PDA

View Full Version : Cutting/Creatine/ECA

Chuke
06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
I know that some of you guys use creatine while cutting and say it works fine.

I have never used it, but am wanting to try it to see if I respond.

My question is this - while you are cutting AND using creatine can/have any of you used an ECA stack?

If so - any side effects with the water retention/loading in the muscle associated with creatine?

I am currently off of the ECA stack (homeade) because I am cycling it (did 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off). The next time I go on the ECA stack I will do 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off - too many side effects after staying on that long.

Anyway - I am wondering if the ECA will pull the water out/make you pee more/lose the strength gains/etc.

Thanks

Mittens
06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Are you trying to get cut? Then why would you want to take creatine, which retains water in your muscles?

RockyIV
06-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Are you trying to get cut? Then why would you want to take creatine, which retains water in your muscles?

It helps preserve muscle mass.

Chuke
06-01-2005, 08:28 AM

From my understanding the water is retained IN the muscle - not subcutaneous (which is bad)...

I WANT water to be in the muscle fiber to help retain the power and speed nutrients to the muscle.

Mainly I want to try it to see if I respond, and at 13% BF I would be willing to have a little water since I have about 8% more to lose.

DJohnson
06-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Creatine is good because of the better calorie expenditure during workouts and better lifts.

Once you have no body fat left there's no more fat to retain water anyways, it'll just make your muscles look bigger. :D

Edit: spelling :)

RockyIV
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
From my understanding the water is retained IN the muscle - not subcutaneous (which is bad)...

I WANT water to be in the muscle fiber to help retain the power and speed nutrients to the muscle.

Mainly I want to try it to see if I respond, and at 13% BF I would be willing to have a little water since I have about 8% more to lose.

You want to cut down to 5% body fat? Are you competing? If not, it's not very healthy to get that low.

mk53220
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
What E and C are you using??

Chuke
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
You want to cut down to 5% body fat? Are you competing? If not, it's not very healthy to get that low.

Good question - and I know a sustained 5% is not healthy...

I am doing a trial run for a contest 12 months (and a week or so) from today - the NPC in Tulsa (I plan for novice - not wanting to worry about pro stuff).

I have been tweaking the diet and routine for 2 months, just trying out things to get things right for next year. If I go to 5%, then I know I can do it and which diet/workout combo works the best for me. I started at 23ish% and 210lbs..

I have dieted down to sub 5% before (years ago) for my first contest - but things have changed with the science of it all (and my body too) :)

The reason I want to try creatine is the same - just to see if I respond while cutting.

What E and C are you using??

I make my own (have since the ban).

1 Dose =
Vasopro Ephedrine HCL (12.5mg) X2 (25mg total)
SciFit Caffeine X1 (200mg total)
Cheap coated aspirin (384mg total)

I cycle that 4 weeks on 2 off (last cycle was 8 on though) taking the first dose pre morning cardio and the second about 2pm for 2 weeks, then up it to 3 times per day the 3rd and 4th weeks.

That ECA above is strong too - so monitor the heart rate and drop the coffee (I had too).

RockyIV
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Your stack looks good. I would drop the coffee while on ECA especially with creatine. It doesn't respond well to caffeine. Maybe you should load first with the creatine then start ECA .

Chuke
06-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Your stack looks good. I would drop the coffee while on ECA especially with creatine. It doesn't respond well to caffeine. Maybe you should load first with the creatine then start ECA .

Yea - I used to use the purple ECA stack and it was great but I could drink coffee (usually 2 cups/day).

The homeade version I now use is WAY more powerfull - I think the caffeine is stronger - I can feel it kick in and wear off.

The only thing I don't like is that I get a raspy voice (I think because of the Guaifenesin that is in it) and I can really feel when I come down.

So creatine doesn't respond to caffiene well - good to know.

I planned on loading for 7 days at 20g (spread through the day) then doing 5g per day afterwards.

If I did this for a week (the 5g) then started the ECA and ran that for only 4 weeks followed by 2 weeks off ECA would that be ok?