PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mitch1313
01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
So... been kinda quiet ITT lately...

whats everyone thinking of next weekends game against Denver and our playoff chances?

So far... Mendenhall out for playoffs... torn ACL, I hope Redman holds on to the damn ball, he fumbled twice last weekend, and John Clay will also be running the ball
Ryan Clark ruled out (for denver game) because of sickle cell trait, smart choice by Tomlin, last time he almost died when he played in Denver.
They re-signed DB Anthony Madison

thoughts?

jross2021
01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm not worried about Mendenhall as much as I would have been last year, considerign he hasn't been much of a factor, other than against the Bengals.

I'm upset Pitt didn't get the bye week, because then we wouldn't have to worry about Clark playing in Denver :/.

I'm mostly worried about Ben this week, I have a feeling it will be a really low scoring game, so it'd be nice if Ben played, and played well.

ramsgoldberg61
01-08-2012, 04:03 PM
So many injuries this season :(

nonetheless Steelers are fighting through this playoff game, we're right back in it! :D

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Ike Taylor mightve played the worst game of his life.

jross2021
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM

agreed, really missed Ryan Clark too, especially since his man scored the final TD. Terrible game either way, first time i've seen Pitt lose in the playoffs, and it can be blamed on the D. 300 yards for Tebow? are you ****ing kidding me?

anonymous
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
defensive line was too banged up, zero pressure on tebow all game

trek_6k
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Chances of the Steelers investing in quality offensive and defensive lineman during the offseason?

ramsgoldberg61
01-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Good season Pittsburghbrahs, losing to Denver, we can only hope they get the trophy so it makes a statement about beating us.

On another note, is it possible that Hines will retire? I'm hoping he stays a couple more seasons, thoughts?

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Chances of the Steelers investing in quality offensive and defensive lineman during the offseason?

the DL was fine imo. they stopped the run game for the most part, but Hood/Heyward were not allowed to chase Tebow, they tried to contain/collapse the pocket and not allow him to run around.

they need to take care of the WRs in the offseason.

R1 I'd be happy with OT/OG/NT/ILB/CB/S, best player available. Im unsure what to think of the CBs though, some interesting young prospects (Lewis/Allen/Brown) all showed they can contribute on some level. no one made plays on defense though.

QB/WR/TE/OLB are set.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM

THIS! No idea what he was doing 99% of the time. He was supposedly our "shut down corner". I wonder how much of that weighs in on Ryan Clark being MIA?

agreed, really missed Ryan Clark too, especially since his man scored the final TD. Terrible game either way, first time i've seen Pitt lose in the playoffs, and it can be blamed on the D. 300 yards for Tebow? are you ****ing kidding me?

Reminds me of the postseason loss to Jacksonville Jaguars a few years back.

We played to stop the run, and give up everything else.

ZERO. DL we have addressed w/ Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward. No reason to draft more back-ups IMO, when there are other glaring needs. We have always needed an OL, so with that being said, I don't see us addressing that either. I'd say CB (Please replace Gay), ILB (Farrior's replacement) will probably be addressed, as well as OL with late picks (like usual).

Good season Pittsburghbrahs, losing to Denver, we can only hope they get the trophy so it makes a statement about beating us.

On another note, is it possible that Hines will retire? I'm hoping he stays a couple more seasons, thoughts?

I'm rooting for the Saints.

Hines is due $4M next season, the ONLY way he stays is restructuring.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
the DL was fine imo. they stopped the run game for the most part, but Hood/Heyward were not allowed to chase Tebow, they tried to contain/collapse the pocket and not allow him to run around.

they need to take care of the WRs in the offseason.

R1 I'd be happy with OT/OG/NT/ILB/CB/S, best player available. Im unsure what to think of the CBs though, some interesting young prospects (Lewis/Allen/Brown) all showed they can contribute on some level. no one made plays on defense though.

QB/WR/TE/OLB are set.

Pretty much what I said above.

Do you know what our cap space is looking like next year?

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Pretty much what I said above.

Do you know what our cap space is looking like next year?

rumor was that they will be 15-18M over, but that is for the 2011 cap ceiling. the Steelers are at 129M and the projected cap is 125M

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/steelers-2012-salary-cap-total-players-under-contract/

edit - no clue why that pasted my tweet to a friend and not that link.

lovebbing
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM

lol there was plenty of pressure...

ramsgoldberg61
01-08-2012, 06:41 PM
rumor was that they will be 15-18M over, but that is for the 2011 cap ceiling. the Steelers are at 129M and the projected cap is 125M

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/steelers-2012-salary-cap-total-players-under-contract/

In b4 Steeler Nation chips in $5 a person worldwide to give the Steelers under-the-table cash to by them a couple nice players. woodbnicebutunrealistic.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM

There is a lot of money that could be saved. Tons of "old" guys that could get the boot. Ward, McFadden, Farrior/Foote, etc.

Should be an interesting off-season...to say the least. I COULD see us freeing up a lot of money. Maybe enough for Asante Samuel? LOL, I know wishful thinking...too big of a pricetag, etc.

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
In b4 Steeler Nation chips in $5 a person worldwide to give the Steelers under-the-table cash to by them a couple nice players. woodbnicebutunrealistic.jpg

well we all know that Yinzer Nation will verbally slay Ryan Clark for not playing, maybe we can harvest his organs and sell them to pay Carl Nicks, Brent Grimes, or Finnegan under the table.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
well we all know that Yinzer Nation will verbally slay Ryan Clark for not playing, maybe we can harvest his organs and sell them to pay Carl Nicks, Brent Grimes, or Finnegan under the table.

ZOMG what I would do to have Carl Nicks & Courtland Finnegan.

And I respect Coach Tomlin and Ryan Clark for the decision. No GAME is worth the man's life...

ramsgoldberg61
01-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Knowing Yinzers we'd crawl out from under our 'still mills' to start riot over Ryan Clark, and save up our Ahrn City Beer cans to raise up for some players lolz.

CockeyJamel
01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
that was a terrible game by Ike.

feelsmeh.jpg

Johnny Rotten
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh well, it really sucks to lose but I am still kinda happy for Tebow. He's a good guy and a good player and I'll be rooting for the Broncos to go all of the way.

Looking forward to the draft. I'd like to see a DT and a SS/Nickel type guy early on.

bucks2145
01-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Just saw a clip on the news that Ike is punching holes in the walls in the locker room and trashing it up because he's pissed at himself...

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I wonder what the Steelers think of Janoris Jenkins and Mark Barron.

Barron is HUGE but Im not sure if he is athletic enough.

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
in more positive news, I just saw on twitter that people are ripping Andrew McCutchen's girlfriend to shreds via twitter bc she said something positive about Tebow.

sp33dk1lls
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I wonder what the Steelers think of Janoris Jenkins
I don't see the Steelers taking him due to all of his off the field issues. He does have plenty of talent though.

CockeyJamel
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
in more positive news, I just saw on twitter that people are ripping Andrew McCutchen's girlfriend to shreds via twitter bc she said something positive about Tebow.

lulz.jpg

thegenerel
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
lulz.jpg

Yinzers gonna Yinz. Im sure the Yinzers cannot get over the fact that Cutch is dating a white girl.

is it possible that the Pirates had the most positive season of all Pittsburgh sports teams? Steelers were up and down, largely underachieving, the Pens...well we all know why, PSU again, obvious reasons, and Pitt football was a joke, Pitt bball has struggled this year and another disappointing Tournament finish.

yet the Pirates gave us something we had not experienced in 2 decades, the joy of winning baseball. McKenry's HR mightve been my favorite moment from 2011.

Big7Ben86
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
dont think this team was healthy enough to make a deep playoff run anyways, but sucks for the season to end in round 1.

if the broncos dont make it to the superbowl, im rooting for aaron rodgers.

Mitch1313
01-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Cannot believe this bull****... to much injuries, bad reffing. No helmet to helmet on Wallace, no PI in first quarter. that Mike Wallace catch was a catch...
isthisreallife.jpg...

Atleast the Steelers didnt lose to anyone bad this year like the Ravens...
Rooting for Saints now, next week the Pats will steam roll the Broncos again...

ramsgoldberg61
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
For those of you Miscers from Pittsburgh, what part(s) you from/grew up in???

hindes204
01-09-2012, 06:46 AM

Sheraden. On the west side of Pgh next to McKees Rocks.

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 07:06 AM
didnt we have the same conversation a few pages back?

jayt8
01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
im from latrobe

about 45 minutes southeast

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 07:23 AM
im from latrobe

about 45 minutes southeast

do you go to training camp and determine which UDFA should be given 20 carries a game?

brb black and gold camo pants and jersey
brb terrible towel
brb sitting on a hill
brb heat stroke due to wearing camo pants in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity

DoubtErased
01-09-2012, 07:40 AM

Cannot believe this bull****... to much injuries, bad reffing. No helmet to helmet on Wallace, no PI in first quarter. that Mike Wallace catch was a catch...
isthisreallife.jpg...

Rooting for Saints now, next week the Pats will steam roll the Broncos again....

Game was horribly officiated on both sides. But can't use that as an excuse to why we lost, we had a chance to win it and because Pouncey was out we had to rely on Legursky who ****ed up the snap

But damn if I was James Harrison I would be pissed, the guy was held so much during the game and couldnt get a call to save his life

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Game was horribly officiated on both sides. But can't use that as an excuse to why we lost, we had a chance to win it and because Pouncey was out we had to rely on Legursky who ****ed up the snap

But damn if I was James Harrison I would be pissed, the guy was held so much during the game and couldnt get a call to save his life

Steelers convert one of the early FGs into 6 pts, or Ike breaks up one pass and there would not have been an OT.

we can nitpick all day but it would do not good. Im most pissed about that holding call when Tebow scrambled past Ike while he was clearly being held.

kethnaab
01-09-2012, 07:46 AM
ZOMG what I would do to have Carl Nicks & Courtland Finnegan.

I might be tempted to kiss a fat chick if it meant Carl Nicks would be on the Steelers.

although that might not be necessary if the Steelers play their cards right.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/757/339/aminis_display_image.jpg

Just saw a clip on the news that Ike is punching holes in the walls in the locker room and trashing it up because he's pissed at himself...

he should be punching holes in his own fukcing house purchased with the $9 million/season we gave him

I wonder what the Steelers think of Janoris Jenkins and Mark Barron.

Barron is HUGE but Im not sure if he is athletic enough.

Jenkins = Cinci Bengal. He averages 2 arrests per season. He's also a munchkin.

Barron will go too early. I like Markelle Martin in the 2nd/3rd or George Iloka/Harrison Smith in the 3rd

I like Trenton Richardson too, but really torn on where he'll go. He's a bit shorter (only 5'10) but great ball skills and he's a solid brick wall.

isthisreallife.jpg...

Rooting for Saints now, next week the Pats will steam roll the Broncos again...

we need to acknowledge 3 things.

1. Dick LeBeau went full retard. The gameplan and more importantly, his absolute sheer arrogance and inability to adapt caused this loss.
2. Ike Taylor screwed the pooch and got taken to the woodshed. DeThomas and Jesus Tebow made him into a bitch
3. BEN ROETHLISBERGER, not Bruce Arians, is the one that throws incompletions and interceptions 30 yards downfield when there are receivers and RBs WIDE-FUKING-OPEN 8-15 yards downfield. I'm done blaming Arians. Ben can audible. Ben can hit the underneath guy. Ben chooses not to.

North Hills. graduated from Shaler High School about 20 years ago

Sheraden. On the west side of Pgh next to McKees Rocks.

had an aunt (great aunt?) that lived over there.

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Ive only seen him play a little at FSU but I wonder if Nigel Bradham could fill in for Farrior with some grooming. Sly isnt a fit at that spot, I see him more suited where Timmons plays.

kethnaab
01-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Ive only seen him play a little at FSU but I wonder if Nigel Bradham could fill in for Farrior with some grooming. Sly isnt a fit at that spot, I see him more suited where Timmons plays.

Nigel Bradham is a Lawrence Timmons clone.

So, no. Unfortunately.

James Michael Johnson might be able to do it, and I'd love it if Dont'a Hightower fell to us because he could do it and more. I see him as a Levon Kirkland kinda guy.

ramsgoldberg61
01-09-2012, 08:42 AM
North Hills. graduated from Shaler High School about 20 years ago

had an aunt (great aunt?) that lived over there.

Haha nice, I started in Shaler, then went to North Allegheny til 9th grade, then graduated from Pine-Richland.

Strong rivalry between North Al and North Hills

ramsgoldberg61
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
didnt we have the same conversation a few pages back?

We did, but this time I asked the whole thread lol sorry general I do remember.

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 08:45 AM
We did, but this time I asked the whole thread lol sorry general I do remember.

I think half the thread took up the that ban bet, so a few guys might be gone.

MYSTERY SOLVED. someone re-inflate that bitch!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DE0NP0ISHaM/TwsTDqCdLWI/AAAAAAAB1xg/G5fKxV7BRGM/s640/photo.jpg

EngRWW33
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM

1. Dick LeBeau went full retard. The gameplan and more importantly, his absolute sheer arrogance and inability to adapt caused this loss.
2. Ike Taylor screwed the pooch and got taken to the woodshed. DeThomas and Jesus Tebow made him into a bitch
3. BEN ROETHLISBERGER, not Bruce Arians, is the one that throws incompletions and interceptions 30 yards downfield when there are receivers and RBs WIDE-FUKING-OPEN 8-15 yards downfield. I'm done blaming Arians. Ben can audible. Ben can hit the underneath guy. Ben chooses not to.

1. Agree 100%
2. Ike Taylor has played well all year. Last night he was terrible!
3. True, however BA is the one calling a fukin bubble screen on 3rd and 7 when Heath Miller is on fire down field. STILL RAGING!

BTW, moved to Pittsburgh about 10 years ago (Robinson township). Was born and raised a Pittsburgh fan!

jayt8
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
do you go to training camp and determine which UDFA should be given 20 carries a game?

brb black and gold camo pants and jersey
brb terrible towel
brb sitting on a hill
brb heat stroke due to wearing camo pants in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity

nope. dont go to training camp.

i like clay though. if he could lose like 30 lbs in the offseason, he could be a beast ::dreaming::

himynameisjohn
01-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Most overrated QB ever with two back to back chokes

hopefully they dump this guy and find a REAL qb

thegenerel
01-09-2012, 09:04 AM
so Starks and Hampton tore their ACLs, Keisel was hurt...

this team would not have been going far.

Mitch1313
01-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Barron will go too early. I like Markelle Martin in the 2nd/3rd or George Iloka/Harrison Smith in the 3rd

I like Trenton Richardson too, but really torn on where he'll go. He's a bit shorter (only 5'10) but great ball skills and he's a solid brick wall.

Well I just woke up.... long night for me :( this was just a bad dream right?

I like Iloka, from Boise(obviously you know this) but thats my favorite college team. inb4hate
He had a good season and career there, he had over pretty much 60+ tackles each season, 48 in 09'... 231 total tackles (167 solo). 7 INT, and a few FFs. He's a smart player, I think he'd fit in well. Also funny as hell, got him added on Facebook lol, I think he just got his NFL combine invite just this past week if I recall along with Kellen Moore and a few more Boise players. (irrelevant sorry)

Markelle Martin, I didnt see much of him this year, never really watched OKIE State games besides the Stanford game, how did he do this year? and his career?

As for Ben last night, not good, not good, shouldn't have thrown that interception, and I think most of the incomplete passes were the WR's fault, half of them easy passes were dropped and should have been caught.

Also isnt this Dick LeBeau's last year? I thought he signed just a 1 year contract last year?

kethnaab
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
3. True, however BA is the one calling a fukin bubble screen on 3rd and 7 when Heath Miller is on fire down field. STILL RAGING!

well yeah, but Ben can audible out of it, and he doesn't

so Starks and Hampton tore their ACLs, Keisel was hurt...

this team would not have been going far.

yeah, Keisel tore his groin.

So Starks, Hampton, and Mendenhall tore their ACLs, Keisel and Ziggy had groin injuries, Legursky kept jacking up his shoulder, and both Ben and Pouncey had high ankle sprains.

wow.

Markelle Martin, I didnt see much of him this year, never really watched OKIE State games besides the Stanford game, how did he do this year? and his career?

As for Ben last night, not good, not good, shouldn't have thrown that interception, and I think most of the incomplete passes were the WR's fault, half of them easy passes were dropped and should have been caught.

Also isnt this Dick LeBeau's last year? I thought he signed just a 1 year contract last year?

Martin is a good ballplayer. He'd look good in black and gold.

I hope it's LeBeau's last season. Stale, predictable defense is stale and predictable

Mitch1313
01-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Martin is a good ballplayer. He'd look good in black and gold.

I hope it's LeBeau's last season. Stale, predictable defense is stale and predictable

What do you think of Iloka also?

I hope so too, he had a good run as the DC, time for some change for the whole team... rebuilding

kethnaab
01-09-2012, 10:03 AM
oh, i'm a definite Iloka fan. That's why I mentioned him. I've done about 30 or 40 mocks for the Steelers, and if he falls in the 4th, and possibly even the 3rd, I can see us grabbing him

thegenerel
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
my boy Donta Hightower was a beast last night.

kethnaab
01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
my boy Donta Hightower was a beast last night.

he's been my 1st rounder in every Steelers mock I've done for about the last 3-4 weeks. His size and strength allows him TRUE versatility to play ILB or OLB, unlike our 1st round $50 million bonus bitch Timmons, and since Hightower can stop the run, Timmons can drop down 10 or so pounds and get his quickness back so that he can actually do what we paid him too much money to do, especially since he couldn't do it (cover TEs)

thegenerel
01-10-2012, 09:05 AM
in all fairness, if one guy got the short end of the stick with these injuries, it was Timmons, he got moved around and had his responsibilities changed. its apparent that he is not a 3-4 OLB as can get swallowed up by big tackles.

kethnaab
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
in all fairness, if one guy got the short end of the stick with these injuries, it was Timmons, he got moved around and had his responsibilities changed. its apparent that he is not a 3-4 OLB as can get swallowed up by big tackles.

and it was apparent before that, which is why we moved him to ILB instead of OLB because he was horrible @ OLB when we first got him.

