PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cycling Program Question

DrTacoElf
05-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Currently i'm 18.5% bodyfat. I do cardio 6 days per week. (eventually will cut this back once i'm at target bf percentage of 10).

I lift as follows
M-Quads/Hams, abs
T-Chest/Triceps
W-Off
Th-Back/Biceps
Fr-Off
Sat-Shoulders, Calves, Abs, Forearms
Sun-Off

I'm interested in trying carb cycling. I was thinking of keeping my workout days as regular carb days (200g/day) and making my off days (cardio only) low carb days (50g/day). Any comments on this. Do you think that spread will be effective. I find it very hard to lift hard when i'm on low carbs.

So here is what it would look like
M-High carb
T-High carb
W-low carb
Th-High carb
Fr-low carb
Sat-High carb
Sun-low carb

On low carb days I'm going to up my protein and EFA intake to keep total caloric intake roughly the same.

sharaabi
05-31-2005, 07:56 PM
http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/page.php?pageID=159&issueID=15

READ IT ! TRUST ME YOU'l like what ya read!

Khryz
05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Currently i'm 18.5% bodyfat. I do cardio 6 days per week. (eventually will cut this back once i'm at target bf percentage of 10).

I lift as follows
M-Quads/Hams, abs
T-Chest/Triceps
W-Off
Th-Back/Biceps
Fr-Off
Sat-Shoulders, Calves, Abs, Forearms
Sun-Off

I'm interested in trying carb cycling. I was thinking of keeping my workout days as regular carb days (200g/day) and making my off days (cardio only) low carb days (50g/day). Any comments on this. Do you think that spread will be effective. I find it very hard to lift hard when i'm on low carbs.

So here is what it would look like
M-High carb
T-High carb
W-low carb
Th-High carb
Fr-low carb
Sat-High carb
Sun-low carb

On low carb days I'm going to up my protein and EFA intake to keep total caloric intake roughly the same.

Not going to work. You have too many high carb days, and you need some no carb days in order for carb cycling to work. Read the article posted above and try and follow that.

I would suggest:

Mon: Low (Lift; already strong bodyparts)
Tues: High (Lift; lagging bodyparts)
Wed: No (Off)
Thurs: Low (Lift; already strong bodyparts)
Fri: High (Lift; lagging bodyparts)
Sat: Low (Cardio)
Sun: No (Off)

High carbs is generally 2g/ target bw; Low carb days is 1g/ target bw; No carb days is roughly 0.5g/ target bw

Or, you could follow Twin Peak's article.

DrTacoElf
06-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I think i will schedule it as follows

M- Cardio Am, Quads/Hams/Abs, High carb
T- Cardio Am, Chest/Tricpes, Low carb
W- Cardio Am, No weights, No carb
Th- Cardio Am, back/biceps, High carb
F- Cardio Am, No Weights, No Carb
Sat- Cardio Am, Shoulders/calf/forearms/abs, Low Carb
Sun- Cardio Am, No Weights, Low Carb

I give myself one cardio "flex day" per week that i don't do it. So i will be doing cardio 6 days per week and gradually tone back as i reach my target bf percent.

High - 2g per lb bodyweight
Low - 1g per lb bodyweight (more or less what i currently do)
No - .5g per lb bodyweight

HalleluYAH
06-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Check out our thread on carb cycling...if you have any questoins on the subject, post 'em there ans we will try to help...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=457715

HalleluYAH
06-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I think i will schedule it as follows

M- Cardio Am, Quads/Hams/Abs, High carb
F- Cardio Am, No Weights, Low Carb
Sat- Cardio Am, Shoulders/calf/forearms/abs, No Carb

I give myself one cardio "flex day" per week that i don't do it. So i will be doing cardio 6 days per week and gradually tone back as i reach my target bf percent.

High - 2g per lb bodyweight
Low - 1g per lb bodyweight (more or less what i currently do)
No - .5g per lb bodyweight

That sure is alot of cardio. ;-)

Also, why no-carbs on Saturday (Shoulders)? Perhaps you should swap Saturday and Sunday? You are not providing optimal nutrition for carb/protein resynthesis by having a no-carb day on any day with weight training. Again, use this link for follow up on carb cycling... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=457715

DrTacoElf
06-01-2005, 05:52 AM
That sure is alot of cardio. ;-)

Also, why no-carbs on Saturday (Shoulders)? Perhaps you should swap Saturday and Sunday? You are not providing optimal nutrition for carb/protein resynthesis by having a no-carb day on any day with weight training. Again, use this link for follow up on carb cycling... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=457715

Thanks!

Based on your rec i'll modify it to this

M- Cardio Am, Quads/Hams/Abs, High carb (,my legs have TONS of room to grow)

Low carb is what i'm used to 150-200g per day. No carb might be a little tricky but i think i need at least 2 days per week to make the cycling worth while and i think by putting that on non weight training days i can achieve it with success. Also i will always do AM cardio on no carb days and take my flex day on a weight training day.

HalleluYAH
06-01-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks!

Based on your rec i'll modify it to this

M- Cardio Am, Quads/Hams/Abs, High carb (,my legs have TONS of room to grow)

Low carb is what i'm used to 150-200g per day. No carb might be a little tricky but i think i need at least 2 days per week to make the cycling worth while and i think by putting that on non weight training days i can achieve it with success. Also i will always do AM cardio on no carb days and take my flex day on a weight training day.
Looks pretty solid. Just make sure you get ample carbs post weight training sessions to ensure glycogen resynthesis!!!

NorBerg
06-01-2005, 06:01 AM
http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/page.php?pageID=159&issueID=15

READ IT ! TRUST ME YOU'l like what ya read!
Ive just read it and decided to give it a go;)

sharaabi
06-01-2005, 06:06 AM
good luck !

The BIGGEST difficulty I find is, WHAT AM I GONNA DO FRIDAY,SATURDAY and SUNDAY?

Its the weekend, family time, goin out with friends, parties and there goes the diet. I dont drink but the food is ALWAYS a problem on those days,
so I always make sure the "social" days are either low-carb or High Carb.

Just my 0.02 to make it work better.

DrTacoElf
06-01-2005, 08:25 AM
good luck !

The BIGGEST difficulty I find is, WHAT AM I GONNA DO FRIDAY,SATURDAY and SUNDAY?

Its the weekend, family time, goin out with friends, parties and there goes the diet. I dont drink but the food is ALWAYS a problem on those days,
so I always make sure the "social" days are either low-carb or High Carb.

Just my 0.02 to make it work better.

This is very good advice and i do much of the same actually. My problem traditionally has actually been being anti-social believe it or not. Now i've realized i can go out once in a while and eat what i like and have some to drink.

DrTacoElf
07-10-2005, 10:04 AM
To The Top

sharaabi
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
man i found this one other carb cycling scheme which kinda works....wonder if u wanted to give it a shot?

http://www.ironaddicts.com/timed%20carb.html?t=1761