PDA

View Full Version : NL East...

ProWrestleFan
09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Anyone else hoping the Phillies catch the Mets and take the East? I know I am!

gdawg0987
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
As a Braves fan I'm really torn.

I hate the Mets with a passion and would much rather see the Phillies win the division over the Mets. For that to happen though, my Braves would have to lose the rest of their games to the Phils. While it's a very long shot the Braves can make the post season at this point, I still can't root against them just so the Phils can take the division from the Mets.

ProWrestleFan
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I feel your pain... You should know how bad it sucks to be a Phillies fan... We never get the top spot, always falling short to the Braves...

But I love seeing the MEts in all these 'Actober' October ads for the post season... I am just sitting around hoping the Phillies take the #1 spot in the NL East and the Mets falls short of the playoffs... That would make my day!

ProWrestleFan
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Phillies up 4-2 right now...

RWHJR3
09-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I am a Red Sox/Marlins fan, but I hope the Mets take the east :P

Runngunn29
09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I feel your pain... You should know how bad it sucks to be a Phillies fan... We never get the top spot, always falling short to the Braves...

But I love seeing the MEts in all these 'Actober' October ads for the post season... I am just sitting around hoping the Phillies take the #1 spot in the NL East and the Mets falls short of the playoffs... That would make my day!
Cool, they show alot of teams in "Actober" ads including the Royals and White Sox. You guys dont even have a spot and you're in ads, at least we're currently in it with a magic number of 4.

It'll be tough for the Phils to catch us.

Exist 2 Inspire
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
If the Braves win tonight and tomorrow, they'll be tied with the Phils.

(been crossing my fingers all week)

3lixer.
09-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Let's Go Mets!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGZ173_8x10-2006BattingAction~David-Wright-Posters.jpg

ProWrestleFan
09-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Phillies win tonight! 5-2! AND the Nationals are beating the Mets right now!

gdawg0987
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Phillies win tonight! 5-2! AND the Nationals are beating the Mets right now!

NEGGED!!!

;)

johnny87
09-26-2007, 09:00 PM
i would rather have the mets win over the phils as a braves fan.

snuffiluffigus
09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Uhhh Yeah freestyle mets fan right here

Mets really suck
Phils won tonight....oh f uck
Reyes always cryin at the bad calls
Man up and grow some balls
You mets can't make a routine play
I'll take Pizza on the Mets. even if hes is gay
Wagner get off your knees your blowing the game
Since you left the Phils you haven't been the same
David Wright is the only one doin' right
Delgado, get a hit or get the fuc k out my sight
or I just might just on the Yankeees bandwagon tonight
METS you need to step up ya game
if you blow the lead you hed it'll be a shame
F uck the Phils and fuc k your miss
The mets will prevail and you can quote this!

Runngunn29
09-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Mets really suck
Despite how great he's been this year, Wright aint doing right lately.

snuffiluffigus
09-26-2007, 09:12 PM

No one is doin' right lately. It sucks.

johnny87
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM

david wright is the most over rated player in baseball. He wishes he could be as good as chipper

snuffiluffigus
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
david wright is the most over rated player in baseball. He wishes he could be as good as chipper

D Wright has 105 RBIs, 30 HR, 30 Stolen bases .322 average

He's pretty good. Not overrated IMO.

johnny87
09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
D Wright has 105 RBIs, 30 HR, 30 Stolen bases .322 average

He's pretty good. Not overrated IMO.

AVG .340(1st in nl) | HR 28 | RBI 100 | OBP .427(3rd) | SLG .606 (3rd) l Ops 1.033 (1st)

And chipper is 1st in fielding pct.

Yet david wright is an all star/all world 3rd baseman. LOL gimmie a break.

David wright doesnt rank in the top 3 in ne category.

