PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop eating!

flexusmaximus
06-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Eat, eat, eat...sleep sleep sleep. That is all I have been doing for the past 5 weeks and I'm sick and tired of this lifestyle.
I know I need to change, but can't do it by myself. I hear the tweekies talking to me from the kitchen, I feel the cartons of ice cream staring me down, and I give in to the bags and bags of Doritos because I think they fill in the missing piece of my life.
HELP...I've fallen and I don't know if I can get up.

Enlightened
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Start with eating healthy food. If you're gonna eat and eat and eat, at least choose good options. Or better then before options...then work your way down.

flexusmaximus
06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
The only problem is, healthy foods don't talk to me...they don't beg me to eat them, while sugar and fatty filled foods smile and flirt.

Brian Miller
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
keep eatin fat ass!!!!!

amurr
06-16-2005, 11:44 AM
throw them away, I wouldn't keep that crap in my apartment, even though i do eat them on occaision.

NJLife
06-16-2005, 12:01 PM
ask yourself if you want diabetes or any other disease/cancer.

Cause thats what your kinda lifestyle will lead to, I've witnessed it with my mom, all she ate is junk/sugars and stuff. Now she has to take so many meds.

Might not affect you now but it will catch up to you..

2BShredded
06-16-2005, 12:15 PM
throw them away, I wouldn't keep that crap in my apartment, even though i do eat them on occaision.

Absolutely, get rid of the bad stuff. Then when you are hungry you will only eat healthy things. And when you go to the store don't buy more bad stuff.

rockstarsar
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I know I need to change, but can't do it by myself. I hear the tweekies talking to me from the kitchen,

Go see a therapist.

By the way, I hear the tweekies, too.

AbramsM1
06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Pizza talks to me... I can only get it to stop by eating it to death. Very unfortunate.

Seriously though, I try to eat all the crap I want from 6:00 pm Saturday to 6:00 pm Sunday. That way I get all my cravings in, I get to go out Saturday night if I want, and the rest of the week I eat very healthy.

Regards, and good luck,
Abrams

taffer
06-16-2005, 02:16 PM
if you have to eat like that you probly have some sort of underlying psychological problem, go see a therapist, and try to take your mind off food, music works well for me

oh yeah, lift weights, the best advise i can give, at least you will put on alot of good muscle

Maximum6
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
...i don't hear my food talk at all...:D

i do hear the screaming in the weight room though.

aprilai
06-16-2005, 02:51 PM
chew gum

cut a bunch of vegetables and start munching on them when you have the temptation to eat.

BigLifter3
06-16-2005, 04:34 PM
i have the same problem too. My younger bro lives on junk food and my mom buys plenty for him so it's always tempting me....sometimes i give but usually i can resist except when i run out of healthy food and then my mom says eat the junk before i buy the healthy stuff again so i get screwed.

SuperAmmo
06-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I had that problem today. Normally when I'm home and bored I snack on healthy stuff (fruits, veggies, maybe make myself a turkey sandwich if I'm starving). Well, I was out of my healthy foods.

I caved, but fortunately I stayed within reasonable calorie intake for the day. I'm still full and haven't eaten since 2!

sardis3207
06-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Go see a therapist.

By the way, I hear the tweekies, too.

Therapists are so ineffective, go see a geneticist or metabolic pathologist to get some tests ran and make sure that your body is functioning properly.

BigLifter3
06-16-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah well i stayed in my calorie intake but i cheated once with a big banana nut muffin for post workout w/ a banana and whey. Is one of those giant store bought muffins that bad for you? it has 29 carbs 16 which are sugar and 11 grams of fat but only 1.5 is saturated so i hope that's not too bad.

rockstarsar
06-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Therapists are so ineffective, go see a geneticist or metabolic pathologist to get some tests ran and make sure that your body is functioning properly.

Did you even read the guy's original post? He is struggling emotionally with food, and I believe a therapist might be able to help him. Sure, the therapist may not, but it's doing something. I'd like to see you tell the millions of people who have recovered from eating disorders that therapy is ineffective.

luke77
06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Did you even read the guy's original post? He is struggling emotionally with food, and I believe a therapist might be able to help him. Sure, the therapist may not, but it's doing something. I'd like to see you tell the millions of people who have recovered from eating disorders that therapy is ineffective.

Yeah, I agree that it would be a good idea to see a therapist if you really have this kind of preoccupation with food. In my experience, if you don't treat it it is only going to get worse. A therapist is not going to magically "cure" you but will provide needed support to change your thoughts/habits.

sardis3207
06-16-2005, 09:50 PM

Not nearly as effective as correcting a serious metabolic disorder.

As to your question, yes, I did read his post, talking twinkies and all. The fact that this person wants to eat so badly is cause for concern regarding a physical disorder of some sort.

danboy
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
change the tweekies to egg whites, the ice cream to steak and the doritos to chicken breasts and skim milk.....do so and eat as much of it as u can but also lift weights in the mean time.........itl be a sucessful bulk if u eat like u say u can.

other than that every time u feel like eating drink a few cups of warm water, its make u feel full.

BodySculpting
06-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Keep the junk out of the house as much as you can, that's what I do and it works.