PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Pern
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
not to throw the worry flag, but if leftwich cant go, batch is old and injury prone, if something happens the game vs tampa bay might turn into superbowl 40 with randle el throwing the ball.

Wouldn't surprise me. Buccaneers Defense isn't soft by any means (Gerald McCoy is looking like Mario Williams).

Pern
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
its quite preposterous to even suggest that ARE is going to play QB AND that you are always in the center of any steeler related flame war.

Who is the Steelers 3rd QB though?

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 11:05 AM
its quite preposterous to even suggest that ARE is going to play QB AND that you are always in the center of any steeler related flame war.

your right, suggesting that our 3rd qb who backs up a questionable qb and an older, injury prone qb, MAY see action, is completely out of line

and who cares, everyone argues on this site. i live in pittsburgh, we rub **** in. no one gave us a shot in hell of making the playoffs, but whatever. gets me through night class.M

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Who is the Steelers 3rd QB though?

ARE, and that still does not mean he would be throwing the ball. Its just so absurd to even bring that up. they wont go into this game with any sort of expectation that ARE will take one snap at QB.

Pern
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
ARE, and that still does not mean he would be throwing the ball. Its just so absurd to even bring that up. they wont go into this game with any sort of expectation that ARE will take one snap at QB.

Any other season, yeah.

But it's pretty rare to have your Franchise QB suspended for 4 games, your true Backup injured for 4 weeks, your new Starter playing the waiver wire, and his backup with one foot into retirement. I wouldn't say it's absurd at all to at least be talking about it.

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM

so in my original post that stated IF something happened to leftwich, who is hurt, and batch, who is injury prone and older, went down, there is a possibility of randle el playing

maybe you should start watching football...

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 11:18 AM
your right, suggesting that our 3rd qb who backs up a questionable qb and an older, injury prone qb, MAY see action, is completely out of line

and who cares, everyone argues on this site. i live in pittsburgh, we rub **** in. no one gave us a shot in hell of making the playoffs, but whatever. gets me through night class.M

if they go into tampa with a beat up QB and an old man on the verge of multiple compound fractures, ARE is what they deserve.

"i live in pittsburgh, we rub **** in."

as do I, but no, we do not "rub **** in".

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
maybe you should start watching football...

grow the **** up.

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
grow the **** up.

you told me to stop watching football and called me out on a statement i made which was 100% relevant for no reason.

and by rubbing it in, meaning we have pride in our teams and defend our teams. i will defend my team.

its ok, ill be the bigger person, nice arguing with you, ill make sure never to post in here again about a possible situation regarding the steelers qb status.

kethnaab
09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
is Wayne Kethnaab gonna have to smack a (few) bitch(es)?

Lefty and Batch are the QBs and they are both fragile as hell. God fuggin' forbid ARE have to throw more than a trick play pass.

don't even DISCUSS that type of situation.

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 11:31 AM
and by rubbing it in, meaning we have pride in our teams and defend our teams. i will defend my team.

well that isnt rubbing it in.....that could be the issue, you struggle with communicating clearly.

iill make sure never to post in here again

cool

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
is Wayne Kethnaab gonna have to smack a (few) bitch(es)?

Lefty and Batch are the QBs and they are both fragile as hell. God fuggin' forbid ARE have to throw more than a trick play pass.

don't even DISCUSS that type of situation.

i dont even wanna think about that happening. but the truth is, its a slim reality. especially with the way things are goin.

charlie batch '10

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
i dont even wanna think about that happening. but the truth is, its a slim reality. especially with the way things are goin.

charlie batch '10

so why dont we bring up other slim realities then? i cannot possibly think of a good reason at this moment.

there is a slim reality that JoePa will collapse and die on the sidelines, but who is going to take the time to talk about that?

