PDA

View Full Version : How many hours after meal is consider empty stomach?

alex76
05-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi All,

My first posting here :)

ZMA requires to take on empty stomach. How many hours after food is safe to take this supplement? and how many hours after that can I take protein shake before going to bed? Going to bed on an empty stomach is very uncomfortable :(

Normal whey protein shake comtain calcium that interferes with the absorbtion of ZMA, right?

Thanks for shedding the light to me :)

US_Ranger
05-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi All,

My first posting here :)

ZMA requires to take on empty stomach. How many hours after food is safe to take this supplement? and how many hours after that can I take protein shake before going to bed? Going to bed on an empty stomach is very uncomfortable :(

Normal whey protein shake comtain calcium that interferes with the absorbtion of ZMA, right?

Thanks for shedding the light to me :)

That's not true anymore. Some protein powders (nighttime) actually come with ZMA in it now. You can take it with your protein.

alex76
05-24-2005, 08:35 PM
That's not true anymore. Some protein powders (nighttime) actually come with ZMA in it now. You can take it with your protein.
oh... is that true? which brand should I look for?

US_Ranger
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
oh... is that true? which brand should I look for?

Well, if you look at the nutrition info for many brands, it will have zinc, mag and b6 in it.

Personally, I just take 3 pills of Optimum ZMA and down it with my glass of evopro everynight.

alex76
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Well, if you look at the nutrition info for many brands, it will have zinc, mag and b6 in it.

Personally, I just take 3 pills of Optimum ZMA and down it with my glass of evopro everynight.

so do I really need to take it empty stomach?

US_Ranger
05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
so do I really need to take it empty stomach?

No, you don't need to take it on an empty stomach.

I can personally vouch for it as well since I take it with protein and I sleep like a rock lately....except for last night when I had to wake up 4 times and eat. Wow I was hungry.

alex76
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
No, you don't need to take it on an empty stomach.

I can personally vouch for it as well since I take it with protein and I sleep like a rock lately....except for last night when I had to wake up 4 times and eat. Wow I was hungry.

haha.... ok... thanks for the pointer :)