The issue is that we paid him $50 million and we still need to get an ILB because Timmons is too f'ing stupid to run the defense, so he can't replace Farrior.

Mitch1313
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Yawn... that game was boring last night, barely even watched it, watched something about Marine snipers instead.
Should not have been those 2 teams playing again...

ramsgoldberg61
01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
It finally hit me that we lost against the Broncos :(

My grieving process:

Tebow throws 80 yard bomb, turn off tv and go to bed

http://i56.tinypic.com/dbqng6.jpg

Next Day

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wq2woTlnLYg/Tc2Xgtn1lpI/AAAAAAAAAGo/FkGQNOVxIzg/s1600/Okay.jpg

And Later

http://ocobiega.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Poker_FaceCzyste.png

Today

http://www.wordans.us/wordansfiles/images/2011/12/18/113184/113184_340.jpg?1324240984

I'm really bummed now :(

thegenerel
01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
he's been my 1st rounder in every Steelers mock I've done for about the last 3-4 weeks. His size and strength allows him TRUE versatility to play ILB or OLB, unlike our 1st round $50 million bonus bitch Timmons, and since Hightower can stop the run, Timmons can drop down 10 or so pounds and get his quickness back so that he can actually do what we paid him too much money to do, especially since he couldn't do it (cover TEs)

post some of your mocks.

also, what would you ideally like them to address with each pick? R1-3 Id like to see OL, DB, LB (not necessarily in that order)

LarryAmerica
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Anyone hear the chit Maurkice Pouncey was saying on twitter? What a class act

kethnaab
01-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Anyone hear the chit Maurkice Pouncey was saying on twitter? What a class act

yes, it was very disappointing.

Yawn... that game was boring last night, barely even watched it, watched something about Marine snipers instead.
Should not have been those 2 teams playing again...

disagree entirely. The championship should be between the 2 best teams in the NCAA. It was.

Besides, every game Alabama and LSU plays is a scouting trip for me. :D

post some of your mocks.

also, what would you ideally like them to address with each pick? R1-3 Id like to see OL, DB, LB (not necessarily in that order)

Disagree with concept. You don't draft positions, you draft players. Draft BPA at a position of relative need. We have needs all over the place.

We are going to be about 20-30 million over the cap, and we have quite a bit of fat to cut out. Unless we have a ton of vets who take "hometown discounts", and rather substantial ones, we have a ton of work to do.

Our roster moves going forward that we have to plan for:

1. Kemoeatu will be cut. He is simply way too expensive. We will free up something like $3.5 million in cap space by cutting him with almost 0 dead money. The OG talent pool this year is ridiculous. Kemoeatu's day 1 replacement will come in 2012. If it doesn't, Colbert needs to join Arians and LeBeau in retirement.

2. Max Starks and Casey Hampton will NOT be ready for the 2012 season, nor will Rashard Mendenhall. Mendy is young and annihilated his ACL. Starks and Hampton are both fat, lazy slobs who tore their ACLs while being a decade(ish) older than Mendy. Both of their careers are probably over, to be quite honest. There is a massive shortage of TRUE top end NT talent this year. Don't let slobs like Poe, Ta'amu, Chapman, or Thompson fool you. They are 4-3 NTs, not 3-4 NTs.

3. Farrior or Foote will be gone. Too much $$$. If we hadn't wasted a draft pick on Timmons and drafted a defensive leader like David Harris, and then FURTHER wasted another $50 million on Timmons, we could easily replace Farrior/Foote with a guy like Nigel Bradham (Timmons Jr.) or James Michael Johnson. As it is, we have to look at Dont'a Hightower in the 1st and possibly will have to move up to get him. Hopefully he doesn't smoke the combine. Unfortunately, Tomlin is very intrigued by "run and hit" guys, and I fear he'd pass on a guy like Hightower for a $hit bag like Burfict.

4. McFadden and Gay will be gone. Again, they will cost too much $$$. If Allen and Brown can get (and stay) healthy then no worries. I think that perhaps Gay will stay on a hometown discount. If he betrays this team and takes the money and runs, then he's a jackass. He wouldn't be in the NFL at all if we hadn't sucked it up and kept him on this team, so it's time to repay that loyalty. Ideally, Allen takes the edge and Brown takes the role of slot and/or FS. However, Will Allen and Arnaz Battle are nothing but special teamers, and they are EXPENSIVE special teamers. We can't risk losing our starters at CB in Lewis, Brown, and Allen by playing them as the primary gunners in special teams. We saw what happened with that this season. Brown and Allen led us in special teams tackles, and by the playoffs, they were on IR. Lewis is an edge guy who can play against big, fast, physical WRs, but against slick guys with short area quickness, he'll get annihilated. I'd trust Lewis more vs. Calvin Johnson than Wes Welker. We will draft probably 2 CB/FS/SS hybrids because we have potential needs at all 3 positions. I have a few guys picked out for that.

5. With Starks gone, I have a sick feeling that the coaching staff will decide that "Colon at RT and Gilbert at LT will be good enough". Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. The problem is that the OT pool this season early is VERY shallow, and we might end up having to reach for guys like Mike Adams or Zebrie Sanders in the 1st, since we adamantly refuse to trade back at all.

6. Antonio Brown will not be our return guy next season, and Sanders simply isn't good at it. We need to draft a little bolt of lightning later in the draft. I have a few guys in mind for this.

7. Cotchery probably will not be kept, because Ward will not be leaving. HOPEFULLY he'll go quietly into the night and take a massive discount to retire as a player-coach for the Steelers, a la Bus. It seems he is acknowledging his role as 4th WR. I hope that is the case. Regardless, we won't keep both, and we still need a tall athletic WR with soft hands. Basically, we need to replace what Limas Sweed never provided us with. That will go a long way toward alleviating our red zone issues since Heath Miller has aged faster than Hines Ward. I do like Wesleye Saunders though. His potential is about 3x what Miller's is.

8. We will resign 2 of our backup QBs. We might just draft another one to develop, which is odd because the Steelers have never, in their history, developed a QB. They either sucked, or they started right out the gates. Not sure if we'll sign a FA QB vet, because we are strapped for $$$.

9. Sepulveda is gone which is no big deal, giving up 2 draft picks and moving up in the 4th to draft him was one of the all-time biggest idiotic moves the Steelers have made. I have a feeling we might get stuck with Suishie, especially since we grossly overpaid for him. We may end up drafting a PK or PN though.

10. Hokie is gone, Hampton will be gone, I PRAY TO GOD we don't waste an early pick on any of the impending NT busts in this year's draft. I have 2 smaller-school guys in mind that I like who will be available late. Ideally, Dick LeBeau will retire, Aaron Smith will retire, and John Mitchell will take his outdated 2-gap system into retirement as well. Then we get a Phillips system disciple who can actually use our 1st round DEs for what they're worth, rather than wasting them by neutering their explosiveness in a passive patty-cake system.

thegenerel
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
i wont quote all that but im a BPA guy, im just saying what 3 positions id like to see them fill. I think the Steelers got burned when they filled a WR need with Troy Edwards.

kethnaab
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
i wont quote all that but im a BPA guy, im just saying what 3 positions id like to see them fill. I think the Steelers got burned when they filled a WR need with Troy Edwards.

right.

working on the names.

positions of need:

Primary first round targets based on probable BPA:
Starting LG (immediate)
Starting LT (within 2 seasons)
Starting ILB (within 2 seasons)

AFter that, we need a starting RG although Foster can hold us over for awhile.
If we don't change defensive schemes, we need a starting NT immediately. I'd prefer we change defensive schemes along the DL, but that probably won't happen unless Tomlin has the balls to convince LeBeau and Mitchell to retire.
Starting CB (within 2 seasons) \
Starting SS (within 2 seasons) >-- we may actually have each of these on the roster, if one of a few CB prospects fall to us, based on Lewis, Allen, and Brown being healthy
Starting FS (within 2 seasons) /
Backup OLB (Worilds is NOT Deebo's replacement)
Kick returner (Antonio Brown will not be returning punts and kicks next season very often as he is our best WR)

Mitch1313
01-10-2012, 02:35 PM
disagree entirely. The championship should be between the 2 best teams in the NCAA. It was.

No... the championship was between the 2 best teams the COMPUTER decided to choose.
that game had the lowest rating of a BCS game ever. Was boring, nothing exciting what so ever... should have been other teams, Boise/Okie State would have done better.
This was a good game....
sMkqOgJ3Gv0

But also, would love to see a few of your legit recent mocks.

kethnaab
01-10-2012, 03:49 PM
No... the championship was between the 2 best teams the COMPUTER decided to choose.

Alabama and LSU would've curb stomped Oklahoma State, and god forbid Boise State be there

that game had the lowest rating of a BCS game ever. Was boring, nothing exciting what so ever...

Goodwell would be proud. I absolutely LOVED the Alabama game, but I like defense. I also loved scouting my favorite Steelers' 1st round targets. :D

But also, would love to see a few of your legit recent mocks.

will post in a week or so, after a few more college kids start declaring and we get some more firmness on what we will do in the offseason. There's a few primary issues that are giving me massive headaches right now about what the Steelers will PROBABLY do, vs. what we SHOULD do

Short version of what I would LIKE us to do:

1. Abandon the 1-gap DL system. It doesn't suit our personnel anymore and we're wasting a pair of 1st round draft picks
2. Get an OC who will force Ben to stop being a complete idiot. I suppose it's being too hopeful to pray that he's able to reverse the damage Arians' idiocy has done, but I'll be happy if he can simply halt it
3. Convince Mike Tomlin there is more to life than "run and hit". Instincts and smarts matter.

Short version of what I think we WILL do:

1. Nothing.

Mitch1313
01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Idk why anyone thinks Boise couldnt hang with them, I think they'd do fine, but probably just cause I'm a Boise fan... everyone thinks if its not LSU or Alabama it'll be a blowout -.- it really wont lol.

But looking forward to the mocks.

I am pretty sure Lebeau only had a one year contract I looked it up, I wonder if they are going to work out another deal or he will be leaving, heard something that he may go to Arizona if the Steelers dont work out again.
Ben also needs to get rid of the ball faster, hes like the most or 2nd most sacked QB in the league...

thegenerel
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
James C Wexell @jimwexell 3h

SteelCityInsider Pick 24 Wish List: 1. DeCastro OG, 2. Upshaw OLB, 3. Kuechly ILB, 4. Hightower ILB, 5. Konz C/G.

Upshaw would be sick, but he seems like such a luxury at this point.

kethnaab
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
James C Wexell @jimwexell 3h

SteelCityInsider Pick 24 Wish List: 1. DeCastro OG, 2. Upshaw OLB, 3. Kuechly ILB, 4. Hightower ILB, 5. Konz C/G.

Upshaw would be sick, but he seems like such a luxury at this point.

yup, agreed with that wish list exactly, although I'd take Reiff if he was available (about zero chance)

Upshaw isn't a luxury. Worilds isn't the answer nor is he anything resembling a replacement for Harrison as a starter. Worilds is a guy who will be a backup unless something substantial changes

thegenerel
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
yup, agreed with that wish list exactly, although I'd take Reiff if he was available (about zero chance)

Upshaw isn't a luxury. Worilds isn't the answer nor is he anything resembling a replacement for Harrison as a starter. Worilds is a guy who will be a backup unless something substantial changes

harsh! Worilds certainly made some strides from the midpoint on this year, hopefully he keeps at it. oddly, he seemed more comfortable from the LOLB spot but he seemingly isnt big enough to handle that position. if anything, there is no such thing as having too many pass rushers. the Giants make it work with JPP, Tuck, and Osi.

what do you think of Kuechly? Im afraid he would get eaten alive in a 3-4 SILB spot.

mjf10
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
either Hightower or Burfict from Arizona State would be nice, hopefully a future replacement for Farrior

FormulaLT1poweR
01-11-2012, 02:53 PM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette confirms that Dick LeBeau will return as Steelers defensive coordinator in 2012.
LeBeau turned 74 in September, but his defenses are still going strong. LeBeau's 2011 unit ranked first in the NFL against the pass and first in total defense, both in terms of yardage and points allowed. He hasn't overseen a defense that has finished outside the top-five in the league rankings since 2006.

---

Free agent CB William Gay could be brought back to Pittsburgh as a safety in 2012.
Taking over Bryant McFadden's starting job, Gay had a nice bounce-back season before allowing a 30-yard TD to Eddie Royal in the playoff loss. The Steelers are impressed with nickel corner Keenan Lewis, though, and may look to expand his role with Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen entering in sub-packages. McFadden is not expected back.

---

Hines Ward is willing to accept a pay cut to stay with the Steelers in 2012.
"I recognize that," said Ward of the restructuring. "I'm telling you I want to be here, I'm telling you I'm willing to do that. ... I want to try to win another Super Bowl. I want to do it for this organization." Although Ward needs minor ankle surgery to remove bone spurs, he intends to play in 2012 even if the Steelers don't want him back. Beat writer Ed Bouchette opined Tuesday that ownership would have to step in for Ward to return to the Steelers.

kethnaab
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
harsh! Worilds certainly made some strides from the midpoint on this year, hopefully he keeps at it. oddly, he seemed more comfortable from the LOLB spot but he seemingly isnt big enough to handle that position. if anything, there is no such thing as having too many pass rushers. the Giants make it work with JPP, Tuck, and Osi.

no arguments, except that LeBeau doesn't believe in substitutes. He'll run players into the ground. It's why Harrison, Smith, Troy, and Keisel are always broken by hte end of the season. They don't leave the damn field.

what do you think of Kuechly? Im afraid he would get eaten alive in a 3-4 SILB spot.

nah, he'll be fine. Kid's 21, 6'3 with a decent frame. He's already 240. He could add 5 lbs of muscle easily. PURE instincts and smarts. I'm torn between him and Hightower at SILB for us. Kuechly's instincts are elite.

either Hightower or Burfict from Arizona State would be nice, hopefully a future replacement for Farrior

I'd punch a baby if we drafted that sack of $hit Burfict

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette confirms that Dick LeBeau will return as Steelers defensive coordinator in 2012.

GODDAMMIT!! RETIRE YOU OLD FUKCING FART....RETIRE ALREADY, FOR CHRISSAKES!

I now fully understand how Ted Thompson felt each season with Brett Favre.

Free agent CB William Gay could be brought back to Pittsburgh as a safety in 2012.
Taking over Bryant McFadden's starting job, Gay had a nice bounce-back season before allowing a 30-yard TD to Eddie Royal in the playoff loss. The Steelers are impressed with nickel corner Keenan Lewis, though, and may look to expand his role with Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen entering in sub-packages. McFadden is not expected back.

WTF????? Ok, someone is absolutely drunk

1. Gay is WAY too damn small to be a safety
2. Lewis is absolutely NOT a nickel CB

Mitch1313
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
LeBeau turned 74 in September, but his defenses are still going strong. LeBeau's 2011 unit ranked first in the NFL against the pass and first in total defense, both in terms of yardage and points allowed. He hasn't overseen a defense that has finished outside the top-five in the league rankings since 2006.

Came in to post this....
Beat me to it... just got the update on my phone.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUU is all I have to say.
I hope he makes some changes....... (lol good joke right)

Never been thrilled whatsoever with William Gay...
He posted some crap on twitter the other day about the refs and the game.
should be no excuses.

mjf10
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Kuechly will not be around at 24 thats for sure, i would love to see us go for CB help in the first 2 rounds, none of our late round corners from the past couple years have shown anything special... if Dennard from Nebraska is around at 24 he's gotta be the pick

kethnaab
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
MOTHERFUKCKERING CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!

I CANNOT FUKING BELIVE IT

both lebeau and that assmunch moronic dickbrain arians are going to be back

CHRIST.

i'm fuking sick to my stomach. it doesn't matter WHO the hell we draft, it'll be more of the same

more of the same assinine bubble screens that everybody on the goddamned planet figured out by week 2
more of the same, tired, pitiful zone blitzes that haven't fooled anybody in years
more of the same 2-gap pattycake BS that renders our 1st round defensive linemen as wasted

disgusting. absolutely disgusting.

thegenerel
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM
really, I might be fine with rolling Ike, Lewis, Brown, and Allen as the 4 CBs next year. it might be ugly but they need to figure out which ones can play.

I think Id rather go S before CB in the draft, no young safeties on this club. even look into a tweener type in the 2-4 rds. I dont know entirely how well Delmas is doing with the Lions but I really liked him coming out.

thegenerel
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
man, I swore Kuechly was 6'1" and 230, if he is 6'3" and 240 he can certainly add some mass, he looks quite lean right now.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Kuechly will not be around at 24 thats for sure, i would love to see us go for CB help in the first 2 rounds, none of our late round corners from the past couple years have shown anything special... if Dennard from Nebraska is around at 24 he's gotta be the pick

Nebraska fan here...I'd love it if Dennard was there at 24. However, just like trying to get Revis, Ras-I Dowling, Mike Pouncey, etc...teams KNOW what we want, and NONE are willing to move with us, and do their most to ensure we don't get who we WANT.

