PDA

View Full Version : Protein pancakes in the microwave?

luke77
09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of different stuff that I could take to work during the week and that isn't too weird-seeming (so that I don't get the weird looks from my colleagues), and protein pancakes are a pretty good c+p meal that I could make a huge batch of pretty easily on Sunday and take with me throughout the week. Unfortunately, I don't have a stove right now and don't know if my new place will have one that I'll have access to. Can you cook these in the microwave, like make a huge one in a bowl or something, and then dump and repeat? I know some people put egg whites in their oats - isn't this basically the same thing, and does the consistency turn out solid?

Thanks,
Luke

The Solution
09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
nothing wrong with eggwhites in ur protein panckaes

i use egg whites, milk, oats, and maybe a lil peanut butter to thicken them up a lil bit.. comes out great and easy

about microwaving them though.. thats going to be fairly odd.. i dont know how that would really come out bro

luke77
09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
No, I'm asking if you could use the recipe for protein pancakes and cook them in the microwave instead of on a griddle. Would they come out ok?

consciouschef
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Luke do you go on any other message boards? There is a guy on a football message board I frequent with your same login name.