PDA

View Full Version : Batteryrequired Blue Rhino Log

batteryrequired
04-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I received my Blue Rhino today just in time for the start of my workout week. Chest and Tris today. Directions are to take 2 tabs 30-45 min. before workout. Last week did chest and could do 90lb dumbbells 3 sets for 4-6 on flats, tried the 100lb's but didn't have the energy or the strength even with assistance. Today after Blue Rhino I was able to pump up the 100lb dumbbells with no assistance 2 sets for 6 reps and one set of 5 reps. What a boost! Last week on inclines was only 70lb. dumbbells...3 sets 4-6. Today 1 set 80lb dumbbells for 5 reps and 2 sets of 70lb for 6 and 5 reps. Back and bi's are tomorrow.

chlaxman
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Good luck with the log.

batteryrequired
04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Ok...some stats since I didn't do that yesterday. 43 years of age, 6'3" tall, 193lbs yesterday before workout. Body fat is anywhere between 10-12% I would guess. Last summer at this weight it was 10% using calipers. Chest-47 1/2" Waist-36" Thigh-23 1/2"(yes...been neglecting this area...lost approx. 5-10lbs in this area alone). Bi's 16 1/4" Calves-16"

Today...194lbs. (still 6'3....lol) Back and bi day. 3 sets of pullups w/ 25lb. dumbbell weight between feet. 2 sets 6 reps....1 set 5 reps. Wide grip pull downs...2 sets @ 160lbs. 8 reps ea. 1 set closegrip pulldowns @ 160lbs. 8 reps. Seated cable rows @ 175 lbs. 2 sets 6 reps. Back hyperextension w/ 35lb. plate...2 sets 10 reps.
Bi's----hammer curls w/ 45lb dumbbells, 2 sets @ 6 reps ea. Ez-bar curls w/ 85lbs of weights...2 sets @ 6 reps. 1 set 35lb. incline curls 6 reps. Straight bar rev. curl w/ 10lb. 7 reps.

I have been mostly training using the Max-OT system which primarily consists of high weight and low reps. It has helped me tremendously in gaining strenght and size since I am a hardgainer. My diet is fairly clean as I eat every 3 hours. Supplements other than Blue Rhino is maintaining creatine taken after my workout along with glutamine and whey protien shake. I drink 4 protien shakes daily. I am one of those that tends to loose weight if I don't keep up the protien intake. Tomorrow is my off day to rest and then leg day will be Thursday nite.

Hibiscus09
04-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Maybe if you and yours quit doing all that extra "cardio" you could put on some weight. ;)

Good luck with the Blue Rhino -- sounds like things are going well so far! :)

batteryrequired
04-27-2005, 01:55 AM
With all this extra Test?!??! I think not! LMAO

batteryrequired
04-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Leg day today. Weight 194lbs.
Started out after warmups...
Hack squats- 3 sets of 5 reps @ 300lbs.
45 degree sled leg presses-2 sets of 6 reps @ 660lbs.
Deadlifts- 2 sets of 6 reps @ 365lbs.
Ham curls-1 set of 6 reps @ 70lbs. and 1 set same weight for 4 reps.
Seated Calf raises-1 set of 10 reps @ 200lbs. and 1 set same weight for 8 reps.
Standing calf raises- 2 sets of 9 reps @ 290 lbs.

Felt very strong tonite on legs. This is my 3rd leg day since starting back on legs again. Much stronger than last week. I do not have any jitters like some people are experiencing. So far so good. Tomorrow is shoulder day.

visionbuilder
04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Is this stuff available yet? Sound good so far!
Not to be too personal but any change in libido?
Thanks and good luck
Vision

CONTROLLED LABS
04-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks and good luck
Vision

should be up on bb.com within a day or two. you can see it so far on www.controlledlabs.com

visionbuilder
04-29-2005, 05:49 AM
should be up on bb.com within a day or two.
Cool, May 1 is my birthday so I'll try it out. 44 oofff
I'll start my own log...
Thanks Tank
Vision

batteryrequired
04-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks and good luck
Vision

Not at all Vision...Libido is still very strong. I really don't think mine ever dropped according to my wife...lol. If anything its kicked it up a few notches for me. So if your worried it will drop or anything, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Off to do shoulders now!

visionbuilder
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
bump

batteryrequired
04-30-2005, 06:19 AM
Wow...had an awesome shoulder workout tonite gang. Felt stronger than I have ever felt doing shoulders. Weight today is 195lbs.
Started out with :

Side lateral raises (warmups); then 3 sets of 6 reps @ 30lbs. (25 last week). the last 2 reps on last set I really had to focus on form so as not to injure myself.
Arnold dumbbell presses: 1 set 7 reps @ 60lbs. and 1 set 6 reps @ 60lbs (last week was 50lbs)
Front lateral raises: 2 sets of 7 reps @ 25lbs.
Rear lateral: 2 sets of 8 reps @ 30lbs.
Shoulder shrugs: 2 sets of 7 reps @ 285lbs.
Upright rows: 2 sets of 6 reps @ 105lbs.

By the way...post workout is generally 1 serving of creatine w/ glutamine added followed up 15 min. later with whey protien and then lots of food. It being Friday nite...It was plenty of pizza. Not the best I know...but being a hardgainer I don't have to really worry about excess weight.
So far, still no adverse effects from Blue Rhino. Wife notices that I am more alert though. This is a good thing as raising 3 kids tends to wear a parent down real quick by the end of the week. Have a great weekend!

visionbuilder
04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
bump

JRRBadBoy4Life
04-30-2005, 12:30 PM
You seem to be having similar gains as I am having. Most noticeably in strength. I just feel as though I have an extra burst of power. Have to wait a few weeks to see if it has much effect on size. But so far seems like a good product for strength gains.

batteryrequired
04-30-2005, 08:40 PM
JRRB...you will undoubtably get some size increase. That comes from lifting heavier. Hope you took some measurments before-hand so that you can compare.

Had today off and will have tomorrow off as well for rest days. Will hit chest and tri's hard again on Monday. May not get to post right away due to kids activities at school that nite.

CONTROLLED LABS
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
JRRB...you will undoubtably get some size increase. That comes from lifting heavier. Hope you took some measurments before-hand so that you can compare.

Had today off and will have tomorrow off as well for rest days. Will hit chest and tri's hard again on Monday. May not get to post right away due to kids activities at school that nite.

looks good, keep it up bro.

batteryrequired
05-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Ok...it's early am and posting yesterdays Chest/Tri workout. Busy nite w/ the kids events.
Weigh in at 195 lbs.

Dumbbell presses: 1 set 100lb @ 6 reps, 1 set 100lb @ 4 reps, 1 set 90lb @ 6 reps (last one forced)
Dumbbell incline presses: 1 set 70lb @ 7 reps, 1 set 70lb @ 6 reps (weak nite on inclines for some reason)
Dumbbell decline presses: 1 set 80lb @ 6 reps, 1 set 80lbs @ 4 reps

Tri scull crushers on EZ bar: 1 set 70lbs. @ 9 reps, 2 sets 80 @ 6 reps
V-bar pushdowns: 1 set 80lbs @ 6 reps, 1 set 80lbs @ 5 reps
Dips w/ 25lbs: 1 set 7 reps, 1 set 5 reps.

Felt stronger as the workout progressed. Arms can feel it already this morning :) Measured arms last nite after workout...a nice 17" which is good for me. Been trying to break platau on arms for a few months now. Today is Back and Bi's.

Hibiscus09
05-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Looks like you're doing great with it so far, battery!! You didn't invite me for pizza. I want some pizza. :D

Dutchman
05-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Keep up the good work Battery. I am following your trial with interest and hope. I could use a good boost in total and free test. This sounds good!

batteryrequired
05-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Well Hibby, I would have gladly shared our pizza with ya. :) Unfortunately if I do decide to do this contest thing on July 10, that may have been my last slice for a while :(

You may have to give this a whirl Dutchman...and let us all know what it does for you.

Ok, back/bi day today. Weigh in at 194lbs (stayin steady at that weight)

Wide grip pullups w/ 25lbs. 1st set 8 reps, 2nd set 7 reps, 3rd set 6 reps.
Wide grip pulldowns: 180lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 2nd set @ 5 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 180 lbs 1 set @ 5 reps, 2nd set @ 4 reps
Cable rows: 180lbs 2 sets 6 reps each
Back hyperextensions w/ 45lb. plate: 1 set @ 10 reps, 2nd set @ 8 reps

Bi's
Hammer curls 45lb dumbbells 2 sets @ 6 reps each
EZ bar curls: 70lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 2nd set @ 5 reps
Incline curls: 35lb dumbbells 2 sets @ 6 reps each
Rev. straight bar curl 10lbs each side: 2 sets @ 5 reps each

I also did some ab work in between some sets. Hanging ab raises 3 sets of 7 reps per side @ , and reverse cable crunches w/ 60lbs for 3 sets @ 10 reps each

Felt a little on the weak side for some reason today. Probably from working abdominals in between sets. Don't think I will do that again unless I am going to cut. Went home and mixed my creatine w/ glutamine, then whey protein shake, then half hour later with a baked sweet potato and chicken breast. Good stuff Maynard!
Tomorrow is an off day.

batteryrequired
05-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Leg day today. Weigh in at 196lbs.
Hack Squats: 4 sets of warm-ups
3 sets of 6 reps @ 300lbs
45 degree sled leg presses: 2 sets of 6 reps @ 680lbs. (increase from last)
Deadlifts: 2 sets of 4 reps @ 365lbs. (weak today for some reason on this)
Leg ext: 2 sets of 8 reps @ 150lbs
Lying ham curls: 1 set of 8 reps @ 60lbs. and 1 set of 6 reps @ 60lbs.
Seated calf raises: 2 sets of 8 reps @ 220lbs. (increase)
Standing calf raises: 1 set 10 reps @ 260lbs. & 1 set 10 reps @ 285lbs
Forgot to print out last weeks workout on legs to see what I had lifted so that is why some of the weights are off on some things. Hoping the body weight continues to increase gradually. Tomorrow shoulders!

Hibiscus09
05-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Nice workouts, battery! Yep - no more pizza for you! :eek:

batteryrequired
05-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Shoulder and traps today....felt pretty strong today. Weigh in at 195lbs.

4 sets of warmups on side laterals
Side lateral raises: 3 sets of 6 reps @ 30lbs.
Arnold presses: 2 sets of 6 reps @ 60lbs.
Front lateral raises: 2 sets of 6 reps @ 30lbs (increase from last week)
I then did 3 quick drop sets on this, 4 reps each on 25, 20 & 15 lbs to totally fry my shoulders.
Rear delts: 1 set of 6 reps @ 30lbs, 1 set of 6 reps @ 25lbs.
Shoulder shrugs: 1 set of 10 reps @ 280lbs., 1 set of 8 reps @ 280lbs.
Upright rows: 2 sets of 6 reps @ 105lbs.

Shoulders felt pretty fried after that burn out set. Saturday and Sunday are rest days (right). Have a pretty full plate as it is this weekend. Came right home to start topping the pool off so that I can start cleaning it up and getting the pump and all hooked up for the summer, plus my boy and I did mowing. Tomorrow is all day baseball tournament for half pints to start of the season which I will only be able to make a game or two myself. Then it will be off to the pool store for chemicals and sand for the sand filter. Sweeping pool, gettin the rest of outdoor furniture out (half out already last weekend) then shopping for steaks for grilling on Mothers Day. No rest for the weary....lol.
Hope all you ladies have a great Mothers Day!

Hibiscus09
05-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Tell Pam Happy Mother's Day from me! :)

Have a nice, busy weekend! :D

batteryrequired
05-10-2005, 01:58 AM
No workout on Monday...Montezuma's Revenge hit me around 2:30pm and kept me home...hope this clears up soon. I feel great other than that minor problem that can become a major problem...lol.

batteryrequired
05-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Tuesday nite...still not up to par. That bug sapped the strength right out of me. Bland foods tonite. Oatmeal w/some protien this morning and a baked potato for supper. Man I hate this.

CONTROLLED LABS
05-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Tuesday nite...still not up to par. That bug sapped the strength right out of me. Bland foods tonite. Oatmeal w/some protien this morning and a baked potato for supper. Man I hate this.
feel better bro, keep a positive atitude, that always makes me heal faster. its mind over matter :)

Hibiscus09
05-11-2005, 04:56 AM
I sent you that cute Pillsbury Dough Boy video to cheer you up -- I thought that would make you feel better. Hope you get better soon. :D

batteryrequired
05-11-2005, 05:19 AM
That was real funny Hibby....LOL. I get no sympathy from my family either....LOL.
Well, its Wednesday morning and its back again. Thinking I may call the doctor to see what is up with this. I can't eat anything...goes right thru me. My weight will plumet! :(

Dutchman
05-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon BR. With you and two other testers getting ill I have some reservations but as usual I'm going with my gut. I am going to stack it with the Rebound XT which ups test by limiting SHBG. My theory is that that will improve the effectiveness of the Blue Rhino. We'll see LOL. Thanks for your log and the info.

batteryrequired
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Feeling much better today. Last nite food stayed in :) My azz was gettin sore...LOL. Anyways, it will be a while before my strength returns to normal again, so may just do some light workouts rest of this week and eat to get nutrition back into my body. Then hit it again on Monday. Man is it good to eat again. I would not make a good Ethiopian! LMAO

batteryrequired
05-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Ok gang. Was back at it again on Saturday morning for my workout. I had to do something this week. Besides, my wife has been wanting to do an upper body workout with me for quite a while now since she had switched over to aerobic and bench workouts with her friend. So it was nice working out with my old partner again in the gym :)
So we did chest/tris...I was afraid to see how weak I had gotten after that bout that I had all week long.
Weight...190lbs. :O
Dumbbell presses: 1 set of 100lbs @ 8 reps, 1 set of 100lbs @ 5 reps, and 1 set of 90lbs @ 6 reps. I was amazed.
Incline dumbbell presses: 1 set of 80lb. @ 4 reps, 1 set of 70lbs @ 6 reps (got to bold)
Decline dumbbell presses: 1 set 80lb @ 7 reps, 1 set of 80lb. @ 6 reps.

I will have to admit, I was getting pretty winded at this point. My energy level definitley is not what is was the week prior.

Skull crushers EZ-bar: 3 sets 80lbs. @ 6 reps each
V-bar pressdowns: 2 sets 80lbs. @ 6 reps, 1 set of 80lb. @ 5 reps
Body dips: 1 set w/ 25lb plate @ 6 reps, 1 set w/ no weight @ 10 reps.

I was literally wiped out! My energy level was totally wasted beyond normal, on the verge of the shakes. I didn't hold back on any of my weights but it sapped every little bit out of me. I also wondered if this didn't have to do with a morning workout as opposed to my usual late afternoon workout. I did eat one big huge bowl of oatmeal with some sweet-n-low and a scoop of vanilla whey protien an hour and a half prior to my workout.

My wife on the other hand is a hurtin puppy this morning :D She used to do 40lb dumbbell presses but figured she better stick to no more than 30lbs since its been a year of doing some intense weight workout. I am laughing. Even though the aerobics does a body good...she misses the intense gym work. Well, off to get some breakfast (see if shes made it outta bed yet...lol), Sunday paper and off to church.
Have a great day all! :)

batteryrequired
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Question for Tank. Would it be ok to keep taking Blue Rhino after the 30 days? Stuff is working great for me and would like to see what I could continue to accomplish for another month or two.

CONTROLLED LABS
05-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Question for Tank. Would it be ok to keep taking Blue Rhino after the 30 days? Stuff is working great for me and would like to see what I could continue to accomplish for another month or two.

Hey Bro, we suggest to use Blue Rhino for 2-3 cycles before switching off for a period of 30 days. in between each cycle (month) you should take 1 week off as a precaution. Although I have been taking it for 2 cycles straight and have not experienced any problems with that. :)

glad to hear it is working for you and the other testers here, some its working too well for ;)

batteryrequired
05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Great....thanks for the info Tank. Will do.

Today was shoulder day. Weigh in at 192lbs. Climbing back up there hopefully. Still feeling a bit weak yet.

Standing side lateral raises: 4 sets of warmups followed with:
2 sets of 30lbs @ 6 reps each, 1 set @ 5 reps
Arnold presses: 1 set of 50lbs @ 8 reps, 1 set of 50lbs at 6 reps (10lbs less than last time)
Standing front lateral raises: 1 set 25lbs @ 6 reps, 1 set 25lbs. @ 5 reps.
Rear lat on incline bench: 1 set 25lbs. @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 25lbs. @ 8 reps.
Shoulder shrugs: 2 sets 280lbs. @ 6 reps
Upright rows: 1 set 115lbs. @ 5 reps, 1 set 105lbs. @ 6 reps.

I am noticing things are looking much more cut than before...probably due to not being able to eat last week much. Sides at the waistline is trimming down somewhat as well. Stirations are showing up in shoulders big time now also. Hoping I can maintain eating clean and good for the next month or so putting on good lean mass and trimming down the bodyfat. Liking what I see so far. Would like to hit back up to 200lbs. lean mass by end of June, or at least close to it. Will post some pics soon. Might do this at end of May.

BiggJohn
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Noticing some of the same effects. Nice log batteryrequired.

batteryrequired
05-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks BigJohn.

