PDA

View Full Version : Shaking Arms?

rhysie21
09-20-2007, 06:35 AM
What does it mean when you get shaking hands or arms? Lately I would hold something in my hand and it would shake slightly. Does it have something to do with food? Does it have something to do with exercise (i haven't really been doing much)?
I have about 2350 calories a day (thats what I'm supposed to have). I have about 89.5 grams of protein a day. I'm not really eating meals though, just kinda snack stuff.... would that have anything to do with it?

rrrage
09-20-2007, 06:42 AM
is it after workouts?

muscle tremor most likely

...and HELLO fellow victorian!!

pologod05
09-20-2007, 08:00 AM
could be stressed muscles from lifting, lacking potassium (maybe, im not sure on that), or even a stressed CNS and/or PNS (tho the PNS part i think is questionable)

Want2BeStrong
09-20-2007, 08:27 AM
I used to have this before when I wouldn't eat for an extended period of time (ex: not eating all day until 5 PM). There is a term for it, but I forget what it is. Basically it's your body telling you "I NEED FOOD"

It's very bad and usually means your body is out of fuel and is destroying muscle tissue for energy.

Rodzilla
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
are you taking any stimulants?

%%%%
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Once I had to walk home with a 25 lbs bag. It was about 12-15 blocks. So that's a long way to go with something that heavy.

Sure enough, when I reached home I had the shaky hand feeling. It was so annoying when i tried to eat rice and the spoon kept shaking. I believe it's a result of over-working them.

When exactly did you get the shaky hand feeling? Was it right after you worked-out or lifted something heavy? If yes, then it's normal and it has something to with potassium. It means your body has had more than enough work.

If the answer is no in that the feeling didn't come after you lifted something heavy, then I don't know what it is.

daYDreAmErX
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I have a lot of muscle spasms... Potassium and magnesium really help me.

RTW2
09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=rrrage;79776973]
muscle tremor most likely
QUOTE]

I started having them a long time ago. You might just have a neurological disorder. A lot of people have them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremor

RippedLikePaper
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
this is probably due to caffeine.........my hands are so shaky now while im in class because i had 2tbl spoons of caffeine and some energy pills. i feel like im on crack, or at least look like one with my shaky hands lol. its a good buzz feeling tho

PadreC
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not really eating meals though, just kinda snack stuff.... would that have anything to do with it?

I would try eating meals and see if that helps. At 108lbs I'd think you should be looking for anything that is edible.

-Padre

green_kev
09-20-2007, 01:11 PM
when i work bies like today, my hands and arms shake like crazzy for a good hour after the work out, prob the same thing as you are getting.

rhysie21
09-21-2007, 06:12 AM
HAHAHHA! Yes... I do eat whatever I can find in my cupboards (bins are bad).
It's not after workouts. I think it would have something to do with Magnesium or Potassium or something... what foods have alot of it?

in10city
09-21-2007, 07:10 AM
It's not after workouts. I think it would have something to do with Magnesium or Potassium or something... what foods have alot of it?
Take your pick... bananas, raisins, etc.... are you taking a multi-vitamin? That may help too ...

Mg: http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-000120000000000000000-w.html
K: http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-000122000000000000000-w.html

Belloc
09-21-2007, 07:18 AM
could be a number of things my bet is that when you lift weights your veins constrict thus increasing blood pressure and making you shake little.

have your BP checked and see if it's normal and then have it checked again after lifting weights

MATT2388
09-21-2007, 07:31 AM
You have a ultra high metabolism. Burning calories at a fast rate. I never shake unless i do HIIT, or a full body workout, as my metabolism is not fast.

This explains why you shake when you take stimulants.

