PDA

View Full Version : bigger faster stronger

jk67
08-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Can someone please post or email me the entire bigger faster program. thanks

warriorlifter21
08-09-2002, 11:12 AM
dont post that crap in here....bigger-faster-stronger is a joke. It has basically zero carryover to athletic performance. jk67 you have sadly been taken down the wrong path. You need to look into renegade training for true athletic benefits

jk67
08-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Can you tell me what renegade training is? Also can you post a type of renegade workout. thanks

warriorlifter21
08-09-2002, 01:04 PM
i already made a renegade post just scroll down in this section.....also read understand the sand that is a type of renegade training

biggdave
08-12-2002, 10:30 PM
wow is nice to know that not just people in my old school thought BFS wias a F*CKING joke. The school board bought the progam and the coaches we told to use it, and out intire program turned to ****.

str8flexed
08-13-2002, 05:06 PM
well **** or not it put 110 lbs on my bench press in 13 months.

warriorlifter21
08-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Are we supposed to be impressed?

str8flexed
08-14-2002, 01:44 PM
nice attitude, i guess, not but i think 110 lbs in 13 months isn't half bad. Maybe you should cut out your attitude just because someone doesn't agree with your OPINION doesn't mean you should get all ****ty.

biggdave
08-15-2002, 11:31 PM
were not saying that 110 pounds in 13 months isnt bad its just that being stronger in the bench means **** when your a linebacker and a 220 pound beast of a running back is coming right at you. BFS is far closer to a bb program then it is to athletic training program. It was made up by some ******* of a coach who thought he knew what he ws talking about. And one more thing, i went back to the old football coach and got the old program. I went from 190 pounds bodyweight with 23% bf and benching 135 5.2 40 yard dash to 155 with 5% benching 230 4.5 40 yard dash in 7 months.

warriorlifter21
08-16-2002, 07:09 AM
U went from a 5.2 to a 4.5? Thats awesome.....ur right about BFS it a has little carryover affect to the sport of football

str8flexed
08-17-2002, 09:52 PM
did I say I ever played football?

stangs
08-17-2002, 11:19 PM
i'm gonna be pro-BFS on this one since our whole team has gotten better off of it.

- from end of freshmen year to end of soph year on all lifts -

bench - 180 to 265
squat - 225 to 400
deadlift - 405 to 435 (i stopped midway thru year)
pwrclean - 150 to 220

weight - 146 to 178 as of tonight

tis I Sean
08-18-2002, 11:17 AM
BFS has worked great for me.....although I added a training day for arms because all we had was like 3 sets of bicurls..

biggdave
08-18-2002, 01:50 PM
can all the people that think BFS is good pleese post your sport

str8flexed
08-18-2002, 02:24 PM
baseball, and now Rugby.

str8flexed
08-18-2002, 02:25 PM
baseball, and now Rugby. Well of course bodybuilding as well.

biggdave
08-18-2002, 02:37 PM
now do you really think BFS made you able to throw the baseball farther probley not. The only way your going to be able to throw anything farther is by throwing and doing throwing drills not by doing curls. BFS is 100% bodybuilding except for the powercleans.

str8flexed
08-18-2002, 02:39 PM
well the fact that my deadlift and squat are alot better...that will never help me in the scrum now will it...c'mon now, stop treating me like a fool, I know more than most about lifting and nutrition.
Peace

str8flexed
08-18-2002, 02:40 PM
and as a competitive bodybuilder I'd like to add that BFS splits are nothing like bodybuilding splits, at least the ones I do. I do follow a similar format for about 6 weeks out of the year but this is primarily a strength phase and is not something I do for hypertrophy purposes.

tis I Sean
08-18-2002, 11:51 PM
i play football

dez/null
08-19-2002, 07:53 AM
huhh when people come into the gym and ask me for a workout...i useally put them on the BFS workout. iv seen a guy go from 150 to 190 off it (he ate pure **** tho)

Fletch
08-19-2002, 08:51 AM
I did BFS all through High School. Bench went from 180 to 315 in my 4 years, not to mention I ran the NFL Combine shuttle agility test in 4.09 at Central Michigan University. I was an option quarterback for football. All-State P/RF in baseball, State Qualifier in wrestling at 171 lbs, and played travel hockey until age 18.

