PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Big7Ben86
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
good luck making it to New York

just realized that march madness is going on and the game isnt home lol. was unable to ninja edit post

kethnaab
03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
even better news, martin will definitely return tomorrow and letang is very likely. 100% healthy once again!

shut up don't jinx us dammit!

hindes204
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Letang says he feels good and will skate tomorrow morning. Be nice to have the whole team back together for this big game against the Rangers

jross2021
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Go Make A Penguins Thread..

http://gifsoup.com/view4/1418494/office-space-o.gif

FormulaLT1poweR
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com free agent TE Kellen Davis has visits lined up with the Cowboys, Steelers and Bengals.
The 2008 fifth-round pick finally found a role as a receiver last season, hauling in 18 catches for 206 yards and five touchdowns. Davis is only an average blocker, but could see his market develop nicely thanks to his strong hands and above-average athleticism. Bears coach Lovie Smith is on the record as wanting Davis back in Chicago.

Kellen Davis has resigned with the Chicago Bears.

Probably a long shot, but maybe he could have done something in the Burgh.

LULZ, Browns lost Hillis to the Chiefs.

thegenerel
03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Go Make A Penguins Thread..

[img]http://gifsoup.com/view4/1418494/office-space-o.gif[/ig]

Steeler fan, lives in PA, not a Pens fan

come on son!

oh and Hampton restructured his deal down from 8M to 3M. he actually took a pay cut. waived his workout bonus and reduced his salary.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Casey Hampton restructured. I LIKE!

jross2021
03-15-2012, 09:44 AM

come on son!

I was kidding, I don't really care, but I don't really watch hockey.. i'd probably be a pens fan if I did.. i've been to a couple games.

Big7Ben86
03-15-2012, 12:40 PM

come on son!

that was like 90% of PA before the crosby/malkin era

i remember when getting into a pens game was as easy as getting into a pirate game

thegenerel
03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
that was like 90% of PA before the crosby/malkin era

i remember when getting into a pens game was as easy as getting into a pirate game

at least going to Pirate games it was fun to sit and hang out. early 2000 Pens games meant being cramped into uncomfortable seats and watching a miserable team.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Dan Connor to the Cowboys...I kinda wanted Pittsburgh to at least take a look.

Brady Quinn has a visit with the Jets. Again, at least a look for insurance purposes...wouldn't be expensive.

Big7Ben86
03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
at least going to Pirate games it was fun to sit and hang out. early 2000 Pens games meant being cramped into uncomfortable seats and watching a miserable team.

dem upper level balcony nosebleed seats

hindes204
03-15-2012, 04:04 PM

I remember going to games in the early 90s...we were good and the place was always packed

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Sport Illustrated draft analyst Tony Pauline's sources tell him that Midwestern State T/G Amini Silatolu has "locked himself in as a top 45 pick".
Midwestern State held their Pro Day on Thursday where Silatolu improved his broad jump to 9'3" and vertical to 32" after standing on 28 bench press reps from the Combine. The 6'4/314 pound behemoth moves well for his size and punishes defensive linemen on contact. The offensive guard class is incredibly deep but Silatolu warrants some comparisons to 2010 first round pick, Mike Iupati.

jross2021
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Sport Illustrated draft analyst Tony Pauline's sources tell him that Midwestern State T/G Amini Silatolu has "locked himself in as a top 45 pick".
Midwestern State held their Pro Day on Thursday where Silatolu improved his broad jump to 9'3" and vertical to 32" after standing on 28 bench press reps from the Combine. The 6'4/314 pound behemoth moves well for his size and punishes defensive linemen on contact. The offensive guard class is incredibly deep but Silatolu warrants some comparisons to 2010 first round pick, Mike Iupati.

top 45.. lol, uhh..

Looks like he's not going to Pittsburgh then.

turk75
03-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Man, i thought this was the year the Browns would actually get their **** together so we can clobber you guys once again... However with the way things are going i see us in the bottom of the cellar for a very long time... fkkkk, GL steeler brahs.

kethnaab
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM

DAMN I'm good.....nobody even HEARD of him when I picked him in my mock like 2 months ago!!!

thegenerel
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
DAMN I'm good.....nobody even HEARD of him when I picked him in my mock like 2 months ago!!!

when I was 14 I predicted that Tom Brady would be one of the best QBs of all time

kethnaab
03-15-2012, 08:52 PM
bumping this since my 3rd round pick 2 months ago is starting to look like a top 50 guy.

so, my first Steelers mock (the following is not fully evaluated intelligence. Do not disseminate without originator control):
* - underclassman
Includes an additional 7th round pick (Matt Spaeth + Nick Eason - Jericho Cotchery should = a 7th rounder)

Round 1 - *Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama, 6-4, 260 may need to go with Kevin Zeitler here now
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/495257/34hxabm.jpg
He eats blockers. He is strong as hell. He can play ILB and be a nightmarish thumper and blitzer, or he can move outside if/when Woodley and Harrison get injured/suspended. He is the ideal ILB to pair with Timmons because he complements all of Timmons' weaknesses and allows Timmons to drop back down to about 230-235 and regain his speed (and hopefully his coverage and blitzing ability)

Round 2 - *Bobby Massie, LT, Ole' Miss, 6-6, 325 bobby Wagner perhaps, if we don't get Hightower, although Markelle Martin and Harrison Smith are 2 guys that would be tough to pass on
http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=D0&Date=20120107&Category=SPORTS030103&ArtNo=201070341&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Rebels-OT-Massie-opts-NFL-draft
Way too athletic. I'll be amazed if he doesn't jump up the draft charts, but he just declared. He played RT but definitely can move and be our franchise LT.

Round 3 - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State, 6-3, 324 since he's "gone" I'd shoot for Brandon Brooks or DeMarrio Davis, depending upon how our first 2 rounds go, or even Josh Chapman
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/757/339/aminis_display_image.jpg?1325692205
Our small-school Carl Nicks. He steps in at LG immediately and provides us with the strength to deal with Ngata and the quickness and coordination to pull and trap.

Round 4 - George Iloka, FS, Boise State, 6-3, 213 I'd take Trenton Robinson here now
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/494794/ilokapick_medium.jpg
He'll probably jump up the draft board too, unfortunately, but he is enormous, hits like a brick wall, and played a good bit of CB. He has ball skills and coverage skills. Not an ideal "slot CB", but he is an ideal foil to bigger guys like Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.

Round 5 - Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas, 6-5, 271 I'd look at Greg Childs here
http://assets.inarkansas.com/20022/jake-bequette-south-carolina.jpg
He reminds me so much of Aaron Smith, it's ridiculous. Long-armed, explosive, and solid. He'll obviously be a developmental project as he'll need to add a good 15-20 lbs, but he's young and is a notorious hard worker with a high motor.

Round 6 - Gerell Robinson, WR, Arizona State, 6-3, 222 Akiem Hicks
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/246/778/107240886_crop_650x440.jpg?1307825970
Our big-bodied, athletic red zone threat.

Round 7a - Cordarro Law, OLB, Southern Mississippi, 6-2, 261 Still like Law, but Scott solomon, Miles Burris, and Louis Nzegwu based purely on freakish athleticism
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-12/66980377.jpg
He's not a Vernon Gholston hardbody, but he has the most ridiculous hands. Very difficult to block. Won't blow up the combine, thankfully. Only chance of him falling this far to us.

Round 7b - Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6-1, 330 apparently this dude is flying up the charts too
http://byucougars.com/files/photos/fangupo_2462.jpg
Stocky fireplug up the middle. Has the explosiveness to play outside and the anchor to play inside. Played both in BYU's 3-4. A bit older (24 or 25), but that's ok, that gives him some "man-strength" which will help him anchor.

Priority UDFAs:

Miles Burris, ILB/OLB, SDSU, 6-3, 237
Chigbo Anunoby, NT, Morehouse, 6-4, 324
Jarvis Canty, OT/OG, Morehouse, 6-5, 340
Charles Deas, NT, Shaw, 6-3, 316
Devon Wylie, WR/KR, Fresno State, 5-10, 185 (~4.30ish) and yet another who is now considered a 3rd/4th

jross2021
03-15-2012, 08:56 PM
bumping this since my 3rd round pick 2 months ago is starting to look like a top 50 guy.

had him going in the 2nd to the 49ers on Febrary 10.. I should be a draft expert on nfl network.

http://i40.tinypic.com/v42xr9.png

thegenerel
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I guess Tomlin went to dinner with Trenton Robinson, and I read that Mike Martin is a possibility in 2/3

kethnaab
03-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I guess Tomlin went to dinner with Trenton Robinson, and I read that Mike Martin is a possibility in 2/3

I knew about the Trenton Robinson thing, but the Mike martin in the 2/3 REALLY interests me. that would signify quite a scheme change on the DL

hindes204
03-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I knew about the Trenton Robinson thing, but the Mike martin in the 2/3 REALLY interests me. that would signify quite a scheme change on the DL

I think Martin is too small for the 3-4...I wonder of Tomlin is trying to draft a 4-3 type line to try and make a change. It's highly doubtful, but I remember a lot of talk like that when he first became coach. He previously worked with and liked the 4-3.

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 08:10 AM

I think Martin is too small for the 3-4...I wonder of Tomlin is trying to draft a 4-3 type line to try and make a change. It's highly doubtful, but I remember a lot of talk like that when he first became coach. He previously worked with and liked the 4-3.

just saw this on twitter. (vanbergen53 tweeted Woodley, and Martin RT and responded in the 1st part)

Mike Martin ******** @GoMikeMartin

Great guys, I'd love to play for them! RT “@VanBergen53: @LaMarrWoodley your coach came and worked me Mike out for pro day. Awesome staff."

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
the bears are down to 4, lets finish them off

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139622773&page=49

kethnaab
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Martin isn't too small for *a* 3-4, he's too small for *our* 3-4, i.e. the LeBeau 3-4, which uses a space eating 2-gapper in the middle. He is perfectly suited (a la Ziggy) for a 1-gap 3-4, like what Philips runs.

just saw this on twitter. (vanbergen53 tweeted Woodley, and Martin RT and responded in the 1st part)

Mike Martin ******** @GoMikeMartin

Great guys, I'd love to play for them! RT “@VanBergen53: @LaMarrWoodley your coach came and worked me Mike out for pro day. Awesome staff."

ok, so this is yoru opportunity to aware me about Twitter

WHAT
THE
FUKC
DID
I
JUST
READ

who is saying what? Who is talking when? Who is talking to whom? WTF?????

