PDA

View Full Version : Lower carbs on non lifting days?

newbie7
06-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Im bulking and on lifting days i eat 290 grams of protein, 280 carbs, 45 grams of fat. On non lifting days i eat 220 grams of protein, 240 carbs, 35 grams of fat. I was wondering if i should lower the carbs on my non lifting days and higher the protein?

CrackAddictX03
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
your caloric totals on NON LIFTING days should be 150 less than on Workout Days. That is The LOWEST you should go. Your body is repairing and needs as much nourishment as possible. If u are uncomfortable, go 150 less than on lifting days - just to compensate for not exercising. If u are doing cardio on OFF days, keep calories exactly the same if not higher.

If u want less carbs on non lifting days, u have to higher the protein and fats in order to keep the calories the same or 150 less than on lifting days.

take care

newbie7
06-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Alright thanks, i noticed that your name says you were aneroxic for 7 months, i was anorexic also for about 5 months, went from 235 lbs to 134. Now im up to 153

Haywood Jablome
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Alright thanks, i noticed that your name says you were aneroxic for 7 months, i was anorexic also for about 5 months, went from 235 lbs to 134. Now im up to 153

Ya, since you are bulking, dont lower your cals on your off days too much, if at all. But as you suggested you could proportionately increase pro and decrease carbs if you want.

rockstarsar
06-04-2005, 02:55 PM
We ought to start a club. I was somewhat anorexic (severely restricted food intake but never went below 900-1100 calories) for about a year. Went down to 81 lbs at 5'2". Good to see you guys bulking up, I am doing the same.

Buckeye(OH)
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
This is interesting, I have never heard of guys being anorexic.

Obviously, Im sure it happens, but Ive just never actually heard a male say that.

rockstarsar
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Obviously, Im sure it happens, but Ive just never actually heard a male say that.

I'm FEMALE.

Sixpack
06-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Its more common then you think man hell read the eating disorder thread up top.

RipStone
06-05-2005, 04:50 PM

It is pretty common nowadays with the media pushing the "perfect body" everywhere you look guys feel a lot of pressure to look good. I can attest to this cus that is basiclly what influenced me to start BBIng and get in shape. At one point, I was polly anorexic but thanks god I found this site and learned that nutrition plays such a big role in BBIng.

Sixpack
06-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Word I prob was also and I will admit it to problems here. I was down to 134 in college taking in less then 2k cals per day and lifting and running ED .

It is pretty common nowadays with the media pushing the "perfect body" everywhere you look guys feel a lot of pressure to look good. I can attest to this cus that is basiclly what influenced me to start BBIng and get in shape. At one point, I was polly anorexic but thanks god I found this site and learned that nutrition plays such a big role in BBIng.

cobain67
06-05-2005, 08:04 PM

....no comment :(

MattM
06-05-2005, 09:10 PM
heh, i wanna join the former anorexic club. :) i went down to 138 at 6'1" im back up to 145.. trying to get my weight up.