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
so why dont we bring up other slim realities then? i cannot possibly think of a good reason at this moment.

there is a slim reality that JoePa will collapse and die on the sidelines, but who is going to take the time to talk about that?

all i said was that it is possible randle el might end up on the stat sheet under quarterbacks. which is an extremely relevant point because we are currently having qb issues and randle el is our 3rd qb, and this is a steeler thread talking about the tampa bay game...you're the one who called me out on it

please, your making yourself look like more of an idiot with each post

TheRagingboxer
09-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Can't we all just get along?

As Pittsburgh fans we gotta stick together, lulz, there are enough haters out there when it comes to the Steelers, Penguins, and the Pirates.

Doesnt matter who the QB is we are still going to shut em down on offense for a third week in a row.

TheRagingboxer
09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Good night sweet Dixon!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/21/dixon.surgery.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Pern
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd rather see Batch in there over Leftwich. I think it'll be easier for the Tampa Defense and Coaches to gameplan for Leftwich considering he was with them last year. Not too mention, there is just overall more recent tape on Leftwich than Batch.

Although he's been in the league longer, it seems like every time Batch comes in, he gets it done (besides fumbling snaps), as if he's some kind of a secret to the league. If they would have let him throw on first or second down last week, we would have seen some connections, which were almost there on the near impossible 3rd and longs.

Just have this bad feeling, Leftwich will lose it for our Defense, throwing multiple picks, resulting in a fan backlash (signs on his lawn, "Go back to Tampa, you spy", etc)...

If the Steelers aren't 3-0 with this Defense, it'll be tough to get over.

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd rather see Batch in there over Leftwich. I think it'll be easier for the Tampa Defense and Coaches to gameplan for Leftwich considering he was with them last year. Not too mention, there is just overall more recent tape on Leftwich than Batch.

Although he's been in the league longer, it seems like every time Batch comes in, he gets it done (besides fumbling snaps), as if he's some kind of a secret to the league. If they would have let him throw on first or second down last week, we would have seen some connections, which were almost there on the near impossible 3rd and longs.

Just have this bad feeling, Leftwich will lose it for our Defense, throwing multiple picks, resulting in a fan backlash (signs on his lawn, "Go back to Tampa, you spy", etc)...

If the Steelers aren't 3-0 with this Defense, it'll be tough to get over.

i do agree with that, batch wasnt given much of an opportunity last game. i saw some flashes of his past on that TD pass to mike wallace despite it being called back.

regardless, both do not throw a lot of picks and its gonna take some good game managing, and maybe, just maybe, a touchdown in regulation time.

Pern
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
"PITTSBURGH -- The forgotten quarterback is now the Pittsburgh Steelers' starter.

Charlie Batch, a longtime backup who was relegated to No. 4 status as the Steelers dealt with Ben Roethlisberger's off-field problems, will be the starter Sunday at Tampa Bay (2-0) - his first NFL start since 2007.

Coach Mike Tomlin picked Batch over Byron Leftwich, who is recovering from a sprained knee ligament. Dennis Dixon started the first two games, but he underwent knee surgery Wednesday and is out indefinitely.

The Steelers (2-0) apparently decided they couldn't wait until the end of the practice week to determine if Leftwich's still-healing knee would hold up to the stress of playing. Batch has gotten little work with the starters, and Tomlin wanted to give him as much practice time as possible."

Pern
09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Good news for Chuck.

The NFL has suspended Tanard Jackson for the remainder of the 2010 season and the start of the 2011 season for a third violation of the substance abuse policy. He is eligible for reinstatement beginning on September 22, 2011. Sabby Piscitelli and/or Cody Grimm will replace him in the starting lineup going forward.

Jackson had been a strong contributor to the Buccaneers' secondary with eight solo tackles. The Buccaneers DST was considered to be a sleeper unit for their Week 3 matchup vs. Pittsburgh, but this definitely takes some shine off of them.

snwdevl10
09-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd say Charlie's doin alright today :D

Big7Ben86
09-26-2010, 07:39 PM
we are really looking to be on pace for this 3rd place finish in the afc north. smart experts are smart

Sean_A_Nitro
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone else worried that Ben is gonna throw a wrench into our chemistry?

adamsteve14
09-26-2010, 07:43 PM

No. What is the opposite of that?

