PDA

View Full Version : Right now I am eating 1.5 pounds of salmon

Lion Heart
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
And not that canned **** either. I'm talking good ol' fresh salmon. Man is this **** delicious. Cooking seafood can be difficult to master at first, but once you do, there is no going back.

MattM
05-27-2005, 11:17 PM
salmon rocks and the omega 3s are good for you. eat up man!

melon
05-28-2005, 01:40 AM
I bought a slab of salmon that is as big as my torso from Costco last week. Mm!

The Doc
05-28-2005, 04:17 AM
I bought a slab of salmon that is as big as my torso from Costco last week. Mm!
So about 8 oz or so ;), j/k. Make sure you either cure it quick or freeze it tight so it keeps its integrity and doesn't dry out/get freezer burn on you.

The Doc

melon
05-28-2005, 04:20 AM
So about 8 oz or so ;), j/k. Make sure you either cure it quick or freeze it tight so it keeps its integrity and doesn't dry out/get freezer burn on you.

The Doc

Meow!

I cut it up into individual portions and then freeze them individually in freezer bags. Takes an hour to cook from frozen. Very handy and delicious.

whiplash
05-28-2005, 04:21 AM
I love my salmon, best fish ever.

The Doc
05-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Salmon is definitely one of my favorites, unfortunately I love lox which is not exactly the best for you, with the smoke and salt. I do however have some nice recipes for poached salmon which guarantees moistness and a milder flavor which has helped my wife get into eating it lately.

keninottawa
05-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Damnit, I just finished breakfast and now I feel like a giant baked salmon filet.

Thanks a lot, guys.

corple
05-28-2005, 06:16 AM
my mom needs to buy more salmon ):\ i wish she would. im gonna nag her today :D im craving it now

Sixpack
05-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Hey Doc read my post about Salmon . You can get great Pacific Salmon all natural at Walmart in the individual serving packets for 80 cents for 5oz

Salmon is definitely one of my favorites, unfortunately I love lox which is not exactly the best for you, with the smoke and salt. I do however have some nice recipes for poached salmon which guarantees moistness and a milder flavor which has helped my wife get into eating it lately.

The Doc
05-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey Doc read my post about Salmon . You can get great Pacific Salmon all natural at Walmart in the individual serving packets for 80 cents for 5oz
I just posted over there, I'm getting hosed. $3.99 for 4 oz of Duck Trap salmon here, and it's packaged in Brazil :(.

Lion Heart
05-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm not a big fan of eating frozen fish. Usually when I get my seafood from the local market, I'll eat it that very day. So considering I eat a lot fo fish, that pretty much means I am there three-four days a week.

Now tonight I am having some trout.

Adam444
05-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Just got back from Safeway also... and got some Salmon

Tomorrow - BBQ... :D
Salmon + Brown Rice

OMFG!>>!:!:!@>@!:! ;)