Dennard looked like poop against the South Carolina WR (Ashlon Jeffery)...hopefully he doesn't get abused by bigger guys like him.

I see lots of people "projecting" Burfict to go to us at 24.

kethnaab
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
really, I might be fine with rolling Ike, Lewis, Brown, and Allen as the 4 CBs next year. it might be ugly but they need to figure out which ones can play.

I think Id rather go S before CB in the draft, no young safeties on this club. even look into a tweener type in the 2-4 rds. I dont know entirely how well Delmas is doing with the Lions but I really liked him coming out.

disagree. I'd rather grab a zone CB and either convert him or Cortez Allen to FS. I only like a few safeties, most of them are SS. I would love to snatch up Mark Barron but I don't know if I can take another season of dead Ben.

Nebraska fan here...I'd love it if Dennard was there at 24. However, just like trying to get Revis, Ras-I Dowling, Mike Pouncey, etc...teams KNOW what we want, and NONE are willing to move with us, and do their most to ensure we don't get who we WANT.

Dennard looked like poop against the South Carolina WR (Ashlon Jeffery)...hopefully he doesn't get abused by bigger guys like him.

I see lots of people "projecting" Burfict to go to us at 24.

I'll fly to Pittsburgh and stomp a motherufukcing hole in Deuce's head if he allows Colbert and Tomlin to f'up that badly.

I'm so goddamned livid right now I can't even think straight.

ramsgoldberg61
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM

---

---

Hines Ward is willing to accept a pay cut to stay with the Steelers in 2012.
"I recognize that," said Ward of the restructuring. "I'm telling you I want to be here, I'm telling you I'm willing to do that. ... I want to try to win another Super Bowl. I want to do it for this organization." Although Ward needs minor ankle surgery to remove bone spurs, he intends to play in 2012 even if the Steelers don't want him back. Beat writer Ed Bouchette opined Tuesday that ownership would have to step in for Ward to return to the Steelers.

I'm glad Lebeau is coming back

mjf10
01-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Do you guys agree it would be a good idea to pick up a RB in the mid-late rounds this draft? I know we have Red, Clay, Dwyer, Batch and Mendy (who will probably be on PUP to start year) I can't see everyone of those guys coming back... I think we should draft a change of pace back late and draft some guys to block for him earlier in the draft.

thegenerel
01-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Do you guys agree it would be a good idea to pick up a RB in the mid-late rounds this draft? I know we have Red, Clay, Dwyer, Batch and Mendy (who will probably be on PUP to start year) I can't see everyone of those guys coming back... I think we should draft a change of pace back late and draft some guys to block for him earlier in the draft.

I dont see why they should add another guy in that tier unless they really like him. Batch wouldve made the team this year if it werent for his ACL. Redman is a lock, Clay really hasnt done much, Dwyer shows flashes when he isnt fat and/or injured, Mendenhall is still unknown. me could be ready in 9 months time.

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm glad Lebeau is coming back

I'm not. It's time for LeBeau to play golf in September on Sundays. He's been great but his time has passed, and it has been obvious since the playoffs in 2008.

if the value falls to us, then sure, why not. However, we have shown with Willie Parker and Isaac Redman, and houston has shown with Arian Foster, that a top notch "pedigree" RB isn't necessary. A guy with vision, balance, and heart will do fantastic behind a good blocking scheme.

So as angry as I am with Tomlin for being a kunt and not having the balls to coax LeBeau into retirement and FORCE Arians' dumb ass into retirement, I will try to pretend like they aren't jackasses and/or archaic relics.

With that in mind, my primary targets for round 1.

so draft choices, by round, based on BPA and who I think will be available

Round 1
Pipe dreams -
Courtney Upshaw, Riley Reiff, David DeCastro. These guys will go far before us, but if they fell to us, I'd pounce. I wouldn't give up too much to get DeCastro, but I'd DEFINITELY give up a good bit to get Upshaw or Reiff. I know people will say "Upshaw is a luxury", except that he isn't. NOBODY drafted on defense will start for 1 or 2 years as long as LeBeau is in charge, barring injuries, and really, it doesn't matter what we do or don't do on offense, Arians will **** it up anyway, so you ALWAYS go BPA.

Optimistic - I think these guys might fall to us, and I'd be perfectly happy if we grabbed them. These are my top 3 "reasonable" picks:
Dont'a Hightower, ILB/OLB, Alabama - he improves 3 positions at once. His own (SILB), Timmons (WILB), and backup OLB, because he'll be the 3rd best OLB on the team as soon as he steps foot in Latrobe. I'll explain later

Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - yes, everybody thinks he will go top 10, except his combine is going to suck. He doesn't have "shutdown" man coverage skills and he will probably run a 4.55 or so. I'm hoping he drops, because he is an absolute beast against the run and has great zone instincts. He'd be an ideal edge corner opposite Ike, and it allows Lewis to be a backup and also allows us to transition Cortez Allen to FS or possibly SS, where he would be an absolute terror. As much as I'd love Hightower, I really wonder if Kirkpatrick wouldn't be ideal for the Steelers. Ike Taylor with ball skills and better coverage ability. Bigger too, 6'3.

Peter Konz, OC/OG, Wisconsin - Pouncey is made of glass. We drafted a Dermontti Dawson talent with Bryant McFadden durability. Unfortunately, I think Konz might also be developing a bit of an injury issue. Bottom line - I'm not confident Pouncey will ever fulfill his potential due to injury. He's young. He's in good shape. He's a worker. Hopefully I'm wrong. Regardless, Konz is the 2nd best OG in this class and is probably a better C than Pouncey, unless Pouncey gets his head out of his ass and plays like he's capable instead of playing like a bitch.

Potential Fears - I will hop a flight to the states and punch Deuce and Colbert in the teeth if any of the following happen:
Luke Kuechly is probably the best ILB in this draft, but he won't fall to us. If he does, it'll be due to a poor combine, which will cause Tomlin to pass over him because he's "plain as a bowl of grits". Nevermind that he has 10x the football instincts in his left testicle than Lawrence Timmons has in his entire body, we'll pass on him like we passed on Sean Lee, and I will be forced to beat Mike Tomlin into a bowl of grits.

Vontaze Burfict is a garbage football player and a garbage person who makes Lawrence Timmons look like Jack Lambert, instincts-wise. However, he's far bigger, far more explosive, and far more powerful than Timmons. He's basically Timmons on steroids with an extra 2" of height, 15lbs of muscle, and 45 yards per game in penalty minutes. He'll look great at the combine. He'll drill well, Tomlin will fall in love, and then our ILB we be dumb and dumber, and we'll need to pay Larry Foote starter money for the next 5 years because neither Timmons nor Burfict could run a defense to save either of their lives.

Kelechi Osemele and Cordy Glenn are a pair of OGs playing out of position at OT. They are fat, slow, sloppy, and lazy. But they're talented. They're 22-year old Chris Kemoeatus. Tons of potential. Of course, we didn't need to waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on Kemoeatu. I pray to God they interview poorly and have a bad combine.

Fat, overrated NT of choice - Dontari Poe, Josh Chapman, Brandon Thompson, Alameda Ta'amu. I don't think we'll go there, because our team, at the very least, knows how to evaluate large bodies on the defensive side of the ball. Putting them into their proper roles is another thing entirely, but I digress. Poe, Thompson, and Ta'amu all "anchored" defenses that were porous against the run. Chapman "anchored" the most ridiculously talented defnse in the NCAA and looked good becaues of the players around him. I wouldn't touch any of these guys before the middle of the 3rd, at earliest. Thankfully, several other teams are looking for interior DT/NT talent, and with Casey Hampton going down, they will trade up in the draft to jump us and snatch them up before us, much as what happened in 2009 at center (Mack, Wood). I have several later-round guys and possibly UDFAs who will be just as good.

Cautiously Optimistic - guys that might fall to us whose talent REALLY appeals to me, but they are either boom/bust or not positions of need
Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers - already a better NFL receiver than Wallace. Kenny Britt without the headcase issues.
Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina - abused 1st round CBs both last season and this season. 6'4, 225 with the squishiest hands you ever saw. Hoping his draft stock will fall due to lack of top end speed and what hopefully will be a poor combine. If he falls to us in the 1st (doubtful), it'd be almost impossible to turn down unless Hightower is there.
Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - Alshon Jeffrey with more athleticism and personal problems, without quite as good a set of hands
Nick Perry, OLB, USC - Would be the Steelers 3rd best pass rushing OLB the moment he steps on the practice field, and would spend a year learning under Deebo until his next injury or suspension. I'd rather wait and grab a guy like Bruce Irvin or Vinny Curry in the 3rd if they were to drop, however.
Fletcher Cox, DE, Mississippi State - would LOVE to pair him opposite Cam Heyward, with Ziggy at NT in a Philips 1-gap system. I should probably file this under "pipe dream", right next to "LeBeau finally retiring"
Devon Still, DE, PSU - see Fletcher Cox. Really no idea where he'll end up. Potential top 10 pick, could fall based on lack of consistency and how he interviews at the combine
Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - I don't think he offers THAT much more than some other guys that should be available in the mid-2nd, but due to a woefully pitiful safety class, he might go early. I like the player, but don't want him this early, and would prefer his teammate or Markelle Martin in the 2nd, or even George Iloka in the 3rd. EDIT - you know, I am getting more and more in tune to this guy. He has "big nickel" ideal build and ability. Fearless, brutal hitter with really good ball skills. More I look back, read, and watch, more I am getting in tune with him in the 1st. EDIT2 - ok, moved him up to the "cautiously optimistic" category.

Meh - I think these guys will fall to us, we might draft them I'd be somewhat happy if we grabbed them because they're talented at positions of need, but with some trepidation as I think they're mid/late 2nd rounders, rather than 1st round talent
Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State - tall and long armed like Max, but far, far more athletic, and nowhere near as fat. Highest LT ceiling in this draft. Unfortunately, he shares one other thing in common with Max. He's lazy and inconsistent. We already have a lazy inconsistent OT in Marcus Gilbert. Not sure I can tolerate another one with no work ethic who takes his physical ability for granted.
Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU - Played RT at FSU but has LT abilities. I've seen him mocked anywhere from mid-1st to mid-3rd. Lower ceiling, higher floor than Adams.
Jerel Worthy - we already spent a 1st rounder on his twin, Ziggy Hood, and we still haven't used HIM properly, so I have no confidence we'd use Jerel Worthy properly

All-star games, combine, etc. will have a great deal of bearing on who falls where, as does who declares for the draft. HOPEFULLY, a lot of juniors declare. Unfortunately, several top guys who I hoped would declare (Barret Jones, DJ Fluker, Matt Barkley, Sam Montgomery) apparently will return next season.

So quick recap:

"biggest" positions of IMMEDIATE need:
1. LT - Max Starks career is over, Gilbert sucks at LT, and Colon can't be counted on at RT. We don't have the $$$ to go with one of the several solid LTs in free agency.
2. LG - Kemoeatu sucks and with his retarded cap cost next season will but cut. Legursky is ideally a backup who should remain a backup. Thi sis not going to be a problem nor a 1st round priority because, quite simply, there is a ton of top-notch talent that will be available throughout the 2nd and 3rd, and possibly the 4th.
3. ILB - "immediate" is relative, as long as LeBeau is around. Ideally, we'll snatch up Larry Grant, draft Dont'a Hightower/Luke Kuechly, and send Timmons and his retarded salary packing, but that $50 million salary is as much an ass-backwards way of Tomlin justifying what was a wasted draft pick that is now costing us top-notch ILB money for mediocre ILB play. No ILB will get on the field until his 3rd season, even if Larry Foote and James Farrior stay on the field with walkers and canes
4. NT/DE - only because we won't move to a 1-gap system which is FAR better suited to our talent. Ziggy is an IDEAL 1-gap NT. Ideal. Think Jay Ratliff, but way more talented, explosive, and athletic. I would truly love to punch John Mitchell, Dick LeBeau, and Mike Tomlin square in the nose for wasting a 1st round draft pick and a great talent in Ziggy and forcing him to play fukcing pattycake all the time. We could EASILY have fulfilled our Aaron Smith pattycake requirement with a 6th rounder from last season and a 5th rounder from this season (who i'll get into eventually here)

how we'll draft - like we always do. BPA at a position of relative need, with 'relative' meaning "within the next 2-3 years". The BEST thing to happen is that we are WAAAAAAY over the cap, by about $20+ million. That will force us to cut expensive veterans and dead weight. Otherwise, the inertia would weigh us down even further

thegenerel
01-12-2012, 09:04 AM
a few months ago keth had Timmons on his 25 and under team, now he hates him.

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
a few months ago keth had Timmons on his 25 and under team, now he hates him.

disgusted with him now. He got his $50 million, now he doesn't care. Also didn't realize at that time that he would NOT be getting the dot, and that we still needed to find someone to run the defense.

very disappointed.

Hoping it's just that he gained too much weight and that destroyed his explosiveness. Hoping that he was overwhelmed from being forced to play OLB for a few games (where he was useless)

It's just tough thinking that he was drafted on the same day, 4 picks after Patrick Willis and a full round before guys like David Harris or Paul Posluszny.

If he returns to first-half 2010 performance, then all is forgiven.

Mitch1313
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Just got a new update on my phone...

Mike Wallace could be leaving this off season.

EDIT: 11 steelers will be un-restricted free agents this offseason and 7 others if they dont sign before march.

Un-restricted free agents are: Charlie Batch, Jerricho Cotchery, Dennis Dixon, Trai Essex, William Gay, Chris Hoke, Byron Leftwich, Anthony Madison, Mewlede Moore, Daniel Sepulveda and Max Starks

Restricted Free agents: Ramon Foster, David Johnson, Doug Legersky, Keenan Lewis, Jamon Meredith, Ryan Mundy, and Mike Wallace

Johnny Rotten
01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I doubt Wallace will be gone. I don't think many teams are willing to give up a first round pick for a WR ,but then again who knows? Maybe the Eagles are looking to make more horrible decisions this offseason than they did last. :cool:

jayt8
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
wallace? really?

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Just got a new update on my phone...

Mike Wallace could be leaving this off season.

EDIT: 11 steelers will be un-restricted free agents this offseason and 7 others if they dont sign before march.

Un-restricted free agents are: Charlie Batch, Jerricho Cotchery, Dennis Dixon, Trai Essex, William Gay, Chris Hoke, Byron Leftwich, Anthony Madison, Mewlede Moore, Daniel Sepulveda and Max Starks

Restricted Free agents: Ramon Foster, David Johnson, Doug Legersky, Keenan Lewis, Jamon Meredith, Ryan Mundy, and Mike Wallace

UFAs who will be gone/let go:
Dixon, Madison, Sepulveda, Starks, Cotchery

UFAs who will probably resign:
Leftwich, Gay, Moore

UFAs who will wait by the phone:
Essex, Hoke (health), Batch

RFAs that will get a "full" contract:
Legursky, Lewis, Mundy

RFAs that will get a "short" contract:
DJ, Foster, Meredith

Interestd to see what we do with Wallace.

wallace? really?

Yep. He's a diva. He showed his true colors when he stopped getting the ball as often due to his constant drops, and especially his tantrum after Lardarius Webb said that Antonio Brown is better.

He is.

I'd take a 1st for Wallace if it was top 15-20ish

Mitch1313
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Who is our back up punter? Sepulveda will be gone? most retarded question ever. lol

I also dont see why we need, Batch, Dixon, AND Leftwich. Batch is the only decent one out of the 3.

I see no problem with Wallace, hes still in his first years, he will grow up and learn eventually...
You cant expect everyone to catch every ball 100% of the time either, but easy passes should always be caught.
But of course Antonio Brown is better lol

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
can't talk about the draft without talking about the cap.

This is from the pit.scout.com's message board. Ian Whetstone is the capologist there. I disagree, sometimes vehemently with him on a variety of matters, but when it comes to the cap, the dude's sharp as glass.

