PDA

View Full Version : stocking up on protein

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 05:21 PM
so i'm looking to stock up on protein this month, some whey, casein, and maybe isolate. i have a bit of store credit to use, and there isn't much i really need. i have a creatine, multi, and protein at home. i'm planning to get animal flex (31 day sale) and some fish oil.

apart from that i want to stock up and get good protein to keep my house supplied. right now me, my older bro, and dad all use protein and the stuff is getting expensive, so i might as well put my store credit to use.

for now the only proteins i am looking to get are BSN Syntha-6, Next RX-98, Primaforce Substance.
i'm basically looking for proteins with good cost per serving (preferably in less than a 5lb tub). any suggestions on other brands or even diff supplements?

also, i noticed this one is in the 31 day sale for $25:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/est/anaproblend.html
just wondering if its safe to take or not? i know test-boosters are not a help at my age, but was just curious if it actually does something or would it not be worth risking?

thanks

Skull Crusher Chris
10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
just wondering if its safe to take or not? i know test-boosters are not a help at my age, but was just curious if it actually does something or would it not be worth risking?

thanks

That's a PH, DO NOT take it.

Look into Ultra Peptide, Pro V60 and Protein Component for blends.

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 06:27 PM
That's a PH, DO NOT take it.

Look into Ultra Peptide, Pro V60 and Protein Component for blends.

yeah thanks, was just checking to make sure, i know about avoiding them, this one was a little sketchy and my bro wanted to try it too. thanks for the heads up and for those blends, i'll take a look at 'em

xquick
10-06-2007, 06:49 PM
if you're worried about money you can prob get a more affordable blend than syntha-6, although that stuff tastes amazing. Not sure on the exact price comparison, but look into ultra peptide, high quality (could be more expensive per serving though), substance will be good cause its been discontinued so you can prob find it cheap. ON 100% casein isn't too expensive. VPX ZeroImpact is also good, as well as Labrada ProV60

pokerhard16
10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
so i'm looking to stock up on protein this month, some whey, casein, and maybe isolate. i have a bit of store credit to use, and there isn't much i really need. i have a creatine, multi, and protein at home. i'm planning to get animal flex (31 day sale) and some fish oil.

apart from that i want to stock up and get good protein to keep my house supplied. right now me, my older bro, and dad all use protein and the stuff is getting expensive, so i might as well put my store credit to use.

for now the only proteins i am looking to get are BSN Syntha-6, Next RX-98, Primaforce Substance.
i'm basically looking for proteins with good cost per serving (preferably in less than a 5lb tub). any suggestions on other brands or even diff supplements?

thanks

Champion nutrition has 5lb tubs for a great price.The banana scream is spot on.If you like banana its a great buy.

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 06:59 PM
if you're worried about money you can prob get a more affordable blend than syntha-6, although that stuff tastes amazing. Not sure on the exact price comparison, but look into ultra peptide, high quality (could be more expensive per serving though), substance will be good cause its been discontinued so you can prob find it cheap. ON 100% casein isn't too expensive. VPX ZeroImpact is also good, as well as Labrada ProV60

thnx, i'll take a look at some of those brands. i actually found that syntha-6 is a decent price compared to other blends, most had the same price tag but less servings

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
i have a question about primaforce substance WPI if anyone can answer
i was just reading through its description and it says

Loaded with BCAAs & Glutamine to help build powerful, lean muscle

does anyone know the values or how much of BCAAs and glutamine is in each serving?

rizzog466
10-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Actually I am logging the Ana-Pro right now and I was concerned about the whole PH thing in the protein but Steve told me the only part in the protein itself is the AI part of the prop so technically its not PH

Skull Crusher Chris
10-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually I am logging the Ana-Pro right now and I was concerned about the whole PH thing in the protein but Steve told me the only part in the protein itself is the AI part of the prop so technically its not PH

Even so he is still 16 and should not use it.

rizzog466
10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Even so he is still 16 and should not use it.

True I agree with you, just clearing it up for anyone over 21!! :cool:

Xc
10-06-2007, 07:15 PM

thanks

Wow Reps, I completely looked over that :D

cxm
10-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Yes trust the rep, since he is not biased. Protein supplements should not have that crap in it.

Xc
10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes trust the rep, since he is not biased. Protein supplements should not have that crap in it.

That's not realy a bias statement. Him saying "ANAPRO is better than any other protien powder, bro", is bias.

cxm
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
i have a question about primaforce substance WPI if anyone can answer
i was just reading through its description and it says

does anyone know the values or how much of BCAAs and glutamine is in each serving?

Run a search on google with this 30 lbs Milk & Egg protein universal , on the third page, the last link, you can get this for 120 bucks. Decent quality of 30 pounds calcium casein and egg white protein from a company that you can trust.