Runngunn29
09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
AVG .340(1st in nl) | HR 28 | RBI 100 | OBP .427(3rd) | SLG .606 (3rd) l Ops 1.033 (1st)

You dont have to lead a category to be a great player. He does it all around offensively. He's got the average, obp, homers, ribbies, runs, great baserunner, and an insane number of SB's for a third basemen. Offensively, he's very good all-around. If you don't think his totals equal allstar-like numbers, youre on crack.

Chipper's great too. Would be nice if he stayed healthy to see his true production.

johnny87
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
You dont have to lead a category to be a great player. He does it all around offensively. He's got the average, obp, homers, ribbies, runs, great baserunner, and an insane number of SB's for a third basemen. Offensively, he's very good all-around. If you don't think his totals equal all-star numbers, youre on crack.

Chipper's great too. Would be nice if he stayed healthy to see his true production.

Well they arent as good as chippers. And he aint an allstar.

Wright is the third best 3B in the NL east......

Exist 2 Inspire
09-26-2007, 09:58 PM

Reps when I recharge...Chipper's amazing season has sort of flown under the radar.

jsheppard1
09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Reps when I recharge...Chipper's amazing season has sort of flown under the radar.

that being said, his error that led to 3 unearned runs tonight really put the hurt on us..

Runngunn29
09-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Well they arent as good as chippers. And he aint an allstar.

Wright is the third best 3B in the NL east......
Wow, saying Chipper is outwardly better is quite a statement.

Wright leads Chipper in HR, ribbies, runs, walks, and KILLS him in stolen bases (34 to 5). But I guess Larry can hang his hat on BA and OBP. Chipper is a much better fielder, but can't play a full year anymore.

Then again, Wright is still at least 3 years away from his athletic prime. I think a great question will be who will have the better career. Obviously, Wright has alot of work to do to catch up to a great like Chipper, but it could be interesting.

gdawg0987
09-26-2007, 11:07 PM
that being said, his error that led to 3 unearned runs tonight really put the hurt on us..

Yeah, screwed us good. That throw was nowhere close. He's bailed us out a lot this year too though. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Exist 2 Inspire
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM

Wright leads Chipper in HR, ribbies, runs, walks, and KILLS him in stolen bases (34 to 5). But I guess Larry can hang his hat on BA and OBP. Chipper is a much better fielder, but can't play a full year anymore.
Ah but you do have to consider Chipper's injury. In 156 games and 588 at-bats, Wright has 2 more HR's and 5 more RBI's than Chipper has in 130 games and 501 at-bats.

But like you say, one season doesn't define anything. It all comes down to who has the better career in the end. IMO David Wright is definitely overrated though.

johnny87
09-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Then again, Wright is still at least 3 years away from his athletic prime. I think a great question will be who will have the better career. Obviously, Wright has alot of work to do to catch up to a great like Chipper, but it could be interesting.

wright played alot more games and barely is beating out Mr. Larry wayne in those categories. I hope chipper would of had like 5 rbis and 2 hrs in those 30 games LOL.

Not only am i saying an aging chipper is better but miguel cabrera is hands down the superiour player. So Wright can barely hold on to his 3rd best 3B in the east status

CAKES THE GREAT
09-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I'd love to see the Mets choke the division away.

Let's go Fightin' Phils.

snuffiluffigus
09-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Mets are losing. Great

wsuwarrior
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I want the Mets to win so we can stop hearing about Rollins being the MVP. Prince Fielder is the NL MVP...get over it.

GApump
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I want the Mets to win so we can stop hearing about Rollins being the MVP. Prince Fielder is the NL MVP...get over it.

Jimmy Rollins is the player I hate most in this league (serious), I would end his career if I could.

ProWrestleFan
09-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Why would you want to see Rollins end his career? Rollins is a loyal player to Philly. He keeps his mouth shut and goes out and does his job. For a long time he was underpaid and never said a word. He is one of the best infielders in baseball, loyal to the city, and loves the game. You can't ask for a better attitude in a player. AND, he is a great lead off hitter...

Oh and...

The Mets just lost to St Louis

Philadelphia is winning and about to tie the division...

