PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Srs Thread
07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

He's old. Isn't in shape. Bashed the team. Low football IQ (I still cant get over him spiking the ball his rookie season against the Jags). Commands high $$$. Won't be that much of an upgrade, assuming the two 2nd year guys continue to progress.

Did we release Sweed yet? I bought his authentic jersey last year for $10 lol.

adamsteve14
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

He's old. Isn't in shape. Bashed the team. Low football IQ (I still cant get over him spiking the ball his rookie season against the Jags). Commands high $$$. Won't be that much of an upgrade, assuming the two 2nd year guys continue to progress.

Sweed is still on the team. This is definately his last chance though. He has displayed all the physical tools but can't seem to get his head together long enough to hold on to the ball. I still hold out hope for him but that hope is waning.

jross2021
07-28-2011, 09:37 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

lol, I'm not sure about Sweed, first season he's a ball dropping machine, and then he's injured the entire 2nd season, I can't understand why they wouldn't release him.

thegenerel
07-28-2011, 09:37 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

Sweed wont be cut until camp. he has one more shot

L to R - Antonio Brown, Gore, Chad Johnson, Plex : this is a month or two old

http://4umf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Ochocinco-and-Plaxico-Burress-work-out.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

LULZ is all i can say to this post.

EDIT: Nope that pic proves he isnt in shape. Theyve already said hes in better shape now than before.

hindes204
07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
plex? howboutno.jpg

He has the ability, and he's in good shape, that's not his issue. It's his attitude and the bridges he burned when he left

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
He has the ability, and he's in good shape, that's not his issue. It's his attitude and the bridges he burned when he left

Well said. Add in the money issue (we dont have much)...and those are the reasons not to sign Plex. Far from his football IQ, or his shape.

thegenerel
07-28-2011, 10:34 AM
for the right price, bring in Plax.

really tough to compare him post-prison to his days with the Steelers. he must have changed (how much, good or bad, remains to be seen)

Hines, Wallace, Sanders, Brown is a nice group, but not tall by any means. do consider Battle and his ST play, and Sweed, who we hope can redeem himself.

adamsteve14
07-28-2011, 10:40 AM
for the right price, bring in Plax.

really tough to compare him post-prison to his days with the Steelers. he must have changed (how much, good or bad, remains to be seen)

Hines, Wallace, Sanders, Brown is a nice group, but not tall by any means. do consider Battle and his ST play, and Sweed, who we hope can redeem himself.

Call me crazy, but I think the lockout could be a blessing for Sweed. We know he has had some concentration/mental issues, so perhaps the lack of OTAs, minicamp, etc. could aid in being a fresh start.

Johnny Rotten
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Ed Bouchette is reporting that Starks could re-sign before the end of training camp. I hope so!

*fingers crossed*

ryan36_1
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Sweed wont be cut until camp. he has one more shot

L to R - Antonio Brown, Gore, Chad Johnson, Plex : this is a month or two old

http://4umf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Ochocinco-and-Plaxico-Burress-work-out.jpg

Chad 85 in his classic picture taking stance.

Strong height inferiority complex is strong.

kethnaab
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
i hope not

unless it's for about $750,000, he can go away and stay away

Big7Ben86
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
glad im not the only one who thinks sweed still has a shot to be a steeler, or maybe thats because i jumped the gun and bought his jersey when he got drafted

idunnolol

kethnaab
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
christ alfukcinmighty....

we just signed fat slob Willie Colon to a 5-year $29 million contract

i'm ****ing speechless

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
christ alfukcinmighty....

we just signed fat slob Willie Colon to a 5-year $29 million contract

i'm ****ing speechless

Jonathon Scott just got resigned too.

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Attn Sweed fans:

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/sweed-dwyer-struggle-in-conditioning-exercises/40840/

Looks like he's used his last lifeline.

thegenerel
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Chad 85 in his classic picture taking stance.

Strong height inferiority complex is strong.

when he posted that picture he said something about how he is on his toes and still Plex is that much taller

thegenerel
07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Attn Sweed fans:

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/sweed-dwyer-struggle-in-conditioning-exercises/40840/

Looks like he's used his last lifeline.

yea, but Tomlin said he did a good job after...I dunno.

maybe his expectations are tempered b/c of the Achilles?

jross2021
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Official list of their moves thus far in case you haven't seen any of them..
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-announce-series-of-moves/d9aabdff-f910-4a07-868e-6cf33edf6aa0

Draft Picks Signed:
Cameron Heyward
Marcus Gilbert
Cortez Allen
Chris Carter
Keith Williams
Baron Batch

Placed on Active/Physically Unable to Perform List:
Hines Ward
Chris Kemoeatu
Eugene Bright

Agreed to contract terms with:
Ike Taylor
Shaun Suisham
Willie Colon
Jonathan Scott

Released:
Max Starks
Flozell Adams
Antwaan Randle El

Currently 3 under the league max of 90 players prior to training camp.

Feels bad not having much to talk about :/

thegenerel
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Feels bad not having much to talk about :/

cool, but dont worry brother.

the Steelers NEVER make news from March-August. they save it all for January and February. let these teams fight the market to fill their roster.

kethnaab
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
i hope to god they don't stay with jonathan scott as their LT

Johnny Rotten
07-29-2011, 08:38 PM
i hope to god they don't stay with jonathan scott as their LT

Weren't you talking about how we don't need Max Starks a couple days ago?

thegenerel
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Weren't you talking about how we don't need Max Starks a couple days ago?

keth was talking about cutting Kemo, so maybe it was someone else that about Max?

kethnaab
07-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Max we needed, but not at $7 million and 400 lbs.

I was talking about Kemo.

Johnny Rotten
07-30-2011, 06:25 AM
keth was talking about cutting Kemo, so maybe it was someone else that about Max?

Max we needed, but not at $7 million and 400 lbs.

I was talking about Kemo.

My bad. I actually like Kemo though (for the run game).:cool: I was looking forward to this being the first season we actually had a top 10 offensive line in a LONG TIME. There's a very fine line between great, good, fair and just plain bad when you judge a lines play as a whole, imo. When the rest is solid, a decent LT who knows his QB's tendencies can take you from 'fair' to 'great'. That's just my opinion...I'd take Starks over almost any cap casualty/free agent on the roster this year.

I want dat der 7th ring. Ben deserves a real line at this point in his career. The Defense as a systematic juggernaut is on the way out soon (when Lebeau and Hampton retire) and we all know that once playoff time comes its Ben's arm, legs (and tackling :D) that wins games.

Who knows? With the way we were discriminated against from a defensive side, officiating wise last season... our offense may be relied upon in the regular season more often than it has been in the past.

..Just look at the Pats...They're at the "restructuring' phase I expect us to be at in 2 years and they are maintaining that team with nothing more than an AMAZING (pass blocking) front line that gives their very capable QB the ability to manage a game without having to rely on defensive dominance, offensive explosion or even 'AFC North type' consistency in the running game. The Steelers' only reasonably obtainable option to maintain dominance within our Conference during our soon-nearing 'transition period' is to follow that blueprint.

So, basically... Give Ben a good pass/draw, delayed run O-line while Tomlin builds his 4-3/Chuck Noll cover 2 defense....:cool:

kethnaab
07-30-2011, 08:56 AM
i think you are underestimating where we'll be 2 years from now.

1) Ben will be in his prime, and Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antonio Brown will be the best starting WR corps in the NFL
2) Lamarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward will be in their primes.

Yes, we need help at OL and CB, but 2 years from now, we're in pretty darn good shape

edit - whaaaaa...?

jross2021
07-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes, we need help at RB

inb4 Baron Batch turns into the next Emmitt Smith

FormulaLT1poweR
07-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antonio Brown will be the best starting WR corps in the NFL

There is no way.

I'm sure a few teams will have something to say about that:
Atlanta = Roddy White + Julio Jones
Philadelphia = DeSean Jackson + Jeremy Maclin
Green Bay = Donald Driver + Greg Jennings + Jordy Nelson (we've already seen this).

Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown got a lot of work ahead of them to be considered as the best starting WR corps in the NFL.

kethnaab
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
inb4 Baron Batch turns into the next Emmitt Smith

no idea where that RB came from, it was supposed to be OL.

2 years from now, Donald Driver will be like 37 years old.
2 years from now, DeSean Jackson will be playing for a different team

thegenerel
07-30-2011, 10:29 AM
There is no way.

I'm sure a few teams will have something to say about that:
Atlanta = Roddy White + Julio Jones
Philadelphia = DeSean Jackson + Jeremy Maclin
Green Bay = Donald Driver + Greg Jennings + Jordy Nelson (we've already seen this).

Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown got a lot of work ahead of them to be considered as the best starting WR corps in the NFL.

we really dont know where any of these guys will be in 2 years but:

-Wallace needs a new deal by then
-hopefully Sanders/Brown improve, but they look like fantastic picks thus far
-Roddy White is 29 (cant believe he is that old), who knows what he will be like at 31
-Julio could bust
-DJax could very well be out of Philly
-Driver could be retired, Jordy Nelson may not be more than a really good 3. Cobb could be a good slot WR for them

jross2021
07-30-2011, 01:00 PM
no idea where that RB came from, it was supposed to be OL.

lol, okay, I was gonna say.. I know running backs have short careers but Mendenall's only 24 :P

FormulaLT1poweR
07-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Steelers sign Sepulveda again. I hope ACL Tear #4 doesn't happen...

Buccos just acquired Derrek Lee from the Orioles.

thegenerel
07-30-2011, 10:46 PM

so they will have 4/5 K/P in camp

and Im glad they got Lee, 1B was the biggest weak spot on the team. On one hand I want them to make moves to win now, but its such a seller's market. of all the years for them NOT to suck. Colorado got Drew Pomeranz from the Indians (14th best prospect) for Ubaldo Jiminez who has seen his pitch speed decline by 3-5 MPH and has a 4.20 ERA this year. granted he is having a down year, and is probably more valuable than any of the current starters.

but wait, the Rockies didnt just get Pomeranz, but the preseason #47 best prospect in addition to two more prospects. that is insane.

ryan36_1
07-31-2011, 06:58 AM

Must have gotten a green light from the MDs - super excited to have him back if he can survive the season.

