PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bears' fans...

.fedale.
10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Okay, you had your week to gloat, here's our turn.

What's all this... "We're gonna win the next week and the Packers are gonna lose and we're gonna be tied in the division."

You really showed us you aren't a consistent team, and just showed up for ONE game.

This is gonna be a long season for you all.

5-1 Packers out.

KingCanuck
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/devin-hester.jpg

Most exciting player in the game.......

.fedale.
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM

He'll be just as exciting when he's on the sidelines in January.

user23960508710783
10-14-2007, 08:09 PM

If they didn't have him . . . wow . . .

weakguy
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
If they didn't have him . . . wow . . .if the colts didn't have manning...wow...
if the patriots didn't have brady...wow...
if the packers didn't have favre....wow...

my point is, your point fails

weakguy
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Okay, you had your week to gloat, here's our turn.

What's all this... "We're gonna win the next week and the Packers are gonna lose and we're gonna be tied in the division."

You really showed us you aren't a consistent team, and just showed up for ONE game.

This is gonna be a long season for you all.

5-1 Packers out.i like you more when you're a cubs fan :P

.fedale.
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
if the colts didn't have manning...wow...
if the patriots didn't have brady...wow...
if the packers didn't have favre....wow...

my point is, your point fails

lol your team isn't supposed to rely on special teams.

LAWL

weakguy
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM

LAWL we dont' rely on special teams, hester had a TD on offense too

.fedale.
10-14-2007, 08:22 PM
we dont' rely on special teams, hester had a TD on offense too

Then what do youi rely on?

Your quarterback?

Cause that's not working.

weakguy
10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Then what do youi rely on?

Your quarterback?

Cause that's not working. well as a team we rely on a strong defense, strong offense, and strong special teams....like every other team. obviously it's not going that well and none of those aspects are very strong ATM. thank you for pointing it out, i didn't notice.

.fedale.
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
No problem.

jlick
10-14-2007, 11:56 PM

i take your hester and raise you a peterson

http://sooners.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/adrian-peterson-28-jersey.jpg

wsuwarrior
10-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Id take Peterson over Hester any day...

But you know what I would take over both of them, 5-1.

Clide Whit
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Lovie Smith's faith in Grossman and letting Thomas Jones go pretty much cost the bears this season. If Chicago only found a way to keep Thomas Jones and picked up a qb that didn't turn the ball over like a Jeff Garcia, they would be right up there with the other top teams. They still have a great defense but with the lack of a good running game and turnovers from Grossman or Griese(sp?), the defense is always on the field being worn down, injured, and banged up.

.fedale.
10-15-2007, 04:09 AM

I see your Peterson, and raise you a Favre

http://www.raisport.rai.it/RaiSport/pub/static/88800/20051211NFLGreenBayPackersBrettFavre.jpg

ElBonemeister
10-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Why so much hate on the Bears? They're my team, but I don't trash on the Packers.

sammy21
10-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Why so much hate on the Bears? They're my team, but I don't trash on the Packers.

People gotta show their e-toughness

Cramerica
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM

Yep.

To me, it was Adrain Peterson who was the most exciting player of that game.

He made the Bears D look like fools.

-bt11
10-15-2007, 09:31 AM

lol u get mod repped?

SOXCAKES
10-15-2007, 09:48 AM

2-4 record, last place.

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 09:53 AM

Booya!

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I see your Peterson, and raise you a Favre

http://www.raisport.rai.it/RaiSport/pub/static/88800/20051211NFLGreenBayPackersBrettFavre.jpg

I'll take Peterson

j_espo1
10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Peterson>Bears.

the Bears 15 minutes of fame are over. only thing you'll be seeing from them is clips of hester every now and then returning one all the way.

.fedale.
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
People gotta show their e-toughness

Actually because of how much **** the Bears' fans talked when they beat Green Bay.

You may have won the battle, but you won't win the war.

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Actually because of how much **** the Bears' fans talked when they beat Green Bay.

You may have won the battle, but you won't win the war.