Fv(k the Wildcard! We want the division!

GApump
09-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Why would you want to see Rollins end his career? Rollins is a loyal player to Philly. He keeps his mouth shut and goes out and does his job. For a long time he was underpaid and never said a word. He is one of the best infielders in baseball, loyal to the city, and loves the game. You can't ask for a better attitude in a player. AND, he is a great lead off hitter...

because I'm a hateful person and he always f*cks the Braves up....thats about it, I really wish he'd just decide to retire early I guess.

Clide Whit
09-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Matt holiday is making a strong case for mvp, colorado is on a hot streak winning 10 in a row, and have their eyes on the wildcard, and rollins is putting up one of the best statistical numbers from a shortstop ever, one more triple he will be the only guy in history to have a 30/30/30/30 season which is almost unheard of, he definitely will have strong consideration

ChiefGuy
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM

LOL... J Roll is the MVP, get over it, you don't like him because he's not on your team. A lead off short stop has never put up those numbers.

Looks like the Marlins have heated up at the right time to put the Mets out of their misery :D

Runngunn29
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM
wright played alot more games and barely is beating out Mr. Larry wayne in those categories. I hope chipper would of had like 5 rbis and 2 hrs in those 30 games LOL.

Not only am i saying an aging chipper is better but miguel cabrera is hands down the superiour player. So Wright can barely hold on to his 3rd best 3B in the east status
Well see one of the reasons that HURT chipper is that he cant stay healthy for a full year anymore at this age. There's more value in a guy that will play 160 games in a year then the guy who can be penciled in for having to take time off (e.g. Alou, Castillo, Delgado). Don't forget Wright has 30 more stolen bases. Thats big production that is for some reason left out when discussing Chip vs. Wright.

Cabrera is the better hitter but worse defensively, bad baserunner, slow, and is a cancer IMO. I swear that guy dogs it more than anybody, especially with the weight he keeps packing on.

GApump
09-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Cabrera is the better hitter but worse defensively, bad baserunner, slow, and is a cancer IMO. I swear that guy dogs it more than anybody, especially with the weight he keeps packing on.

agreed, personally I think Cabrera might become the poster boy for "unrealized potential," or he might just need a change of scenery, but he's slacking down in Florida.

GyM_RaT
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Hmmmm thats strange because in the last 10 games Wright is hitting .432 with 19 Hits and 7 RBI's. Check your facts before you make stupid comments. And if the Mets prevail and make it to the Post Season he will win the NL MVP Easily.

GApump
09-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Hmmmm thats strange because in the last 10 games Wright is hitting .432 with 19 Hits and 7 RBI's. Check your facts before you make stupid comments. And if the Mets prevail and make it to the Post Season he will win the NL MVP Easily.

lawz, don't be such a homer man, Wright won't get above 4th in the MVP, especially with his team basically falling apart around him the last week or two.

SpeedDemon9
09-28-2007, 07:55 AM
It's between J-Roll and Fielder to win it. Holiday should place third in the MVP race.

GyM_RaT
09-28-2007, 07:55 AM
lawz, don't be such a homer man, Wright won't get above 4th in the MVP, especially with his team basically falling apart around him the last week or two.

True but like Willie Randolph said after last night's loss, tomorrow is the beginning of a new season. Forget about the last few weeks because its clutch time baby. We will see what happens my friends, we will see.

LETS GO METS!!!!

CAKES THE GREAT
09-28-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm on the bandwagon...get 'em Phils.

http://blogs.menupages.com/philadelphia/20070710phillies.gif

GyM_RaT
09-28-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/NL/NYM_1235.gif

LETS GO METS

gdawg0987
09-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, Braves are out now...Might as well see the Phils steal it from the Mets.

If we can't go to the series, I sure don't want the Mets too.

GO PHILLIES!

GyM_RaT
09-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, Braves are out now...Might as well see the Phils steal it from the Mets.

