PDA

View Full Version : Manly Dinner #1

PyroBurns
09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
This recipe is extremely high in saturated fats and cholesterol. Awesomely super awesome for bulking in my opinion. I'm pretty sure it raised my testosterone because suddenly I have no interest in interior decorating or strawberry banana smoothies.

Anyway, to the recipe:

Beef round steak, with fat on it, cut up in pieces. Hopefully less than .5 inches thick, and maybe 1 inch long and wide. But that doesn't matter.

All you have to know is to sear these pieces in lard. Then throw in some cinnamon, cumin, coriander, and cocoa powder in. About 1 part for the first three, and 3 parts for the cocoa. Then when the meat is browned, pour in a pint of heavy cream. Then reduce by simmering for a while with no lid. Add Xanathin Gum if the sauce doesn't reduce properly, and/or the cream "breaks".

Turns out great! But I'd rather have you guys experiment by not cutting the steak up, marinating it in a paste made of the lard, and the spices (save for 2 parts of cocoa which you should put in the cream) then making the sauce separate. Because the beef tasted a little silly to me. Not bad, but not godly like I was hoping for. Hopefully not too much lard will come off when it's being grilled, but if you are concerned you could always just eat a chunk (Don't be scared).

Tootella
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
wait... did you just put cocoa powder in with beef?

Eileen
11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Cocoa is great in savoury sauces. It's a classic in chili con carne.

PyroBurns
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, and it turned out really good too.

If only I elaborated on this recipe. I don't remember anything about it. :/

jaim91
12-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Haven't tried the recipe myself, just wanna say I love the name of this thread ;)