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
I did explain it above

first comment:
VanBergen to Woodley: your coach came and worked me Mike out for pro day. Awesome staff.

Mike Martin saw this and retweeted/quoted it "RT" and responded to both Vanbergern and Woodley by saying "Great guys, I'd love to play for them!"

problemz
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Found this on Twitter figured you all would be interested in it

Sources say that, if Denver lands Peyton Manning, they will part ways with their first-round pick for Mike Wallace.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Found this on Twitter figured you all would be interested in it

Sources say that, if Denver lands Peyton Manning, they will part ways with their first-round pick for Mike Wallace.

It would make sense...but with Mannings contract...would they have enough cap space to make it happen? Wallace's contract will have to be severely front loaded so Pittsburgh could not match.

kethnaab
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I did explain it above

first comment:
VanBergen to Woodley: your coach came and worked me Mike out for pro day. Awesome staff.

Mike Martin saw this and retweeted/quoted it "RT" and responded to both Vanbergern and Woodley by saying "Great guys, I'd love to play for them!"

oohh....RT is 'retweet'

is that like 'forward'?

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
oohh....RT is 'retweet'

is that like 'forward'?

its more a quote. a retweet would be like me quoting your post and adding a response or just quoting it as is.

ThaWorldIsYours
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Steeler brahs, if my team (Denver) were to make Wallace a considerable offer, what are the chances you guys match it? Seems like you're not sure about giving him an extension or else you would have done it before allowing him to become an RFA.

Fill me in on the Steeler front office perspective on this Wallace situation.

Personally if we landed Manning I would be smitten to part with a 1st rounder for Wallace. Peyton to Wallace, Bey Bey & Decker, ohhh lawd.

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Steeler brahs, if my team (Denver) were to make Wallace a considerable offer, what are the chances you guys match it? Seems like you're not sure about giving him an extension or else you would have done it before allowing him to become an RFA.

Fill me in on the Steeler front office perspective on this Wallace situation.

Personally if we landed Manning I would be smitten to part with a 1st rounder for Wallace. Peyton to Wallace, Bey Bey & Decker, ohhh lawd.

they are tight money wise for this year, but some think that they do not value him the way the open market would, and if not signed to an extension then he will almost certainly walk. I think I would rather take a 1st rounder this year over another year of Wallace.

with what VJax got, Wallace will want 5-7 years at 12M/per. that is a heavy price for a guy who merely outruns the defense.

kethnaab
03-16-2012, 03:06 PM
with what VJax got, Wallace will want 5-7 years at 12M/per. that is a heavy price for a guy who merely outruns the defense.

I would laugh all the way to our back-to-back 1st rounders if Denver offered $12m per season

jross2021
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I would laugh all the way to our back-to-back 1st rounders if Denver offered $12m per season

this, good luck on your 1-dimensional WR goals in 2012 and beyond.

hindes204
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Im also starting to lean towards the "its ok if he leaves" side. If someone offers him a deal, Ill be glad to take another first rounder. The Steelers have never been ones to give long term contracts to receivers (except Hines) and its worked out pretty good in the past. Thigpen, Plax, Holmes (traded)...and we still built great teams. If we get him for one more year, great, if not, oh well.

jross2021
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM

people on another forum were saying pitt should try to use those 2 picks and maybe a 2nd on moving up to 5th if possible.. thoughts? I think i'd rather grab Hightower and a lineman.

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 10:03 PM
people on another forum were saying pitt should try to use those 2 picks and maybe a 2nd on moving up to 5th if possible.. thoughts? I think i'd rather grab Hightower and a lineman.

spot on, if they have 2 1sts I want OL and Hightower unless some player falls like Kirkpatrick, Kuechley, etc

how epic is this - tonight during the Winnipeg/Caps game Jets fans broke out a "Crosby's better" chant. awesome.

hindes204
03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Denver is $40M under the cap, Manning says he will make a decision Mon or Tue...if he goes to Denver, Im pretty sure Wallace is gone.

kethnaab
03-16-2012, 10:48 PM

what in the bloody hell would we move up to #5 for? :eek:

no, if we get a later 1st, I'd be 100% happy with Hightower and Zeitler, then grab Silatolu/Brandon Washington in the 2nd, Josh Chapman in the 3rd, Trenton Robinson in the 4th, and marvin mcNutt or Greg childs in the 5th.

WHAM.

every single hole on the team filled with high quality talent.

how epic is this - tonight during the Winnipeg/Caps game Jets fans broke out a "Crosby's better" chant. awesome.

HAHAHA!!!! That's awesome! I'm now a Winnipeg Jets fan! :p

thegenerel
03-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I read an article just now that the Steelers are interested in Tolbert...hmm

I cant copy+paste, the site wont allow it.

jross2021
03-16-2012, 11:02 PM

yeah, someone posted that in another thread.. notsureifcanafford

hindes204
03-16-2012, 11:38 PM

Was just coming in here to post about that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/chargers-not-expected-to-re-sign-tolbert-who-may-head-to-steelers/

This was brought up on o Steeler site Im a member of. I still dont think we will be able to offer him what he wants to be paid

Srs Thread
03-17-2012, 07:57 AM
tolbert is the same fat guy that tries to run east/west on a 4th and one and stutters worse than mendy hitting the hole.... with no receiving skills?

eh... no thanks. unless hes dirt cheap.

hindes204
03-17-2012, 08:48 AM
tolbert is the same fat guy that tries to run east/west on a 4th and one and stutters worse than mendy hitting the hole.... with no receiving skills?

eh... no thanks. unless hes dirt cheap.

uhh....notsureifserious

No receiving skills?? Tolbert was 4th among running backs last year with 54 receptions, and his role was greatly diminished by the play of Mathews. He is a large North/South running back with great speed and agility for his size. I would love to have him as a Steeler, I just dont think we can pay him what he wants

Srs Thread
03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
uhh....notsureifserious

No receiving skills?? Tolbert was 4th among running backs last year with 54 receptions, and his role was greatly diminished by the play of Mathews. He is a large North/South running back with great speed and agility for his size. I would love to have him as a Steeler, I just dont think we can pay him what he wants

The Tolbert I saw last year and at the beginning of the season was completely different at the end of the season. He was consistently benched for Matthews, wasnt trusted in all short yard situations, and was shut down in the backfield on 3rd/4th and 1 because he stuttered in the backfield.

hindes204
03-17-2012, 09:23 AM
The Tolbert I saw last year and at the beginning of the season was completely different at the end of the season. He was consistently benched for Matthews, wasnt trusted in all short yard situations, and was shut down in the backfield on 3rd/4th and 1 because he stuttered in the backfield.

Of course you bench him for Mathews, Mathews is a better back, he was given more opportunities. Im not saying Tolbert is a top 10 back or anything, just that hes good enough to add to the Steelers.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, free agent Mike Tolbert to the Steelers is "not happening."
Respected Chargers' beat writer Kevin Acee reported Friday it was down to the Steelers and Panthers for the bowling ball running back, but Pittsburgh apparently isn't willing to meet his asking price. Tolbert would be an illogical fit behind DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson in Carolina, so it's likely he'll keep searching. Acee has hinted stalled talks between Tolbert and the Chargers won't be restarted.

kethnaab
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Tolbert would've been a solid fit. Would've been nice to sign a speedy 3rd down back instead of a bowling ball, but still would've been a good fit

jross2021
03-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Tolbert would've been a solid fit. Would've been nice to sign a speedy 3rd down back instead of a bowling ball, but still would've been a good fit

did he sign anywhere yet? Patiently praying no one else picks him up and he gets desperate and signs a cheap contract.

kethnaab
03-18-2012, 08:07 PM
to my knowledge he hasn't.

thegenerel
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM
steelers depot had an article up that if he goes to Carolina they would need to dump a RB. Stewart has one year left and Williams wont get traded. they suggested picking up JStew for a mid round pick.

kethnaab
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
steelers depot had an article up that if he goes to Carolina they would need to dump a RB. Stewart has one year left and Williams wont get traded. they suggested picking up JStew for a mid round pick.

so much want...

hindes204
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
so much want...

this

jross2021
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
so much want...

EOl7KyLaxSs

I can has this?

kethnaab
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
EOl7KyLaxSs

I can has this?

sure.

try and tackle JStew and I'm sure you can has that

FormulaLT1poweR
03-18-2012, 10:26 PM
1. Free agent Mike Tolbert is having dinner with Panthers officials on Sunday night.
He'll meet with the coaching staff Monday at Bank of America Stadium. Tolbert would add a fourth capable back to a corps that already includes DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, and Mike Goodson. The Charlotte Observer has suggested Stewart could go on the trade block in the final year of his rookie contract. Of the three Carolina backs, Tolbert is also most like Stewart.

2. ESPN's Pat Yasinskas agrees that Jonathan Stewart is more likely to become trade bait than DeAngelo Williams if the Panthers sign free agent Mike Tolbert.
This possibility was first floated by the Charlotte Observer, and Yasinskas is a trusted voice as a former Panthers beat reporter. Stewart is entering a contract year, and the Panthers probably won't be able to retain both him and the overpaid Williams behind 2012. If the Panthers do shop Stewart before April's draft, they shouldn't settle for any less than a second-round pick.

1a. Sounds like Tolbert to Carolina is going to happen. Dad was hearing Tolbert was reconsidering Pittsburgh, but I haven't found any sources. With Mendenhall's injury I'd surely like some more depth. Tolbert would be a good fix, but I'm thinking he wants $.

