PDA

View Full Version : Keto Foods! Help

Deciever
12-14-2001, 01:33 PM
need a LONG list of keto foods.. im goin to attemp to try the diet and see how it works.... just a list of foods that i could eat that are low carbs and stuff.... i red dorians reply to apost with some foods..i just need a bit longer list than that... thank

fitnessman
12-14-2001, 04:25 PM
Meats: Beef(all cuts) chicken, pork, lamb, rabbit, venison. All
meats, all cuts.

Processed meets: Bacon, sausage, jerky, spam, slim jims, canned ham, canned weenies, lunch meats, ect. ect.

Lots of eggs

All full fat cheeses/ real butter

Most full fat salad dressings

Acceptable carb sources as side dishes+needed nutrients and fiber:

Large salads
spinach
asparagus
green beans
Kale
All greens, mustard, collerd, est.
Radish
celery
Any low g.i. veggies

Nuts: almonds, macadamea, some peanuts

And there is lots more. But you should get the drift from this post.

Search the web for some lower carb dishes to make the diet enjoyable. You can even make desserts.

Dorian
12-14-2001, 04:37 PM
Look for a future series covering all this and more about Keto diets. I am hoping to get the first one online by the first of january for all those who want to use it. Fitnessman and Myself will be collaborating on this together so it should be intense and excellent.

fitnessman
12-14-2001, 04:47 PM
Yes, Dorian and I will shed some serious light on this subject.

Deciever
12-14-2001, 06:01 PM
hmmm doeosnt sound l ike that hard of a diet...just tby eliminating some of my normal foods(such as frenchfries f or lunch everyday at school, and what ever my parents cook for dinner) i'll be a keto'er

fitnessman
12-14-2001, 09:13 PM
Yup, just take that little bit of information........and you will be weak, flat, and wondering around in a fog.....

If you dont understand the full principle of the diet you will fail miserably.

Want Mass
12-14-2001, 11:12 PM
Ok, I am 35, 6' tall 190 lbs and last checked, months ago about 15% fat, want to take that down to see abs, is this diet a way to do that...?
do I restrict my intake..?
Must I count the cals strictly..?
Any help i get here is Greatly appreciated Guys....

Want Mass
12-14-2001, 11:14 PM
In search for full Understanding....LOL...

fitnessman
12-15-2001, 04:59 PM
10-12 cals per pound of bodyweight when cutting.

dont be afraid of fat, without the fat the diet will not work.

Brouse the losing fat and nutrition boards for keto info from myself and Dorian.

mrTesto
09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Meats: Beef(all cuts) chicken, pork, lamb, rabbit, venison. All
meats, all cuts.

Processed meets: Bacon, sausage, jerky, spam, slim jims, canned ham, canned weenies, lunch meats, ect. ect.

Lots of eggs

All full fat cheeses/ real butter

Most full fat salad dressings

Acceptable carb sources as side dishes+needed nutrients and fiber:

Large salads
spinach
asparagus
green beans
Kale
All greens, mustard, collerd, est.
Radish
celery
Any low g.i. veggies

Nuts: almonds, macadamea, some peanuts

And there is lots more. But you should get the drift from this post.

Search the web for some lower carb dishes to make the diet enjoyable. You can even make desserts.

havent processed meats got hidden sugars in ?

steven992
09-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I just started a keto diet and was wondering if I have it setup right. I'm 6'1'' 230lb, 194lb lean body mass so I figure 194 grams protein 180 grams fat per day 2400 calories per day. Here is example of my daily meal plan:
Meal 1: Eggs, Bacon, Spinach, Cheddar cheese. 477 cal, 41.1g protein, 32.4g fat.
Meal 2: Tuna, Avocado, Cabbage, Green beans, Mayo, lettuce. 480 cal, 48.3g protein, 22.8g fat.
Meal 3: Chicken, Cauliflower, Cheddar cheese, butter. 475 cal, 50.25g protein, 35.5g fat.
Meal 4: Eggs, Bacon, Pepperoni, butter, Cheddar cheese. 535.2 cal, 33.3g protein, 41.6g fat.
Meal 5: Chicken, Avocado, Cheddar cheese, Mayo, lettuce. 308 cal, 27.7g protein, 19.8g fat.

