PDA

View Full Version : 40lbs of russet potatoes for $6.99!!

self_made_hawk
09-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Just saw this sale at my local store. Couldn't pass it up being a broke college kid and all. So russet potatoes are a okay carb source right?!

djansen
09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
no, they are horrible! take them all back or throw them out.

Yes they are fine, have a high GI but give them company (fats, protein) and your golden. a good source of folate and other nutrients.

Oddball8945
09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Just saw this sale at my local store. Couldn't pass it up being a broke college kid and all. So russet potatoes are a okay carb source right?!

yea, potato's are good, but i don't think your going to eat them all before they go bad , but for 7 bucks who cares i guess

Edit:You should actully make mashed potato's out of like half the bag & Freeze it pre portioned, that way you'll have somewhat of a meal ready to eat in the freezer

The Solution
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
yea, potato's are good, but i don't think your going to eat them all before they go bad , but for 7 bucks who cares i guess

Edit:You should actully make mashed potato's out of like half the bag & Freeze it pre portioned, that way you'll have somewhat of a meal ready to eat in the freezer

i doubt his freezer in college being prob a small fridge could fit much of those potatoes in there..

but nothing wrong with some potatoes maybe on a lil higher on the GI side comapred to sweet potatoes or brown rice or oats or whatever.. but for 7 bucks.. damn good deal i would say bro!

Jell0
09-17-2007, 06:51 PM
if you have a cool dark place to store them they will last much longer. I have some friends who grew there on potatoes and they stored them in the crawl space under there house and they last for months but I think a box would do in your case but make sure you have a few holes in it so air can circulate.

MattyH7688
09-17-2007, 07:11 PM
wow, r u gonna feed the rest of your college with those potatoes too?

i bet u dont get through more than 5 lbs before they go bad

Aindreas
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
if you have a cool dark place to store them they will last much longer. I have some friends who grew there on potatoes and they stored them in the crawl space under there house and they last for months but I think a box would do in your case but make sure you have a few holes in it so air can circulate.

Yeah, potatoes last forever if you store them properly. My mom grew up on a farm, and they would store potatoes in the cellar for months and months, and they'd be fine.

self_made_hawk
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
lol well i actually I eat 6 meals a day and ate potatoes 5 out of the 6 times. I cut them up into potatoe wedges and bake them till they get a bit crispy and then put chyenne pepper on them. I'm really broke right now and these will be my main carb source other then oatmeal

tinyman5000
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Cheap Ground beef+onions+potatos+oil or butter+griddle/frying pan=healthy fat/protein/carb source.