2b. IMO, Carolina will try to dump Stewart (if Tolbert) is signed. He's a FA next year, and they won't get anything for him unless it's THIS offseason. Problem with Pittsburgh is there are too many teams in need of a RB. I wouldn't give up a first or even a 2nd rounder for him. 3rd would be pushing it...he's worth it, but then we got to worry about yet another contract. The only way I'd want this to happen is if the Steelers are going to give up on Mendenhall (which I don't see happening).

thegenerel
03-19-2012, 07:15 AM
2nd round pick for him is way too much. a 2nd for a pending FA RB or 2 3rds for a Pro Bowl WR that is signed for 3 years (yes this is oversimplifying things)

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 09:00 AM
SI.com's Peter King believes the 49ers could make a play for restricted free agent Mike Wallace if they fail to sign free agents Peyton Manning and Alex Smith.
Whiffing on Manning and Smith would force the 49ers to go with ****n Kaepernick or a low-level free agent at quarterback, but would free up the roughly $8 million per season it would take to sign Wallace. San Francisco would also have to send Pittsburgh its 30th pick if it signed Wallace to an offer the Steelers couldn't match. King calls the scenario a "longshot," but adding a player of Wallace's caliber always makes sense on paper.

---Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Wallace, Davis = HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
$8m/ is fairly easy to match. they'll need to come forward with more than that I think.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
$8m/ is fairly easy to match. they'll need to come forward with more than that I think.

Manning to Denver.

Tebow on the trading block.

Tolbert signs a 4 year deal w/ Carolina.

Denver to try to get Wallace now?!

hindes204
03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Manning to Denver.

Tebow on the trading block.

Tolbert signs a 4 year deal w/ Carolina.

Denver to try to get Wallace now?!

You ****ers are too fast, I was coming in to post pretty much exactly what you wrote. I think they will make an offer for Wallace. But even if he goes, we have back to back 1st rounders, I'll take that!!

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
You ****ers are too fast, I was coming in to post pretty much exactly what you wrote. I think they will make an offer for Wallace. But even if he goes, we have back to back 1st rounders, I'll take that!!

Haha, I'm sitting here doing homework during Spring Break w/ ESPN on TV in the background.

Does anyone know the Broncos cap situation? These have some implications on the possible Wallace move:
1. According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Broncos initially promised Peyton Manning a deal worth roughly $95 million over five years.
2. Free agent C Jeff Saturday was reportedly scheduled to visit the Packers and Titans before Peyton Manning agreed to join the Broncos on Monday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that all three teams Manning had been talking with have considered adding Saturday. Manning did not "mandate" the addition of Saturday, but it would no doubt increase his comfort level with the team. It's worth noting that Pro Football Focus graded Denver's J.D. Walton as the NFL's worst center in 2011. Saturday was No. 5.

canuckathlete
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Haha, I'm sitting here doing homework during Spring Break w/ ESPN on TV in the background.

Does anyone know the Broncos cap situation? These have some implications on the possible Wallace move:

Not sure the exact number, but they have tons of cap space, part of the incentive for Manning to go there as opposed to Arizona is the space to add some more top talent

hindes204
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the last time I looked they had something like $40M in cap space

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

1. According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Broncos initially promised Peyton Manning a deal worth roughly $95 million over five years.
2. Free agent C Jeff Saturday was reportedly scheduled to visit the Packers and Titans before Peyton Manning agreed to join the Broncos on Monday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that all three teams Manning had been talking with have considered adding Saturday. Manning did not "mandate" the addition of Saturday, but it would no doubt increase his comfort level with the team. It's worth noting that Pro Football Focus graded Denver's J.D. Walton as the NFL's worst center in 2011. Saturday was No. 5.

Not sure the exact number, but they have tons of cap space, part of the incentive for Manning to go there as opposed to Arizona is the space to add some more top talent

I think the last time I looked they had something like $40M in cap space

Add in:
The Denver Post's Mike Klis expects the Broncos to sign free agent Dallas Clark.
It's unclear if Klis is just speculating or passing along sourced information, but the move would be a no-brainer after the Broncos landed Peyton Manning on Monday and allowed their 2011 starting tight end Daniel Fells to sign with the Patriots. Clark would have to be a part of a tandem, however, as injuries have limited him to just 17 of a possible 32 games the past two seasons.

hindes204
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Just read that even after the Manning signing they will still have close to $20M

However, if manning wants Saturday and Dallas Clark, they may not have enough to make a grab at Wallace

hindes204
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat me too it again!!!

thegenerel
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Just read that even after the Manning signing they will still have close to $20M

However, if manning wants Saturday and Dallas Clark, they may not have enough to make a grab at Wallace

those guys are old as hell, no more than 7-8M combined and Wallace could be had for 10M imo

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Broncos are swimming in cap space. They could sign Mike Wallace 2 or 3 times over without breaking the bank

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Broncos are swimming in cap space. They could sign Mike Wallace 2 or 3 times over without breaking the bank

"Swimming" in cap space BEFORE Manning.

Then add in Saturday and Clark?

Plus I think they are re-signing Mays, their ILB?

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I LOL'D

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tebow-jesus.jpg

jross2021
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM

they dun goofed if they sign saturday and clark. Saturday said he wasn't really interested in going where Peyton said in some interview I heard.

Also, i'm sure Peyton will take a cap friendly contract considering his hundreds of millions he gets paid in oreo's.

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 12:44 PM

dude. they're $40 MILLION UNDER the cap. Manning will be possibly $15 of that. Mays is going to cost bout tree-fitty. dude's a nobody. Saturday and Clark are both ancient. They have easily enough $$$ if they want to get him

that being said, Johnathan Stewart is headed to Denver to be reunited with Fox since Knowshow was such a puss.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
dude. they're $40 MILLION UNDER the cap. Manning will be possibly $15 of that. Mays is going to cost bout tree-fitty. dude's a nobody. Saturday and Clark are both ancient. They have easily enough $$$ if they want to get him

that being said, Johnathan Stewart is headed to Denver to be reunited with Fox since Knowshow was such a puss.

I think Manning's contract will eat up about half of that. So $20-$25M to spend on FA. Why the hell wouldn't they get Wallace? Or anyone else for that matter?

J Stew probably is headed to Denver, it makes sense. Ship Tebow off to Miami/Jacksonville.

If Denver plays it's cards right, they could be a legit team next year, IMO.

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Manning's contract will eat up about half of that. So $20-$25M to spend on FA. Why the hell wouldn't they get Wallace? Or anyone else for that matter?

J Stew probably is headed to Denver, it makes sense. Ship Tebow off to Miami/Jacksonville.

If Denver plays it's cards right, they could be a legit team next year, IMO.

it's possible. With Manning, they'll be in "win right now" mode, not "build for the future" mode

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
it's possible. With Manning, they'll be in "win right now" mode, not "build for the future" mode

Nothing wrong with that IMO. Manning's got a bit left in the tank IMO, surround him with talent and you'll be good for those years. However, they need to severely upgrade a few positions if they are going to do anything. Wallace and Stewart would surely help...

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
La'Ron Landry to the Jets.

Robert Gallery & Donte Stallworth to the Patriots.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
1. Free agent CB William Gay is visiting the Cardinals on Monday.
Free agent DB/ST Jarrett Bush is also in Arizona. Gay knows Cardinals DC Ray Horton well from their time together in Pittsburgh. With the Cards, Gay would compete for playing time at nickel back, filling Richard Marshall's old role.

2. The Panthers announced Mike Tolbert as a fullback in their official release for the signing.
After originally guessing that Jonathan Stewart would go on the trade block, ESPN's Pat Yasinkas now concedes the Panthers "are trying to quickly get the word out" that Tolbert's signing doesn't affect Stewart's future with the club. The signing had as much to do with Tolbert's versatility and dynamic special teams ability as his running-game contributions

3. Free agent C Jeff Saturday will visit the Broncos, according to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora.
Rev up the caravan of ex-Colts. In addition to Saturday, LaCanfora reports free agent slot receiver and Denver local Brandon Stokley will likely be signed. It certainly would be no surprise if Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai followed the group West.

1a. Please William Gay, sign with Arizona. In my almost 28 years of existence, I have not hated a Steelers player, more than I hate you. Please do me a favor (since you can't cover anyone), put on another teams jersey.

2a. JStew staying put? Christ all mighty they have a back field if so...

3a. Please be true...keep surrounding Manning with all these old washed up farts, rather than talented young players.

jross2021
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
2a. JStew staying put? Christ all mighty they have a back field if so...

that's what I heard too, apparently he's intrigued by their plans with the backfield.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
that's what I heard too, apparently he's intrigued by their plans with the backfield.

Cam Newton, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathon Stewart, Mike Tolbert...

Now if only they could get a defense, and another WR.

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
1. Free agent CB William Gay is visiting the Cardinals on Monday.
Free agent DB/ST Jarrett Bush is also in Arizona. Gay knows Cardinals DC Ray Horton well from their time together in Pittsburgh. With the Cards, Gay would compete for playing time at nickel back, filling Richard Marshall's old role.

tee hee

1a. Please William Gay, sign with Arizona. In my almost 28 years of existence, I have not hated a Steelers player, more than I hate you.

oh, could not possibly disagree more. Gay was what he was. We're the idiotcs that tried to force him into a starting role.

No, the one I hate the most is Chris Kemoeatu. That fat lazy sack of shi!t stole paychecks, oxygen, and a super bowl from us. He did NOT improve from his first damn season as a starter. At least Gay improved. Kemoeatu was hte same moronic, idiotic, fat, pathetic pile of **** excrement in his final season here as he was in his first.

christ, don't get me started, my damn blood pressure is already rising

Gay was not good and never was going to be. Everybody knew this. He simply didn't have the potential or ability. He tried his best, he just was SEVERELY limited. A CFL player who would be average due to talent.

Kemoeatu has talent. He was just to motherfukcing lazy to do anything.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers "do not believe (Rashard Mendenhall) will be of much use" during the 2012 season.
The Post-Gazette even suggests Mendenhall, who tore his right ACL on January 1, may have played his last down for the Steelers. Mendenhall is entering a contract year, and the gloomy reports on his 2012 outlook suggest his knee injury may have been more extensive than team has let on. Writes reliable beat reporter Ed Bouchette, "Sources told me that the Steelers will not count on Mendenhall returning to form until at least the 2013 season."