Skull Crusher Chris
10-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Run a search on google with this 30 lbs Milk & Egg protein universal , on the third page, the last link, you can get this for 120 bucks. Decent quality of 30 pounds calcium casein and egg white protein from a company that you can trust.

Good stuff:cool:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2685/img0400qr9.jpg

cxm
10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes it's the sexiest protein I have ever seen ^^^^^^^^^^! :D I have it as well, finally. :)

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i'll try repping you all

Veeshmack
10-06-2007, 07:44 PM
so i was just looking at ErgoPharm GF Pro
it says a bunch of things about growth factors, but says nothing about them on the profile. so is this still just a safe WPI for my age? if it is, whats a good flavor?

pu12en12g
10-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Blend:
SAN Infusion...hands down

Isolate:
I just picked up 50lbs Isobolic Raspberry / Cinnamon for $400 w free shipping :p

cal62887
10-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Blend:
SAN Infusion...hands down

Isolate:
I just picked up 50lbs Isobolic Raspberry for $400 w free shipping :p

Wasn't it you who posted up that pic of all the I-pro? How much protein are you hoarding? Whey prices aren't going up due to gas and milk...it's because PU is getting greedy :)

J/K...wish i could dish that kinda cash out for bulk supplies like that

pu12en12g
10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Wasn't it you who posted up that pic of all the I-pro? How much protein are you hoarding? Whey prices aren't going up due to gas and milk...it's because PU is getting greedy :)

J/K...wish i could dish that kinda cash out for bulk supplies like that

LMAO my protein goes fast because my clients get free goodies during the 6 months I train them (always give them the good tasting stuff). After 6 months, I no longer charge them any fees, but also no more free goodies ;)

The Isobolic is mainly for ME... my long term plan is to use it as a flavoring system:

1-2 scoops NOW ISOLATE (from 10lb bags)
1 scoop ISOBOLIC (from 5lb tubs)

(this works out to actually be cheaper than chicken)

cal62887
10-06-2007, 11:16 PM
LMAO my protein goes fast because my clients get free goodies during the 6 months I train them (always give them the good tasting stuff). After 6 months, I no longer charge them any fees, but also no more free goodies ;)
shoot, sign me up!!
The Isobolic is mainly for ME... my long term plan is to use it as a flavoring system:

1-2 scoops NOW ISOLATE (from 10lb bags)
1 scoop ISOBOLIC (from 5lb tubs)

(this works out to actually be cheaper than chicken) but can you barbeque WPI?....didn't think so. That's quite the system you've got figured out tho. I'll have to devise something similar but on a lesser scale

Thanks for the Idea

pu12en12g
10-06-2007, 11:19 PM
but can you barbeque WPI?

:D :p

zune
10-06-2007, 11:46 PM

is it for night time or when waking up and post workout? alos how does it taste?

Skull Crusher Chris
10-07-2007, 03:02 AM
is it for night time or when waking up and post workout? alos how does it taste?

You can use it whenever you want. It's Milk and Egg Protein. Tastes good IMO.

Veeshmack
10-07-2007, 07:44 AM
does anybody have any comments on ISS Research Micellar Matrix (primarily the banana flavor)??

rizzog466
10-07-2007, 09:26 AM

Don't quite get what you're saying but I am def not biased. I was stating a fact and I actually agreed with CB about the OP not taking it if you would have read my next post.

Skull Crusher Chris
10-07-2007, 09:35 AM
does anybody have any comments on ISS Research Micellar Matrix (primarily the banana flavor)??

Haven't tried that banana but the others are good. Good blend IMO.

Veeshmack
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Haven't tried that banana but the others are good. Good blend IMO.

thanks, i'm probably going to get the banana, i'm not a big fan of vanilla flavors and i've been using chocolate flavors for almost 2 years now

MickMars
10-07-2007, 10:14 AM
You can use it whenever you want. It's Milk and Egg Protein. Tastes good IMO.

errr... I gotta disagree here. Though I'm a Universal/Animal junkie, milk and egg protein has an awkward taste to it. I normally add half a scoop of ONS extreme milk chocolate into it to balance out the taste.

Skull Crusher Chris
10-07-2007, 10:18 AM
errr... I gotta disagree here. Though I'm a Universal/Animal junkie, milk and egg protein has an awkward taste to it. I normally add half a scoop of ONS extreme milk chocolate into it to balance out the taste.

Taste is very subjective, that's why I added the "IMO":)

nacoo
10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Can I snort this? lol

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2685/img0400qr9.jpg[/QUOTE]

weissistschoen
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
t.rueprotein.com

pre mix

or

custom mix available

A great source

Sohan
10-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Taste is very subjective, that's why I added the "IMO":)

Where did you get this from!! I'm looking everywhere :P

How much did it cost too?

Horse86
10-07-2007, 12:59 PM

This is coming up at $176 for 30lb's me?? Are you using a coupon code? Also isn't whey isolate a better quality protein?

cxm
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This is coming up at $176 for 30lb's me?? Are you using a coupon code? Also isn't whey isolate a better quality protein?

