PDA

View Full Version : Will rice last?

percent20
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Basically I don't have access to a fridge for the first 4 hours of the day. So will cooked rice that, i cooked the night before, still be good if it is in a tupperware container after being out of the fridge for 4 hours. I mean i don't want to get sick or anything.

RipStone
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I think it would be fine as long as its not in a real hot area. I often pack a tupperware of brown rice and chicken and keep it in my backpack for a few hours and I have been fine eating it.

jamieo
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Most likely it will be ok.

However, you can find many different insulated lunch bags/coolers with these reusable "freezable" inserts that will keep things cool for quite a while. You can pick one up at pretty much any department store (Target, etc) or in a store that sells hiking/camping equipment. They are also fairly inexpensive. Try to find one of them and you should not have to worry about not having access to a refrigerator for a few hours each day.

percent20
06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
OK, cool that is what i was thinking. Just needed some more opinions than just mine i tend to be wrong somtimes. Thank you both.

collegeHULK
06-01-2005, 04:52 PM
i will cook a giant container of rice and eat on it for like 3 days... Sometimes I even leave for a weekend and eat week old rice.. no big deal as long as its sealed in the fridge