If this is the belief...why not cut him? Then trade for J Stew???

kethnaab
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers "do not believe (Rashard Mendenhall) will be of much use" during the 2012 season.
The Post-Gazette even suggests Mendenhall, who tore his right ACL on January 1, may have played his last down for the Steelers. Mendenhall is entering a contract year, and the gloomy reports on his 2012 outlook suggest his knee injury may have been more extensive than team has let on. Writes reliable beat reporter Ed Bouchette, "Sources told me that the Steelers will not count on Mendenhall returning to form until at least the 2013 season."

If this is the belief...why not cut him? Then trade for J Stew???

Because that would make sense.

hindes204
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Hines Ward is holding a press conference at noon today. Most rumors are that he will retire.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Hines Ward is holding a press conference at noon today. Most rumors are that he will retire.

You're late again! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143299613 :D

Another note:
Free agent TE Anthony Hill will visit the Steelers Tuesday.
A fourth-round pick of the Texans in 2009, Hill has appeared in just 12 career games, making only three catches for 19 yards. He boasts enormous size at 6-foot-6, 278 pounds, but has primarily been a blocker. At best, he'd be a camp body for the Steelers.

And Another:
Broncos signed QB Peyton Manning to a five-year, $96 million contract.

hindes204
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
You're late again! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143299613 :D.

I suck at life

thegenerel
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
1st is the worst
2nd is the best
3rd is the one with the treasure chest

FormulaLT1poweR
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
F*ck he's got tears in my eyes.

<3 86 <3

canuckathlete
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Man this is sad

kethnaab
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
glad I'm missing it. I'd be blubbering like a fool.

jross2021
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM

I was watching it on my phone and almost teared up in class.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM

It lasted 28 minutes. Real good press conference, one of the better ones I've seen.

One of the FEW true Steelers.

He even mentioned to Mike Wallace, and tried to convince him to stay here.

Hardcore_D00d
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Wow i never was a hines ward or steelers fan but just watched his retirement speech. much respect. thats a real football player

Srs Thread
03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
havent seen this anywhere yet, but it makes sense

-Texans trade demeco ryans
-biggest need is a wr2 to stretch the field
-freed up a lot of cap space
-they were thinking wr in 1st round
-mike wallace?

kethnaab
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
havent seen this anywhere yet, but it makes sense

-Texans trade demeco ryans
-biggest need is a wr2 to stretch the field
-freed up a lot of cap space
-they were thinking wr in 1st round
-mike wallace?

texans are absolutely raped for cash. they are going to get hammered next season just as badly as this season.

id' be shocked if they gave up a 1st AND $9m for a WR

FormulaLT1poweR
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Damn, thought he'd be a good one to take over Cothery's role if he left:

Cardinals re-signed WR Early Doucet to a two-year contract.
The Cardinals' decision to let the market establish Doucet's value paid off. Aside from drawing a quick look from the Cowboys, Doucet generated surprisingly minimal interest, and will now return for a fifth year in the desert after posting career highs across the board last season. One of the league's most physical slot receivers, Doucet struggled with injury early in his career, but will solidify himself as a WR3/4 in PPR leagues if he can match or build on his 54/689/5 line from 2011.

jross2021
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Damn, thought he'd be a good one to take over Cothery's role if he left:

Cardinals re-signed WR Early Doucet to a two-year contract.
The Cardinals' decision to let the market establish Doucet's value paid off. Aside from drawing a quick look from the Cowboys, Doucet generated surprisingly minimal interest, and will now return for a fifth year in the desert after posting career highs across the board last season. One of the league's most physical slot receivers, Doucet struggled with injury early in his career, but will solidify himself as a WR3/4 in PPR leagues if he can match or build on his 54/689/5 line from 2011.

we're getting black balled.. stewart, tolbert, doucet.. we're going to be forced into drafting Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter.

kethnaab
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
we're getting black balled.. stewart, tolbert, doucet.. we're going to be forced into drafting Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter.

*laughs*

I know that's just killing you....

FormulaLT1poweR
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Steelers signed FB Will Johnson.
After using up his college eligibility in 2011, Johnson worked three jobs for the opportunity to impress scouts at West Virginia's Pro Day last week. The Steelers came away impressed after he blazed a 4.40 forty at 6'2/240 while leading all Volunteers with 30 reps on the bench press.

The Broncos reportedly have interest in free agents CB William Gay and TE Matthew Mulligan.
Gay joins Tracy Porter as cornerbacks of interest to the Broncos. Gay has already visited the Titans and Cardinals, and the Steelers want him back as well. Mulligan is purely a blocking specialist while Jacob Tamme, scheduled to visit Denver this week, is purely a receiving tight end.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Steelers re-signed TE Wes Lyons.
Lyons was in Steelers camp last year. The Pennsylvania native never lived up to expectations at West Virginia, where it was thought his 6'8" frame would allow him to become a red-zone threat of Chris Henry proportions. He's a long shot to make the Steelers' roster this summer.

kethnaab
03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Steelers signed FB Will Johnson.
After using up his college eligibility in 2011, Johnson worked three jobs for the opportunity to impress scouts at West Virginia's Pro Day last week. The Steelers came away impressed after he blazed a 4.40 forty at 6'2/240 while leading all Volunteers with 30 reps on the bench press.

good bye David, hello Will !

if this dude has hands, we might be in some good shape here. A big strong dude with some speed? Oh hell yeah

FormulaLT1poweR
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Jets acquired QB Tim Tebow and a 2012 seventh-round pick from the Broncos in exchange for fourth- and sixth-round picks in 2012.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Rams "jumped in" to the Tebow trade talks on Wednesday morning, and they along with the Jaguars and Jets were in the thick of conversations. The Packers ultimately determined Tebow wasn't worth a mid-round pick. In New York, Tebow will create some urgency for Mark Sanchez, although he's ultimately expected to be a No. 3 quarterback and package-type player. If Sanchez starts the 2012 season slow, however, we'd hardly be shocked if Tebow's quarterbacking role grew. He fits perfectly with Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano's run-heavy mindset.

jross2021
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I wish the Steelers would show interest in Green-Ellis. he's actually pretty damn good, has good hands and does not fumble.

thegenerel
03-21-2012, 10:18 PM
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Mike Wallace discussing contract with 3teams (Bengals & Patriots - Serious talks with both) Broncos jumped in

Srs Thread
03-22-2012, 07:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55993/report-wallace-wants-more-than-fitzgerald

LOL

WOW. Wallace wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald's huge deal? I hope he is just trying to get teams to back down to resign with Pittsburgh... or he is a complete moran.
lol

FormulaLT1poweR
03-22-2012, 07:55 AM
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Mike Wallace discussing contract with 3teams (Bengals & Patriots - Serious talks with both) Broncos jumped in

Citing a league source, the Sacramento Bee reports that restricted free agent Mike Wallace is searching for a long-term contract in excess of the eight-year, $120 million deal signed by Larry Fitzgerald last August.
The Bee's Matt Barrows has been tracking the situation because the team he covers -- the 49ers -- made an inquiry about signing Wallace to an offer sheet. It's not happening if he insists on becoming one of the top three highest paid receivers in football. (Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald are Nos. 1 and 2.) Wallace may still leave Pittsburgh if his asking price comes down, but the Steelers couldn't lock him up long term, either, on that lofty of a demand.

jross2021
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Citing a league source, the Sacramento Bee reports that restricted free agent Mike Wallace is searching for a long-term contract in excess of the eight-year, $120 million deal signed by Larry Fitzgerald last August.
The Bee's Matt Barrows has been tracking the situation because the team he covers -- the 49ers -- made an inquiry about signing Wallace to an offer sheet. It's not happening if he insists on becoming one of the top three highest paid receivers in football. (Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald are Nos. 1 and 2.) Wallace may still leave Pittsburgh if his asking price comes down, but the Steelers couldn't lock him up long term, either, on that lofty of a demand.

LOL!! I could see him getting maybe VJax money, but Calvin and Larry? lmfao, Michael, plz go.

hindes204
03-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Wallace must be on some good drugs. I like the guy, but to ask for Fitz type money...get the **** outta here. He's not on the same level as Fitz, I think his ego is getting the best of him. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to drop that kind of money plus a first rounder, so we may get him for one more year at a cheap price. He's definately gone next year though.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.
After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."

ramsgoldberg61
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Just stumbled upon this today!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/6313376054_56d3f017af.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
03-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Just stumbled upon this today!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/6313376054_56d3f017af.jpg

Cool, where is that at?

Check PM...

kethnaab
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM

uh huh

FormulaLT1poweR
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
uh huh

Steelers president Art Rooney II reiterated his intention to lock up restricted free agent Mike Wallace with a long-term contract.
"The sooner the better as far as we're concerned but there's two parties to it," Rooney said. "We'll have to see what we agree on so I don't want to put any particular time frame on it or restrictions on it because these things take time and I wouldn't want to box myself in on it." Although Wallace is reportedly seeking Larry Fitzgerald money, he'll have to settle for $10-11 million per season.

trek_6k
03-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I like Mike Wallace. Or rather, I liked Mike Wallace. To this point, he's been nothing more than a one trick pony that has grown too big for his britches. He hasn't progressed in his time with the Steelers at all... in his time here, I think I can remember him coming back for a ball ONCE. He's not aggressive, gets stuffed at the line, and bitches when the ball doesn't come his way.

All in all, he's just too much of a risk at this point. Pay the money for him and I think you're getting ****ed.

Big7Ben86
03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Steelers president Art Rooney II reiterated his intention to lock up restricted free agent Mike Wallace with a long-term contract.
"The sooner the better as far as we're concerned but there's two parties to it," Rooney said. "We'll have to see what we agree on so I don't want to put any particular time frame on it or restrictions on it because these things take time and I wouldn't want to box myself in on it." Although Wallace is reportedly seeking Larry Fitzgerald money, he'll have to settle for $10-11 million per season.

that must suck having to settle or 10-11 million a year. poor guy

jross2021
03-24-2012, 08:11 PM
that must suck having to settle or 10-11 million a year. poor guy

lol it's a pride thing, considering he watched Vincent Jackson sign for 12 million a year.. will probably hurt his ego thinking he's not worth as much as VJax..

kethnaab
03-24-2012, 08:27 PM
lol it's a pride thing, considering he watched Vincent Jackson sign for 12 million a year.. will probably hurt his ego thinking he's not worth as much as VJax..

well, let him go to Tampa Bay and earn $12 million. At least the weather's nice there, even if the football team sucks.

jross2021
03-25-2012, 09:53 AM
It appears James Harrison has a soft side as well

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/48aec4c6768d11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RS_ioauEOQk/TylvaNkkwdI/AAAAAAAAJa0/fDV4gCDBoWQ/s400/cute%2Bmeme.png

FormulaLT1poweR
03-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Bust out the champagne!

