PDA

View Full Version : Headaches because of too much pb?

Giorrgi
10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi!

I figured out I needed alot of peanut butter today since my intake was really low. [AND most importantly because I wanted to eat something tasty :D]

So I 'had' to eat like 5-6 tbsp of peanut butter which is 5x8=40g of fat... Actually I'm not QUITE sure if I ate this exact amount, maybe more and maybe less. The only fat I'm getting during the day is the small amount I put in my protein bars and the one that's in the oatmeals.

This shouldn't really be harmful if I don't do it every day, but! I just noticed that I'm getting a little headache. Why the heck?

Anybody had the same kind of problem after a mini mini binge? :)

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude, I put 5-6 tbsps on a sandwich. That's nowhere close to a binge. I don't get a headache, I just get this wonderful sensation in my mouth that doesn't come from anything else.

Oddball8945
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
you could be alergic to peanuts alot of people are, but like ^ said 5-6 Tbsp is nothing.

Jenflower
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
you could be alergic to peanuts alot of people are, but like ^ said 5-6 Tbsp is nothing.
Thinking the same thing. Allergic reaction?

or they could of been contaminated with mold.

Was it organic pb?

Richie_Awesome
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Could be an allergy as previously stated.

I eat up to 15 tablespoons a day without a headache.

nickdow
10-11-2007, 03:17 PM
The only fat I'm getting during the day is the small amount I put in my protein bars and the one that's in the oatmeals.

This being your real problem. Solution is to eat more fat, and from different sources, ie beef, pork, milk, nuts, eggs etc

May or may not knock the headaches out but if you're not getting enough fat in your diet it will knock many other problems out too.

matthor
10-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Dude, I put 5-6 tbsps on a sandwich. That's nowhere close to a binge. I don't get a headache, I just get this wonderful sensation in my mouth that doesn't come from anything else.

King Amongst Men.

lol, that is a serious fkn sandwich

nhemmie7
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM
i doubt you put that much, sorry to say but you would be a fat*** if you ate as much as you always so you do

matthor
10-11-2007, 03:50 PM
i doubt you put that much, sorry to say but you would be a fat*** if you ate as much as you always so you do

genetics bro!@!

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

And the fact that I ran 12 miles this morning, as I often do, has no effect at all on my caloric needs...

If you wanna be able to eat a lot of food, get off your @ss and do something.

And let's do some math, shall we? 6 tblsps pb=600 cals. 2 pieces bread=200 cals AT MOST. Oh God, an 800 calories meal. Whatever shall we do?

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
genetics bro!@!

Don't you have some ice cream, coco puffs, and deepfried broccoli to be eating? ;)

Thinkingman85
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Your body might not be able to handle so much fat in one serving. If you space it out during the day, maybe there will be improvement. Make sure you are hydrated.

Spottydog
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM

He's an ecto hardgainer... maybe you or even I would get fat, but he doesn't.

Oddball8945
10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
And the fact that I ran 12 miles this morning, as I often do, has no effect at all on my caloric needs...

If you wanna be able to eat a lot of food, get off your @ss and do something.

And let's do some math, shall we? 6 tblsps pb=600 cals. 2 pieces bread=200 cals AT MOST. Oh God, an 800 calories meal. Whatever shall we do?

im sure the 12 miles had a huge effect on caloric needs lol, sh*t if i could run 12 miles daily ide probally have to take in 3300 just to maintain & that = some good eating.

800 calorie meals lol all from a PB & J sandwhich, strong calorie density in one food type, altho i do love me the 800-1200 calorie meal. Matter a fact i just had a 1200 calorie meal of egg,PB,CC & Chocolate LMFAO

V.H.9.8.4.
10-11-2007, 06:46 PM
not about headaches, but if i have non natural pb, and one of the ingredients is partially hydrogenated soybean oil, doesnt that mean it has trans fat, cause the labe says 0g trans fat

-VH

The Solution
10-11-2007, 06:46 PM
im sure the 12 miles had a huge effect on caloric needs lol, sh*t if i could run 12 miles daily ide probally have to take in 3300 just to maintain & that = some good eating.

800 calorie meals lol all from a PB & J sandwhich, strong calorie density in one food type, altho i do love me the 800-1200 calorie meal. Matter a fact i just had a 1200 calorie meal of egg,PB,CC & Chocolate LMFAO

so where the pic to back up that meal? id love to see some of that home cooking

or is it one of those big eggwhite pies? those look so delicous

and hell you go for what 2-3 of those big meals a day right on ur IF?

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM

When you have stomach problems and fill up easily because you're a small guy, relatively speaking, caloric density is your friend in avoiding discomfort and nausea. I seriously have to watch my intake of calorically sparse vegetables etc. so I don't feel like yakking up my last meal or two. I love food, but I just wish I could eat more so I could be a little more lavish.