The only weightlifting program I ever did in that time was the BFS program. You tellin me it's ****? Why don't ya kick me in the nuts cause that's about how it feels when you say sh*t like that!?!?! BFS made a man outta me.

- Fletch

Fletch
08-19-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by biggdave
now do you really think BFS made you able to throw the baseball farther probley not. The only way your going to be able to throw anything farther is by throwing and doing throwing drills not by doing curls. BFS is 100% bodybuilding except for the powercleans.

BFS is for building a stronger total body. Everyone knows muscle growth will not equate athletic excellence, however, having a strong body will prevent fatigue and injuries better then any other method.

Curls WILL help your throwing because having symmetrical muscle development in your bicep helps prevent even greater stress on your elbow joint when throwing. Furthermore, the same policy goes for shoulder development. Clemens is a freak because he's strong as a horse. Same goes with Nolan Ryan. Proper mechanics and having a strong body will help you throw harder just as much as your rotator cuff exercises (jobes) if not more.

- Fletch

dez/null
08-19-2002, 10:43 AM
im the prime example of what a athlete should look like

i dont have big biceps. my love handles are enlarged from heavy squatting.

but where i stand is i cant gain too much weight.

BFS was made mainly for mainstream sports a e baseball basketball football ect. ect. bodybuilding workouts work the muscles into enlargement. then again lemme put it too you this way

a powerlifter will bench 315 10 times at a weight of 185 when a bodybuilder at a weight of 210 will bench 315 1 time. but this has little do do with anything. its all how hard you bust your ass.

as for a wrestlers workout...uhh im not going there... (when will the hurting stop)

footballplaya90
08-22-2002, 11:01 AM
BFS is most bodybuilding? yeah ok. You use many olympic lifts, cleans, snatch, push press, etc. Ive been doing it and it has helped me tremendously with my lifts.

biggdave
08-22-2002, 01:18 PM
what BFS program are you on. they dont do push presses or snatches. 3 sets of 10 is bodybuilding not athletic training, and if it was a real strenght training program then for your core lifts you would be asked to do one rep maxes and then do your lifts with a certain precentage of that weight for a certain number of reps. BFS has no science to it.

Sinema
08-22-2002, 04:15 PM
I've actually used BFS - with small changes.. for several years.

Not sure how it works via sports but in Powerlifting it was popular.

My school from 97 and 98 were unstoppable in US Competitions.. We were featured in BFS ( Crappy Mag ) and Sports Illustrated.

With the right coach and the right tweaking.. BFS can actually work.

However, as of this year I'm dumping that program as in college it's worthless.. Now I'm searching for a new routine/program to help me grow in Track.

Side Note: BFS was designed for Nebraska Football program.. it's worthless if you want to play other sports..

Originally posted by warriorlifter21
i already made a renegade post just scroll down in this section.....also read understand the sand that is a type of renegade training

footballplaya90
08-22-2002, 05:58 PM
The BFS program i was on was not 3x10. It was 3x3 one week, 5x5 etc on all main lifts.

biggdave
08-22-2002, 06:11 PM
ya but every other lift besides the main one were 3x10

trojan_ruybal
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Ok guys listen everyone has a different opinion, but trust me this program is used in our school and there have been dramatic strngth and size gains in everyone I think this workout is great.

ftball58
06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
my school uses BFS and i think its fine.. it working for our althetes atleast

IronAbrams
06-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of loading beginners with 3x3 or round back SLDLs, but it's a hell of a lot better then most HS training programs.

victor_maximus
06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
as for a wrestlers workout...uhh im not going there... (when will the hurting stop)

Amen to that, though it's not a workout , more of a death warrant or the equivalent of selling your soul to the devil

cjdelaney
06-12-2008, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=dez/null;542513]im the prime example of what a athlete should look like

QUOTE]

awesome, good job.

heyits82
06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
i think the 3x10 etc is geared for muscle endurance. And i'm guessing you may need some muscle endurance in sports.
also alot of major d1 football programs use BFS or somethihng very similar to it. if im not mistaking USC does.