Cardinals signed CB William Gay, formerly of the Steelers.
Like Tashard Choice, Gay broke the news on his own Twitter account. Gay will replace CB Richard Marshall, and gives the Cardinals insurance as Greg Toler completes his recovery from a torn ACL. With Patrick Peterson and A.J. Jefferson also in the fold at corner, Gay might begin the year as low as No. 4 on the depth chart, but could also see time at safety. Marshall played both corner and safety in 2011, and Pittsburgh was mulling re-signing Gay as a safety before letting him walk. Going by opposing quarterback completion percentage, Gay was one of the league's poorer starting corners in 2011.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Free agent QB Dennis Dixon is visiting with the Broncos.
Denver signed Caleb Hanie to a two-year contract on Saturday, but Dixon would give him much-needed competition for the No. 2 job behind Peyton Manning. Hanie is more of a pocket quarterback like Manning, while Dixon has the ability to make plays with his legs. Even if Dixon is signed, Denver could still look to draft a young arm in April's draft.

thegenerel
03-27-2012, 09:27 AM
inb4 delete

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=8853203

kethnaab
03-27-2012, 09:43 AM
that dude is bat$hit crazy

hindes204
03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Is there a legit Steelers forum? or do you guys just straggle all over the interweb? I know there's no official one.

I go to steelersuniverse.com

I've been a member since the beginning, it actually started after a previous forum fell apart. There is a lot of knowledgable people on there (along with the knuckleheads, just like any other forum).

They also have a very good relationship with triblive so they do a lot of player interviews and things. The draft boards there are full of ridiculous amounts of research, especially the posts from chidi29

FormulaLT1poweR
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
The Steelers are hosting OT Demetrius Bell on a free agent visit Friday.
It's Bell's fourth known free agent visit. Bell would give Pittsburgh its most athletic left tackle in several seasons, although he doesn't quite fit the club's usual preference for beefy linemen along the front five. Bell has also drawn interest from the Packers, Cardinals, Redskins, and Bills.

kethnaab
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
The Steelers are hosting OT Demetrius Bell on a free agent visit Friday.
It's Bell's fourth known free agent visit. Bell would give Pittsburgh its most athletic left tackle in several seasons, although he doesn't quite fit the club's usual preference for beefy linemen along the front five. Bell has also drawn interest from the Packers, Cardinals, Redskins, and Bills.

I did a "full scale" preseason as Assistant GM for the Steelers on another website, and Demetrius Bell is a guy we signed as a priority free agent along with Aubrayo Franklin

if Bell can stay healthy, good lord almighty, talk about a HUGE upgrade to our OL

FormulaLT1poweR
03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I did a "full scale" preseason as Assistant GM for the Steelers on another website, and Demetrius Bell is a guy we signed as a priority free agent along with Aubrayo Franklin

if Bell can stay healthy, good lord almighty, talk about a HUGE upgrade to our OL

I'd like it, but he's got too many other teams interested IMO. Packers, Cardinals, Skins, Bills, Steelers and now the Eagles. Seems like highest bidder will win.

Did Franklin sign somewhere yet?

hindes204
03-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd like it, but he's got too many other teams interested IMO. Packers, Cardinals, Skins, Bills, Steelers and now the Eagles. Seems like highest bidder will win.

Did Franklin sign somewhere yet?

Yea, I don't thing we'll be able to compete with the other teams that are interested in Bell...but damn, I'd sure love to have him.

As far as Franklin, I'm pretty sure he is still a free agent

FormulaLT1poweR
03-31-2012, 03:03 PM
-Meh, told you so.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review does not believe the Steelers are "equipped to do serious bidding" on free agent LT Demetrius Bell.
The Steelers hosted Bell for a visit Friday, but are reportedly just $6-$8 million under the cap, and still have a number of in-house free agents to re-sign. Bell will visit the Eagles on Saturday, who are likely the favorites for his services as they scramble to find a fill-in for All-Pro LT Jason Peters (Achilles).

kethnaab
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
-Meh, told you so.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review does not believe the Steelers are "equipped to do serious bidding" on free agent LT Demetrius Bell.

we're too busy paying Willie Colon $6 million/season to bid on a free agent

we're too busy paying $50 million to a 1.15 draft pick LB who can't call the signals 5 seasons into his career and who can't make tackles if his jersey gets dirty

FormulaLT1poweR
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
we're too busy paying Willie Colon $6 million/season to bid on a free agent

we're too busy paying $50 million to a 1.15 draft pick LB who can't call the signals 5 seasons into his career and who can't make tackles if his jersey gets dirty

I don't mind the Timmons contract...YET.

Colon...eh yea what a waste.

I simply don't get it...Ben needs an OL and I think the Cleveland game showed it (high-ankle sprain). However, since 2004, he really hasn't had an offensive line...and he's got the front office fooled. Not to mention the success 2 SB victories, 3 SB appearances, 2 Pro-Bowl seasons, etc. Now they think he's better "when the play breaks down". Don't let the play break down...and give him all day to throw...and see what happens. ;)

thegenerel
04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
http://thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/steelers-project-part-2-drafting-steelers

read part one, a player in the 100s made me LOL

FormulaLT1poweR
04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Chances of the Steelers trading up to get him?

Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande considers Boston College ILB Luke Kuechly "the best coverage linebacker to come into the NFL in many years."
It's a nice cherry on top for one of the most productive tacklers in NCAA history. Lande also praises Kuechly's "speed, instincts, and athleticism," while calling him the toughest linebacker prospect in the 2012 class. Kuechly might go as early as No. 12 to Seattle, even if that's a high for a non-rush linebacker.

What is the value of say the 12th pick? What would Pittsburgh have to give up?

thegenerel
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Chances of the Steelers trading up to get him?

Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande considers Boston College ILB Luke Kuechly "the best coverage linebacker to come into the NFL in many years."
It's a nice cherry on top for one of the most productive tacklers in NCAA history. Lande also praises Kuechly's "speed, instincts, and athleticism," while calling him the toughest linebacker prospect in the 2012 class. Kuechly might go as early as No. 12 to Seattle, even if that's a high for a non-rush linebacker.

What is the value of say the 12th pick? What would Pittsburgh have to give up?

a 2nd. If they want a LB then trade up and get the one who isnt taken first.

my short list for R1
TE: Fleener
OL: Martin, Konz, Zeitler
NT: Poe inb4 kethnaab coolface.jpeg
LB: Kuechly, Hightower
DB: Gilmore, Barron, Kirkpatrick

Im bearish towards Adams, not a fan of any of the DL.

jross2021
04-04-2012, 07:51 PM

my short list for R1

y no cordy glenn?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-04-2012, 08:00 PM

my short list for R1

That's sort of my wishlist as well. I'd be happier to pass on a NT as next years class looks to have a few 1st round NT's already.

So it would take our 1st & 2nd to move up to say the 12th pick?

I seen a mock with us taking Hightower and then Osmele. I was like dowant.gif!!!!

thegenerel
04-04-2012, 08:04 PM
y no cordy glenn?

I think he is too fat and stupid. His combine was great but he has some red flags. Jim Wexell hates him, and I respect his opinions

That's sort of my wishlist as well. I'd be happier to pass on a NT as next years class looks to have a few 1st round NT's already.

I seen a mock with us taking Hightower and then Osmele. I was like dowant.gif!!!!

there are good NTs to be had later. I think there several intriguing OL in R2.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-04-2012, 08:14 PM
there are good NTs to be had later. I think there several intriguing OL in R2.

Well thankfully our team is good at drafting BPA. However, I'd hate to miss out on Kuechly AND Hightower. It sucks the Detroit Lions "need" some of the same positions CB/LB/OL. We missed on Patrick Willis AND Derrelle Revis because teams knew we wanted them, and they refused to trade (or let them fall).

With the holes at OL, maybe giving up a 2nd rounder for a MLB might be too costly? It wouldn't be a bad thing to take OL/OL. It's coming closer... ;)

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM

my short list for R1

Fleener - nah. Ladarius Green in the 3rd
Martin - nah, bust. Konz - nah, he's a 3rd round OG with injury issues. Zeitler - oh hell yes.
Poe [b]GETDAFU......

aaahahhahahahahaha......icwutudidthar.....hahahaha .....well played phaggot!!!!

Kuechly/Hightower - yes please
Gilmore - best FS in the draft
Barron - yes please
Kirkpatrick - yes please.

make no mistake though. If Whitney Mercilus is there, he will be a pittsburgh steeler in 2012.

I also think that Mike Adams is #2 on the Steelers draft board behind Kuechly, assuming Tomlin doesn't see another bowl of grits

I'd draft at least 2 NTs from next season before Ta'amu or Chapman this year

and our 3rd.

going to post my steelers board here in a few minutes

jross2021
04-05-2012, 10:14 AM
going to post my steelers board here in a few minutes

lettuce just wait.. kethnaab will surely deliver..

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 10:23 AM
wow, havent heard Mercilus linked to the Steelers...you think he will go to the Steelers at 24 if Hightower is there?

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 10:24 AM
lettuce just wait.. kethnaab will surely deliver..

you have been shunned from this thread for down voting the Pirates

ramsgoldberg61
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM

strong this :(

FormulaLT1poweR
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM

strong this :(

3rd.

ramsgoldberg61
04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
So we're only allowed to vote once a day right?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931071&page=17

just checking ;)

jross2021
04-05-2012, 10:42 AM

lol! I was born in Seattle and lived there during the Griffey era, so i'm a Mariners fan. Pops only watched football and he was from PA and loved the Steelers, watched the Steelers every week for as long as I can remember! I already told you i'm sorry! Was just copying and pasting Lostone's post cuz I was lazy.. i'll make it up to you!