Back/Bi nite
Weigh in at 192lbs.
Wide grip pullups w/ 25lbs. 1st set 8 reps, 2nd set 7 reps, 3rd set 6 reps.
Wide grip pulldowns: 150lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 2nd set @ 6 reps (went lighter on this...still feeling weak)
Close grip pulldowns: 150 lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 2nd set @ 6 reps
Cable rows: 180lbs 2 sets 6 reps each (this felt comfortable today for some reason...good hard squeezes on each contraction)
Back hyperextensions w/ 45lb. plate: 1 set @ 8 reps, 2nd set @ 6 reps

Bi's
Hammer curls 45lb dumbbells 1 set @ 6 reps each, 1 set @ 4 reps
Straight bar curls: 70lbs.: 1 set @ 6 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Incline curls: 35lb dumbbells 1 set @ 5 reps then drop sets down to 15lbs.

Still feel a little off yet on my lifting due to last week. Hoping leg day doesn't suffer. Also hoping body weight starts to increase some...have a tough time mentally with this one.

Hibiscus09
05-18-2005, 04:12 AM
You'll get your strength back, batts -- no worries. That wasn't a fun illness! :eek:

Nice job on the workout!

Happy Wednesday! :D

batteryrequired
05-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks Hibby. :)

Well Wednesday was cardio nite and did half hour HIIT.

Last nite had a meeting that cut into workout time. So I made that my ab nite at the gym for a short nite at the gym. Weighed in still at 192lbs. Tonite is my daughters pool side Hawaiian birthday party for her 14th birthday. 35 kids to be there...holy smokes, glad we recruited a few parents to help out watching over the kids. Will be interesting to see if any brave souls hop into the pool...has not been warm out here lately and the water is freezing cold yet...LOL. It might make it up to 68 degrees water temp. today....lol.
Tomorrow morning will be leg day. (if i get any sleep tonite)

batteryrequired
05-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Saturday morning was leg day. I managed to get up after a looooong nite with 30 kids at my daughters Hawiian themed pool side party (which i was made to take my shirt off a few times at her friends requests to pop a couple of bicep shots...lol). Thank God for a few of the parents that were there to help man the stations to help out watching them.
Ok...back to workout chat.

Weighed in at 191lbs. (being first thing in the morning I can accept this...lol)
4 sets of warmups on Hack Squat
Hack squats after warmups: 300lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, legs didn't want to get that last set up...so I stripped off the 25lbs off each side.
2 more sets of Hack Squats @ 250lbs. 6 reps each.
45degree angled sled presses: 660lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps.
Deadlifts:335lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 1 set @ 4 reps. I backed off on the weights on this due to hurting lower back on some ab work on Thursday. Feels better but didn't want to push it.
Ham Curls: 70lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 1 set 75lbs. @ 4 reps.
Leg Ext. 150lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Seated calf raises: 220lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps
Standing calf raises: 260lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps

I did the majority of these legs excersises focusing with some good hard contractions. This being Sunday morning I can really feel the effects of it.
Today will be cardio day.

batteryrequired
05-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Monday...crazy day and a wasted day timewise. Sitting in a doctors office for an hour and 15 minutes did not make me a happy camper...not to mention the hour and a half drive there and then back. So needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym as they would have closed by the time i got halfway thru a workout. So I opted to workout at home.
No weight tonite.
Started with warmups on incline bench
Incline bench press: 157lbs on straight bar 1 set @ 5 hard reps...dropped the weight to 146lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps and 1 set @ 5 reps
Flat straight bar bench: 200lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, 190lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Decline flys: 40lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Incline flys: 40lbs. dumbbells 1 set @ 6 reps
Skull crushers:100lbs on str. bar: 1 set @ 6 reps, 2 sets @ 5 reps
Press downs:66lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Rev. pressdowns: 33lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Dips: bodyweight: 1 set @ 8 reps

Messed up day so the workout just felt off tonite. I did discover a website from a fellow member in the 35 and older forum. www.fitday.com which is an awsome place to set up your diet. Works great. Tomorrow is back/bi day.

batteryrequired
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok...weigh in at 192lbs. and holding. Pants around the waist seem to be looser so I guess this is a good thing. Strength is coming back also :)

Pull ups w/30lb. dumbbell: 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps and 1 set @ 5 reps
Pull downs wide grip: 170lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps.
Close grip pull downs: 170lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Cable rows: 180lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps each
Back Hyper extension: w/ 35 lb. plate, 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps

Hammer Curls: 45lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Incline curls: 30lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
EZ bar curl: 70lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Rev. curl EZ bar: 50lb.s 2 sets @ 5 reps each

Abdominals
Hanging knee raisies: 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps
Cable crunches: 60lbs. 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps

Felt great tonite. Tomorrow nite is cardio nite. Still being encouraged to participate in the Bodybuilding show in my area in July...Think I am going to go for it. Will be posting pics soon for some help...boy do i need it...doing lots of research and holy smokes, I better get cracking on some things like posing and all. Any tips are appreciated.

batteryrequired
05-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Yesterday was cardio day. 30 min. of HIIT total including warmup and cooldown. Increasing the speed each time.

Hibiscus09
05-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Workouts are looking great, batts! Looking foward to seeing the pictures. :)

Happy Thursday!

batteryrequired
05-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Might give that a shot this weekend Hibby.

Yesterday was Shoulder day.
Weighed in at 192lbs.

Warmups on shoulder presses
Arnold shoulder presses w/ 60lb. dumbbells: 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Standing Side lateral raises w/ 30lb. dumbbells: 2 sets of 6 reps each
Seated front raises w/ 25lb. dumbbells: 1 set @ 6 reps, 20lb dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps
Rear lateral raises: 30lb dumbbells 2 sets of 8 reps each

Upright rows on straight bar: 50lbs 2 sets of 6 reps
Shrugs @ 280lbs.: 2 sets of 6 reps each

Workout felt great tonite.
Today they are having a pizza deal going on here at work for lunch...oh this is soooo tempting.

Legs are tonite, then cardio on Saturday. Gym closed all weekend for 3 days so I am sure Monday I will have to do chest at home again on straight bar. I like my heavy dumbbell work better...but boy did i feel it for a couple of days after that chest day at home. Changing to a straight bar really changed it up and my body responded to that so 2 weeks in a row for straight bar will do me good I am sure. Blue Rhino is still doing its stuff though. I get an energy boost still (with no jitters) Almost done with the bottle that was sent to me. I hope this has been helpful to Controlled Labs for their info. I would also like to thank them for choosing me as a test subject. I ordered another bottle to continue seeing what I can do to help prep me for the competition coming up. Hopefully I will continue to drop bodyfat and add lean mass at the same time. And per their instructions I will be taking a week off of the Blue Rhino before continuing on with it in order to cycle it. I will also be continuing to keep this thread going for those that are interested.

batteryrequired
05-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Today was leg day.
Weigh in and holding steady at 192lbs. (like gee...you didn't see that one coming... :D )

Hack squats warmups
Hack squats:270lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 2 sets @ 6 reps
45 degree leg presses: 630lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Deadlifts: 335lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Ham curls: 70lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Leg Ext.: 150lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Standing calf raises: 285lbs 2 sets @ 7 reps
Seated calf raises: 220lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps

Tonite felt very good for my leg workouts. I felt very strong...I was able to get very good squeezes in on each workout. My concentration was back the way that it should be. Think I am back on track again. :) Legs were wobbly on the way out to the car so I know it was an awsome workout!

Hibiscus09
05-28-2005, 05:08 AM
Very nice leg workout! :D You're doing great!

I'm only a couple of sips into my morning coffee, so I have to admit, my first reaction was "He's not from Utah!" How's that for blonde? :D

batteryrequired
05-28-2005, 03:13 PM
LMAO Hibby....glad to see I got someone with that one. :D My daughter Chelsea got a t-shirt for her birthday that says that...i love it

batteryrequired
05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Happy Memorial Day gang!

Today was chest/tris at home as local gym is closed today.
No scale for weigh in...good thing...today was pig out day and cheat day :)

Started with warmups on bench
Flat Bench press: 200lbs on straight bar 1 set @ 7 hard reps, 2 sets @ 6 reps
Incline straight bar bench: 155lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Decline flys: 40lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Incline flys: 40lbs. dumbbells 1 set @ 6 reps
Skull crushers:100lbs on str. bar: 1 set @ 5 reps, 90lbs. 2 sets @ 6 reps
Press downs:66lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Dips: bodyweight: 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Tomorrow will be abs and cardio, then off to my daughters 8th grade celebration program. Hard to believe she will be a freshman next year...in fact...its downright frighting.

JRRBadBoy4Life
05-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Good job bro. Its nice to have equipment at home. I did legs today at home. I think this summer Im going to quit the gym and just workout at home. Im glad Im not the only one who pigged out today... 2 hot dogs, 2 burgers, potato chips and some fattening dessert.

Hibiscus09
05-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Hope you had a great Memorial Day batts! :) Nice workout!

Today is abs and cardio for me also. :D

I was afraid about little B and starting high school, but he's been doing pretty well so far. I think he seems much happier than middle school. She'll do fine!!! :p

batteryrequired
06-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh I am sure she will to Hibby. Time just goes by to fast.
I did get my cardio in yesterday before the 8th grade program started. I can tell its getting warmer out. I was dripping wet by the time I put my 25-30 minutes in on the treadmill.

Tonite is Back and Bi's
Cycling off the Blue Rhino after the first bottle. Will be starting back up again on Monday.

JRRBadBoy4Life
06-01-2005, 11:30 AM
When was your last day on BR? Let me know how your feeling the next few days being without it. Also, are you taking any other type of preworkout supplement in place of BR?

batteryrequired
06-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Yesterday was Back/Bi day. Weigh in at 190lbs....hmmm. Thought I ate good enough over the weekend to keep that from dropping.

Pull ups w/ 30lb. dumbbell: 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps and 1 set @ 4 reps
Wide pull downs: 160lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 150 lbs.1 set @ 6 reps
Narrow grip pull downs: 150lbs. 2 sets @ 6 reps
Cable rows: 170lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 160lbs 1 set @ 6 reps
Barbell rows: 135lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Back Hyperextension: 35lb plate, 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps

Hammer curls: 40lb dumbbells 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
EZ bar Curl: 70lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, 60lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Incline Curls: 30lb dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Rev. straight bar curls: w/ 10lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set 14 reps, 1 set 12 reps, and 1 set 10 reps
Cable crunches: 60lbs 1 set 10 reps, 40lbs. 1 set 15 reps, 50lbs. 1 set 12 reps

Boy I felt weak tonite. This is my off week on Blue Rhino. My last day on BR was Sunday. I can definitly tell a difference in my strength by not taking it. I feel much weaker. Right after doing my pullups with the 30lb dumbbell, I could tell I was probably going to have to back off some of the weight on my training. Will be interesting to see the rest of the weeks results. Also the past couple of days I have had the acne breakout where I shave in the mornings on my face. Tonite is shoulders.

Supplements I am still currently taking is Creatine after my workout for recovery (EAS Phosphagen HP) plus 3 doses of glutamine during the day plus the usual 4 protien shakes throughout the day.

Hibiscus09
06-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Sorry you felt weak! You still did a good job. :) I had one of those days today myself. I hate when I feel weak all through my workout. :p

Happy Thursday!

CONTROLLED LABS
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Boy I felt weak tonite. This is my off week on Blue Rhino. My last day on BR was Sunday. I can definitly tell a difference in my strength by not taking it. I feel much weaker. Right after doing my pullups with the 30lb dumbbell, I could tell I was probably going to have to back off some of the weight on my training. Will be interesting to see the rest of the weeks results. Also the past couple of days I have had the acne breakout where I shave in the mornings on my face. Tonite is shoulders.

YOu should definetely take the one week of blue rhino, then you can start your next bottle and try to get some more gains to build on the first bottle. I went through 3 bottles before I took a long break to let my bottle regroup. I took about 5-6 days off between each of the 3 bottles though.

batteryrequired
06-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Yep, thats what I plan on doing...staying off of it for a while then "hit the bottle" again so to speak... :D
Weak days suck don't they Hibby?

Well, I weighed in yesterday for shoulder day @ 190lbs. Not sure if I should be happy about that or not. I am definitly leaner though.

Started out with military dumbbell presses, 4 sets of warmups
Seated dumbbell military press: 60lbs. 1 set 6 reps, 2 sets 5 reps.
Standing side lateral raises: 30lb. dumbbells 2 sets @ 6 forced reps
Seated front raises: 20lb dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Bent over raises: 25lb dumbbells 1 set @ 10 reps, 30lb. 1 set @ 7 reps
Shoulder shrugs: 285lbs. 2 sets @ 6 reps
Barbell rows w/ 50lbs: 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps

I felt stronger today for some reason. Much better than the day before. Today is leg day plus carb refeed day as well. Will be treating myself to a Subway sandwich (on wheat bread of course) at lunch packed with extra chicken that I brought in. I always try to make leg day a refeed day as I need all the help I can get in the gym.

Tank...is it possible to gain some lean tissue with this while trying to prepare for this contest in July? I hate to keep loosing weight. Hoping my bodyfat continues to go down but need to keep the muscle I have and add some if possible.

batteryrequired
06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Just got back from the gym for leg day. Boy did I feel strong right away.
Weigh in at 192lbs. Back up again. Of course it was carb refeed day today also.

Started out with warmups on Hack squat
Now the heavy stuff.

Hack Squat: 320lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 2 sets @ 7 reps. (big increase in weight and reps)
Leg press 45 degree sled: 680lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps (increase in weight)
Dead lifts: 365lbs. 1 set @ 4 reps (to heavy...***) 335lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps
Leg Ext. 150lbs 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps
Ham curls: 70lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, 60lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Seated calf raises: 220lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps 1 set @ 10 reps
Standing calf raises: 260lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps each

Hanging abdominals: 1 set of 15, 1 set of 12, 1 set of 10
Leg lifts: 2 sets of 12
Cable crunches: 50lbs. 1 set @ 15, 1 set @ 12, 1 set @ 15

Felt like a great workout tonite. I think the carb refeed did me a lot of good as far as strength goes. Tomorrow will be cardio. Will be starting back on the Blue Rhino on Sunday. This will be 6 days off by then.

Hibiscus09
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Great job, batts! Very nice job on the hack squats. Congratulations on the weight increases -- :) .

Hope you have a great weekend! :D

batteryrequired
06-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks Hibby...its a wonder any of us can get any weight at all on that thing its so old...lol
Ok...Sunday I did my 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill.
Today Monday was Chest/Tris
Weigh in at 190lbs...back down again...probably due to not eating right (I really tried too) over the weekend. Kids baseball games and all makes it tough.

Flat bench: 100lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 6 reps, 90lb dumbbells 1 set @ 6 reps, 80lb dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps (I got real weak here for some reason)
Incline Bench: 60lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set of Incline Flyes w/35lb dumbbells @ 7 reps
Decline Bench: 60lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps

EZ bar scull crushers: 60lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 65lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps
V-Bar pressdowns: 80lbs, 1 set @ 5 reps, 70lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps
Dips: 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Hanging abdominals: 1 set @ 15 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 12 reps
Cable crunches: 50lbs. 2 sets @ 15 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps

I started back up on the Blue Rhino yesterday. I felt unusually weak tonite for one reason or another...might have been the high humidity.

Tomorrow will be cardio if I can squeeze it in...wife goes in for surgery in the morning so that will throw my schedule off this week. This will not be a normal week for workouts so this will be erratic for a few days.

CONTROLLED LABS
06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
good luck with your wifes surgery. wishing her well.

batteryrequired
06-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Tank

Well, she is home as of last nite. Doing quite well also. Will be sore for a few days but other than that, on her road to recovery. She can't wait for the doctor to turn her loose doing some exercise.

Speaking of.... I did Back and Bi's yesterday.
No weigh in as i did this workout out in the garage on my equip. Man was it hot out there too. Glad for the non-weigh in as diet was way off spending two days running back and forth to the hospital. I didn't do that bad...they had turkey and pork and cooked veggies...but as usual, they always add something to it that can't be good for you on a cutting training diet.
Please keep in mind the equipment is not as good and the resistance is high on here so lower weight on some of these is required.
Pullups (body weight only): 1 set of 12 reps, 1 set of 10 reps, and 1 set of 8.
Pull downs wide grip: 100lbs. 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps.
Close grip pull downs: 100lbs, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps
Barbell T-bar rows: 198lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, 176lbs 1 set @ 8 reps
Barbell rows: 155lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Good mornings: 67lbs. 3 sets of 12 reps...will use more weight next time...can feel it in hammies though today (oouch)
Hammer curls: 40lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps.
Barbell curls: 78lbs. 1 set @ 5 reps, 67lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps.
Incline curls: 30lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Rev. straight bar curls: 67lbs. 2 sets @ 5 reps.
Got some nutrition in me right away and then hit the pool out back....boy did that feel good.
Felt a little off tonite as it had been a while since working out at home. Better than not working out at all I say. Back to normal cutting diet today.

Still experiencing acne breakouts. Hoping to see more positive results this next month on Blue Rhino. Tonite will be cardio nite, I can tell I gained a little body fat around the love handles and ab area the past 2 days...doesn't take much.

Hibiscus09
06-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Very nice job on the workout, batts! Did you put that hot pink posing suit in the mail to me yet? I'm not sure if I can fit as many rhinestones on it as you requested, but I'll try. :D

batteryrequired
06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
LMAO Hibby! Wouldn't that be a sight up on the stage. Rhinestones are just glued on to the outside right? LOL

batteryrequired
06-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Yesterday was cardio day. Did my HIIT on the treadmill around 4pm and boy was I dripping wet when I was done. Hot out up here in Indiana plus humid. Quick run out to the pool afterwards felt awesome.
Leg day today and will hit the scale to see what it says...hoping I havn't lost to much. 30 days to go before contest!

batteryrequired
06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Leg day.
Weighed in at 191lbs...not to bad I guess.

