PDA

View Full Version : Cubs lose! Cubs lose!

The Prime Nip
10-06-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL! Swept by the Dbacks 3-0! LOL @ Cubs fans. They will never win a world series. (yes Cardinals fan)

crazykid46
10-06-2007, 08:52 PM
99 Years now.

They won't win next year anyway. Summer Olympics means Florida will win with the wildcard.

WishmasterATM
10-07-2007, 08:53 AM
I seriously dont understand, how the fans can stand this man..If I was a cubs fan I would have had a change of heart along time ago..these guys are unbelievable man, I tell you...4 DP yesterday..damnn... well I'm a redsox fan,so..anyways...I was looking fwd a redsox cubs final, but hmm..god knows how much we should wait to see that.../

BPP
10-07-2007, 08:57 AM
LOL! Swept by the Dbacks 3-0! LOL @ Cubs fans. They will never win a world series. (yes Cardinals fan)

cubs and cardinals played 16 times this year

cubs won 11

cubs won the division, you failed to make the playoffs

your teams new hero of the season was linked to HGH and sucked after that

/thread

ChicagoCubz
10-07-2007, 09:37 AM

cubs won 11

/thread

Exactly. I'm so ****ing tired of these Cards and Brewers fans bashing the Cubs...

K.Sports
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Exactly. I'm so ****ing tired of these Cards and Brewers fans bashing the Cubs...

x2, the brewers blew the lead multiple times this year and the cardinals couldn't capitalize on an opportunity to take first. I'm just happy the cubs had the season they did after having a 66-96 record

Rootoo
10-07-2007, 09:44 AM
As a Sox fan.

YAYYY!!!

BPP
10-07-2007, 10:00 AM
As a Sox fan.

YAYYY!!!

care to start onto how the cubs-sox series went?

or how your season went?

jwdjrs
10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
My Reds suck every year :o

adamci1
10-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I seriously dont understand, how the fans can stand this man..If I was a cubs fan I would have had a change of heart along time ago..these guys are unbelievable man, I tell you...4 DP yesterday..damnn... well I'm a redsox fan,so..anyways...I was looking fwd a redsox cubs final, but hmm..god knows how much we should wait to see that.../
the same way that bo sox fans were able to stand it during their world series drought, ya learn to deal with it. Builds character...and when we do win the world series (2008?) it will be the biggest sports celebration ever.

sammy21
10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
the same way that bo sox fans were able to stand it during their world series drought, ya learn to deal with it. Builds character...and when we do win the world series (2008?) it will be the biggest sports celebration ever.

2004?

VegasBabyVegas
10-07-2007, 10:55 AM

or how your season went?

Ok... now, I've been a pretty nice white sox fan this year. I feel legitimately bad for my Cub fan friends and am not taking the perverse joy I usually would in their loss.

But...

How can you talk **** to sox fans? Seriously...

We won the world series in 2005

Typical Cubs fan response:
"Yeah but that was two years ago"

So what?!?!?

Cubs fans would KILL to have won a world series two years ago.

I don't care what the season series was. I don't care if we were terrible. I don't care if you made the playoffs.

Do you have pictures in front of the world series trophy? Do you have world series DVDs? Do you have shirts that says "Chicago Cubs- World Series Champions"?

No?

Then don't talk **** to Sox fans. You've lost that right until your pathetic little franchise actually wins something.

BPP
10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok... now, I've been a pretty nice white sox fan this year. I feel legitimately bad for my Cub fan friends and am not taking the perverse joy I usually would in their loss.

But...

How can you talk **** to sox fans? Seriously...

We won the world series in 2005

Typical Cubs fan response:
"Yeah but that was two years ago"

So what?!?!?

Cubs fans would KILL to have won a world series two years ago.

I don't care what the season series was. I don't care if we were terrible. I don't care if you made the playoffs.

Do you have pictures in front of the world series trophy? Do you have world series DVDs? Do you have shirts that says "Chicago Cubs- World Series Champions"?

No?

Then don't talk **** to Sox fans. You've lost that right until your pathetic little franchise actually wins something.

ah, living on the accomplishments of yesterday

just like the 28 year old bald, fat guy at the 10 year high school reunion
still wearing the letterman's jacket and state championship ring

btw, I didn't start in on the sox...your fellow sox fan came in to rub it in.

VegasBabyVegas
10-07-2007, 11:15 AM
ah, living on the accomplishments of yesterday

just like the 28 year old bald, fat guy at the 10 year high school reunion
still wearing the letterman's jacket and state championship ring

btw, I didn't start in on the sox...your fellow sox fan came in to rub it in.

I realize you didn't start in. Never said you did.

and give me a break about the "living on the accomplishments of yesterday" thing. It would be one thing if I was saying "oh, the sox shouldn't care about their awful season because we won in 2005"

Not so. I'm disgusted with them.

