PDA

View Full Version : I made some really good cookies tonight.

dapper
05-06-2005, 08:53 PM
I had an idea a few days ago about Quaker Oatmeal No Bake Cookies. I got the recepie and here we go.

2 cups sugar (I used Splenda instead)
1/2 cup low fat milk (I used No Fat Skim Milk)
1 Stick Butter (I used I can't believe it's not butter sticks. 1 Stick)
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used 1/3 or 1 scoop On 100% Whey protein powder, double chocolate)
3 cups quaker oatmeal.

The directions say to combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat, stir in oats. Drop from tablespoon onto wax paper. Let stand till firm.

I did not put the protein powder in the pan with the other ingredents. I removed pan from heat, added the oatmeal. Stirred it in really good, then I added the protein powder. I know it was still warm but I don't know how hot the powder can get before it is no good. As soon as I got done stirring it in I started taking a spoon and spooning some in my hand, I packed it together and then put it on a cookie sheet with foil on it. I pressed each cookie a little. I just ate 2 of them. I think they tasted really really good. I would have to figure out the protein, carbs, and fat per cookie if I got like 24 out of the batch. I know On's protein has 23 grams per scoop. I think you might be able to use 2 scoops and it might even be better. I will try that next time.

So from my calculations I show the following nutritional values. If you get 24 cookies and each are same size.

43.95 calories each cookie
.83 grams of Fat per cookie
7.1 Carbs per cookie
2.4 grams of protein per cookie, if you use 2 scoops of the protein powder it comes up with 3.3 grams of protein per cookie.

Now most of the carbs well all but 10 come from the oats. Which are a low GI food. This might be a nice little thing to eat a couple of these what maybe an hour or so before you workout. Who knows a little energy, some protein. Probably need more than these but from a diabetic I don't think these are too bad at all for a sweet type snack.