Good pick up on Lee, at worst a minor upgrade, if he finishes strong as he has in he past a pretty decent upgrade. Hope we don't make any other big moves today. Another bat in the OF would be nice, but not one that requires a fire-sale of our farm system.

ryan36_1
07-31-2011, 07:05 AM
so they will have 4/5 K/P in camp

I think this signing means that Kapinos is there in body only. Unless Sepulvada's leg explodes in the preseason (I am not ruling out this possibility) an this new kid gets the yips, he has zero chance.

thegenerel
07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I think this signing means that Kapinos is there in body only. Unless Sepulvada's leg explodes in the preseason (I am not ruling out this possibility) an this new kid gets the yips, he has zero chance.

they still had Kapinos, signed that punter from Mich State, and thus seemed like Sepulveda was a goner. now the have 3 punters in camp. Most teams carry 2 of each K/P, and one gets mop up duty in preseason games.

and Dennis Dixon wants traded to a team where he could start. ok. the Cardinals love ex-Steelers, they should have sent him there for DRC and said keep the 2nd ;)

really though, if a team deems him starter potential, then the Steelers wont give him away for nothing. DD picked a bad time to request a trade.

thegenerel
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
too bad Batch got hurt, seems like he could have been a help to the club this year.

Srs Thread
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
too bad Batch got hurt, seems like he could have been a help to the club this year.

If by "help the club" you mean "he could have kept Mewelde Moore off the field", then yes he would have helped lol.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Steelers agree to a 1 year contract with WR Jericho Cotchery.

Not a bad signing IMO. I kinda wanted him when he was visiting over the weekend. Allows Sanders and Brown to "learn" rather than produce right away.

jross2021
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Not a bad signing IMO. I kinda wanted him when he was visiting over the weekend. Allows Sanders and Brown to "learn" rather than produce right away.

intredasting.

thegenerel
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Im thinking that Sanders is a bit banged up, same with Hines. Brown has supposedly been really impressive thus far. So now the Steelers have 5 WR that can go out and have confidence in. Sweed is probably done (bummer), and Cotchery is better than ARE.

hmm, looked at the roster. Sweed dropped 14 for 80. until ARE was cut, they Steelers had 10-19 and 80-89 all assigned (12 - Terry Bradshaw). one scrub WR is #8

thegenerel
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
intredasting.

the picture makes me crack up

http://files.sharenator.com/intredasting_RE_Things_a_psychologist_told_me_abou t_girls_pics_on_the_net-s685x567-145147.jpg

kethnaab
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I like Cotch, but if this signing keeps Brown off the field, I'm going to throw a damn egg at Mike Tomlin's house.

hindes204
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Sucks that Batch went down with an acl...seemed lime a good kid

RudeKong
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Sucks that Batch went down with an acl...seemed lime a good kid
probably would have only had 10 touches max so its not such a big deal. Woulda been watching this season from the sidelines anyway.

Big7Ben86
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
like the cotchery signing alot with sanders hurt and brown only in his 2nd year and wallace in his 3rd. just got tickets for next thursday against the all-madden team(eagles)

CANT WAIT(bart scott voice)

jross2021
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
probably would have only had 10 touches max so its not such a big deal. Woulda been watching this season from the sidelines anyway. I was very interested in watching him specifically this preseason.. fuark

thegenerel
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I was very interested in watching him specifically this preseason.. fuark

so was I. read so many good things about him being a potential 3rd down guy. preseason is the time to shine.

I didnt expect him to get 5-10 carries a game (he might be lucky to get 20 all year) but it wont hurt him to learn from Mewelde. plus Batch is a guy we dont need to worry about outside of football. seems like Brown, Sanders, Batch, Hewyard are all top notch guys, which is exciting. Im not one of those "omg this team is out of control" but Im sick of hearing rape jokes.

jross2021
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I didn't get to watch the game, but judging by the stats and by what my brother told me, someone forgot to tell the Redskins it's the pre-season.

thegenerel
08-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I didn't get to watch the game, but judging by the stats and by what my brother told me, someone forgot to tell the Redskins it's the pre-season.

the steelers played without a lot of starters, and the skins left a lot of their guys in. its totally meh, the broncos crushed the steelers last year, and look how the season unfolded.

thegenerel
08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
lol, Baron Batch just posted this. Good Night Sweed Prince

http://c0013914.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_7c703df

jross2021
08-17-2011, 11:30 AM
lol, Baron Batch just posted this. Good Night Sweed Prince

[img]http://c0013914.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_7c703df/img]

lol, really like this dude, hopefully he can recover.. Pittsburgh always seems to get attached to players, I mean we kept Sweed around for 2 years too long, hopefully he gets a chance.

thegenerel
08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
this should be the Pirates thread too. barely enough Steeler talk as is, and no one on here talks Pirates :(

I saw Maholm posted this on twitter. 1st time EVER eating there. wow
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=nmawr.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

speaking of funny pics - Antonio Brown's college picture
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMI9OQWh3ck0IBvPioZh8neT5WxAmLA g3Aw9iTXivpaqsKs7mTng

thegenerel
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
welp, keth was right, Aaron Smith is done. the oline was at an all time low too.

hindes204
10-02-2011, 08:32 AM
welp, keth was right, Aaron Smith is done. the oline was at an all time low too.

The OLine looked horrible last week...they look horrible every week. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long painful season for Ben, constantly running around and getting lit up. The running game also suffers from this terrible OLine, Mendy had a rough go at it last week. We are 2-1 but it's a shaky 2-1. I will stay optimistic, and hope they get a fire under their ass and start playing better.

And General, I know this thread doesn't get much attention, but if you ever want to talk steelers, you can go to www.steelersunivers.com. I've been there since it was founded, good people...there is a bunch of player interviews on there too.

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 08:56 AM
so no reason to complain about drafting Heyward at this point, so much DL help is needed

LT - yes, it is possible to be worse than Jon Scott.
LG - Kemo is sooooooooooooo bad in pass protection
C - Yinzers say Pouncey isnt the same, but he looks like he is trying to cover for both guards
RG - Foster is a backup
RT - Gilbert is raw and inexperienced, but at least he should improve. He looks to be a guy that will get better each game instead of a bust.

DE - Kiesel, where are you? Aaron Smith...we love you. You are are top notch on and off the field, but your career is over. Ziggy, please get ready to play LE when Kiesel returns. Heyward, be ready to play.
NT - Snack...I too would be scared if I knew teams were looking to fire 350 pound guards into my kneecaps.
ILB - Farrior you look like 2009 Farrior, not 2010 Farrior. Foote, you arent helping. Timmons is starting to regain form.

CB - Keenan Lewis, you might actually be worth that R3 pick. Although you got matched up against Walter and Jones, not exactly a scary duo.

so it certainly makes sense why the Steelers place a high priority on drafting DL. unfortunately this was the year we all feared, when the team starts to show its age.

Johnny Rotten
10-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Still waiting for the headline "Pittsburgh signs former Steeler, free agent, Max Starks"

davebar
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Sup, thegenerel

I was at the Texans game yesterday, and the stadium was about 40% Pittsburgh fans. It was like ever other seat was a steelers jersey.

I respect Big ben and polamalu, the dude for his size is a beast, but the score should have been 31-10

Texans block a FG, which in the NFL rarely ever happens, then run it back for a TD, gets called back cause Daniel Manning blocks the kicker in the back, thats fine, but what got me was Texans pin Steelers deep on the 1 yrd line, blitz and blow up Big ben in the end zone, he throws a pick 6 that gets called back for roughing the passer. If you saw the replay, that was a terrible call on the refs just because its Big Ben.

I applaud you thegenerel for being from pittsburg and being a true fan, unlike half of reliant stadium with all the banwagon fans that the texans season tix holders sold their tickets too.

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Texans pin Steelers deep on the 1 yrd line, blitz and blow up Big ben in the end zone, he throws a pick 6 that gets called back for roughing the passer. If you saw the replay, that was a terrible call on the refs just because its Big Ben.

Ben never gets calls, but he doesnt talk to the media about it like Vick. the rule is no hitting below the knee, and Watt got Ben right where he was not supposed to.

DoubtErased
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Ben never gets calls, but he doesnt talk to the media about it like Vick. the rule is no hitting below the knee, and Watt got Ben right where he was not supposed to.

This

GOD our pass protection is just AWFUL. Essex plz go!

davebar
10-03-2011, 01:21 PM

It's called the Tom Brady rule

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
It's called the Tom Brady rule

not officially is it?

I try to remove my bias as much as possible, but Ben's wreckless style seems to keep the flags in the back pockets. hell Haloti Ngata clubbed him in the face (I assume unintentionally) and broke his nose. no call.

hindes204
10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
A fan since birth, I've always been an optimist, but this year may be the year that most steelers fans have seen coming. The defense is starting to slow and no longer intimidates opponents. Our run defense is terrible, 119.5 a game. The younger guys on defense aren't stepping up either, I'm dumbfounded. -10 turnover differential is by far the worst in the NFL, the defense isn't forcing them, and Ben is giving them up...most likely because he has less than 2 seconds to think before he is clobbered.

It may be another long season following a super bowl appearance.

kethnaab
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
so no reason to complain about drafting Heyward at this point, so much DL help is needed

LT - yes, it is possible to be worse than Jon Scott. shocking, isn't it? There's a reason Trai Essex gets released and NOBODY but the Steelers call him up
LG - Kemo is sooooooooooooo bad in pass protection soooooooo bad....at everything. He spends so much of his time either tripping, falling, or staring off into space, blocking nobody
C - Yinzers say Pouncey isnt the same, but he looks like he is trying to cover for both guards
RG - Foster is a backup but better than Legursky. The few times we did sweeps with Pouncey and Foster sweeping, it worked. Then of course we didn't do that again because, you know, it worked, and Arians is a ****ing imbecile
RT - Gilbert is raw and inexperienced, but at least he should improve. He looks to be a guy that will get better each game instead of a bust.

DE - Kiesel, where are you? Aaron Smith...we love you. You are are top notch on and off the field, but your career is over. Ziggy, please get ready to play LE when Kiesel returns. Heyward, be ready to play. Aaron Smith is done. Thank you for your service Demolition Man.
NT - Snack...I too would be scared if I knew teams were looking to fire 350 pound guards into my kneecaps. he needs to start atomic kneedropping dickbrains that do that. They'll stop eventually
ILB - Farrior you look like 2009 Farrior, not 2010 Farrior. Foote, you arent helping. Timmons is starting to regain form. Timmons and Woodley have been nonexistent. Farrior and Foote need to get on with their life's work

CB - Keenan Lewis, you might actually be worth that R3 pick. Although you got matched up against Walter and Jones, not exactly a scary duo. round 5 actually. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown looks good

so it certainly makes sense why the Steelers place a high priority on drafting DL. unfortunately this was the year we all feared, when the team starts to show its age.

yep. We need to do what we have to do to achieve more 1st and 2nd rounders. I'd float Mendenhall for a 1st, easily, possibly even a 2nd and a 3rd/4th

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
yep. We need to do what we have to do to achieve more 1st and 2nd rounders. I'd float Mendenhall for a 1st, easily, possibly even a 2nd and a 3rd/4th

Keth, this might be one of the few times you are wrong!