If we can't go to the series, I sure don't want the Mets too.

GO PHILLIES!

The NL East has been all about Atlanta and the Mets and you would rather see Phillie prevail??? Considering they just ruined your post season chances I would expect you to root for the Mets. I must admit however from a spectator point of view, I would pick the Phillies over the Mets just by their determination and enthusiasm. But the Mets will rally back even though its a tie for first place and bring back that excitement we have been longing for since the beginning of the season.

Runngunn29
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Dude, I dont give a **** what his numbers have been over the past 10 days. You want Wright to win an MVP when he's been terribly unclutch in the most important part of the season? 3DP's in two games against the Nats (2 of them in huge spots), last week against Nats another DP in the eighth down 1 with two men on to end the inning, K in 9th against Philly, another K late in the game against Philly.

You can't come up small in that many big at-bats at this juncture of the year.

GyM_RaT
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Dude, I dont give a **** what his numbers have been over the past 10 days. You want Wright to win an MVP when he's been terribly unclutch in the most important part of the season? 3DP's in two games against the Nats (2 of them in huge spots), last week against Nats another DP in the eighth down 1 with two men on to end the inning, K in 9th against Philly, another K late in the game against Philly.

You can't come up small in that many big at-bats at this juncture of the year.

So getting the game winning RBI single in the 11th winning on Sunday wasn't clutch? or the fact he is the 3rd Met in franchise history with a 30-30? Yes the DP's were agravating but we can't expect him to go 4 for 4 everynight. We will see what he does in these three games because this is where it really counts, screw the rest of the season.

Btw do you post on the Mets Forum?

gdawg0987
09-28-2007, 01:41 PM
The NL East has been all about Atlanta and the Mets and you would rather see Phillie prevail??? Considering they just ruined your post season chances I would expect you to root for the Mets. I must admit however from a spectator point of view, I would pick the Phillies over the Mets just by their determination and enthusiasm. But the Mets will rally back even though its a tie for first place and bring back that excitement we have been longing for since the beginning of the season.

I don't blame the Phillies for putting us out of the playoffs. It was our own faults. They play 162 games, you can't put all the blame on any one series. It takes a whole season of losing to not get in the playoffs.

And since I despise the Mets, I want the Phillies to win it, now.

ChiefGuy
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
The NL East has been all about Atlanta

fixed.

Come one the Mets had one good season (last year) in the last 20 years. Braves have owned the NL East for nearly 15 years...

I've already got 2 of the home games playoff tickets, can't wait GO PHILS.

ProWrestleFan
09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Hopefully the Phils can rebound from the loss and come back!

COME ON PHILS!

jsheppard1
09-30-2007, 09:29 AM
As a Bravo's fan, I'm pulling for the Phillies. Smaller payroll, haven't gone to the playoffs in 13 years.....yeah, it's their time.

johnny87
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Well see one of the reasons that HURT chipper is that he cant stay healthy for a full year anymore at this age. There's more value in a guy that will play 160 games in a year then the guy who can be penciled in for having to take time off (e.g. Alou, Castillo, Delgado). Don't forget Wright has 30 more stolen bases. Thats big production that is for some reason left out when discussing Chip vs. Wright.

Cabrera is a FAR superior hitter. Mind you he bats in the middle of the Marlins lineup and still puts up better numbers then Wright.

Mets fans(and maybe some people who dont watch baseball) are probably the only people who think Wright had a better year all around then chipper.

CAKES THE GREAT
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Mets piss away a 7 game lead with 17 games to go, what a choke.

WishmasterATM
09-30-2007, 05:05 PM
so much fun..mets lost

Runngunn29
09-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I never knew so many Brave fans hate the Mets. We don't really hate you guys (maybe because our rivalry is separated location-wise) and respected the hell out of you and your players.

Oh well. Whatever. Congrats to the Phillies, we gave the division to you and you guys ran with it.

