PDA

View Full Version : Woken up in the night: Should I eat?

Goosey
06-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Whenever I get awaken in the middle of my sleep (early morning phone call etc.) my body becomes awake and I start feeling hungry. I usually try to sleep through it, but would it be better to simply get up, eat some cottage cheese and head straight back into bed?

creed428
06-05-2005, 05:33 PM
hey man if it will help you sleep and you got room for it in your diet i say go for it

flexmuscles2003
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Are you trying to gain weight or what, if you are than I would say yes eat.

irishbuilder
06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
cottage cheese or milk for sure

no carbs.

BackInTheJox
06-05-2005, 09:10 PM
cottage cheese or milk for sure

no carbs.

Technically, both of these contain carbs.

Goosey
06-05-2005, 09:21 PM
I guess I'm trying to strike a balance. On the one hand, I am worried about muscle catabolism and think it's probably a good idea to get some milk or cottage cheese since I've been woken up and my body's metabolism and stress level is going up. On the other hand, I am worried that getting up from bed to get food would wake me up even more than if I had stayed in bed and waited for my body to go back into sleep mode.

taffer
06-05-2005, 11:02 PM
difference this will make to your results... maybe 1lb of extra muscle over say 10 years
seriously, keep your protein intake good throughout the day, and dont worry about you shriveling into a skeleton at night, eat lots of good casein protein (dairy!) dont live off whey and you will be right

melon
06-06-2005, 01:14 AM
difference this will make to your results... maybe 1lb of extra muscle over say 10 years
seriously, keep your protein intake good throughout the day, and dont worry about you shriveling into a skeleton at night, eat lots of good casein protein (dairy!) dont live off whey and you will be right

Yeah I'd say a good nights sleep has many more benefits than eating in the middle of the night. Just man up and go back to sleep.

Goosey
06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Alright thanks. Unfortunately, I'm constantly woken up in the middle of the night by phone calls from my long-distance gf.

BackInTheJox
06-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Alright thanks. Unfortunately, I'm constantly woken up in the middle of the night by phone calls from my long-distance gf.

I suppose there are worse things to wake up to.

Normy0813
06-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I dissagree with these guys...if you are up, why not grab some cottage cheese or a shake or something, especially if you don't have long lasting protein before you sleep (casein). It shouldn't make much difference in the way of fat gain because it will just get your metabolism jump started again and it will burn it off no problem. This will also eliminate alot of the catabolism you body goes through during the night. It can;t hurt, trust me.

melon
06-07-2005, 01:18 AM

Tell her to be more considerate when she phones you then, as you need your sleep.

ilovemawnie
06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
if this happens to me i grab a cup of milk. makes me feel better, even if it doesnt matter. and tell your gf to call you during the ****in day like normal people.

dkc62
06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I've always drank a quick shake with water.