Having trouble getting 180g of fat per day. Maybe eat more fatty meats?

Michaelam2010
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
so are most of the fats coming from cheese and oil? Im still trying to understand the food part.

GideonandMaria
11-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Yes, Dorian and I will shed some serious light on this subject.

Um Iv been on keto for 4 days now.... well its nearly day 5... Im just wondering whether its ok to have pepsi max (zero sugar zero carb) and other such drinks.
there is a fair bit of controversy in the field of people I have asked. some say yes, fine drink away and others say you cant have it bnecause of aspartame, or because the artificial sweeteners will kick you out of ketosis.

also I tried to generate my macros using the myfitnesspal online tool and it seemed a bit skewed because I thought to maintain a stabilised ketosis you need to be strictly 66% fat 33% Protien and 1% give or take carb. Whereas the macros I calculated on the tool were more like 70% fat 28% protien and 2% carbohydrate......

what are some ways to make sure that you are ingesating enough of fat because the last thing I want is to only cut and my body end upo eating all my muscle3 tone and gains.....

I weighed 65.8 starting this diet four days in I am 63.7 kg and Im definitely suffering from ketosis symptoms. What I want is to cut down to 56 -57 kg in the month (remaining 3 weeks and 3 days ) which is a total loss of 7.7 kg Im hoping it will reduce my fat stores to below 10% but thast I will maintain all my muscle gains and still be able to lift the same as if I was on a normal Paleo or clean eating diet.

please give me some input as being a girl and having always given fat the black cross of death it is now hard to try and live on an eating program where fat is a must.....

Zuper
11-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Um Iv been on keto for 4 days now.... well its nearly day 5... Im just wondering whether its ok to have pepsi max (zero sugar zero carb) and other such drinks.
there is a fair bit of controversy in the field of people I have asked. some say yes, fine drink away and others say you cant have it bnecause of aspartame, or because the artificial sweeteners will kick you out of ketosis.

also I tried to generate my macros using the myfitnesspal online tool and it seemed a bit skewed because I thought to maintain a stabilised ketosis you need to be strictly 66% fat 33% Protien and 1% give or take carb. Whereas the macros I calculated on the tool were more like 70% fat 28% protien and 2% carbohydrate......

what are some ways to make sure that you are ingesating enough of fat because the last thing I want is to only cut and my body end upo eating all my muscle3 tone and gains.....

I weighed 65.8 starting this diet four days in I am 63.7 kg and Im definitely suffering from ketosis symptoms. What I want is to cut down to 56 -57 kg in the month (remaining 3 weeks and 3 days ) which is a total loss of 7.7 kg Im hoping it will reduce my fat stores to below 10% but thast I will maintain all my muscle gains and still be able to lift the same as if I was on a normal Paleo or clean eating diet.

please give me some input as being a girl and having always given fat the black cross of death it is now hard to try and live on an eating program where fat is a must.....

Hey chick check out the keto forums:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

To kick start your body to ketosis, avoid those drinks... drink water. It took me 2 - 3 weeks of strict eating to actually see great high ketone readings (blood testing).

For the first 3 weeks, I'd suggest you just eat real food - JERF :P no seriously, like meats, eggs, nuts, cheese (if you're not paleo), green leafy veggies... and remember to cook them in fat - like ghee, butter or coconut oil.

Forget macro breakdown... someone taught me that on the keto-forum :) Just concentrate on keeping carbs below 50g (remember, Net Carbs to be under this). Personally, I am to eat NO carbs, and it comes up to about 20 - 30g still (carbs sneak in through nuts and veggies mostly).

Another aim is to keep your protein at 0.8 - 1 g per lb. Get the rest of your calories from fat :)

Check out your calories too - you should be in a slight deficit (say about 10% going on some advice I got myself) and you adjust to see how you lose best.

Good luck and enjoy :)

Mercersburgguy
06-17-2017, 07:52 PM
EAS MYOKETOGENIC has anyone us d this in conjunction with Keto diet? I am wanting to know if I use this shake for breakfast and lunch and then have dinner would this be enough to see results? I'm 40yrs old 337lbs.

ironwill2008
06-18-2017, 06:35 AM
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61