Keenan Lewis (born May 17, 1986 in New Orleans, Louisiana) is an American football cornerback for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Oregon State.

kethnaab
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
well sumbitch. forgot we had 3x third rounders that season. I was thinking of Burnett. *salute* well done. Hopefully he pans out. He's looked pretty average, but on those deep routes, he is far better than anyone else, possibly even Ike, at getting his head turned around.

He's terrible in space though. He'd get eaten alive by a quick guy in the slot. But that's what Brown will do for us, hopefully

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
well sumbitch. forgot we had 3x third rounders that season. I was thinking of Burnett. *salute* well done. Hopefully he pans out. He's looked pretty average, but on those deep routes, he is far better than anyone else, possibly even Ike, at getting his head turned around.

He's terrible in space though. He'd get eaten alive by a quick guy in the slot. But that's what Brown will do for us, hopefully

Lewis came from Oregon St, Burnett was the CB/PR from UCF that dropped the INT against the Raiders.

kethnaab
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
some of these I hit home runs, others I f'ed up royally.
My picks are always biased toward teams I watch a lot (PAC-10, Michigan, OSU, Florida/Texas colleges, Purdue, Notre Dame, and hometown + opponents)

don't worry Steelers fans, I won't quit my day job.

2007 - Kendall Simmons had diabetes, Alan Faneca was bitchy and grumpy, Max Starks was too soft to be a RT, Porter was out the door, Clark Haggans was right behind him, Farrior was old, Foote was not good. Most importantly, Jeff Hartings was about to retire. priorities - C = #1 priority, LBs and OL after that. If Revis falls to us, all bets are off. Hometown boy tore $hit up at Pitt? Oh hell yes. Gimme.

1) Patrick Willis was gone, David Harris was a Michigan boy. David Harris, welcome to the Steelers. (We took Lawrence Timmons who wasn't even on my radar)
2) Ryan Kalil was easily the pick here. If he wasn't, it would've been Justin Blalock or Lamarr Woodley)
3) Blalock was off the board, so Marshall Yanda or Doug Free was next. I saw Yanda play, never really saw Free much, was going off of word of mouth. We took Matt Waste of Spaeth
4a) In a million years, I wouldn't move up to draft a punter, nor would I trade multiple picks for a punter, but I'll roll with it anyway. We took Sepulveda, I would've taken Baraka Atkins, fast as hell DE who was about 265 (who has done jack squat)
4b) We took Ryan McBean. Ungodly. I had Jacob Ford here as a bunch of Steelers forum regulars were pimping him. he ended up going 2 rounds later (d'oh!)
5a) We took Cam Stephenson. I had Corey Graham pegged, as a big CB with good speed that could possibly go FS
5b) The infamous Willaim Gay pick. I had Desmond Bishop all the way after watching him tear the Washington Huskies apart (wife is a graduate, we have a deal)
7) We had no 6th, we took Dallas Baker here. I had Jonathan Palmer. EDIT - looked it up, couldn't remember who he was. He was a OT from Auburn that never played a snap in his career. D'oh!

2008 had me livid.

1) Mendenahall - Matt Forte was my 2nd favorite behind Jonthan Stewart, but Mendenhall was a good pick, it grew on me until I saw that he ran with a tampon in
2) Limas Sweed - Ben asked for a tall WR, he was here, I was all over him like white on rice (or stink on ****, in this case)
3) Bruce Davis - quite possibly the most rage-inducing pick. I was freaking out that Cliff Avril was still available. Been watching Purdue since Rod Woodson's days. Wanted Avrill in the worst way.
4) Tony Hills - I wanted Kellen Davis, big tall kid with serious speed. FAIL!
5) We took Dennis F'ing Dixon, which made me want to scream. Carl Nicks should've been the pick then, as it should be now. 345 lb OT from Nebraska that was faster and more explosive than Sam Baker (now THAT pick blew my mind).
6a) Peyton Hillis goddammit!! STeelers' fukcin' football!!! Kreider was gone, Willie Parker was getting slow, this was the year to grab a pair of big beastly RBs and get back to Steelers football. F'ing Arians needs to f'ing die. We took Mike f'ing Humpal
6) Went after Ryan Mundy here, who was looking good at WVU. I though this pick was fine but I was still raging that we didn't go after Hillis. Since we hadn't upgraded our tackles yet, I wanted Geoff Schwartz also, who has had a long, non-illustrious career as a backup with the Panthers behind Jeff Otah

so that season, where we went to the SB, we would've had an offensive line like this:

Marvel Smith (Max Starks) - Carl Nicks - Ryan Kalil - Marshall Yanda - Willie Colon

our RBs would've been Willie Parker, Peyton Hillis, and Matt Forte
our LBs would've been James Harrison, David Harris, James Farrior, and either Jacob Ford or Cliff Avril

so at this point, our OL would've been substantially better, but would the idiot Bruce Arians know what to do with them?

not sure how it would've gone at LB. Harris is smarter and "thumpier" than Timmons, but nowhere near as explosive, at least, before he was weighed down by his wallet. Ford, Avril, and Desmond Bishop would've made up an interesting rotation at OLB, not sure if any of them would've stuck, although I'm betting at least one of them would've been good. As good as Woodley? Doubt it.

kethnaab
10-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Lewis came from Oregon St, Burnett was the CB/PR from UCF that dropped the INT against the Raiders.

yeah, and that wsa the year that Tomlin's ass tried to blame both that game and another on Limas Sweed. Sweed dropped a hail mary in a sea of confusion, and Burnett dropped a pick

THAT'S why we lost, right? Jagoff. He pissed me off.

going to do 2009 - 2010 in a minute

thegenerel
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I wish we could find another Carl Nicks in mid-late rounds :(

the funny thing about Avril is that the Steelers were BIG on him before the draft. I hate to look back on missed picks because the Steelers are still really, really good at what they do and we wouldnt do any better, but some guys they missed on...argh. I really dont want to bring this up, bc we have no idea what Worilds can become, but Sean Lee would look damn good playing beside Timmons (or at least spelling both)

kethnaab
10-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I wish we could find another Carl Nicks in mid-late rounds :(

the funny thing about Avril is that the Steelers were BIG on him before the draft. I hate to look back on missed picks because the Steelers are still really, really good at what they do and we wouldnt do any better, but some guys they missed on...argh. I really dont want to bring this up, bc we have no idea what Worilds can become, but Sean Lee would look damn good playing beside Timmons (or at least spelling both)

that's what kills me. Sean Lee and Cliff Avril both. Christ almighty, how the hell did we miss these? Carl Nicks was a 340-lb mauler with feet!!!

anyway. water under the bridge.

1) Ziggy - I was desperate for a C, abut I wanted Mack and Wood. I was all over Alex Mack here, but I thought Ziggy was a great pick since both Wood and Mack went already. I also had a hardon for Everette Brown but with Woodley and Harrison tearin' it up, I didn't see the point. I would've been happy with Little Animal too, as Timmons wasn't really producing yet and Farrior wasn't getting any younger.

3a, b, c) We had 3 thirds that year due to trade ups and at the time, to be quite honest, I liked all of the picks. In retrospect, the only "bad" pick of the 3 was Urbik. Since we didn't have a C at the time, I thought we were getting multiple picks here to grab Jonathan Luigs. We ended up with Keenan Lewis, Mike Wallace, and Kraig Urbik. One of the guys on steelerfury loved Wallace, but I kinda wanted Louis Murphy because he was big and fast and unlike Sweed, seemed like he could catch. Ha!

5a, b) no 4th rounders. I was ok with the Summers pick as he was pimped quite a bit prior to the draft, although we would've had no DAMNED NEED for him if we would've grabbed Hillis. *snarl* Burnett was the other dude. This was prior to 2009, Townsend was old, McFadden was elsewhere. I liked Morgan Trent (another Michigan dude). Couldn't understand why we went with a smaller, slower CB in Burnett who faced less competition, but as it turns out, we were both wrong.

6) We went with Rashon Harris, and I was pretty happy with that pick. Kinda surprised he hasn't turned out too much

7a) AQ Shipley - i was ecstatic with this pick. I thought for sure he would hang with us, but alas, Tyrannosaur's cannot play OL with those short stumpy arms. I figured he was the reason we hadn't drafted any other Centers

7b) We took David Johnson, which puzzled me because he was a 6'2 TE who had horrible hands. Little did I know we took him to be a FB, which we wouldn't have needed to do if we had only drafted PEYTON F'ING HILLIS!!! (i'm not mad)

1) Pouncey was the pick and once SF grabbed Iupati, it was all Pouncey. The only competition there was from Bryan Bulaga. Ironically enough, if we had grabbed Kalil a few years earlieer like I wanted, we could've taken Bulaga, but oh no, we thought Mahan was the answer. *eyeroll*

2) Jason Worilds - I screamed, quite loudly for some time. If we had grabbed Avril, Bishop, and (possibly) Jacob Ford to compete for OLB....but yeah. There were so many guys I wanted, primarily Sean Lee or Jon Asamoah. I also wanted Jared Veldheer but did NOT think Oakland would take him so early.

3) Emmanuel Sanders - didn't want him, I was pissed because we made the moron idiot move of dumping Santonio for a frickin' 5th rounder. We blew off Sean Lee earlier, so I figured we were going for Navorro Bowman, but again we f'ed up by dumping Santonio for a song, so we were forced into this. At this point, Bruce Campbell was still on the board and I figured we might go for him simply due to athleticism. Yeah, he was overhyped, but the 3rd round is a great place for the most retardedly athletic 300-lber on the planet.

4) Thad Gibson - loved this pick. Was amazed he was on the board. Ha! Jokes on me. If it wasn't himi, I wanted Akwasi Owusu-Ansah who was a local guy (Indiana, PA), CB, who was like 6', 215 lbs and was blazing fast. Had huge measurables. Wanted the Steelers to grab him and coach him up

5a, b, c) Chris Scott, Crezdon Butler, Stevenson Sylvester - like the Scott and Butler picks, was amazed with our 3rd LB in the draft. Simply amazed.

6a, b) Jonathan Dwyer and Antonio Brown - very happy with Dwyer (little did I know how lazy he was), was meh on the Brown pick, I was still wondering when we'd draft Farrior's replacement, I liked Jamar Chaney and Dekoda Watson, and I was kinda pulling for Myron Rolle (I was desperate after the Gay Experiment of 2009)

7) Doug Worthington - had no clue about him, I had watched several OSU games to get an eye on Thad Gibson (who I really liked) and didn't really remember much of Worthington

2011 - was irate we didn't try to get Blalock, Dahl, or Clabo from the Falcons, all of whom were Free agents.

1) Cam Heyward - was torn between him, Ras-I Dowling, Ben Ijalana, and Akeem Ayers

2) Marcus Gilbert - panic pick, just like Urbik in 2009. When Wisniewski, Ijalana, and then Rodney Hudson were gone, I think we panicked. Gilbert was one of the last guys I wanted, along with Orlando Franklin, as they seemed slow and lazy.

