PDA

View Full Version : Please Help... Muscle are locking up

Milkman2
05-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

For the last week or so my muscles are locking up if that is the correct way to put it. For example I was just flexing my triceps (havent worked them out in a week) and they just kind of felt stuck or sore just from doing that. Or I was reaching over wash my back in the shower and my forearm got that same stuck feeling. Another example I was yawning and my jaw muscle got kind of stuck and to pull my head in the other direction to get rid of that stuck feeling.

I am getting plenty of rest...
taking creatine
multivitamin
protein
ZMA

Any possible reasons?

CrackAddictX03
05-01-2005, 04:36 PM
dont worry about it man. Had it for a while, i believe its normal. Never got in my way or nothin.

LastIncarnation
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you are cramping, and I'd bet that it is from the creatine. You can try to start drinking a LOT more water, or you might want to consider going off the creatine. I had similar things happen the last time I was on creatine, but it was with my pecs and my quads.

TinyMan
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I'd agree to either consume more water or lay off the creatine for a bit (or both), but also how is your stretching routine? If you're working out without stretching, there may be a correlation there (I'm really not sure if they are correlated, it's just a guess). Make sure you're adequately stretching before training, and working on general flexability.

To me, it also sounds like your muscles may be tight, and possibly not returning to a truly relaxed state.

Tinyman

Derek6621
05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Potassium has always seemed to take care of the cramping and locking up of my muscles.

Just get some potassium in with your diet.

M4ttyboy
05-02-2005, 04:15 AM
cramping is lack of nutrrients within the muscle i think deficiency in calcium contributes quite a bit

mikd154
05-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Just make sure ur getting plenty of rest and water... it will prob pass over time. But if it peresists def think about gettin checked out by a doctor.