PDA

View Full Version : Doughboy's Diesel Test Log

Doughboy
05-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi all, its my first log so I hope I do it well. I will update daily. Anyway today was my first day of Diesel Test. I of course didnt read the label properly, and took 5 tabs today. Was suppossed to take 3 for the first 3 days, will take 3 starting tomorrow.

Anyway about me:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 153
BF: Not sure, maybe 14-15%
Current Supplements: Man Clout w CM, GXR(mostly when I cheat), Cissus Rx.
Reasons for trying Diesel Test:
1. I have not been recovering well, I am constantly sore and draggin my butt around.

2. I have no sex drive.

3. I am looking for the on or good feeling I have been hearing others talking about.

4. I am always tired.

Diet:
I dont count calories, I take in about 160 grams of protein a day. I am basically maintaining my weight.

Training:

I do Jiu Jitsu 2-3 times per week and work out at home 2-3 times a week. Workouts at home consist of many variations of pushups, I also do body weight squats, pullups and dips, and jog maybe once or twice a week.

I am having a hard time in Jiu Jitsu class because of my lack of recovery. My muscles and body have been getting very tired quickly lately and my performance has been off.

Will post again tomorrow.

Derek

Sixpack
05-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Have u ever looked at your entire diet to determine if they may be a part of it

Doughboy
05-28-2005, 09:20 PM
I have, i dont eat many vegetables, although I do eat fruit about 3-4 times a day, carbs com from oats, Arnolds Carb Counting bread and Barilla Plus pasta (has more fiber and protein per serving)

I know my diet is not perfect but, i dont think its too bad, im sure it can be better though.

Doughboy
05-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Also I forgot to mention I do not get great sleep. One or all of my kids wake me up at some point during the night and my daughter can sometimes be difficult at that time. Also after jiu jitsu class I have a hard time falling asleep, I usually get home at 10 and it takes a while for me to come down.

solarize
05-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, sleeps real important.
I sympathise that you get woken up.. Maybe ear plugs?

Few options for sleep, there are the benzo's for short term usage (valium etc).

OTC products : ZMA, worked like a charm for me on an empty stomach.
Valerian root, high doses seem to work
Sex before sleep.. seems to work for me too.

BTW 8 hours is supposed to to be the minimum for bodybuilders trying to gain.. so might want to take that into account.

out

TENACIOUS
05-28-2005, 10:10 PM
I work alot of shift work and I too find falling a sleep after working all day. I also have two kids that keep me up too.

Try some Melatonin to get you to sleep and then some time released Melatonin to keep you from waking up.

Doughboy
05-28-2005, 10:29 PM
To be honest I am not going to ignore them, I have to get up, I would feel too guilty. Perhaps the Melatonin can help me get a deeper sleep.

Doughboy
05-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah, sleeps real important.

BTW 8 hours is supposed to to be the minimum for bodybuilders trying to gain.. so might want to take that into account.

out
Yeah I hear ya, I really dont get 8 hours, maybe on the weekends. I realize this is hurting me.

solarize
05-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Well.... If sleep isnt happening for ya and not going to change. guess the only thing you can mod is diet/supps :)

Maybe try some miscellar casien protein before bed.. it take 5-8 hours to digest, so this might give you a helping hand recovering during the little sleep you get.

Raising your test levels would help with recovery too... so diesel test might be a goer.. Or some **** Ultra H.O.T

Anything to get your Gh or test levels up would help.. I hear whey/other protein before bed helps with this.. ZMA before sleep would help too and as above some other test supp would.

Guess thats all you can do :)

Melatonin works great too btw as mentioned above, very cheap in US too.
Also great as an anti-oxidant.

TENACIOUS
05-28-2005, 11:46 PM
As mentioned in the above post ZMA is fantastic for deeper sleeps.

cheap ZMA http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/zma.html

this is a great protein that takes 7 hours to digest. I take mine right before bed and it helps me feel 10X better in the morning. Oh yea vitamin b also helps too.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/mic.html

one last thing with the sleep.........My wife tends to the kids most of the time because of my crazy shift work. God bless my wife. :0

Doughboy
05-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks all for the advice, will consider it all.

Anyway day 2 is in the books. Switched to 3 tabs for today, will do the same tomorrow and then go to 4 and see what happens.

Not much to report today. Did a light jog in the AM and played in this old time 1867 rules baseball game, was quite fun.