3) Curtis Brown - was ecstatic with this pick, as I was afraid we would go for Aaron Williams, and I thought Brown would be better and cheaper

4) Fell over when Rashad Carmichael went right off before Cortez Allen. Wanted Owen Marecic too, but Arians is an ******* who doesn't use a fullback (instead he tries to force a short TE with crappy hands and crappy blocking skills to pretend, because Arians is a ****ing moron dickbrain)

5) Had no clue who Chris Carter was, but damn I liked how he looked in preseason. Was kinda surprised DeMarcus Love was still available but he was soft as cotton. Also liked Greg Jones

6) Keith Williams - he's an offensive lineman, so I liked the pick. Unfortunately, we let him go. Damn shame we decided to wait this long to grab a damn Cornhusker OT.

7) Baron Batch - another kid that looked good, although I was leaning toward Lee Ziemba

jross2021
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Looks like Harrison's out for at least 2 weeks with a fractured orbital bone..

And apparently Ben will more than likely be able to play sunday.. (not sure if good or bad at this point)

hindes204
10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Starks came for a workout today...anything is an upgrade at this point. Reports are hes lost quite a bit of weight and looks good. Put him at RT and move Gilbert over to LT.

thegenerel
10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Looks like Harrison's out for at least 2 weeks with a fractured orbital bone..

And apparently Ben will more than likely be able to play sunday.. (not sure if good or bad at this point)

So Harrison is out 4 weeks, Worilds is out at least this week. Timmons to ROLB, Foote to RILB. this is getting bad. At this rate we will be like the Colts and add a great player in R1 to a team that slumped.

Starks came for a workout today...anything is an upgrade at this point. Reports are hes lost quite a bit of weight and looks good. Put him at RT and move Gilbert over to LT.

Max is back!

DCocK
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
thank you for making it so Andre Johnson won't play against the Ravens.

thegenerel
10-05-2011, 07:29 AM

inb4 Jacoby Jones catches 3 bombs

Johnny Rotten
10-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Still waiting for the headline "Pittsburgh signs former Steeler, free agent, Max Starks"
Wow, I only had to wait 2 days lol.

kethnaab
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM

yeah, Keenan Lewis threw out his ninja caltraps on the ground, dropped AJohn like a ton of bricks.

Wow, I only had to wait 2 days lol.

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/6/60/Gandalf04.jpg
http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/tv/img/14877_dumbledore.jpg
http://www.joyofdirectmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/funny_wizard-300x300.jpg
http://www.thefoosballwizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ozwizard.jpg

hindes204
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Starks' signing worked out well for the Steelers...got him at vet minimum, and hes gonna want to play hard to try and get a contract somewhere next year. Hes not great, but hes definitely an upgrade, Im am excite.

kethnaab
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
downright frightening that this season, suddenly, is looking up on the offensive side of the ball

incredible how good a completely average LT like Max Starks can look in comparison to the 325-lb sacks of **** we rolled out there this season and last

Johnny Rotten
10-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Guys are getting too down in here. We'll be in the playoffs again. 10-6, 9-7 at the worst. Chill out.

BTW...Starks is the #2 guy on the o-line now after Pouncey. It's true and you know it so think about it. Pouncey is possibly the best O-linemen in the NFL so that may not be not a bad thing, but maybe a really good thing. O-lines need time to build chemistry to become solid and we know this. So don't sweat this shiz. The season is young. Starks is Bens right hand man and we all know that LT's are a passing QB's best friend...it's a good thing that Max is actually Ben's best friend in real life.

As for the D. No prob. We never use our full scheme and we always appear to be slow out of the gate because of it. It's not because we're off...It's because we're playing standard cover-2, zone blitz D while our guys get the feel and get in the groove...By week 7-8 we'll be the best D in the league again. By playoff time we'll be playing REAL Lebeau defense.

Once again, chill. Rooney and Tomlin got this. :cool:

Mitch1313
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I love my Steelers! Nothing to worry about, rough start, people are injured, its not Big Bens fault he is playing like crap, the line isnt protecting him and half the starting line is out!
They will bounce back into Steeler football soon, Ben should be playing this week, and mendenhall isn't ruled out yet, Harrison is only out for 2-3 weeks, they re-signed Max Starks.
I think they will bounce back this weekend against the Titans.

And Mike Wallace just isnt a deep threat anymore. Not worried, Steelers will be back when they don't have so many injuries

kethnaab
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Max is a step in the right direction. Thankfully, the oldsters who need to sit are starting to slowly fall out due to injury.

Mitch1313
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Max is a step in the right direction. Thankfully, the oldsters who need to sit are starting to slowly fall out due to injury.

I agree... defense is getting old, even though they deny it.

and Mirin' legs holy **** (no homo) whats your lifts? lol

ChuteBoxeFC
10-05-2011, 11:24 PM
How do Steelers fans feel about Mark Madden?

thegenerel
10-06-2011, 02:02 PM

he is a big time loudmouth and instigates the moron yinzers a lot. most of what he says is to rile up the idiot masses.

sometimes he is annoying, but by far the best sports guy around. he has let it slip he models his on air personality after Ric Flair, so I always keep that in mind when listening to him.

kethnaab
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
and Mirin' legs holy **** (no homo) whats your lifts? lol

top lifts (before the cavalcade of surgeries) were 545x3 and 425x20 on back squat, 385x3 front squat, 585x3 deadlift. Fairly certain those are correct, give or take 5-10 lbs.

the separation is from doing kettlebell lunges up and down the gym on high-intensity cardio days right after the stepmill

he's an obnoxious douchebag, but he is obnoxious on purpose. It's part of his personna. Take what he says with a grain of salt, he's a sensationalist, just like so many other sports "journalists" and on-air personalities.

Mitch1313
10-06-2011, 07:32 PM
top lifts (before the cavalcade of surgeries) were 545x3 and 425x20 on back squat, 385x3 front squat, 585x3 deadlift. Fairly certain those are correct, give or take 5-10 lbs.

the separation is from doing kettlebell lunges up and down the gym on high-intensity cardio days right after the stepmill

Damn impressive lifts! Hope to be there one day.

Back on topic, Go Steelers!
I think they will be able to get there sh!t together this weekend, they need to get back to Steeler football and that top ranked defense.
Hopefully once everyone gets healed up in a few weeks they will be back into the grove.
Not worried yet at all still early.

kethnaab
10-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Max is a good start. I can only hope all these injuries force our stubborn OC and DC to alter their gameplans.

We have the talent, it just rides the pine because our coord's love to play teacher's pet.

thegenerel
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
sidenote, the Pens looked great tonight. I almost shed a tear of joy watching #71 out there, especially when he tooled Luongo

trek_6k
10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
top lifts (before the cavalcade of surgeries) were 545x3 and 425x20 on back squat, 385x3 front squat, 585x3 deadlift.

Off topic, but 425x20 and only 545x3? WTF?!?!? That is absolutely insane. If someone told me they did 20 reps of 425, I would guess 600+ for reps of 5 or less. Wow.

Big7Ben86
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
looked good in the win today, much better than most thought

ben was sharp with the 3 step drops

kethnaab
10-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Off topic, but 425x20 and only 545x3? WTF?!?!? That is absolutely insane. If someone told me they did 20 reps of 425, I would guess 600+ for reps of 5 or less. Wow.

army training, tough to do real powerlifting if you gotta run 3x per week. :/

Max is a good start. I can only hope all these injuries force our stubborn OC and DC to alter their gameplans.
We have the talent, it just rides the pine because our coord's love to play teacher's pet.

time for me to don the wizard hat.

Kemo sits, Starks is back, OL looks better.
Aaron Smith sits, Ziggy starts, McFadden is out, Lewis is getting better. Heyward steps in and gets some real playing time and all of a sudden, we look like a team that doesn't suck.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Great points Keth. I think Ben looks much more comfortable with Max Starks at LT. Not only from Starks play, but also their friendship. Don't forget about Hoke either. He always plays with a motor when given the chance. Our defense still looked shaky, but much, MUCH better. We got some easy games these 2 weeks...lets not get complacent and overlook JAX and ARI.

hindes204
10-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Everything seemed to be clicking yesterday, they actually looked like the Steelers.

thegenerel
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
just a heads up, if you guys ever want Steelers/Pens tix I will sell them at face value. We have corporate tix for both and sell a bunch of them, I would stand under a bridge with the crackhead scalpers than deal with some of these people. Just sold some Pens tix last night

Woman buyer: Where are you located and where can I come to get the tix tomorrow during the day?
Me: We are located (XXXX) and our office is open until 5
Woman (recurring trend w/ this gender): I work downtown and leave work at 5

Me: pondering if the tix can give me enough of a paper cut on my wrist to bleed out.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
just a heads up, if you guys ever want Steelers/Pens tix I will sell them at face value. We have corporate tix for both and sell a bunch of them, I would stand under a bridge with the crackhead scalpers than deal with some of these people. Just sold some Pens tix last night

Woman buyer: Where are you located and where can I come to get the tix tomorrow during the day?

Me: pondering if the tix can give me enough of a paper cut on my wrist to bleed out.

Do you have all the Steeler games available?

PM me the games available, and what face value is for the seats. Do you have multiples...2 tickets, 4 tickets / game, etc?

Big7Ben86
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM

lol thats downtown pittsburgh for you...will these pens tix be available all season?

thegenerel
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
lol thats downtown pittsburgh for you...will these pens tix be available all season?

yup, we have full season tix. i use some, some are given away.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-10-2011, 03:53 PM
yup, we have full season tix. i use some, some are given away.

I'll take ANY that are given away ;)

thegenerel
10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll take ANY that are given away ;)

i will disregard pens tix if you can acquire me revenue

FormulaLT1poweR
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
i will disregard pens tix if you can acquire me revenue

Haha. Even free tickets will require me to pay insane airline prices or gas prices! FML :(

thegenerel
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
thank you

hines has never blocked someone straight up while they were looking at him, he just finds defenders looking at the ball carrier and lays them out

I saw this kid crying in another thread, posted it here for the lulz.

want to guess who he is a fan of?

Mitch1313
10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hines pulled a Troy Polamalu that game hahaha, jumping over that guy, that was so legit.
Glad the Steelers got their **** together finally last weekend, hopefully they can keep it up, ( ya I know it was the titans but whatever) looks like good ol' Steelers football again finally.
Hope they can keep up with that next weekend against Jacksonville.

Johnny Rotten
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
OT but does anyone else have the feeling that Cowher may end up as the GM in Oakland?

thegenerel
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
OT but does anyone else have the feeling that Cowher may end up as the GM in Oakland?

I have never heard that rumor...really?

Johnny Rotten
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I have never heard that rumor...really?Not a rumor yet but I just read that the Raiders plan on hiring a GM that work in concert with the Head Coach, based on the model of Colbert and Tomlin.

