PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese Question.. I tryed Searching

Bradentothemax
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Ok,

I see many people add Cinnamon to their Cottage Cheese to add some taste while they are cutting. Is this Ground Cinnamon or Cinnamon Sugar? they never say.. And if your cutting how much cinnamom sugar to add? What's the best thing to add while cutting to your cottage cheese?

IcyHot
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Ground cinnamon. If you want it sweet add 1 packet of splenda.

devman27
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
As far as cinnamon goes, use as much you want. Its caloric content is negligible. Even if you did use a ridiculous amount, just about half of it is fiber, and its filled with nutrients. Cinnamon is a great spice.

There are many things you can put in cottage cheese to "spice it up." Like the poster above me said, Splenda is a good calorie-free item to use to sweeten it up. Sugar-free jellies and jams (such as those made by Smuckers™ at the grocery store) are always tasty additions as well. They only have about 10 calories per serving. Another good thing to add are Walden Farms products. While they are a little more expensive than other products, Walden Farms stuff is really good. Try their marshmallow or chocolate dip (sugar-free). They're great to add to cottage cheese. Other companies (like Davinci) also make a wide variety of calorie-free syrups, which are delicious, and complement cottage cheese quite well. Good luck finding something tasty to add in there!

Bradentothemax
05-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I have Smuckers Sugar-Free Jam, but I shouldnt worry about the 5 Grams of Carbs?

t_dats
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
mmmmmmm oranges : )

devman27
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
I have Smuckers Sugar-Free Jam, but I shouldnt worry about the 5 Grams of Carbs?

Nope, I wouldn't as long as you don't go overboard on the stuff. Each serving only contains 10 calories anyway, not all of those carbs "count" per se.