Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 08:07 AM
So this is the year....
How many Steelers fan are here?

Sunday, Sept. 9 @ Browns W 34-7 (1-0)
Sunday, Sept 16 vs. Bills W 26-3 (2-0)
Sunday, Sept. 23 vs. 49ers 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Sept. 30 @ Cardinals 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 7 vs. Seahawks 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Oct. 14 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets 1 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Dec. 9* @ Patriots 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 16* vs. Jaguars 1 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Dec. 20 @ Rams 8:15 p.m. (KDKA/NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 30 @ Ravens 1 p.m. (CBS)

I will predict The Steelers to end the regular season with record 13-3...and try to win another one...VVV

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20060605pd_sbxl_ringPJ_450.jpg

Blake Austin
09-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Not a fan of the team, but those throwback uni's they wore yesterday were friggin' sweet!

M4A1 Widowmaker
09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I have a picture of the first 4 Super Bowl trophies on my comp.

I used to bartend for the company that caters all of their big parties at the practice facility. Been in the weight room too.

Met a few of em, cool guys.

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Not a fan of the team, but those throwback uni's they wore yesterday were friggin' sweet!

I didn't like the uniform that much...but i did like the way they played...

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I have a picture of the first 4 Super Bowl trophies on my comp.

I used to bartend for the company that caters all of their big parties at the practice facility. Been in the weight room too.

Met a few of em, cool guys.

can you post that pic?? want to see it..

MrGuitar
09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Why didnt you post this in the sports forum?

clantigua
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Go Steelers!!!! Go Steelers!!!!

BOZZ
09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
i'll move this to the sports forum for ya...

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 12:05 PM
i'll move this to the sports forum for ya...

please do it because i didn't know what i was thinking....LOL

Callaar21
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Pittsburgh!! Not much else to say , been a life long fan of the team and the city of Pittsburgh.

j_neatherlin
09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
i'm not a Steelers fan, but at the Gold's gym i used to go to in Atlanta, I used to see Jerome Bettis all the time.

snwdevl10
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Big Steelers fan here...ever since I was a kid, like 8 or 9. Still have my Bettis jersey from back in the day, it's getting a little small though :(

I thought they looked awesome too...I'm gonna try and find one to buy since my old one is getting small.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
GO STEELERS

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
how do you guys think they'll end the season? record?
I'd say they easily could finish with 13-3 or 12-4...
then beat the Colts (yes, just like we did in 2005) and then beat the Patriots on the AFC championship game...once The Steelers reach the Superbowl, it doesn't matter who they play against, NFC teams suck big time!!

Ruger357
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
They don't really need a sports forum, just a Steelers forum will suffice. Next week will be our first real challenge against the 49ers. Best thing that happened yesterday was watching the Bungels lose.

clantigua
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
They don't really need a sports forum, just a Steelers forum will suffice. Next week will be our first real challenge against the 49ers. Best thing that happened yesterday was watching the Bungels lose.

next week results will be:

Steelers 35 SF49ers 10

FormulaLT1poweR
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Sunday, Sept. 9 @ Browns W 34-7 (1-0)
Sunday, Sept 16 vs. Bills W 26-3 (2-0)
Sunday, Sept. 23 vs. 49ers W 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Sept. 30 @ Cardinals W 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 7 vs. Seahawks W 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Oct. 14 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos W 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals W 1 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens L 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns W 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets L 1 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins W 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals W 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Dec. 9* @ Patriots L 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 16* vs. Jaguars L 1 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Dec. 20 @ Rams W 8:15 p.m. (KDKA/NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 30 @ Ravens L 1 p.m. (CBSs)

how do you guys think they'll end the season? record?
I'd say they easily could finish with 13-3 or 12-4...
then beat the Colts (yes, just like we did in 2005) and then beat the Patriots on the AFC championship game...once The Steelers reach the Superbowl, it doesn't matter who they play against, NFC teams suck big time!!

I'll say 11-5, win the North Division barely ahead of the Ravens. Then get the #2 spot in the playoffs...play the Broncos in the Divisonal Round. AFC Championship beat the winner of Indy/New England. Then a SB rematch w/ Pittsburgh vs Dallas in the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh winning and taking the lead w/ won Super Bowls for #6!

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I'll say 11-5, win the North Division barely ahead of the Ravens. Then get the #2 spot in the playoffs...play the Broncos in the Divisonal Round. AFC Championship beat the winner of Indy/New England. Then a SB rematch w/ Pittsburgh vs Dallas in the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh winning and taking the lead w/ won Super Bowls for #6!

nah...i think pittsburgh probably will lose their first one against the Bengals(Oct 28) or Ravens(Nov 5)...
and you're right, i really would like to see Steelers-Cowboys in superbowl...to get revenge!!!

snwdevl10
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM

I don't think the niners are that good...I watched the Cardinals play them and wasn't too impressed. Should be a good game though.

I like the way that sounds :cool:

aaron482
09-17-2007, 05:19 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO, PITTSBURGHS GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL...great song from the old b94, good start to the year

wsuwarrior
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Theres no way the Steelers will get past the Pats or Colts. Just isnt happening.

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Theres no way the Steelers will get past the Pats or Colts. Just isnt happening.

same thing they said in 05-06 when the Steelers had to win ALL remaining games just to get the LAST playoff spot and then play against the top 3 teams in the AFC that year (Bengals, Colts and Broncos) on the ROAD and then go and beat Seattle in superbowl XL...yes, we DID and yes can happen AGAIN!!!!!

Ruger357
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM

More concerned with the Pats then the Colts. Even without the cheating, the Pats look dominating. With the Colts you just have to crack the line. Manning goes down with the touch of a finger. He's going to last a long time, doesn't want to get hurt.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Try telling us that in 2005...

Our Defense is BETTER than it was in 2005, and is only getting better. The only "bad" spot to our team right now is the Offensive Line. Tomlin has already addressed that as a focal point in the weeks coming.

BigVic5
09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1861/steelersgirlmh0.jpg

black and gold baby!!!

ossumday1
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Phew my parents grew up in Pittsburgh and raised me a die-hard Steelers fan but now I'm living in Ravens country...It's nice to be able to talk a lot of smack though when the Steelers do well..Ravens fans are pricks.

BigVic5
09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
ok everyone, the Pittsburgh-San Francisco game is tomorrow and i would like to know what people think the final score will be....
i honestly predict that:
49ers 13
Steelers 35

what do you think??

trek_6k
09-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Another Steelers fan reporting in!!! Glad to see some others on here!!

jayson86
09-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Here we go steelers here we go!

STEELERS NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSP10
09-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think the niners are that good...I watched the Cardinals play them and wasn't too impressed. Should be a good game though.

I like the way that sounds :cool:

They're the last ranked offense (49ers), and while I'm not a fan of the Steelers (Seahawks fan), I want them to beat the 49ers. For this week only: Go Steelers!

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Rossum for the score!!!!!!!!! Guess we'll have to wait on the Steelers offense.

TheBaws
09-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Lived near pittsburgh most of my life... moved to FL last month though... sucks not getting to watch steeler games down here...

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Lived near pittsburgh most of my life... moved to FL last month though... sucks not getting to watch steeler games down here...

Yeah, I lived in NY for 18 years and unless the Steelers were in the playoffs or playing the Jets.

Oh, btw, Roethlisburger just got hit and fumbled. 49'ers ball at the Steelers 20.

trek_6k
09-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Dammit, usually the Steelers are on TV here but today they decided to broadcast the Jets/Dolphins game! I'm so pissed. I'm stuck looking at ESPN's gamecast.

TheBaws
09-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Dammit, usually the Steelers are on TV here but today they decided to broadcast the Jets/Dolphins game! I'm so pissed. I'm stuck looking at ESPN's gamecast.

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Steelers are now sodomizing the 49'ers (figuratively speaking, of course). Damn 30-9, 3-0.

Now 28 consecutive games where the Steelers have not allowed a 100 yard rusher.

jayson86
09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Willie Parker ran phenominally. The defense played amazing. The only down side was that Ben was slow with the read and passing game was struggling.

Every aspect of the game was A+, excluding the passing game, C+ (except Heathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh).

BigVic5
09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Touchdown!!!! one more!!

BigVic5
09-23-2007, 02:07 PM
ok everyone, the Pittsburgh-San Francisco game is tomorrow and i would like to know what people think the final score will be....
i honestly predict that:
49ers 13
Steelers 35

what do you think??

well, my prediction was pretty close though...

49ers 16
Steelers 37

3-0...next victim: Arizona!!!

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Watch out for Arizona, especially if they start Warner. He came in and almost won that game against the Ravens.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4485/parkerwu5.jpg

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Willie Parker ran phenominally. The defense played amazing. The only down side was that Ben was slow with the read and passing game was struggling.

Every aspect of the game was A+, excluding the passing game, C+ (except Heathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh).

Agreed. But Ben once again looks dangerous once he gets out of the pocket. Although he had one fumble, I thought it was key that he had no ints.

jayson86
09-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't mean to downgrade Ben, he is a good QB and the best QB for our system. He did an astounding job at evading tackles, but it was clearly evident that the passing game was out of sync and this time the protection was adequet.

