PDA

View Full Version : Can you save egg whites for later?

Uriel_da_man
06-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm still sort of learning my way around the kitchen, and I have one thing that's giving me some trouble: I don't have much time for breakfast since I have to go to school pretty early, so spending a lot of time separating the yolks from the whites isn't my best bet (yes, I eat yolks too, but I'm not eating half a dozen or more yolks a day, that's almost like asking for a heart attack or something). Can I separate them on the previous night (that's like 10 hours in the fridge), or will they go "bad" (damn, don't remember the right word, ya'll know what I mean)?

2BShredded
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Buy your egg whites in a container. I use Papetti's 100% egg whites. They last seven days after being opened. A lot easier than seperating the yolks. Or you could boil your eggs in advance and just eat the whites.

Uriel_da_man
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, the thing is, my aunt has a small farm, so I get plenty of free eggs :D That's why it's better for me to just separate them yolks from the whites (and my mom keeps the yolks for cakes and stuff, it's a win-win situation!).

MagicPunt
06-01-2005, 02:25 PM
10 hours in a sealed container overnite in the fridge should be fine (make sure its sealed in tupperware or wut not)