Did warm ups on Hack squat-4 sets
Hack squats: 300lbs. 1 set @ 9 reps, 2 sets @ 7 reps
45degree sled leg press: 680lbs. 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Dead lifts: 335lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 315lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Leg Ext.: 150lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps and 1 set @ 9 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs. 1 sets @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Seated Calf raises: 220lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps
Standing calf raises: 280lbs. 2 sets @ 10 reps,

Hanging ab raises: 1 set of 18, 1 set of 14, 1 set of 10
Cable crunches: 60lbs, 2 sets @ 16 reps and 1 set @ 14 reps

With all the humidity, I got a pretty good workout tonite. Felt ok but not my best I didnt feel. Tomorrow will be cardio and shoulders.

Hibiscus09
06-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Very nice, battery! You have strong legs. I always weigh more the day after legs. I don't know why. I guess just those huge muscles all pumped up. LOL

Have a great weekend! :)

Oh, and wow on the 30 days. That will be here before you know it!

batteryrequired
06-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks Hibby. To bad you and I can't trade lower halfs right? Think we would both be happier....lol.

I did shoulders and traps at home today.
After 4 sets of warmups for military presses....
Military press on straight bar: 133lbs. 1 set @ 6 hard reps, 116lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps.
Side lateral raises: 30lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 25lbs. 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps.
Front lateral raises: 20lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Rear bent-over raises: 20 lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps, 25lbs. 2 sets @ 10 reps
Upright rows: 89lbs. 3 sets @ 8 reps
Barbell shrugs: 243lbs. 3 sets @ 8 reps.

Felt good and strong towards the end. I can tell my strength is not what it used to be cutting back on the carbs like I have been. Makes a big difference.

Still getting acne outbreaks in places moreso now since I am back on the Blue Rhino, so this goes to show that the testosterone levels are up after taking it the first month. I figured the first month would be more or less a kick start to get the levels up. Hoping to see some dramatic changes in muscle as I try shedding body fat and trying to maintain if not gain muscle mass. Weight is staying steady it seems and from the looks in the mirror plus what my wife can see...the body fat is going away from the waist line. Hope to have pics soon...when my posing suit comes in anyways.

batteryrequired
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Yesterday I had a HIIT workout about 5 hours after my shoulder workout. Today I did another 30 minute HIIT on the treadmill as well. I increased the speed today and on my last run I bumped it up to level 9 on my Proform-MP 590 treadmill. Intense! :) I love it!

Hibiscus09
06-13-2005, 05:31 AM
I doubt Pam wants you trading lower halfs with me. :D

Nice workouts and cardio, batts! The carbs definitely make a difference for me as far as energy levels go and I can't say I'm loving my cardio right now! :p

batteryrequired
06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Your probably right Hibby...she wouldn't be a big fan of that idea one bit....lol

Ok...today was Chest/Tri day

Weigh in @ 190lbs. Starting out with inclines first today...4 sets of warm-ups

Incline Bench dumbbells: 80lbs. 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps, 70lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Flat Bench dumbbells: 80lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 70lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps
Decline dumbbell: 60lbs. 1 set 8 hard reps.
Incline flyes: 35lb. dumbbells 1 set @ 8 hard reps

Skull crushers: 65lbs. on EZ-bar (not sure what bar weighs): 1 set @ 9 reps, 60lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Vbar pressdowns: 75lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 70lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Body dips, 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Hanging ab leg raises: 1 set @ 16 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 12 reps
Ab cable crunches: 60lbs. 3 sets @ 14 reps

I cut back on the weights on Chest to get a more slow intense workout. Plus the fact on low carb is really hitting my strength also. Felt strong on Tris tonite for some reason though.

batteryrequired
06-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Anyone interested in pics...I have them posted in the "35 and over" forum as well as the "Contest Prep" forum called "4 weeks out". Any help is appreciated. Plus gives the guys from Controlled Labs something to look at. I will try to find some previous pics later.

batteryrequired
06-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Today was Back/Bi day

Weigh in at 190lbs....hard to tell if it was 189 or 190 so went with higher number....made me feel better anyways...lol

Pullups w/ 15lb. dumbbell: 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
T-bar row: 140lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps, 160lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 140lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps.
Wide grip pull downs: 130lbs. 2 sets @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps
Close grip pull downs: 130lbs. 3 sets @ 9 reps
Barbell rows: 135lbs. 2 sets of 7 reps
Good mornings:95lbs. 3 sets of 12 reps each

EZ-bar curl: 70lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 60lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 50lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps
Hammer curls:40lbs 1 set @ 7 reps, 35lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 30lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps
Incline Curls: 30lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps
Rev. curl on straight bar: 55lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps

Felt weaker as I went on Bi's. Thinking I am up for a carb refeed day coming up.

CONTROLLED LABS
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Anyone interested in pics...I have them posted in the "35 and over" forum as well as the "Contest Prep" forum called "4 weeks out". Any help is appreciated. Plus gives the guys from Controlled Labs something to look at. I will try to find some previous pics later.
very cool, I will check them out, thanks for the great log and pics :)

batteryrequired
06-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Just got to thinking about it Tank. I better post the before and after pics in here so that it goes right along with the log since that is how I got defined. Will do that later on today. Cardio day today anyways so I will have a little extra time to get them in here.
Also...Got my 14 year old daughter started in lifting last nite. Getting her ready for high school basketball and volleyball. She did awsome in focusing on breathing and her form.

batteryrequired
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Ok...pics for comparison. The first pic is of me last summer. Reason I am using it is because that was basiclly where I was a couple two three months ago around 200-205lbs. The next the next three are of me Monday nite at 29 days to contest. Some good serious training along with watching my diet is really working wonders for me the past few months. Pics that are from Monday is at 191lbs. @ 6'3" tall.

BiggJohn
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Nice job bro, and good job on keeping your log.

CONTROLLED LABS
06-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok...pics for comparison. The first pic is of me last summer. Reason I am using it is because that was basiclly where I was a couple two three months ago around 200-205lbs. The next the next three are of me Monday nite at 29 days to contest. Some good serious training along with watching my diet is really working wonders for me the past few months. Pics that are from Monday is at 191lbs. @ 6'3" tall.

the pictures are awesome, i wouldnt expect any less form you, nice hard work.

batteryrequired
06-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Yesterday was leg day...weigh in at 189lbs. Upped my carbs yesterday hoping I can hold off losing anymore muscle tissue.

4 sets of warm ups on Hack Squats
Hack squats: 320lbs. (a 20lb. increase) 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 and 1 set @ 7 reps
45degree sled leg press: 680 lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Dead lifts: 335lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Leg ext.: 150lbs 1 set @ 10 reps, 140lbs. 1 set @ 10 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs. 2 hard sets of 6 reps
Seated donkey calf raises: 220lbs. 2 sets of 10 reps
Standing calf raises: 280 lbs. 2 sets @ 10 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set @ 16 reps, 1 set of 14 and 1 set of 12 reps
Weighted cable crunches: 50lbs. 3 sets of 14 reps

Felt strong yesterday. Upping my carbs a bit for a couple days. Think I might be hitting a catabolic state since I am an ectomorph body type. Will cut back approx. 1 week and a half out. Have good definition as it is already. Cardio nite tonite then shoulders tomorrow.

Hibiscus09
06-17-2005, 08:14 AM
LOL, wow -- time is flying!! :D

Nice leg workout!! :)

batteryrequired
06-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Shoulders this morning....no weight to record today.

warmups on Arnold presses...

Arnold presses: 50lbs. 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Side lateral raises: 25lbs. 2 sets of 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Front raises: 20lbs. 2 sets of 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Rear bent over raises: 30lbs. 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps and 1 set @ 6 reps
Upright straight bar rows: 89lbs. 1 set @ 12 reps, 99lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps
Shoulder shrugs: 243lbs. 2 sets of 8 reps

3 weeks today til contest...yes, time is flying by Hibby, will be here before I know it. Posing practice today.

batteryrequired
06-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Did my 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill tonite...what a run! :) Family wanted to eat out earlier tonite. Boy you can't get much at a restaraunt on a diet like this now can you? :( Baked cod and a baked potato...hoping tha wasn't butter on the fish. I ate my potato plain just in case with some lemon juice, salt and pepper...not bad actually. Plus salad bar...just lettuce and hard boiled egg and mushrooms....oh well, only thing on the bar I could eat....lol. Tomorrow will be another cardio day. Mirror is showing some good results. Also got a response on to where da heck my posing suits are. Supposed to arrive early this coming week.

All of you guys that have kids have a great Fathers Day tomorrow.

Hibiscus09
06-19-2005, 07:11 AM
I've given up on the restaurant eating all together now. :p But I'm not as much of a studette as you are a stud. :D

Hope you have a fantastic Father's Day!

I also hope Pam is feeling much better -- give her a hug or a glass of wine for me -- she can choose either or both. LOL

batteryrequired
06-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I think I am done with the restaraunt thing too until this contest is over with. My treat after the contest is going to be one big Mario's Pizza!!! :)
I had a great Father's Day ....thanks. Spent it at home around the pool with the kids playin in there...put salmon and Talipia.
Pam is feeling better and better by the day. She says thanks for asking and hopes you are all well.

I did my half hour of cardio on the treadmill today....tomorrow back to Chest and Tris

batteryrequired
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Today was chest/tri day....weigh in at 188lbs.

4 sets of warm ups on flat bench w/ dumbbells

Flat bench: 100lb dumbbells, 1 set @ 5 reps(very forced) 1 set 90lb. @ 6 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Incline bench: 60lb dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set flys w/ 40lb @ 7 reps
Decline bench: 70lb dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Skull crushers: 65lbs on EZ-bar 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 60lbs 1 set @ 7 reps
V-Bar pressdowns: 70lbs 2 sets @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Dips (bodyweight): 1 set @ 12 reps, 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set @ 18 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 12 reps
Cable crunches: 50lbs, 1 set @ 18 reps, 1 set @ 16 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps

Didn't feel to bad tonite at all during workout. Was very surprised I was able to get 100lb dumbbells up in the air on my own on first bench rep. Mirror is showing great results. I got my posing suits in so hopefully tomorrow I can get some pics.

batteryrequired
06-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Back/Bi day.....weigh in at 188lbs...barely

Pull ups w/ 15lb dumbbell, 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 8 and 1 set @ 6 reps
Wide pull downs: 140lbs. 3 sets of 7 reps
Close grip pull downs: 140lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps
T-Bar row: 140lbs 2 sets @ 7 reps
Good mornings: 105lbs. 3 sets of 10 reps
Back Hyperextensions: body weight....3 sets of 12 reps

Hammer curls: 40lb dumbbells 1 set @ 8 reps, 2 sets @ 6 reps
Incline Curls: 30lbs 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
EZ-bar curl: 60lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 50lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps
Rev. curls on straight bar: 55lbs 2 sets @ 7 reps

Felt like a good hard workout....getting bummed by the scale though...hoping I don't lose much more weight.

Hibiscus09
06-22-2005, 02:52 PM
You're doing great, batts. Try not to let the scale mess with your head too much. It gets difficult as contest time gets so close. Nice workouts!

batteryrequired
06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks Hibby...yeah its tough not to let that screw with your brain. Tonite was cardio nite and more posing practice. Here is one that didn't turn out to bad....only pic that i was happy with....still more practice to get some nailed down.

Hibiscus09
06-23-2005, 04:27 AM
Wow! You are looking so lean and cut! I'm jealous!! :D

I wish I could be at your contest to yell and cheer you on! :)

batteryrequired
06-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks Hibby.

Well today was leg day...weigh in and holding at 188lbs.

4 sets of hack squat warmups

Hack Squats: 320lbs. 2 sets of 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
45 degree sled leg presses: 680lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Deadlifts: 355lbs. (increase) 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Leg Ext: 140lbs. 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 9 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps, 50lbs. 1 set @ 6 reps

Standing calf raises: 280lbs. 2 sets @ 10 reps
Seated calf raises: 220lbs, 2 sets @ 10 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set @ 16 reps, 1 set @ 14 and 1 set @ 12 reps
cable crunches: 50lbs. 3 sets @ 14 reps each

Didnt feel to bad tonite lifting. Tomorrow will be cardio for sure. Shoulders wil be either tomorrow as well or Saturday. Supposed to be a hot one so I may just hang out in our pool tomorrow after work and work on my tan :)

More posing practice for me now

Hibiscus09
06-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Nice job!! :) I'm going to work on my golfer's tan this weekend. ;)

batteryrequired
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Golfing...now that sounds like fun :) I need to get out on the course yet. Oh....for those reading this....go to Hibby's thread as she prepares for her contest for her recent pics.....Awsome Job Hibby...keep up the great work.

Today was shoulder/traps....weigh in at 187-188lbs.

4 warmup sets on shoulder dumbbell presses.
Shoulder presses: 60lb dumbbells 2 sets @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Standing side lateral raises: 25lb dumbbells 2 sets @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Seated front alt. lateral raises: 20lb dumbbells 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps
Rear lateral raises: 25lb dumbbell 1 set @ 12 reps, 30lb dumbbell 2 sets @ 10 reps
Upright rows: 95lbs 2 sets @ 8 reps
Shoulder shrugs: 280lbs. 2 sets @ 6 reps

Felt like a good workout and man are the striations really showing in my chest and shoulders today doing this workout. Only body fat left on me is around my waist area along the back. Hoping this comes off easily the next 2 weeks.

batteryrequired
06-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Ok....didn't keep this up to well over the weekend. Was as the evil guy on "Frosty the Snowman" would say..."Busy busy busy!!!"

I did my HIITcardio on Saturday and Sunday mornings on the treadmill. I got a good warmup on a 3 mile walk with the wife who can finally walk the whole route now. Her recovery is remarkable. I am pretty sure its because of the shape she was in before surgery (plus the fact she can be pretty stubborn too.....lol)(hope she doesn't read this...lol Hi Hon :) ) I have increased the speed tremedously on the treadmill on my fast runs. Going from 8.0 now up to 8.4 The last hard run I had it up to 9.4 the last 25 seconds. My treadmill only goes up to 10. Wonder what I do after that....LOL. Increase incline after that I guess.
Today is Chest/Tri day which will be after my Cardiologist appointment which is every year. Actually they are just checking out my pacemaker today in the clinic so its no biggie unless they try adjusting it again like the last time (which will not happen). Last time I had to turn around and go back after driving for not more than 4 minutes. Thought I was gonna keel over. Ya don't mess with my hardware.....LOL. All for now. Have a great day gang!

batteryrequired
06-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Tonite was Chest/Tri nite...weigh in at 185lbs

4 sets of flat bench warmups
Flat bench dumbbell presses: 90lb dumbbells 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
Incline dumbbell presses: 60lbs 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Incline flyes: 40lb. 1 set @ 7 reps
Decline bench: 80lb dumbbells 1 set @ 7 reps

Skull crushers: EZ-Bar: 65lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 60lbs. 2 sets @ 6 reps
V-Bar pressdowns: 70lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 65lbs 2 sets @ 7 reps
Dips, body weight: 1 set @ 11 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set @ 18 reps, 1 set @ 14 reps, 1 set @ 12 reps
Cable crunches: 50lbs, 3 sets @ 14 reps

Rough nite on posing....just didn't seem to come together. Tough to do on a full stomach too shortly after a workout. Need to time this better next time.

Here are a couple of pics for 2 weeks out now.

batteryrequired
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Back and bi nite....weigh in at 185lbs and holding

Pull-ups w/ 10lb dumbbell: 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 reps
Wide grip pull-downs: 140lbs 2 sets @ 9 reps
Close grip pull-downs: 140lbs. 2 sets @ 9 reps
Seated cable rows: 170lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 160lbs 1 set @ 6 reps, 150lbs, 1 set @ 6 reps
Good mornings: 105lbs. 2 sets @ 12 reps
Barbell rows: 135lbs. 2 sets @ 9 reps
Back Hyperextenxion: 25lb plate 2 sets @ 12 reps

Hammer curls: 40lb 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps, 35lbs 1 set @ 7 reps
Iso dumbbell curls: 25lb. 2 sets @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 6 reps
EZ-bar curls: 50lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps (wearing down quickly now)
Rev. straight bar curls: 10lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps each

Felt like a good lifting night. Looking back on all my workouts I wish I would have had the time to log all my diet into this as well. Tomorrow is a non-lifting day so I will be doing my HIIT cardio.

batteryrequired
06-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Today is a nonlifting day so I just finished up my HIIT treadmill workout for 30 minutes. What a wringing wet mess I am...or was. Had a good 45 minute rain (which we needed badly) and then the sun came out and holy moley did it get muggy! May bump up the speed this weekend again. Its coming around good once i get going. I was draggin butt today all day at work. Time to get some more chicken on the grill and then start on practicing my routine and posing.

Bye the way str8....thanks for all your help :)

batteryrequired
07-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Last nite was Shoulder/traps nite. Thought I would switch leg and shoulder nite as son has a ball game tonite and shoulders only take me 45 min. tops in the gym.

Weigh in at 185lbs.

Warm ups with dumbbell military presses....4 sets

Arnold shoulder presses: 50lb. dumbbells, 1 set @ 9 reps, 1 set @ 8 and 1 set @ 7 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 25lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps
Seated front lateral raises: 20lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Bent over rear laterals: 30lbs. 2 sets @ 10 reps each
Shoulder shrugs: 265lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 7 reps
Barbell upright rows: 95lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps

Hanging ab raises: 1 set @ 18 reps, 1 set @ 14 and 1 set @ 12 reps
50lb. cable crunches: 3 sets @ 16 reps each.
Felt like a good strong nite tonite. Practiced posing for half hour after the ball game then (which they lost by the way) Posing is really coming along good now. Feeling more confident and will work even harder this weekend at it.