I always thought Cowher might be holding out for Colberts gig in Pittburgh but the Raiders gig doesn't sound bad either...and I'm sure it pays a lot more.

thegenerel
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Not a rumor yet but I just read that the Raiders plan on hiring a GM that work in concert with the Head Coach, based on the model of Colbert and Tomlin.

I always thought Cowher might be holding out for Colberts gig in Pittburgh but the Raiders gig doesn't sound bad either...and I'm sure it pays a lot more.

hmm, interesting. although he quit football to be with his family, so moving to Oakland will mean he wont see them much

Johnny Rotten
10-11-2011, 01:13 PM
hmm, interesting. although he quit football to be with his family, so moving to Oakland will mean he wont see them muchTrue, but I think both of his daughters are out of school now. I know one of them just got married. Plus his wife died last year so IDK.

FormulaLT1poweR
10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
True, but I think both of his daughters are out of school now. I know one of them just got married. Plus his wife died last year so IDK.

I think he'd do something if it opened up on the East coast...but certainly not Oakland. That's clear across the country from where his daughters are at, etc. I heard somewhere that ever since his wife died, he and the daughters got a lot closer...and spend more time together. Depending on where she is buried too...I'd assume he'd want to be close to visit etc.

kethnaab
10-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Hines pulled a Troy Polamalu that game hahaha, jumping over that guy, that was so legit.

did that to Champ Bailey either last year or the year prior. He has looked like garbage all season, it's like he drank a few red bulls before this game or something

I think he'd do something if it opened up on the East coast...but certainly not Oakland. That's clear across the country from where his daughters are at, etc. I heard somewhere that ever since his wife died, he and the daughters got a lot closer...and spend more time together. Depending on where she is buried too...I'd assume he'd want to be close to visit etc.

yeah, don't think he's going to the west coast. I REALLY thought the Panthers would push hard for him

FormulaLT1poweR
10-11-2011, 04:21 PM
did that to Champ Bailey either last year or the year prior. He has looked like garbage all season, it's like he drank a few red bulls before this game or something

yeah, don't think he's going to the west coast. I REALLY thought the Panthers would push hard for him

Hines did it to Champ in 2009 on MNF. I was at the game ;)

I did too, not sure how he'd do in Carolina...but I thought they'd charge for him. NYG could be an option this year...if Coughlin can't get something turned around.

hindes204
10-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Aaron Smith on IR...this pretty much spells the end for him. What a great career this guy had, he will be missed.

kethnaab
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
vote for the Steelers

there's a damn conspiracy by the Browns fans to get us kicked!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139622773&page=2

thegenerel
11-11-2011, 01:17 PM
are we gonna win this again?

Johnny Rotten
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Been away from the misc for a week...came back just in time. :)

jross2021
11-11-2011, 01:57 PM
just eliminated the Packers, feels good man.

Saw Keth and someone else got in on the Cowboys, glad to see we eliminated 2 teams that beat Pitt in the superbowl since '95.

kethnaab
11-11-2011, 02:10 PM
just eliminated the Packers, feels good man.

Saw Keth and someone else got in on the Cowboys, glad to see we eliminated 2 teams that beat Pitt in the superbowl since '95.

well, we're 2-1 vs. the Cowboys. Once Woodley comes back, hopefully we'll be 1-1 vs. the Packers in the SB by next Feb. :D

Big7Ben86
11-11-2011, 07:04 PM
ravens nearing elimination, solid comeback by us

Johnny Rotten
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
well, we're 2-1 vs. the Cowboys. Once Woodley comes back, hopefully we'll be 1-1 vs. the Packers in the SB by next Feb. :D
I'm looking forward to going 1-0 against the 9ers. We'll let the Pack watch from home this time. :cool:

ravens nearing elimination, solid comeback by usNOt only a comeback save but the destruction of our enemies! :D

thegenerel
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
who should we destroy?

4 Buffalo Bills
16 Miami Dolphins

8 Cleveland Browns

21 Houston Texans
7 Jacksonville Jaguars

8 Denver Broncos
11 Oakland Raiders
7 San Diego Chargers

7 New York Giants
6 Washington Redskins

11 Chicago Bears
4 Detroit Lions

5 Atlanta Falcons
11 Carolina Panthers
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3 Arizona Cardinals
6 St. Louis Rams
20 San Francisco 49ers

Browns should be first to go.

FormulaLT1poweR
11-15-2011, 06:58 PM
who should we destroy?

4 Buffalo Bills
16 Miami Dolphins

8 Cleveland Browns

21 Houston Texans
7 Jacksonville Jaguars

8 Denver Broncos
11 Oakland Raiders
7 San Diego Chargers

7 New York Giants
6 Washington Redskins

11 Chicago Bears
4 Detroit Lions

5 Atlanta Falcons
11 Carolina Panthers
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3 Arizona Cardinals
6 St. Louis Rams
20 San Francisco 49ers

Browns should be first to go.

I'm voting for the Panthers, and will bring down the Browns next.
Too many haters for the Steelers to win AGAIN :p

Mitch1313
11-15-2011, 07:10 PM
That was bull**** how we got voted out....

bunch of bull**** bandwagon phaggots on 49ers phaggy time.
Same with dolphins

get rid of 49ers.
I'm down to vote for Panthers too, I like Cam Newton.

And FormulaLT1poweR - You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FormulaLT1poweR again. :( lol will get you eventually.

Reppin all my other Steelers Brahs in here

hindes204
11-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Was too busy to log on today and vote, doesn't look like it would have made a difference anyway with all the ****in haters in that thread

Big7Ben86
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
wow, away from my computer for a day or 2 and we go down hard

thegenerel
11-16-2011, 05:43 AM
yea but we outlasted the Cowboys and Packers so it isnt bad. I like how all these brand new, random accounts come out of nowhere to vote the Steelers down.

RollinSwollin28
11-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Steelers is America's team. Any1 who disagrees is an idiot

Mitch1313
11-16-2011, 09:48 AM
yea but we outlasted the Cowboys and Packers so it isnt bad. I like how all these brand new, random accounts come out of nowhere to vote the Steelers down.

ya... like 5 random ass accounts with like 10 reps and no posts just come in and vote down lol...

like how bandwagoned up the 49ers are with like 30 votes

DubV
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
logged in to say the Short Hills Village of Pittsburgh is such a nice neighborhood

wouldlivethere/10

thegenerel
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
logged in to say the Short Hills Village of Pittsburgh is such a nice neighborhood

wouldlivethere/10

South Hills Village is the mall, South Hills is the area.

I live/work there. Im 5 mins from that mall right now. booty call?

kethnaab
11-16-2011, 01:08 PM

I used to clean house at Street Fighter II: Champion Edition at South Hills mall.

kid that worked there used to get PEEEESED because he would trash everyone in SFII with Guile, but he couldn't hang with me in SFII:CE.

then that whole army thing happened. :p

thegenerel
11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I used to clean house at Street Fighter II: Champion Edition at South Hills mall.

kid that worked there used to get PEEEESED because he would trash everyone in SFII with Guile, but he couldn't hang with me in SFII:CE.

I remember there used to be a few arcades in the mall, but Im not sure if they are still around. I live right by there and hardly go. online shopping >>> hating life inside the mall

DubV
11-16-2011, 09:19 PM

You know it, brah. Seriously though I was just in the area because a friend had to go to the Apple store for his iphone so we made a mini road trip. How much are the houses around there? My 2 friends and I loved the town. Seems like a really nice/safe area.

thegenerel
11-16-2011, 09:31 PM
You know it, brah. Seriously though I was just in the area because a friend had to go to the Apple store for his iphone so we made a mini road trip. How much are the houses around there? My 2 friends and I loved the town. Seems like a really nice/safe area.

its a little pricey. Peters Twp, Upper St Clair, and Mount Lebanon are all in that area and some of the more upscale and better school districts in Pittsburgh. Then there is Bethel Park/South Park/Chartiers that is a step down in both.

The mall is pretty much on the border of St Clair and Bethel Park. homes are fairly expensive as its the suburbs AND top notch schools attract families. Peters is probably the cheapest of the nicer 3 as its in Washington County (lower taxes). Id probably pick Mt Lebo over St Clair, as Lebo has this main street strip with a bunch of nice places to eat and live, its 5 mins north of South Hills Village mall. A ton of athletes live in Peters, St Clair, and Lebo.

Overall though, Pittsburgh is a cheap place to live, so you would be able to find a place pretty cheap for 3 guys.

hindes204
11-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I remember there used to be a few arcades in the mall, but Im not sure if they are still around. I live right by there and hardly go. online shopping >>> hating life inside the mall

You guys mustve lived in the nice part of Pgh...my hangout was Parkway Center Mall, which was still located in a better neighborhood than mine, lol

thegenerel
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
You guys mustve lived in the nice part of Pgh...my hangout was Parkway Center Mall, which was still located in a better neighborhood than mine, lol

that is only like 15-20 mins from where I live. Greentree isnt far.

hindes204
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
that is only like 15-20 mins from where I live. Greentree isnt far.

I grew up in Sheraden, up the street from McKees Rocks. Take a ride through there on day, it's nice (not srs)

Most of my family lives in Carnegie these days

Big7Ben86
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM

i used to work at that dicks back in my high school days

EDIT: @ Hindes parkway center mall used to be awesome. The addition of Robinson mall basically destroyed parkway center, there are about 3 or 4 stores in there now and only about half of a floor is being used

kethnaab
11-28-2011, 09:23 AM
ok, so it is becoming increasingly apparent that Troy and James Harrison are going to go the way of Aaron Smith. Unfortunately, they throw their bodies around and end up injured far too often. This isn't a knock on them, as if they played like pussies, they wouldn't get injured.

Deebo's back gave out on him 2 games after he returned and he was invisible vs. the Chiefs. Aaron Smith played his last down with the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this season, and Troy is on his, what, 2nd or 3rd concussion just this season (that they keep covering up). Oh, I know. "it's just a stinger".

riiiiiiiiight.

Worilds played like his balls finally dropped. He might be a man after all. I like Chris Carter, he has quickness like nobody's business, his first step is immense. Neither can touch Deebo when he's healthy, but Worilds has already shown that he's better than an injured Deebo. Mundy filled in nicely for Troy, and considering how average Troy has been this season due in large part (my opinion) to his multiple head injuries, I think it's time to start moving on. Not a criticism, he's a great all-time Pittsburgh Steeler and one of the top 5 safeties of the Super Bowl era, but gotta face reality. He gets injured, and his style of play will cause more injuries. He only has a limited time and a limited capacity to sustain head injuries before he'll need to stop playing football for his own health.

so yeah. random thoughts after getting to finally watch the game

FormulaLT1poweR
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
ok, so it is becoming increasingly apparent that Troy and James Harrison are going to go the way of Aaron Smith. Unfortunately, they throw their bodies around and end up injured far too often. This isn't a knock on them, as if they played like pussies, they wouldn't get injured.