Be back tomorrow.

Eightpak
05-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey good luck with the DT. It should definetly help with the recovery and sex drive. I'm on my second bottle and am loving it. Oh and I believe the bottle says to take 3 tabs for the first 5 days not 3 days, just a heads up. I followed it that way and then bumped up to five which was the ideal dosage IMO. Check out my log if you haven't already.

Doughboy
05-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey good luck with the DT. It should definetly help with the recovery and sex drive. I'm on my second bottle and am loving it. Oh and I believe the bottle says to take 3 tabs for the first 5 days not 3 days, just a heads up. I followed it that way and then bumped up to five which was the ideal dosage IMO. Check out my log if you haven't already.

Thanks 8.
Yes I have seen your log, its one of the reasons I decided to try it.

Doughboy
05-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok day 3 is over.

Today I did my usual workout, pushups, pullups, dips, squats etc. Felt the same as usual.

Not much to report as of yet.

Doughboy
05-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Day 4.

Unfortunatley jiu jitsu class was cancelled tonight. Will have to make up for it with a good workout tomorrow morning. Still nothing to report.

I may jump to 5 tabs starting tomorrow, unless Chuck says its not a good idea.

Til tomorrow.

Doughboy
06-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Day 5.

I upped the dosage to 5 tabs today, still nothing to report. Did my usual workout of squats, pullups, and assorted push ups, did a little more than usual since I ate some bad food earlier on the day. Sorry for the boring log so far, I hope things pick up soon.

Doughboy
06-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Day 6.

Finally had jiu jistsu class tonight, its been a week since my last class.

Anywho, after warm ups and some review of techniques we trained.

I trained 4 times at 6 minutes a pop. Was spent at the end. Was still feeling a but weak and tired during the training, although it wasnt as bad as last week.

Til tomorrow.

Doughboy
06-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Day 7.

Felt pretty good today. I wasnt too sore from last nights class, worked out this evening, felt it was a good workout. I hope I get to class tomorrow, should be a good indicator of how I am recovering. I am working late tonight and I may have to work some tomorrow hopefully I will get there and test how I feel.

Good night.

Doughboy
06-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Sorry for the late update.

Day 8.

I had only 4 hours sleep for friday into sat, went to sleep at 5 AM and woke up at 9 AM. Had conference calls for work uggh!!

Couldnt go to class on saturday since I still had to do more work.

Im feeling pretty tired right now but Im not very sore from previous workouts which is a positive.

Will update again later today.

Doughboy
06-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Day 9.

Not much to say. Still super tired from the lack of sleep. No workout today. This week will be a tough week for me, i will be attending class on tues, thurs and sat and working out mon, wed fri. It will be interesting to see how I feel and recover this week.

Later.

Doughboy
06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Day 10 in the books.

I have started to notice an increase in sex drive which is good.

Today I had a really good workout, I added some deadlifts with my kettlebells.

FWIW, I took 2 AMP on a full stomach about 2 hours before my workout.

I cant wait til tomorrow and see how I feel with the recovery.

Doughboy
06-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Day 11.

Man im so tired, been working late almost everynight the last week. I could not attend class tonight because of work. This sucks as I really want to seee if my recovery is better and the only way to tell is to follow my workout days with my class. I will try to attend class tomorrow eventhough its not really a mens class, they let me come.

Yesterdays workout was good i really pushed myself and the only soreness is in my quads, I got it from deadlifting which i havent done in a long while.

Sleep seems to be deeper but maybe its because im really tired these days. Sex drive still seems a bit better.

Derek

Doughboy
06-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Slacked on the update last night, Sorry.

Day 12.

Was able to attend class yesterday, I chose to do this instead of working out. I havent had class in a while and this important to me. Anywho, had a good class rolled with the instructor for a good while, he is about 40lbs heavier than me and infinitley better than me so it was a good workout. So far I feel pretty good recovery wise. Also I hesitate to say this but I may be looking a little leaner. This is interesting because I have not changed anything, in fact I have been cheating a little more than usual lately so I will keep an eye on this for sure.

Doughboy
06-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Day 13. Sorry its late.

