PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers?

lp73
05-31-2005, 03:06 PM
My friend went on a weight watcher's diet and lost 15 lbs. I know it's a program that categorizes individual foods into points and you can only eat a certain number of points per day depending on your weight. I think I have the main idea...

Have anyone of you went on a weightwatcher's diet? I really want to know how to calculate how much I should eat per day according to my body weight (153 lbs, and I'm 5'8" guy) and what foods I should eat.

Any details?

frenzitti
05-31-2005, 05:15 PM
i used weight watchers, but now I count calories instead. use calorieking.com's software and you target your diet much more precisely. Furthermore 1 point with weight watchers has like a 100 calorie range. i think???? Perhaps, but not very acurate thats for sure. Best program though of all commercial ones I can think of.

P****Fred
06-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Hey,

I used the weight watcher's software and lost about 20 pounds with it..
It works in the beginning, but I didn't ate enough --> lost lots of muscle...
now I'm still stuck with fat...
After a while I hit a plateau...
On ww I ate 26 points (about 1300 kcal?) which is way too little..and now I'm struggling to get my metabolism back on track :)
Slowly building up calories again, and I started losing weight again!

I guess you'd be better off counting calories and getting your c/p/f ratios in order...
It helped me break the plateau, so I guess it's a better method (for me it is..)

Stand Ablaze
06-01-2005, 05:00 AM
I have a friend that does it and they have to pay 5 a WEEK to be a member. Weight watchers is probably the best commercial diet if you use the correct food, because it focus's on the low calorie approach but gives you enough to get through the day.

A good body doesn't cost a 12 sign up fee and 5 a week however.

MissPedicure
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
My friend went on a weight watcher's diet and lost 15 lbs. I know it's a program that categorizes individual foods into points and you can only eat a certain number of points per day depending on your weight. I think I have the main idea...

Have anyone of you went on a weightwatcher's diet? I really want to know how to calculate how much I should eat per day according to my body weight (153 lbs, and I'm 5'8" guy) and what foods I should eat.

Any details?

I joined W.W. about a month and a half ago. How much you eat depends on your weight. There are 2 plans, one is by points. The other is core. I pulled out my book for you and at your weight, if you want to do the points plan it is 22. When you go under 150 pounds it drops to 20.

There is more to it than just the points however, for instance adding more points if you work out and how hard and long your workouts are. I have already outgrown W.W. I was at a meeting last week where the subject was exercise. They thought it was good if you walked for 15 minutes at a moderate speed! There idea of a workout is to take your dog out for a walk! Some lady got a round of applause because she walked her dog for 20 minutes!!! If you are interested, go to a meeting and see all the people that started, and are now back again.

I still go but only because I paid for 10 weeks up front. I will not go after that. The time I have been there I have only lost 7 1/2 pounds. I have a journal here if you want to view it.

I suggest that you will get MUCH MORE information and help from people who KNOW what they are talking about if you stay here. And this whole site is FREE!

I would also suggest opening an account at www.fitday.com. Another FREE site. You put in what you eat and it tracks your progress, gives you reports, analyzes all the food and gives you everything from the calories to fat, to carbs, just everything, and is very useful. W.W. does not really provide enough information about actual nutrition to make lifelong changes.

In my humble opinion!