Deebo's back gave out on him 2 games after he returned and he was invisible vs. the Chiefs. Aaron Smith played his last down with the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this season, and Troy is on his, what, 2nd or 3rd concussion just this season (that they keep covering up). Oh, I know. "it's just a stinger".

riiiiiiiiight.

Worilds played like his balls finally dropped. He might be a man after all. I like Chris Carter, he has quickness like nobody's business, his first step is immense. Neither can touch Deebo when he's healthy, but Worilds has already shown that he's better than an injured Deebo. Mundy filled in nicely for Troy, and considering how average Troy has been this season due in large part (my opinion) to his multiple head injuries, I think it's time to start moving on. Not a criticism, he's a great all-time Pittsburgh Steeler and one of the top 5 safeties of the Super Bowl era, but gotta face reality. He gets injured, and his style of play will cause more injuries. He only has a limited time and a limited capacity to sustain head injuries before he'll need to stop playing football for his own health.

so yeah. random thoughts after getting to finally watch the game

I'll touch on a few points since we are giving out random thoughts.

1. I agree that Aaron Smith has played his last down as a Steeler, but I still think teams are taking away Harrison simply on "what he could do". Harrison still made some decent plays and we are finally getting a pass rush from our DL...which is freeing up our LBs.

2. I'm not sure on Troy. His style of play is going to get him hurt...similar to the way Vick plays on offense. I seen an injury coming when he came at that big SOB. I still think a Steelers D w/ Troy > Steelers D w/o Troy. Somehow our secondary isn't too bad...Ike, and a slew of young DBs are finally deciding to cover people. But again I think a lot of credit goes to the DL finally getting younger (Ziggy and Heyward) and getting faster.

3. There is no excuse why that game was close...sure the fumble in the endzone and the INT cost us points but I was getting pissed. Another game where Ben threw for 100+ yards and TD in the 1st half...and we go to clock control mode and he throws for < 50 yards and 1 INT. I'm seeing a trend, and it HAS to be 2nd half play calling. I simply don't understand it.

4. Must win for us this week against the Bengals.

kethnaab
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
yep, can't disagree with anything there.

The common theme of our completely bizarre WTF-style offense = Bruce Arians

He has consistently underperformed, regardless of the talent he's had on his offenses. He has no clue how to manage a game, how to set plays up, how to develop a flow or a rhythm.

ever wonder how the heck the Steelers are SO much more efficient on offense when we run the no-huddle? It's because Ben's calling the plays instead of Arians' dumbass.

Mitch1313
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
That game was horrid last night is my thoughts, the officiating was absolutely terrible, got called a whiney baby for complaining about it by other phaggots in the other thread in misc, was a god damn flag every 5 seconds against the Steelers...

brb can helmet to helmet Ben no flag
brb kick him no flag
brb hold the fukk outta our guys no flag, but god forbid the Steelers lineman touch someone automatic holding

I hate that ref, everytime he refs for the Steelers he screws them over hard.

Also thoughts on Troy, I hope hes not out or hurt himself to bad... he usually is always tackling like that and never gets hurt, his style of play is crazy... Jumping over the line, those crazy tackles and getting the snap count correct, he needs to be careful throwing himself around, and I'm also glad to see Hines Ward was back in there and made a big catch for a first down and i think he caught a few others.

Will edit more later going to gym now....

jross2021
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice to finally see some turnovers, ever if it was vs Palko lol. The offense looked horrid last night though.

FormulaLT1poweR
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
yep, can't disagree with anything there.

The common theme of our completely bizarre WTF-style offense = Bruce Arians

He has consistently underperformed, regardless of the talent he's had on his offenses. He has no clue how to manage a game, how to set plays up, how to develop a flow or a rhythm.

ever wonder how the heck the Steelers are SO much more efficient on offense when we run the no-huddle? It's because Ben's calling the plays instead of Arians' dumbass.

Exactly, I am beginning to have a severe hatred for Arians. Seems like it's 1st down...run into a pile and lose 2 yards. 2nd down...run into a pile and gain a yard. 3rd down...run all out streaks. The ONLY time it's not like that is when Ben takes over. I know the fans see this, so why the hell can't Tomlin? At some point he's got to say Bruce...lets give the reigns to Ben.

Troy not diagnosed with a concussion, but will still have to pass further tests for this weeks game. A positive IMO knowing his history...

thegenerel
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Exactly, I am beginning to have a severe hatred for Arians. Seems like it's 1st down...run into a pile and lose 2 yards. 2nd down...run into a pile and gain a yard. 3rd down...run all out streaks. The ONLY time it's not like that is when Ben takes over. I know the fans see this, so why the hell can't Tomlin? At some point he's got to say Bruce...lets give the reigns to Ben.

Troy not diagnosed with a concussion, but will still have to pass further tests for this weeks game. A positive IMO knowing his history...

in regards to last night, I think Ben's thumb was worse than anyone let on and by running the ball they tried to limit the chances of it getting hurt further.

DoubtErased
11-29-2011, 07:00 AM
in regards to last night, I think Ben's thumb was worse than anyone let on and by running the ball they tried to limit the chances of it getting hurt further.

This

Looks like I am coming to Pittsburgh to visit the family for two weeks

FormulaLT1poweR
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
That game was horrid last night is my thoughts, the officiating was absolutely terrible, got called a whiney baby for complaining about it by other phaggots in the other thread in misc, was a god damn flag every 5 seconds against the Steelers...

brb can helmet to helmet Ben no flag
brb kick him no flag
brb hold the fukk outta our guys no flag, but god forbid the Steelers lineman touch someone automatic holding

I hate that ref, everytime he refs for the Steelers he screws them over hard.

Also thoughts on Troy, I hope hes not out or hurt himself to bad... he usually is always tackling like that and never gets hurt, his style of play is crazy... Jumping over the line, those crazy tackles and getting the snap count correct, he needs to be careful throwing himself around, and I'm also glad to see Hines Ward was back in there and made a big catch for a first down and i think he caught a few others.

Will edit more later going to gym now....

I honestly didn't think the officiating was all that bad? Typically there is a personal foul call I argue with every Steelers game, and I don't recall seeing one Sunday.

Nice to finally see some turnovers, ever if it was vs Palko lol. The offense looked horrid last night though.

No doubt, 4 turnovers...and only 13 points. Not going to cut it against stiff competition...granted our defense only allowed 9, but still.

Yes, that is very possible. He missed Wallace on a few...but also put a few in very tight spaces. Let's just keep him upright for a few weeks and see where HE can take us.

Mitch1313
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
I honestly didn't think the officiating was all that bad? Typically there is a personal foul call I argue with every Steelers game, and I don't recall seeing one Sunday.

No doubt, 4 turnovers...and only 13 points. Not going to cut it against stiff competition...granted our defense only allowed 9, but still.

Idk, maybe I overreacted but I think that was poorly officiated, bad calls towards Steelers, and Steelers got no calls their way for holding, or the helmet to helmet on Big Ben.
And agree with the 4 turnovers and 13 points, but yet again that was the refs fault, calling ridiculous holding calls or some stupid **** that took away some possible TDs that were FGs.

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Diehard Steeler Fan from Pittsburgh checking in

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 07:54 AM
GO STEELERS

FormulaLT1poweR is a true Stiller

thegenerel
12-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Diehard Steeler Fan from Pittsburgh checking in

whoever made your tshirt needs to recall it. they forgot a 'Y'

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
whoever made your tshirt needs to recall it. they forgot a 'Y'

What TShirt???

thegenerel
12-02-2011, 08:10 AM
What TShirt???

in your avatar. i was going to post the picture, but its HUGE.

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Oh, lmao I just put it together!

http://yinzer.com/ynz.jpg

these also came up when I searched YINZER

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/tonysiragusa1.jpg

wtf??? lol
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/TonyRockyhorror/hillbillies.jpg

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 08:18 AM
My accent funny enough goes away while I'm at college when I'm in New York, but when I'm back home for a couple days it creeps up on me and comes back lol.

jayt8
12-02-2011, 08:22 AM
we will see the real steelers this sunday, not the ones that showed up in kc

steelers 31 - bengals 13

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
we will see the real steelers this sunday, not the ones that showed up in kc

steelers 31 - bengals 13

I like where your head's at brah

jayt8
12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I like where your head's at brah

ignoring that chiefs game. the steelers always play like dog**** in those situations, just glad they got that w

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
ignoring that chiefs game. the steelers always play like dog**** in those situations, just glad they got that w

Haha yeah, the Steelers know how to make us nervous in those games, especially when they gave two people heart attacks in Pittsburgh when Bettis fumbled on the goal line against the Colts on the road to Superbowl XL lol.

kethnaab
12-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Haha yeah, the Steelers know how to make us nervous in those games, especially when they gave two-hundred forty-five thousand people heart attacks in Pittsburgh when Bettis fumbled on the goal line against the Colts on the road to Superbowl XL lol.

fixed.

ramsgoldberg61
12-02-2011, 06:55 PM
fixed.

I just looked at your location on your profile, are you currently serving overseas? if so, with which division???

Mitch1313
12-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I am enjoying this game a lot better today.

21-0, 3 Touchdowns in 4 minutes, a block FG, and forced fumble.
Hope they create some more turnovers maybe an interception or something.

Need to come out after halftime with this same intensity.

ramsgoldberg61
12-04-2011, 12:21 PM
-First quarter ends
-Go to convenience store for a few minutes for snacks
-Return to my house to see score

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x0l_xXe1Gsg/TUO5oWFDoxI/AAAAAAAAANM/26DSC8kRLJs/s400/aaaaaaaaaa-know-your-meme.jpg

21-0 :D

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/terrible-towel.jpg

Mitch1313
12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Amazing punt return for TD

FormulaLT1poweR
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
THAT was a SOLID effort finally.

Maybe the best performance of the year? Only other one that comes to mind is the New England game...but we let them hang around and make it close.

kethnaab
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I just looked at your location on your profile, are you currently serving overseas? if so, with which division???

Yep, in Afghanistan with NATO right now

kethnaab
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
THAT was a SOLID effort finally.

Maybe the best performance of the year? Only other one that comes to mind is the New England game...but we let them hang around and make it close.

nope, this was the best all-around performance I've seen in ages.

4 quarters of good play.
Offense, defense, and special teams.

I'm pleased.

I like what we did with Ziggy, putting him at NT and allowing him to rush upfield

Mitch1313
12-04-2011, 07:51 PM
nope, this was the best all-around performance I've seen in ages.

4 quarters of good play.
Offense, defense, and special teams.

I'm pleased.