Oddball8945
10-11-2007, 06:52 PM
so where the pic to back up that meal? id love to see some of that home cooking

or is it one of those big eggwhite pies? those look so delicous

and hell you go for what 2-3 of those big meals a day right on ur IF?

huge egg white pie, 16oz of Cottage cheese with chocolate syrup and like 8oz Ghirardelli Cocoa.

With this IF i usually do at least 4-5 solid real meals at like anywere from 300-800 calories each, and nibble on healthy snacks in the kitchen like fruit,cheese,cocoa,veggies, so it brings me to what i need for the day. Today i just did 2 huge meals cause i was kinda busy so i did like one 900 calorie salad and this 1300 egg puff thing for low carb/cal day.

IF is great, so simple

health4life
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Not gonna lie here - I get headaches if I don't get my PB fix for the day , no matter how much the amount is.

I might be addicted. hehe

V.H.9.8.4.
10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I love food, but I just wish I could eat more so I could be a little more lavish.
looks like Black Hole would be your friend

-VH

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 06:59 PM
looks like Black Hole would be your friend

-VH

Nah, I have enough cannabis for that, lol. The main issue right now is unexplained stomach problems I'm currently seeing a GI doctor for.

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Not gonna lie here - I get headaches if I don't get my PB fix for the day , no matter how much the amount is.

Hahaha, w3rd to that.

Oddball8945
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Nah, I have enough cannabis for that, lol. The main issue right now is unexplained stomach problems I'm currently seeing a GI doctor for.

Good luck with the doctors, lmfao especially since you have unexplained stomach problems. Hopefully whatever you have is something common and they will find it with the simple tests otherwise you'll be running in circles for a year trying to figure out wtf is wrong.

God i hate doctors, half the time they don't have a clue.

Aindreas
10-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Good luck with the doctors, lmfao especially since you have unexplained stomach problems. Hopefully whatever you have is something common and they will find it with the simple tests otherwise you'll be running in circles for a year trying to figure out wtf is wrong.

God i hate doctors, half the time they don't have a clue.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you about the doctors. This guy was like,"Oh, it sounds like IBS, take this pill when you get symptoms." Well no ****, I was diagnosed with IBS like a year ago, and I have symptoms all the f*cking time, not that the pill helps anyway.

Cutting out gluten and dairy has helped, but something is still wrong. Even if it's something fairly severe, like inflammatory bowel disease or ulcerative colitis, it would still really be a relief to know. At the moment I look like the world's skinniest person with a GH gut; vascular abs on a bulging stomach. Wtf?

Jrich54338
10-11-2007, 07:39 PM
pb dont give you headaches lol

GForce78NJ
10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
oddball i have to say i cant wait to get to my first bulk season so i can become a chef connesuier (think i spelled that right) like yourself, ill definately be cooking a lot of ur meals and many others from other posters from the meals eating now thread

terracotta
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi!

I figured out I needed alot of peanut butter today since my intake was really low. [AND most importantly because I wanted to eat something tasty :D]

So I 'had' to eat like 5-6 tbsp of peanut butter which is 5x8=40g of fat... Actually I'm not QUITE sure if I ate this exact amount, maybe more and maybe less. The only fat I'm getting during the day is the small amount I put in my protein bars and the one that's in the oatmeals.

This shouldn't really be harmful if I don't do it every day, but! I just noticed that I'm getting a little headache. Why the heck?

Anybody had the same kind of problem after a mini mini binge? :)

Was it natural peanut butter? I know I get headaches from sugary stuff. Or maybe it was salted and you didn't drink enough water? Or it could be unrelated entirely (likely).

Giorrgi
10-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Was it natural peanut butter? I know I get headaches from sugary stuff. Or maybe it was salted and you didn't drink enough water? Or it could be unrelated entirely (likely).

Hi

Thanks to everybody! :)

Yes, the only PB I can get at the local store has some hydrogenated olive oil, no sugars... [and I get headaches from too much sugar at the same time too, more precisely not from sugar but from sugar replacement products].

And no, I think I get enough fat, even though I should start including those fish oil thingies everybody keeps talking about. Except that I put alot when I cook my protein bars.

Thanks once more :)

Mike83
10-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I got a headache from eating too much pb, nutbutters before. I think its because of being so full and the fat dehydrating you.

The Solution
10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi

Yes, the only PB I can get at the local store has some hydrogenated olive oil, no sugars... [and I get headaches from too much sugar at the same time too, more precisely not from sugar but from sugar replacement products].

And no, I think I get enough fat, even though I should start including those fish oil thingies everybody keeps talking about. Except that I put alot when I cook my protein bars.

Thanks once more :)

if u get enough fat then dont worry about PB.. stick with almonds, olive oil / flax oil / fish oils

and u can incorporate fats from ground beef or other fatty meats such as steak / fish..

keep it simple and what you perfer to help u avoid the headaches

Jenflower
10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi

There's your answer right there-hydrogenated oils. I would avoid them if I were you.

Giorrgi
10-12-2007, 10:30 AM
There's your answer right there-hydrogenated oils. I would avoid them if I were you.

I think the quantity is something like 0,5%. Thought it was not really important. Thanks