matt01621
06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
can all the people that think BFS is good pleese post your sport

football

aaaaa55555
06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
strong bump

linx11
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
have any of you guys who say the program is crap ever done it for a considerable amount of time? I've done everything from strongman training(including stone lifting), to all sorts of different kinds of sports lifting and BFS is one of the best programs i've done. (at least the version my school did)
It went like this

sets and reps for main lifts-
sets/reps/week
3/3/week1
5/5/week2
5/5,4,3,2,1/week3
3/10,8,6/week4
repeat...
note: for power cleans on week four the reps are 4x4,4,4,4-6

outline is-
MOnday:
Squat-
Bench-
Lunges 2x10
push press 2x5
stiff leg deadlift 2x10
abs-choice

Wednesday:
Powerclean-
Deadlift-
Dips 2x10
86ers 2 sets
Pullups 3x10(add weight if needed)
abs-choice

Friday:
Box squat or Front Squat-
Towel Bench-
Jamer 2x5
Leg curl 2x10
incline bench 2x10
tricep choice 2x10
abs-choice

I've seen super results with it for sure. It totally chewed me up and spit me out but I'm now a better athlete than I ever was. It took my deadlift from 275 to 345 and my powerclean to 170 to 205. I was running a 5.2 40yd dash last year and last saturday I ran a 4.8 and that's with the 15 lbs of muscle I've added.
oh, and I play football(d-end), I run track, and I've competed in a powerlifting meet.

If you have any questions about how it's so "not sport specific" or basically anything else about it i'd be glad to answer them

heyits82
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM
i think the 3x10 etc is geared for muscle endurance. And i'm guessing you may need some muscle endurance in sports.
also alot of major d1 football programs use BFS or somethihng very similar to it. if im not mistaking USC does.

also want to add that our school started using this then 2 years later completely turned our football program around and went to the playoffs for the first time in seven years. i realize this isn't all from the program but it certainly did play a role in it.

pvdude
06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
My school used BFS, its a great program.

ravensfan117
06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
We use it for football. I gained 15lbs of muscle and increased my bench by 50 my squat by 200, and my deadlift by 115. I also went from a 6.2 to a 5.7 40 all in about 5 months.

jgood
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
have any of you guys who say the program is crap ever done it for a considerable amount of time? I've done everything from strongman training(including stone lifting), to all sorts of different kinds of sports lifting and BFS is one of the best programs i've done. (at least the version my school did)
It went like this

sets and reps for main lifts-
sets/reps/week
3/3/week1
5/5/week2
5/5,4,3,2,1/week3
3/10,8,6/week4
repeat...
note: for power cleans on week four the reps are 4x4,4,4,4-6

outline is-
MOnday:
Squat-
Bench-
Lunges 2x10
push press 2x5
stiff leg deadlift 2x10
abs-choice

Wednesday:
Powerclean-
Deadlift-
Dips 2x10
86ers 2 sets
Pullups 3x10(add weight if needed)
abs-choice

Friday:
Box squat or Front Squat-
Towel Bench-
Jamer 2x5
Leg curl 2x10
incline bench 2x10
tricep choice 2x10
abs-choice

I've seen super results with it for sure. It totally chewed me up and spit me out but I'm now a better athlete than I ever was. It took my deadlift from 275 to 345 and my powerclean to 170 to 205. I was running a 5.2 40yd dash last year and last saturday I ran a 4.8 and that's with the 15 lbs of muscle I've added.
oh, and I play football(d-end), I run track, and I've competed in a powerlifting meet.

If you have any questions about how it's so "not sport specific" or basically anything else about it i'd be glad to answer them
I'm sure anybody who says its not would pick at the isolation movements even though they are assistant exercises to help your major lifts. I personally love workouts that include: powerclean, deadlift, bench and squat. I didn't play football but my school used that texas style where they did monday,wed and fri 3x10, 4x5, 5x3 of squat bench and clean ---- they were real bad though.

SecondSucks
06-12-2008, 08:25 PM
If anyone wants a free trial of the BFS Beat the Computer program check out their website and there sohuld be a 30 day free trial of it

http://biggerfasterstronger.com/details.asp?pID=421&category=0&subcategory=90&size=0&search=&page=

Rodzilla
06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
hmm does anyone have a sample program? Is this a 3 or 4 day split?

SecondSucks
06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Can be either. I know in highschool we did a 3 day split

Monday:
Bench
Squat
Aux.

