PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Breakfast please!

shane the pain
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
As you know, I just went shopping yesterday, and started eating healthy, as of this morning.

I'm 5' 8", and I weight about 155 lbs. I know I need to add some muscle, but I wanted to start out cutting, because I've never had a 6-pack, and I want one! I don't think it will take me very long, then I'll go on a bulking cycle. I'll see if I can get a current picture of myself on here.

So for now, after much reading, I have decided to go on a 40/40/20 diet ration, consuming 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight.

Edit: Here, this picture was taken of me today:
http://www.realmenlovejesus.com/images/diet/me.jpg
(I tried to flex my abs, but not much is showing.)

For breakfast this morning, I had:

1 whole eggs + 3 egg whites = Carbs 0g, Protein 16.5g, Fat 4.5g
1/2 cup of Quaker rolled oats = Carbs 27g, Protein 5g, Fat 3g
8 oz fat free milk = Carbs 13g, Protein 9g, Fat 0g
1 apple = Carbs 23.8g, Protein 0.3g, Fat 0.6g
1 carrot = Carbs 16.3, Protein 1.7g, Fat 0.3g

For a GRAND TOTAL of: 80g Carbs, 32.5g Protein, 8.4g Fat

It seems a bit high on the carbs. I thought I was supposed to have a fibrous vegetable with every meal? If I'm eating Oats, should I skip out the Carrot? What about the fruit?

BTW, when I went shopping yesterday, I tried to buy everything everyone talks about on this forum, including some Splenda/Cinnamon/Honey to sweeten some of the blan things up. I was tempted to try some Splenda or Cinnamon on my Oats this morning, since this was my first time eating them, but I decided not to, because I wanted to down my first bowl of Oats like a man! All nice and plain, since I hear so many people on this forum fussing about them. They weren't that bad at all. I'll try the sweeteners later. I love all this eating healthy stuff!

It did take me about an hour to eat breakfast though, learning to prepare all this new stuff, and figuring out what to do. I'll have to get faster. hehe

Thanks, Shane

rockstarsar
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
IMO, you should bulk first. Cutting will not get you a six-pack if you have poor muscular development in that area.

shane the pain
05-02-2005, 03:16 PM
IMO, you should bulk first. Cutting will not get you a six-pack if you have poor muscular development in that area.

I didn't realize that. I do crunches everyday with my boxing. Is that enough?

I thought abs would show on anyone, when they're bodyfat % got low enough? This is news to me.

More opinions on this subject would be much appreciated.

Also, what should I take out if I wanted less Carbs for breakfast? Do fibrous veggies need to be added when there are Oats in the meal?

Thanks

unclejesse
05-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, i would definetely drop the carrot. Personally, i would have more oats and drop both the carrot and the apple. Have like a cup of oats (dry) and your eggs. Oats taste ALOT better when you throw in some splenda and cinnamin. The oats have enough fiber so i wouldnt say you need any veggies.

BTW what kind of oats are they? Quick or Old Fashioned?

shane the pain
05-02-2005, 09:19 PM
BTW what kind of oats are they? Quick or Old Fashioned?

Quaker Old Fasioned Rolled Oats

I would have bought steel cut, because they're supposed to be less processed, from what I've read, but Sam's Club didn't have any, neither did Walmart, so I had to buy the Rolled Oats.

I know I can order some steel cuts, and maybe I will, not sure yet. I need to order some things online that I can't get at the stores near my house.