Leg day for Friday.... oh joy!

batteryrequired
07-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Leg day today....weigh in at 184lbs. Yikes!!!

4 sets of warmups on hack machine.

Hack squats: 300lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps and 1 set @ 6 reps
45 degree sled leg presses: 660lbs. 2 sets @ 7 reps each
Deadlifts: 315lbs. 1 set @ 8 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps
Leg extensions: 140lbs. 1 set @ 10 reps, 1 set @ 9 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs. 1 set @ 7 reps, 1 set @ 5 reps

Seated calf raises: 210lbs, 2 sets @ 10 reps
Standing calf raises: 265lbs. 2 sets @ 8 reps

Very tired today and lack of energy big time. Sunday I will bump up carbs and then cut back daily. Tomorrow is cardio day. Also have been cutting down sodium as well. Posing practice tonite and then early to bed....thats the plan anyways...lol. Will have more pics later for 1 week out to see how things are shaping out.

Hibiscus09
07-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Hiya batts! Those are great pics a few posts back! :)

You're doing great with the workouts! It won't be long now. Sorry about the being tired stuff. It sucks, but it will be all worth it.

I have to show Brian your pics. I have him out there slaving over the grill right now.

Hibiscus09
07-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Okay, I showed him. :D He said you are definitely look great and extra lean! :)

batteryrequired
07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks Hibby and Big B. Feeling pretty good so far. Posing is coming along much better. Here are some pics 1 week out now. Just finished up my HIIT on the treadmill. Cranking that baby up a couple notches again. Feels awsome!!! :)

paul e
07-02-2005, 11:06 PM
two things, battery.. what did you do with your BR dosing for off days? And did you experience any issues not taking an AI simultaneously to your BR dosing?

thanks.

Sixpack
07-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Battery what type of HIIT do u do on the treadmill?

batteryrequired
07-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Paul, I take my BR approx. the same time everyday...even on my off days. No noticable effects either.

Sixpack...I do a warm up for 4-5 minutes on the treadmill...then i crank it up to an all out hard run for 2 minutes, then knock it down to an extremly fast walking pace for 1 minute. Then I kick it back up again for another 2 minutes then back down to 1 minute. I go back and forth like this for at least 20 minutes. After that I go to a cool down for 4-5 minutes. This should give you 30 minutes. It will really work your cardio system well. I have steadily increased the speed almost every 4-5 days now. Try it out, give it some time also. It will take you a while to get used to it possibly depending on what your used to running before on a treadmill. This will really kick your metabolism and fuel it to keep burning fat the rest of the day.

Speaking of HIIT. Sunday was a HIIT day for me. Got that done and out of the way. Today I start my final week (and only 3 days) of lifting before the contest. I will do light weight and high reps....the 15-24 rep kind. Will post these after I do them today.

batteryrequired
07-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Today I did my first round of high reps. I did chest/tris and bi's today. I am not going to post weights as it is pretty irrelevant. I made sure though to get 14-15 reps min. and no more than 24 reps out. Stopping short 3-4 reps of failure. I will be doing cardio later on today. Eating has been a challange today...lol. Eating all good stuff...just been a constant grazing with family here.

batteryrequired
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Today was cardio this morning...HIIT on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Then did high reps on legs and lower back. Hack squats, 45degree sled leg presses, deadlifts, ham curls, leg ext., and calves. All in the 14-20 rep range. Man are my legs taxed to the limit still.
Weigh in today was at 182-183lbs. Dropped my carbs to approx. 190 grams and will drop to approx. 180 tomorrow. Sodium was dropped to not go over 1500mg. Will do some more posing practice now tonite. Not counting on my legs to look good tonite practicing for obvious reasons. Will do upper back/bi's/shoulders tomorrow nite for my last nite of weight training before the competition. Feeling good about it and looks like things are coming together. Trying to plan ahead to for what to take for carbing up on contest day. Probably make a big container of brown rice already cooked up. Will be eating approx. 1 cup of cooked brown rice every 2 hours according to plan..should give me 44 grams of carbs. Figureing on natural crunchy peanut butter for my high carb/fat/sodium meal just before competing. Will probably have to add the salt to it though. I doubt there is any salt in the natural stuff. Days are ticking away.

batteryrequired
07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Weigh in today at 183-184lbs. and holding steady. I did my last nite of weight training before contest today doing upper back/bi's/shoulders and some chest. All in the upper 15-24 rep range. Shoulders were really looking defined during the workout. Lots of muscle lines showing in the delts. Will be doing cardio next later tonite along with more posing.

batteryrequired
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Well after doing cardio last nite, I had ziltch energy for posing. I tried but nothing would flex...LOL. I used up all the glycogen stores in the muscles during lifting, then the cardio zapped what I had left of it. I had to slow the treadmill down on my HIIT training which I have never had to do before. This carb reduction is really hitting the body. Waist is really cut down now.
I go for my last cardio session tonite. I will do posing first though...then cardio. Tomorrow will be rest day as I will need my rest for Saturday. Besides, only carbs in the morning first thing, then no carbs til 4pm. Then it will be carbing up every 2 hours til bed time. One final shave down and posing, plus a coat of Dream tan will go on. Will update more tomorrow.

batteryrequired
07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Friday morning....cardio last nite went very well along with the posing. Today is rest day as far as workouts go. Will have my half cup of oatmeal this morning and that will be it as far as carbs go for the day. I will try to remember to get a pic of myself before carbing up at 4pm today. Will try the comparison of carb depleted as compared to carbed up on show day.

Hibiscus09
07-08-2005, 04:01 AM
Jeez, is today Friday? I'm not keeping up!! :O

Dunh dunh. . . dunh dunh. . . dunh dunh. . . dun, dun, dun, dun, dun!!! You're just about there!

You're going to do so great!! :D

batteryrequired
07-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Here is a link to the results of the contest....will copy and paste at a later time...... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527248

batteryrequired
07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Well gang. I didn't place at all in the show. I am not sure how they do all this judging stuff...but boy was my wife ticked....LOL. They put a couple other guys in the top 5 and Lord knows why. i did learn alot and had a great time. Right now I am on a one week cycle off of the Blue Rhino. I started right back up again yesterday and did a hard chest/tri workout. I can't believe already how my body is filling out. I have heard of the anabolic affect that your body has after going thru a cutting phase. I think I am going to make some huge gains. I did lose way to much muscle mass while cutting and I think I will not do as drastic of a cutting program next time. Yes, I am goiing to hit the stage again. Wife is probably more wanting me to than anything now that she has gotten a taste of this....lol. We both had a great time doing this contest and show. Met so many great people and made new friends...some even competing for the first time also. Will post pics later tonite. Thanks for all your support gang. Sorry about not placing Tank...was hoping this could be some good advertising for ya...lol. I am not finished yet bud so hang tight!

paul e
07-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Well gang. I didn't place at all in the show. I am not sure how they do all this judging stuff...but boy was my wife ticked....LOL. They put a couple other guys in the top 5 and Lord knows why. i did learn alot and had a great time. Right now I am on a one week cycle off of the Blue Rhino. I started right back up again yesterday and did a hard chest/tri workout. I can't believe already how my body is filling out. I have heard of the anabolic affect that your body has after going thru a cutting phase. I think I am going to make some huge gains. I did lose way to much muscle mass while cutting and I think I will not do as drastic of a cutting program next time. Yes, I am goiing to hit the stage again. Wife is probably more wanting me to than anything now that she has gotten a taste of this....lol. We both had a great time doing this contest and show. Met so many great people and made new friends...some even competing for the first time also. Will post pics later tonite. Thanks for all your support gang. Sorry about not placing Tank...was hoping this could be some good advertising for ya...lol. I am not finished yet bud so hang tight!

Batts.. i just started my Blue rhino cycle, and I definitely felt stronger today, my second day taking it. But I also changed CEE brands, so I dont know which did it.. Doesnt matter; Ill keep taking both. I like the way it makes me feel in the gym. It seems to make me more focused, and as a result, I was able to increase reps, and/or weight, on most of my lifts, over that which ive been plateaued at for the last few wks.. Also, Ive had a slight muscle pull in my rt forearm for the lat few weeks which has really played havoc with my back exercises, ie, anything requiring rowing motions. And even so, I had a great back workout today. I also started up ZMA a few days ago which is supposed to help with recovery, so IM going to attribute any gains to the stack between ZMA, blue rhino, and the new CEE Im taking, until Im able to better isolate the supplements.

Im sorry you didnt place better, but you seem to have a good attitude about it. I did notice in your pics that you seemed to lose an awful lot of muscle during your cut which Im sure hurt you in the contest. I saw one pic taken either early in your cutting, or before, where you showed some nice muscle.. Then when I saw your final pics, it was replaced by a shreddy, sinewy, almost long distance runners kind of look, from the cut. I bet this was real valuable for you, and im sure next time youll have a whole new way to do it, to tell us about :)

batteryrequired
07-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Last nite was back and forearms. Weigh in at 183-184 lbs. I started my 3rd cycle of Blue Rhino last nite also. Had a good workout. No numbers to post as I am trying to get a weight that I can do a good 6-10 reps at. Usually can go by memory what my workout was....but the numbers were all over the place last nite. Especially with trying to gain my strength back after cutting for 6 weeks. Here is a pic from that contest.

batteryrequired
07-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Today was leg and ab day. Was going to do abs last nite but the meeting with the Equipment salesmen for our new gym facility that we are building went 2 1/2 hours last nite. We are getting some killer equipment :) Finally going to have room for a multi-rack...which will allow us to do squats now! YES!!!
Anyways....weigh in was 184lbs. Still experminting with weight on what I want to do...but man did I spend my legs tonite. Glad I drove tonite instead of walking there...whew! I will start Monday keeping track of weights and reps again. They will be lighter though...I am still pretty weak from the cutting phase for the contest. One thing I did discover tonite was Cheerio's is no substitute for oatmeal before a workout. I kept burping that stuff up.... I had run out of oatmeal and that was the closest thing I could find at the time. My sweet wife though came home with 4 - 1lb bags of oats for me :) Hopefully will get me thru the month....lol. I normally will eat one cup of oats mixed with some sweet-n-low and a scoop of whey protien (23gr.) about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before my workout. That is typical on workout days. I will try this next run on workouts to post more nutrition on what I consume along with my workouts. Tomorrow is cardio day.

batteryrequired
07-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Here is what I had to eat today. I thought I would use my fav. website fitday.com and see if I could copy and paste it onto a word document. Hopefully you all have Word on your machines so that you can view this. Looks like I went a little over board on the protein today. Pretty typical diet that I follow during the week.

paul e
07-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Holy Smokes.... i counted over 4000 calories in there. Working out 5 days a wk an hour a shot, if I eat 2700 calories 7 days a wk, I get fat! Im now on a 2200 calorie a day cut, just to lose the ~5 lbs of fat I added on through a slight bmr/tdee miscalculation! I figured it was cause of my age at 55, I overestimated the activity factor I applied to my bmr.. But here you are, doubling what iM eating now on my cut.. how on earth can you eat that much? YOu must have an incredibly fast metabolism!!

batteryrequired
07-16-2005, 05:38 AM
I have an incredibly fast metabolism. In fact...the reason I look flat in the contest pic is because I didn't eat enough beforehand. Right after the contest we all went to Pizza Hut and i ate over half a large myself with an ice cold beer. Then the next day was steaks, corn on the cob, eggs, ice cream, potoatos and all that. By Sunday nite-Monday mid morning...poof...all my muscles filled in. I looked better Monday afternoon than I did at the contest. I carbed up starting Friday nite...but it wasn't the carbs I needed or as much as I needed. I am also eating like this so that I can put some more mass on. I still intend on doing my HIIT cardio but only 2 times a week. We all have different metabolisms and your probably doing what is right for yours. Besides...what is your height? I am 6'3. I have carried 205lbs fairly easily and not look bad so I will probably shoot for that again or more then cut for 10 weeks instead of the 6 week time I allowed the last time.

batteryrequired
07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
I had two good cardio days for Saturday and Sunday. Keeping the fast pace at a good 8.0 level instead of cranking it up to 8.6 like I was before. Hopefully it will help me keep the muscle I earn instead of burning it off. Tomorrow will be Chest/Tri day so I will try and keep track of numbers this time around. Also get to go over quotes for all brand new workout equipment for our new addition on the Sports and Rec Center. Hopefully they will come in pretty decent.

batteryrequired
07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Today was Chest/Tri day....weigh in at 185lbs. Up up up we go :) finally

I am only going for 1 minute rest between sets this time around and trying for higher reps in the 8-12 range...I missed on a few and will hopefully get it all dialed in.

3 sets of warmups on flat bench with dumbbbells
Flat bench press: 90lb dumbbells 7 reps, 80lb/7 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
Incline bench: 50lb dumbbells 12 reps, 50lb/7 reps and 50lbs/9 reps
Decline bench: 60lb dumbbells 8 reps, 60lb/6 reps

EZ-bar skull crushers: 70lbs/9 reps, 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 60lbs/9 reps, 55lb/8 reps
Overhead tri rope extension: 50lbs/8 reps, 50 lbs/8 reps
Dips bodyweight only: 10 reps, 10 reps

Hanging ab raises: 20 reps, 16 reps and 14 reps
Weighted cable crunches: 50lbs. 3 sets all at 18 reps.

Felt pretty strong tonite. Hopefully week by week I will see an increase in reps on my flat bench with same weights. Not willing to drop 10lbs on dumbbells but only if we had 5 pound increments on dumbbells would I consider dropping it.

batteryrequired
07-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Today was Back/Bi day....weigh in at 187lbs....whoa...where is that comin from :)

I am doing the reps tonite slow on the return position for a good strong rep.
Started out with Wide grip pull ups (bodyweight only) 10 reps/6 reps/6 reps
Wide grip pull downs: 130lbs @ 8 reps, 120lbs/8 reps, 120/8
Narrow grip pull downs: 120lbs/9 reps, 120lb/9 and 120lb/8
T- bar row: 125lbs @ 9 reps, 125lb/8, and 125lb/8
Good mornings: 105lbs @ 12 reps, 105lb/12, and 105/12
Dumbbell rows: 70lbs @ 10 reps, 70lbs/8, and 70lb/8
EZ-bar curl: 60lb @ 6 reps, 50lbs/8, and 50lb/6
Hammer curl: 35lb. @ 6 reps, 30lb/8, and 30lb/6
Incline curl: 25lbs. @ 11 reps, and 25lb/10 reps

paul e
07-19-2005, 08:16 PM
>>Today was Back/Bi day....weigh in at 187lbs....whoa...where is that comin from <<

Prolly from those 4 plus thousand cals per day~!! ;)

batteryrequired
07-20-2005, 02:00 AM
What I was thinkin to paul e....Got it kicked in now finally.

batteryrequired
07-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Today was shoulders/traps....weigh in at 186lbs.

After 3 sets of dumbbell presses for warmups...
Overhead dumbbell press: 45lbs @ 11 reps, 45lb/9 reps and 45lb./7 reps
Side lateral raises: 20lbs @ 10 reps, 20lb/7 reps, 15lbs/10 reps
Front lateral raises: 3 ses of 15lbs @ 10 reps each
Rear bentover lateral raises: 35lbs @ 10 reps, 30lbs/12 reps, 30lb/12 reps

Upright rows: 95lbs @ 9 reps, 95lbs/8 reps, 95lbs/6 reps
Shoulder shrugs: 170lbs @ 12 reps(focused mainly on rear traps), 170lbs/10 reps (focused on front of traps), 170lbs./10 reps (focused on rear again)

Felt good and strong tonite. Tomorrow will be cardio if I get all my running around done in time. Kids are all going different directions at the same time...fun fun fun.

batteryrequired
07-23-2005, 04:57 AM
Friday was leg day. I didn't get anything done on Thursday, cardio or anything. Was a crazy day.

Yesterdays weigh in before hitting the legs was 188#

3 sets of warmups on Hack squats....Again...I am going on slower concentrated reps as I have been doing for the past 2 weeks, that is the reason for lower weights. It really fried my legs out. Also I am still only allowing only 1 minute rest between sets as opposed to 2 minutes like I was doing preparing for the contest. What a difference that makes!

Hack squats: 250lbs @ 9 reps, 250lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/7 reps
45 degree sled leg presses: 520 lbs. @ 9 reps, 520lb/7 reps, 520lbs/6 reps
Deadlifts: 225lb. @ 8 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/7 reps
Leg ext.: 130lbs @ 11 reps, 130lbs/8 reps, 130lbs/8 reps
Ham curls: 50lbs. @ 9 reps, 40lbs/8 reps, 40lbs/7 reps
Standing calf raises: 220lbs. @ 12 reps, 220lbs/12 reps
Seated calf raises: 200lbs @ 8 reps, 200 lbs @ 8 reps

Was drenched by the time i was done. This was followed up by a good post workout meal which was then followed up with shopping with the wife and daughter...oh my. My legs were killing me by the time we got home. :eek:

Hibiscus09
07-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Excellent leg workout, batts! And you followed that up with shopping!! :D What a man!

paul e
07-23-2005, 06:50 AM
>>Was drenched by the time i was done. This was followed up by a good post workout meal which was then followed up with shopping with the wife and daughter...oh my. My legs were killing me by the time we got home. <<

Definitely, Batts..I agree with Hibiscus... By far, the biggest workout you had Friday was shopping with the wife. ;)

batteryrequired
07-23-2005, 10:08 AM
You are sooo right Hibby and Paule...I wanted to quit...but she kept me going..."No...your not quitting....ONE MORE AISLE MISTER!!!!" I am soo lucky to have such a caring woman in my life to help me keep doing my best ... even when I feel like quitting! LMAO!!! :D :D

paul e
07-23-2005, 11:28 AM
You are sooo right Hibby and Paule...I wanted to quit...but she kept me going..."No...your not quitting....ONE MORE AISLE MISTER!!!!" I am soo lucky to have such a caring woman in my life to help me keep doing my best ... even when I feel like quitting! LMAO!!! :D :D

ROFL!!!!!!!

batteryrequired
07-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok...didn't get a chance to update over the weekend, but Saturday and Sunday I did HIIT cardio on the treadmill. And as hot and sticky as it was...it was one doosey of a cardio workout.