NFC north is interesting this year, I will go out and say that the Vikes could come back and take the title.

weakguy
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM

You may have won the battle, but you won't win the war. lol because packer fans wouldn't have talked **** if they won, right? i would expect packers fans to talk trash if they beat us, it's a rivalry. you guys are a better team right now, congrats. but when we beat you or you beat us, there will be trash talking no matter what lol

Clide Whit
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
NFC north is interesting this year, I will go out and say that the Vikes could come back and take the title.

You could say the same thing about the East. The Cowboys just lost a little bit of steam after getting spanked by the Pats. The Giants on the other hand are building momentum having won 3 straight. The Redskins defense is amongst the best in the league which would be a good match up against Dallas's high scoring offense. And you can't really count Philly out at this point, seeing that last year they were in a similar hole and out of nowhere took the division.

Blk98Bird
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
The problem isn't about the Bears' talent, it's about the fact that they can't get any of their **** together at once.

First we had problems with Grossman and the offense as a whole was not performing as they should.

Then we pull in Griese. While he changed the dynamics around a bit, he hadn't started in 2 years or so and it took time for the offense to find their role (running team? passing team?). Christ, we're still playing around with some of our players to see what they can do in different positions. Hester is planned to have a role in both the WR and RB position possibly.

Now, the offense started to click yesterday but the defense dropped the ball and let Peterson run all over them.

You can see flashes of hope here and there and the key is trying to sync up offensive success and defensive success. Right now neither one is strong enough to carry the entire team, but together they will be a force.

That being said, if I were from Wisconsin I'd probably talk some trash right now too because it's all the dignity I have left.

Let's run down the list:

Brewer's knocked out by the Cubs
Badgers beaten by the Illiini (yes alum)
Bears beat the Packers at home for the 4th year in a row on the same weekend

The Pack's record is all you have left to throw in our face at this point.

Brett Favre has always been a risk taker and it's not helping that he's getting older and older every year. There's going to come a point when the Packers' luck falls apart and he just can't support the rest of your team anymore.

At the other end of the spectrum, we have a LOT of young guys bringing talent to the table. No doubt as they come further into their own and we solve our quarterback issues will the entire face of the team change again.

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
The problem isn't about the Bears' talent, it's about the fact that they can't get any of their **** together at once.

First we had problems with Grossman and the offense as a whole was not performing as they should.

Then we pull in Griese. While he changed the dynamics around a bit, he hadn't started in 2 years or so and it took time for the offense to find their role (running team? passing team?). Christ, we're still playing around with some of our players to see what they can do in different positions. Hester is planned to have a role in both the WR and RB position possibly.

Now, the offense started to click yesterday but the defense dropped the ball and let Peterson run all over them.

You can see flashes of hope here and there and the key is trying to sync up offensive success and defensive success. Right now neither one is strong enough to carry the entire team, but together they will be a force.

That being said, if I were from Wisconsin I'd probably talk some trash right now too because it's all the dignity I have left.

Let's run down the list:

Brewer's knocked out by the Cubs
Badgers beaten by the Illiini (yes alum)
Bears beat the Packers at home for the 4th year in a row on the same weekend

The Pack's record is all you have left to throw in our face at this point.

Brett Favre has always been a risk taker and it's not helping that he's getting older and older every year. There's going to come a point when the Packers' luck falls apart and he just can't support the rest of your team anymore.

The vikings beat you with a 2nd year coach, 2nd year QB, 3rd year WR, and Rookie RB....

Not to metion a punter who spends every waking minute playing Guitar hero (yes heard him play on the radio during a content on 93X)

K.Sports
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm a bears fan, and i can admit the packers are a better team than the bears this year. the bears still beat you this year though, which is sad considering how ****ty we supposedly are

Blk98Bird
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
The vikings beat you with a 2nd year coach, 2nd year QB, 3rd year WR, and Rookie RB....

Not to metion a punter who spends every waking minute playing Guitar hero (yes heard him play on the radio during a content on 93X)

Which just supports the exact point I made...

Our defense fell apart and allowed Adrian Peterson (and don't BS me, he was 90% of the equation with his all time franchise record) to run all over us. It's as simple as that.