Wed.:
Trap Bar DL
Power Clean
Aux

Friday:
Towel Bench
Box Squat
Aux.

The reps and sets for the compound lifts always change around but all the aux. ar 2x10 and normally we had 4-5 dif. aux. exercises.

Rodzilla
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Can be either. I know in highschool we did a 3 day split

Monday:
Bench
Squat
Aux.

Wed.:
Trap Bar DL
Power Clean
Aux

Friday:
Towel Bench
Box Squat
Aux.

The reps and sets for the compound lifts always change around but all the aux. ar 2x10 and normally we had 4-5 dif. aux. exercises.

thanks brah..I'm sure it's great for building strength, but I really hate limiting myself to 3 days. I like the WS4SB set up..I'm taking a break from traditional 'bodybuilding' splits and giving it a shot.

SecondSucks
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks brah..I'm sure it's great for building strength, but I really hate limiting myself to 3 days. I like the WS4SB set up..I'm taking a break from traditional 'bodybuilding' splits and giving it a shot.

On the 30 day trial link i posted u can set up a 4 day split if you want.

bassing68
06-12-2008, 09:14 PM
nice attitude, i guess, not but i think 110 lbs in 13 months isn't half bad. Maybe you should cut out your attitude just because someone doesn't agree with your OPINION doesn't mean you should get all ****ty.

I agree and this has been discussed many times. People come on here for advise and looking for help only to get discouraged and turn away for fear of unjustified negs and getting belittled.

were not saying that 110 pounds in 13 months isnt bad its just that being stronger in the bench means **** when your a linebacker and a 220 pound beast of a running back is coming right at you. BFS is far closer to a bb program then it is to athletic training program. It was made up by some ******* of a coach who thought he knew what he ws talking about. And one more thing, i went back to the old football coach and got the old program. I went from 190 pounds bodyweight with 23% bf and benching 135 5.2 40 yard dash to 155 with 5% benching 230 4.5 40 yard dash in 7 months.
But this is a body building site so that aspect has to be kept in mind.

BFS has worked great for me.....although I added a training day for arms because all we had was like 3 sets of bicurls..
This is the key. What works for me might not work for you and vise versa. People need to understand that.

I did BFS all through High School. Bench went from 180 to 315 in my 4 years, not to mention I ran the NFL Combine shuttle agility test in 4.09 at Central Michigan University. I was an option quarterback for football. All-State P/RF in baseball, State Qualifier in wrestling at 171 lbs, and played travel hockey until age 18.

The only weightlifting program I ever did in that time was the BFS program. You tellin me it's ****? Why don't ya kick me in the nuts cause that's about how it feels when you say sh*t like that!?!?! BFS made a man outta me.

- Fletch
This is another example of how we are all different. I'd like to see a link so I can judge it for myself.

im the prime example of what a athlete should look like

i dont have big biceps. my love handles are enlarged from heavy squatting.

but where i stand is i cant gain too much weight.

BFS was made mainly for mainstream sports a e baseball basketball football ect. ect. bodybuilding workouts work the muscles into enlargement. then again lemme put it too you this way

a powerlifter will bench 315 10 times at a weight of 185 when a bodybuilder at a weight of 210 will bench 315 1 time. but this has little do do with anything. its all how hard you bust your ass.

You got love handles from squats? Don't you mean from diet?

wrestler556
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Thomas Jefferson's football team who have been state champs many times us the BFS system

WrstleThenFtbal
05-22-2009, 08:27 PM
i'm gonna be pro-BFS on this one since our whole team has gotten better off of it.

- from end of freshmen year to end of soph year on all lifts -

bench - 180 to 265
squat - 225 to 400
deadlift - 405 to 435 (i stopped midway thru year)
pwrclean - 150 to 220

weight - 146 to 178 as of tonight

I also made some decent gains with BFS from freshman to sophmore year.
bench - 225 to 275
squat - 245 to 370
dead - 315 to 455
clean - 135 to 205

Granted I also lifted on my own and I lift extra and concentrate on stabalizing muscles and the like. I support BFS as a program to make lifting gains, whether or not it carrys over into athletics I can not say for sure.

Blitz n destroy
05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
What an epic bump...

