PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Malnurished!!

Psychitsmike
09-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Need Help Fast!!

Life is hectic right now and my lifting and nutrition have gone down the grain. It depresses me just typing about. I got school and work which takes up 85% of my time and I rarely have time to make a proper meal. I could just take MRP stuff but I want real food. Any quick meal tips would be greatly appreciated. Stuff i could eat after class before i work and stuff i could eat at work. I now eat 2-3 meals if i'm lucky...

Thanks in advance!!

LiL USMC BBer
09-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Your not the only one that pulls shifts so long where you basically work/sleep

An excuse is just a way of being lazy.

It takes what under an hour probably to prepare 3-4 meals real quick and put them in tuppaware's for the next day. Or maybe several hours on ONE DAY of the week to prepare food for the week and freeze it.

Meal Preperation/Time Management are VERY valuable tools that you have to learn to use.

The Solution
09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Whole Wheat Sandwiches + Fruit + Almonds
Hard Boiled Eggs
Trail Mix
Granola
Whey Shakes
Can of Tuna / Chicken
Protein Bars * See Stickies
Peanut Butter
Milk
Cottage Cheese
Brown Rice
Oatmeal
Leftovers in Tupperware
Cold Chicken Breasts
Turkey Deli Slices
Hard Boiled Eggs

pack up these things in tupperware and carry a lil cooler with you with them in it..

Psychitsmike
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Alright thanks, I liked how you had a lot of quick fixes i can eat during a break.

@ Spawn, if i took the time to get advice on what food to eat, its obvious that I do care about what i eat. It has nothing to do with laziness. I never once mentioned how I didn't want to cook anything but WHAT to cook. There is an obvious difference. So get off your high horse and if you cant answer the question then don't post.

latverian
09-20-2007, 12:15 PM
make some pre cooked meals at the end of the nighr before bed and store them in the fridge so that when you go back to your room they are waiting for you to eat.

Psychitsmike
09-20-2007, 12:34 PM
yea i just bought a lot of chicken that i'll have to cook after work. I basically eat chicken, rice, and some greens. I'll start taking CC, yogurt, and granola as a break time snack. That should give about 300-400 calories.

thanks

RippedLikePaper
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
eat slow digesting carbs, have flax seed oil, rice (brown/wild), peanut butter,almonds and other various nuts,yams,beans........just eat healthy un proccesed foods and supplement with a weight gainer as well

green_kev
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
dude you are just kidding yourself if you think you don’t have time, when I was on basic training, working 24 hours a day some times, I eat mostly all my own food, we would get one day a week off some times and I would go crazy and make stuff with the George Forman grill and stick it in my little plug in cooler that I hid, so don’t be telling me its to hard for ya. It might not be what you want to eat but you have to ask yourself how bad do you want it.

Army food is the craps by the way, everything is deep fried or covered in mystery sauce, lol. The only think that we would get that was good was hard boiled eggs, when those were out I would go to town of those bad boys, all the coarse officers would look at me like I was nuts.

Psychitsmike
09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
eat slow digesting carbs, have flax seed oil, rice (brown/wild), peanut butter,almonds and other various nuts,yams,beans........just eat healthy un proccesed foods and supplement with a weight gainer as well

Thanks, I'll substitute white rice for brown and add beans to my menu. Green beans correct? Nuts seem like the perfect togo snack too.