Here's our cap figures this coming season according to him (which I have faith are about 95-99% accurate and are DEFINITELY more accurate than you'll get from any non-official source out there):

From http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1893&t=8553156

Cap Number POS Last Name, First Name (Cap Savings w/Conventional Release)
$16,920,000 QB Roethlisberger, Ben ($4,040,000)
$11,500,000 LB Woodley, LaMarr (-$400,000)
$9,125,000 LB Timmons, Lawrence ($1,125,000)
$9,030,000 LB Harrison, James ($635,000)
$8,887,500 S Polamalu, Troy ($975,000)
$8,056,668 DT Hampton, Casey ($5,890,000)
$7,562,500 CB Taylor, Ike ($2,125,000)
$7,070,500 TE Miller, Heath (-$469,000)
$5,700,000 OL Colon, Willie ($900,000)
$5,261,666 OL Kemoeatu, Chris ($2,392,332)
$4,610,000 WR Ward, Hines ($3,390,000)
$4,500,000 DE Keisel, Brett ($1,150,000)
$4,250,000 S Clark, Ryan ($1,750,000)
$3,825,000 LB Farrior, James ($2,825,000)
$3,600,000 LB Foote, Larry ($3,000,000)
$3,427,500 RB Mendenhall, Rashard ($2,325,000)
$2,984,191 DE Smith, Aaron ($2,109,191)
$2,700,000 OL Scott, Jonathan ($2,200,000)
$2,666,668 CB McFadden, Bryant ($2,500,000)
$2,166,750 OL Pouncey, Maurkice (-$2,035,125)
$1,728,535 DT Hood, Ziggy (-$268,535)
$1,687,500 K Suisham, Shaun ($675,000)
$1,605,000 S Allen, Will ($1,280,000)
$1,523,870 DE Heyward, Cameron (-$2,672,740)
$1,362,500 WR Battle, Arnaz ($1,037,500)
$925,000 LS Warren, Greg ($825,000)
$895,000 LB Worilds, Jason (-$170,000)
$735,357 WR Sanders, Emmanuel ($540,000)
$733,503 OL Gilbert, Marcus ($98,097)
$595,300 CB Brown, Curtis ($204,400)
$578,854 LB Sylvester, Stevenson ($540,000)
$565,948 RB Dwyer, Jonathan ($540,000)
$564,359 WR Brown, Antonio ($540,000)
$562,875 CB Allen, Cortez ($269,250)
$540,000 DT Woods, Al ($540,000)
$505,700 LB Carter, Chris ($383,600)
$476,628 RB Batch, Baron ($441,744)
$466,333 TE Saunders, Weslye ($463,666)
$465,000 LB Ivy, Mortty ($465,000)
$465,000 S Cromartie-Smith, Da'Mon ($465,000)
$396,667 RB Clay, John ($390,000)
$391,333 DE Chavis, Miguel ($388,666)
$390,666 LB Clanton, Erik ($389,332)
$390,000 RB Spann, Chad ($390,000)
$142,394,871 Total Contractual Commitment

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
$700,000 P Kapinos, Jeremy (I think)
$540,000 DT McLendon, Steve
$540,000 RB Redman, Isaac
$1,780,000 Total

Dead Money
$2,000,000 OL Starks, Max
$300,000 WR Randle El, Antwaan
$68,250 OL Williams, Keith
$46,686 OL Scott, Chris
$39,724 CB Butler, Crezdon
$6,667 LB Harvey, Mario
$5,334 DT Gray, Anthony
$4,000 OL Turner, Trevis
$4,000 WR McCrae, Terrence
$3,334 CB Brinkley, Niles
$2,000 TE Charlton, Vaughn
$2,000 S Greenwood, Brett
$1,334 WR Mims, Adam
$1,334 WR Greenwood, Eric
$1,334 OL Miller, Colin
$1,334 WR Robinson, Armand
$667 P Bates, Aaron
$667 DE Boyle, Ty
$667 LS Chard, Derek
$667 QB Dieker, Chris
$667 OL Harrison, Josh
$2,490,666 Total Dead Money

$146,665,537 Total Cap Commitment (towards 47 players)
-$125,000,000 Projected 2012 Salary Cap (est.)
-$1,500,000 allowance borrowed from future years

$20.2 MILLION PROJECTED OVER CAP

Restricted Free Agent Tenders (estimates)
$1,260,000 Original Round
$1,927,000 Second Round
$2,742,000 First Round

Restricted Free Agents
OL Foster, Ramon
TE Johnson, David
OL Legursky, Doug
CB Lewis, Keenan
OL Meredith, Jamon (I think)
S Mundy, Ryan
WR Wallace, Mike

Unrestricted Free Agents
QB Batch, Charlie
WR Cotchery, Jerricho
QB Dixon, Dennis
OL Essex, Trai
CB Gay, William
DT Hoke, Chris
QB Leftwich, Byron
RB Moore, Mewelde
OL Starks, Max
P Sepulveda, Daniel

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
the important thing to take note of is the number on the far right in parenthesis, "cap savings w/conventional release"

$8,056,668 DT Hampton, Casey ($5,890,000)
$5,261,666 OL Kemoeatu, Chris ($2,392,332)
$4,610,000 WR Ward, Hines ($3,390,000)
$3,825,000 LB Farrior, James ($2,825,000)
$3,600,000 LB Foote, Larry ($3,000,000)
$3,427,500 RB Mendenhall, Rashard ($2,325,000)
$2,984,191 DE Smith, Aaron ($2,109,191)
$2,700,000 OL Scott, Jonathan ($2,200,000)
$2,666,668 CB McFadden, Bryant ($2,500,000)
$1,362,500 WR Battle, Arnaz ($1,037,500)

~$27.5 million shaved from the cap.

There are a few important pieces above that bear mentioning

1. Casey Hampton is done. I love Snack, but I think his football career is over.
2. Aaron Smith and James Farrior will, like Snack, probably retire.
3. Hines Ward will come back for a Bus-like "$800k-$1m" or so
4. Mendenhall isn't a good fit for our offense. Of course, no skilled RB is a good fit for an Arians offense.
5. Jonathan Scott will be released and resigned for near vet-minimum
6. Arnaz Battle and Bryant McFadden cost nearly $4 million and are nowhere near as good as Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown as gunners.

the big one here is Larry Foote. Cutting BOTH Foote and Farrior really won't happen, unless we sign a free agent for a reasonable price. David Hawthorne and Larry Grant would be my targets. Of course (and I know I'm dreaming), I would gladly sacrifice both Foote and Farrior's salaries combined for Stephen Tulloch, and then perhaps a bit less for Curtis Lofton, but we know that's not going to be happening. So I'll aim realistically for David Hawthorne and Larry Grant.

If we don't get a veteran, then we almost have to force the issue in the first round of the draft with Dont'a Hightower. His size, strength, instincts, leadership, and ability to eat blockers just makes too much sense.

That will leave us somewhere ~$20 million to sign Mike Wallace (if we don't get an acceptable offer), and extend/sign cheap guys like Foster, Legursky, Keenan Lewis, probably William Gay (unless he thinks he is actually good). Leftwich will also be resigned.

DoubtErased
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I love Luke Kuechly I am a big ACC fan and watching him play was amazing I said he was the Tim Duncan of tackling just pure fundamentals

FormulaLT1poweR
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
1. Casey Hampton is done. I love Snack, but I think his football career is over.

4. Mendenhall isn't a good fit for our offense. Of course, no skilled RB is a good fit for an Arians offense.

1. "Steelers NT Casey Hampton is not scheduled to undergo surgery for the ACL injury suffered in last week's game.
Hampton's ACL must not be fully torn. He's going to try to repair the injury through rest and rehab, though surgery may become an option down the line. It's a key factor in Hampton's chances of returning to the Steelers at $4.89 million in his age-35 season."

- I don't see us "cutting" him. His chances of retiring are probably slim to none, unless he simply can't recover?

4. No way in hell we are cutting Mendenhall. No idea what gives you any indication on that...but simply because he tore his ACL, you think we are cutting a first-round pick in Mendy? You are already complaining about "wasting" a 1st rounder on Timmons, so cutting Mendenhall doesn't make any more sense than paying Timmons $50M.

- Just my .02

2, 3, 5, 6 are all real possibilities, and like always hopefully our front office continues the trend to get rid of players at the right time. Aside from Rod Woodson, I can't think of one person who left, who actually did well...

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
ok, so Snack might come back then, but he won't be useful. He's an enormous cap hit. He'll get resigned to a MUCH lower contract if he doesn't retire. I honestly don't see how he'll recover in time. He's not that much younger than me, and he's never been in very good shape.

Mendy won't get cut, obviously, but he is still a waste of a pick. Not because of him, but because of Arians. Besides, next season is his last on contract, and if he even considers looking for large $$$, he's gone.

Timmons wouldn't be a waste of a 1st rounder if he could return to 2010 form. He was extremely plain in 2011, and was nowhere near valued at 1.15 or $50 million. We overdrafted and overpaid if that's all we'll get.

here's to hoping he'll get his sch9iznit back together

Mitch1313
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Just found out some good news for Polamalu

http://wap.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825f12ef/steelers-polamalu-wins-appeal-of-10k-fine-for-using-cell-phone/

Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu won his appeal of a $10,000 fine for using his cell phone on the sideline during a game, according to a league source.
Polamalu was notified of the verdict on Thursday.

He was fined for using his phone during a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Oct. 16. Polamalu, who has a history of concussions, had a brief phone conversation with his wife near the Steelers' bench area after exiting the game with concussion-like symptoms.

Possession of cell phones, PDAs or other electronic equipment in the bench area during a game is strictly prohibited by NFL policy beginning 90 minutes before kickoff through the end of the game.

Glad Gooddell and the NFL didnt go full retard and actually be phaggots and fine him.

brb cant call my wife to tell her I'm ok from possibly getting concussed during football game.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
ok, so Snack might come back then, but he won't be useful. He's an enormous cap hit. He'll get resigned to a MUCH lower contract if he doesn't retire. I honestly don't see how he'll recover in time. He's not that much younger than me, and he's never been in very good shape.

Mendy won't get cut, obviously, but he is still a waste of a pick. Not because of him, but because of Arians. Besides, next season is his last on contract, and if he even considers looking for large $$$, he's gone.

Timmons wouldn't be a waste of a 1st rounder if he could return to 2010 form. He was extremely plain in 2011, and was nowhere near valued at 1.15 or $50 million. We overdrafted and overpaid if that's all we'll get.

here's to hoping he'll get his sch9iznit back together

Okay, I can agree with everything here.

Snack SHOULD retire, but that's easy for us to say. We are not the one's playing for millions of dollars, etc. I still think he's a good run stopping 3-4 NT, but teams are going away from running the ball. He's no longer worth the money, IMO and hopefully he restructures his enormously back loaded contract.

I remember when Mendy was projected to go to Denver at 1.12 (Clady instead)...and I could not believe we got him at 1.23. Needless to say Felix was 1.22 (talk about a glass body), and CJ2K was 1.24. Where we got him, at what we needed seemed to fit the bill, however RB's are short lived in the NFL. He was never "great", and you've got to wonder what an ACL injury is going to do to him. This upcoming year being a contract year, and him being hurt could play to our advantage of getting him cheap(er), than if he were healthy. I see him getting 1 more contract with us, as long as he recovers.

You've got to remember, with Timmons...we REALLY wanted Patrick Willis and/or Darrelle Revis...and we both know how that turned out. Hindsight is 20/20 as far as Posluzny (I wanted him badly), and David Harris...but it obviously going to be easier to play Monday Morning QB after the fact. I think the injuries, and him having to move completely messed him up. Woodley being gone, Harrison being suspended, etc hurt him the worst on our defense IMO. I'm not ready to call him a "bust", but I'm not ready to say we didn't overpay... :p

No hate at all keth, us Stiller fans (for the most part) know our shiz...fun (and frustrating) to be able to talk about our teams.

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Okay, I can agree with everything here.

Snack SHOULD retire, but that's easy for us to say. We are not the one's playing for millions of dollars, etc. I still think he's a good run stopping 3-4 NT, but teams are going away from running the ball. He's no longer worth the money, IMO and hopefully he restructures his enormously back loaded contract.

I remember when Mendy was projected to go to Denver at 1.12 (Clady instead)...and I could not believe we got him at 1.23. Needless to say Felix was 1.22 (talk about a glass body), and CJ2K was 1.24. Where we got him, at what we needed seemed to fit the bill, however RB's are short lived in the NFL. He was never "great", and you've got to wonder what an ACL injury is going to do to him. This upcoming year being a contract year, and him being hurt could play to our advantage of getting him cheap(er), than if he were healthy. I see him getting 1 more contract with us, as long as he recovers.

You've got to remember, with Timmons...we REALLY wanted Patrick Willis and/or Darrelle Revis...and we both know how that turned out. Hindsight is 20/20 as far as Posluzny (I wanted him badly), and David Harris...but it obviously going to be easier to play Monday Morning QB after the fact. I think the injuries, and him having to move completely messed him up. Woodley being gone, Harrison being suspended, etc hurt him the worst on our defense IMO. I'm not ready to call him a "bust", but I'm not ready to say we didn't overpay... :p

No hate at all keth, us Stiller fans (for the most part) know our shiz...fun (and frustrating) to be able to talk about our teams.

yeah man, I hear ya. I think the 2 primary issues I have with Timmons (Apart from the 1.15, which I DIDN'T like) and the ridiculous $50 million are:

1. He played EXTREMELY well last season, but was hot garbage this season. What "set him apart" last year was his explsoiveness and his ability to cover RBs and TEs out of the backfield. We got SMOKED by TEs and RBs this season, just pounded, and there was Timmons, trailing several steps behind, or on the ground having missed yet another tackle.

2. I am sick that we paid him $50 million, but we still have to spend a premium pick or go to FA so that we can get someone to run the defense. He can't run it. Coach already said that. So WTF did we pay him so much for??? You don't pay that kinda coin to someone at ILB unless they are running $hit. It drives me nuts! You can get athleticism anywhere in the draft. Heck, we can get his FSU twin, Nigel Bradham, in the 4th or 5th round for crying out loud, and that $50 million could be better spent.

Bottom line, we're paying the guy $50 million, and he's had 1 worthwhile season after we spent a 1st rounder on him FIVE YEARS AGO. He was picked 4 spots after Patrick Willis in the same season. Look at their careers paths and the difference between them as players and what they've done.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Look at their careers paths and the difference between them as players and what they've done.

Let's look at the 5 year difference...

Patrick Willis = 1 Playoff Appearance, 0 Playoff Wins (as of now), 0 Super Bowl Appearance, 0 Super Bowl Wins
692 Tackles, 17 Sacks, 5 INT, 40 Pass Deflections, 12 Forced Fumbles, 4 Fumble Recovery, 76 Games Played

Lawrence Timmons = 4 Playoff Appearances, 5 Playoff Wins, 2 Super Bowl Appearances, 1 Super Bowl Win
384 Tackles, 17 Sacks, 4 INT, 21 Pass Deflections, 9 Forced Fumbles, 5 Fumble Recovery, 78 Games Played

So in reality, Willis has a considerable edge in tackles, but he doesn't have Polamalu and other studs flying to the ball...

Sure the $50M hurts, but he/we have had some success for those type of #'s over 5 years.

kethnaab
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
yeah, I know. I'm just bitchin...we haven't gotten our money's worth. And remove those "playoff appearances/wins/SB" stuff, because we darn sure wouldn't have "suffered" if Willis had fallen to us :P

anyway...

2012 Senior Bowl dudes I am watching CLOSELY (* denotes "hopeful value pick")

WR:
fast guys: Joe Adams, Arkansas // Ty Hilton, FIU // Marquis Maze, Bama
big guys: Marvin McNutt, Iowa* // Brian Quick, App State // Nick Toon, Wisc

LT:
Mike Adams, OSU // Matt McCants, Bama-Birm* //James Brown, Troy// Brandon Mosely, Auburn

OG/C:
Senio Kelemete, UW* // Kevin Zeitler, Wisc // William Vlachos, Bama* // Ben Jones, Georgia

DE:
Jake Bequette, Arkansas* // Vinnie Curry, Marshall

LB:
James Michael Johnson, Nevada* // Keenaan Robinson, Texas*

DB:
George Iloka, Boise*

This is why the 2nd-3rd-4th rounds are going to be SO darn painful. I see Kelemete, both LBs and Iloka as potential late 3rd rounders.

Ugh.

kethnaab
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
so, my first Steelers mock (the following is not fully evaluated intelligence. Do not disseminate without originator control):
* - underclassman
Includes an additional 7th round pick (Matt Spaeth + Nick Eason - Jericho Cotchery should = a 7th rounder)

Round 1 - *Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama, 6-4, 260
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/495257/34hxabm.jpg
He eats blockers. He is strong as hell. He can play ILB and be a nightmarish thumper and blitzer, or he can move outside if/when Woodley and Harrison get injured/suspended. He is the ideal ILB to pair with Timmons because he complements all of Timmons' weaknesses and allows Timmons to drop back down to about 230-235 and regain his speed (and hopefully his coverage and blitzing ability)

Round 2 - *Bobby Massie, LT, Ole' Miss, 6-6, 325
http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=D0&Date=20120107&Category=SPORTS030103&ArtNo=201070341&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Rebels-OT-Massie-opts-NFL-draft
Way too athletic. I'll be amazed if he doesn't jump up the draft charts, but he just declared. He played RT but definitely can move and be our franchise LT.

Round 3 - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State, 6-3, 324
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/757/339/aminis_display_image.jpg?1325692205
Our small-school Carl Nicks. He steps in at LG immediately and provides us with the strength to deal with Ngata and the quickness and coordination to pull and trap.

Round 4 - George Iloka, FS, Boise State, 6-3, 213
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/494794/ilokapick_medium.jpg
He'll probably jump up the draft board too, unfortunately, but he is enormous, hits like a brick wall, and played a good bit of CB. He has ball skills and coverage skills. Not an ideal "slot CB", but he is an ideal foil to bigger guys like Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.

Round 5 - Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas, 6-5, 271
http://assets.inarkansas.com/20022/jake-bequette-south-carolina.jpg
He reminds me so much of Aaron Smith, it's ridiculous. Long-armed, explosive, and solid. He'll obviously be a developmental project as he'll need to add a good 15-20 lbs, but he's young and is a notorious hard worker with a high motor.

Round 6 - Gerell Robinson, WR, Arizona State, 6-3, 222
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/246/778/107240886_crop_650x440.jpg?1307825970
Our big-bodied, athletic red zone threat.

Round 7a - Cordarro Law, OLB, Southern Mississippi, 6-2, 261
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-12/66980377.jpg
He's not a Vernon Gholston hardbody, but he has the most ridiculous hands. Very difficult to block. Won't blow up the combine, thankfully. Only chance of him falling this far to us.

Round 7b - Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6-1, 330
http://byucougars.com/files/photos/fangupo_2462.jpg
Stocky fireplug up the middle. Has the explosiveness to play outside and the anchor to play inside. Played both in BYU's 3-4. A bit older (24 or 25), but that's ok, that gives him some "man-strength" which will help him anchor.