Had class again last night. It was a real tough class, warmups were extra rough and it was very hot last night. By the time we got to train I was already very tired. I trained a total of 6 times, 3 times with males and 3 times with the females. I trained twice with one girl who is tough, she tries real hard and the weight difference isnt that much, the other girl is very light and she is sort of new so it really isnt much of training session. Anyway today I am feeling a bit beat up, Im suppossed to workout tonight so I hope I recover a bit more from now until then. My lower back is getting very bad and Im afraid it might limit some of the excercises I wanted to do tonight. We shall see.

Sleep - I could always use more, I think Im sleeping a bit deeper but couldnt be 100% sure.

Sex Drive - I think its up, I seem to be thinking about it more.

Havent really felt the mood lifting that others have gotten, its probably because Im real unhappy at work and there really isnt anything that is going to change that except a new job :-)

Doughboy
06-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Day 14 (Friday, one day late)

Still feeling beat up from class the night before. I had my daughter's dance recital after work and didnt get home until 9:30. I was going to do a full workout but settled on doing an abreviated one since I was feeling tired, sore and hungry.

I ended up doing 150 body weight squats in a row. Funny thing is the last 30 were almost easier than the first 30 :-)

As for other items, sex drive is definitley up, I cant say I have noticed anything else. As for looking leaner like I mentioned a few days ago, it may have been an optical illusion, I think I look the same as I have.

Derek

Power-Quest
06-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I do Jiu Jitsu 2-3 times per week and work out at home 2-3 times a week. Workouts at home consist of many variations of pushups, I also do body weight squats, pullups and dips, and jog maybe once or twice a week.

I am having a hard time in Jiu Jitsu class because of my lack of recovery. My muscles and body have been getting very tired quickly lately and my performance has been off.

Derek

I also took BJJ , but once i started doing body building i had to make a choice since both are very physical and demanding , i know your not lifting heavy and your just doing excersices , but you might still be doing more than your body can handle at this time.

Just something for you to think about , to much activity and not enough rest can cause you to burn out , while DT may be a good product i wouldn't look to it or any other supp to solve your tiredness and slow recovery , it might take some life style changes along with DT :).

This is what comes to mind reading your log , i use to be in the same boat as you 2 years ago.

Your also at that age were your not a kid anymore.

Not trying to lecture you , just trying to help with something i am familiar with.

Good log , well organized , keep it up.

Doughboy
06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
PQ,

I believe you are correct. Im just not recovering well at all, BJJ is so grueling and taxing. I wil have to adjust my workouts accordingly.

Thanks for the input.

I also took BJJ , but once i started doing body building i had to make a choice since both are very physical and demanding , i know your not lifting heavy and your just doing excersices , but you might still be doing more than your body can handle at this time.

Just something for you to think about , to much activity and not enough rest can cause you to burn out , while DT may be a good product i wouldn't look to it or any other supp to solve your tiredness and slow recovery , it might take some life style changes along with DT :).

This is what comes to mind reading your log , i use to be in the same boat as you 2 years ago.

Your also at that age were your not a kid anymore.

Not trying to lecture you , just trying to help with something i am familiar with.

Good log , well organized , keep it up.

Doughboy
06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Day 15 (sat)

Had class again, trained only twice but they were good and challenging. I am starting to feel banged up.

Day 16 (sun)

Had my daughters dance recital and didnt eat for like 5 hours straight, had a headache, and was weak. I ended up coming come and devouring a lot of crappy food. I passed out at like 9:30 at night and slept like a baby.

Doughboy
06-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Day 17.

No workout today, just not feeling up to it. I think I am going to skip my workouts this week and only attend class.

Sex Drive is still up, not noticing much else though.

Derek

Doughboy
06-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Day 18.

Had class, didnt get to train as much as usual, only went 2 times, once with this girl and the last one was this dude who is about 50 lbs heavier than me. Due to the heat it ended up feeling like a good workout. Not much else to report right now, I am going to limit my activity this week to give my body a break.

Doughboy
06-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Day 19.

Nothing to report except for increased sex drive :D

Did not workout or have class.

Doughboy
06-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Day 20.

Had class, trained 6 times, 5 minutes a pop. Still not happy with my stamina. It was very hot and I sweated like a pig, training and warmups were tough. Man sex drive is unbelievable right now.

I cant attend class saturday so I will probably work out.

CHUCK DIESEL
06-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Day 20.

Had class, trained 6 times, 5 minutes a pop. Still not happy with my stamina. It was very hot and I sweated like a pig, training and warmups were tough. Man sex drive is unbelievable right now.

