PDA

View Full Version : whats a good multi brand?

shrimpster
05-12-2005, 08:35 PM
i was thinking of buying some multis todays. i dont take them, but my economics teacher was talking about multis a few days ago, and said that he takes the kirkland ones. hes a pretty old guy, but he also looks/seems pretty healthy =p

anyways, ive heard some different views and opinions from people before and was hoping to get more here. i havent really done much research on this yet, i got finals to study for at the moment....but ive heard that getting cheap multis like centrum or kirkland doesnt really help much because they dont absorb as well. i also just got done reading through some posts here where people say they take more than 1 of these a day. do any of you multi takers even realize a "difference" in your health or whatever after taking one for a few months?

Sixpack
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Almost anyone will be fine, I like AST or Optimen etc you would prob be fine with Centrum etc also

brassmonkey
05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
i like beverly int., sometimes the super pak when training is super intense and then sometimes the ultra 4

UberPooper
05-12-2005, 09:11 PM
go to walmart and get you some "One-Source Adult High Potency" multis. Excellent product at an excellent price. You don't need anything fancy.

biggunther
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Optimum is cheap and good. ISS also.

Jox
05-12-2005, 09:47 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=61820

mistermuscles
05-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I like AST Multi Pro 32X.

Bajarock3
05-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I like Mega Men

shrimpster
05-12-2005, 10:50 PM
so how many of you guys take more than 1 "one-a-day" multi a day?

did i word that correctly? =/

apco
05-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Just pick your self up a good EFA, Calcium and mineral formula,B-complex and a good antioxident like ESTER C.

MAKE SURE:
B-COMPLEX INCLUDES..............
b1,b2,b3,b5,b6,folic acid,b12,choline(these are all water soluable)Take before and after workout.
CALCIUM INCLUDES................
Absolutly no CARBONATE or CORAL CALCIUM.
A CARBONATE AND CITRATE IS O.K. BUT MAKE SURE IT HAS D3,PHOSPHORUS,MAGNESIUM,ZINC,PATASSIUM,SELENIUM, AND IF COMES WITH MORE MINERALS IT IS GREAT. YOU NEED THESE FOR PROPER ABSORBTION.
ESTER C should just be ESTER C no other bio Flavones or that other cramp that the sometimes come with. The Bio Flavone molucles are to big for your liver to break down. Also Grape seed extract is a great buffer to Ester C the work very well together.

ANIMAL PAK has a very good combination and it does work well but not really high end.
Multi's are senseless to take because your body can not break down and use 1 pill with the same absorbtion rate for all those differant vit's. Each vit. should be separatly digested with different aboration rates(they can do this by cotting each one with enzymes) so your body can get the most from them. So UNIVERSAL has the right IDEA.

OR you can take a multi and your body will use maybe half of it....

ultrA_Cowboy
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I use Costco/Kirkland Premium Performance multi.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10043238&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1

RippedUp
05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
AST and Solgar do good multis.

CHUCK DIESEL
05-13-2005, 09:30 AM
There is tons of whats the best multi threads......when in doubt...search it out.

Silverback51
05-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Don't take Centrum or a tablet based vitamin. They are synthetic.....garbage. Get a capsule, or a liquid, period. Your absorption rates will be better, antioxidant levels higher, and you will feel it. You'll feel better.

shrimpster
05-14-2005, 11:04 AM
http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?threadid=177708&highlight=animal+warning

have you guys read that before? i found that in the link jox posted yesterday, around 8-10 pages into it, i tihnk

so...its basicaly saying that "animal" products really arent that great...right? thats what im getting from it, but there seems to be alot of people talking about how great that stuff is.

i was leaning towards AST or animal, but after seeing that post, i think ill go get me some AST and some extra zinc pills....so....anyone know a good brand for zinc pills? =]