Its proabably the lack of Hines, I think he got a minor concussion from the hit he took during the 2nd quater.

54bobcat54
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Steelers baby!

FormulaLT1poweR
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Good game today. Really like what I see with this team. Only thing I can see giving us problems all year, is our offensive line. Roethlisberger is going to end up dead if this continues. Our Defense is AWESOME this year!!!

Ruger357
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Good game today. Really like what I see with this team. Only thing I can see giving us problems all year, is our offensive line. Roethlisberger is going to end up dead if this continues. Our Defense is AWESOME this year!!!

Our defense is awesome!!! Still haven't been tested against a high performance offense like New England. Be interesting later this year. I like the pressure we've been able to put on QB's. Not to mention destroying the running games of our opponents. Next week should be interesting if Warner starts.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Our defense is awesome!!! Still haven't been tested against a high performance offense like New England. Be interesting later this year. I like the pressure we've been able to put on QB's. Not to mention destroying the running games of our opponents. Next week should be interesting if Warner starts.

Regardless of who starts we should win. Leinart can't move out of the pocket and we should get 5+ sacks. If Warner starts we should get 3 turnovers, fumbles or INTs. Our Defense is just crazy good this year, and I LOVE IT!

jayson86
09-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Yup, Hines is out with a bone bruise. Not confirmed if he will play next week or not.

BigVic5
09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't know if it's only me, but I have the feeling The Steelers will be unbeaten until they play New England (Not saying they will lose against NE) but according to the schedule, they should have no problem beating Seattle, Denver (I'm dying to see Pittsburgh kickin' their asses) Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland (again)...I don't know, we might BEAT New England as well and stay unbeaten!!!

trek_6k
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't know if it's only me, but I have the feeling The Steelers will be unbeaten until they play New England (Not saying they will lose against NE) but according to the schedule, they should have no problem beating Seattle, Denver (I'm dying to see Pittsburgh kickin' their asses) Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland (again)...I don't know, we might BEAT New England as well and stay unbeaten!!!

I could see them dropping a game to either Baltimore or Cincinatti... those games are always crazy with emotion and intensity. As long as the holes keep opening up for Parker and Big Ben plays a clean game (no fumbles or INTs), they'll make themselves really competitive in the AFC. The defense will always have them in it.

I just don't know about Indy or New England though... those bastards!

BigVic5
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I could see them dropping a game to either Baltimore or Cincinatti... those games are always crazy with emotion and intensity. As long as the holes keep opening up for Parker and Big Ben plays a clean game (no fumbles or INTs), they'll make themselves really competitive in the AFC. The defense will always have them in it.

I just don't know about Indy or New England though... those bastards!

I'm not worried about Baltimore or Cincy...they're obviously not playing like last season...We don't play Indy this season and yes, we need to find a way to stop the Patriots...they're playing good this year...I don't want to see Pittsburgh playin' New England at the AFC championship game....

well, let's see how they play against them (NE)...

BNR
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
damn Steelers beat my niners bad, but that was to be expected

Ruger357
09-30-2007, 02:50 PM
OK, back to the top for Arizona vs. Steelers. 7-0 after a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE 3rd and 28, 43 yard touchdown pass. GO STEELERS!!!!!

BigVic5
09-30-2007, 04:38 PM
i can't believe this!! Arizona is beating Pittsburgh right now 14-7... the Steelers better put the batteries on and start playing...

kethnaab
10-01-2007, 02:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

****ty game today, but we'll get back on track. Our O-line is going to be the biggest problem we face this year methinks. At least the Ravens lost.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-01-2007, 08:54 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

****ty game today, but we'll get back on track. Our O-line is going to be the biggest problem we face this year methinks. At least the Ravens lost.

We had a lot more problems then the O line. Our biggest problem is we are hurting. Troy Polamalu went out, Bryant McFadden, Deshea Townsend, Hines Ward. Roethlisberger looked like garbage on all plays except the 2 TDs to Holmes. Our Defense looked lost without Polamalu. Just like 3 years ago, I think a team finally showed the rest of the NFL how to beat us, and we are going to have to improve. New England did the same thing to us 3 years ago, no huddle, short passes. Another tough game next week with an improving Seattle team, then our bye. With all the injuries our Bye Week couldn't come at a better time.

GO STEELERS

kethnaab
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
what sucks is that I"m up in the Seattle area, and the Seachicken "fans" hate it when I wear my Steelers jerseys. I'd really like to have the bye week BEFORE we face Seattle, but I"m with you. We need to heal up quite a bit.

Understand however, that the Cardinals offense is potentially outstanding. 2 Pro Bowl calibre receivers, a future HoF RB, and a QB who still demonstrates the flashes of brilliance that made him the most dominant QB in the NFL for 3 seasons a few years back. It's not like their offense is weak, and despite our injuries and the poor play of our o-line, we would've been tied were it not for that DAMN PICK....grr.....

FormulaLT1poweR
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
what sucks is that I"m up in the Seattle area, and the Seachicken "fans" hate it when I wear my Steelers jerseys. I'd really like to have the bye week BEFORE we face Seattle, but I"m with you. We need to heal up quite a bit.

Understand however, that the Cardinals offense is potentially outstanding. 2 Pro Bowl calibre receivers, a future HoF RB, and a QB who still demonstrates the flashes of brilliance that made him the most dominant QB in the NFL for 3 seasons a few years back. It's not like their offense is weak, and despite our injuries and the poor play of our o-line, we would've been tied were it not for that DAMN PICK....grr.....

You think Edgerrin James is a HOF RB? I'd say he's not even close. 2 Pro Bow l cailber WRs? Boldin didn't even dress. Kurt Warner...enough said. Bottom line Pittsburgh underestimated thier Defense. We could NOT run the ball for anything, Nate Washington isn't even half as good as Hines Ward. I watched the whole game, and we only streched the field once, 1 resulting in a long TD to Holmes and another just off the finger tips to Washington. The whole game they put 8 in the box to stop Willie and our short passes. Not to mention all the penalties we had!

kethnaab
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll be surprised if Edge doesn't make it, and Boldin (had he dressed) and Fitzgerald *waves a Panther pennant* are outstanding

It was pitiful watching us try to run. That's just a matter of which team wanted it more.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-03-2007, 08:05 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/formulalt1power/tidead.jpg

BigVic5
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/formulalt1power/tidead.jpg

LOL!!! reps...

King of the Misc
10-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Steelers up 7-0 at the start of the 3rd

BigVic5
10-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Excellent game today!!! 21-0 win for the Steelers....
I'm still a little bit mad because we should've been 5-0 but that stupid lost last week....anyway, we won today and that's what matters now...

trek_6k
10-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Excellent game today!!! 21-0 win for the Steelers....
I'm still a little bit mad because we should've been 5-0 but that stupid lost last week....anyway, we won today and that's what matters now...

Defense played really well today. Hopefully everyone can get some rest now and be healthy going into Denver in 2 weeks.

BigVic5
10-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Defense played really well today. Hopefully everyone can get some rest now and be healthy going into Denver in 2 weeks.

that's the game i've been waiting for since the beginning of the season...I hate when people talks about J. Cutler being an excellent QB...I can't wait to see him playing against the Steelers defense...

jayson86
10-07-2007, 02:08 PM
What a game by defense. I expected our defense to be marginal and really conservative because of Troy. Great gameplan by coach LeBeau.

AMAZING DEFENSE. How often have you seen a team fold at the start for 4th quater.

Also, I was wrong about Ben. I expected him to play worse than he did against Arizona, especially after missing Homes and Hines. But BigBen played his lights out.

Today, Steelers played a true football game.

PS. 1 more thing, HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHHH

snwdevl10
10-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Wheres everybody at?

I got a bunch of friends who are Denver fans so I'll probably go watch the Steelers kick some ass with them tomorrow :cool:

FormulaLT1poweR
10-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Wheres everybody at?

I got a bunch of friends who are Denver fans so I'll probably go watch the Steelers kick some ass with them tomorrow :cool:

My wife and her mom, are Denver fans. Neither one of them want to watch the game w/me :confused: HAHAHAHA.

snwdevl10
10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
My wife and her mom, are Denver fans. Neither one of them want to watch the game w/me :confused: HAHAHAHA.

LOL

I just realized I have to work during the game tomorrow :(

I'm gonna try to get my buddies to text me some updates.

ponshoe
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
^^ Who's gonna win? ^^ im betting and i need opinions :D...

grizzlyWG
10-21-2007, 02:27 PM
go with the steelers, there looking good this year

BOZZ
10-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Pittsburgh should win this one coming off a bye. Most of their D will be back this week.

BigVic5
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
it's 5:10pm here and i already got my wife wearing Steelers jersey, i got mine on, my friends got steelers t-shirts and i invited a Broncos fan (only one) so we can kiss his a$$...LOL...

ponshoe
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
ok ill go with Pittsburgh i hope i win 100 bucks, i dont wanna lose it, it will be matter of luck since both teams are great.

Also anything about Colts VS Jaguars?