FormulaLT1poweR
09-26-2010, 07:43 PM

No.

Pern
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Chemistry or not, they won't win a Superbowl without Ben taking the snaps.

thegenerel
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM

one game against a bad secondary is no cause for concern. if Ben had played these three games, all wouldve been massacres (if the last two weeks werent already)

hindes204
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
one game against a bad secondary is no cause for concern. if Ben had played these three games, all wouldve been massacres (if the last two weeks werent already)

I agree.....we are gonna be deadly once Ben comes back. Our defense is playing lights out football right now, its fun to watch. Pouncey is the real deal, we just may have the best center in the NFL in Pouncey. Mendy is playing awesome football too

Big7Ben86
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
seein mike wallace come through with a big game really made me smile today. good to know ol charlie still got it

thegenerel
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree.....we are gonna be deadly once Ben comes back. Our defense is playing lights out football right now, its fun to watch. Pouncey is the real deal, we just may have the best center in the NFL in Pouncey. Mendy is playing awesome football too

I wouldnt be that optimistic regarding Pouncey...

kethnaab
09-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I wouldnt be that optimistic regarding Pouncey...

I would.

thegenerel
09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I would.

the best in the NFL already!?!?!

I think he could very well have that title in a few years, but there are still many more learning experiences for him. lets see how he handles Baltimore before anointing him!

he has probably earned his way into the top 10 (although I dont have an exact list). amongst other NFL centers, he is amongst the best.

kethnaab
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
oh no, not yet. my bad.

by the end of the season he'll be there, top 3 at worst

hindes204
09-27-2010, 06:55 AM
the best in the NFL already!?!?!

I think he could very well have that title in a few years, but there are still many more learning experiences for him. lets see how he handles Baltimore before anointing him!

he has probably earned his way into the top 10 (although I dont have an exact list). amongst other NFL centers, he is amongst the best.

In my defense I was drinking and just excited after a big win. After sleeping it off and thinking it over, I still say hes the real deal. Giving him the title of best in the NFL after just three games may be a little premature though. Buuuuuuut, if he plays at this level for the rest of the year, then he will definitely be considered one of the elite centers in he NFL

adamsteve14
09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
In my defense I was drinking and just excited after a big win. After sleeping it off and thinking it over, I still say hes the real deal. Giving him the title of best in the NFL after just three games may be a little premature though. Buuuuuuut, if he plays at this level for the rest of the year, then he will definitely be considered one of the elite centers in he NFL

This. He is a definite upgrade over Hartwig. I mean, Run blocking, pass protection, he does everything tremendously better.

lrm546
09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Let's do this phaggots

thegenerel
09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Let's do this phaggots

http://everyjoe.com/NEWFANTASYSPORTS/files/2008/05/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg

adamsteve14
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
http://everyjoe.com/NEWFANTASYSPORTS/files/2008/05/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg

'Ol Footsteps Flacco will be eating through a straw after sunday.

hindes204
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big7Ben86
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
not worried about it. were getting roethlisberger back. not saying we deserved to win that game, but we should have. plenty of wasted opportunities. if the offense wasn't so stagnant off turnovers id be a lot happier right now.

**** 3rd down playcalling and cushion defense

JTrain306
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Does Ben get to start practicing with the team tomorrow? I would assume so but just checking.

kethnaab
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
yup

ben's back

WeLustPapes
10-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Does Ben get to start practicing with the team tomorrow? I would assume so but just checking.

Yes he will be back on the field today.

Fffffff uuuuuuuuuuu @ yest game. Fn Reed needs to get his **** together.

