PDA

View Full Version : Unsalted Peanuts vs. Natural peanut butter

TigerStealth
10-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Which is better as a fat source-- unsalted peanuts or natty pb?

Jules Verne
10-11-2007, 05:50 AM
what's the difference?

The ingredients on the PB I get are;

Peanuts

I guess you should make sure you chew whole peanuts well, but I don't see that as a major issue.

xtrell
10-11-2007, 05:52 AM
The fat source is the exact same.... Your question contradicts the topic title- if sodium intake is very important and monitored in your diet, then go with the natty pb.

The Solution
10-11-2007, 05:53 AM
its esentiall the same exact thing in all seriousness.. the nutrients are literally the asme (Peanuts) and the macros balance out if not exactly the same

pick whichever you choose.. IMO id go with peanut butter because its tasty and goes well with a lot of things, but if u enjoy the munch on some peanuts.. take it to town.. tahts my 2 cents

i get both in a day just for variety tho

fates_child03
10-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Its about the exact same. If they are raw peanuts they are equivalent for all practical purposes.

baarat
10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
The only diff, and it's very small is the fact the essentials oils in the peanuts would have more value. their not exposed either through processing and the air.

ConanHC
10-11-2007, 08:45 AM
When you take peanuts and smash them as you chew, you get peanut butter.

Exactly the same, though Baarat here has a very valid point.

The Solution
10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
i would also like to include whtever would be easier on ur stomach is ur best choice.. some people cant really take almonds down without them getting a bad feeling in their stomach.. if so find ways to spread PB on sadnwiches, mix it with things.. put it on some celery, mix it with ur foods etc etc

preference is key in a diet