BigVic5
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
^^ Who's gonna win? ^^ im betting and i need opinions :D...

that's going to be a blow out...Pittsburgh will win easily....

grizzlyWG
10-21-2007, 03:33 PM
ok ill go with Pittsburgh i hope i win 100 bucks, i dont wanna lose it, it will be matter of luck since both teams are great.

Also anything about Colts VS Jaguars?

colts and jags are both great teams, but i think the colts will win this with a touchdown.

ApatoJay
10-21-2007, 06:29 PM
it sucks that you are going to lose your money. i hate the broncos but they are going to win this game, 100%. They got their asses handed to them 41-3 in their house. Using the bye they had 2 weeks to prepare for the overrated Steelers, who are pretty banged up right now. Basically, Shanahan is not going to let the Broncos lose this game in Denver. I am 100% sure Denver will win, sorry about your 100 bucks.

aaronjbc123
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Honestly, does it matter who wins?

BOZZ
10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
it sucks that you are going to lose your money. i hate the broncos but they are going to win this game, 100%. They got their asses handed to them 41-3 in their house. Using the bye they had 2 weeks to prepare for the overrated Steelers, who are pretty banged up right now. Basically, Shanahan is not going to let the Broncos lose this game in Denver. I am 100% sure Denver will win, sorry about your 100 bucks.

If denver wins i'll rep you... its not happening

KingCanuck
10-21-2007, 06:54 PM
If denver wins i'll rep you... its not happening

My prediction is Denver as well....

You gonna rep me?

ponshoe
10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
the defense of Pittsburgh sucks! its playin bad :( Denver its taking all advantages, but the game isnt over. :) i have faith! go STEELERS!!

athrun340
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
roethlisberger is teh man.

tsk tsk why in the world did i start him .. .ahhh

trek_6k
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
the defense of Pittsburgh sucks! its playin bad :( Denver its taking all advantages, but the game isnt over. :) i have faith! go STEELERS!!

Big Ben has 2 interceptions and a fumble. So far, that's the huge difference.

KingCanuck
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Denver D is constantly bringing pressure.....

Ruger357
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Half will end with another interception.

bradboostin
go broncos (hate steelers)

Tyrbolift
21-7 so far!

Go BRRRROOOONNNCOOOOOSS!!!

:D

ponshoe
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I think i will lose 100 bucks :( thats a X-Factor Cycle, damn! :D

ApatoJay
10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I think i will lose 100 bucks :( thats a X-Factor Cycle, damn! :D
its too bad i didnt see the thread earlier. it was my lock of the week that Denver would win.

Matt P
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Wheres everybody at?

fail

MidwestMonster
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Anyone see that 65 yd attempt? He almost had it, I thought it was good.

JRRBadBoy4Life
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
that's going to be a blow out...Pittsburgh will win easily....
Good call.

Anyone see that 65 yd attempt? He almost had it, I thought it was good.

He only missed it by 15 yards, so damn close.

MidwestMonster
10-21-2007, 10:15 PM

It was closer than 15 yards, the person who ran it back was close to the white.

ponshoe
10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
GO STEELERS arghhh damn im in the ruin, im planning a bet tomorrow to see if i can get the money back ( yeah i know its kind stupid :D ) Colts Vs Jaguars, GO COLTS!

Shiden11
10-21-2007, 11:13 PM
those idiots, I was 12 for 12 on Yahoo NFL pickem before the Pittsburgh game.

BigVic5
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
i was so pissed off last night that i ended up kicking my friend's ass before the end was over (he was a broncos fan)...i kicked him out of my house!!
Steelers' defense really sucked and let the game go away...after they tied the game, the should've stopped them and go to overtime...Also i believe that the referee made a ****ty call when pittsburgh forced a fumble and Polamalu recovered it....anyway, at least it wasn't that bad for me last night since i'm also a Red Sox fan and we are going to the World Series...lol...

kethnaab
10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
if my fantasy team wouldn't have won, I think I would've cried after watching Elam kick that 48-yarder.

ponshoe
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Steelers or Bengals?

kethnaab
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Palmer is not having that great of a year, I'll say that much. He's my fantasy football QB, and I have Warner as my backup, and Warner has been better almost each time they both started

take Palmer's insane game against cleveland away, and he has had a downright ****ty year.

BigVic5
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Steelers or Bengals?

Pittsburgh will win this week....WE DEY!!!!

BigVic5
10-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, The Steelers moved up to 5-2...great game today...Big Ben 2 TD, 230yards, W. Parker 126 yards and 1 TD and H. Ward 2 TD rec....hope they keep playing hard and good like today...

jazzyjeff308
10-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Good call.

Reed could make a 60 yarder if he would stop dancing on tables at bars without his shirt on...

jayson86
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Tomorrow, Ravens - Steelers...finally get to see the Steelers on MNF.

kethnaab
11-04-2007, 09:52 PM
hoping the Steelers show up to play smashmouth. Ravens always give us a tough test, a damn tough test. That's one rivalry where the teams talent level is irrelevant. The team that comes out ready for war is the team that wins.

drewkowsky
11-04-2007, 11:06 PM
This is a big BIG game.

kethnaab
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
yup. The Steelers win this, and they have the division all but wrapped up. They lose, and that bodes horribly for them the rest of the year.

snwdevl10
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow solid game so far :D

Callaar21
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow solid game so far :D

Yep! 28 - 0 pitt

I like it.

Did they do throw backs already this year though?

johnsbod
11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
They're looking good tonight so far. :D

Exist 2 Inspire
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Big Ben has 164 yards and 5 TD's in the first half...that's a touchdown for every 33 yards, lol.

weakguy
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
hey steeler fans just thought i'd let you know i <3 hines ward. that block on reed was sick. <3

thepapowski
11-05-2007, 08:13 PM
hah, i took the vikings, colts, colts under, and pittsburgh this week. its been a great ****ing week after the ****ty ****ing disaster i had last week and the week before

snwdevl10
11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
hey steeler fans just thought i'd let you know i <3 hines ward. that block on reed was sick. <3

He effed up Ray Lewis earlier too haha..

I also love him.

purplenemesis
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, I am ashamed of my Ravens. Billick needs to get the boot.

BigVic5
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
oh crap, i think Big Ben just got injured...

snwdevl10
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
oh crap, i think Big Ben just got injured...

He's throwing on the sidelines at least...hope he's ok.

BigVic5
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
That's right Ravens...that game was a revenge of what they did to us last season...next time Pittsburgh meets Baltimore it will be worse than tonight....
I hope the Ravens enjoyed the 5 gifts (TD) sent by Ben Roethlis-FeDex Air with destination to Raven's end zone (no signature required)...even though the ground game was not good tonight, the Air game was impressive...
Pittsburgh moves to 6-2 to enjoy the first place and 3-0 in the division...

jayson86
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
This was a revenge game for the shutout. I wanted the shutout more than anything else (except the victory, but that was predetermined).

The game would've have been far far more fair if they had either Rolle or CMac.

drewkowsky
11-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Awesome. Just awesome. I am hoping that is the start of something big. It seems to me that in this game, Ben moved up into the upper echelon of QB's. I think hes just under Manning and Brady and in that Romo/Favre zone.
Harrison showed Lewis how its done and Ed Reed got destroyed in several different plays. Definitely an awesome game.

kethnaab
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
he's not to the level of Favre or Romo....

yet.

:)

P.S. HINES WARD!!! Laid out Ed Reed.

Laid his ass OUT! BAAAMMMM!!!

Hit of the game.

haha...my Black'n'Gold D got me 18 points this weekend for fantasy, and Miller got me his usual TD. Whoot!

Add this game, my FF win, and the Pens winning 5-0, and it's a DAMN GOOD DAY! :D

Rockwilder
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey how is Lawrence Timmons doin?

kethnaab
11-05-2007, 11:43 PM
uh, okay. He's nowhere near ready to crack the starting lineup.

why? FSU fan?

Rockwilder
11-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Yezzir

kethnaab
11-05-2007, 11:54 PM
he's behind Harrison on the depth chart

if you watched the MNF game against the Ravens, I'm sure you can see why he's behind Harrison.

BigVic5
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
7-2...Big Ben did it again....it was a tough game but they played better than the browns and that's why the steelers are going to win the afc north title this year..
Next victim? NY Jets (1-8)

kethnaab
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
i'm afraid.

honestly, I'm afraid. the Steelers have played best against the teams that were close and allowed Arizona and Denver, 2 teams they should've slapped, to beat them.

I hope they don't get complacent in these next few games. Their combined record leading up to NE is, what, 4-20 or something like that?

Yeesh. I hope we aren't looking ahead to the Pats.

Our O-line needs work dammit, and our special teams REALLY need work.

BigVic5
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
i'm afraid.

honestly, I'm afraid. the Steelers have played best against the teams that were close and allowed Arizona and Denver, 2 teams they should've slapped, to beat them.

I hope they don't get complacent in these next few games. Their combined record leading up to NE is, what, 4-20 or something like that?

Yeesh. I hope we aren't looking ahead to the Pats.