Priority UDFAs:

Miles Burris, ILB/OLB, SDSU, 6-3, 237
Chigbo Anunoby, NT, Morehouse, 6-4, 324
Jarvis Canty, OT/OG, Morehouse, 6-5, 340
Charles Deas, NT, Shaw, 6-3, 316
Devon Wylie, WR/KR, Fresno State, 5-10, 185 (~4.30ish)

thegenerel
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
lemme add a few more Priority UDFAs
Janoris Jenkins
Justin Blackmon
Matt Kalil
Courtney Upshaw
David DeCastro

seriously though, I'd be a fan of that draft. Ive seen Arkansas played on several occasions and Bequette stood out.

also, why is there a pic of Notre Dame?

batman15
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
About Jake....having seen him EVERY DAY at his position for the past 2+ years....he's a beast. So strong. So quick. So explosive. He's been a good friend since I first got here, private school connection, and he's a good person.

I LOATHE the steelers, and he'd be more like the purdue kid with the Redskins than JJ Watt, but he'll be a good pickup for y'all. Instant depth and instant pass rusher.

kethnaab
01-13-2012, 02:38 PM
lemme add a few more Priority UDFAs
Janoris Jenkins
Justin Blackmon
Matt Kalil
Courtney Upshaw
David DeCastro

seriously though, I'd be a fan of that draft. Ive seen Arkansas played on several occasions and Bequette stood out.

also, why is there a pic of Notre Dame?

oh sumbeech....grabbed the wrong damn picture

About Jake....having seen him EVERY DAY at his position for the past 2+ years....he's a beast. So strong. So quick. So explosive. He's been a good friend since I first got here, private school connection, and he's a good person.

I LOATHE the steelers, and he'd be more like the purdue kid with the Redskins than JJ Watt, but he'll be a good pickup for y'all. Instant depth and instant pass rusher.

yes, Kerrigan. He's a hard worker too, I'm told. I think he could put on some weight, he has a fairly lean frame, he's kinda long and lanky. Identical to Aaron Smith when he came out.

kethnaab
01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
gaddayam this is a big boy...

http://byufootball.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/hebronfangupo5_30200a.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I would literally give my right testicle for that draft...seriously.

kethnaab
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
and, just for funsies, the "trade Wallace for a 1st and 3rd" draft: ;)

lots of discussion all over the place on this, so I figured I'd put into motion what could possibly happen if we were to go with this. My "personal requirement" would be a 1st and 3rd, top 15, so we'll roll with our same #.24 draft choices, but with an additional 1.15 and 3.79

Round 1.15 - *David DeCastro, LG, Stanford, 6-5, 316
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/08/11/sp-stanford12_PH_0503931339.jpg
Starts at LG from day 1. Alan Faneca Jr. Someone with the brains to pick up a stunt or a blitz, which has PLAGUED us for years. Just looking at that picture gives me happy shivers.

Round 1.24 - *Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama, 6-4, 260
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/495257/34hxabm.jpg
He eats blockers. He is strong as hell. He can play ILB and be a nightmarish thumper and blitzer, or he can move outside if/when Woodley and Harrison get injured/suspended. He is the ideal ILB to pair with Timmons because he complements all of Timmons' weaknesses and allows Timmons to drop back down to about 230-235 and regain his speed (and hopefully his coverage and blitzing ability)

Round 2 - *Bobby Massie, LT, Ole' Miss, 6-6, 325
http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/secure/users/1840250/assets/JP3O_Bobby_Massie.jpg
Way too athletic. I'll be amazed if he doesn't jump up the draft charts, but he just declared. He played RT but definitely can move and be our franchise LT.

Round 3.79 - Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina, 6-4, 225
http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2011/10/01/23/26/WDC7g.Em.156.JPG
Big body, great hands, produced all season long (85/1196/12) and produced well against quality CB play (5/85/1 vs. Virginia and Chase Minnifeld, 6/105/0 vs. VTech and Jayron Hosely).

Round 3.88 - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State, 6-3, 324
Our small-school Carl Nicks. He steps in at RG immediately and provides us with the strength to deal with Ngata and the quickness and coordination to pull and trap. We will have what could be THE BEST interior offensive line in the NFL, with Pouncey and DeCastro, and they'd all be about 21-23 years old, long enough to outlast Ben as WELL as help keep him around longer.

He'll probably jump up the draft board too, unfortunately, but he is enormous, hits like a brick wall, and played a good bit of CB. He has ball skills and coverage skills. Not an ideal "slot CB", but he is an ideal foil to bigger guys like Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.

Round 5 - B.J. Cunningham, WR, Michigan State, 6-2, 216
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/09/10/091011-CFB-Owls-vs-Spartans-JW_20110910152305503_660_320.JPG
Productive, big athletic receiver, possible red zone threat. 79/1306/12

Round 6 - William Vlachos, Center, Alabama, 6-1, 305
Much more talented than Doug Legursky, without the injury problems. Did extremely well vs. SEC competition. Will fall because he's short, but will be drafted because he's extremely talented.

Round 7a - Cordarro Law, OLB, Southern Mississippi, 6-2, 261
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-12/66980377.jpg
He's not a Vernon Gholston hardbody, but he has the most ridiculous hands. Very difficult to block. Won't blow up the combine, thankfully. Only chance of him falling this far to us.

Round 7b - Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6-1, 330
Stocky fireplug up the middle. Has the explosiveness to play outside and the anchor to play inside. Played both in BYU's 3-4. A bit older (24 or 25), but that's ok, that gives him some "man-strength" which will help him anchor.

Priority UDFAs:

Miles Burris, ILB/OLB, SDSU, 6-3, 237
Chigbo Anunoby, NT, Morehouse, 6-4, 324
Jarvis Canty, OT/OG, Morehouse, 6-5, 340
Charles Deas, NT, Shaw, 6-3, 316
Devon Wylie, WR/KR, Fresno State, 5-10, 185 (~4.30ish)

FormulaLT1poweR
01-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Since we discussed him earlier...Patrick Willis was getting straight up abused by Jimmy Graham.

So maybe these MLB's simply can't cover the big TE's (Finley, Davis, Graham, Gronkowski, etc)...

Johnny Rotten
01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
IDK, I just think it's poor defensive planning to put a LB on a tall, deep threat WR. That's what Graham is imo, regardless if he has 'TE' in front of his name. You can match a good SS/MLB on Finley/Davis etc but you need to bring in a CB to cover Jimmy Graham.

just my 2 cents

FormulaLT1poweR
01-14-2012, 08:36 PM
IDK, I just think it's poor defensive planning to put a LB on a tall, deep threat WR. That's what Graham is imo, regardless if he has 'TE' in front of his name. You can match a good SS/MLB on Finley/Davis etc but you need to bring in a CB to cover Jimmy Graham.

just my 2 cents

Just look at the TE #'s today from Davis, Graham, Gronkowski and Hernandez. There's no way in hell to guard them at all, when they have other threats.

IMO, Heath Miller could be used like one of those guys, but our O-Line sucks so damn bad we need him to block...

Mitch1313
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Would love it if Steelers picked up Iloka, watched every Boise game this year, hes a smart player, and hits damn good. Unlikely though.
inb4 Batman hates on Boise

Just look at the TE #'s today from Davis, Graham, Gronkowski and Hernandez. There's no way in hell to guard them at all, when they have other threats.

IMO, Heath Miller could be used like one of those guys, but our O-Line sucks so damn bad we need him to block...

You got that right... O-Line needs to step it up, and Ben also needs to make better choices.
He was sacked most in the league this year I believe.

Hes been sacked over 300 times in his career already, lol

kethnaab
01-15-2012, 12:10 PM
So maybe these MLB's simply can't cover the big TE's (Finley, Davis, Graham, Gronkowski, etc)...

Davis, Graham, Gronk? No. Finley perhaps, because he's soft as a baby's ass. Big strong TEs with athleticism CANNOT be covered by LBs.

you need to bring in a CB to cover Jimmy Graham.

pure, absolute mismatch. Graham will be half a foot taller and 60 lbs heavier. You need to have a BIGASS FS or CB WITH BALL SKILLS. We don't have any bigass FSs, and our "experienced" CBs don't have ball skills. Hopefully Allen will

exactly. If you commit a CB to the TE, then who's covering the WR? How is a 6' 195 lb CB going to cover a 6'7, 265-lb'er with speed and sick hands and, perhaps most importantly, a SMART offensive scheme, something the Steelers haven't had in forever?

[quote=FormulaLT1poweRIMO, Heath Miller could be used like one of those guys, but our O-Line sucks so damn bad we need him to block...[/QUOTE]

not even close brosef. Miller's slower than molasses. He can't get separation on even marginal LBs, and safeties are way quicker than he is. Saunders, if he develops, might be the guy, but Miller never will be (and never could've been) fast or athletic enough. Yes, he gets stuck blocking, but he is far from an 'elite' athletic TE, unfortunately. Very well rounded, but he's not an athletic TE in today's NFL. It's gotten ridiculous.

We need to start sending scouts to basketball games to find big strong power forwards with crappy dribbling and shooting skills but good hands! :D

thegenerel
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM

I think Heath could certainly be used more and the OL woes keeps him in to block, but some of the things the Saints/49ers do with Graham/Davis could not be achieve by the Steelers. Heath is not that on that level physically.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-15-2012, 03:03 PM
not even close brosef. Miller's slower than molasses. He can't get separation on even marginal LBs, and safeties are way quicker than he is. Saunders, if he develops, might be the guy, but Miller never will be (and never could've been) fast or athletic enough. Yes, he gets stuck blocking, but he is far from an 'elite' athletic TE, unfortunately. Very well rounded, but he's not an athletic TE in today's NFL. It's gotten ridiculous.

We need to start sending scouts to basketball games to find big strong power forwards with crappy dribbling and shooting skills but good hands! :D

I think Heath could certainly be used more and the OL woes keeps him in to block, but some of the things the Saints/49ers do with Graham/Davis could not be achieve by the Steelers. Heath is not that on that level physically.

Guys, I was no where near saying Heath Miller was on the same level as any of them. I simply said "Heath Miller could be USED liked one of those guys", meaning using him in the passing game. I remember a few games where the first couple series he racks up 4-5 catches, and we don't see him again!? Why? Because they start to pressure Ben and our OL is awful (at best). Heath Miller is a big target, decent hands, and doesn't fumble much...so he possesses some mismatches, but not when he's got to protect Ben so he can get the ball out.

I say f%&k it, and let's go get LeBron James! ;)

thegenerel
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Guys, I was no where near saying Heath Miller was on the same level as any of them. I simply said "Heath Miller could be USED liked one of those guys", meaning using him in the passing game. I remember a few games where the first couple series he racks up 4-5 catches, and we don't see him again!? Why? Because they start to pressure Ben and our OL is awful (at best). Heath Miller is a big target, decent hands, and doesn't fumble much...so he possesses some mismatches, but not when he's got to protect Ben so he can get the ball out.

Yea, I figured you were not crazy enough to think that, he was used well against the Patriots, if they could add at least one quality lineman in Rds 1 or 2 Id be satisfied. Ben wont need much more help if the line was bolstered.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Yea, I figured you were not crazy enough to think that, he was used well against the Patriots, if they could add at least one quality lineman in Rds 1 or 2 Id be satisfied. Ben wont need much more help if the line was bolstered.

I'd really like to get Hightower...that being said, I'd also like a CB and OL. At this point we do need a QUALITY lineman, with that being said, I'm not sure our philosophy of OL projects are ever going to get done. We all thought Pouncey would help, but it sure would be nice to have his ass in a playoff game. I know a lot of our sacks come from him holding onto the ball, but it's getting old. Watching the playoffs this weekend, every QB (except Tebow) got the ball out quickly, etc. Is it Ben, or is it Arians? I'm being serious asking that question...is Ben not confident in the quick throws, are the WR's not getting open, or is Arians calling all out streaks every play?

Anyone else completely stoked the Packers are out? Hopefully the 9ers get bounced next...so they can't share the 6 Super Bowls with us! ;) Brady and Company are getting closer and closer, and it's scary!

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
when will we get the next kethnaab mock draft & top 5-10 1st round targets?

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 09:15 AM
I'd really like to get Hightower...that being said, I'd also like a CB and OL. At this point we do need a QUALITY lineman, with that being said, I'm not sure our philosophy of OL projects are ever going to get done. We all thought Pouncey would help, but it sure would be nice to have his ass in a playoff game. I know a lot of our sacks come from him holding onto the ball, but it's getting old. Watching the playoffs this weekend, every QB (except Tebow) got the ball out quickly, etc. Is it Ben, or is it Arians? I'm being serious asking that question...is Ben not confident in the quick throws, are the WR's not getting open, or is Arians calling all out streaks every play?

Anyone else completely stoked the Packers are out? Hopefully the 9ers get bounced next...so they can't share the 6 Super Bowls with us! ;) Brady and Company are getting closer and closer, and it's scary!

I want them to go BPA but Im hoping its OL or Upshaw (5% chance)/Hightower/Kuechly. Im not a huge fan of any 1st round CBs, Im undecided on Barron.

kethnaab
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I simply said "Heath Miller could be USED liked one of those guys", meaning using him in the passing game.

ah, ok. gotcha then. Yes, we could use our TEs more effectively.

A few points to consider with Ben

1. He is not an intelligent person. Which is fine, Marino wasn't either
2. He is an 8-year starter who hasn't had a coach improve his game since 2005. He HATED Whisenhunt. Why? Because Whisenhunt HELD HIM RESPONSIBLE. With Arians, he does whatever he wants, and since Arians knows he'd be fired without Ben begging for him to keep his job, he knows what side his bread is buttered on
3. Arians has stunted, perhaps permanently, Ben's progression and growth as a QB. Honestly, is Ben a "better QB" than he was in 2007? 2007 was his 4th season in the NFL. He showed HUGE progression between 2004 and 2005, 2005 to 2006 (When he wasn't showing the ill affects of his concussion), and then from 2006 to 2007 was a jump of several light years.

Funny. He's no better now than he was in 2007. Think it's a coincidence that Arians' first season as an OC is 2007?

I sure don't.

when will we get the next kethnaab mock draft & top 5-10 1st round targets?

when there's a big shakeup. My mock would've looked a good bit different had Massie not declared, as I REALLY think (hope? Pray?) he stays under the radar on other teams and falls to us in the 2nd. Probably won't be awhile unless some major changes in who declares and who stays occurs. It might be until close to the combine. Who gets let go and who stays for another season also will play a role.

I want them to go BPA but Im hoping its OL or Upshaw (5% chance)/Hightower/Kuechly. Im not a huge fan of any 1st round CBs, Im undecided on Barron.

Barron in the 1st...I like him, but don't find him substantially better than some guys who can be had later.

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 04:46 PM
when there's a big shakeup. My mock would've looked a good bit different had Massie not declared, as I REALLY think (hope? Pray?) he stays under the radar on other teams and falls to us in the 2nd. Probably won't be awhile unless some major changes in who declares and who stays occurs. It might be until close to the combine. Who gets let go and who stays for another season also will play a role.

Barron in the 1st...I like him, but don't find him substantially better than some guys who can be had later.

Im with you re: Ben/Arians. Ben likes him because he lets Ben do what he wants.

re: Barron he strikes me as the best player at a position of need, plus he is big, smart, and physical. Bama defensive players are close to NFL ready as it gets.

who would comprise your list of Top 5 hopefuls at 24 and what are you Top 5 realistic at 24

Mitch1313
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
So... random side question I am throwing out here...

Whos everyone going for, for the Superbowl or rooting for atm?
Or notasinglefukgiven about whos left?

Glad Green Bay was 1 and done, called that forever ago.

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Ideally

Giants over 49ers
Pats over Ravens

Giants over Pats

Mitch1313
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Ideally

Giants over 49ers
Pats over Ravens

Giants over Pats

Exactly what I was thinking.

Hate the Ravens and Pats, 49ers dont really care for.

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Patriots - rival, hate them, dont want them to get #4
Ravens...
Giants - eh
49ers - do not want them to get #6 and tie the Steelers.

kethnaab
01-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Top dreamy hopefuls (I'd SPRINT to the podium, but they almost definitely won't be available):

1. Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama - best all around OLB in college, perfect Steelers OLB, can lay a whuppin' in pass rush, in run stopping, athletic, instinctive, leader...perfect Steelers player.

2. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford - yes, I have him 2nd, behind Upshaw. Pass rushing OLB > OG. I'm also nowhere near as confident in the rest of the draft @ OLB, whereas I have several guys I like in the later rounds. Not as much as DeCastro, mind you, but nonetheless, I'd still be quite happy and quite positive going forward with them. Put it this way, Upshaw + <any of 3 OGs> would be >>> DeCastro + <any OLB in this draft>. My ONLY qualm about him is that I'd like a bit more beef at the position simply because of the massive size of the DTs we face. Trust me, this is a SMALL qualm.

3. Dre Kirkpatrick - imagine if Ike had really good ball skills, without the inconsistency and "swaggitude". Now make him 6'3 and 21 with an incredibly advanced feel for zone coverage. That's Dre Kirkpatrick. He solves our CB problems for years to come.

Top fairly realistic hopefuls (I'd be quite pleased if they fell to us, but they might not):

1. Dont'a Hightower - perfect foil to Timmons. I've stated it before, he compliments Timmons in a way that could get Timmons back to "his game", and would provide a strength and toughness our defense lacks, and brings a serious pass rush to the team.

2. Peter Konz - OC who can easily play LG. Provides a huge benefit in that we wouldn't lose anything at OC position if Pouncey goes out

3. Luke Kuechly - ILB who would probably be a "better" ILB in many schemes and certain situations than Hightower, but for the Steelers, might not make quite as good of a 'pair' as Hightower would with Timmons

Top near guaranteed available picks that wouldn't make me puke (some trepidation):

1. Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State - highest LT ceiling in this draft, even above Matt Kalil, due to size, natural athleticism, and potential. However, he's lazy and has a bad reputation. Serious boom/bust potential

2. Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU - he should be a "pretty darn good" LT. Safer pick than Adams, but not as much potential.