I like what we did with Ziggy, putting him at NT and allowing him to rush upfield

Never even noticed your location -.- fail on my part, thanks for serving, still mirin you legs ( no homo ) maybe ill be there one day soon lol my legs suck.
way off track...

anyways, very pleased with todays game, 21 pts in the 2nd quarter, very nice punt return, forced some good turnovers, had some good sacks, a blocked FG, overall very good game, Hines Ward got another milestone 12,000 yards, Polamalu was back in doing good, Harrison looked good, sucks Woodley got hurt again -.-

hindes204
12-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Best effort I've seen all season, 60 minutes of solid football all around.

ramsgoldberg61
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey Steeler Crew, just turned 21 today!

On my 21st birthday I wish the Steelers shalack the Browns 42-0 tomorrow!!! :D

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cribbsdeeboko.avi.gif

canuckathlete
12-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Was at the game sunday, first steelers home game (seen them in Buf and Det a couple times).

Pretty dominating game, Kiesel and Hood were ridiculous.

There were a bunch of milestones in the game;
-Wards yards
-Harrison had 3 plus sacks for second time this year to tie steelers single season record
-Ben passed Bradshaw for first in team completions
-Tomlin won at least 9 games in his first 5 seasons

ramsgoldberg61
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Turned out to be a total battle royal with the Browns. 14-3

Amazed how Ben fought through his ankle practically being ripped in half.

ComradePhelix
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
roflsburger is a beast

Mitch1313
12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Big Ben balls of STEEL... body of STEEL, holy **** man, he wants to win and play for his team. I dont know any other QB who goes out and plays like he does with all those fukkin injuries

Lots of mad people about the James Harrison hit bitching lol.

ramsgoldberg61
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
This is how they will play with Ben from here on out:

U-jzYMSiNHQ

FormulaLT1poweR
12-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Few things:

1. Damn Ben is tough...he knew we needed that game badly. I get tired of hearing people complain and show those graphics about him being injured. So what?! Unlike 90% of the NFL QB's he plays through his injuries. Last night was simply amazing...yet I read reports and posts about him being a "injury soap opera"...LOL

2. I hope Pouncey's high ankle sprain can get him on the field ASAP. We really only have 1 more tough game left...the 49ers on MNF. Bad thing is the Ratbirds have one tough game left too, but I can see them possibly losing to Cinci.

3. Anyone see the Buccos making some moves? Grabbed Erik Bedard and Nate McLouth...and moving in on signing a 1B (Lee or Pena). Sorta promising they aren't selling the farm, and building for the future...maybe a .500 team next year, with more to come?

ramsgoldberg61
12-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Few things:

1. Damn Ben is tough...he knew we needed that game badly. I get tired of hearing people complain and show those graphics about him being injured. So what?! Unlike 90% of the NFL QB's he plays through his injuries. Last night was simply amazing...yet I read reports and posts about him being a "injury soap opera"...LOL

2. I hope Pouncey's high ankle sprain can get him on the field ASAP. We really only have 1 more tough game left...the 49ers on MNF. Bad thing is the Ratbirds have one tough game left too, but I can see them possibly losing to Cinci.

3. Anyone see the Buccos making some moves? Grabbed Erik Bedard and Nate McLouth...and moving in on signing a 1B (Lee or Pena). Sorta promising they aren't selling the farm, and building for the future...maybe a .500 team next year, with more to come?

Just found a gif of the hit from last Thursday, ouch!

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ROETHLISBERGER-ANKLE.gif

Mitch1313
12-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Seeing as the Ravens are huge frauds this year, and only care about beating the Steelers, I have a feeling they will cough it up and lose to someone in their last 4 games. Wouldn't that be some sh!t if they lost to the colts this weekend LOL.

Glad we have 10 days of rest I hope Big Ben plays against the 49ers, probably a dumb thing to hope, I'm sure he will be out there, anyone have GIF/VID of Pouncey getting hurt I must have missed that, went to get food at once point and time.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Seeing as the Ravens are huge frauds this year, and only care about beating the Steelers, I have a feeling they will cough it up and lose to someone in their last 4 games. Wouldn't that be some sh!t if they lost to the colts this weekend LOL.

Glad we have 10 days of rest I hope Big Ben plays against the 49ers, probably a dumb thing to hope, I'm sure he will be out there, anyone have GIF/VID of Pouncey getting hurt I must have missed that, went to get food at once point and time.

Yea the Ratbirds losses are LOL worthy. Titans, Jags and Seahawks...LOL!

Ben's high ankle sprain wasn't classified as a Grade 3 (being the worst). I'm not sure if we will see him or not...I bet Dennis Dixon will be active though! HAHA.

Pouncey got hurt, and stayed in for a few plays...I'm not sure they actually showed what play he was hurt on.

canuckathlete
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Yea the Ratbirds losses are LOL worthy. Titans, Jags and Seahawks...LOL!

Ben's high ankle sprain wasn't classified as a Grade 3 (being the worst). I'm not sure if we will see him or not...I bet Dennis Dixon will be active though! HAHA.

Pouncey got hurt, and stayed in for a few plays...I'm not sure they actually showed what play he was hurt on.

Any idea why Dixon wasn't dressed?

For random spot duties like thursday Batch is great, because he knows the offense and doesn't screw up... but if Ben were to miss serious time I would much rather have Dixon starting. IMO Dixon can either win or lose a game on his own, but I don't trust batch at all to lead the team to a tough win.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Any idea why Dixon wasn't dressed?

For random spot duties like thursday Batch is great, because he knows the offense and doesn't screw up... but if Ben were to miss serious time I would much rather have Dixon starting. IMO Dixon can either win or lose a game on his own, but I don't trust batch at all to lead the team to a tough win.

No idea, the Steelers declared him inactive. From what I've gathered/seen, they only dress 2 healthy QBs (Ben/Batch). Batch is not going to win us a game, he proved that on Thursday. The Browns stacked the box, and we couldn't get anything going...once Ben came back in, they again had to respect the pass, which opened up the running game. San Fran will do the same if Batch plays, at least with Dixon...he's mobile and can make plays with his feet.

canuckathlete
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Harrison out for 1 game, can't say it wasn't expected but still a bull**** ruling

Don't know how the appeal process works but it would be nice if it gets delayed until after the 49's game. Although I have a feeling that the Ravens will win out anyway so it won't really matter

thegenerel
12-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Harrison out for 1 game, can't say it wasn't expected but still a bull**** ruling

Don't know how the appeal process works but it would be nice if it gets delayed until after the 49's game. Although I have a feeling that the Ravens will win out anyway so it won't really matter

he has 3 days to appeal. of course Goodell wont overturn his own decision.

jross2021
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
This is the worst possible game for ben to be possibly injured.. San Fran's run D has been dominate. I really hope Ben plays, but if not.. I hope it's Dixon, and I hope he puts his money where his mouth is... (when he requested a trade because he knows he can start somewhere else).

Mitch1313
12-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Didnt Dixon break his arm? or one of the QBs did thats why they have been out...( not ben )

I think the Chargers have a good chance to beat the FRAUD Ratbirds, Rivers finally showing up, and he does good in December, idc if its little to late, would be good if they beat the Ravens.

Was reading today, Steelers to clench a playoff spot, need to win, and either Raiders (Play Lions), Denver(Play Patriots), Jets(Play Eagles) or Titans(Play Colts) lose this weekend, and hopefully Ratbirds lose to help us even more. I really dont see the Jets or Titans losing -.- Lions and raiders are both so inconsistent idk who will win that... and well Tebow Time vs Patriots we shall see how that plays out this weekend.

Harrison out for the biggest game we have left of course, thanks Roger phaggot Goodell.

Also read on my Steelers news on my APP on my phone that both Big Ben and Pouncey will be playing, they have mild high ankle sprains.

jross2021
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Didnt Dixon break his arm? or one of the QBs did thats why they have been out...( not ben )

Leftwich

I think the Chargers have a good chance to beat the FRAUD Ratbirds, Rivers finally showing up, and he does good in December, idc if its little to late, would be good if they beat the Ravens.

After seeing who they've lost to, I think anyone has a chance

Harrison out for the biggest game we have left of course, thanks Roger phaggot Goodell.

Better that than a suspension for the rest of the season, which I expected considering everythign that's gone on between the 2

/bold

canuckathlete
12-13-2011, 10:10 AM
he has 3 days to appeal. of course Goodell wont overturn his own decision.

Appeal is being heard by Art Shell and Ted Cotrell, hopefully 2 old school players will see his side but I doubt it

Mitch1313
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
/bold

Oh ya leftwich. I forgot who it was lol, was one of the backups, damn they got so many back up QBs lol

Ya I think the Chargers have a good shot at beating them, Rivers finally showed up like he usually does in December...

I hope it gets appealed (jakes on me) that probably wont happen... Goodell is a phaggot, and hates the Steelers

Miked1978
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Niner fan checking in for this weeks Monday night game. Not to often our franchises face one another. I always respected the Steelers and the Rooney family. I really like how they stick with their coaches. I hope Big Ben plays because I want the 49ers to play you guys at your best. Looks like both teams need a win to stay alive for the 1st round bye.

May the loser get another shot in the Super Bowl.

jross2021
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
I want the 49ers to play you guys at your best.

Call Goodell and tell him that he's not just punishing Harrison and the Steelers but also the 49ers fans by suspening Harrison!

adamsteve14
12-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Gerry Dulac of PPG reporting Big Ben will start tonite @San Fran. Officially the toughest SOB in football.

iamgenus
12-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Damn that's a tough mofo. I hate seeing him start cuz I really want the niners to win this game but at least this way if they win with ben they deserve it. Harrison is out but so is Willis. And a gimpy Ben is still 5 times the QB that Alex Smith is so it balances out lol. Should be a good game, hopefully injury free.

jross2021
12-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Gerry Dulac of PPG reporting Big Ben will start tonite @San Fran. Officially the toughest SOB in football.

Pretty sure he earned that title when he came back in last game after everyone was panic'ing over the season

adamsteve14
12-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Damn that's a tough mofo. I hate seeing him start cuz I really want the niners to win this game but at least this way if they win with ben they deserve it. Harrison is out but so is Willis. And a gimpy Ben is still 5 times the QB that Alex Smith is so it balances out lol. Should be a good game, hopefully injury free.

Same. So close to the playoffs it would be a shame if either team lost anyone significant. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben has a huge game though.

kethnaab
12-19-2011, 06:33 AM
well, with the Ravens getting curbstomped by my new 2nd favorite team, the Chargers, the Steelers have a chance to get home field advantage and most importantly, a bye week to rest up Ben, Pouncey, Woodley, and Sanders.

jayt8
12-19-2011, 06:42 AM
unreal how tight the afc is with the steelers being able to jump from 5th to 1st tonight

such a big game now, ben has to be sufficient

i cant see san fran putting up too many points against the steelers d tonight

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Hopefully Ben comes out firing with a fast start, and defense steps up tonight. The OL better be protecting Ben good too.