My school use BFS for a year and then I revamped our program and our team blew up acrossed the board.

TarekNY
05-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Dude...google.

Kim Goss
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
dont post that crap in here....bigger-faster-stronger is a joke. It has basically zero carryover to athletic performance. jk67 you have sadly been taken down the wrong path. You need to look into renegade training for true athletic benefits

If you don't like the BFS program, fine. If you believe there is a better program for young athletes who play multiple sports, fine. And if you want to promote another commerical training program such as Renegade Training, I assume it's fine to do so on this forum. But to say that the BFS program has "zero carryover" to athletic performance -- well, that's a big harsh, especially considering that your renegade training programs appear to use many of the same exercises that BFS does.

If you have a specific question about the BFS program, I will be happy to try to answer it.

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS
Editor in Chief, BFS magazine

xxtwistedxx
02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
If you don't like the BFS program, fine. If you believe there is a better program for young athletes who play multiple sports, fine. And if you want to promote another commerical training program such as Renegade Training, I assume it's fine to do so on this forum. But to say that the BFS program has "zero carryover" to athletic performance -- well, that's a big harsh, especially considering that your renegade training programs appear to use many of the same exercises that BFS does.

If you have a specific question about the BFS program, I will be happy to try to answer it.

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

wow really? 8 month graveyard bump ftw.

toad1
02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
wow quad bump love it. 2002 2008 2009 2010

TheHitStick
02-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

Wtf? Get out of here, did you even bother to see how old the thread was?

jgood
02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Lol .. just to reaffirm the position of strength and conditioning .... what you do in the weight room is more general than specific. Obviously there are certain things that you have to do based on the sport training for ... but its still general.

SecondSucks
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Whats wrong with someone wanting to protect their program? i sure as hell wouldnt want someone bashing on something i took pride in. Doesnt matter if the threads old.

Kim Goss
02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
wow really? 8 month graveyard bump ftw.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Graveyard bump? No idea what this means.

FTW? For the win?

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

xxtwistedxx
02-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Graveyard bump? No idea what this means.

FTW? For the win?

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

graveyard bump - found a dead forum thread from way back when that i think most of us here forgot about, dug it up, then posted (bumped).

ftw- for the win (sarcasm in this sense)

welcome to teh interwebs :wave:

TheHitStick
02-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Whats wrong with someone wanting to protect their program? i sure as hell wouldnt want someone bashing on something i took pride in. Doesnt matter if the threads old.

Who are you?

Where do you come from?

Who signs up for a website just to bring back an old thread. The people arguing in here probably don't even post anymore. So there's no point.

Kim Goss
02-19-2010, 08:16 PM
graveyard bump - found a dead forum thread from way back when that i think most of us here forgot about, dug it up, then posted (bumped).

ftw- for the win (sarcasm in this sense)

welcome to teh interwebs :wave:

Thanks. For some reason, these comments came up first in a Internet search -- I guess I need to first look at the date before responding.

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

Kim Goss
02-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Who are you?

Where do you come from?

Who signs up for a website just to bring back an old thread. The people arguing in here probably don't even post anymore. So there's no point.

My name is Kim Goss. I am the editor in chief of BFS magazine, but my primary job is in Rhode Island working as an editor for Charles Poliquin.

The post was the the first one that came up on an Internet search. Our staff frequently forwards messages such as this one and we try to see if we can engage in a conversation with this people about misconceptions they have about BFS. What I didn't see was the date of the message -- I thought it was current.

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

SecondSucks
02-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Who are you?

Where do you come from?

Did you not see the join date? 2006

TheBodyGenie
02-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Haven't seen any program like this. Hope you could share us if you found one. :)

HDavidsonOline
02-25-2010, 06:17 PM
from what ive heard my school does this program but i think my coach tweaked it abit....the main lifts we do are flat back bench incline bench squats hang cleans trap bar deadlifts push press and lunges i think its works well infact my football team is a bunch of small white kids but we win state championships b.c. we do alot more lifting and harder training than other private schools in cinci and cleveland which are the usuall powerhouses

xxtwistedxx
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
from what ive heard my school does this program but i think my coach tweaked it abit....the main lifts we do are flat back bench incline bench squats hang cleans trap bar deadlifts push press and lunges i think its works well infact my football team is a bunch of small white kids but we win state championships b.c. we do alot more lifting and harder training than other private schools in cinci and cleveland which are the usuall powerhouses