I fully expect that Bobby Massie and Brandon Washington will fly up the charts, and I will add them to my "top fairly realistic hopefuls" if/when they do. I fully expect that Riley Reiff will be a top 10 pick, guaranteed, after the combine, so I don't even bother listing him.

kethnaab
01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Ideally

Giants over 49ers
Pats over Ravens

Giants over Pats

i'm down.

RudeKong
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
would definitely like to see the giants pull it out but if not them then i don't really mind the pats winning it too much

kethnaab
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
would definitely like to see the giants pull it out but if not them then i don't really mind the pats winning it too much

I'd rather the 49ers win than the Patriots, despite the 6. I gotta root for the defensive teams so Goodell can go fukc himself

RudeKong
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd rather the 49ers win than the Patriots, despite the 6. I gotta root for the defensive teams so Goodell can go fukc himself

If my brother wasnt a 9ers fan i would like to see them win but i don't wanna hear it from him for a whole year. Was really hoping houston woulda won, but Yates had to go full retard.

kethnaab
01-16-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah, I waas truly rooting for a Houston - NYG Super Bowl

FormulaLT1poweR
01-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Give me the Patriots or Giants.

Ravens = Division Rival...no way I would cheer for them, no matter the "respect".
49ers = Currently at 5, no way in hell I'm ready to share the 6.
Patriots = Still think they are cheating, once a cheater always a cheater. I like the team, but hate Bill Belichick.
Giants = Eli, would then tie Ben w/ 2 Super Bowls in the '04 Draft Class.

I almost can't wait to see some personnel decisions. It's literally killing me, trying to read mock drafts, etc. I'm stuck on Hightower, and BPA...so if I'm stuck on a player, that typically means we won't get them. I wanted Amukamara last year :(, then Ras-I-Dowling :(. We know how that goes!

thegenerel
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
crap, I accidentally deleted your quote keth, I was curious to get your thoughts on the OL in the 1st round. I knew you liked Konz or Glenn but could not remember which.

if there is one thing to feel good about this offseason is that the Steelers draft the 1st round extremely well!

Mitch1313
01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
If the superbowl comes down to Giants vs Patriots, I will root for the Giants, but not going to care much if the Pats win, as long as the Fraud Ratbirds dont win it, they dont deserve anything after who they lost too, and 49ers will have 6

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmInput1.aspx

I havent messed with this too much but its a mock draft simulator. the draft order is old and I havent had a chance to change that.

http://drafttek.com/

their own mock draft has the correct order and has the Steelers going Burfict/Martin/Sylvester Williams

kethnaab
01-17-2012, 09:12 AM
http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmInput1.aspx

I havent messed with this too much but its a mock draft simulator. the draft order is old and I havent had a chance to change that.

http://drafttek.com/

their own mock draft has the correct order and has the Steelers going Burfict/Martin/Sylvester Williams

I would vomit

kethnaab
01-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Give me the Patriots or Giants.

Ravens = Division Rival...no way I would cheer for them, no matter the "respect".
49ers = Currently at 5, no way in hell I'm ready to share the 6. I would be ok with that for 2 reasons - 1) defense wins, fukc you Goodell 2) they would beat the Ravens or Patriots
Patriots = Still think they are cheating, once a cheater always a cheater. I like the team, but hate Bill Belichick.
Giants = Eli, would then tie Ben w/ 2 Super Bowls in the '04 Draft Class. he would earn it, he's progressed far more as a QB than Ben, even if he looks painfully dopey

I almost can't wait to see some personnel decisions. It's literally killing me, trying to read mock drafts, etc. I'm stuck on Hightower, and BPA...so if I'm stuck on a player, that typically means we won't get them. I wanted Amukamara last year :(, then Ras-I-Dowling :(. We know how that goes!

Amukamara was never going to fall. I would've taken Dowling or Carimi over Heyward. They're killing me with this early-round DE drafting. BPA my ass, it's a fukcing waste if you're going to force them into a read-react pattycake defense.

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I just noticed this thread is 3*. Are there that many vaginas on here to go around and vote threads down?

kethnaab
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I just noticed this thread is 3*. Are there that many vaginas on here to go around and vote threads down?

yes.

crap, I accidentally deleted your quote keth, I was curious to get your thoughts on the OL in the 1st round. I knew you liked Konz or Glenn but could not remember which.

Guaranteed 1st round OL:

Matt Kalil, Riley Reiff - out of our reach, not even realistic

Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford - less than enthusiastic. I like him, but don't think he's any better than the next 3 OTs, who will go later

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford - best OL in this draft. Don't think he'll get anywhere near us. I think there's enough OG depth that moving up won't be necessary, but our middle round drafting has been so horrible regarding OL, I'm not against moving up to grab him in the least

Peter Konz, OG/OC, Wisconsin - love him, will be an outstanding OG/OC. Has the athleticism, smarts, and strength to play both. Would rather move up 5 spots to snatch him from the Titans, instead of moving up 10 spots to snatch DeCastro from the Cowboys. Would give us leverage for Pouncey when we come up on C2 for him.

Probable 1st round OL:
Zebrie Sanders, Mike Adams - Adams has the higher ceiling and lower floor. Could be the best OT in this class, could end up the worst. Sanders is probably a "safer" pick

Possibl(ish) 1st round OL:
Brandon Washington, OG/OT, Miami - smart, plays everything but C and plays it well, ideally a LG, hits like a truck on the move. A guy that makes me not want to trade up to get DeCastro

Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss - shares the top ceiling with Adams, without the headaches and potential "laziness" issue. Like Tyron Smith, he has played RT but projects to LT. Unlike Tyron Smith, he's 325 lbs as is and started every game since his 6th game as a true freshman and he's also rated much higher than Ole Miss's LT.

Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State, Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia - mongo mofrackers who played out of position at OT. Both move "well for their size", i.e. they're both fat pigs. I'm prejudiced against fat pigs. Kemoeatu has scared me off them permanently.

Andrew Datko, OT, FSU - gotta check out medically before he is even considered

Whacko4Flacco
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
sure was nice sweepin you fellas and watching you fall to TEBOW in the first round....

this was your guys last real chance, otherwise the team is getting real old outside of mendenhall and Worthlessberger

ramsgoldberg61
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
sure was nice sweepin you fellas and watching you fall to TEBOW in the first round....

this was your guys last real chance, otherwise the team is getting real old outside of mendenhall and Worthlessberger

Reveal your true form Miscer (srs and lolz)

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM

how does it feel that the Ravens will never win a championship with Joke Flacco?

Whacko4Flacco
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
how does it feel that the Ravens will never win a championship with Joke Flacco?

he is better than Trent Dilfer.

better looking too.

you should have waited at least 3 weeks before making yourself look silly.

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 01:02 PM
now that Kirkpatrick was busted for pot, maybe he will fall to 24

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM

better looking too.

I will eat my words if that unibrow gets to go to Disneyworld

FormulaLT1poweR
01-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Was just getting ready to post:

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office lists "Dandre Kirkpatrick" in its arrest logs as having been charged with possession of under 20 grams of marijuana on Tuesday, January 17.
Kirkpatrick, who appears clearly to be Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick, is listed at 6-foot-2, 180 and as having been born on the same date (October 26, 1989) as the top-20 draft prospect. The log says Kirkpatrick was bonded out of jail for $120. Kirkpatrick's apparent arrest just over a month before the Combine could remove him from several teams' draft boards. Kirkpatrick did not have any known off-field issues during his three years at Alabama.

Whacko4Flacco
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I will eat my words if that unibrow gets to go to Disneyworld

okey they still would have at least beat the broncos in denver thats fa sho

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
okey they still would have at least beat the broncos in denver thats fa sho

yea, they cant go to the Super Bowl every year, no biggie.

Whacko4Flacco
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
yea, they cant go to the Super Bowl every year, no biggie.

why not.

none of you overprideful bandwagoners would never dare say that before the season ends..... even heading in OT at Mile High, none of you guys would ever dare say that unless its the day after the season ends....

even a week after the season ends, perhaps, you guys would already be talking about winning it the next season.

be reality, brah.

thegenerel
01-17-2012, 01:56 PM
why not.

none of you overprideful bandwagoners would never dare say that before the season ends..... even heading in OT at Mile High, none of you guys would ever dare say that unless its the day after the season ends....

even a week after the season ends, perhaps, you guys would already be talking about winning it the next season.

be reality, brah.

huh? very few people actually believe the 2011 Steelers had a real shot at the Super Bowl. They just did not quite have "it" and it was somewhere between 7-9 starters were hurt. Things may have been different if they held onto the lead against the Ravens. obviously every year there is some level of confidence they could win it all, but I know a lot of Steeler fans were not confident about going to NE or Baltimore and making it out victorious.

I suppose you wont be around much longer, as you are quite certainly a multi-account.

Whacko4Flacco
01-17-2012, 02:18 PM
huh? very few people actually believe the 2011 Steelers had a real shot at the Super Bowl. They just did not quite have "it" and it was somewhere between 7-9 starters were hurt. Things may have been different if they held onto the lead against the Ravens. obviously every year there is some level of confidence they could win it all, but I know a lot of Steeler fans were not confident about going to NE or Baltimore and making it out victorious.

I suppose you wont be around much longer, as you are quite certainly a multi-account.

:( fine. you win

kethnaab
01-17-2012, 02:21 PM

no idea if we'd grab him, after the whole Santonio Holmes fiasco

FormulaLT1poweR
01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Steelers OG Chris Kemoeatu, OT Jonathan Scott, and CB Bryant McFadden are potential salary cap casualties this offseason.
Kemoeatu turned in a disastrous season while playing through a nagging knee injury, and Scott lost his job to rookie Marcus Gilbert. At $25 million over the cap -- according to team president Art Rooney II -- the Steelers can save $2.4 million on Kemoeatu, $2.2 million on Scott, and $2.5 million on McFadden. NT Casey Hampton (partially torn ACL) and ILB James Farrior are also on the bubble.

-Seems like $7.1M we could easily free up! Only $17.9M more to go!!

The Steelers will take a "wait-and-see" approach toward a contract extension for Rashard Mendenhall (ACL surgery).
Team president Art Rooney II suggested that Mendenhall is still viewed as an offensive nucleus player, but the Steelers have time to evaluate him while returning from reconstructive knee surgery in 2012. Mendenhall, still just 24 years old, is a free agent after next season.

-Agree, lets not give him a huge contract before we see how he is post surgery. Too many times stuff like this happens, and teams regret the contract. I'm all for keeping him, but I want him to be worth the $.

Steelers president Art Rooney II confirmed that a long-term contract for Mike Wallace will be a top priority this season.
Wallace's free agency is restricted, which means he's a lock to play in Pittsburgh next season regardless. The Steelers often lock up young nucleus players before they reach unrestricted free agency. One of the NFL's elite deep threats, Wallace has finished as a top-10 fantasy receiver in each of the past two seasons.

-Good to hear, even with the tight budget we currently have. I'd be interested in seeing the price tag, he's going to bring though? And to think we will probably have to pay just as much for Antonio Brown as well. Hopefully he isn't looking for Fitzgerald money! :D

Steelers president Art Rooney II was noncommittal Tuesday when asked about the future of Hines Ward.
Rooney called Ward an "all-time" Steelers great and "hopefully" a Hall of Famer, and will continue to talk to him about his future with the organization. Rooney noted that his team is $25 million over the salary cap. "There will be some tough decisions," acknowledged Rooney.

-I can honestly see Hines playing for the vet minimum. At this point in his career what else does he have to play for? 2 Super Bowls, 1 Super Bowl MVP...#1 Steelers WR, a Hall of Famer...

Mitch1313
01-17-2012, 06:59 PM
why not.

be reality, brah.

Yes we are all bandwagoners that post daily and talk about the Steelers in the Steelers thread,
Strong logic. Never go full retard.

Joke Flaccid aint going to win ****, I would rather have Tim Teblow then Joke Flaccid honestly. I doubt any would agree with that, but Flaccid is horrible.

-I can honestly see Hines playing for the vet minimum. At this point in his career what else does he have to play for? 2 Super Bowls, 1 Super Bowl MVP...#1 Steelers WR, a Hall of Famer...

Maybe he just wants to play for fun :p he already has said he knows other people took his #1 spot and that he will play for less money to help make the team better.

Also random question to just throw out here, where does anyone think Kellen Moore will land???

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound4.asp

Just went through there to find him, they think the Steelers will pick him up in round 4 pick 119.
interesting...

kethnaab
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes we are all bandwagoners that post daily and talk about the Steelers in the Steelers thread,
Strong logic. Never go full retard.

down Mitch, down!!!

Never go full retard, but NEVER feed the trolls.

Also random question to just throw out here, where does anyone think Kellen Moore will land???

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound4.asp

Just went through there to find him, they think the Steelers will pick him up in round 4 pick 119.
interesting...

4/5th round.

steelers won't pick him up.

Mitch1313
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
down Mitch, down!!!

Never go full retard, but NEVER feed the trolls.

4/5th round.

steelers won't pick him up.

Feeding the troll is fun :p

And ya, that would be weird, I dont know why they think the Steelers would pick him up... Although all 3 of our back ups suck...

But I'm just curious to where he will end up.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Feeding the troll is fun :p

And ya, that would be weird, I dont know why they think the Steelers would pick him up... Although all 3 of our back ups suck...

But I'm just curious to where he will end up.

I disagree...all 3 of our back-ups don't "suck".

-Batch has been great in fill in duty, a little old at this point...but always there to do the job. He was never going to win you any games, but he wasn't going to piss them down his leg either.

-Leftwich, again a serviceable back-up. Pretty much the same thing as Batch, except add injuries!

-Dixon, IMHO was never given a fair shake. He played fairly well in the 2009 game against Baltimore, but wasn't allowed to open up the playbook against them. I honestly think he would be successful somewhere else, and I don't blame him for wanting to leave (I wish we could have gotten something for him). I watch a lot of Oregon football (yes Bandwagon), and I was STOKED when we took him.

I'd take Kellen Moore in the 5th Round. Again, I think he could be a serviceable back-up, and with our horrible OL, and Ben getting hurt every season...that would be something we need. I think Rounds 1-4 we could fill immediate need, and QB2 isn't one of those needs.

kethnaab
01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Batch is the best, by far, of the 3, aside from his age and cricketiness. He's far sharper than Leftwich, without the cannon. Of course, Leftwich reaches back to Monroeville every time he goes to throw a pass.

Dixon is not, and never will be an NFL QB I don't think. I don't think we'll be drafting a "developmental" QB. I think we have one already.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-18-2012, 07:36 PM
ZOMG HOLY WTFBBQ?!?!?!

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steelers OC Bruce Arians "might not return in 2012."
Arians is apparently considering retirement. Arians nearly retired at the end of the 2010 season due to health problems, but ended up returning for a fifth year as the Steelers' coordinator. Head coach Mike Tomlin hinted at his season-ending press conference he expected Arians to return in 2012. Arians has often been criticized in Pittsburgh for going too pass-heavy, but the Steelers have ranked in the top half of the league in yards gained each of the past three seasons.

thegenerel
01-18-2012, 07:41 PM
yea Art II said that not all are certain to come back (retirement). lets hope Arians is one of them

Mitch1313
01-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Everyone bitches about Kellen Moores size and all that... but hes smart as fukkkkkkkk. Dont see Steelers taking him though.
Would take him over Luck. inb4 flamed for saying that, but Luck is garbage.

and WTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF? Arians might retire... wouldn't that be some ****, world must be ending.

Also just read that we signed 10 guys for Reserve/Future Contracts
John Malecki, Jamie McCoy, Christ Scott, Trevis Turner, Corbin Bryant, Jerrod Johnson, Mike Blanc, Kade Weston, Marshall McFadden, Antonio Smith

Whacko4Flacco
01-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Ben WORTHLESSberger....

isnt even as good as teBLOW

kethnaab
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Also just read that we signed 10 guys for Reserve/Future Contracts
John Malecki, Jamie McCoy, Christ Scott, Trevis Turner, Corbin Bryant, Jerrod Johnson, Mike Blanc, Kade Weston, Marshall McFadden, Antonio Smith

we already had several of these guys on our PS.

as for Arians retiring, I'm not even thinking about it. I've gotten my hopes up before, but Ben needs his Uncle Brucie back so that he can continue to play sandlot football and never be held accountable for stupid mistakes.

thegenerel
01-19-2012, 09:16 AM
the Arians retirement rumor is picking up more and more, hopefully it is true.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Everyone bitches about Kellen Moores size and all that... but hes smart as fukkkkkkkk. Dont see Steelers taking him though.
Would take him over Luck. inb4 flamed for saying that, but Luck is garbage.

Ever wonder why you aren't a GM, or a draft guru? Take a look no further...

Seriously bro, get off the Boise State nuthugging. Kellen Moore is nothing more than a NFL backup (at best). Andrew Luck is a starting QB, with #1 potential...and is FAR from garbage...LOL

kethnaab
01-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I just figured he was kidding.

Mitch1313
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Ever wonder why you aren't a GM, or a draft guru? Take a look no further...

Seriously bro, get off the Boise State nuthugging. Kellen Moore is nothing more than a NFL backup (at best). Andrew Luck is a starting QB, with #1 potential...and is FAR from garbage...LOL

Nah not nuthugging, thats my favorite college team/player to clear that up, dealwithit.jpg. Just wondering where people think he would go, only brought it up because I saw that draft that thegeneral posted, said the Steelers would pick him up which was weird.
And I dont see Luck being that great, also jinx, inb4epic

Nah I'm not draft guru, or think I am at all, lol, already know that.
I'll leave that to Keth lol

I just figured he was kidding.