Sorry I ordered about a month ago and I guess they raised the price, it cost me 120 and 22.95 bucks for shipping so it came out to 143 bucks total.

Veeshmack
10-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Sorry I ordered about a month ago and I guess they raised the price, it cost me 120 and 22.95 bucks for shipping so it came out to 143 bucks total.

either way thats a killer deal. shipping would be a beast for me because i'm in canada

Skull Crusher Chris
10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Where did you get this from!! I'm looking everywhere :P

How much did it cost too?

Sorry.......

Veeshmack
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
another question...
since i have a little extra to spend, i was just wondering if either of these are safe for my age/size
Chromium Picolinate
CLA.

in addition to the protein i will be ordering some fish oil and NOW omega 3-6-9

Horse86
10-07-2007, 07:53 PM

I'm looking around and have so far seen it for ~150 shipped for 30lb. (edit: nevermind is out of stock :( )

BUT....isn't whey protein isolate better than this egg/milk protein?? I have been using ON which has a nice amino acid blend in it. This egg/milk brand does not seem to have any extras.

pu12en12g
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
BUT....isn't whey protein isolate better than this egg/milk protein??

Last time I checked, eggs were still cheap... if that helps :)

cxm
10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
....isn't whey protein isolate better than this egg/milk protein??

No, egg/milk protein is superior to whey.

I have been using ON which has a nice amino acid blend in it. This egg/milk brand does not seem to have any extras.

what kind of extras are you looking for? The egg/casein has a better amino acid blend, since it's two different proteins and different digestion rates.

DoubleWide
10-08-2007, 04:42 AM
My simplistic breakdown
whey - quick absorption for post workout
whey isolate - like whey but without the lactose
casein - slower absorption for hunger or bedtime

Horse86
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Not having much luck finding many places that sell the 30lb egg/milk protein and with a really good price. Wherever you guys are getting yours, can someone PM me w/ some links. Thanks

naturalguy
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
t.rueprotein.com

pre mix

or

custom mix available

A great source

Good choice ^^^^^^^^^

Veeshmack
10-09-2007, 03:48 PM
t.rueprotein.com

pre mix

or

custom mix available

A great source

Good choice ^^^^^^^^^

didnt actually check that out til now. looks really good, just depends what shipping will turn out as

naturalguy
10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
didnt actually check that out til now. looks really good, just depends what shipping will turn out as

I believe there is a TP canada

Veeshmack
10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I believe there is a TP canada

awesome, i'll just google it, i liked those prices i saw

edit. turns out they combined into one site

SurfOnSilver
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Whey Protein Isolates - Tons to choose from. You could go with the always-popular Optimum Nutrition Whey, or do a search and find 50+ other brands who produce similar/better products cheaper. Very easy to find a good WPI product (especially using the search function).

Protein Blend - A few good ones I'll recommend:

DYA Propeptide
Ultra Peptide (2.0 when it's available)
Micellar Matrix

Pure casein products - Only one in the US I know of is ON's Casein, aparently tastes like crap. Having said that, most pure Micellar Casein products taste like ass.

MattyH7688
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM

thanks
i knew this would eventually happen :(

Skull Crusher Chris
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
i knew this would eventually happen :(

Yeah, I saw that and made sure that he knew what it was. No doubt this is going to happen often especially with that sale now.

Veeshmack
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I saw that and made sure that he knew what it was. No doubt this is going to happen often especially with that sale now.

yeah, thanks again. i was just planning to get it because i was loading up the protein. i just wasn't 100% sure if it was test booster aswell, i know not to mess with those :D

Skull Crusher Chris
10-09-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah, thanks again. i was just planning to get it because i was loading up the protein. i just wasn't 100% sure if it was test booster aswell, i know not to mess with those :D

No worries man, not blaming you at all. Glad you are aware now though. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Veeshmack
10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
actually i do have another q
the Fruit Blast Isolate (4ever fit) thats going on sale last day of the 31day, do you know if it would be this one:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/fruit.html
or one of the other 4ever fit proteins?

Skull Crusher Chris
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
actually i do have another q
the Fruit Blast Isolate (4ever fit) thats going on sale last day of the 31day, do you know if it would be this one:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/fruit.html
or one of the other 4ever fit proteins?

Yeah I actually just got some of those a while back. Very good, I like the Lemon Ice Tea and Mango alot. I hear the razz is good but have not tried that yet.

Veeshmack
10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah I actually just got some of those a while back. Very good, I like the Lemon Ice Tea and Mango alot. I hear the razz is good but have not tried that yet.

sounds good
i think thats when i'll spend my store credit so i can also get some of that protein cheap and just have one giant order come in :D
lemon ice tea is on backorder right now anyway

thnx again, i'd rep you, but i gotta spread it around first