The sheer fact that we played pretty sloppily and STILL almost locked it up in the end speaks about the resilience of this team. When they can get the defense dialed in to shut down those runners, we're gold. Pass defense was starting to look better this week. We're starting to put more points on the board and get more comfortable offensively. It's really about getting both sides of the fence working simultaneously for a change to take the pressure off one another.

10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Not really hating on the bears I don't even have a team but is it just me or is Hester leading the Bears in TDs and he doesn't even start an offensive position..

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm a bears fan, and i can admit the packers are a better team than the bears this year. the bears still beat you this year though, which is sad considering how ****ty we are

fixed

Budweiser
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Which just supports the exact point I made...

Our defense fell apart and allowed Adrian Peterson (and don't BS me, he was 90% of the equation with his all time franchise record) to run all over us. It's as simple as that.

The sheer fact that we played pretty sloppily and STILL almost locked it up in the end speaks about the resilience of this team. When they can get the defense dialed in to shut down those runners, we're gold. Pass defense was starting to look better this week. We're starting to put more points on the board and get more comfortable offensively. It's really about getting both sides of the fence working simultaneously for a change to take the pressure off one another.

You only have 1 player, and he is a fricken punt returner. lol

NAWFKappy
10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Lovie Smith's faith in Grossman and letting Thomas Jones go pretty much cost the bears this season. If Chicago only found a way to keep Thomas Jones and picked up a qb that didn't turn the ball over like a Jeff Garcia, they would be right up there with the other top teams. They still have a great defense but with the lack of a good running game and turnovers from Grossman or Griese(sp?), the defense is always on the field being worn down, injured, and banged up.

we put 31 points on the board this last game. anytime you put up over 30 points and lose its the defenses fault. no excuses for letting someone gain 225 yards on the ground.....it was awful to watch.

pakmansc300
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
It was like watching a madden 07 yesterday.
Too bad the better team didn't come out on top(ya really)

Blk98Bird
10-15-2007, 07:06 PM
You only have 1 player, and he is a fricken punt returner. lol

Same defense that shut everybody down last year, they just aren't playing at that level yet this season.

You have one argument and that's the fact that Devin Hester is carrying the team. No ****. Anyone watching the games can see that. You are totally ignoring the talent of players like Olsen who already makes plays and shows a lot of promise, Urlacher who has been in countless pro-bowls and on and on. Just because they aren't playing well RIGHT NOW does not mean the entire team is worthless. They are making obvious mistakes like missing big tackles and it has nothing to do with their physical abilities.

Again, I don't see where you have room to talk when all the wisconsin teams were shut down by all the illinois teams within the last couple months :confused:.

You can have a winning record all you want but at the end of the day it didn't win you a game against the Bears and it hasn't won you a Superbowl so wtf good has it done you?

Blk98Bird
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
we put 31 points on the board this last game. anytime you put up over 30 points and lose its the defenses fault. no excuses for letting someone gain 225 yards on the ground.....it was awful to watch.

Exactly. Our offense finally began to click and our defense regressed. If we can get both working together, things will turn around. If we can't...well then this is the theme of the rest of the season.

The talent is there but they need to get back to the basics again before trying to re-invent the wheel.

I'm sure it's a mental psych-out that everyone is making a huge commotion over the fact that most losing superbowl teams tend to struggle the following year as if the Bears were screwed from the start.

Budweiser
10-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Same defense that shut everybody down last year, they just aren't playing at that level yet this season.

You have one argument and that's the fact that Devin Hester is carrying the team. No ****. Anyone watching the games can see that. You are totally ignoring the talent of players like Olsen who already makes plays and shows a lot of promise, Urlacher who has been in countless pro-bowls and on and on. Just because they aren't playing well RIGHT NOW does not mean the entire team is worthless. They are making obvious mistakes like missing big tackles and it has nothing to do with their physical abilities.

Again, I don't see where you have room to talk when all the wisconsin teams were shut down by all the illinois teams within the last couple months :confused:.

You can have a winning record all you want but at the end of the day it didn't win you a game against the Bears and it hasn't won you a Superbowl so wtf good has it done you?