I was kidding, but I dont see him as that great...
but since I said that jinx and he will be a NFL star now.

And ya I know we had a few of those players on practice squad.

Also Mendenhall just had his ACL surgery, will be interesting to see how fast he recovers, and what the Steelers do with his contact, been hearing he probably wont be offered a contract extension. 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns this year.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Steelers RBs coach Kirby Wilson was next in line to replace Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, but may not get that opportunity after a January house fire left him in need of multiple surgeries.
Wilson has smoke inhalation problems, burns to 45% of his body, and remains hospitalized in critical condition. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggests QBs coach Randy Fichtner as an in-house alternative. Beat writer Ed Bouchette still doesn't know whether Arians is leaving on his own or if he was fired.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EM-F-wtiPOo/TrL8S8vY-tI/AAAAAAAABIE/S-G1xp6FrG4/s1600/cookie-monster-wtf-this_130497604469.jpg

Steelers signed WR Jimmy Young to a reserve/future contract.
Young was 1B to Jeremy Kerley's 1A receiver at TCU with Andy Dalton, before going undrafted two Aprils ago. Though the Steelers will likely part with Hines Ward and Jerricho Cotchery, Young will have a tough time making the '12 53.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZUvgtpQb4uW1PhFQNH-uPBfdkt06qOsDlJzbA9E6d5wnP47Yq

Willie Colon and Marcus Gilbert are expected to be the Steelers' starting tackles in 2012, with Colon on the right side and Gilbert on the left.
Colon missed all of 2010 with a torn Achilles', and all but Week 1 in 2011 with a torn right triceps. We suppose the silver lining is that he'll be long removed from the Achilles' injury by 2012. A 14-game starter at right tackle as a rookie, Gilbert was graded by Pro Football Focus as the Steelers' top pass protector. He's had limited left-tackle experience dating back to college.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsaBqpfiEhxgdB5Hs43Ii00H_lKDAcn 31OIXyu_HQ5GR4oi78q

thegenerel
01-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Bruce is gone!!!

RudeKong
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Bruce is gone!!!

just read it! oh lawd wonder who is going to replace him. we need an overhaul on our offense big time

kethnaab
01-20-2012, 08:44 AM
bruce is gone!!!

link or negs motherfukcer!!!!

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Bruce is gone!!!

just read it! oh lawd wonder who is going to replace him. we need an overhaul on our offense big time

Statement by Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin on the Retirement of Bruce Arians

"Bruce Arians has informed me that he will retire from coaching. I appreciate his efforts over the past five years as the team’s offensive coordinator and for helping lead our offense to new heights during his time with the Steelers. I am grateful to Bruce for contributing to our success and wish him nothing but the best in his retirement."

Steelers OC Bruce Arians informed coach Mike Tomlin that he's retiring from coaching.
Arians, 59, flirted with the idea last season before Ben Roethlisberger changed his mind. Although it's possible that the Steelers could go outside the organization, QBs coach Randy Fichtner is considered the favorite to take over. Arians had always run an offense more pass-oriented than the rest of the organization's ideal, so Roethlisberger's attempts could go down going forward. On the other hand, Arians never ranked in the top-10 in points scored, and the 2011 average of 20.3 was the team's lowest since 2003.

kethnaab
01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
please baby jesus let it be Tom Clements

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 08:49 AM

I was going to ask who is available...that might actually help?

Tom Clements, QB coach of GB? I'm not exactly sure he may be ready, or willing...since rumors have it they are going to lose Philbin. I'd assume they'd promote him to OC??

EDIT: He is from PA though! ;)

thegenerel
01-20-2012, 08:53 AM

Tom Clements, QB coach of GB? I'm not exactly sure he may be ready, or willing...since rumors have it they are going to lose Philbin. I'd assume they'd promote him to OC??

he was the Steelers QB coach for about 4-5 years in the early 2000s, he is a pretty good coach and was rumored to be the next PSU QB/OC

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
he was the Steelers QB coach for about 4-5 years in the early 2000s, he is a pretty good coach and was rumored to be the next PSU QB/OC

Yeah, he worked with Kordell and Tommy Gun. My only question is...he has 1 year of OC experience (Bills)...is he ready to take charge of an offense? Philbin and McCarthy were calling the plays in GB...

thegenerel
01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah, he worked with Kordell and Tommy Gun. My only question is...he has 1 year of OC experience (Bills)...is he ready to take charge of an offense? Philbin and McCarthy were calling the plays in GB...

if he isnt now, he never will be. he is pretty good coach and seemed to be prime for an OC job this offseason.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
if he isnt now, he never will be. he is pretty good coach and seemed to be prime for an OC job this offseason.

I wouldn't be upset with the hiring.

Jim Caldwell?

lovebbing
01-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Nah not nuthugging, thats my favorite college team/player to clear that up, dealwithit.jpg. Just wondering where people think he would go, only brought it up because I saw that draft that thegeneral posted, said the Steelers would pick him up which was weird.
And I dont see Luck being that great, also jinx, inb4epic

Nah I'm not draft guru, or think I am at all, lol, already know that.
I'll leave that to Keth lol

I was kidding, but I dont see him as that great...
but since I said that jinx and he will be a NFL star now.

And ya I know we had a few of those players on practice squad.

Also Mendenhall just had his ACL surgery, will be interesting to see how fast he recovers, and what the Steelers do with his contact, been hearing he probably wont be offered a contract extension. 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns this year.

alot of ppl said the same about brees being too small

thegenerel
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM

odd, you just had something up about how the Steelers need a QB who can read defenses and doesnt chuck it down field, also mentioned something about Worthlessberger.

why did you edit that? because you saw the reps power of people ITT?

lovebbing
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
odd, you just had something up about how the Steelers need a QB who can read defenses and doesnt chuck it down field, also mentioned something about Worthlessberger.

yes someone my household trying to get me in trouble....

I honestly dont care about the rep power in here though.

thats not to say I wouldnt enjoy having 50k+ rep

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 09:28 AM

http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/b-2-bombs-away.jpg

kethnaab
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Clements' history as a developer of QBs is beyond ridiculous. There is NOTHING more important to this team's offense than getting Ben to be as good of a QB as he can be. Once we do that, I could call the damn plays and we'd do well

Brees is about an inch taller, about 20 lbs heavier, and has a much stronger arm.

yes someone my household trying to get me in trouble....

I honestly dont care about the rep power in here though.

thats not to say I wouldnt enjoy having 50k+ rep

you're from Tacoma. You hate the Steelers and you think the referees won the SB for the Steelers when, in fact, it was the Walrus' laughably pitiful clock management and decision to leave the Steelers' #1 WR and multi-team MVP WIDE OPEN in single coverage, not once but TWICE near the goal line.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Steelers signed QB Troy Smith to a reserve/future contract.
They're also believed to have inked former Lions third-round pick Derrick Williams. The 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Smith spent last season with the UFL's Omaha Nighthawks. We did extensive digging on Smith and could not even find any of his minor-league stats. With Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, and Dennis Dixon all free agents, Smith will have a shot to make the Steelers' 53-man roster in 2012. Behind Ben Roethlisberger, Smith and Texas A&M product Jerrod Johnson are Pittsburgh's only quarterbacks under contract at the moment.

- I'm cool with Troy Smith. Still would rather have Ben, Leftwich, Dixon over Ben, Leftwich Smith...

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette speculates that Hines Ward's chances of returning to the Steelers may have risen following offensive coordinator Bruce Arians' retirement.
Per beat reporter Ed Bouchette, Arians had been trying to reduce Ward's role "for awhile" before finally getting the go-ahead from Steelers brass in 2011. It's still hard to imagine Ward returning at age 36 without a significant pay cut. He's not going to be a starter, and is due $4 million in salary.

- Intradasting...

Impending free agent DE Aaron Smith reportedly looked "emaciated" at the Steelers' facility late in the season, down 20 pounds after neck surgery.
Smith told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he has some interest in playing football again, but the weight loss and his recent inability to stay healthy are obvious concerns for a player turning 36 in April. Smith has managed to appear in just 15 of a possible 48 games over the past three seasons.

- Goodnight sweet prince...it's time to hang em up. Hasn't played a full season in how long? Please go.

The Steelers have had internal discussions about moving Ziggy Hood from end to nose tackle.
Hood practiced on the nose during the 2011 season, and took snaps there on some obvious passing downs in games. Though he's undersized for a nose (6'3/300), the Steelers could use Hood in a Jay Ratliff/Earl Mitchell-type role. The starting ends then would be Brett Keisel and 2011 first-round pick Cameron Heyward. The Steelers may have to cut pricey incumbent NT Casey Hampton.

- Heyward, Hood, Keisel next year? Might not be so bad...at least we get to see our 1st rounders on the field! Pretty much sounds like the end to Snack,

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM

The Bucs interviewed Packers QBs coach Tom Clements for their head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.
Tampa Bay interviewed Packers OC Joe Philbin previously. Clements played quarterback at Notre Dame and has been an NFL coordinator. The Bucs have a whopping nine HC candidates and still want to talk to Giants DC Perry Fewell.

kethnaab
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
The Steelers have had internal discussions about moving Ziggy Hood from end to nose tackle.
Hood practiced on the nose during the 2011 season, and took snaps there on some obvious passing downs in games. Though he's undersized for a nose (6'3/300), the Steelers could use Hood in a Jay Ratliff/Earl Mitchell-type role. The starting ends then would be Brett Keisel and 2011 first-round pick Cameron Heyward. The Steelers may have to cut pricey incumbent NT Casey Hampton.

- Heyward, Hood, Keisel next year? Might not be so bad...at least we get to see our 1st rounders on the field! Pretty much sounds like the end to Snack,

source?!?!

please I hope this happens. I've been calling for this for awhile. Ziggy is stocky and explosive, not long-armed and tall like Aaron Smith

FormulaLT1poweR
01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
source?!?!

please I hope this happens. I've been calling for this for awhile. Ziggy is stocky and explosive, not long-armed and tall like Aaron Smith

I get all my information from Rotoworld.com or PostGazette.com

I believe both places have the same information.

Johnny Rotten
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
What do yinz think about Mark Whipple coming back to be OC? He was Bens QB coach his first 3 seasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Whipple

He did pretty good as a head coach and as an OC at Miami too. hmmmm

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/whipple_mark00.html

FormulaLT1poweR
01-21-2012, 09:12 AM
WOW...

Former Steelers OC Bruce Arians decided to retire after being informed his contract would not be renewed.
In other words, Arians wasn't originally looking to spend more time with his family. Arians had committed to returning for 2012 following Pittsburgh's Wild Card loss, and was reportedly told "several" times by head coach Mike Tomlin he was wanted back. The decision to move in another direction is believed to have made by team president Art Rooney II. If true, it would represent a surprising undercutting of a coach who has gone 55-25 in five seasons since replacing Bill Cowher. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette expects the Steelers to go outside the organization to hire Arians' replacement.

kethnaab
01-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Nothing surprising about this.

Tomlin wanted him back because Tomlin isn't an X's and O's guy, certainly not on offense. Deuce has the nickname, "the Hammer" for a reason. Arians knew his ass was on the line, and he knew it last season when Deuce was begged to allow Arians stay another season. We responded with more of the same woefully inept, inconsistent scoring and woefully inept CONSISTENT red zone problems.

thegenerel
01-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I think pressure was there to dump Arians but the possibility of Caldwell forced him out the door.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Nothing surprising about this.

Tomlin wanted him back because Tomlin isn't an X's and O's guy, certainly not on offense. Deuce has the nickname, "the Hammer" for a reason. Arians knew his ass was on the line, and he knew it last season when Deuce was begged to allow Arians stay another season. We responded with more of the same woefully inept, inconsistent scoring and woefully inept CONSISTENT red zone problems.

I think pressure was there to dump Arians but the possibility of Caldwell forced him out the door.

BRB Bubble Screenin'

lovebbing
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Clements' history as a developer of QBs is beyond ridiculous. There is NOTHING more important to this team's offense than getting Ben to be as good of a QB as he can be. Once we do that, I could call the damn plays and we'd do well

Brees is about an inch taller, about 20 lbs heavier, and has a much stronger arm.

you're from Tacoma. You hate the Steelers and you think the referees won the SB for the Steelers when, in fact, it was the Walrus' laughably pitiful clock management and decision to leave the Steelers' #1 WR and multi-team MVP WIDE OPEN in single coverage, not once but TWICE near the goal line.

everyone here hates the steelers, not just me. But I still respect the fact that most REAL steeler fans ive met around here at least truly love football

hindsight always 20/20, just because Holmgren made a mistake doesnt negate anything else that happened during that game. Im not saying the refs single handedly won you guys the game

the thing that really bothers me is that you cant even acknowledge the links ive shown, they are simply ignored

kethnaab
01-21-2012, 04:04 PM
the thing that really bothers me is that you cant even acknowledge the links ive shown, they are simply ignored

eh?

honest question here, no clue what you're talking about. If it's a link regarding the SB, I haven't ignored it. I just didn't see it

hindes204
01-21-2012, 06:55 PM
eh?

honest question here, no clue what you're talking about. If it's a link regarding the SB, I haven't ignored it. I just didn't see it

lololol

I was thinking the same thing, I have no idea what the hell hes talking about.

RudeKong
01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
LaMarr Woodley said it best. Flacco will never win a superbowl as long as he is a raven.

Big7Ben86
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
that play at the end when moore swatted the ball out of lee evans hands reminded me of when bryant mcfadden swatted reggie wayne against the colts in the 2006 afc divisional round. small time player making huge plays in crucial times

good to see the ratbirds not making it

FormulaLT1poweR
01-22-2012, 03:59 PM
LaMarr Woodley said it best. Flacco will never win a superbowl as long as he is a raven.

IMO, Whacco wasn't the problem...and honestly the Patriots are the ones that got lucky. Lee Evans dropping that TD pass was huge, then obviously Billy Cundiff missing a 32 yard FG. Although I can't stand Whacco, he did not play a horrible game, and did a good job keeping the Ravens in the game. I don't see Whacco winning a SB at all, simply because their defense is aging (which is all they have).

Let's not forget, Cincinnati. While we are one of the oldest teams in the league, Cincy is VERY young, and VERY talented. Not to mention the picks for Palmer, etc...they could be a force to be wreckon with next year. Unless we turn out a miracle, I see the AFCN being 1. Bengals, 2. Ravens, 3. Steelers, 4. Browns. Call me crazy, but that's what predictions are for. I think we (Steelers fans) are in for a long season/off-season. We are scratching our heads already at OC, then this mess of who to cut, then who to draft, etc. As always I'll be paying attention, but for once it would be nice to have some FA $ to fill some glaring needs w/ Carl Nicks and Courtland Finnegan.

kethnaab
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
we won't touch anyone that starts in FA, unless something enormous happens regarding the cap and our vets.

I don't know, we still have a lot of offeseason to go through, a lot of personal moves to be made

FormulaLT1poweR
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
So we gonna act like Ben Roethlisberger will not be the starter for the 2012 AFC Pro Bowl Squad?!

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/ben-roethlisberger-2007-pro-bowl-afc-photo-day-0lFYHn.jpg

In B4 he pulls out due to ankle injury!

kethnaab
01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
hate having steelers actually playing in the Pro Bowl

Mitch1313
01-22-2012, 07:22 PM
lol @ Ravens.

and why hate, having Steelers play in the Pro Bowl?

ramsgoldberg61
01-22-2012, 08:03 PM
So we gonna act like Ben Roethlisberger will not be the starter for the 2012 AFC Pro Bowl Squad?!

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/ben-roethlisberger-2007-pro-bowl-afc-photo-day-0lFYHn.jpg

In B4 he pulls out due to ankle injury!

Lolz that's what I was gonna say.

Assuming he could be healthy for the Pro Bowl he'd make a solid selection.

Nick231993
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Happy 49ers lost so we are still the only team with 6 rings ;)

thegenerel
01-22-2012, 09:13 PM

better looking too.

lol @ troll.

kethnaab
01-22-2012, 11:20 PM
and why hate, having Steelers play in the Pro Bowl?

Here's a hint:

why didn't Troy play in last year's Pro Bowl?

DoubtErased
01-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Here's a hint:

why didn't Troy play in last year's Pro Bowl?

Because he was doing a head and shoulders commercial?

FormulaLT1poweR
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Steelers announced NT Chris Hoke's retirement.
Hoke's contract was up and he's coming off a neck injury, so the 36-year-old's career was expected to be through. A former undrafted free agent out of BYU, Hoke carved out an eight-year career, registering 52 tackles and two sacks in 114 appearances with 18 starts. Hoke was Casey Hampton's longtime backup.

-Damn, major overhaul in the offseason. This was expected but things are starting to move along...

After watching Kellen Moore practice for two days at the Senior Bowl, The Sideline View's Adam Caplan compares the former Boise State star to Tyler Palko.
It's not a good thing. According to Caplan, Moore's arm strength is "less than ideal," and he struggles putting any mustard on downfield passes further than 20 yards. SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline recently stated that Moore has the least velocity of any quarterback in Mobile. At under 6-foot and 191 with a noodle arm, Moore may be lucky to be drafted at all this April.

-I had to post this, since he's better than Andrew Luck ;)

kethnaab
01-25-2012, 04:28 PM
yep, basically that. Moore has an arm as strong as mine, and I had shoulder surgery

being smart is great, but the coaching ranks at all levels are full of "smart" guys with weak arms.