CAKES THE GREAT
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I never knew so many Brave fans hate the Mets. We don't really hate you guys (maybe because our rivalry is separated location-wise) and respected the hell out of you and your players.

Oh well. Whatever. Congrats to the Phillies, we gave the division to you and you guys ran with it.

Weird; when I was in college all the Mets fans I knew HATED the Braves with a passion...probably because Atlanta beats the Mets' asses just about every year.

Epihall
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM

Mets really suck

Alright, I'm quotin' it! J-ROL 4 MVP!

Runngunn29
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Cabrera is a FAR superior hitter. Mind you he bats in the middle of the Marlins lineup and still puts up better numbers then Wright.

Mets fans(and maybe some people who dont watch baseball) are probably the only people who think Wright had a better year all around then chipper.
Yea, the horrors of batting between Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla, and even Hermida (all potential all-stars.) Cabrera is the better RBI guy, but Wright can set up innings with his obp and stolen bases. Very good leadoff men steal 45 bases, youre getting 35 from the 3-hole. Mind you they have very similiar numbers outside of that. He's a better defensive player and baserunner too.

I'm not sure where Chipper has the better year. If he stays healthy maybe. They have similiar numbers with Wright leading most and then 30 extra SB's on top. I'm not being a homer as I ripped into Wright earlier. But your avoiding stats and just claiming that only people who dont watch baseball think Wright is better.

Runngunn29
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Weird; when I was in college all the Mets fans I knew HATED the Braves with a passion...probably because Atlanta beats the Mets' asses just about every year.
I and many other Met fans respected the Braves because of how they won championships (home-grown players). Besides that we were pissed they always beat us and the whole "Larrrrrry" thing, I didnt know alot of Mets that truly despised the Braves and their fans. Hell alot of us rooted for them in the WS against the Yanks.

johnny87
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Yea, the horrors of batting between Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla, and even Hermida (all potential all-stars.) Cabrera is the better RBI guy, but Wright can set up innings with his obp and stolen bases. Very good leadoff men steal 45 bases, youre getting 35 from the 3-hole. Mind you they have very similiar numbers outside of that. He's a better defensive player and baserunner too.

I'm not sure where Chipper has the better year. If he stays healthy maybe. They have similiar numbers with Wright leading most and then 30 extra SB's on top. I'm not being a homer as I ripped into Wright earlier. But your avoiding stats and just claiming that only people who dont watch baseball think Wright is better.

Go look up thier stats. All the categories wright led in was only by like 2 or 3 runs or 1 hr. It took him 30 extra games for that. While as chipper leads ba, slg, obp, ops by FAR. And chipper is the better fielder.

GApump
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I can't believe the Mets pissed that lead away.....I'm sure there are some ppl calling their coaches (randolph?) job.

Runngunn29
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Go look up thier stats. All the categories wright led in was only by like 2 or 3 runs or 1 hr. It took him 30 extra games for that. While as chipper leads ba, slg, obp, ops by FAR. And chipper is the better fielder.
Fair enough. We both have our position on the subject. I value Wright's speed and SB, and ability to play 160 games regardless of small injuries (even though it only led to an extra 10 runs/rbi and a homer). You value the overall production that you get from chipper's time on the field and his better defense.

From the beginning, I said I cant really view one as clearly better (I'd lean towards Wright pre-collapse). But I still think your notion that only people who dont watch baseball or are biased think that wright's year is better is absurd.

Runngunn29
09-30-2007, 06:50 PM
I can't believe the Mets pissed that lead away.....I'm sure there are some ppl calling their coaches (randolph?) job.
Oh yea. He's getting hell and alot of people want him gone 100%. But I cant blame it on him. He doesnt throw meatballs that go 500 feet and doesnt K in clutch situations. The only thing is that I wish he'd be able to get the players better prepared for battle because they became complacent and too cocky and couldnt flip the switch when the time came.

That said, if he is gone I wont shed a tear. I like him and he's a great person from all accounts but someone is going to get the blame for it, it'll probably be him.