But ask Red Sox fans about 2004... one championship is worth a lifetime. And you know just as well as I do that Cubs fans would love to be able to say they won the world series within the last few years. Hell, within the last 100 years.

God forbid if they every actually win it and end their 100 years of futility. We'll hear about it for another century.

wsuwarrior
10-07-2007, 11:18 AM

cubs won 11

/thread

Cardinals also won more World Series' last season than the Cubs have in 99 years. I wouldnt brag too much about making the playoffs to a team who just won the World Series.

papi93
10-07-2007, 11:18 AM

Live very close to Milwaukee so the Brewers are my team. Never bashed the Cubs but I knew that they would be sweep from the playoffs. The Brewers and Cubs were very average teams in a horrible division.

CEO Alex
10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Such a sad day yesterday. :(

(yes admitting to a rediculous series with the DBacks that is COMPLETELy embarrassing)

(yes HUUUUUGGGEEEEE http://www.mychicagoconnection.com/images/cubs.gif fan)

(see depressing myspace... http://www.myspace.com/akaceoalex) <---will shortly be removed :(

:(

ChicagoCubz
10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Cardinals also won more World Series' last season than the Cubs have in 99 years. I wouldnt brag too much about making the playoffs to a team who just won the World Series.

Who cares what they did last year? This isn't last year. If the Cards are as superior to the Cubs as you make them out to be they wouldn't have went 5-11 against them.

And they won more than one World Series last year?
Wow, they are good....

damian001
10-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Just wait till October 2015 (yes Back to the Future fan)

The Prime Nip
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Who cares what they did last year? This isn't last year. If the Cards are as superior to the Cubs as you make them out to be they wouldn't have went 5-11 against them.

And they won more than one World Series last year?
Wow, they are good....

World Series titles for the Cardinals = 10

World Series titles for the Cubs = Goose egg

Also, the experience of my team winning the World Series last year was amazing. Downtown was rockin', and the ensuing parade and celebration had downtown filled with Cardinal red. It was unbelievable. Don't you know? Oh yeah, the Cubs have never won a World Series. My bad. LOL!

K.Sports
10-07-2007, 12:40 PM
World Series titles for the Cardinals = 10

World Series titles for the Cubs = Goose egg

Also, the experience of my team winning the World Series last year was amazing. Downtown was rockin', and the ensuing parade and celebration had downtown filled with Cardinal red. It was unbelievable. Don't you know? Oh yeah, the Cubs have never won a World Series. My bad. LOL!

thats all good, but if the cardinals are so talented, how come they weren't even in the race for the worst division in the MLB?

R-bean
10-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I was rooting for the Cubbies, but they weren't that great this year anyway - very inconsistent. They only got into the playoffs because their division sucked. Any other division and they would have finished at least 5 games back.

adamci1
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Don't you know? Oh yeah, the Cubs have never won a World Series. My bad. LOL!

Uh yes we have. Do you follow sports at all? Why do you think people keep saying its a 99 yr drought?

Cubs Championships:
1876: 1st NL Championship in baseball pre-world series(White Stockings)
1880: NL Championship pre-world series(White Stockings)
1881: NL Championship pre-world series(White Stockings)
1882: NL Championship pre-world series(White Stockings)
1885: Split 1st world series w/ American Association Champ (White Stockings)
1907: World Series Champs (Cubs)
1908: World Series Champs (Cubs)

damian001
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Guys, the Cubs are going to win it in 8 years. Haven't any of you guys seen Back to the Future II?

wsuwarrior
10-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Cheer up Cubs fans...at least the Bears are having a goo..........nevermind.

jsheppard1
10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Just wait till October 2015 (yes Back to the Future fan)

"I wish I could go back in time....put some money on the Cubies!"

classic

USAviator
10-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Im an ASTROS fan

=)

=(

MoonMan12
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM

or how your season went?

How'd you like that season finale?

jcilla26
10-07-2007, 04:35 PM

or how your season went?

so we have one bad season. the only reason the cubs made it into the playoffs is because there division is so terrible. the cubs didnt deserve to make the playoffs and it showed.

buffnab
10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
i guess all the other teams that got swept this year, angels and soon to be yankees didnt deserve to be in the playoffs???
hmm...strong cubs haters

jcilla26
10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
i guess all the other teams that got swept this year, angels and soon to be yankees didnt deserve to be in the playoffs???
hmm...strong cubs haters

the cubs ended up with 85 wins. the yankees and angels deserved to be in the playoffs with 94 wins each.

buffnab
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
NL central has more teams which means more competition...dude everyone knows that those teams will be lucky to break 90 wins.
(scratch that yankee sweep, the indians just blew this game)

jcilla26
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
more competition from more terrible teams. if the cubs were in any other division in baseball they would have never made it to the playoffs