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
So we're only allowed to vote once a day right?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931071&page=17

just checking ;)

we should just vote once an hour and troll the thread so hard. we could eliminate the Mariners right away and put the Pirates up be a ton of points.

jross2021
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
we should just vote once an hour and troll the thread so hard. we could eliminate the Mariners right away and put the Pirates up be a ton of points.

hey! hey! I just voted for the Pirates.. you can't just eliminate my team like that.

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
first, the flags:

(E+)= elite = talent that doesn't come along every season
(d-)= dickhead = off-field issues
(C+)= captain = demonstrated high character, smarts, and leadership
(L-)= lazy = big questions about motivation and work ethic
(m-)= medical = obvious
(T+)= technician = notorious for playing better than physical ability due to high degree of technical ability
(U+)= upside = obvious
(V+)= versatile = can play multiple positions and be used in a variety of ways

a few notable "MIAs" here

1. RBs - I don't believe a team should draft a RB in the 1st, ESPECIALLY the Steelers
2. 5-tech 2-gap guys = I don't believe a team should draft a 3-4 DE in the 1st round to play a read-react system. Brockers is on here due only to the upside his ridiculous frame and youth provide
3. QBs - should be fairly obvious why they aren't on here

so here are the 1st round talents for the Steelers. the - flags are ignored, with the idea that we wouldn't draft them in the 1st if they don't "pass" the negative flag problem. Groups are listed, in order of importance to the Steelers' overall scheme. It is NOT influenced by need, nor is it influenced by "prevailing opinion".

Whitney Mercilus - 34OLB (U+) (upside, OLB on either side)
Nick Perry - 34RO (right OLB only, not a left side)
Courtney Upshaw - 34SO (L-) (left OLB only, potential laziness issues)
Melvin Ingram - 34RO (C+) (right OLB, known high character)

Alameda Ta'amu - 0T, 1T (L-) (U+) (0 or 1-technique, laziness, upside)
Brandon Thompson - 1T
Josh Chapman - 0T (m-) (T+) (medical problems, excellent technician)
Dontari Poe - 1T (L-) (U+) (potential laziness problems, extreme upside as a 1-technique)

Dont'a Hightower - 34B (m-) (C+) (U+) (V+) (buck ILB, high character, medical issues, high upside and versatility)
Luke Kuechly - 34M (C+) (high character)

Mark Barron - SS
Stephen Gilmore - FS (U+) (upside)

Michael Brockers - 5T-2 (U+) (upside)

Justin Blackmon - WR
Michael Floyd - WR (d-) (dickbrain)

David DeCastro - LG
Riley Reiff - LG (U+) (high upside)
Kevin Zeitler - LG (C+) (T+) (high character, excellent technician)
Amini Silatolu - RG

Matt Kalil - LT (E+) (elite)
Mike Adams - LT (L-) (lazy)
Cordy Glenn - RT (L-) (lazy)

Morris Claiborne - CBM (man CB)
Janoris Jenkins - CBM (d-) (man CB, dickhead)
Dre Kirkpatrick - CBZ (d-) (zone CB, dickhead)

======================
guys who should probably listed as 1st round talents:

Quinton Coples 5T-1 (L-) (1-gap 5-technique a la JJ Watt/Calais Campbell, lazy)
Devon Still 5T-2 (2-gap 5-technique, a la Aaron Smith)

Alshon Jeffrey WR (L-) (lazy)

Trent Richardson RB (m-) (E+) (medical, elite)

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
its like I need to go back in time and steal the Enigma coding machine to figure break down what was just transcribed.

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 10:58 AM
wow, havent heard Mercilus linked to the Steelers...you think he will go to the Steelers at 24 if Hightower is there?

I would be shocked if Mike Tomlin isn't absolutely beside himself with the opportunity to grab him.

another one to watch for...Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd. If he's there, and we don't draft a LB in the 1st

Tomlin loves:

1. Quick twitch
2. Upside
3. Youth
4. "Unpolished"
5. Athleticism

Timmons. Mendenhall. Ziggy. Pouncey. Heyward.

Those are his first rounders. Orakpo was drafted 3 years ago, Timmons 5. Guess how much difference separates them in age? 2.5 months. Only reason I don't have Nick Perry as an absolute guarantee is because he has made it fairly well known that he does NOT want to drop into coverage. He wants to rush the QB. Only reason we pass on a guy like that in the first is because we would go for a guy like Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd.

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
its like I need to go back in time and steal the Enigma coding machine to figure break down what was just transcribed.

*chuckles*

sorry. explanations included

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
man, if the Steelers take an OLB in R1 or 2 people will freak out.

although I got a chubby when viewing this. he would fit the Steeler way of playing ST in year one

DS5coCK-qCg

his nickname "the hammer" is fitting.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I would be shocked if Mike Tomlin isn't absolutely beside himself with the opportunity to grab him.

another one to watch for...Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd. If he's there, and we don't draft a LB in the 1st

Tomlin loves:

1. Quick twitch
2. Upside
3. Youth
4. "Unpolished"
5. Athleticism

Timmons. Mendenhall. Ziggy. Pouncey. Heyward.

Those are his first rounders. Orakpo was drafted 3 years ago, Timmons 5. Guess how much difference separates them in age? 2.5 months. Only reason I don't have Nick Perry as an absolute guarantee is because he has made it fairly well known that he does NOT want to drop into coverage. He wants to rush the QB. Only reason we pass on a guy like that in the first is because we would go for a guy like Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd.

In any REALISTIC way...do you see the following happening:

1. Trading up for Kuechly?
2. Hightower falling to us at 1.24?
3. OL in the 1st & 2nd?
4. OL in the 1st & LB in the 2nd?

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 11:07 AM
man, if the Steelers take an OLB in R1 or 2 people will freak out.

although I got a chubby when viewing this. he would fit the Steeler way of playing ST in year one

DS5coCK-qCg

his nickname "the hammer" is fitting.

yep

I don't know if Ronnell Lewis has the foggiest clue how to play football, but he reminds me of Kendrell Bell. I think Tomlin is drooling at the prospect of teaching this guy how to play football. Same with Mercilus. I honestly wouldn't be shocked in the least if we went Mercilius and Lewis 1st/2nd round.

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
*chuckles*

sorry. explanations included

you listed Kuechly as 34M and Hightower 34B

34 Middle? as in either spot?
34 Buck? that is the SILB spot.

I get the names of the positions mixed up. PSU and the Steelers have goofy names for LB positions. PSU has Sam, Backer, and Fritz.

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
In any REALISTIC way...do you see the following happening:

1. Trading up for Kuechly?
2. Hightower falling to us at 1.24?
3. OL in the 1st & 2nd?
4. OL in the 1st & LB in the 2nd?

1. No - I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on Kuechly, even if he was available at 1.24. Not that we *should*, just that we might.

2. Yes - Hightower's knee and poor change of direction times will likely allow him to be available to us, as will his "34 only" tag, although I could see some teams drafting him to play a role similar to Von Miller or Orakpo from his rookie season

3. Yes - If "our guys" get picked, and OL is available, absolutely

4. Yes - quite easily could see this one, for the same reason as #3

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
you listed Kuechly as 34M and Hightower 34B

34 Middle? as in either spot?
34 Buck? that is the SILB spot.

I get the names of the positions mixed up. PSU and the Steelers have goofy names for LB positions. PSU has Sam, Backer, and Fritz.

34M = mack (Farrior)
34B = buck (Foote)

it gets a little cloudy due to Timmons, but there would be a slight "mixing" of positional responsibilities due to Timmons and Hightower being at opposite sides of the spectrum

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
wouldnt you consider Hightower to be a Mack, not a Buck? I know Timmons was called the Jack sometimes...

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
wouldnt you consider Hightower to be a Mack, not a Buck? I know Timmons was called the Jack sometimes...

Hightower is a buck. Definitely. standard buck = SILB. we had a bit of a "mixing of the roles" when Timmons was in because he was a mack that played the joker role similar to Troy, which is why he sometimes was called a jack

:D

FormulaLT1poweR
04-05-2012, 12:07 PM
English please. :)

I kid, I kid.

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Hightower is a buck. Definitely. standard buck = SILB. we had a bit of a "mixing of the roles" when Timmons was in because he was a mack that played the joker role similar to Troy, which is why he sometimes was called a jack

:D

I would consider Farrior to be a buck and Foote to be a mack.

Jamesness
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone have a stream of the Pirates game?

thegenerel
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Anyone have a stream of the Pirates game?

I tried to get AUDIO and now its subscription only. wtf

FormulaLT1poweR
04-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I tried to get AUDIO and now its subscription only. wtf

I know it doesn't help...but its on channel 659 for DirecTV

kethnaab
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I would consider Farrior to be a buck and Foote to be a mack.

nope. the "playmaker" is the mack. Foote's many things, but a playmaker he isn't.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/colbert-says-sylvester-will-compete-with-foote-for-buck-lb-spot/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/where-will-the-buck-eventually-stop-with-the-steelers-at-linebacker/

Big7Ben86
04-08-2012, 03:03 PM
RAISE IT!

big time of year with the Pens in the playoffs, Pirates not mathematically eliminated from playoffs yet, and Steelers draft approaching

RIP Mike Wallace

kethnaab
04-08-2012, 05:56 PM
RAISE IT!

big time of year with the Pens in the playoffs, Pirates not mathematically eliminated from playoffs yet, and Steelers draft approaching

RIP Mike Wallace

fuggin LOL.....

thegenerel
04-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I also have a feeling we'll sign leonard Pope (bigass TE that's followed Haley around from Arizona to KC)

Mark Kaboly ******** @MarkKaboly_Trib

The Steelers have signed Tight End Leonard Pope

kethnaab
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM

shocking.

Srs Thread
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Pirates not mathematically eliminated from playoffs yet

not gonna lie, i lol'd.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM

shocking.