Our O-line needs work dammit, and our special teams REALLY need work.

you're right...the steelers should've won those two games against Arizona and Denver....and be unbeaten! i'm kinda looking forward to Pit vs NE....i think Pittsburgh is the only team right now that can give them their first loss...I also can't wait to see the Steelers beating the crap out of the Jaguars...

Callaar21
11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Bump.....just because!

Infamix
11-13-2007, 12:24 AM
hello brothers and sisters

BigVic5
11-18-2007, 05:21 PM
that's the kind of **** that bothers me the most about pittsburgh....they lose games like the one today!! they had all the chances to win that game easily but they couldn't do ****!!
another thing is that i know W. Parker is fast and eveything but damn it, sometimes he slows the offense down with his ****ty games like the one today! and the defense!?? can somebody freakin' explain me how in the hell the Jets came up with 70+ yards in just 2 minutes to tie the game?? are you kidding me?? from a team that had 1-8????? last year the same **** happened playing against the Raiders!!
i'm so pissed right now...i better go and get 3 scoops of no-xplode and hit the weights before i break something.....

kethnaab
11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
so we give up our first 100-yard rushing game to a 1-8 team

we give up 7 sacks to a team that had 9 sacks in 9 games previously

I'm going to be sick to my stomach.

snuffiluffigus
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect, I wasn't aware the Steelers had a surgical procedure to have their balls removed.

kethnaab
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think it was a surgical procedure. I think they just ****ing fell off and rolled into a drainpipe somewhere.

THE ****ING NEW YORK JETS! 1-8!?!?!

9 ****ing sacks all season, and they get to Ben 7 times?

Our offensive line really, truly needs to reach down between their legs and make sure they haven't had a ****ing sex change recently.

how the HELL do we give up a 100+ yard rushing game to a scrub playing for a scrub team?

Christ almighty. I'll tell you what...I need to do some research here.

kethnaab
11-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Okay, okay, okay....

*breathes deeply*

We lost 16-13 to the Ravens, got spanked 26-7 by the Colts, and then lost to Cinci 38-31.

Then 8 games later, we got one for the thumb.

It's okay. It's going to be okay. We'll be okay. Please let it be okay.

I think I need an inhaler, I can't breathe right now.

BigVic5
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
i'm back and i'm a little bit calmed this time...
anyway, how in the f#$@ they allowed that many sacks?? (just got angry again)...i'm watching the New England vs Bills game and i can see why they're so powerful...its not Brady is a perfect QB...it's the protection he gets on ALL plays...he is so calm and it seems he doesn't even think about getting sacked...he just waits for an open man and put the ball right on their hands...
Pittsburgh needs a lot of work on that...and the running game is not consistant...I really MISS J.Bettis...Parker is fast..but hey, 21 carries for 52 yards is horrible!!!.. the Steelers loses this year have been against teams that probably won't even reach the playoff...I won't even be surprised if Miami gets their first victory against Pittsburgh!!! I need to calm down and not think about today's game....just get focused for next game i guess....

yanksbgood
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah I can see how you guys are very angry right now. The jets played what was easily their best game of the season. Defense was chasing after big ben, getting sacks, stopping passes, stopping the run (seems like we gave up 100+ rushing yards every other game this season). Shame that the season is ver even if we won out.

GG guys

FormulaLT1poweR
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Another pissed off Steelers fan here!

I think the Steelers are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL. Who have we beat? The BEST team we have beat was the Browns twice. We've lost to a BAD Arizona team, a BAD Broncos team, and a REAL BAD 1-8 Jets team! Our offensive line is horrible, Ben is good on the move...but at some point, he's going to want to have some sort of pocket. I'm sick of seeing this play "Lets let Willie run into a pile for 2 yards". I'm sick of 3rd and long, then a screen play or a draw. I know it was a long shot, but with 10 seconds left in the game, YOU DO NOT call a screen play. It's one of the longest developing plays, and its good for 6-10 yards...not 60!

BigVic5
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Another pissed off Steelers fan here!

I think the Steelers are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL. Who have we beat? The BEST team we have beat was the Browns twice. We've lost to a BAD Arizona team, a BAD Broncos team, and a REAL BAD 1-8 Jets team! Our offensive line is horrible, Ben is good on the move...but at some point, he's going to want to have some sort of pocket. I'm sick of seeing this play "Lets let Willie run into a pile for 2 yards". I'm sick of 3rd and long, then a screen play or a draw. I know it was a long shot, but with 10 seconds left in the game, YOU DO NOT call a screen play. It's one of the longest developing plays, and its good for 6-10 yards...not 60!

you're exactly right!!!
i'm still not over it...it has me in a bad mood since sunday...
i'm tired of watching willie parker run for 2 yard or for a loss of 3 yards...i'm tired of watching how Big ben gets sacked badly...i'm sick of it!! coah tomlin has to make them pay for that loss last sunday...there was not excuses!!
another thing i did not understand was why in the hell big ben kneeled down at the end of the 4th quarter with like 4 seconds left?? i understand they were at their own 38 yards but hey, i'm pretty sure he can throw a 60+ yards pass like any other QB....that made me mad also....it was not that he would make a TD or something but you never know until you try it!! i believe that T. Brady or P. Manning would probably throw that bitch all the way to the end zone hoping for someone to catch it!!
and please please...protect the QB!!!!

wsuwarrior
11-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I hate the Steelers and everything, but PLEASE beat the ****ing Patriots in a couple weeks....

The Bigcheese
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I hate the Steelers and everything, but PLEASE beat the ****ing Patriots in a couple weeks....

x2 though I don't hate the Steelers.

BigVic5
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
crappy game last night with the nasty weather....i was so scared with the posibility of Miami beating Pittsburgh....but we got the win and that's all we needed....
I dont' care if you win by 1 point or if you win by 50...a win is a win!
Next victim: Bengals

kethnaab
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Am the only one concerned about our offensive line?

yeah, it was rainy and nasty and whatnot, but WTF?

WE give up 4 sacks to an 0-10 team one week after giving up 7 sacks to a 1-8 team with 9 sacks in their previous 9 games?

WTF? Did our offensive linemen have sex changes? Where the hell is our next dominant center? Where is Dermotti Dawson's next of kin? Do Mike Webster and Jon Kolb have nephews that play football?

Can we PLEASE get some linemen with some ****ING BALLS ALREADY?!?!?

drewkowsky
11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Am the only one concerned about our offensive line?

yeah, it was rainy and nasty and whatnot, but WTF?

WE give up 4 sacks to an 0-10 team one week after giving up 7 sacks to a 1-8 team with 9 sacks in their previous 9 games?

WTF? Did our offensive linemen have sex changes? Where the hell is our next dominant center? Where is Dermotti Dawson's next of kin? Do Mike Webster and Jon Kolb have nephews that play football?

Can we PLEASE get some linemen with some ****ING BALLS ALREADY?!?!?

Our O-Line is horrible, but the broadcasters keep ignoring it or are too stupid to notice. Willie should be having his best year ever, but he gets no holes. Ben gets sacked way too much.

BigVic5
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
well i see nobody has said anything about last game against the Bengals....it was ok, we got the victory....only thing i didn't like it was the W. Parker again carried the ball too much and did not gain a lot...he keeps losing yards behind the line of scrimmage...not to mention that many fumbles...ok, i understand the weather was a factor but hey, we got lucky with those challanges because to me it looked like fumbles...anyway, let's not talk bad about them because they won the game and very happily we needed it....specially that the Browns lost and now Pittsburgh has a two games lead...
now comes the real challenge.....the damn Patriots! are we the one team to knock them out?? i'll say YES....
The Patriots have won their last two games by miracles (still can't believe the Eagles let them win and I swore that the Ravens had them on the hole) winning by 3 points each game...one other thing I saw on nfl.com: T.Brady has an injured right shoulder and he's listed as probable for this game...at this point i dont' care if he plays, all i know he's not 100% and that's good news for Pitt...hopefully with a couple of blitz one of our guys hit him in that shoulder to take him out for good...lol

xJustin
12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
i feel like I need to post in this thread!

Oh and I ****ing hope we can beat the Patriots this coming weekend, but I highly doubt it will happen. If it was at our stadium then MAYBE we could do it, but looking at our away record it's not looking good =S

Johnny Rotten
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/kenetics81/patriots_suck.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM

AHAHA, Reps to you tomorrow. I'll put you in my sig so I don't forget.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

jayson86
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
You guys heard any news on TROY?

Johnny Rotten
12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
You guys heard any news on TROY?

He's jogging and he may practice later this week.

Santonio should be back for Sunday though. (fingers crossed)

jayson86
12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
For the Pats* game, I think the prirority players are:

1. Santonio - we need him to stretch the field. Nate is just not gonna cut it
2. Marvel Smith - Max Starks will get plowed
3. Troy - What is there to say
4. Najeh - More of a bruiser than Willie, but if the Oline isn't producing, he wont make any difference.

jayson86
12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Anthony Smith is gonna bring the wood.

http://postgazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

Safety Anthony Smith not only thinks the Steelers have a chance to beat the undefeated New England Patriots Sunday, he guarantees it.

"We're going to win," Smith said today after practice. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win."