I cant attend class saturday so I will probably work out.

You might want to try about 50g/ of complex carbs 3 hours and then again 2 hours before class. Both with 20g protein.

Doughboy
06-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks Chuck, will give that a try.

Doughboy
06-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Day 21 (friday)

No work out, no class, just trying to rest my very sore lower back. Sex drive is still going.

Doughboy
06-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Day 22 (sat)

Could not attend class, had to watch the kids. Did an abreviated work out.

Had a blood test in the morning whcih went real bad. Im really mental about blood tests. The girl who did was having a hard time, and I was feeling pale and almost through up. When the main guy came in the room he said they needed more, I tild himt there was no way.
Work out:
150 body weight squats followed by kettlebell swings. Work out felt good even though it was very short.

Doughboy
06-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Day 23 Sunday.

No workout or class. Ate a whole bunch of crap for fathers day :-)

My lower back is a mess right now, just icing it and resting.

Doughboy
06-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Day 24 Monday.

Worked out.

Did my squats with the usual assorted push ups, dips, pull ups and I also threw in some kettlebell swings. It wasnt a great workout, I got tired real quick and felt a bit nautious. Those kettlebell swings are killers.

Just in case you missed it, my sex drive is unbelievable.

Doughboy
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Day 25 Tuesday.

Had class, good warmup/workout, only trained twice but they were good and tough. Feeling just a tad sore/beat up, had terrible sleep. The kids kind of kept me up plus I have a hard time sleeping on nights I have class.

Sex drive is still going strong.

CHUCK DIESEL
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Day 25 Tuesday.

Had class, good warmup/workout, only trained twice but they were good and tough. Feeling just a tad sore/beat up, had terrible sleep. The kids kind of kept me up plus I have a hard time sleeping on nights I have class.

Sex drive is still going strong.

Call Nanny 911.

Make sure to keep the DT bottle on the sink when they are there filming the show.

Doughboy
06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Call Nanny 911.

Make sure to keep the DT bottle on the sink when they are there filming the show.

LOL. Its not that bad.

Doughboy
06-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Day 25 wednesday.

Didnt have class and decided to not workout, I coulod feel my body getting that overtrained feeling and since I have class Thursday I wanted to be as fresh as possible.

Doughboy
06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Day 26 Thursday.

I had class. Stamina was better than usual. I trained 6 times, was exhausted at the end.
Sex drive still good.

Doughboy
06-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Ok well its the end of the bottle. Overall I have to say I was very impressed with the way my sex drive rebounded. It went from non-existent to over drive. I didn't really experience anything else but I would use this again in the future.

Pseudoman
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
What are you stats? good gains, loss in bodyfat?

Doughboy
06-29-2005, 06:56 AM
I started at 5'7" 153, and now Im 154, I did not change anything in my diet during this time. I would say I may be slightly leaner but it is not a big difference. The biggest thing I noticed was an increase in sex drive, there is no mistake about that.

Thanks

brunobrown2001
09-10-2005, 05:53 PM
No gain in muscle mass?

I started at 5'7" 153, and now Im 154, I did not change anything in my diet during this time. I would say I may be slightly leaner but it is not a big difference. The biggest thing I noticed was an increase in sex drive, there is no mistake about that.

Thanks

CHUCK DIESEL
09-11-2005, 06:59 AM
No gain in muscle mass?

I dont think this guy lift weights, he does a lot of martial arts.

Doughboy
09-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Chuck is correct, wasnt trying to gain any mass.

by the way, just got my t levels checked and im at 288. looks like i may be going on HRT.

CHUCK DIESEL
09-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Chuck is correct, wasnt trying to gain any mass.

by the way, just got my t levels checked and im at 288. looks like i may be going on HRT.

What? How long have you been off DT? Also what are the full results ie ng/dl, etc.., What else did they test. You said you were felling low after an androgen cycle but 288!!!!?? That may be borderline ok if you have low SHBG.

Doughboy
09-12-2005, 08:25 AM
What? How long have you been off DT? Also what are the full results ie ng/dl, etc.., What else did they test. You said you were felling low after an androgen cycle but 288!!!!?? That may be borderline ok if you have low SHBG.

I have been off for almost 3 months.

I have never done PH, PS etc. My Dr only tested me for total T, they basically would not help me address it so I went to a different Dr and took more tests. I can post next week when I get them if you want.

Derek