Are you a wizard?

kethnaab
04-11-2012, 09:20 AM
(date 02-09-2012, 06:55 AM ) I also have a feeling we'll sign leonard Pope (bigass TE that's followed Haley around from Arizona to KC)

damn. called that 2 months ago. time sure flies

Backus21
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Good signing with Pope. It gives us a good and tall second TE opposite of Heath. I like the option of having a 6 ft 8 guy to use as a redzone target for Ben

DIntimidator
04-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Good signing with Pope. It gives us a good and tall second TE opposite of Heath. I like the option of having a 6 ft 8 guy to use as a redzone target for Ben

Now just fix the rest of the line other than Pouncey and maybe the TE's can go out for passes instead of having to stay in and block

thegenerel
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Pope is a slightly better version of Matt Spaeth

Backus21
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Yeah I know, but having a tall redzone threat is always good. Pope can do well in that role. After an offseason full of releases, its good to see someone come in instead of leave

kethnaab
04-11-2012, 10:53 AM

basically.

DIntimidator
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
big time of year with the Pens in the playoffs,

interesting write up about the playoffs here.. and the first round odds..

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
If the 68 total PIMs doled out during their April 1 matchup are any indication, this is going to be one heck of a series.
Philadelphia was a Stanley Cup finalist in 2010, and Pittsburgh won the Cup in 2009, so both clubs know what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs. But you have to give the edge to the Penguins.
Pittsburgh boasts five 20-goal scorers, including a 50-goal scorer in Evgeni Malkin and a 40-goal scorer in James Neal. Plus, the Penguins have been averaging more than four goals per game since Feb. 21, giving them the league's best goal differential in the past 35 games (plus-38).
Expect fireworks in this matchup, but also expect Pittsburgh to still be playing in June

Chance of Pittsburgh Penguins winning series: 71 percent

Prediction: Penguins in six

thegenerel
04-11-2012, 01:09 PM
strange how jross gets banned then DIntimidator shows up...

kethnaab
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
strange how jross gets banned then DIntimidator shows up...

hurm....

hindes204
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Pope was a decent signing, he had potential coming out of college but never really became much. Maybe the change in scenery will up his game.

On another note, Pens up 2-0 in the first, they look good.

Also, I'm heading to the Pitate game on Sunday, should be fun, haven't been to a Pirate game in a few years

thegenerel
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
hey Philadelphia, I got 2 words for ya!

http://static.pplaylist.com/uimg/7/5/k/i15965801473p.jpg

shanedawg
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
pittsburgh brah checkin in.

hindes204
04-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Adam Schefter reporting Wallace will not sign RFA tender anytime soon and will sit out offseason activities.

Jericho signs two year deal

thegenerel
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I read an article a few weeks back where the Steelers run their mock drafts as if they were the only ones selecting (as if they owned every pick) and it helps them assemble their board. Might be interesting if we did something similar for a few rounds then let keth rattle off the final 3-4 rounds ;)

going with that - if the Steelers could pick ANYONE in this draft, who would it be? Luck/RG3/Kalil? is Luck too good to pass up on if given the chance?

DIntimidator
04-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I read an article a few weeks back where the Steelers run their mock drafts as if they were the only ones selecting (as if they owned every pick) and it helps them assemble their board. Might be interesting if we did something similar for a few rounds then let keth rattle off the final 3-4 rounds ;)

going with that - if the Steelers could pick ANYONE in this draft, who would it be? Luck/RG3/Kalil? is Luck too good to pass up on if given the chance?

Fuk Luck, can get quality lineman later on? own every pick? trade back!

thegenerel
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Fuk Luck, can get quality lineman later on? own every pick? trade back!

own every pick: refuse to draft Poe until the 237th overall selection

DIntimidator
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
own every pick: refuse to draft Poe until the 237th overall selection

I don't like Poe, wouldn't even draft him then. Personally, as a huge fan of High-School football, and having lived in Florida most of my life, i'd take Jacory Harris there. I used to go to all of his High School's games when he was there. Big fan, can't believe the guy might go undrafted!

kethnaab
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't like Poe, wouldn't even draft him then. Personally, as a huge fan of High-School football, and having lived in Florida most of my life, i'd take Jacory Harris there. I used to go to all of his High School's games when he was there. Big fan, can't believe the guy might go undrafted!

and then Lamar Miller in the 2nd, and Tommy Streeter in the 3rd, right?

thegenerel
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
the Steelers had their 1st 3 picks in for a visit yesterday, Hightower, Silatolu, and LMJ. Day 3 pick in Fangupo is in today

thegenerel
04-16-2012, 09:07 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers
We will hold a press conference to unveil our throwback jersey commemorating the 80th anniversary of the team for the 2012 season. The press conference and unveiling will be Live on Steelers.com tomorrow at 4:30pm EST.

hindes204
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers
We will hold a press conference to unveil our throwback jersey commemorating the 80th anniversary of the team for the 2012 season. The press conference and unveiling will be Live on Steelers.com tomorrow at 4:30pm EST.

Interesting, I wonder if they'll go with the black and gold stripes from the 30s

Srs Thread
04-16-2012, 12:23 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/d8617059abfadb57eec0ff48072fa638.jpg

remember these? lol

groce.

hindes204
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/d8617059abfadb57eec0ff48072fa638.jpg

remember these? lol

groce.

Yep, that was the design of the original 33 uniform. It changed in 1934 to horizontal stripes with numbers on the front. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

In other news, Batch just signed for another year

GodMadeDirt
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
In on this. I must say this is probably my first visit to this sub-forum. Anyone catch RC on ESPN today? Was painful to watch and i'm a huge RC fan.

thegenerel
04-17-2012, 10:08 AM
In on this. I must say this is probably my first visit to this sub-forum. Anyone catch RC on ESPN today? Was painful to watch and i'm a huge RC fan.

I heard about it

--------------

from Pat Kirwain

just got done watching a terrific LBMychal Kendricks Cal don't worry about his size-He's the next London Fletcher Could see him as a Steeler

I didnt pay him much attention as Ive looked at the true SILB guys only but the Fletcher comparisons are interesting. Man Id love to have the next Fletcher for 15 years

FormulaLT1poweR
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Today on SportsCenter Adam Schefter stated ILB Donta Hightower is the PERFECT fit for the Pittsburgh Steelers at 1.24

Please, oh please let's make this happen.

thegenerel
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I am excite for this new jersey!

MrBigArmss
04-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I am excite for this new jersey!

See attachment.

thegenerel
04-17-2012, 01:55 PM
no way I am clicking that...

thegenerel
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
https://yfrog.com/kevhetjj:iphone

Backus21
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Would love to see Hightower in black and gold. Ive been hearing nothing but good things about him fitting in to our D. I always love Saban coached players on defense.

I saw today that McShay was saying its between him, and if Glenn slips down to us from Georgia then we would consider him. He was saying that Gilbert might be switching to LT now that we are getting back Colon. Im not sure about how true it is but it looks good on paper. Not sure how good Gilbert would be switching positions though.

LT Gilbert
LG Glenn
C Pouncey
RG ??
RT Colon

Either Hightower or Glenn would make me happy with the 24th pick

Edit: ^^ Looks like bumble bees lol. Im cool with them though

hindes204
04-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Interesting, I wonder if they'll go with the black and gold stripes from the 30s

Yep, that was the design of the original 33 uniform. It changed in 1934 to horizontal stripes with numbers on the front. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

In other news, Batch just signed for another year

https://yfrog.com/kevhetjj:iphone

Those are the exact ones I was talking about! Cool.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575473_10150767758659905_146175949904_9301230_1033 354526_n.jpg

MrBigArmss
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I didn't mind the schedule until I realized the first game was in Denver. Why would the NFL set that up after the week long discussion about Ryan Clark during the playoffs? They couldn't set it up in Pittsburgh?

hindes204
04-17-2012, 07:27 PM
That buy week in week 4 makes for a looooong season

FormulaLT1poweR
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
I didn't mind the schedule until I realized the first game was in Denver. Why would the NFL set that up after the week long discussion about Ryan Clark during the playoffs? They couldn't set it up in Pittsburgh?

I'm assuming 2011 standings, etc. You KNEW Manning would open up in Denver on a primetime game. Hopefully James Harrison gets a say in that...

That buy week in week 4 makes for a looooong season

Yea, but the Thursday game, then the Sunday game (10 days between) helps a few weeks later.

MNF then SNF against Baltimore hurts..."short" week to prepare for one of our biggest games?

hindes204
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm assuming 2011 standings, etc. You KNEW Manning would open up in Denver on a primetime game. Hopefully James Harrison gets a say in that...

Yea, but the Thursday game, then the Sunday game (10 days between) helps a few weeks later.

MNF then SNF against Baltimore hurts..."short" week to prepare for one of our biggest games?

At least its a Sunday night game, that is a whole extra half day of "rest".

GodMadeDirt
04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I didn't mind the schedule until I realized the first game was in Denver. Why would the NFL set that up after the week long discussion about Ryan Clark during the playoffs? They couldn't set it up in Pittsburgh?This makes me rage (there were rumors of this). I don't want to go Al Davis but sometimes I think the NFL hates the Steelers.

Also, that throw back uni is crazy ugly

hindes204
04-17-2012, 10:57 PM
I guess I am in the minority, the Steeler board I post on its almost unanimous that everyone hates the throwbacks. I actually like them and what they represent.

kethnaab
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM
just got done watching a terrific LBMychal Kendricks Cal don't worry about his size-He's the next London Fletcher Could see him as a Steeler
I didnt pay him much attention as Ive looked at the true SILB guys only but the Fletcher comparisons are interesting. Man Id love to have the next Fletcher for 15 years

except Kendricks isn't the brightest bulb and can't beat a block to save his life.

so in other words, he and Timmons are 2 peas in a pod. Kendricks has instincts though

why would they do that? This isn't about doing something that might be ok for the Steelers, it's about setting up the Peypey for success

I guess I am in the minority, the Steeler board I post on its almost unanimous that everyone hates the throwbacks. I actually like them and what they represent.

half bumblebee, half prisoner.

kethnaab
04-18-2012, 10:39 PM
ok, so WTF am I missing here?

someone aware me on this whole hockey thing. I used ot watch hockey quite a bit, and it was only about a year ago that teams were allowed to have goaltenders. Has that changed?

Big7Ben86
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM

someone aware me on this whole hockey thing. I used ot watch hockey quite a bit, and it was only about a year ago that teams were allowed to have goaltenders. Has that changed?