Smith, a hard-hitting free safety who replaced injured Ryan Clark as the starter midway through the season, said he's not worried about any motivation he might be giving the 12-0 Patriots with his words.

"Now we have our swagger back on defense and we're playing great ball and they're playing great on the offensive side, too," he said of the Steelers. "I think we have a real good chance to win the game and we will win the game."

Not only that, he said while New England's receiving corps of Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth is good, it isn't as good as the one the Steelers played Sunday against the Bengals, featuring T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson and Chris Henry.

"I think we were facing great receivers last week too and we shut them down," Smith said. "Those three guys, I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of receivers. We've already seen the best."

Smith added a little more lumber to the fire when he said New England's receivers haven't been hit the way they will be hit on Sunday.

"They said Baltimore was their most physical game but I think we hit harder than Baltimore, so they haven't seen nothing like us yet.

"They should be worried about us. We never worry about receivers. We're the ones doing the hitting. They have to run routes. We're attacking them, they're not really attacking us."

BigVic5
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Anthony Smith is gonna bring the wood.

http://postgazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

I hope he's right...and hey A.Smith, if you're looking to hit someone real hard, make sure that one is #12!!! that would be awesome!! lol

BigVic5
12-05-2007, 07:40 PM

LOL!!! reps...

rampagefc77
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll be a steelers fan for the weekend! I think the steelers match up quite well against the pats, and if the pats continue to play poorly the steelers would easily win.

BillabongVolcom
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Patriots all the way! 12-0!

Johnny Rotten
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Patriots all the way! 12-0!

Negged.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p320/red77flag/MISC/Tomlinpointing.jpg

Lloyd Braun
12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Browns/Colts fan here. I can honestly say that I'll be a Steelers fan for the first time this weekend. I don't really have any love-loss for the Steelers being an Ohioan but I detest the Patriots. :D

I can't wait to see the Pats recievers get knocked on their asses. :D

jayson86
12-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I give props to A.Smith for coming out and just saying it the way it needs to be. Screw all the "bulletin material", the Pats* are going for the perfect season, I don't that anything can be as great as motivator than that.

I just hope A.Smith lays out some serious wood on Moss and the midget WR.

xJustin
12-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Once again:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/7178/1785872gridiron300apwi5.jpg

Ward will **** them up

jayson86
12-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Injury Report:

Offensive tackle Marvel Smith (back), strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) and wide receiver Santonio Holmes (ankle) put in a full practice and should start Sunday.

The Steelers decided to pass on signing Verron Haynes after they determined that halfback Najeh Davenport was healthy enough to play against New England.

-------------
We'r at full force baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snwdevl10
12-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Once again:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/7178/1785872gridiron300apwi5.jpg

Ward will **** them up

Nice! I've never seen that one.

Injury Report:

Offensive tackle Marvel Smith (back), strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) and wide receiver Santonio Holmes (ankle) put in a full practice and should start Sunday.

The Steelers decided to pass on signing Verron Haynes after they determined that halfback Najeh Davenport was healthy enough to play against New England.

-------------
We'r at full force baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff! I was hoping they'd all be back. I took off work this weekend just to watch the game :eek: lol.

BigVic5
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
well, not doing that good tonight....we are supposed to be the #1 on defense and New England is just "practicing with us" doing all their tricks and ****...still can't believe it....N.E. only has 17 rushing yards against over 100 from Pittsburgh, Pitts has controlled the time of possesion by almost twice and still are getting their asses kicked!! N.E. just scored right now...it's 31-13..

snwdevl10
12-09-2007, 04:47 PM
:(

BillabongVolcom
12-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Patriots All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love The Pats!

kethnaab
12-10-2007, 02:08 AM
2004 - Steelers stomp the Patriots during the season, Patriots win the Super Bowl
2005 - Patriots stomp the Steelers during the season, Steelers win the Super Bowl

Here's to history repeating itself *raises his glass*

BigVic5
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, today is when i'm able to leave my comments about last game against the Pats (I've been pissed off since sunday and snapping to everyone)..I always thought and heard the phrase "Good offense sales tickets, good defense wins championships"...well, i guess that doesn't work your damn offense sucks!! I noticed some things that Pittsburgh has to work on besides the O-line...the Pats only ran the ball like 5 times or less and passed the ball the WHOLE game and Pittsburgh did not get any interception at all!!! Not to mention that they did not sack T. Brady while he was taking his sweet ass time to find an open receiver....that was unacceptable!! what made it worse was the annoying Pats fan screaming "guarantee" to aggravate the crap out of me...well, i guess A.Smith deserved it for being talking crap before the game and then do nothing during the game...
well, the thing that i honestly think was the problem (and been the problem in all 4 loses) is the Wideouts!! How can someone explain how in the crap the QB hit a receiver right in his hands and he still drops the pass?? it's true, at least 4 or 5 times a receiver dropped a pass after the ball hit his both hands (and i'm not talking about a diving attempt to catch it)...even W. Parker dropped a pass while he was wide open that it could've been probably a 30 yards game...but wont blame Parker because he's not a wideout and he had a nice game running the ball...but seriously, Pittsburgh needs help catching that damn ball...now it's when i really miss A. Randel El....not the best reciever but that was the best second option....
Right now there no need to talk about the loss but to focus on the next 3 games because the stupid Browns are just there...tough game against Jax coming up (last home game) and the Rams and Ravens should not be that hard to beat....

drewkowsky
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I had a bad feeling as soon as A. Smith opened his mouth. Hopefully, we bounce back in a big way against the Jags. Also, why doesn't Max Starks get another looks at RT? Colon has been horrible and Starks played well at LT while Marvel was injured.

Johnny Rotten
12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Patriots All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love The Pats!

Can somebody Neg this @$$. (I need to spread it around) :)

2004 - Steelers stomp the Patriots during the season, Patriots win the Super Bowl
2005 - Patriots stomp the Steelers during the season, Steelers win the Super Bowl

Here's to history repeating itself *raises his glass*

I hope we see them again in the AFC Championship game. We should have a better chance of winning in bad weather.

I had a bad feeling as soon as A. Smith opened his mouth. Hopefully, we bounce back in a big way against the Jags. Also, why doesn't Max Starks get another looks at RT? Colon has been horrible and Starks played well at LT while Marvel was injured.

I remember Tomlin saying something during a recent press conference about a possibility of Starks taking Colon's job but in a very discrete manner.

jayson86
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Way to lay an egg. On the bright note, this is Tomlin's first year.

BigVic5
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
We did it again...why in the hell Pittsburgh is "suppose" to be the #1 team in defense?? for the 2nd week in a row the stupid defense let the team down!!! after all that work that the offense had to do to tie the game ( the 2 pts convertion was a damn good play) and then the Jags gets the ball and EASILY take it to the end zone...most of the plays in that drive were on the ground!! that freaking BS!! that made me so mad...now Cleveland won so our hopes to win that AFC North title and stay with the #3 seed are doubtful...all because the defense....and not to mention NO SACKS for Pittsburgh but the Jags sacked Big Ben like 3 or 4 times...let's see what happens at St Louis this thursday...

kethnaab
12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
wow.

Fred Taylor ran for almost 150 yards, and MJD totalled 100.

This is beyond pitiful.

I love my black and gold, but they are pretenders this year with far too many holes to count.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Let's not forget the AWESOME play call...50 seconds to go, 4th and 7...A FREAKING TE SCREEN W/ NO BLOCKERS! I am SOOOO sick of Bruce Ariens...that guys is an idiot!

kethnaab
12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
The one where Miller almost got it?

hey, it was close.

I'm far more concerned about our porous offensive line, 2x 100-yard rushers this season and our complete lack of a pass rush.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
The one where Miller almost got it?

hey, it was close.

I'm far more concerned about our porous offensive line, 2x 100-yard rushers this season and our complete lack of a pass rush.

Regardless if it was close or not...we lost because of that...not the fact our Defense never shows up. If we had picked it up...the drive would have continued. Our offensive line has also allowed Willie to be the league leader in rushing yards...

I agree with the lack of pass rush, that is one of the biggest problems with our defense. We need to address the defensive line immediately!!!

trek_6k
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Regardless if it was close or not...we lost because of that...not the fact our Defense never shows up. If we had picked it up...the drive would have continued. Our offensive line has also allowed Willie to be the league leader in rushing yards...

I agree with the lack of pass rush, that is one of the biggest problems with our defense. We need to address the defensive line immediately!!!

The defensive scheme for the Steelers is based around getting pressure. Pittsburgh blitzes more than any team in the league. The only problem with that (as Brady pointed out) is that when you blitz, a lot of times you force your LB's and DB's to play man and you lose a lot of help. That, coupled with injuries, killed them in the New England game.

Today, I'd blame the offense more than anyone. Their offensive line, simply put, sucks. Roethlisberger gets sacked the second most out of every QB in the league and if it weren't for his size/strength/mobility, he'd be first. The only reason Parker is number 1 in the league for rushing yards is the amount of times he gets the ball (number 1 in rushing attempts). That is extremely important for two reasons. First, it should show that the offensive line isn't as good as everyone thinks (more attempts means more yards - plus, he usually breaks one big one every game inflating that). Second, if Parker (and Davenport) are getting as many rushing attempts as they are, Roethlisberger shouldn't be getting sacked as many times as he is. I'd be interested in finding the ratio of how many times he's sacked compared to how many pass attempts are made.