Actually my team did beat you, I live in MN. And we don't have a winning record and yes I know that our team relies heavily on an outstanding rookie RB.

Blk98Bird
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Actually my team did beat you, I live in MN. And we don't have a winning record and yes I know that our team relies heavily on an outstanding rookie RB.

Then why are you bothering to rip on my team for depending on Hester? Who cares. The Packers are a mediocre team surrounding Favre. You even admit that the Vikings did the same thing in that game. They sure as hell didn't stop anything else because we were able to rally in the fourth quarter from a fairly strong deficit.

The Bears are a solid team that aren't playing on the level right now. The only reason they're under this much scrutiny is because they made it so far last year.

I maintain that Packers fans are bitter because their current record is all they have left to hang on to and when the house of cards begins to fall, they have nowhere to go but down hill so it will mean nothing in the end.

Brag all you want guys, the more you say the Bears are a ****ty team the more ridiculous it is that we beat you.

Budweiser
10-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Then why are you bothering to rip on my team for depending on Hester? Who cares. The Packers are a mediocre team surrounding Favre. You even admit that the Vikings did the same thing in that game. They sure as hell didn't stop anything else because we were able to rally in the fourth quarter from a fairly strong deficit.

The Bears are a solid team that aren't playing on the level right now. The only reason they're under this much scrutiny is because they made it so far last year.

I'm just giving you some **** man, calm down. Breathe. The NFC north to me is still wide open

GB beat MN in MN
Chi beat GB in GB
MN beat Chi in Chi

weird usually the home team wins our division games.

Blk98Bird
10-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm just giving you some **** man, calm down. Breathe. The NFC north to me is still wide open

GB beat MN in MN
Chi beat GB in GB
MN beat Chi in Chi

weird usually the home team wins our division games.

Sorry I've been surrounded by Sox and several Packers fans for the last few years so I get defensive, especially when people like the OP decide to make these threads.

It's looking almost like the NFC will be like the National League was this season so I'm pulling for the Bears to finally turn things around and gain some momentum.

Shike
10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
I just wish in all honestly that someone in our division would pull their sh*t together and show them afc bastards up. I know it ain't gonna be the Vikings this year.

BigPoppaPump84
10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Discuss.

.fedale.
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Discuss.

This isn't a Chicago Bears thread.

pakmansc300
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM

The thread title says "Hey Chicago Bears fans thread" (ya really) DDDUURRR!!

.fedale.
10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
The thread title says "Hey Chicago Bears fans thread" (ya really) DDDUURRR!!

DURR

Just because the thread title says "Bears'", doesn't mean It's not off topic to talk about next week's game.

It's a thread making fun of you stupid Bears fans... quit being literal.

Haterade~
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Devin Hester can inseminate my future wife and make my babies for me.

sammy21
10-16-2007, 07:28 PM

It is now.

Bears will crush eagles :D

BigDreams21
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM

LAWL
Your team should rely on whatever gets them wins..

Budweiser
10-17-2007, 05:56 AM
It is now.

Bears will crush eagles :D

honestly, this game could go either way. what is the point spread?

MANOSTEEL00
10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Bears beat Packers. What happened last Sunday isn't any of your business, your team still got owned against the Bears. Why don't you bring this up again after the Bears sweep the Pack at Soldier?

AdamL00001
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Bears beat Packers. What happened last Sunday isn't any of your business, your team still got owned against the Bears. Why don't you bring this up again after the Bears sweep the Pack at Soldier?

Probably because that's only going to be our fourth win of the year.

"Hey, we beat you guys twice!"
"Yeah, well, we're the NFC North champs, and we're getting a first round bye."
"But we beat you! That makes us better! And we beat you twice! That makes us twice as better."
"Go find another quarterback. We've had one. You've had, what 21 and are still looking?"

Basically, I don't see this ending well for us Bears fans at all. Vote Devin Hester for quarterback.

.fedale.
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Your team should rely on whatever gets them wins..

What, beating teams?

I think thats what most teams rely on.

Your team should worry about your defense tbh.