Hell, I was a holy terror as a RDE.

the market for 5'9 DEs is kinda small, so that kinda ended that

Mitch1313
01-25-2012, 09:54 PM
sigh.............

thegenerel
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
latest Walterfootball mock:
1) Hightower
2) Ta'amu
3) Bernard Pierce (Markelle Martin went 4 picks earlier, Ben Jones went 2, Harrison Smith 4 later)
4) Tony Bergstrom OT Utah

Iloka was not projected in the Top 4 rounds, but I think his value has gone up this week...

FormulaLT1poweR
01-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Steelers NT Casey Hampton will undergo surgery to repair his torn left ACL on Friday.
Hampton initially hoped to heal the ACL with "rest and rehab," but doctors apparently informed him a reconstruction was required. It's the third ACL surgery of Hampton's 11-year career, and will almost certainly cost him several games to open the 2012 season. The operation also makes it more likely that Hampton will be released. The 34-year-old's cap number is $8.1 million.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mitch1313
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Steelers NT Casey Hampton will undergo surgery to repair his torn left ACL on Friday.
Hampton initially hoped to heal the ACL with "rest and rehab," but doctors apparently informed him a reconstruction was required. It's the third ACL surgery of Hampton's 11-year career, and will almost certainly cost him several games to open the 2012 season. The operation also makes it more likely that Hampton will be released. The 34-year-old's cap number is $8.1 million.

Jesus .... 3rd ACL tear, I would just rage quit if that happened to me 3 times... that sucks.
I'm lucky to have not broke a bone yet, or had a major major injury. knock on wood....

kethnaab
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Thanks for your service Big Snack...sad day indeed.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/casey-hampton1.jpg

ramsgoldberg61
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your service Big Snack...sad day indeed.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/casey-hampton1.jpg

Will rep anyone that makes this into a Meme :D

kethnaab
01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
so here's a 22-minute video of Hebron Fangupo, the guy I mocked to us as our future NT

D73ctp36oGg

he's #91. A few points to keep an eye on

1. Presnap motion - BYU uses a ton of it with multiple formations and multiple alignments. He lines up (off my memory) head up on center, the 1 tech and 3 tech in undershifted "4-3" nickel alignments (basically 2 down linemen and 2 pass rushing OLBs), he lines up in straight nickel formations where he's the only down lineman, lines up as a 5-tech or 7-tech in a 3-4 and a 4-3, he runs inside-out stunts, and takes on double and triple teams left and right.

the things I like most about him

1. Motor - NT's making plays on screen passes to WRs is kinda nuts. Dude is 330 lbs but he runs and he moves laterally very well

2. Violent hands - disengages like a monster. He uses his hands and ragdolls OL left and right.

3. Smart dude - the multiple presnap alignment switches and all the motion means the dude has his head in the game. He's not just a "duh....I is bigboy I sit on QB head" dude.

yes, it's a highlight video.
no, it's not a video of him playing against the SEC.

anyway, there it is, in case you're interested.

Mitch1313
01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Found a lulz article about Billy Cundiff and ordering a jersey off the Ravens fan sight

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/expect-delivery-billy-cundiff-jersey-wide-left-080349417.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/p5dC4HWOiXcFJhHtxszqHQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/Billy-Cundiff-web-store.jpg

thegenerel
01-28-2012, 11:19 AM
so Arians to the Colts?

kethnaab
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
so Arians to the Colts?

don't care. he's gone. that's what matters.

now we gotta get someone in there that can re-teach Ben how to be a professional QB, not just a sandlot wizard

FormulaLT1poweR
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Colts hired Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator.
So much for Arians' "retirement." Forced out in Pittsburgh thanks in part to his reluctance to run the ball, Arians has landed in a place where passing is the tradition. One of the league's most aggressive play-callers during his five seasons with the Steelers, Arians' hiring is excellent news for whomever the Colts take with the No. 1 overall pick (assuming it's Stanford's Andrew Luck or Baylor's Robert Griffin III), and could be a sign the Colts don't plan to leave the training wheels on Peyton Manning's replacement for long.

-WE DUN GOOFED?

thegenerel
01-28-2012, 06:20 PM
-WE DUN GOOFED?

no, he is totally average as an OC

FormulaLT1poweR
01-28-2012, 07:37 PM
no, he is totally average as an OC

BRB, Ben Roethlisberger throws a fit because 1.) he (Arians) did not "retire" and was forced out of Pittsburgh, and 2.) he's (Arians) already signed somewhere else.

Then, Ben decides he wants to play with Arians again, the Colts want the reunion and offer the #1 pick for Ben.

What do you do? :D

kethnaab
01-28-2012, 09:14 PM
get more than just the #1

Johnny Rotten
01-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Arians would be a good fit for the Colts if Peyton returns.

Because Peyton could audible out of every play at the line of scrimmage. :cool:

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 08:00 AM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Colts plan to hire Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler as their defensive coordinator.
Butler is in his ninth year on the Steelers’ coaching staff after joining the team prior to the 2003 season and has been instrumental in the development of James Farrior, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, among others. The Steelers have consistently led the NFL in total defense, rushing defense, and sacks, under his tenure. Schefter notes that Chuck Pagano, Bruce Arians and Butler were all on Butch Davis' staff in Cleveland in 2001.

thegenerel
01-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Bouchette said Butler's contract ends on Feb 15th, so the Colts couldnt hire him until then. Still a chance the Steelers officially make him Lebeau's successor

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Bouchette said Butler's contract ends on Feb 15th, so the Colts couldnt hire him until then. Still a chance the Steelers officially make him Lebeau's successor

Didn't we resign Lebeau to a 1 year deal? Or are you saying, we keep Butler, and promise him the DC job next year?

Regardless with the trio of Pagano, Arians and Butler...I'm assuming they WANT to reunite?

thegenerel
01-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Didn't we resign Lebeau to a 1 year deal? Or are you saying, we keep Butler, and promise him the DC job next year?

Regardless with the trio of Pagano, Arians and Butler...I'm assuming they WANT to reunite?

it is possible, but Butler was the promised the job unofficially, and the Steelers could give him that in writing if he wanted to stay.

imo Steelers DC in 2013 > Colts DC in 2012 (rebuilding team)

kethnaab
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM

how about old man LeBeau and his tired, stale, blitzes retire, and Butler takes over now?

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 01:08 PM
The Steelers interviewed ex-Colts head coach Jim Caldwell for their offensive coordinator vacancy on Saturday.
Those covering the team expect the Steelers to stay in-house as they pursue Brian Arians' successor, but they're doing their due diligence on alternatives. Caldwell has coached quarterbacks for the Bucs, Penn State, and with the Colts before his head-coaching promotion. He has never been a true coordinator.

- Say hello to our new OC in the next few days...

The Colts plan to hire Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler as their defensive coordinator.
A Steelers assistant since 2003, Butler was instrumental in the development of James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, and Lawrence Timmons in Pittsburgh. Raw 2010 second-round pick Jason Worilds also flashed big-time ability under Butler's tutelage this past season. New coordinators Bruce Arians and Butler will fit right in on new Colts coach Chuck Pagano's staff, as all three worked together under Butch Davis in 2001 with the Browns. Butler will help Pagano install a 3-4 defense as Indianapolis undertakes a full-on rebuilding project. We wouldn't expect Robert Mathis, Gary Brackett, or Dwight Freeney back in 2012.

- Say good by to our LB coach, who should have stayed.

kethnaab
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
ugh.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 01:30 PM
ugh.

That's beginning to be my feelings/words for this offseason, and it just started. I wasn't a big Arians believer, but I also wasn't a big hater. Regardless of his style, we had success. Ben put up good #s, went to a few Super Bowls, etc.

The whole "back to Steelers football" is retarded. It's a passing league, and QBs (Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers) are protected as such. Record #s, with record scoring...why? THROWING the football...something Arians liked/wanted to do. Granted I wasn't always in favor of Bubble Screen left on 1st and 10, TE screen on 2nd and 9, then all out streaks on 3rd and 12.

We shall see, what happens. I think losing Lebeaus predecessor is a bigger blow compared to Arians, but I could be wrong.

kethnaab
01-29-2012, 01:35 PM
We shall see, what happens. I think losing Lebeaus predecessor is a bigger blow compared to Arians, but I could be wrong.

losing Arians is nothing. His only real usefulness was his ability to pick out later round WRs. We have 3 of them, they're all under 24. We're fine without him.

Losing LeBeau's next guy is HUGE to me, although I'm really wonderng if

a) LeBeau doesn't retire

and

b) Tomlin moves to a 4-3

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 01:37 PM
losing Arians is nothing. His only real usefulness was his ability to pick out later round WRs. We have 3 of them, they're all under 24. We're fine without him.

Losing LeBeau's next guy is HUGE to me, although I'm really wonderng if

a) LeBeau doesn't retire

and

b) Tomlin moves to a 4-3

You've probably said it before, but how would plan b) work...as far as personnel?

Johnny Rotten
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Arians success came from Ben making plays, not from play calling.

Caldwells success came from Peyton making reads/adjustments, not from play calling/coaching.

I really hope the Steelers pick up a guy that actually follows the trends in football. We would be nearly unbeatable if we called more slants, flats and drag routes rather than deep post after deep post after deep post. :cool:

Johnny Rotten
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
BTW, with Hampton out it's time to say goodbye to the 3-4 for the most part...That is unless Hood can put on another 20-30 lbs and be effective at NT.

I'd personally like to see a more hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense like we had Tomlins first year here.

adamsteve14
01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
BTW, with Hampton out it's time to say goodbye to the 3-4 for the most part...That is unless Hood can put on another 20-30 lbs and be effective at NT.

I'd personally like to see a more hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense like we had Tomlins first year here.

I dont care what system we employ as long as we can get to the QB. The fact that our pass D was as good as it was last year without any pass rush at all is a real testament to the secondary.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I dont care what system we employ as long as we can get to the QB. The fact that our pass D was as good as it was last year without any pass rush at all is a real testament to the secondary.

Too bad none of the above happened against Denver.

kethnaab
01-29-2012, 02:41 PM
You've probably said it before, but how would plan b) work...as far as personnel?

well, with the guys we have right now, here's how I'd line it up (boldfaced would be "excellent" fits)

LDE-DT-UT-RDE
SLB - MLB - WLB

Woodley - Cam - Ziggy - Worilds
Harrison - ???? - Timmons

Ziggy and Timmons are SUBSTANTIALLY better suited for a 4-3 than a 3-4.

BTW, with Hampton out it's time to say goodbye to the 3-4 for the most part...That is unless Hood can put on another 20-30 lbs and be effective at NT

he's big enough if we move to an attacking 1-gap system rather than the read-react 2-gap system we work now. That would almost definitely necessitate picking up Dont'a Hightower though, as Timmons is incapable of getting off blocks as it is with a marginal season from the DL still 2-gapping. We would need HIghtower out there to protect Timmons or he'd waste another season's salary

ramsgoldberg61
01-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Getting ready to watch the Pro Bowl at my buddy's house, need some suggestions for (slightly healthy) munchy food for the game!

Will give measly 15K rep points for suggestions :D

FormulaLT1poweR
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
well, with the guys we have right now, here's how I'd line it up (boldfaced would be "excellent" fits)

LDE-DT-UT-RDE
SLB - MLB - WLB

Woodley - Cam - Ziggy - Worilds
Harrison - ???? - Timmons

Ziggy and Timmons are SUBSTANTIALLY better suited for a 4-3 than a 3-4.

he's big enough if we move to an attacking 1-gap system rather than the read-react 2-gap system we work now. That would almost definitely necessitate picking up Dont'a Hightower though, as Timmons is incapable of getting off blocks as it is with a marginal season from the DL still 2-gapping. We would need HIghtower out there to protect Timmons or he'd waste another season's salary

I like it, but the BIG ??? would be MLB then. And yes Hightower would immediately fill that void and excel. I might swap Worlids and Harrison though, but we really haven't seen much from Worlids to properly place him IMO. Keisel would simply turn into a relief guy, which might not be a bad thing...although I do like seeing him on the field.

Getting ready to watch the Pro Bowl at my buddy's house, need some suggestions for (slightly healthy) munchy food for the game!

I only watched until Rivers came in. Ben's pick was a good play by Matthews AND a terrible throw on his part. His 2 other TD's were pretty nice, crazy what he can do with a little "time".

INB4 "it's the Pro Bowl", no pass rush, etc (I understand this).

Big7Ben86
01-29-2012, 05:34 PM

anything with poison in it, so you dont have to endure the rest of this game

ramsgoldberg61
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
anything with poison in it, so you dont have to endure the rest of this game

This was a plausible solution until I accidentally bumped my remote and changed the channel

disasteravoided.jpeg

wtfwjd
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't give Mike Wallace a big contract. He has improved his route running, catching, blocking, etc. but I just think it would be a waste to ink him to some huge deal. With the numbers he has put up he is definitely a top 10 WR but he really didn't do that great towards the end of the season and is going to want top 5-10 WR money. I think Antonio Brown is a better overall receiver than him and if Sanders can ever stay healthy he is too.

Mitch1313
01-29-2012, 09:01 PM
It wasnt that bad, 2nd half got better lol

and lol @ Antonio brown trying to cover Fitzgerald that was funny chit.

and the 2 awesome TD catches Brandon Marshall had, 4 total

kethnaab
01-30-2012, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't give Mike Wallace a big contract. He has improved his route running, catching, blocking, etc. but I just think it would be a waste to ink him to some huge deal. With the numbers he has put up he is definitely a top 10 WR but he really didn't do that great towards the end of the season and is going to want top 5-10 WR money. I think Antonio Brown is a better overall receiver than him and if Sanders can ever stay healthy he is too.

I see a few sides on this issue

1. With Arians gone, we will see who the real "master" of the WR is, Arians or Scottie Montgomery. Certainly Arians has an eye for WR talent, but who's more responsible for the WR development

2. Wallace is the #1 deep threat in the game which affects the way a defense plays you, even if he never gets the ball in his hands

3. His hands are decent, but not great, which reduces his effectiveness somewhat

4. With a proper OC, he could be used intelligently, but we have to find out who that new OC is and how he will use Wallace.

I'd tag him and if we got an offer from a crappy team, I'd consider not meeting the offer. If it is early enough, we could easily move up and get a DeCastro or even Quinton Coples, if we are going 4-3 :p

thegenerel
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
this guy has challenged kethnaab to a death match

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/04/2011-steelers-mock-draft-version-5-0/

his 2011 mock draft was
1) Heyward
2) Curtis Brown
3) Gilbert
4) Denarius Moore
5) Julius Thomas or Cortez Allen
6) Mario Harvey or Keith Williams
7) Da'Rel Scott or Anthony Gray

(the 2nd guys listed were alternates @ the pick)

canuckathlete
01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks like Caldwell is heading to the ravens... I think they are really overestimating his qb coaching

FormulaLT1poweR
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Updating a previous item, Steelers LBs coach Keith Butler has decided against accepting the Colts' defensive coordinator job.
Teams have been trying to lure Butler out of Pittsburgh for years, but he's Dick LeBeau's heir apparent and the Steelers want to keep it that way. They've done so by signing Butler to a new contract, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Butler was scheduled to "interview" with Colts brass on Tuesday, although it was just a formality. Indianapolis was intent on hiring him. Chuck Pagano will now have to look elsewhere.

---FEEEEEEECK YEA!

kethnaab
01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
this guy has challenged kethnaab to a death match

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/04/2011-steelers-mock-draft-version-5-0/

his 2011 mock draft was
1) Heyward
2) Curtis Brown
3) Gilbert
4) Denarius Moore
5) Julius Thomas or Cortez Allen
6) Mario Harvey or Keith Williams
7) Da'Rel Scott or Anthony Gray

(the 2nd guys listed were alternates @ the pick)

steelersdepot is a darn good site, and yes he kicked some serious ass with his mock.

Updating a previous item, Steelers LBs coach Keith Butler has decided against accepting the Colts' defensive coordinator job.
Teams have been trying to lure Butler out of Pittsburgh for years, but he's Dick LeBeau's heir apparent and the Steelers want to keep it that way. They've done so by signing Butler to a new contract, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Butler was scheduled to "interview" with Colts brass on Tuesday, although it was just a formality. Indianapolis was intent on hiring him. Chuck Pagano will now have to look elsewhere.

---FEEEEEEECK YEA!

amen....

FormulaLT1poweR
01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been "gathering info" on former Chiefs coach Todd Haley as he searches for a new offensive coordinator.
Tomlin "gathering info" might not be in the combative Haley's best interest, but he would be a good hire for a team looking to run a more balanced offense. Haley fielded some of the league's best rushing attacks during his three years in Kansas City, and has also proven capable of getting the most out of his receivers. It's doubtful there are many better candidates to replace Bruce Arians.

-UHHHHH?

thegenerel
01-31-2012, 07:32 AM
I like Todd Haley and his fiery personality is worth the risk, imo he could be much better than Arians. Plus his personality could be used as an asset to create balance amongst the staff. Tomlin/Lebeau at one end, Haley at the other. hate to use the tired cliche but if one unit needs a good cop/bad cop its the skill position guys.

oh and LOL @ Colts. they hire Arians (lol) to get Butler, and he turns them down

thegenerel
01-31-2012, 07:37 AM
and we need to get the Panthers to win the favorite team!

FormulaLT1poweR
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I like Todd Haley and his fiery personality is worth the risk, imo he could be much better than Arians.

oh and LOL @ Colts. they hire Arians (lol) to get Butler, and he turns them down

I've got a feeling I'll dislike any hire...until I see the result. I'm not a big "change" person...especially since we are changing something that was successful.

and we need to get the Panthers to win the favorite team!

LULZ, I have been trying!