Wapadaigo
10-22-2010, 11:39 AM
How much are tickets for games going for right now?
Me and some buddies are planning on flying up there for Jets game in Dec.

thegenerel
10-22-2010, 11:50 AM
How much are tickets for games going for right now?
Me and some buddies are planning on flying up there for Jets game in Dec.

stubhub.com

it all depends on section. we sold some of our club seats for above face (which are ~$250 to begin with)

thegenerel
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
bahahahahaah

JTrain306
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
A blow to Pittsburgh: Steelers DE Aaron Smith tore his triceps during today's win in Miami..

thegenerel
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
A blow to Pittsburgh: Steelers DE Aaron Smith tore his triceps during today's win in Miami..

i figured such. big loss

Ruger357
10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
i figured such. big loss

That is a huge f'n loss. Next week will be a tough game against N.O. With them losing to the Browns (lol), they will be looking for blood. I can only hope we win on another controversial call. I love watching people rage!!!

jayson86
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Feel bad for Aaron, that perhaps will put an end to his career, major injury + age.

adamsteve14
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Feel bad for Aaron, that perhaps will put an end to his career, major injury + age.

How long does a torn tri keep one out for?

jayson86
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I thought this would be a major injury.... 4-5 weeks? I could be wrong.

adamsteve14
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I thought this would be a major injury.... 4-5 weeks? I could be wrong.

It sounds like anywhere from 2 weeks for a minor tear and the rest of the season if its a complete tear.

Big7Ben86
10-31-2010, 10:10 PM
damnit, playin the superbowl champs on the road is never easy

some reasons why we lost imo:
mike tomlin challenge, should have used that on the goalline run by mendenhall
the goaline stand by the saints
4th and 4
heath miller fumble
troy polamalu mistake on 50 yard pass(slightly poor game)
let drew brees take over the game in the second half, ben missed some throws
let an injured defense dominate our offense
gave them short fields on their TD's

o well, 5-2 aint bad

Misctify
10-31-2010, 10:14 PM
damnit, playin the superbowl champs on the road is never easy

some reasons why we lost imo:
mike tomlin challenge, should have used that on the goalline run by mendenhall
the goaline stand by the saints
4th and 4
heath miller fumble
troy polamalu mistake on 50 yard pass(slightly poor game)
let drew brees take over the game in the second half, ben missed some throws
let an injured defense dominate our offense
gave them short fields on their TD's

o well, 5-2 aint bad

This is the biggest one I think. The way they were rolling I think the drive would have ended in a TD, if anything a FG which would have tied.

TAWS6
10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
no shame in losing to the defending champs. see you in a few weeks.

kethnaab
10-31-2010, 11:05 PM
the moment we failed to score a TD after that sack/fumble recovery is the moment we lost the game.

you simply don't deserve to win games when you fail to score on possessions like that.

anonymous
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
damnet man im disappointed. we should have had a win here, the mistakes were frustrating as fuk tonight

Blasphemy
10-31-2010, 11:21 PM
miller destoryed us

Big7Ben86
10-31-2010, 11:44 PM
the moment we failed to score a TD after that sack/fumble recovery is the moment we lost the game.

you simply don't deserve to win games when you fail to score on possessions like that.

i thought we were goin to :(

sucks, one word to sum up heath miller is reliable, and unfortunately, he made a huge mistake

but i guess thats what happens when you throw to a legit tight end once a game

Blasphemy
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
yeah, he rarely f*cks up but this was that one time ona big game, primetime, that he ate it.

JTrain306
11-02-2010, 12:23 AM
NFL likely to fine Steelers LB James Harrison for hitting defenseless QB Drew Brees with crown of his helmet late in Sunday's 4th quarter.

pAhilHh_aCw

thegenerel
11-02-2010, 05:41 AM
NFL likely to fine Steelers LB James Harrison for hitting defenseless QB Drew Brees with crown of his helmet late in Sunday's 4th quarter.

pAhilHh_aCw

what. this is getting retarded.