Aindreas
09-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Considering you only take in 2350 cals a day, I have a hard time believing that. Since you apparently have a pretty high metabolism, and that's all you're eating, I'd almost guess it could be hunger.

rhysie21
09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
But... I went on all them sites and they tell me to have 2100 to 2300 a day, so i have more then they tell me, and i dont include some things. AND I HAVE BEEN LOOSING WEIGHT AGAIN!!!! DAMNATION!!!!

siamesedream
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a lot of muscle spasms... Potassium and magnesium really help me.

x500000000000000000000

When I was in high school, supplementing with potassium and magnesium literally rocked the foundations of my life. I had huge problems with muscle spasms in my calves, and, genetically, I have gigantic, strong, muscular calves, so the pain i would go through at random points throughout the days of my life was un-freakin'-bearable. When I added in potassium and magnesium after suffering from this horrible affliction, the problem went away, and I effectively kicked the ass of my muscle-spasming-huge-calves genetics.

The Solution
09-21-2007, 07:23 PM
But... I went on all them sites and they tell me to have 2100 to 2300 a day, so i have more then they tell me, and i dont include some things. AND I HAVE BEEN LOOSING WEIGHT AGAIN!!!! DAMNATION!!!!

u put ur diet in the hands of a website.. thats when u know u got problems.. bro if ur not gaining its because ITS NOT ENOUGH.. period and simple.. ur 14 years old.. and ur body is growing.. dont make the mistake of trying to be dumb and not fuel it

enjoy ur teen years and dont look back thinking i only cared about eating clean and avoiding bad foods..

thats not the life u want to live.. in all opinion i would get up and get out and enjoy lift ur 14 years old. u only live once

but about potassium.. bananas are killer! id make sure u get 1 everyday

rhysie21
09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I do have a banana a day. And I'm saying I eat plenty of food, more then I should need to gain weight, but then I loose weight. All im saying is wtf?
I still have a life... its just more... boring.... because theres nothing much else for me to do... Geelong is a terribly boring place to be as a teenager. The most you could do is go to an overpriced movie, or go to the pool (but its too cold ALL the time). Being a mallrat doesn't sound exciting to me.

muruku
09-21-2007, 08:07 PM
everytime im done with my workout, my hand shakes so hard i cant even sign out of the gym proper. would supplementing potassium help?

JAYOPTICK
09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
when i get it, its usually due to low carbs..

eat a piece of fruit and its all good

siamesedream
09-21-2007, 09:03 PM
everytime im done with my workout, my hand shakes so hard i cant even sign out of the gym proper. would supplementing potassium help?

No, that's just called a good workout.

Supplementing with some Nyquil or Ambien before the workout may help, though.

Aindreas
09-21-2007, 10:42 PM

It's called high metabolism. Most tell me to have 2500-2700. I would lose weight on that. They're not absolutes. And dude, if you're losing your weight, it's obviously not enough. So eat more than you are now, it's that simple. Keep upping cals until you gain.

rhysie21
09-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks, I saw that im supposed to have 2500 too... so.... Ill try again tomorrow.... upping the damn calories.....

The Solution
09-22-2007, 03:28 AM
everyone is different and all of our metabolisms are the same.. being 14 years old ur going to need more because ur metabolism is faster

and BTW play some cricket if you get bored :) tons of mates around there im sure would want to play

rhysie21
09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I hate ball games. They are so boring... its more fun to bit sitting on my ass singing like a dragqueen who just got her throat slit. I prefer to go swimming or go to the playground or something....heheheheh, just cos im 15 soon doesnt mean I still cant have fun.
Yesterday I kinda had a little too much alcohol, and i threw up, and i lost another 600 grams. So I'm going to start again.. today...

Aindreas
09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I hate ball games. They are so boring... its more fun to bit sitting on my ass singing like a dragqueen who just got her throat slit. I prefer to go swimming or go to the playground or something....heheheheh, just cos im 15 soon doesnt mean I still cant have fun.
Yesterday I kinda had a little too much alcohol, and i threw up, and i lost another 600 grams. So I'm going to start again.. today...

Um...what the hell was any of that about?