Tonite I just did a quick shoulder workout. Late meetings and son's tournament game, I managed to squeeze one in. They did win their game to advance :)

Weigh in at 188lbs. Holding steady
Warm up sets on Military dumbbell presses.
Military dumbbell presses: 50lbs/11 reps, 50lbs/8 reps and 50lbs./6 reps
Side lateral raises: 25lbs. @ 8 reps, 20lbs/8 reps, 15lbs/7 reps
Front lateral raises: 20lbs. @ 7 reps, 15lbs/8 reps, 15lbs/9 reps
Rear lateral raises: 35lbs. @ 8 reps, 30lbs/10 reps, 30lbs/10 reps
Shrugs: 195lbs @ 12 reps (toward rear traps), 195lbs/10 reps (towards front), 195lbs/9 reps (towards the rear)
Ran out of time to do upright rows so I will hit that another nite. Even though I was rushed, I still got in a pretty intense workout. I sure felt it working the shoulders anyways. As you can see I increased the weight on several of the workouts that I did tonite.
Tomorrow will be chest/tri nite as I won't hopefully have as packed afternoon.

Hibiscus09
07-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Congrats on the tourney win!! Nice job on the workout also!! (And the shopping!) :D

batteryrequired
07-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Today was chest/tri day...weigh in at 190lbs. Still looking good in the mirror.

3 warm up sets on the flat bench

Dumbbell flat bench press: 90lbs @ 7 reps, 80lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
Incline dumbbell presses: 60lbs @ 8 reps, 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Decline dumbbell presses: 70lbs @ 6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
EZ-bar skull crushers: 70lbs @ 11 reps, 70lbs/9 reps, 70lbs./7 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 60lbs @ 9 reps, 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/7 reps
Overhead rope tri's: 50lbs @ 8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Dips: body weight only: 10 reps, 9 reps

Hanging abs: 16 reps/14 reps/14 reps
Weighted cable crunches: 50lbs @ 16 reps, 60lbs/16reps, 60lbs/14 reps

Good hard workout tonite. Didn't think I would get any ab work in tonite with ball game coming up tonite...but got a call that they cancled. Bad storms off and on all nite so far tonite.

batteryrequired
07-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Today was a non lift day. So I did my 30 minutes of HIIT treadmill cardio. Worked out well as we had to head out for another ball game. They won again so they have late game tomorrow nite. Glad its the late one...can still get my back/bi workout in before the game.

batteryrequired
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Well here is yesterdays workout for back and bi's....

Weigh in at 190lbs.
Wide grip pullups: bodyweight only 10 reps, 8 reps and 7 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 130lbs @ 10 reps, 130lbs/8 reps, 130lbs/8 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 130lbs @ 9 reps, 130lbs/9 reps, 130lbs/8 reps
T-bar rows: 115lbs/11 reps, 115lbs/9 reps, 115 lbs/8 reps
Good mornings: 115lbs....all 3 sets I did 12 reps each
Dumbbell rows: 70lbs/ 9 reps, 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/7 reps

EZ-bar curls: 50 lbs/10, 50 lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Hammer curls: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/8 reps
Incline curls: 30lbs/8 reps, 25lbs/10 reps, 25lbs/8 reps
Rev. Curls: 20lbs/10 reps, 20lbs/10 reps, 20lbs/8 reps

Good intense workout. I will miss tonites workout as there is no way to get to the gym in time before closing. Had to do another followup appointment for daughter at the doctors. Baseball season is over as of last nite...thank God!!! LOL Late nite during tournaments.
Will hit the legs tomorrow morning.

batteryrequired
07-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Leg day was Saturday morning...weigh in was 188lbs. Being first thing in the morning I expected to weigh in less than usual.

Warm ups on hack squats....4 sets

Hack squats: 250lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/8 rep, 250lbs./7 reps
45 degree sled leg press: 520lbs....all 3 sets @ 8 reps
Deadlifts: 225lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/ 8 reps, 225lbs/8 reps
Leg ext.: 130lbs/12 reps, 130lbs/11 reps, 130lbs/11 reps
Ham curls:50 lbs/10 reps, 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/ 9 reps
45 degree sled calf lifts: 520lbs./12 reps, 520lbs/10 reps, 520lbs/8 reps
Donkey calfs: 200lbs/12 reps, 200lbs, 11 reps, 200 lbs/10 reps

Different working out first thing in the morning as compared to the afternoon. I didn't feel as strong yet comparing to last weeks leg workout I didn't do to shabby.
Got a new workout partner now starting Tuesday. Guy stopped by that I know and wants to start lifting and asked if I would mind if he could workout with me to get started. He has lifted before but was never consistant. Hopefully he can get started and get into the habit of the program. He also know that I keep a pretty strict schedule and timeframe for my workouts. Something he said he needs. Says his hour and a half or two hour workouts takes way to much time and know that I get in and out in an hour and 15 minutes tops once I start working out. Will have to work on him with diet as well. Hes not real heavy...but this guy could put some serious size on if he trains and eats right.
Will be doing cardio shortly...

Hibiscus09
07-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Nice job on the workout! :) Cool about the new workout partner. I enjoy having a workout partner but it's been a while since I've had one. :p

batteryrequired
08-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Yepper....got one started and on his own now and on to another new one. I hope word spreads so that as soon as we open the expansion that more will come out and join in on all the fun.

Tonite was chest/tri nite....weigh in at 191lbs...teetering at 192 though.

Warmup on flat bench. 4 sets

Flat bench dumbbell: 100lbs/3reps...not quite enough strength yet on that so back to 90's for 6 reps, 80 lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Incline Bench: 60lbs/6 reps, 50lbs/7 reps, 50lbs/6 reps
Decline Flyes: 40lbs/10 reps, 45lbs/7 reps

EZ-bar skull crushers: 80lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
V-Bar pressdowns: 70lbs/10 reps, 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Overhead rope tris: 50lbs/10 reps, 50lbs/8 reps
Dips: 10 reps and 8 reps bodyweight only.

Felt like a very strong nite. I was really working up a sweat so I know I was pushing it. Tomorrow nite will be back and bi's with the new workout partner. He has lower back problems in the past so we will try to get some strength going there for him.

batteryrequired
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Tonite was back and bi's....weigh in at 191-192lbs

Pull ups wide grip w/ 15lb dumbbell one set @ 7 reps, bodyweight only @ 8 reps, and close grip pull ups @ 6 reps
Wide grip pull downs: 140lbs @ 9 reps, 140lbs/8 reps, 140lbs/7 reps (increase)
Close grip pull downs: 140lbs/8 reps, 140lbs/8 reps, 140lbs 7 reps (increase)
T-bar rows: 135lbs/10 reps, 135lbs/8 reps (increase)
Good mornings:115lbs/12 reps, 125lbs/12 reps, 125lbs/12 reps (increase)
Dumbbell rows: 80lbs 2 sets @ 8 reps each (increase)
EZ-bar curls: 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/5 reps, 50lbs/7 reps (increase)
Hammer curls: 35lbs/ 8 reps, 35lbs/7 reps (increase)
Incline curls: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps
Rev curls: 20 lbs 2 sets @ 6 reps each

As you can see I increased all the weights tonite. I felt very strong tonite and really felt like I could push it more. Glad I did. Very intense workout tonite. My new partner that wanted to start tonite never showed. Maybe next time. Tomorrow is an off nite. Hopefully will get my cardio in.

batteryrequired
08-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Tonite was shoulders/traps....weigh in at 190lbs.

4 sets of military dumbbell presses
Dumbbell presses: 60lbs@ 9 reps, 60lbs/6 reps, 50lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/6 reps, 25lbs/9 reps, 25lbs/6 reps
Front lateral raises: 20lbs/8 reps, 20lbs/6 reps, 20lbs/7 reps
Rear lateral raises: 35lbs/8 reps, 35lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/8 reps

Shrugs: 195lbs/10 reps (rear part), 195lbs/8 reps (front part), 195lbs/8 reps (rear part of traps again)
Upright rows: 95lbs/8 reps, 85lbs/8 reps, 85lbs/7 reps

As you can see i have increased quite a bit on the shoulder exercises. And my new workout partner showed up tonite...he will be a hurtin puppy tomorrow....LOL

Hibiscus09
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Nice job on the workouts, batts!! :) Glad you're feeling all strong. I can't wait to eat and feel strong again. :p

batteryrequired
08-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Hey there Hibby. Yes, plan on about 3 weeks before you really feel the strength come back full force. I notice too that the muscle seems to be coming back bigger than before as well and shaped better. So things to look forward to. Tomorrows the big day Miss! Good luck to you and get in there and kick some defined glutes! LOL :)

Hibiscus09
08-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks, sweetie! :)

batteryrequired
08-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Yesterday was leg day. I was a little skeptical at first in even going as I was on the road with my daughter going to South Bend and back and didn't get my usual eating load up and hour or so before hand. Luckily there was rice cakes and protien bars stashed away in the truck so I thought what the heck. I actually felt very strong in the gym.

Weigh in at 190#

3 sets of warm ups on Hack

Hack squats: 270lbs/8 reps, 270lbs/7 reps, 270lbs/6 reps(weight increase)
45 degree sled leg press: 540lbs/9 reps, 540lbs/7 reps, 540lbs/5 reps (increase in weights)
Deadlifts: 245lbs/10reps, 245lbs/9 reps, 245lbs/7 reps(increase in weights but need more next time)
Leg Ext.: 140lbs/10reps, 140lbs/8 reps, 140lbs/7 reps (increase in weights)
Ham curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 50lbs/7 reps (increase in weights)
45 degree sled calf presses: 540lbs/12 reps, 540lbs/10 reps(increase in weights)
Seated donkey calf: 200lbs/10 reps, 200lbs/8 reps

Couldn't believe how strong I felt. I was exhausted though. I love a good hard workout.
Speaking of a good hard workout...you all should rent the movie "Coach Carter". Excellent movie with Samual Jackson. About a basketball coach that really pushed his players to be better people...not just players. And boy did he push them...lol. Based on a true story. Wish we had more coaches that felt this way and the school systems supporting it.

And as another sidenote on sports....don't think I mentioned on this thread yet that my freshman daughter starting in high school this year made Varsity on the volleyball team and will be starting. :) Unfortunately due to some surgery that she had recently, she can't play for another 2-3 weeks :( Boy is she ticked...lol. I feel bad for her but we just do what we gotta do. Just glad we got this done before basketball season gets here....oh yeah, her main goal this year was to make Varsity basketball as a freshman. Shes about a 1/4" shy of my height (I am maintaining height authority for as long as I can ok??? lol ) I am 6'3" tall and shes only 14 at that height so no telling what it will be by November :eek:

batteryrequired
08-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Well, I did some cardio on Saturday but that was it for the weekend. Very busy weekend. Last nite was school sign up for the kids, freshman orientation for my oldest daughter, football signup and equipment check out for our boy. Got home finally about 9pm last nite...whew. I guess that was my cardio....lol.

Tonite was chest/tri nite....weigh in at 191lbs.
3 warm up sets on incline
Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/8 reps
Flat bench dumbbell: 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/6 reps, 80lbs/4 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/9 reps, 50lbs/7 reps

EZ-bar skull crushers: 75lbs/8 reps, 75lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
V-bar press downs: 70lbs./8 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/7 reps
Overhead rope: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/6 reps
Dips (bodyweight only): 10 reps and 8 reps

Tri's are totally fried tonite. Scott still showing up regularly now for his workouts with me. He is doing great. Got him started on back tonite along with tri's. His form is coming along great. His arms are hurtin though tonite...lol. Oh i remember those days. Even had him doing pullups to get him started. He felt bad he could only do 2 at a time...but I told him to keep it up every week...he will get stronger. Told him I had to go thru the same thing in order to work up to adding a weight belt. Took me months but was well worth it. He will do awsome if he does what he did tonite and followed thru.

batteryrequired
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Tonite was back/bi nite....weigh in at 191lbs. Holding pretty steady at this weight.

Wide grip pullups: w/10lb dumbbell/9 reps and 7 reps, third set bodyweight only at 7 reps
Close grip pullups: bodyweight only 1 set @ 8 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 150lbs/8 reps, 150lbs/6 reps, 150lbs/6 reps (increase)
Close grip pulldowns: 150lbs/6 reps, 140lbs/6 reps (increase)
T-bar row: 160lbs/ 8 reps, 160lbs/7 reps
Good mornings: 125lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/10 reps (increase)
Dumbbell rows: 80lbs/10 reps, 80lbs/8 reps

EZ-bar curls: 60lbs on bar/10 reps, 60lbs/7 reps (more than last weeks :) )
Hammer curls: 40lbs/5 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Incline curls: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps
Rev. curls on straight bar: 60lbs/5 reps, 60lbs/6 reps

Man did I feel strong tonite. Hoping to increase on some next week as well. I only have about 4 more days of Blue Rhino left and then I will be cycling off for a month after using this for 3 months at Controlled Labs suggestion. Had a pretty good acne breakout last week. Always seems to be about at the same time period after starting a new bottle of the stuff after a one week layoff of it. Tomorrow is shoulders and traps. New guy can barely lift arms today....LOL. He's one hurtin puppy. He is sticking with it though!

batteryrequired
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Tonite was shoulders and traps....weigh in was 193lbs.

4 sets of military warmups...then off to the heavy stuff

Military dumbbell presses: 60lbs/10 reps, 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/6 reps....will increase this to 70lbs next week, first set was to easy :)
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/7 reps, 25lbs/9 reps, 25lbs/7 reps
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/7 reps, 20lbs/9 reps, 20lbs/7 reps
Rear lateral raises: 35lbs/12 reps, 30lbs/10 reps, 30lbs/10 reps

Shrugs: 220lbs/10reps (rear traps), 220lbs/9 reps (front traps), 220lbs/7 reps
Upright rows: 90lbs/9 reps, 90lbs/7 reps

Felt stronger than last weeks shoulder workout. Will be increasing next week.

CONTROLLED LABS
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
nice work bro keep it up :)

Hibiscus09
08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Glad you're having such strong workouts, Batts! :) Cool that Scott is sticking with it also!

I've seen Coach Carter --I enjoyed that movie a lot.

batteryrequired
08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Tonite was leg nite...weigh in at 193lbs.

3 sets of warmups on hack squat and then on to the heavy stuff :)

Hack squats: 290lbs/9 reps, 290lbs/8 reps, 290lbs/8 reps(increase)
45 degree sled leg prsses: 570lbs/8 reps, 570lbs/7 reps, 570lbs/7 reps (increase)
Deadlifts: 275lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/7 reps(big increase here)
Leg ext.: 150lbs/7 reps, 150lbs/6 reps(increase)
Ham curls: 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
45 degree sled calf raises: 570lbs/12 reps, 570lbs/8 reps
Donkey calf raises: 200lbs/10 reps, 200lbs/8 reps

I felt very strong tonite...have been really feeling stronger each week and I am loving it! Almost afraid to let this Blue Rhino run out of my system here pretty soon. But I will deal with that and see what happens. Was told the other nite that it looks like I am putting some size on in spite of what the scale is telling me. I have been up to 210 lbs. before and didn't look this good. So it must be mass that is going on. I have also been supplementing lately with SoBe's No Fear sugar free drink while I am working out. I have been doing this most of the last 3-4 weeks.

On the down side....Scott called yesterday and he woke up with his back in spasms. Good idea for him to back off til Monday and see how he feels. He has always had a back problem with muscles knotting up on him. Working on a light back workout to get some sort of strength in there for him. He hates having that problem dog him.
Tomorrow hopefully I will get some cardio in. Have a great weekend all! Thanks for checking on me Hibby! :) Hibby also has another competition coming up for all of you interested. She took 1st in her class last weekend...Great job Hibby. She will be at the Excalibur next weekend! Shes working hard for it and she will be awsome!

Hibiscus09
08-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Awww, thanks sweetie! Here's a big hug for you! :D

Great job on the workout! You are strong!

jtroster
08-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Batts,

Do you also take Blue Rhino on non-workout days?

batteryrequired
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Yes I do take this on off days. It keeps the test levels steady in your system so that your not constantly trying to reload up. Also it is recommended strongly by the manufacturer. Its just like any other supplement like creatine. Creatine you have to preload up and then use maintainence usage to keep the creatine active in your system. This works pretty much the same way. Good Luck.

batteryrequired
08-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Today was chest/tri day...weigh in at 196-197lbs. Probably from all that good eating at our family reunion on Saturday :) I made that my cheat day for sure. Still look good....thank God for a high metabolism! LOL

3 sets of warmups on incline bench and then on to the heavy stuff.