99% of the time theyre better cuz they recruit...heavily. our running back got a letter from one of them, wont say who, and burned it. i love beatin on those schools as well.

dolphinsfan270
02-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Thank you,

Kim Goss, MS

Gtfo of here! Bfs has no carryover at all to sports. If you want a good program follow joe defranco.

xxtwistedxx
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Gtfo of here! Bfs has no carryover at all to sports. If you want a good program follow joe defranco.

gotta resist....try... ah dammit....

dude get real. theres more to life than joe. i used bfs for two years in highschool since we had nothing better and no coach and the gains in strength and ability were much greater than that if we were on our own. plus its a very simple program. took 5 minutes to explain and we were on our way. is there better programs? sure. are there worse? definitly.

mwhetstone48
03-28-2010, 12:48 PM

I gotta say that, for all the people bashing on BFS, they must of been poorly coached, i have a B.S. in Exercise Science and i'm certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and if the BFS is implemented correctly it can be an extremely beneficial program.. the key is the Proper Form, Intensity, and Auxiliary Lifts, and ya there probably could be a few tweeks on the sets/reps but if done right, an athlete can become stronger, more powerful and faster... it all goes back to who is coaching or training the athletes... the bfs sucked at my high school when i went there, but if i had a chance to implement it to high school athletes it would work, because my coaches didn't have a clue about what lifting/training was...

methomas86
05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
what BFS program are you on. they dont do push presses or snatches. 3 sets of 10 is bodybuilding not athletic training, and if it was a real strenght training program then for your core lifts you would be asked to do one rep maxes and then do your lifts with a certain precentage of that weight for a certain number of reps. BFS has no science to it.

BFS does offer snatches and push presses as aux lifts and any coach who is implementing the program should use them. I have coached football for the past 7 years and have played since I was 8 years old and think the program is great.

methomas86
05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I think that BFS is a great program and should be implemented in more schools. As a football coach I think that BFS allows our kids to add size and strength without getting bulky or stiff. I am not saying that anyone who uses this program will be an outstanding player, but this program will help you to maximize the god given talent that you have. Again I think that individuals due to genetic differences may benefit from other programs, but as a coach this is a great one size fits most approach. I have seen average players become exceptional using this (I have also seen a whole lot of wins due to the team approach built in the program). Thank you for reading!

MC1590
09-02-2010, 11:37 PM
yeah so i did bfs in high school. here is my gains and you be the judge on whether or not it is good or not. goes from start of freshman year to start of senior year.
squat 135>555
bench 155>305
powerclean 115>340 (new school record)
deadlift 200>625 (new school record)

niharikaseth
09-03-2010, 07:16 AM
wow is nice to know that not just people in my old school thought BFS wias a F*CKING joke. The school board bought the progam and the coaches we told to use it, and out intire program turned to ****.

really nice

jdman84
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
To the people complaining about it being an old thread, why do u keep posting on it? I was just doing research when i found this thread and decided to read it. Then i became drawn into the drama, which is my fault. I have done a version of this program, but i cant remember what it was. As every true fitness enthusiast knows, every program effects every person differently. A few things that effect any program is diet, body type, sleep, genetics, energy/drive/push, and so on. So to say the program is worthless is pretty rude. When i got out of just endurance training into weight/strength training the 1st program i did was more of a leaning program, but i actually saw changes in size, strength, endurance and weight. Meaning it was something new to my body, muscle confusion. So i was forcing it to change. Look at all professional body builders, each of them has a different program w/ different results. There is no "golden rule" to training other than TRAIN!!! Push yourself and results will happen. Thanks for reading and posting comments

studlete
10-16-2011, 07:34 AM

Bigger Faster Stronger works for deconditioned athletes... that means teenagers and people who never lifted before... It's a simple program that just keeps you following a simple progression... but if your a teenager anything you do will get your stronger... if your out of shape and start back doing anything you will get stronger...

There are better programs, but the best thing you can do as an athlete is get a personalized program made by a professional. Here you can workout with them to develop more on your weaknesses.

www.strengthathletes.com