NFL likely to reimburse Steelers LB James Harrison for being blatantly held for five seconds before hitting defenseless QB Drew Brees with crown of his helmet late in Sunday's 4th quarter.

mchoodie
11-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Can't blame Heath Miller for that one. Yeah the fumble was very costly, but the offense didn't do much all game. Three cracks at the goal line starting from half a yard out and you can't score? come on now. Bruce Arians is a horrid OC. Should have been using the tight ends and running backs as pass catching threats when the saints blitzing was overly aggressive.

thegenerel
11-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Can't blame Heath Miller for that one. Yeah the fumble was very costly, but the offense didn't do much all game. Three cracks at the goal line starting from half a yard out and you can't score? come on now. Bruce Arians is a horrid OC. Should have been using the tight ends and running backs as pass catching threats when the saints blitzing was overly aggressive.

the funny thing is, ARE's TD was reversed, and Mendenhall's should of been TD was never challenged.

Big7Ben86
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM

pAhilHh_aCw

such a dirty player...should be suspended a minimum 4 games

Pern
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
20 years from now, if the NFL is still up and running, players will be arrested for "illegal" hits. Handcuffed and read rights on the field.

thegenerel
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
so Aaron Smith could be back week 16!!!!

kethnaab
11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
so Aaron Smith could be back week 16!!!!

I'd rather he came back week 18, to be quite honest.

thegenerel
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd rather he came back week 18, to be quite honest.

week 18 is the wild card

you mean week 19...or 20...or 21?

kethnaab
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
week 18 is the wild card

you mean week 19...or 20...or 21?

no

week 18, so he has a bye week to get ready for the first week of the playoffs. :)

thegenerel
11-02-2010, 02:56 PM
no

week 18, so he has a bye week to get ready for the first week of the playoffs. :)

oh, back to practice. im thinking the lineup.

Big7Ben86
11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
why dont we use our tight ends???

JTrain306
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
adam_schefter adam schefter
nfl likely to fine steelers lb james harrison for hitting defenseless qb drew brees with crown of his helmet late in sunday's 4th quarter.

pahilhh_acw
$20,000

thegenerel
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
$20,000

why do you keep telling us about our team?

ryan36_1
11-04-2010, 11:31 AM

notsureifsrs

TEs caught 21% and 23% of our passes the past two years. This year that percentage has dropped a little, but let's see where it ends up by season's end. Ben has only played 3 games.

JTrain306
11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
why do you keep telling us about our team?
u mad?

kethnaab
11-05-2010, 09:14 AM

because Miller has gotten worse every season since his rookie year and Spaeth was never good

oh yeah, and because Bruce Arians is one of the worst OCs in the NFL.

Pern
11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
because Miller has gotten worse every season since his rookie year and Spaeth was never good

oh yeah, and because Bruce Arians is one of the worst OCs in the NFL.

Because they don't use him. If Miller was on the Colts, he'd be breaking records.

Big7Ben86
11-15-2010, 12:14 AM
meh

lovebbing
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
meh

no more talking crap about the pats anymore eh?

TAWS6
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Good game guys. Steelers are still a top team imo. Every team has had a bad week this season.

leafs43
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Here is the stats that lost the Steelers that game:

Only 6 carries for Mendenhall in the 1st half.

The steelers decided to out think themselves and not do what the browns did. Especially with a patched up offensive line that was atrocious in pass protection all night giving Ben almost no help in play selection.

This was especially true at the goal line. 3 trips inside the 10 they ran the ball once.

DanTheManB
11-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Here is the stats that lost the Steelers that game:

Only 6 carries for Mendenhall in the 1st half.

The steelers decided to out think themselves and not do what the browns did. Especially with a patched up offensive line that was atrocious in pass protection all night giving Ben almost no help in play selection.

This was especially true at the goal line. 3 trips inside the 10 they ran the ball once.

really? and here I thought it was the starry eyed look by ben and flat defensive play

Big7Ben86
11-15-2010, 12:49 AM
no more talking crap about the pats anymore eh?

phaggot, least the browns didnt stomp us

leafs43
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
really? and here I thought it was the starry eyed look by ben and flat defensive play

The defense did play pretty poorly. Probably the poorest I have seen them play since 2003 when the Chiefs had priest holmes.