Today, recievers dropped the ball, Roethlisberger was anything but accurate (for most of the game), the offensive line could not pass block, and Jacksonville found a way to convert on big play opportunities. Pittsburgh got outplayed. The only bright side is that even with all those mistakes, they were still in it until the very end. Pittsburgh isn't the best team, but I think they're still 3rd in the AFC (argue with me all you like). Playing against the top NFC teams would be fun to watch.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Playing against the top NFC teams would be fun to watch.

As a Steelers fan, as bad as it sounds the 2 tops teams in the NFC would kill us. Dallas and Green Bay would dominate us just like the Patriots did.

KingCanuck
12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is a great QB and can only get better...thats a bright spot to focus on..

I remember when he first came in the league, the Steelers would hardly give him the chance to pass the ball unless it was 3rd and long.

But hes playing like a top 5 QB right now.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is a great QB and can only get better...thats a bright spot to focus on..

I remember when he first came in the league, the Steelers would hardly give him the chance to pass the ball unless it was 3rd and long.

But hes playing like a top 5 QB right now.

I love Ben Roethlisberger (no homo?). I was happy as hell when we took him, and couldn't believe he fell that far to us. I thought he was the best QB coming out of the draft in 2004. He fits our system perfectly, and we wouldn't let him throw that much because we had such a brutal running attack for his 1st two years. With Bettis and Parker, we dominated the games, got a lead and pounded the rock...no need to throw.

I seriously think we need another bruising RB. Keep Willie, but get a big back who can punish defenses like Bettis did.

KingCanuck
12-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I love Ben Roethlisberger (no homo?). I was happy as hell when we took him, and couldn't believe he fell that far to us. I thought he was the best QB coming out of the draft in 2004. He fits our system perfectly, and we wouldn't let him throw that much because we had such a brutal running attack for his 1st two years. With Bettis and Parker, we dominated the games, got a lead and pounded the rock...no need to throw.

I seriously think we need another bruising RB. Keep Willie, but get a big back who can punish defenses like Bettis did.

I havent seen many steelers games at all this year, but whats wrong with Davenport? Hes pretty much automatic on 3rd and shorts.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I havent seen many steelers games at all this year, but whats wrong with Davenport? Hes pretty much automatic on 3rd and shorts.

We get ourselves in 3rd and long too much. Ben getting sacked, etc. Davenport was also a little banged up for a few games. We give him the ball on 3rd downs, but then its 3rd and 20+ and we give him a screen with no blocking, or a draw.

SuperAmmo
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Let's not forget the AWESOME play call...50 seconds to go, 4th and 7...A FREAKING TE SCREEN W/ NO BLOCKERS! I am SOOOO sick of Bruce Ariens...that guys is an idiot!

There's a reason why Botch (not a typo) Davis fired him as offensive coordinator of the Browns (only to hire the even worse Terry Robiskie)...he's HORRIBLE. I honestly chuckled a bit when I heard Tomlin promoted him (no smack talk...I don't talk **** in other teams' threads, only in the Browns thread will I talk ****).

I'm kinda hoping that's a sign that Tomlin was a mistake hire cuz Cowher tormented us for so many years, I wouldn't wanna see a similar scenario unfold for another 10+ years.

Do the Steelers miss Russ Grimm that much? (oh yeah, you guys hired former Browns O-line coach Larry Zierlein too? What's Tomlin thinking?) I mean, you guys can still run block with the best of them. I also don't think the problem is so much the pass protection as it is the QB holding onto the ball too long. Ben's a scrambler but he's not a "true" scrambler in the sense that he's not fast enough to avoid the rush while he holds onto the ball, GREAT protection was what kept him looking so good. Now that the protection is average, you see the sack totals explode.

After dealing with a scrambling QB of the same mold but couldn't hold Ben's jock (I HATED Charlie Frye with every bone in my Browns-loving body), watching Derek Anderson stay in the pocket is a beautiful sight to behold.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-16-2007, 04:21 PM
There's a reason why Botch (not a typo) Davis fired him as offensive coordinator of the Browns (only to hire the even worse Terry Robiskie)...he's HORRIBLE. I honestly chuckled a bit when I heard Tomlin promoted him (no smack talk...I don't talk **** in other teams' threads, only in the Browns thread will I talk ****).

I'm kinda hoping that's a sign that Tomlin was a mistake hire cuz Cowher tormented us for so many years, I wouldn't wanna see a similar scenario unfold for another 10+ years.

Bruce is friggin horrible! No wonder the Browns let him go!! Whisenhunt was a genious for our stlye of offense, but he and Roethlisberger didn't get along. Bruce and Ben have a better relationship, and I think the only reason he was promoted was because of Roethlisberger. I would have liked to see him be the QB coach still, but bring in someone different...he obviously is not the answer.

P.S. Browns are finally turning it around. I'm glad because I HATE the Bunglas and Ratbirds. Funny to see them down at the bottom of the division, w/no chance of the playoffs.

kethnaab
12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Today, I'd blame the offense more than anyone. Their offensive line, simply put, sucks. Roethlisberger gets sacked the second most out of every QB in the league and if it weren't for his size/strength/mobility, he'd be first. The only reason Parker is number 1 in the league for rushing yards is the amount of times he gets the ball (number 1 in rushing attempts). That is extremely important for two reasons. First, it should show that the offensive line isn't as good as everyone thinks (more attempts means more yards - plus, he usually breaks one big one every game inflating that). Second, if Parker (and Davenport) are getting as many rushing attempts as they are, Roethlisberger shouldn't be getting sacked as many times as he is. I'd be interested in finding the ratio of how many times he's sacked compared to how many pass attempts are made.

exactly. Roethlisberger has been sacked 41 times vs. 352 pass attempts

Kitna has been sacked 49 times in 452 pass attempts

If Ben had as many pass attempts as Kitna, he'd be well over 50 sacks by now. Lord knows by now he'd be dead if he werent as mobile and strong as he is.

the ****? 3rd? NE skunked us, the Jags beat us in our own backyard, WTF do you think Indy would do to us?

We are 4th, at best.

[QUOTE=FormulaLT1poweR;107289231]I seriously think we need another bruising RB. Keep Willie, but get a big back who can punish defenses like Bettis did.

agreed 100000%.

jayson86
12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Problems with the Steelers

1. Willie is not the answer. We need two running backs, Willie and a punisher.
2. WTF is up with timmons and woodley? These guys get absolutely no action.
3. Oline
4. Oline
5. Oline
758436438375843579843376427846324: Oline
758436438375843579843376427846325: Oline

For our draft, I hope the first two picks are on Oline. All these guys on our line need to be released. They are not only bad but embarrasing.

jayson86
12-16-2007, 08:30 PM

3. Oline
4. Oline
5. Oline

For our draft, I hope the first two picks are on Oline. All these guys on our line need to be released. They are not only bad but embarrasing.

SuperAmmo
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM

3. Oline
4. Oline
5. Oline

Honestly, fire Larry Zierlein and your problems will go a long way towards being solved.

He was GOD AWFUL here and I spit my coffee all over my screen when I found out you guys hired him. Going from Russ Grimm to Larry Zierlein...I'd be pissed if I were a Steelers fan.

SuperAmmo
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM

3. Oline
4. Oline
5. Oline

Honestly, fire Larry Zierlein and your problems will go a long way towards being solved.

He was GOD AWFUL here and I spit my coffee all over my screen when I found out you guys hired him. Going from Russ Grimm to Larry Zierlein...I'd be pissed if I were a Steelers fan.

jayson86
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
The entire time I was watching the game, there as only 1 thought going through my mind.

Don't the guys on the OLine feel guilty?

Because of them Ben is taking unneccasry hits and Willie is getting stopped in the backfield. The fact that they even have the guts to step on the field shows their lack of care for Ben and the rest of the team.

drewkowsky
12-16-2007, 10:31 PM
The entire time I was watching the game, there as only 1 thought going through my mind.

Don't the guys on the OLine feel guilty?

Because of them Ben is taking unneccasry hits and Willie is getting stopped in the backfield. The fact that they even have the guts to step on the field shows their lack of care for Ben and the rest of the team.

Seriously, this **** could shorten Ben's career or hurt his confidence.

On a possibly positive note, I listened to Tomlins post-game conference and he seemed genuinely pissed off. Its the first time I've seen hime like that. Who knows, if we blow out the Rams and Ravens maybe we can get a little momentum going? Outside of the O-Line, I do think we have the necessary players, but they just aren't clicking right now.

BigVic5
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
The defensive scheme for the Steelers is based around getting pressure. Pittsburgh blitzes more than any team in the league. The only problem with that (as Brady pointed out) is that when you blitz, a lot of times you force your LB's and DB's to play man and you lose a lot of help. That, coupled with injuries, killed them in the New England game.

