PDA

View Full Version : To much bulk?

MrFun4000
09-25-2007, 04:14 AM
So i started bulking about a month ago and have been pretty happy with my gains, 2 lbs a week. I know most is muscle cause i work out 6 times a week for about 2 hours each day and on top of that i do cardio about 8-9 times a week to prevent as much fat gain as possible, cant help it just love working out. And yes i still make up for the calories and have a complete rest day. However this past week i added in cottage cheese right before bed and a protein shake at like 2 in the morning. Now iv gained almost 4 pounds in the last week. Should i bring back down my calorie intake or do you think its fine since im lifting so much? And if i should bring it down should i take out the night eating or lower daily intake so i can continue to constantly eat?

Rodzilla
09-25-2007, 04:19 AM
id leave the cottage cheese, and take something out earlier in the day to even it out, and also forget about the shake at 2am

4lbs is way to fast if you ask me
2 is rather quick itself

MrFun4000
09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks man, thats what i was thinken.

nickdow
09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Slow down.

I'm not sure if you being 19 will allow you to keep that pace but that 4 lbs in a week is either water weight (did you just begin creatine or carb up?) or mostly fat.

Muscle building is a slow process and you're trying to build too quickly.

Here, read this article before you regret all the fat gains later:

Truth about Bulking (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956)

MrFun4000
09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Saw that article before but never sat down to read, glad i did. Heres what throws me off though. My maintanence is about 3000 calories and i eat just about 3000 calories a day maybe 3200. Is it possible since i used to underfead the **** outta myself now my body dosnt need as much?