PDA

View Full Version : Lose Weight

Deciever
12-15-2001, 08:01 PM
My friend, a fat guy is trying to lose weight around his lower stomach area....what can he do? He doesnt really have fat any where else.... (not a lot at least). What can he do, what supplements can he take, and what can he do

Mr.Lean
12-16-2001, 08:09 AM
Cardio, moderate pace for 30-40 minutes 4 times a week. Low calorie diet( work down gradually to bodyweight *10) with low saturated fat and simple carbs. Ab excersices like crunches, leg raises, twists. If he doesnt see a difference in the first 4 weeks then get a thermogenic like Dymetadrine or Xenadrine but only as a last resort.

bamaster
12-16-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Lean
...then get a thermogenic like Dymetadrine or Xenadrine but only as a last resort.

MrLean, why di you suggest only as a last resort? I use Xenedrine along with a 5x/week workout schedule, which I'm trying to tweak here in these forums. I'm 5'11", 190 lbs, 31" waist, prolly around 12-14% bf (i'm guessing). ECA stacks no good? What's your thoughts on this?

Phil T
12-16-2001, 05:28 PM
I, too, am trying to lose the fat around my waist. Well, all over actually but you get the idea. I have done about 20 minutes of cardio since August (when I started) and I still have lost enough fat to see an outline of a six pack I thought I'd NEVER see because I had so much to lose. Therefore, I don't subscribe to the " 'X'-amount-of-cardio" is necessary notion.

I do, however, believe in the proper use of metabolic aids like "fat burners". I also think it's important to consider thyroid support when cutting calories as it ttends to want to shut down when one seriously restricts caloric intake. I'd suggest your friend use Adipo, MD6 or Xenadrine (Adipo is probably best) and use the topical yohimbine from Avant Labs while he's dieting. Also, it's a good idea to use a cortisol inhibiting supplement because, as I've found, dieting can be stressful and the very thought that the fat is resisting the fat loss effort can be enough to send cortisol levels up (which, in turn stimulates fat storage). The best cortisol inhibitor I've found so far is phosphatidylserine. Lucas Meyers Labs makes the best IMO.

Mr.Lean
12-16-2001, 06:12 PM
I didnt say ECA stacks are no good, I just feel they are unneccsary if you follow a good diet and do cardio. This is best and most healthiest way to lose fat , however if you need a thermogenic to motivate you then fine use it. With me I like to keep it natural for as long as possible and only use supplemets to help a break a plateau( which I am yet to hit , 7 weeks into my cutting phase).
Phil T, I disagree strongly with your views on cardio. For me it is a must when trying to lose fat and I never go below 1700 calories when trying to lose fat. It seems to me that youve dropped calories way too low and are relying heavily on supplements like cortisol inhibitors and thermogenics. I guarantee that eventually this will catch up with you and youll suffer form malnutrition if not now then in the very near future.

masswithclass
12-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Hey i'm in the same boat as you guys, tryin to rip it up for summer, anyhows, i've been doing 2 HOURS of cardio 3 days a week and 1 HOUR of cardio the other three days, all sessions are in the morning but the 2 hour days i do an hour in the morning and an hour at night, i also do 3 weight training sessions a week, in the afternoons.

Been on this for the past 2 weeks am really happy with my progress, have not taken any supplements etc, what i do believe is in Caffeine and aspirin, these two are KILLER combination to burn off fat, i only use them two or three times a week, but it really does show the day after, some ppl may see this as overtraining, but i've yet to feel overtrained, so we'll see how it goes.....

Socrates Jones
12-18-2001, 09:56 AM
I have found that doing moderate cardio on a consistent basis during the week for 45 minutes per day (moderate, not killer) along with eating five small "meals" per day - but keeping the calories in check - has resulted in the loss of nearly 35 lbs in three months. It isn't the fastest way, but it is something I can live with.

mcginley
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
today my bad day and i am weighting that 74 was 71 yesterday please someone help

Spenc85
06-12-2013, 10:32 PM
I am wondering what your pace is and resistance? Are you physically running or are you using like an Ellyptical or any other cardio machine.
Hey i'm in the same boat as you guys, tryin to rip it up for summer, anyhows, i've been doing 2 HOURS of cardio 3 days a week and 1 HOUR of cardio the other three days, all sessions are in the morning but the 2 hour days i do an hour in the morning and an hour at night, i also do 3 weight training sessions a week, in the afternoons.

Been on this for the past 2 weeks am really happy with my progress, have not taken any supplements etc, what i do believe is in Caffeine and aspirin, these two are KILLER combination to burn off fat, i only use them two or three times a week, but it really does show the day after, some ppl may see this as overtraining, but i've yet to feel overtrained, so we'll see how it goes.....

thesalmon
06-13-2013, 02:47 AM
You probably already know this, as this is basics, but still.
Calculate his basal metabolic rate BMR and include (add) calories that he burns during running (or whatever exercise he does) per day. Then, substract 10% of that number. For example if his basal metabolic rate is 2000 kcal and he runs every day for 30 minutes (lets say that is about 300 kcal, you did not provide his body attributes), his daily calorie consumption is 2300kcal. 2300kcal minus 10% is 2070 kcal. Make him eat 2070 kcal. Calculate bmr with bmr calculator (http://healthiack.com/bmr-calculator).
As far as exercising goes he should be doing low intensity exercise in the low intensity heart rate zone where mainly body fat is used to fuel muscles. Calculate his heart rate zone values with heart rate zone calculator (http://healthiack.com/heart-rate-zone-calculator). For "supplements" I would go with green tea or black coffee 1 hour prior to exericising. Or maybe some fat burner pills (which usually also consists of green tea extract) - these are cheap. He should be doing low intensity exercising at least 5 times per week. If he is "fat" I think HIIT is not suitable for him - HIIT is high intensity interval training meaning he should be sprinting and walking alternatively for 30 seconds or 1 minute and repeating for 5 - 10 times. Some people say that HIIT is more effective than low intensity training. But for start I think low intensity in low heart rate zone would be more appropriate because he is probably not very athletic at the moment. Just my opion on this, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

RamirezSFC
09-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Have your friend hit a carb cycle. That belly fat should met off.

csb5731
09-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Why you guys bumping thread from 2001? The OP was posted like three months after 9/11.

biggoron
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
8 year and 4 year thread bumps. Gotta be a record

AlexKovalyova
01-28-2016, 02:58 AM
Hey :)
I used to have extra weight on my hips and i wanted to lose weight as well as you!
I follow this program and it helps me to lose weight. Try it, I am sure it helps!

pushing-up.com/category/weight-loss-program/