Incline Bench: 80lbs/9 reps, 80lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Flat bench: 80lbs/6 reps, 80lbs/5 reps, 80lbs/4 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/6 reps, 50lbs/6 reps

EZ-Skull crusher: 75lbs/8 reps, 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Overhead rope tri presses: 55lbs/7 reps, 55lbs/7 reps
Dips: bodyweight/14 reps/10 reps (will add weight next week)

Hanging abdominals: 18 reps/14 reps/12reps
Weighted cable crunches: 60lbs/16 reps/14 reps and 12 reps

Felt pretty good tonite. I felt much stonger on the incline bench tonite. This was my last dose of Blue Rhino also. Will now cycle off for a month at least. This stuff really must get potent in your system towards the month end of a bottle of the stuff as I get a pretty good breakout on my face every time. I am sure that even after I stop using this stuff that it will still be in my system for a week or so since I kept using it even on my off days. I will continue to keep my log updated as I go.

batteryrequired
08-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Last nite there was no lifting due to Volleyball season starting up.

Tonite was back/bi nite....weigh in at 194lbs.

Wide grip Pull ups w/ 15lb dumbbell: 8 reps and 6 reps
Narrow grip pull ups body weight: 7 reps
Wide grip pull downs: 150lbs/8 reps, 150lbs/6 reps, 150lbs/7 reps
Narrow grip pull downs: 150lbs/6 reps, 150lbs/6 reps
T-bar: 175lbs/5 reps, 160lbs/5 reps (increase)
Good mornings: 135lbs/11reps, 135lbs/8 reps
Dumbbell rows: 90lbs/8 reps, 90lbs/6 reps (increase)

Hammer curls: 45lb/5 reps, 40lbs/6 reps, 35lbs/7 reps
EZ-bar curls: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/6 reps, 35lbs/5 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 50lbs/12 reps, 50lbs/9 reps
Felt like a good hard workout tonite even without the Blue Rhino. Hoping to maintain if not continue to increase the weight even after cycling off. Scott finally came back today nursing a still sore back. I have pulled a back muscle myself years and years ago and it takes a looooong time for that to heal completly. Told him to be patient and easy with it for a while.
Tomorrow we are doing shoulders and traps.

batteryrequired
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Tonite is shoulders/traps nite.....weigh in at 194lbs

Started out with four sets of warmups on dumbbell military press

Military dumbbell press: 70lb/5 reps, 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/6 reps, 25lbs/7 reps, 25lbs/7 reps
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/6 reps, 25lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 30lbs/12 reps, 30lbs/10 reps, 30lbs/9 reps
Shrugs: 220lbs/10 reps(rear), 220lbs/9 front, 220lbs/8 reps(rear)
Upright rows: 95lbs/9 reps, 95lbs/8 reps
Incline face down dumbbell shrugs: 60lbs/10 rep, 60lbs/10 reps (new exercise i am trying)

I did do heavier on military at first and did more on side and front laterals. So far still going great. Happy with the weight gaining slowly like it should. Tomorrow will probably be an off nite due to taking daughter for her checkup...hope its the last one. Plus our high school football game opener is tomorrow nite as well.

Hibiscus09
08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Nice workouts, batts! Hope everything goes well for Chelsea! :)

batteryrequired
08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Busy long weekend. Never got a chance to get any cardio in on the treadmill...but the carrying landscaping blocks back and forth for quite a distance for a good half hour I would say qualified for a cardio workout...lol. I won't get my usual Chest/tri day in today as I have a pretty full plate meeting at the Rec Center going over quotes for new gym equipment, then off to the school for 'Back to School Nite' at the high school. Also...my daughter got the 'Ok' for returning to Volleyball. Now just to get enough practices in before she can play. Tomorrow I will get back on exercising and doing Legs since I missed that on Friday.

Hibiscus09
08-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Yay! Glad Chelsea was cleared! :)

Happy Monday!

batteryrequired
08-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Well I managed to get in a leg workout before my daughters first volleyball game (which they won in 3 straight sets)

Weigh in at 195lbs
4 sets of warmups on hack squat

Hack squat: 300lbs/8 reps, 300lbs/7 reps, 300 lbs/6 reps (10lb increase)
45 degree sled leg presses: 590lbs/8 reps, 590lbs/6 reps, 590lbs/6 reps (20lb increase)
Deadlifts: 315lbs/7 reps, 315lbs/7 reps
Leg Extensions: 150lbs/8 reps, 150lbs/7 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
45 degree sled calf press: 610lbs/ 10 reps, 610lbs/9 reps

Pushed myself pretty hard last nite. I could tell later on as my butt was startin to get pretty sore sitting on the hard bleachers for a couple hours....lol. Bleacher butt is bad enough without having to throw leg day in just hours before hand.

Chest/tri day today

batteryrequired
08-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok...I managed to get my chest workout in uninteruppted yesterday but the tri workout got a little broken up so I had Way to much time in between my first tri set and the second set of tri excercises. We had to get with the contractor to find out why we are 2 weeks behind in finishing our weight room. Supposed to have been done on the 17th and they still have the drywalling left to do...not a happy camper am I.

Anyways....weigh in at 193lbs.
3 sets of warmups on flat bench

Flat bench dumbbell presses: 100lbs/7 reps(big increase here :) ) 90lbs/5 reps, 90lbs/5 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 80lbs/4 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
EZ bar skull crushers: 75lbs/7 reps, 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
(now the meeting w/contractor for over a half hour)
V-bar press downs: 75lbs/9 reps, 75lbs/9reps (need to increase)
O/H rope tris: 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/8 reps
Dips: w/ 25lbs weight plate/9 reps and second set at 7 reps

All in all I felt pretty strong, especially once I got the 100lbs dumbbells going. Even without the Blue Rhino I feel like I am making some pretty good progress. I am back on the EAS Phos. creatine now for the past 2 weeks as well.
Back and bi's are today then off to another home volleyball game. She had 10 kills and a couple of aces in her last game :)

batteryrequired
08-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Ok gang...a little behind in my posting of workouts. Kids pretty much have replaced my cardio sessions as running them all over the place with games and practices is keeping me slim....lol

Thursday was back and bi day...weighed in at 195#
Pull ups w/ 15lbs 8 reps, 6 reps, and then 5 reps followed with 6 reps close grip pullups
Wide grip pull downs: 160lbs/6 reps, 160lbs/6 reps (increase)
Close grip pull downs: 160lbs/5 reps, 160lbs/5 reps (increase)
T-bar row: 170lbs/6 reps, 170lbs/5 reps
Good mornings: 145lbs/10 reps, 135lbs/8 reps
Dumbbell rows: 90lbs/ 8 reps, 90lbs/ 6 reps

Hammer curls:45lbs/5 reps, 40lbs/6 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
EZ-bar curls: 50lbs/7 reps, 50lbs/6 reps
Wrist curls behind the back: 95lbs/12 reps, 95lbs/8 reps

A good intense workout and even got to increase the weights on a few things.

batteryrequired
08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Now for yesterdays workout (Friday)....
This was shoulder and traps.....weigh in at194lbs.

3 sets of warmups on side lateral raises

Side lateral raises: 35lbs/6 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/5 reps
Overhead military dumbbell presses: 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises(on incline bench face down): 35lbs/8 reps, 35lbs/8 reps
Shrugs: 230lbs/10 reps, 230lbs/9 reps
Upright rows: 95lbs/9 reps, 95lbs/7 reps
Lying incline bench shrugs(face down): 70lbs/10reps, 70lbs/10 reps

Workouts are still going well even during off cycle of Blue Rhino. I noticed something else to since I have quit using this stuff. I am having more problems with acne breakouts now than when I was taking the Blue Rhino and I seem to be getting stronger yet. I assume after taking it for 3 months that it is still loaded into my system. I didn't think the breakouts would happen this bad afterwards though. Maybe Tank can add to this from his experience with this product as well.

batteryrequired
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Ok gang...been a while since i have posted my workouts. Been a chaotic week.
I did legs on Monday...weighed in at 194#
Warmups on Hack squats

Hack squats: 300lbs/7 rep, 300lbs/6 reps
45degree leg presses: 590lbs/9 reps, 590lbs/7 reps
Leg Extensions: 150lbs/9 reps, 150lbs/7 reps
45degree calf raises: 600lbs/10 reps, 600lbs/9 reps

That was all i got in as the weight room was pretty full and I couldn't find a free bar or space for deadlifts. Was hard to get motivated also.

batteryrequired
09-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Tuesday was an off day. Wednesday was Chest and Tri day...weigh in at 196#
This was a much better lifting day as i went in pumped up and ready to go.

4 sets of warmups on flat bench w/dumbbells
Flat bench dumbbell: 100lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/5 reps, 100lbs/3 reps (big increase)
Incline Bench press: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/4 reps
Decline Flyes: 60lbs/8 reps (increase)
Incline Flyes: 60lbs/7 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/6 reps (big increase)
Overhead rope tris: 60lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/7 reps
Dips w/ 25lbs: 10 reps, 7 reps

First time doing V-bar press downs with 80lbs....felt awsome. Good workout nite! :)

batteryrequired
09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Yesterday was Back and bi's....weigh in at 195lbs

Wide grip pullups w/15lb dumbbell: 9 reps, 6 reps and 6 reps w/ one set of 6 reps close grip
Wide grip pulldowns: 160lbs/7 rep, 160lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 160lbs/7 reps, 160lbs/6 reps
T-bar rows: 180lbs/6 reps, 180lbs/5 reps (increase)
Good mornings: 145lbs/10 reps, 145lbs/8 reps
Dumbbell rows: 100lbs/8 reps, 100lbs/6 reps (increase)

Hammer curls: 45lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/6 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/8 reps, 35lbs/7 reps
EZ-bar curls: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 95lbs/10reps, 95lbs/8 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 50lbs/7 reps

Another great workout day. Had some good increases the past couple of days in my lifting. Reps are increasing nicely in some areas and will have to increase weight in these areas.
Today will be a none workout day with tomorrow being shoulders and traps at home.
As a side note...still having some unusual acne breakouts yet. Will be glad when this passes soon...people are probably beginning to think i am shooting roids now....lol.

batteryrequired
09-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Well its been a while since i have updated my log. Been an extremly busy week. I did get a shoulder/trap workout in on Wednesday so I will post that workout.

Weigh in at 195 lbs.

Warmups on military dumbbell presses

Dumbbell military presses: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/6 reps
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/6 reps, 25lbs/7 reps
Rear lateral raises: 35lbs/10 reps, 35lbs/8 reps

Shrugs: 220lbs/11 reps, 220/9 reps
Rows: 90lbs/9 reps, 90lbs/7 reps

I should be able to get a good leg workout in tonite hopefully.

batteryrequired
09-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Last Friday was a chest/tri workout. I actually got to workout with my fav. old workout partner this time...my wife :) And luckily it was done at the Rec Center this time so that we could actually get something accomplished on the equipment....LOL.

Weigh in at 196lbs
4 sets of warmups on flat bench w/ dumbbells

Flat bench dumbbell press: 100lbs./8 reps, 100lbs/5 reps, 100lbs/3 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Decline dumbbell flyes: 60lbs/7 reps
Incline dumbbell flyes: 60lbs/6 reps

V-bar tri pressdowns: 80lbs/9 reps, 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
EZ-bar skull crushers: 75lbs/5 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
O/H rope tri: 70lbs/6 reps
Dips w/25lb plate: 8 reps and 6 reps

batteryrequired
09-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Saturday morning was leg day...Rec Center is now open on Saturdays so that helps me out a bunch.

Weigh in was at 192lbs

Hack squat: 300lbs/6 reps, 300lbs/6 reps
45 degree sled leg press: 610lbs/8 reps, 610lbs/6 reps (increase)
Deadlifts: 315lbs/9 reps, 315lbs/ 6 reps
Leg ext.: 150lbs/12 reps
Calf on 45 degree sled: 610lbs/10 reps and 8 reps
Donkey calf: 250lbs/7 reps and 6 reps

Tonite will be back and bi nite

Hibiscus09
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Hiya batts! You've been busy in here. Where have I been? :D Great job on the workouts. I noticed a ways back you said you started up on your creatine again. How soon was that after your contest? I meant to ask my nutrition lady if I should start taking that again.

Rage (SoCal)
09-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Saturday morning was leg day...Rec Center is now open on Saturdays so that helps me out a bunch.

Weigh in was at 192lbs

Hack squat: 300lbs/6 reps, 300lbs/6 reps
45 degree sled leg press: 610lbs/8 reps, 610lbs/6 reps (increase)
Deadlifts: 315lbs/9 reps, 315lbs/ 6 reps
Leg ext.: 150lbs/12 reps
Calf on 45 degree sled: 610lbs/10 reps and 8 reps
Donkey calf: 250lbs/7 reps and 6 reps

Tonite will be back and bi nite

So...I'm a bit confused...you are done with the Blue Rhino log correct? Or are you still on it? Do you know if the recommended cycle time of Blue Rhino is 8 weeks, or the optimal running time. I really plan on running Activate for this that long my next cycle and I'm trying to find other natural test booters that work. What are your final thoughts on Blue Rhino? Good log.

batteryrequired
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Hiya batts! You've been busy in here. Where have I been? :D Great job on the workouts. I noticed a ways back you said you started up on your creatine again. How soon was that after your contest? I meant to ask my nutrition lady if I should start taking that again.

Yes I have been very busy lately. Think I started back on the creatine again about 2-3 weeks out. Not really sure but a good guess anyways. I see my log keeps getting lots of views so as long as that happens...I will continue on. :) I visit yours from time to time too...just been so busy lately not much time to post on others threads. Thanks for stoppin by to say "Hiya" :)

batteryrequired
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
So...I'm a bit confused...you are done with the Blue Rhino log correct? Or are you still on it? Do you know if the recommended cycle time of Blue Rhino is 8 weeks, or the optimal running time. I really plan on running Activate for this that long my next cycle and I'm trying to find other natural test booters that work. What are your final thoughts on Blue Rhino? Good log.

Yes, I finished up my Blue Rhino several weeks back. They recommend cycling off every 30 days for a week and then after 3 cycles of this they recommend staying off of it for a month or so. I love the stuff myself. In fact I think the stuff is still pretty potent in my system right now as my lifts are increasing pretty good. The 100lbs dumbbells go up easier and easier as each week passes on flat bench press. Thanks and feel free to ask questions anytime.

batteryrequired
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Last nite was back and bi's nite...weigh in at 196lbs

Wide grip pull-ups w/ 15lb dumbbell: 9 reps/6 reps and 6 reps on each set
Close grip pull-ups: 7 reps
Wide grip pull downs: 160lbs/7 reps, 160lbs/6 reps
Close grip pull downs: 160lbs/8 reps, 160lbs/7 reps
Seated cable rows: 180lbs/6 reps, 170lbs/6 reps
Dumbbell rows: 100lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/5 reps

Hammer curls: 45lbs/5 reps, 40lbs/6 reps
EZ-bar curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/5 reps (increase)
Incline curls: 35lbs/6 reps, 35lbs/5 reps
Behind back wrist curls: 95lbs/10reps, 115lbs/8 reps
EZ-bar reverse curl: 60lbs/5 reps

Had to keep rest between sets shorter tonite due to prior commitments later on. Boy does that make a big difference from going from 2 minutes rest down to 90 seconds.

Rage (SoCal)
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes, I finished up my Blue Rhino several weeks back. They recommend cycling off every 30 days for a week and then after 3 cycles of this they recommend staying off of it for a month or so. I love the stuff myself. In fact I think the stuff is still pretty potent in my system right now as my lifts are increasing pretty good. The 100lbs dumbbells go up easier and easier as each week passes on flat bench press. Thanks and feel free to ask questions anytime.

gotcha, thanks for the info.

batteryrequired
09-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Gee....I finally get time to sit down and update my log. Between volleyball matches and tournaments and football games, I am gettin my cardio from all of that.

Wednesday was shoulders and traps...weigh in at 197#.

3 sets of warmups on dumbbell military presses.

Dumbbell military press: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/4 reps, 70lbs/3 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/6 reps, 30lbs/5 reps, 30lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 40lbs/8 reps, 40lbs/8 reps
Shrugs: 230lbs/10 reps, 230lbs/8 reps, 230lbs/7 reps
Upright rows: 115lbs/6 reps, 115lbs/6 reps
Lying shrugs: 70lbs/10 reps, 70lbs/ 8 reps

batteryrequired
09-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Friday was chest/tri nite (get all good and pumped up before going to the homecoming football game :) )

Weigh in at 195lbs

3 sets of flat bench warmups

Dumbbell flat bench: 100lbs/ 7 reps, 100lbs/5 reps, 100lbs/3 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Decline dumbbell flyes: 60lbs/6 reps
Incline dumbbell flyes: 60lbs/5 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Skull crushers: 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
O/H rope press: 70lbs/6 reps
Dips w/ 25lbs plate: 1 set of 8 reps and 1 set @ 7 reps

Felt very strong tonite all around. Increased weights on tri workouts tonite. Funny...one of the guys from the high school asked if he could feel if that was really my shoulder and trap muscles sticking out thru my shirt....LMAO. Guess this old man still has it!

pu12en12g
09-21-2005, 12:52 AM
How has your libido been since cycling off of Blue Rhino ?

batteryrequired
09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
As strong as ever....wife isn't complaining that is for sure :)

batteryrequired
09-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Last Monday was leg day....weigh in at 195lbs

3 sets of warmups on 45 degree sled leg press (switching this around a bit now)

45 degree sled press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680/6 reps, 680/6 reps (increase since this is first set of leg exercises)
Hack squats: 250lbs/6 reps, 250lbs/6 reps
Deadlifts: 315lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/6 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/10 reps, 680lbs/7 reps

SInce i really increased the weights on the first set of exercises, i could really feel the legs getting the workout. I really pushed myself that nite and man by the next day....my legs were like "What the #$#% did you do???" Oh was i sore...lol. I love it though

batteryrequired
09-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Yesterday (Wednesday) was back and bi's day....weigh in at 197lbs

Wide grip pull ups w/15lbs: 10 reps, 7 reps
Close grip pullups: 6 reps
Wide grip pull downs: 160lbs/7 reps, 160lbs/6 reps
Close grip pull downs: 160lbs/6 reps, 160lbs/6 reps
Seated rows: 170lbs/6 reps, 170lbs/5 reps
Dumbbell rows: 100lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/5 reps

Hammer curls: 45lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/6 reps
EZ-bar curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/4 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/6 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 115lbs/10 reps, 115lbs/8 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 50lbs/6 reps, 50lbs/6 reps

batteryrequired
09-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Friday nite was shoulders and traps....weigh in at 196lbs

4 sets of warmups on side lateral raises.