Blk98Bird
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Probably because that's only going to be our fourth win of the year.

"Hey, we beat you guys twice!"
"Yeah, well, we're the NFC North champs, and we're getting a first round bye."
"But we beat you! That makes us better! And we beat you twice! That makes us twice as better."
"Go find another quarterback. We've had one. You've had, what 21 and are still looking?"

Basically, I don't see this ending well for us Bears fans at all. Vote Devin Hester for quarterback.

Yeah but you make a lot of assumptions.

You assume the Packers will take the NFC North. Even if that's correct, unless they make it to the superbowl (and, arguably, win) what's the difference what their record is?

The cubs were division champs and it didn't win us a world series :D.

What it comes down to, is that they wave their record in our faces because of the rivalry but we have beaten them pretty consistently over the past few years and I believe the series is 89-79 (Bears) all-time.

Be proud of your team, because no matter how much we seem to falter lately we always have the Packers to rely on for a solid win or two :D.

Blk98Bird
10-17-2007, 01:20 PM
What, beating teams?

I think thats what most teams rely on.

Your team should worry about your defense tbh.

Defense fell apart in the Minnesota game, that we agree on. They were doing somewhat decent earlier on when the offense blew goat nuts which is ironic.

Blk98Bird
10-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Hahaha this line reminded me of the Superfans by the way.

"Hester vs. the Packers, who would win?"

"Hester"

"Well what if it was a mini-Hester?"

or

"Hester vs. a hurricane, who would win?"

"Is the hurricane's name Hester?"

papi93

Do you listen to Chicago sports radio? The Bear fans are so desparate that they want to convert Urlacher to a safety and move Briggs to middle linebacker. I guess since Grossman can't be the whipping boy, Urlacher has taken his place. Bears just need to realize they are not as good as last year and need to stop pointing fingers. Losing T. Jones and keeping the prima donna C. Benson was a terrible mistake. The defense is not scoring points like they have in the past. Losing the defensive coordinator might have been a bigger blow then they anticipated.

AdamL00001
Yeah but you make a lot of assumptions.

You assume the Packers will take the NFC North. Even if that's correct, unless they make it to the superbowl (and, arguably, win) what's the difference what their record is?

The cubs were division champs and it didn't win us a world series :D.

What it comes down to, is that they wave their record in our faces because of the rivalry but we have beaten them pretty consistently over the past few years and I believe the series is 89-79 (Bears) all-time.

Be proud of your team, because no matter how much we seem to falter lately we always have the Packers to rely on for a solid win or two :D.

lol, true. But I never was one for moral victories. I mean, if we're gonna get a win, we need to get a lot, not half-assing our way to a W once a month. So what if we beat up on our rivals? I'd rather lose twice to the Cheeseheads and go to the playoffs than beat them twice and have the rest of the league laughing at us.

.fedale.
10-17-2007, 01:25 PM
lol, true. But I never was one for moral victories. I mean, if we're gonna get a win, we need to get a lot, not half-assing our way to a W once a month. So what if we beat up on our rivals? I'd rather lose twice to the Cheeseheads and go to the playoffs than beat them twice and have the rest of the league laughing at us.

Same with me...

I don't care if the Bears beat us, cause we will only have like 4 losses, with our schedule.

Because playing in January is what it's all about.

Blk98Bird
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Good point, but when you're a Bears and Cubs fan like I am you generally learn to enjoy the moral victories.

papi93
10-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Same with me...

I don't care if the Bears beat us, cause we will only have like 4 losses, with our schedule.

Because playing in January is what it's all about.

Having a good division record (NFC North) and record with the NFC are very important to playoff positioning. So far, we would hold a tie-breaker over the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins (NFC opponents).

.fedale.
10-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Hahaha this line reminded me of the Superfans by the way.

"Hester vs. the Packers, who would win?"

"Hester"

"Well what if it was a mini-Hester?"

or

"Hester vs. a hurricane, who would win?"

"Is the hurricane's name Hester?"

"Who would win the Indy 500 if there was the whole bears team was in a school bus?"

"Is Hester driving?"

"Yes"

"Bear Bus"