Today, recievers dropped the ball, Roethlisberger was anything but accurate (for most of the game), the offensive line could not pass block, and Jacksonville found a way to convert on big play opportunities. Pittsburgh got outplayed. The only bright side is that even with all those mistakes, they were still in it until the very end. Pittsburgh isn't the best team, but I think they're still 3rd in the AFC (argue with me all you like). Playing against the top NFC teams would be fun to watch.

i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one...i honestly think the defense was the big problem against the Jags...even though the Oline sucked and Big Ben got sacked and most of all recievers dropped passes, we still got the game tied after being behind 22-7 in the 4thQ...you will not find that many teams today to come and tie a game after trailing by 15 or a team letting the other team come from behind to tie just like we did...(****, that two points convertion was excellent play)...but again, the DEFENSE needs to stop the freaking running game, especially after 3rd and long...the Jags just raped them badly...I live here in Jacksonville and i had to hear all this stupid fans talking and making fun of the Steelers...at least they all got quiet and mad after i told them we got 5 superbowl rings and they got ****...LOL
anyway, the defense needs to do their work or Pittsburgh is not going anywhere....and please someone do something with A.Smith!!! he needs to be on the bench for a while....just talking and doing nothing but letting people catch TD passes....

jayson86
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Honestly our record is the product of a poor schedule. We'r not that good. Am sorry guys, I love the Steelers as much as the next guy. But we'r not that good.

BBGAMBINI31
12-20-2007, 07:33 PM
so ben has a perfect passing rating right now,this could be his 3rd time,only peyton has 3 or more,,and in my opinion hes underrated,the chargers and giants must be killin themselves for not picking him in the draft in 04
its crazy 9 completions,3 tds

damn just heard parkers done for the season, for a fractured right fibula,i guess we will see a lot of Gary Russell

Johnny Rotten
12-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Honestly our record is the product of a poor schedule. We'r not that good. Am sorry guys, I love the Steelers as much as the next guy. But we'r not that good.

We didn't play well in the regular season the year we one the Super Bowl. It's all about playing your best football in the playoffs, That's all I really care about. Hopefully we'll have our problems fixed by then.

BigVic5
12-20-2007, 09:33 PM
well done for tonight's victory...we really needed it...Big Ben played and the offense played very good...now what matter it's to hope the Browns get their butts kicked by Cincy and hope San Diego lose so we can sit at #3 seed...

kethnaab
12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Ben looked good, Najeh looked great once he got his groove rolling, but DAYAM does that offensive line and that defense suck monkey nuts anymore

Defenses must drool at the prospect of playing the Steelers now with the pile of pussy we have on our offensive line.

Thank God Ben is one of the best in the game at scrambling, but I really worry because he is going to get hurt.

jayson86
12-21-2007, 12:05 AM
This OLine sucks. As simple as that.

BigVic5
12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks to the Bengals to take the Brown out of our way to get that AFC North title....Now, all we need is to finish the season strong and try to kick the Raven's asses very badly like they did last season....so our job is not done yet...
Well, playoffs are just around the corner and let's see how things end now...the Titans won today and the Brown lost, if the Titans win next sunday, the Browns are out...I would rather to play the Titans in the playoff than Cleveland, even though we won both games against them, for some reason they can score a lot of points....and knowing our defense, it will probably better to play the Titans.....what do you guys think?

FormulaLT1poweR
12-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks to the Bengals to take the Brown out of our way to get that AFC North title....Now, all we need is to finish the season strong and try to kick the Raven's asses very badly like they did last season....so our job is not done yet...
Well, playoffs are just around the corner and let's see how things end now...the Titans won today and the Brown lost, if the Titans win next sunday, the Browns are out...I would rather to play the Titans in the playoff than Cleveland, even though we won both games against them, for some reason they can score a lot of points....and knowing our defense, it will probably better to play the Titans.....what do you guys think?

We beat the Browns 3 times in one season before. I'm not scared of them at all, Derek Anderson showed his true colors today :)

BigVic5
12-30-2007, 06:49 PM
that was it..our season finale was not good either...even though got kinda interesting at the end but i wished they would've played like that since the beginning of the game....that really upset me because i wanted Pittsburgh to kick the Raven's ass twice this year as they did to us last year...but of course the coach decided to do another bullcrap movement by keeping their starters out "resting"...now i ask myself: why in the heck they need rest?? didn't they had enough rest because they're last game was against the Rams like 10 days ago?? wtf?? if there are players that NEED to be resting are B.Favre, Peyton Manning, D.Tomlinson, etc and ALL of them played today anyway like players are supposed to...
anyway, Jaguars are our next stop and today i really confirmed what i had said before: the Steelers need serious work on stopping the run...they just can't stop the run...and to make **** worse, that's exactly what the Jaguars do best...and without W.Parker I honestly don't know what to say about next week...

kethnaab
12-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Our defense is done. Smith was far too good on the line for us to lose, Troy has been injured all season, and we simply are unable to make up for that.

I mean, a frickin' weenie-nobody like Smith ran all over us. Steven Jackson would've broken 100 yards easily if we hadn't got up so early. Dude was averaging > 7 yards per touch. Fred Taylor? Oh good lord don't even think about it, he made us look like a NCAA DIV-IIB

and then there's that Offensive line. Ben can only do so much.

We are frickin' hurting, and hurting badly. I hope, I PRAY my BnG make me eat my words, but I cannot see us getting past Jax or any other teams in the playoffs without career games from Ben.

He's going to have to be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and Dan Marino combined in order for the Stilerz to have a chance.

BigVic5
12-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Our defense is done. Smith was far too good on the line for us to lose, Troy has been injured all season, and we simply are unable to make up for that.

I mean, a frickin' weenie-nobody like Smith ran all over us. Steven Jackson would've broken 100 yards easily if we hadn't got up so early. Dude was averaging > 7 yards per touch. Fred Taylor? Oh good lord don't even think about it, he made us look like a NCAA DIV-IIB

and then there's that Offensive line. Ben can only do so much.

We are frickin' hurting, and hurting badly. I hope, I PRAY my BnG make me eat my words, but I cannot see us getting past Jax or any other teams in the playoffs without career games from Ben.

He's going to have to be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and Dan Marino combined in order for the Stilerz to have a chance.

man i hear ya...everytime i see the steelers playing defense always reminds me of Madden 07: easy TD's!!
the only way i see the Steelers winning this coming weekend is for Jags to make a lot of mistakes AND Pittsburgh scoring points out of those turnovers...if that's not the case, see you in minicamp Pittsburgh!!

snwdevl10
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I think if we come out fired up we can play a lot better. For some reason this season in the games I've watched we haven't had that "tear the other teams head off" mentality I saw in the past. I only got to watch a couple games (wish I had Direct TV :() but hopefully I see something else Saturday.

xJustin
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Pittsburgh likes to fly under the radar ( yes Super Bowl XL playoffs) and we definitely play better in playoffs so we'll see.

On a side note:

Please God make Ward's kid another Steelers WR in the future!!
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56779646.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE3AEBC0292DDD5671 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

BillabongVolcom
12-31-2007, 02:19 PM
You guys are going to have a hard time against the Jaguars. They are playing like they want it bad.

BigVic5
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805aaa75&template=with-video&confirm=true

so the bad news for us keep rollin'....apparently the practice squad will show up to play against the Jags because it seems everyone is injured, except for the coach and the kicker!! what i way to start the year knowing my team will get smashed this coming saturday...

kethnaab
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
oh lovely

I should go over and see if i can get a tryout

snwdevl10
01-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Let's go Steelers!!!

Callaar21
01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
7-7 Go Steelers!

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
here is the stupid defense problem Pittsburgh have to work on...now they're digging their own hole down 21-7 and now Jacksonville will run and run and run and eat that clock all the way....i'm sooooo PISSED NOW!!

BBGAMBINI31
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
i feel bad for big ben,his o line doesn't have his back

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 07:25 PM
i feel bad for big ben,his o line doesn't have his back

Big Ben has been sacked 4 times today so far and it's only the 2nd Qt....

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 07:50 PM
oh lovely

I should go over and see if i can get a tryout

I could do as well I bet.

Lord knows I couldn't do worse.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I could do as well I bet.

Lord knows I couldn't do worse.

This is just stupid...

I'm a fan, but I just wish to get this season over with. Obviously we haven't been very good all year round, and our record is a product of a weak schedule.

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
the problem is the number of injuries we've suffered and the sheer vagina-ness of our offensive "line"

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
a lot of players and coach staff should get fired at the end of this season...and they should start looking for Olinemen and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators....not the bunch of clowns we have currently on our team...

Callaar21
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Steelers got an Interception!

come on guys this isn't over yet, let em lose first lol.

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
holy crap!?!?!! we're ahead! WTF did Tomlin tells these boys at halftime to get them back into the game?

WOW.

Callaar21
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
holy crap!?!?!! we're ahead! WTF did Tomlin tells these boys at halftime to get them back into the game?

WOW.

Ben stopped throwing the ball to the jags.

Callaar21
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Welp till next season guys.

Steelers for life!