Side lateral raises: 35lbs/6 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/5 reps
Overhead military presses dumbbells: 60lbs/7 reps, 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 40lbs/8 reps, 40lbs/8 reps

Shrugs: 245lbs/8 reps, 245lbs/8 reps, 245lbs/6 reps
Upright rows: 115lbs/7 reps, 115lbs/6 reps
Lying shrugs: 70lbs/10 reps, 70lbs/10 reps

batteryrequired
09-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Saturday wife and I did chest and tris first thing in the morning....weigh in 194lbs

4 sets of warmups on flat bench

Flat bench dumbbell presses: 100lbs/8 reps, 100lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/4 reps
Incline dumbbell presses: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/7 reps
Incline flyes: 50lbs/5 reps

V-bar press downs: 85lbs/7 reps, 85 lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/5 reps
Skull crushers: 75lbs/5 reps, 70lbs/5 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Dips w/ 25lb plate: 2 sets of 8 reps each

Hibiscus09
09-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Looks like you're doing great with the workouts, batts! :)

batteryrequired
09-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Thanks Hibby. Workouts are sporatic at the moment due to kids sports, but I am getting them in nonetheless. Will be back at it tonite though doing legs....uggg. Tomorrow will be back and bi's, then shoulders on Friday (just before the football game....currently 6-1 and kicking butt) and then chest and tris on Saturday...thats the plan as of now anyways...lol. I got a good cardio workout at the volleyball game last nite...oh my gosh...wound up going to 4 matches and they were all within 2 points on every one of them....a long nite...lol. Ok...time to brag...this other team had a 6' senior that was said to be their best player (and she was)....my 6'2 freshman daughter shut her down....YESSSS! :)
Ok...i am done gloating....lmao. Will update tonite hopefully on my workout.

batteryrequired
09-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Wednesday was leg day....weigh in at 197lbs.

4 warmups on 45 degree sled

45 degree sled leg press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680lbs/6 reps, 680lbs/6 reps
Hack squats: 250lbs/6 reps, 250lbs/6 reps
Deadlifts: 335lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/5 reps
Ham curls: 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/10 reps, 680lbs/8 reps

batteryrequired
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
Tonite was shoulders and traps...weigh in at 197 lbs

4 warmup sets on side lateral raises

Side lateral raise: 35lbs/5 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps
Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/6 reps, 25lbs/5 reps
Rear lateral raises: 45lbs/8 reps, 45lbs/7 reps
Shrugs: 230lbs/8 reps, 230lbs/8 reps
Upright rows: 115lbs/8 reps, 115lbs/6 reps

batteryrequired
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Chest and tri nite tonite....weigh in at 197#. May have to consider diet change to boost something to get the scale to move up. Seem to be stuck at this weight.

3 warm up sets on flat bench press with dumbbells
Tried to jump from 100 to 110lbs dumbbells on benchpress (we have no 105lbs)....almost....but no cigar. Back down to my puny 100lb dumbbells...lol
Flat bench press: 100lbs/9 reps, 100lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/3 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/7 reps
Incline flyes: 50lbs/6 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 85lbs/7 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Skull crushers: 75lbs/6 reps, 75lbs/4 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Overhead rope presses: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Dips w/25lb plate: 8 reps and 8 reps
Felt like a good strong workout tonite. Chest and tris had a tremendous pump afterwards :) Wife likes that alot....lol

batteryrequired
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Saturday morning was back and bi's....weigh in at 196lbs...not bad for 8am. Weight is coming on I am hoping.

Wide grip pullups w/15lbs: 10reps, 8 reps and 7 reps
Close grip pullups w/15lbs: 7 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 160lbs/8 reps, 160lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 160lbs/7 reps, 160lbs/7 reps
Seated rows: 170lbs/8 reps, 170lbs/7 reps
One arm dumbbell rows: 100lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/6 reps

Hammer curls: 45lbs/5 reps, 40lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/5 reps
EZ-bar curls: 70lbs/5 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Behind the back wrist curls straight bar: 95lbs/12 reps, 115lbs/9 reps
Rev. EZ-bar curls: 50lbs/6reps

I felt very strong for being first thing in the morning on back workouts...but I started running out of gas once I got to working on Bi's.

batteryrequired
10-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Tonite was leg nite....weigh in at 199lbs. Wow...I think I might have finally broken thru a platau as far as weigh gain. I even ate decent over the weekend by not cheating much at all.

3 sets of warmups on 45 degree sled leg press

45 degree sled press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680/6 reps, 680/6 reps
Hack squats: 250lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/6 reps
Deadlifts: 335lbs/8 reps, 335lbs/6 reps (increase of 20lbs)
Ham curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/8 reps, 680lbs/7 reps
Leg extensions: 150lbs/10 reps

This was a good nite for lifting. Felt very strong. Surprised I had the energy after spending all day in Indy with my freshman daughter playing basketball in front of about 50 college coaches from all over the country. Her and 299 other girls from Indiana got to play 3 games each so that they could show their stuff. Some awsome ball players there.

batteryrequired
10-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Well....I finally did it. I weighed in at 200lbs...ok, so i cheated a little (had to drink half a pound of water to get there...but hey...whatever it takes....lol)

Tonite was shoulders and traps
3 sets of warmups on side lateral raises

Side lateral raises: 35lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/8 reps
Overhead dumbbell military presses: 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 45lbs/8 reps, 45lbs/6 reps

Shrugs: 245lbs/8 reps for all 3 sets
Upright rows: 115lbs/8 reps, 115lbs/7 reps

Good hard workout. Daughter asked me if i was preping for another contest tonite...said I am getting big :) Thats my girl

batteryrequired
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Tonite was back and bi's nite....weigh in at 198lbs. Dropped 2 since yesterday....hmmm

Wide grip pullups w/15lb dumbbell: 10reps/7 reps/6 reps
Close grip pullups w/15lb dumbbell: 1 set @ 6 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 165lbs/8 reps, 165lbs/5 reps (increase)
Close grip pulldowns: 165lbs/7 reps, 165lbs/6 reps (increase)
Seated cable rows: 175lbs/6 reps, 175lbs/5 reps (increase)
One arm dumbbell rows: 90lbs 1 set at 7 reps

Hammer curls: 45lbs/5 reps, 40lbs/7 rep, 40lbs/6 reps
EZ-bar curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 125lbs/10 reps, 125lbs/8 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 60lbs 1 set @ 5 reps

A 5 lb increase on some of the lifts. Acne breakouts are finally starting to minimize. Finally. Think it is the hormones trying to level itself out back to normal again. Mass is still coming on nicely with minimal bodyfat. Tomorrow or Saturday will be chest and tri workout.

Hibiscus09
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I can send you some of my birth control pills if you are missing the acne. That ought to throw your hormones out of whack. LOL I just started back up on the things and within 2 days got moody and a couple of zits. Wonderful. :p

That's cool about Chelsea and the basketball stuff. I hope she showed her skills off well for the scouts. :)

Congrats on the weightgaining. You're doing great!

Nice job on the workouts also!

batteryrequired
10-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks Hibby...but thats ok. I don't miss it that much...lol. Boy those things must work on ya fast to hit within 2 days...wow.

Well today was chest and tri day....weigh in at 198lbs, pretty good for first thing in the morning. I set a new personal best today. I finally got the 110lb dumbbells up and going...YESSSSS!!!!

3 warmup sets on flat bench with dumbbells

Flat bench dumbbell presses: 110lbs/6 reps (PB), 100/4 reps, 100/5 reps
Incline dumbbell bench: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/8 reps
Incline flyes: 50lbs/7 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 85lbs/7 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Skull crushers: 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Dips w/25lb plate: 8 reps, 7 reps

Boy was I pumped and ready to go after getting the 110lb dumbbells up and going. Pam was just as excited as I was seeing the things go up. A big 10lb jump is alot. We don't have 5lb increments on our weights over 50lbs. Which sucks big time, but will change hopefully by November sometime once we get our new equipment in at the Rec Center.

batteryrequired
10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Today was leg day...weigh in at 200lbs

3 sets of warmups on the 45 degree sled

45 degree sled press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680/6 reps, 680/6 reps
Hack squats: 270lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/6 reps
Deadlifts: 335lbs/8 reps, 335lbs/5 reps
Ham curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/4 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/10 reps, 680lbs/8 reps
Leg extensions: 150lbs/10 reps, 150lbs/8 reps

Felt weak today. Didn't eat right all day so that didn't help any. Spent the morning at the hospital after we took my mother in for heart catheterization surgery to check for a blockage. No blockage found so that was good news.

batteryrequired
10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Today was back and bi day....weigh in at 199lbs

Wide grip pullups w/20lb dumbbell: 8reps/6 reps/4 reps (increase wgt.)
Close grip pullups w/20lb dumbbell: 1 set @ 5 reps(increase wgt.)
Wide grip pulldowns: 170lbs/8 reps, 170lbs/5 reps (increase)
Close grip pulldowns: 170lbs/6 reps, 170lbs/5 reps (increase)
Seated cable rows: 175lbs/8 reps, 175lbs/6 reps
One arm dumbbell rows: 80lbs 1 set at 7 reps

Hammer curls: 40lbs/7 reps, 40lbs/6 rep, 40lbs/4 reps
EZ-bar curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 35lbs/8 reps, 35lbs/7 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 115lbs/10 reps, 125lbs/8 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 50lbs 1 set @ 9 reps

batteryrequired
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Been a few days since i have updated here. Wednesday was shoulders/traps nite.

Weigh in at 200lbs.
3 sets of warmups on side lateral raises.

Side lateral raises: 35lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/9 reps, 30lbs/8 reps.
Overhead dumbbell military presses: 60lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/8 reps (need to increase next week)
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/7 reps, 25lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 45lbs/6 reps
Shrugs: 245lbs/9 reps, 245lbs/8 reps
Upright rows: 115/6 reps

Was an off nite to do the workout as I couldn't get into the gym until later. Didnt' have the usual preworkout meal planned out timewise. Sometimes things come up and you just have to go with it and get your workout in when you can...if you can. If you can't...theres always tomorrow.

batteryrequired
10-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Friday was chest/tri day. Got my workout in before the final conference football game which we won and clinched the NECC title for the first time since 1981! :)

Ok...back to the workout...weigh in at 199lbs
3 sets of warmups on flat bench.
No workout partner tonite so decided to forego the 110lb dumbbells and stuck with the 100lbs ones, only making the 100lbs dumbbells go slower and really making it work hard.

Flat bench dumbbell press: 100lbs/8 reps, 100lbs/5 reps, 100lbs/4 reps
Incline dumbbell bench: 80lbs/6 reps, 80lbs/5 reps (increase from 70lbs)
Decline flyes: 50lbs/10 reps, 50lbs/7 reps

EZ-bar skull crushers: 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/6 reps, 75lbs/7 reps (increase from last week)
V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/6 reps(increased), 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/5 reps
Dips w/ 25lb plate: 8 reps and 7 reps

I had some very good increases tonite in other areas. I felt very strong going into the gym. Still wasn't comfortable enough though to risk the 10lb jump on the flat bench. Risking injury isn't worth that chance with no spotter around.

batteryrequired
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Tuesday was a leg day. Got a pretty early start to my workout more than usual as the company I worked for layed off 225 of us administrative people.

Weigh in at 198lbs

3 sets of warmups on the 45 degree sled

45 degree sled press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680/7 reps, 680/6 reps
Hack squats: 270lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/7 reps
Deadlifts: 335lbs/8 reps, 335lbs/6 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/10 reps, 680lbs/9 reps
Leg extensions: 175lbs/8 reps
Standing calves: 245lbs/12 reps, 280lbs/10 reps

batteryrequired
10-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Wednesday morning I got to go in at 8am bright and early. Going to enjoy my day off.
Weigh in at 198lbs

Wide grip pullups w/20lb dumbbell: 8reps/6 reps/5 reps
Close grip pullups w/20lb dumbbell: 1 set @ 5 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 170lbs/7 reps, 170lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 170lbs/7 reps, 170lbs/6 reps
Seated cable rows: 175lbs/6 reps, 175lbs/5 reps
One arm dumbbell rows: 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps

Hammer curls: 40lbs/7 reps, 40lbs/6 rep, 40lbs/5 reps
EZ-bar curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/5 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 115lbs/10 reps, 125lbs/9 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 50lbs 1 set @ 7 reps

Felt weak this morning compared to after work workouts.

batteryrequired
10-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Thursday morning I got up even earlier so that I could get a jump start on things. Went in at 6:30am, also so that I do not get to used to sleeping in.
Weigh in at 200lbs
I did 4 sets of warmups on shoulders (one extra warmup set due to first thing in the morning)
Overhead dumbbell military presses: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/5 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/6 reps.
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/7 reps, 25lbs/6 reps
Rear lateral raises: 45lbs/9 reps, 45lbs/8 reps
Shrugs: 245lbs/9 reps, 245lbs/8 reps, 245lb/7 reps
Upright rows: 115/7 reps, 115lbs/6 reps

By later in the day I am getting antsy for something to do. Need to get back to work. TIme off is nice....but I don't like this. Never been layed off before. Have worked everyday since i have been out of school. This is strange to me.

batteryrequired
10-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Saturday morning....Chest/tri day....weigh in at 198lbs

Flat bench dumbbell press: 110lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/7 reps, 100lbs/4 reps
Incline dumbbell bench: 80lbs/6 reps, 80lbs/5 reps
Decline flyes: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/6 reps

EZ-bar skull crushers: 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/5 reps, 75lbs/5 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/5 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Dips w/ 25lb plate: 9 reps and 8 reps

Boy I felt weak this morning. I struggled gettin the 110lb dumbbells up in the air. Think alot of it is due to not eating right after my usual schedule is messed up with me being home now everyday. Got to get into a new routine for now until a new job comes up.

Good news is....new flooring is installed in the new weight room, all glued down. Base board will go down soon and then we can start putting in the new weight equipment as it comes in :)

batteryrequired
10-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Yesterday was leg day...and boy was I dead after that
Weigh in at 201lbs

4 sets of warmups on 45 degree leg press
45 degree sled press: 680lbs/8 reps, 680/7 reps, 680/6 reps
45degree sled calf raises: 680lbs/10 reps, 680lbs/9 reps
Hack squats: 270lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/8 reps
Leg extensions: 175lbs/9 reps
Standing calves: 280lbs/10 reps, 280lbs/9 reps

batteryrequired
10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
This morning was back and bi day. Weigh in at 200lbs. Weight is staying pretty steady now at this weight.

Wide grip pullups w/15lb dumbbell: 8reps/7 reps/6 reps
Close grip pullups w/15lb dumbbell: 1 set @ 7 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 170lbs/7 reps, 170lbs/6 reps
Seated cable rows: 175lbs/7 reps, 175lbs/5 reps
Good mornings: 95lbs/10 reps, 95lbs/10 reps
EZ-bar curls: 75lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Seated Surpinated curls: 40lbs/5 reps, 35lbs/7 rep, 35lbs/5 reps
Behind the back wrist curls: 115lbs/12 reps, 115lbs/10 reps
EZ-bar rev. curls: 55lbs/8 reps, 55lbs/6 reps

Didn't feel to bad after I finally got going. Was a rough morning trying to get motivated. Tomorrow will be a non workout day, but will start putting my cardio back into work now on these days doing HIIT...only at a more moderate rate this time around.

tattoo697
10-26-2005, 06:13 AM
hey batt, i have read most of your log i was wondering what your final opion of blue rino was? size and strength stay ?

thanx for any input you might share ..

batteryrequired
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Tattoo...I had very good results with the Blue Rhino. Just take according to the directions. Tank from Controlled Labs was a pretty good help to me along the way. I am so far maintaining what gains I have made plus I am continuing to make gains even after going off the stuff. I am not sure what your age is, but you may want to give it a shot if your seriously considering it.

batteryrequired
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Today was the start up of cardio once again. I did 5 minutes of warmups then did 2 minutes of hard running then 1 minute of jogging. I did this off and on for 20 minutes and then another 5 minutes for a cool down. I am taking my cardio a little less intense this time around so that I don't sacrifice muscle mass. I am also taking L-glutamine before and after my cardio to see if that will help out as well. Tomorrow will be shoulders and traps.

batteryrequired
10-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Shoulders and traps this morning....weigh in at 200lbs.

4 sets of warmups on military dumbbell presses
Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/7 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps.
Front lateral raises: 25lbs/7 reps, 25lbs/7 reps
Rear lateral raises: 40lbs/10 reps, 45lbs/10 reps
Shrugs: 245lbs/9 reps, 245lbs/8 reps, 245lb/8 reps
Upright rows: 115/8 reps, 115lbs/6 reps

Felt a little bit weak this morning...but the workout felt great. Got a good start to the day. :)

batteryrequired
10-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Yesterday was chest and tri's nite at the gym with the wife....weigh in at 200lbs.

