PDA

View Full Version : eating right while traveling

Keeloo
09-26-2007, 08:11 AM
alright, so im on the other side of the country at this recruitment camp, and there isn't a whole lot around me. theres a subway, an italian eatery, a denny's a couple gas station, a few fast food joints and a liqour store. oh and the hotel restaurant is way expensive and possibly the ****tiest restaurant i've ever eaten at.

UnorthodoxFtnes
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
alright, so im on the other side of the country at this recruitment camp, and there isn't a whole lot around me. theres a subway, an italian eatery, a denny's a couple gas station, a few fast food joints and a liqour store. oh and the hotel restaurant is way expensive and possibly the ****tiest restaurant i've ever eaten at.

So can you clarify exactly what your wanting to know? No food market?

With what you have provided, sounds like subway and the liquor store are your best bet...

The Solution
09-26-2007, 09:18 AM
so where is the grocery store? just curiousi know they have to have something along that lines around there..

Big_Spaz
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Subway Club with Double Meat.

That's all you need man, what's the problem :D

-Spaz

Keeloo
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
im in calgary across from the olympic park, so unless i want to drive downtown there is no food market, and i cant always be eating meat before i run and such. closest like general store with like milk and other goodness is the gas station. I'm wanting to know ways to keep energy level up along with trying to keep a proper diet (as in not eating mcdonalds and wendy's)

UnorthodoxFtnes
09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
...Dont you have a refridgerator? Buy enough food to last a week from the store so you dont have to go every day.

The Solution
09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah buy up in bulk that will last you a week or so.. cook it all up on a day when u have time.. store it in tupperware in the fridge/freezer for the week it will be fine

buy in bulk foods like

chicken
eggs
oats
milk
peanut butter
Almonds
Whole Wheat Breads
Deli Meats
Brown Rice

does the trick

Keeloo
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM
it'd cost like 40 for cab each way, and there isn't much room in the fridge. theres already some milk and other things that need to be refrigerated, along with my coaches beer. (its a mini fridge) but uh, i guess this thread was kind of pointless since there isn't anything around. thanks for the replies anyways.

jdob22
09-26-2007, 04:06 PM
subway isn't great, but you could do a lot worse

12" turkey without cheese = 560 calories, 36 g protein, 46 g carbs

carbs are a little high, but you could do a lot worse.....

Evan2007
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Go to the liquor shop, stock up, get totally smashed and then u won't really care about the lack of options.....

nah seriously, Subway sounds like the best bet

clm12704
09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Subway Club WRAP with double meat. You're welcome. ;)

Sixpack
09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree :)

Subway Club with Double Meat.

That's all you need man, what's the problem :D

-Spaz

Dm84
09-27-2007, 06:34 AM
The Italian eatery doesn't sound like a bad bet either.

You could get some chicken with veggies and pasta.