BBGAMBINI31
01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
it was a great comeback,horrible ending,but still they had a chance

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
No excuse...but why the 2pt conversions? I didn't understand it then...and I dont understand it now.

RMail
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
tough loss

better luck next year

xJustin
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
No excuse...but why the 2pt conversions? I didn't understand it then...and I dont understand it now.

They know what they are doing let the coaches worry about that. Any team would go for a 2 pt conversion...they prolly have a chart that tells them when to go for it.

I'm proud of how we played because the Jags were getting way too much hype. Next year we'll have a real Offensive line and we will be back =)

Trbovich12
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM

now that the game is over we can look back and say wow if he would have just went for the PAT twice then it would have been a tied game but its not that easy... Both times that he went for two it was so they would be up by a field goal in the last 8 or so minutes of the game.. It was a good call on his part, esp. when Ward caught the ball but it was called back by some bull**** holding call that didn't even happen...

the problem is the number of injuries we've suffered and the sheer vagina-ness of our offensive "line"

ahh yes Every offensive lineman on the steelers team should have been a blowjob..... they all are a bunch of vagina's fo shoo.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
They know what they are doing let the coaches worry about that. Any team would go for a 2 pt conversion...they prolly have a chart that tells them when to go for it.

I'm proud of how we played because the Jags were getting way too much hype. Next year we'll have a real Offensive line and we will be back =)

They know what they are doing? HAHA 3rd and 6 to win the game, and lets call a QB Sweep that we know will get us no where? Or lets go for a 2pt conversion from the 12 yard line? I'm not a Tomlin hater...but I just dont understand some of the logic. I will almost guarantee Dick LeBeau is gone next year.

Next year we'll have a real OLine? Are you kidding me...we ARE losing Alan Faneca (our best OL)...but yet they are going to be better?

Jags were getting way too much hype? There's a reason...they are good. Obviously beating the hell out of us in the regular season game should show you that. THEN ALL REAL Steelers fans know, Steelers playoff football is different. Not only playoff football...but HOME Playoff Football. And yet they beat us again...

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM

I'm still questioning that..even though we did converted one try and then it came a BS call...
Anyway, what did it kill our season?? same thing that it has always been: the Defense and the Oline!!! I mean, on 3rd and 7 Garrard just ran in the middle of everyone and at least 2 men could've stopped him and failed....then we had 30 secs to get 30 yards (which is not impossible) and then get a field goal try but this is how we ended our season: allowing ANOTHER SACK!! if i were M.Tomlin, as a punishment, I would take the comple Oline to a tattoo shop and have them get a tattoo on their both arms that say :I'm a big P*ssy!!

BBGAMBINI31
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
yup,they said the steelers had never lost to a team twice in the same season,or something like that
y would you lose Alan Faneca?
edit,i meant they haven't lost to a team twice at home in a long time

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
the 2-pointers were a good idea, we got ****ed on that holding call

2nd one (after the BS holding call) should definitely have been a PAT though.

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
yup,they said the steelers had never lost to a team twice in the same season

WTF? Uh, that's completely wrong. It's happened about 30 or 40 times, or am I not understanding something here?

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
the 2-pointers were a good idea, we got ****ed on that holding call

2nd one (after the BS holding call) should definitely have been a PAT though.

I can agree w/the first one to Ward...but why do it again from the 12 yard line?

xJustin
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
They know what they are doing? HAHA 3rd and 6 to win the game, and lets call a QB Sweep that we know will get us no where? Or lets go for a 2pt conversion from the 12 yard line? I'm not a Tomlin hater...but I just dont understand some of the logic. I will almost guarantee Dick LeBeau is gone next year.

Next year we'll have a real OLine? Are you kidding me...we ARE losing Alan Faneca (our best OL)...but yet they are going to be better?

Jags were getting way too much hype? There's a reason...they are good. Obviously beating the hell out of us in the regular season game should show you that. THEN ALL REAL Steelers fans know, Steelers playoff football is different. Not only playoff football...but HOME Playoff Football. And yet they beat us again...

Ok I'll agree with the last 2 paragraphs you wrote, but the 1st one is complete BS and you know it. Give Tomlin a break...he was trying to catch them of guard with that one. Look at Gerrard, did he not **** us up with that scramble he had at the end?? And the 2pt conversion is not even worth arguing about. ANY TEAM WOULD HAVE GONE FOR IT. ITS COMMON ****ING SENSE IN FOOTBALL TO GO FOR 2 WHEN THE 1 POINTER IS WORTHLESS AT THE TIME. (Key words: At The Time.) Sure when the game is over you can look back and be like "omg if we would have kicked those 2 1 pointers we would be tied" but did we know we'd score another TD, no. GG

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok I'll agree with the 2nd 2 paragraphs you wrote, but the 1st one is complete BS and you know it. Give Tomlin a break...he was trying to catch them of guard with that one. Look at Gerrard, did he not **** us up with that scramble he had at the end?? And the 2pt conversion is not even worth arguing. ANY TEAM WOULD HAVE GONE FOR IT. ITS COMMON ****ING SENSE IN FOOTBALL TO GO FOR 2 WHEN THE 1 POINTER IS WORTHLESS AT THE TIME. (Key words: At The Time.)

So why do I see EVERY team going for 2pt conversions then? At the time...w/8 minutes left in the game...from the 12 yard line?

BBGAMBINI31
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM

WTF? Uh, that's completely wrong. It's happened about 30 or 40 times, or am I not understanding something here?

idk,it was something like that,and if the jags won,its been a long time since its happened,that's what they said
o,twice at home,i just remembered

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
yup,they said the steelers had never lost to a team twice in the same season,or something like that
y would you lose Alan Faneca?

Baltimore beat us twice last year...and so many teams before... and Faneca is not happy playing with all this vagina-men....also not happy with money!!

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Baltimore beat us twice last year...and so many teams before...

He's talking about teams beating us TWICE at home. Hardly happens to anyone...simply because no one plays the same team twice at home...

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
So why do I see EVERY team going for 2pt conversions then? At the time...w/8 minutes left in the game...from the 12 yard line?

exactly!!! why in the hell would someone try a 2 pt conv. from the 12 yard line?? I wouldn't even try that playing Madden!! that was very stupid!!

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
exactly!!! why in the hell would someone try a 2 pt conv. from the 12 yard line?? I wouldn't even try that playing Madden!! that was very stupid!!

Holy ****...finally someone agrees. SOMEONE with a little common sense...and probably a true Steelers fan. I don't like 2 point conversions UNLESS you NEED them. With 8 minutes left in the game, I seen why Tomlin did it. Had it not been for Mahan's holding penalty, it would have been a good call. But why try it when YOU DON'T need it from the 12 yard line. Obviously if your down by 8 on your last drive...and you score, then you go for 2. But not with 8 minutes left and from the 12 yard line.

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Holy ****...finally someone agrees. SOMEONE with a little common sense...and probably a true Steelers fan. I don't like 2 point conversions UNLESS you NEED them. With 8 minutes left in the game, I seen why Tomlin did it. Had it not been for Mahan's holding penalty, it would have been a good call. But why try it when YOU DON'T need it from the 12 yard line. Obviously if your down by 8 on your last drive...and you score, then you go for 2. But not with 8 minutes left and from the 12 yard line.

exactly...if we were talking about less than 2 mins then i would agree to go for two...but with 8 minutes?

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
it's a moot point.

the first one succeeded but the bull**** holding call reversed it. Even Madden agreed that the call was ****, and Madden HATES the Steelers and has for 25 years

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I just came from the car to bring my Steelers flags and put them with the Jerseys on the "off-season" box until summer. I'm very very dissapointed at the team, even though we did come back and went ahead...just cound't hold on... I live here in Jacksonville and now I have to hear all this stupid redneck talking crap about how good their team is...some of them will try to make fun or try to make me mad...i hope they don't because my blood always has no-explode flowing all the time and i might lose my temper and Batista-Bomb someone...lol

ApatoJay
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
it's a moot point.

the first one succeeded but the bull**** holding call reversed it. Even Madden agreed that the call was ****, and Madden HATES the Steelers and has for 25 years
hines ward was probably flagrantly ripping down the defender by his facemask on that play as well. just sayin.

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
hines ward was probably flagrantly ripping down the defender by his facemask on that play as well. just sayin.

stop talking out your ass, his hand was caught and he was trying to pull it out

yes, facemasking on him, holding on the defender. Replay the down.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/96/23/da1c_1_b.JPG

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
same here, but I'm bleeding heavily dammit

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
same here, but I'm bleeding heavily dammit

x2, especially the way it ended :(

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:32 PM
same here...it will take me a while to overcome that...

kethnaab
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
i keep thinking about that ****ing holding call on the 2-pointer that would've resulted in the Steelers pushing it to OT

BigVic5
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/96/23/da1c_1_b.JPG

I'm printing this and put it on my desk at work...want to let people know i'm mad...or maybe i should call out this monday...

ossumday1
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
well fellas that was a tough game i cannot get over it...ugh this topped off a terrible week :(

kethnaab
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6687931

Trbovich12
03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Thought I'd bump this and say that Myron Cope will be missed and that we paid big ben alot of money. haha