They caused almost no pressure and couldn't make plays in the secondary. That will make even mediocre offenses look efficient in the passing game.

But sustaining drives is one of the best way to kill rhythm of an opposing offense. The steelers couldn't do it.

Big7Ben86
11-15-2010, 12:55 AM
the 2 dropped TD's, missed TD on sanders, and missed FG didnt help either

but our offense comes out flat every week, what is goin on?

as for the defense, this is a wake up call. this wont happen twice in a season, i see us making major adjustments

good news is that there is still 7 games to figure this **** out before playoffs

lovebbing
11-15-2010, 04:35 AM
phaggot, least the browns didnt stomp us

no. the pats did.

http://malcolm816.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/macros/megaman-derp.jpg

thegenerel
11-15-2010, 07:26 AM
the game last night was dictated by poor oline play from the steelers and great oline play by the patriots.

im not sure if the steelers should go for a tackle in R1 or a guard in R2. id like to see maurkice pouncey at rg or wiz from psu. both will likely play RG in the NFL. essex is the weak link of a weak OL.

Misctify
11-15-2010, 08:13 AM
no. the pats did.

[img]http://malcolm816.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/macros/megaman-derp.jpg[img]

The Pats beating us by 13 > the Browns beatings us by 20.

thegenerel
11-15-2010, 08:23 AM
The Pats beating us by 13 > the Browns beatings us by 20.

that guy is a seahawks fan.

kethnaab
11-15-2010, 09:22 AM
the 2 dropped TD's, missed TD on sanders, and missed FG didnt help either

but our offense comes out flat every week, what is goin on?

Bruce Arians is a ****tard.

as for the defense, this is a wake up call. this wont happen twice in a season, i see us making major adjustments

he doesn't adjust. Brady's been doing this to us for a decade, and our defensive scheme never changes.

It makes perfect sense to take 2 of the best pass rushers in the game in Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison and drop them back into coverage constantly.

It makes sense to play our corners 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and 5...over and over and over again....

Pern
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Any news on Timmons?

Getting tired of these injuries. To go all the way, you have to be lucky and go injury free. Not looking like the case this year.

RudeKong
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Bruce Arians is a ****tard.

Every game I say this about 100 times. I dont understand why you change what has been working based on Ben coming back. The first 4 games arians looked like he actually knew how to run an offense. Then once Ben comes back he does a 180 on the play callings and every now every game comes down to the wire.

Big7Ben86
11-19-2010, 10:57 PM
bens gonna have to play amazing for us to win this sunday

on a side note, i met sepulveda last night, got my jersey signed. great guy. ****in tank for a punter

kethnaab
11-19-2010, 11:00 PM
bens gonna have to play amazing for us to win this sunday

on a side note, i met sepulveda last night, got my jersey signed. great guy. ****in tank for a punter

yeah, he's about 235 lbs. He played LB in college along with punting.

Big7Ben86
11-19-2010, 11:10 PM
yeah, he's about 235 lbs. He played LB in college along with punting.

ya walked on at baylor as a LB

Pern
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Steelers are going to have to play a team as physical / violent as the Jets and Ravens in the playoffs, for any chance at advancing, due to hard hitting being illegal now.

thegenerel
11-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Steelers are going to have to play a team as physical / violent as the Jets and Ravens in the playoffs, for any chance at advancing, due to hard hitting being illegal now.

fortunately they can heal up this week as the Bills shouldnt be too difficult.

if they can beat Buffalo and the Ravens, the division is essentially theirs to lose.