Thanks Ratibrds for frauding again.

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
@ 1:05 is Ravenstahl

Hines Ward as a pretty big cameo, he scores a TD while the field blows up

http://gizmodo.com/5869277/watch-the-dark-knight-rises--full-trailer-now

but come on, Hines isnt outrunning a LB, let alone THAT

FormulaLT1poweR
12-19-2011, 09:28 AM
We NEED this. Home Field is a plus, but the bye week is HUGE!

iamgenus
12-19-2011, 09:36 AM
We NEED this. Home Field is a plus, but the bye week is HUGE!

Both teams are fighting for a bye week. Definitely a lot on the line for both.

jross2021
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
@ 1:05 is Ravenstahl

Hines Ward as a pretty big cameo, he scores a TD while the field blows up

http://gizmodo.com/5869277/watch-the-dark-knight-rises--full-trailer-now

but come on, Hines isnt outrunning a LB, let alone THAT

well, there goes 3 hrs of my life, gonna have to watch the first one now that they gave me a reason to watch the 2nd

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
well, there goes 3 hrs of my life, gonna have to watch the first one now that they gave me a reason to watch the 2nd

wat. this is the 3rd. you havent seen the first 2?

ramsgoldberg61
12-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Just flew back to Newark from Vegas, hopped in my car driving 370 miles back to the burgh to watch our Steelers play!

Go Steelers!!!

jross2021
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
wat. this is the 3rd. you havent seen the first 2?

notsureifsrl

srl?

Nims182
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't suppose anyone has a stream?

jross2021
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't suppose anyone has a stream?

for the game tonight? firstrowsports.tv will have a couple up, can't promise no lag though

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 11:21 AM
notsureifsrl

srl?

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises (filmed in Pittsburgh)

hindes204
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
About three hours to go, this is a huge game for both teams, hopefully we come out swinging.

ChuteBoxeFC
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Here to announce that for 3 hours tonight, I will be a Steelers fan. For obvious reasons. Hoping for a victory here tonight.

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
9ers got this

jross2021
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
9ers got this

neg you to red if the Steelers win?

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
neg you to deeper red if the Steelers win?

fixed

FormulaLT1poweR
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
neg you to even deeper red if the Steelers win?

fixed

Fixed more appropriately.

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 05:33 PM
rep is just a number. keep em coming!

Johnny Rotten
12-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Anyone else feel like this is a preview of the Super Bowl?

Big7Ben86
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
this was actually the first time i watched that trailer, pretty much came in my pants

i worked downtown all summer and saw a lot of that go down, was pretty awesome, even have a picture of myself standing next to and illegally touching the batmobile

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone else feel like this is a preview of the Super Bowl?

let's not jump the gun here brah. ravens or pats or tebow coming outta the AFC.

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
let's not jump the gun here brah. ravens or pats or tebow coming outta the AFC.

lol no.

ramsgoldberg61
12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Just got back to Pittsburgh!

Got home to find out the game is delayed?????

Power is out in San Fran.

Someone needs to fix this NAO!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/wteach/Awesome/jack_lambert7_jpg.jpg

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Just got back to Pittsburgh!

Got home to find out the game is delayed?????

Power is out in San Fran.

Someone needs to fix this NAO!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/wteach/Awesome/jack_lambert7_jpg.jpg

agreed, only prolonging the inevitable 49ers win. brb not a fan of either team

ramsgoldberg61
12-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises (filmed in Pittsburgh)

Gotham City
http://briard.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a6399ca9970c0162fcb3c279970d-800wi

Pittsburgh

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2638/3873224795_af312c0dba_z.jpg

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
nice INT big ben LOLLLLLL

jross2021
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
nice INT big ben LOLLLLLL

Go to the game thread bro

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
9ers got this

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/trollface-problem.jpg

BeastReturns
12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
wow roethlisberger sucks

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Well this game was over after the first quarter.

Pathetic... way to blow the playoffs for us... Ratbirds have to lose again now which wont happen to the Browns or Bengals...

I'm sure if we had 2-3 bull**** power outages at home we'd win too. Cheap ass ****.
Refs need to go back to school notsureifsrs about them tonight.
Ben 3 interceptions... notsureifsrs, nobody could catch a ball tonight, Basically was Cheifs Packers game all over again. Joke...

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 10:18 PM
wow roethlisberger sucks

Patriots since February 2, 2002

Go figure....
Who beat the Patriots??? Oh wait... the Steelers did, k gtfo of our thread.

BeastReturns
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Patriots since February 2, 2002

Go figure....
Who beat the Patriots??? Oh wait... the Steelers did, k gtfo of our thread.

Had an off day. Looking forward to the conference game.

jross2021
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM

Pathetic... way to blow the playoffs for us... Ratbirds have to lose again now which wont happen to the Browns or Bengals...

I'm sure if we had 2-3 bull**** power outages at home we'd win too. Cheap ass ****.
Ben 3 interceptions... notsureifsrs, nobody could catch a ball tonight, Basically was Cheifs Packers game all over again. Joke...

Pittsburgh is the king of winning the Superbowl from a 5 or 6 seed, so i'm not even really worried yet.

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Pittsburgh is the king of winning the Superbowl from a 5 or 6 seed, so i'm not even really worried yet.

doesn't matter. Ben needs the rest, the whole teams banged up, we could use the bye week and time off... there goes that though.

thegenerel
12-19-2011, 10:28 PM
wow roethlisberger sucks

no way an injury that most guys miss 4-6 weeks from is affecting him

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
no way an injury that most guys miss 4-6 weeks from is affecting him

This^

Pathetic game tonight... pathetic.

I am disappoint.

ShweezyBTFO
12-19-2011, 10:36 PM
neg you to red if the Steelers win?

shoulda just repped me after the game brah.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Ben looked terrible...I know he's hurt, etc...but damn he wasn't hitting anything.

WTF @ the "leaping" call. Did Harbaugh b!tch enough to get a call? Really?!
Strong WTF @ the "chop block" call on Redman. Dude was not even engaged...
WTF @ the "chop block" call on the 49ers. Again, didn't exist...

Aldon Smith is going to be a freak of nature. Seems more and more those fast DE/hybrid LB's can take over a game. Freeney and Mathis did it to us earlier in the year. Totally exposed our TERRIBLE O-Line.

A GIFT #1 seed, and we piss it down our leg. Now we need Baltimore to lose (only chance is against CIN). Probably need New England to lose to get that #1. Not sure what it would take for the #2 (possibly Houston loss?).

I honestly can't see Pittsburgh winning IN New England, Baltimore or Houston. I also see us struggling AT San Diego (if they get in).

What a sh!tty game, even more pissed I had to stay up until 11:30pm to watch that disaster because the 49ers can't afford their electric bill.

ElMariachi
12-19-2011, 10:41 PM

Was this the short yellow bus crew of refs? They called 2 completely non-existent chop blocks, one on the 49ers, one on the Steelers, what the **** were they smoking before the game? They missed a legitimate leverage call against the Steelers in the 1st half but called a ticky-tack one in the 2nd......no consistency whatsoever.

trek_6k
12-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Ben looked terrible...I know he's hurt, etc...but damn he wasn't hitting anything.

WTF @ the "leaping" call. Did Harbaugh b!tch enough to get a call? Really?!
Strong WTF @ the "chop block" call on Redman. Dude was not even engaged...

Aldon Smith is going to be a freak of nature. Seems more and more those fast DE/hybrid LB's can take over a game. Freeney and Mathis did it to us earlier in the year. Totally exposed our TERRIBLE O-Line.

A GIFT #1 seed, and we piss it down our leg. Now we need Baltimore to lose (only chance is against CIN). Probably need New England to lose to get that #1. Not sure what it would take for the #2 (possibly Houston loss?).

I honestly can't see Pittsburgh winning IN New England, Baltimore or Houston. I also see us struggling AT San Diego (if they get in).

What a sh!tty game, even more pissed I had to stay up until 11:30pm to watch that disaster because the 49ers can't afford their electric bill.

I came in to post, but read this first. There really isn't much else to say. I'm having a beer and calling it a night.

Mitch1313
12-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Was this the short yellow bus crew of refs? They called 2 completely non-existent chop blocks, one on the 49ers, one on the Steelers, what the **** were they smoking before the game? They missed a legitimate leverage call against the Steelers in the 1st half but called a ticky-tack one in the 2nd......no consistency whatsoever.

Agree, refs have been **** this year for all teams, all these pussy rule changes and people crying for calls and then ridiculous **** being flagged.
I hate how receivers and coaches can whine and whine for calls now and get them( For all teams ).

Tonights game sucked I am mad... we needed that bye week and rest for ben and the team... and home field would have been great.
Now we are ****ed and back at #5 seed

Big7Ben86
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
sh!tty game, but lets be reality about 2 things:

tom brady wouldve been at home making christmas ornaments if he were in bens situation

i think our odds in the playoffs are as good as any other AFC team when we get healthy. hard to imagine the ratbirds beating us 3 times, although new england is always tough, if they make it to us this year

hindes204
12-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Damn, that was a terrible game...

ShweezyBTFO
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
where my reps at steelers fans? wizard status here

FormulaLT1poweR
12-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Just hooked you up. Enjoy digging yourself out! ;)

thegenerel
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM

lol he picked a 10-3 team to win at home on MNF, what a reach!

please keep posting so when i need to spread reps I can neg you.

ramsgoldberg61
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Damn, that was a terrible game...

:( :( :( we'll regroup

Steelers fight through injuries, play with broken or missing appendages, and put up with ban camp when they knock out the QB with the ferocity of Jack Lambert himself (James Harrison). That's when we shine though, when we're the underdogs, that's when we play best.

ramsgoldberg61
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM

What part of the Burgh you from???

ramsgoldberg61
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq155wN94H1qj25bao1_400.gif

virtual high five

thegenerel
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
What part of the Burgh you from???

South Hills, there was a discussion on where we all hailed from a few pages back

kethnaab was exposed as being the Jeff Spi**** of the South Hills Village mall's arcade.

ShweezyBTFO
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/johnnyboi798/2rngg29.gif

ramsgoldberg61
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
South Hills, there was a discussion on where we all hailed from a few pages back

kethnaab was exposed as being the Jeff Spi**** of the South Hills Village mall's arcade.

I totally forgot lol. I have a cousin who lives in Bethel Park. I on the other hand lived up in Wexford/North Hills area before going to college.

thegenerel
12-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I totally forgot lol. I have a cousin who lives in Bethel Park. I on the other hand lived up in Wexford/North Hills area before going to college.

how old is he?

ramsgoldberg61
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
how old is he?

27 I believe