4 sets of warmups on the flat bench with dumbbells
Flat bench dumbbell presses: 110lbs/6 reps, 100 lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/4 reps
Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/5 reps, 80lbs/6 reps
Decline Flyes: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/8 reps
Incline Flyes: 50lbs/7 reps
Skull crushers: 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/5 reps, 75lbs/6 reps
V-bar press downs: 90lbs/5 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/5 reps
Dips w/25lb plate: 9 reps

A good hard and intense workout yesterday, felt very strong. This morning I did my HIIT cardio on the treadmill.

Also yesterday some of the new equipment came in for the new gym addition at the Rec Center. The dumbbell set came in with an offset rack. 2 1/2lb dumbbells all the way up to 100 in 5 lb increments. From 2 1/2 on up to 25lbs they are all in 2 1/2lb increments. Good stuff too....all the rubber coated hex heads.

batteryrequired
11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Monday was leg day...weighed in at 198lbs

45 degree sled press: 700lbs/8 reps, 700/6 reps, 700/6 reps (increase)
Deadlifts: 365lbs/7 reps, 365lbs/5 reps (increase)
45degree sled calf raises: 700lbs/10 reps, 700lbs/7 reps (increase)
Hack squats: 270lbs/8 reps, 250lbs/8 reps
Leg extensions: 175lbs/10 reps
Ham curls: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Standing calves: 280lbs/10 reps, 280lbs/8 reps

I felt very strong that day as you can see by the gains...20lb increase on 45 sled press and 40lbs on the deadlifts. I pretty much forced myself thru these gains. My legs feel it too. :)

batteryrequired
11-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Mixing things up a bit in my routine. Going for arms only today working opposing body parts now. Weigh in at 200lbs

EZ-bar curls: 75lbs/8 reps, 75lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 40lbs/3 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/6 reps
Skull crushers: 80lbs/9 reps, 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/6 reps
V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/7 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Hammer curls: 35lbs/9 reps, 35lbs/8 reps
Behind the back straight bar wrist rev. curls: 125lbs/12 reps, 125lbs/9 reps
Overhead dumbbell tri press: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/7 reps

Will try this out now for a few weeks to see if I can break thru some plateaus. Friday will be chest and back.

batteryrequired
11-03-2005, 04:12 PM
This morning was shoulders and traps.....weigh in at 201lbs. Probably that extra pound came from the carry in dinner for the football banquet last nite...wow lots of good (bad) food :) Cheesy potatoes, mac. salad, potato salad, BBQ mini weinies, meatballs....was definitly a carb day....lol. Its great being a hardgainer LOL

OK....back to the workout
4 sets of warmups on military dumbbell presses
Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/8 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps.
Rear lateral raises: 40lbs/10 reps, 45lbs/10 reps
Shrugs: 245lbs/10 reps, 245lbs/8 reps, 245lb/8 reps
Upright rows: 115/8 reps, 115lbs/6 reps

batteryrequired
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
This morning was a first for my supersetting chest and back together.
Weigh in at 200lbs.

The next two will be supersets, one set of chest immediatly followed by one set of back exercises

Flat bench dumbbell presses: 100lbs/8 reps, 100lbs/5 reps, 100lbs/3 reps
Wide grip pullups w/ 20lbs: 6 reps, 5 reps 6 reps (no weight)

Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/ 8 reps, 80lbs/6 reps

Decline flyes: 60lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 170lbs/6 reps, 170lbs/5 reps

Dips w/ 25lbs: 9 reps, 8 reps
Seated rows: 175lbs/7 reps, 175lbs/5 reps

Good mornings: 95lbs/10 reps, 95lbs/8 reps
Dumbbell rows: 90lbs/8 reps, 90lbs/6 reps

A good upper body pump after that workout. I felt tired but at the same time it felt great.

On a bummer note, just got back from the doctors office with my 14 year old daughter that was supposed to be the starting center for the high school basketball team tonite....she rolled her ankle of all things last nite at practice and wound up with a secondary ligament sprain. Foot is now in an air cast for at least 4-5 days. She is so mad, poor kid. Will miss the first few games of the season.

pu12en12g
11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Battery.. how many bottles of Blue Rhino have you used total ?

batteryrequired
11-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I used 3 bottles total. Want to cycle back on again...but due to being unemployed...holding off on that for now.

batteryrequired
11-10-2005, 03:42 AM
Time for an update since I have put it off all week so far. Monday I did shoulders and traps instead of my usual leg day. I was feeling a bit queasy like the rest of my family (some bug is trying to get us all this week) and I knew that leg day was gut wrenching anyways so decided to avoid legs altogether this week.

Weigh in at 201lbs

4 sets of warmups on military dumbbell presses.
Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps.
Lying rear lateral raises: 15lbs/12 reps, 20lbs/6 reps
Shrugs: 255lbs/8 reps, 255lbs/8 reps, 255lb/8 reps
Upright rows: 115/6 reps, 115lbs/6 reps

I managed to stay with 70lbs on all 3 sets of the military dumbbell presses today. For feeling under the weather all day Sunday and starting out that way first thing Monday morning...I certainly felt stronger for some reason. Besides...wanted to put off legs until Monday next week in hopes that all the rest of the equipment comes in for the new weight room this week so that I can actually do squats. Not possible to do squats in our current weight room.

batteryrequired
11-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Wednesday was arm day...tris/bi's.....weigh in at 200lbs

Decided to superset arms today

Skull crushers: 80lbs/9 reps, 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
EZ-Bar curls: 80lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps

Incline curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

O/H tri press: 70lbs/9 reps, 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
Hammer curls: 40lbs/5 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

Rev. tri-pressdowns: 50lbs/7 reps, 50lbs/8 reps
Behind back wrist curls: 135lbs/10 reps, 135lbs/8 reps

Reverse curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps

Good arm pump for the day :)

icanrace
11-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Wednesday was arm day...tris/bi's.....weigh in at 200lbs

Decided to superset arms today

Skull crushers: 80lbs/9 reps, 80lbs/8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
EZ-Bar curls: 80lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/6 reps

Incline curls: 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

O/H tri press: 70lbs/9 reps, 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
Hammer curls: 40lbs/5 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

Rev. tri-pressdowns: 50lbs/7 reps, 50lbs/8 reps
Behind back wrist curls: 135lbs/10 reps, 135lbs/8 reps

Reverse curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps

Good arm pump for the day :)

very nice log battery! Nice to see another hoosier on the board :)

I was wondering if your face is where the acne mainly broke out at?

Can you honestly say you got any size at all from this? Sounds like the strength was definatly a plus.

Did you get any headaches from this product?

Your log has been awesome to read! Thanks for the feedback

Hibiscus09
11-10-2005, 04:48 AM
Nice workout, batts! I hope you and the family are feeling better. :)

batteryrequired
11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks icanrace. It was mostly my face but I did get some outbreaks on other areas as well, arms, legs and shoulders from time to time. Got thru that part finally and things are normal again. I got a lot of strength from it for sure. It helped me break thru some platues. No headaches from what I can think of.

We are all at about 95% now Hibby, thanks :) Boy it was rough getting thru all of this. Chelseas ankle is doing much better, we go for another electro treatment today. Hope she is only off another week before she can play. I don't want to push it. They had their first game last nite...they started 2 other freshman on Varsity with Chelsea on the bench, that would have been 3 freshman starting. They lost but man they looked great and held their own for a young team. They just need Chelsea in there for rebounds. They need their tall girl back in there :) She is practically begging to play right now....LOL

batteryrequired
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
This mornings workout was a superset chest/back workout....weigh in at 202lbs.

The next two will be supersets, one set of chest immediatly followed by one set of back exercises

I used my 3lb. wrist weights to add 3 lbs for the 100lb dumbbells.
Flat bench dumbbell presses: 103lbs/8 reps, 103lbs/6 reps, 100lbs/4 reps
Wide grip pullups w/ 20lbs: 7 reps, 5 reps 6 reps (no weight)

Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/ 8 reps, 80lbs/6 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 170lbs/7 reps, 170lbs/5 reps

Decline flyes: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 170lbs/5 reps, 170lbs/5 reps

Incline flyes: 50lbs/7 reps, 50lbs/6 reps
Seated rows: 175lbs/6 reps, 175lbs/5 reps

Good mornings: 95lbs/10 reps, 95lbs/8 reps
Dumbbell rows: 90lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/7 reps

Started running out of steam it seemed like on pulldowns. I was pretty wore out by the time I finished this in an hours time. It was a good intense hard workout.

batteryrequired
11-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Saturday morning...another arm superset day....weigh in at 202lbs

Skull crushers: 85lbs/8 reps, 85lbs/8 reps, 85lbs/8 reps (increase by 5lbs...need to increase by 5 again next time)
EZ-Bar curls: 85lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/4 reps

Close grip flat bench press: 95lbs/9 reps, 95lbs/9 reps, 95lbs/8 reps
Hammer curls: 40lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/5 reps, 40lbs/4 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/6 reps, 85lbs/5 reps
Incline curls: 35lbs/9 reps, 35lbs/7 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

Intense :)

By the way...I have been accepted for another test round for the Met-Rx Amped ECN product now. Thus will come to a sad end to this thread...it had to happen sometime. I will be starting a new thread in a couple of weeks called Batteryrequired Amped ECN Log. I will keep this one going until then.

batteryrequired
11-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Well...figured I better catch up on my log. Its Saturday and I will start out with Mondays log...lol. Yes, a week behind. Hard to believe I am layed off from work, you would think I would have plenty of time for the computer. To dang busy...lol.

Leg day on Monday.....weigh in at 200lbs

45 degree sled press: 700lbs/6 reps, 700/6 reps, 700/5 reps
Leg extensions: 175lbs/10 reps/ 175lbs/8 reps
Ham curls: 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/4 reps
Standing calves: 280lbs/10 reps, 280lbs/8 reps
Donkey calf: 220lbs/8 reps, 220lbs/6 reps

batteryrequired
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Tuesday was arm superset day.....weigh in at 200lbs

Skull crushers: 90lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/5 reps, 85lbs/7 reps (increase)
EZ-Bar curls: 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/7 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/7 reps, 85lbs/7 reps, 85lbs/6 reps
Incline curls: 40lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/6 reps, 40lbs/5 reps (increase)

O/H tri press: 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/7 reps
Hammer curls: 35lbs/8 reps, 35lbs/7 reps

Behind back wrist curls: 135lbs/9 reps, 135lbs/9 reps
Reverse curls: 50lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/8 reps

Arms are getting stronger on the tricep portion

batteryrequired
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Wednesday was shoulder day....weigh in at 200lbs.

Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/5 reps, 70lbs/5 reps
Side lateral raises: 35lbs/6 reps, 35lbs/5 reps, 30lbs/6 reps. (increase)
Front lateral raises: 30lbs/6 reps, 30lbs/5 reps (increase)
Lying rear lateral raises: 20lbs/6 reps, 20lbs/6 reps
Shrugs: 255lbs/6 reps, 255lbs/6 reps
Upright rows: 115/6 reps, 115lbs/4 reps

batteryrequired
11-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Friday was chest/back superset day...our new weight room is open so I am having to get used to the new benches and weights. Benches felt funny so I was having a tough time starting my heavy presses til I get used to how to stabilize myself on it. Funny how just a simple bench change can throw you off. Pull ups and pull downs were the same way. I no longer have to worry about coming off the floor from pulldowns now as we have an actual bench that you can slip your knees under to keep you down on the bench... :) Oh the things some of you guys have taken for granted I am now getting to use....lol. Cable cross-overs too.... :) Yippee!!! I am in heaven!!! Was a lot of hard work the past 6 months but we finally pulled it off. We also just installed a 50 some inch plasma TV in there for the cardio area. People are loving this now. People are also showing up now as the other room was so small. "Build it and they will come" has been my vison all along and its happening.

Ok...back to my workout...forgot to weigh in as I was to excited to try this stuff out...lol. But my weight after my workout was 204lbs

4 sets of warm ups
Wide grip pullups w/ 20lbs: 5 reps, (no weight) 6 reps, 5 reps

Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/ 6 reps, 80lbs/6 reps
Wide grip pulldowns: 175lbs/7 reps, 175lbs/6 reps

Upper cable xovers: 40lbs/9 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 175lbs/5 reps, 175lbs/5 reps

Lower cable xovers: 40lbs/8 reps, 40lbs/8 reps
Seated rows: 175lbs/5 reps, 160lbs/6 reps

Dumbbell rows: 90lbs/7 reps

Seated cable rows even felt different without having to sit on the floor for a change. Actually have a bench with foot rest now.

Here's a before and after pic. After pic isn't complete put a partial of the equipment that came in. Will have to post a newer one later.

batteryrequired
11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Update time....Monday was superset arms...weigh in at 202lbs

Skull crushers: 90lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/5 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
EZ-Bar curls: 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 90lbs/6 reps, 80lbs/7 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
Hammer curls: 40lbs/8 reps, 40lbs/7 reps, 40lbs/7 reps

Rev. grip tri pressdowns: 60lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/9 reps
D-Ring bi curls: 50lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/9 reps, 60lbs/7 reps

EZ bar rev. curls: 50lbs/5 reps, 50lbs/7 reps
Behind back wrist curls: 95lbs/8 reps, 95lbs/6 reps

batteryrequired
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Today was shoulders...forgot to weigh in, no scale in new weight room yet.

Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/7 reps, 70lbs/4 reps, 65lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 35lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/7 reps.
Front lateral raises: 30lbs/5 reps, 27.5lbs/5 reps
Lying rear lateral raises: 20lbs/8 reps, 20lbs/6 reps
2 sets of front/rear delts on Quantum resistance machine.

That was it for the day. Tomorrow I will be actually looking forward to leg day for a change. In the new weight room I will be able to use the squat rack to do squats for a change. Never had the room or the ability to do those in the old room. Hopefully this will stimulate some new growth in my legs now that I badly need. The shipment for the new test I will be doing went out and should arrive early next week hopefully. I will start my new log at that time. I will try and keep the same format but may add diet to it this time. I will also get some before pics taken next week.....oh joy, just after a fattening weekend of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pies, wifes homemade breads, cheeseballs & crackers, you name it...I will consume it :) I also may start getting ready for a competition in Illinois in April. Not decided for sure yet. Dexter Jackson will be a guest poser. Ottawa, Il is the place. Still plenty of time to decide.

batteryrequired
11-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Saturday was chest and back superset day. I weighed in at 200lbs. I am amazed that I didn't gain weight with all that I ate the two days prior, which mainly consisted of breads and good ole starchy foods along with lots of deserts as well. :)

Back to the workout...4 sets of warmups on flat bench with dumbbells

Wide grip pullups: 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps

Incline dumbbell presses: 80lbs/ 8 reps, 80lbs/7 reps (need to increase)
Wide grip pulldowns: 175lbs/7 reps, 175lbs/5 reps

Upper cable xovers: 50lbs/8 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Close grip pulldowns: 175lbs/5 reps, 175lbs/5 reps

Lower cable xovers: 40lbs/7 reps, 40lbs/7 reps
Seated rows: 145lbs/6 reps, 145lbs/5 reps

Seated rows sure don't take near as much weight on this new equipment. Cable crossovers are taking some time getting used to doing also. Working on making sure I have the correct form down. My wife loves these too. I may have one last entry before my new product arrives and I start a new thread.

Hibiscus09
11-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi batts! :) I've been eating tons also and have only had minimal scale weight gain. Hopefully, that will be gone tomorrow as I behaved today. ;)

Good luck with your April contest decision. I don't think I'll ever do one again. :p

batteryrequired
11-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Well time to update. Hibby...I just finally threw out all the deserts that were left over at our house...lol. I actually feel better now that i am back on a normal diet again. I was feelin kinda weighed down there for a day or so.

Monday was arm superset day....weigh in at 201lbs

3 sets of warmups
Skull crushers: 90lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/5 reps, 80lbs/7 reps
EZ-Bar curls: 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/6 reps, 70lbs/6 reps

V-bar pressdowns: 110lbs/10 reps, 90lbs/6 reps, 90lbs/5 reps
D-ring curls: 60lbs/10 reps, 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/7 reps

Overhead rope tris: 70lbs/9 reps, 70lbs/8 reps
Hammer curls: 40lbs/7 reps, 40lbs/6 reps

EZ bar rev. curls: 60lbs/6 reps, 60lbs/6 reps
Behind back wrist curls: 95lbs/9 reps, 95lbs/8 reps

batteryrequired
11-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Tuesday I started my HIIT cardio back up again. A good half hour stint on the treadmill.

Today was shoulder/traps
Overhead military dumbbell press: 70lbs/8 reps, 70lbs/5 reps, 65lbs/6 reps
Side lateral raises: 30lbs/8 reps, 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/6 reps.
Front lateral raises: 27.5lbs/6 reps, 27.5lbs/5 reps
D-ring rear lateral raises: 30lbs/7 reps, 30lbs/6 reps
Upright rows: 115lbs/6 reps, 115lbs/6 reps
Shrugs w/ 100lb dumbbells: 10/10

batteryrequired
12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Well...as with all things...some things must eventually come to an end. Thanks to everyone for supporting me thru this and for following along. Hope I have helped some people out and gave others some motivation. I am starting a new thread now called "Batteryrequired Met-RX Amped Log" for those of you that want to follow along. I appreciate everyones input as well.

Here is a link to the new thread....
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=7894428#post7894428