There were issues with the pads that Fleury and Bryzgalov were wearing so they havent played all series. Same with the backups. 5 on 5, both empty nets, still unsure why they arent allowed to have a 6th person out there if the goalies arent in the cage.

Anyone know where the steelers strength of schedule compares to the rest of the NFL?

kethnaab
04-18-2012, 11:05 PM
There were issues with the pads that Fleury and Bryzgalov were wearing so they havent played all series. Same with the backups. 5 on 5, both empty nets, still unsure why they arent allowed to have a 6th person out there if the goalies arent in the cage.

oh, that explains it

Anyone know where the steelers strength of schedule compares to the rest of the NFL?

ours is easier, because we don't have to play ourselves

hindes204
04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
10-3...what a ridiculous score. At least they were on the correct end of that ass kicking this time.

Strength of schedule: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule

jross2021
04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
10-3...what a ridiculous score. At least they were on the correct end of that ass kicking this time.

Strength of schedule: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule

First hockey game i've watched since last playoffs, I hate to say i'm the reason they won, but...

hindes204
04-19-2012, 12:27 PM
First hockey game i've watched since last playoffs, I hate to say i'm the reason they won, but...

You better damn well watch the next three then!!

thegenerel
04-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Philly is always terrible with goaltending, the Pens are a mixture of having a hockey equivalent of 3-4 Bryant McFaddens and Fleury playing some of his worst hockey. Although MAF went 45 minutes without giving up a goal, all 3 came on the PP while 2 came on a 5 on 3 PP.

kethnaab
04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
i'm resigning myself to Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams in the 1st. Probably Mike Adams. We desperately need to get the best offensive tackle available.

we are 1 injury away from Jonathan Scott starting for us. That scares me.

jross2021
04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
i'm resigning myself to Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams in the 1st. Probably Mike Adams. We desperately need to get the best offensive tackle available.

Drug test results from the combine show Mike Adams tested positive for maryjane.

As much as I don't think marijuana is a big deal, it just shows his stupidity that he couldn't not smoke for 4 weeks and passed the test. It's common sense you're going to be tested at the combine.

thegenerel
04-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Wexell said he thinks the Steelers took Adams off their board.

also - does Goodell get a small reprieve from your petition since the NFL has asked NFL Network and ESPN to not show the players getting called before the pick is announced?

hindes204
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana, that may turn the Steelers FO off

Big7Ben86
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
RIP Pens season

what do you guys think will happen with wallace? desean jackson situation?

jross2021
04-22-2012, 06:04 PM
RIP Pens season

If he has a bad season, he might sign for less. A good season? He'll want big money and he'll be gone. Just my opinion.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-22-2012, 08:42 PM
RIP Pens season

Honestly, the Pens deserved to lose that series 4-0. Sure they gave us fans a small glimmer of hope, but anyone who thought they'd beat the Flyers 4 straight should be in an asylum. It will be interesting to see how Shero handles this...buzz is already stirring about getting rid of Staal, etc. I think it's very clear we need some more D, and honestly...we need a brawler aka a statement maker. Fleury...FFS please do something in the offseason to stay square and pretend to block a shot?

Wallace...he's going to be a primadonna WR, and try to have the strong hold against the Steelers. Thing is, he's not getting the BIG money this year and if he truly wants to stay he's already making the wrong move by waiting to sign his offer sheet. I don't think he will hold out, or not report, etc...but he's going to try to make the Steelers miserable, and it's probably going to result in his last season in the Burgh. This draft is DEEP for WR, so look for his replacement in Rd 3.

jross2021
04-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Steelers Pre-Draft Press Conference on right now. Started 20 minutes ago..

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelerscom-Live-/9e0939e4-ac2c-49dd-b3f2-ce8b0e7943cd

thegenerel
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
so Wexell must not like Hightower that much, and he raises a legitimate concern. if he and Woodley are playing on the left side of the defense that could be a problem for pass coverage. that is between 525-550 lbs of LBs in coverage and Timmons took a step back last year imo

FormulaLT1poweR
04-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Why, why, why, why, why...would we not give a 6th rounder for Asante Samuel?

I will never understand why the Pittsburgh Steelers will not give up low round picks for Pro-Bowl caliber players. I'm sure it's a "money" issue, but he's willing to restructure, etc...

jross2021
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
so Wexell must not like Hightower that much, and he raises a legitimate concern. if he and Woodley are playing on the left side of the defense that could be a problem for pass coverage. that is between 525-550 lbs of LBs in coverage and Timmons took a step back last year imo

What are your thoughts on Gilmore?

I still want Hightower, damnit!

FormulaLT1poweR
04-25-2012, 05:39 PM

I keep reading mixed results on Gilmore...then again I've read mixed reviews about Hightower.

Ultimately I want Hightower, I think he fits perfectly into our scheme. However, every other player we've made it public (Willis, Revis) we missed out on. At this point I'd take that Amini Silatolu if he's the BPA (Tackle). Then again, we can't argue the fact the Steelers are successful with drafting BPA...so we shall see what's on the board @ 24. As long as we don't go QB, RB, WR, TE I probably won't care...

thegenerel
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Id take Gilmore over Hightower

I keep reading mixed results on Gilmore...then again I've read mixed reviews about Hightower.

Ultimately I want Hightower, I think he fits perfectly into our scheme. However, every other player we've made it public (Willis, Revis) we missed out on. At this point I'd take that Amini Silatolu if he's the BPA (Tackle). Then again, we can't argue the fact the Steelers are successful with drafting BPA...so we shall see what's on the board @ 24. As long as we don't go QB, RB, WR, TE I probably won't care...

funny you mention that b/c when Revis's latest threat to hold out (AGAIN) a Steelers beat guy said that the team never planned to take him. I do think Timmons was their guy from the start though.

thegenerel
04-26-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04/2012-steelers-mock-draft-version-5-0-final-version/

this guy is pretty solid

hindes204
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Poe.....is .......g one........nice

FormulaLT1poweR
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Lots of good players left.

God I want Hightower...

jross2021
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Lots of good players left.

God I want Hightower...

Wish they'd have traded up for Hightower too.

Lovin' DeCastro though.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Wish they'd have traded up for Hightower too.

Lovin' DeCastro though.

Yep. Once I seen Denver trade to NE I knew we passed on Hightower.

I wanted NO part of Reiff (I live in Iowa).

DeCastro slipping was a best case scenario as far as OL goes for us. We gotta protect our best Offensive Player in Ben Roethlisberger.

thegenerel
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Decastro >>>>> Hightower

the Steelers just got Faneca 2.0

Hightower was a possibility but Decastro was a pipe dream and was the best value pick of the draft by far.

hindes204
04-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Decastro falling to 24 was the best possible scenerio...I'm ecstatic with the pick.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
strong lack of kethnaab's elation ITT

jross2021
04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
strong lack of kethnaab's elation ITT

he's still fapping.

jross2021
04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not the best with who fits what defensive scheme, so who should we be looking at tonight?

I know General said Kendricks.. but whoelse?

I really like Pead and heard the Steelers do too, do you guys think he'll make it to the 4th or would he need to be grabbed in the 3rd?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm wondering what we will do in the 2nd.

I read an article saying the Steelers were willing to trade up a bit to snag DeCastro, but it looked like he would fall to 24 (and he did).

Maybe they will trade up in the 2nd, to possibly grab another OL? Osmele, Glenn, Silatu, etc? I would HNNNNNNNG with something like that?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering what we will do in the 2nd.

I read an article saying the Steelers were willing to trade up a bit to snag DeCastro, but it looked like he would fall to 24 (and he did).

Maybe they will trade up in the 2nd, to possibly grab another OL? Osmele, Glenn, Silatu, etc? I would HNNNNNNNG with something like that?

2 guards? Is such thing even possible?

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
DL:
LB: Lavonte David, Nebraska. Kendricks. Bobby Wagner Utah St. Cam Johnson, UVA. Andre Branch, Clemson
DB: Tandy, WVU.

if Pead is around in R3, the Steelers will take him

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/steelers-2012-pre-draft-visits/

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM

I dont see them trading up as there are a ton of good OL left in R2

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 04:07 PM

I dont see them trading up as there are a ton of good OL left in R2

2 Guards?

Osmele and Glenn are G/T. Silatu is really the only "natural" G. Last I checked there is a RG and a LG...so why the hell not. It's not like our OL is loaded by any means.

There's a ton of OL prospects worth looking for, sure would make running AND passing the ball a lot easier. Hell I'd even give up something to Dallas for Mike Jenkins (dreaming of course).

Levonte David is a ball hawking OLB, but he may be undersized? I watch a lot of Husker games, and he's insane out there...but I'm not sure if he could do that at the NFL level.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 04:26 PM
possible Steelers tonight:
RB: Pead - Cincinnati, James - Oregon
OL: Massie - Ole Miss, Silatolu - Midwestern St, Brooks - Miami (OH), Osemele - Iowa St, Schwartz - Cal, Allen - Illinois
DL: Ta'amu - Washington, Thompson - Clemson, Martin - Michigan, Chapman - Alabama
LB: David - Nebraska, Curry - Marshall, Kendricks - Cal, Branch - Clemson
DB: Robinson - Central Florida, Iloka - Boise St, Robinson - Mich St

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 04:28 PM
2 Guards?

Osmele and Glenn are G/T. Silatu is really the only "natural" G. Last I checked there is a RG and a LG...so why the hell not. It's not like our OL is loaded by any means.

There's a ton of OL prospects worth looking for, sure would make running AND passing the ball a lot easier. Hell I'd even give up something to Dallas for Mike Jenkins (dreaming of course).

Levonte David is a ball hawking OLB, but he may be undersized? I watch a lot of Husker games, and he's insane out there...but I'm not sure if he could do that at the NFL level.

I am only saying I wouldnt trade up for an OL as there are several really good prospects and it might be best to sit and have one fall to the Steelers. I really like David, he isnt a typical 34 ILB but the position is changing a lot.

jross2021
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
2 Guards?

I went to school up the street from Kemoeautu's brother, and hung with him a couple times.. I wont feel the same connection if they draft too many guards and drop Chris :(