Misctify
11-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Yesterday was so awesome.. Rolling up to a sports bar with 5 Raider fans. Seeing all the Raider fans pissed off. There was only a handful of Steeler fans. People getting pissed watching me walk around sporting the jersey and jacket. Ha ha

jross2021
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
oh hai there, cant believe I havent seen this before.

ryan36_1
11-22-2010, 09:52 AM

NFFL. National Flag Football League.

if they can beat Buffalo and the Ravens, the division is essentially theirs to lose.

Going into Baltimore is a tough task. This may be a WC team this year.

thegenerel
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Yesterday was so awesome.. Rolling up to a sports bar with 5 Raider fans. Seeing all the Raider fans pissed off. There was only a handful of Steeler fans. People getting pissed watching me walk around sporting the jersey and jacket. Ha ha

were they all mexicans (no racist)

Misctify
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
were they all mexicans (no racist)

You even have to ask?

Big7Ben86
11-22-2010, 11:49 AM
hopefully after some of those BS calls woodley and harrison lose the spotlight of being victims to goodell

hindes204
11-22-2010, 12:21 PM
It was nice to see us actually pressure the qb this week

FormulaLT1poweR
11-22-2010, 04:11 PM

We are talking about the Steelers who continue to play down to the competition level. The Bills are turning their season around, so it's not a simple W...

kethnaab
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
We are talking about the Steelers who continue to play down to the competition level.

agreed, but we didn't do this vs. Oakland, the first time I've seen us really blow a team out

FormulaLT1poweR
11-22-2010, 04:17 PM
agreed, but we didn't do this vs. Oakland, the first time I've seen us really blow a team out

I was very surprised to be completely honest.

Hopefully we can roll Buffalo and take a chance to get a little healthier for the playoff push. A lot of Buffalo's success as happened because of FredEx, and I don't think he can deliver on Sunday! Steve Johnson is emerging as a go-to WR for Fitzpatrick who hasn't played awful either...

hindes204
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM

Yea, it was nice to see us play like I know we can. The Bills are a much worse team than Oakland, so hopefully we blow them out too

thegenerel
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
We are talking about the Steelers who continue to play down to the competition level. The Bills are turning their season around, so it's not a simple W...

i regret not capitalizing SHOULDNT

it SHOULDNT be a tough game, but it very well could be.

Big7Ben86
11-28-2010, 02:53 PM
wtf did i just watch????

squeez'em suisham for the win

thegenerel
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
i regret not capitalizing SHOULDNT

it SHOULDNT be a tough game, but it very well could be.

looks like Formula and I were right

wtf did i just watch????

squeez'em suisham for the win

ok, so Jeff Reed has made ZERO FGs from 40-49 this year and Suisham made 3 today...

Big7Ben86
11-28-2010, 03:47 PM
looks like Formula and I were right

ok, so Jeff Reed has made ZERO FGs from 40-49 this year and Suisham made 3 today...

actually the last one was 41 yards, making that 4 field goals.

in the bars deep in southside, jeff reed is smacking a bottle hard tonight

viperjes
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
came out of church checked my phone and was like WTF overtime !! got the W though

snwdevl10
12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
so glad we pulled out the W last night

great play by troy then redman getting into the endzone on that pass was amazing

Big7Ben86
12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
we need an offensive TD

Big7Ben86
12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
tomlin better stand up for his players instead of playing the saying the right thing card

this is getting ridiculous

thegenerel
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
tomlin better stand up for his players instead of playing the saying the right thing card

this is getting ridiculous

3 bad missed calls imo

- Wallace on the fly route on the far side when Cromartie lept/tripped/bumped him. Cannot remember if the Steelers scored.
- Clark unnecessary roughness. not that, but how Kiesel was clearly hooked/held and no call. The Jets later scored.
- Sanders clearly having his jersey grabbed on the fly route on the final drive. no grab and he wouldve had enough seperation to possibly make the game winning td catch.

_NEMESIS_
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Steeler fans crying now, lol...Now you know how the rest of the NFL feels when they play the Steelers...

thegenerel
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Steeler fans crying now, lol...Now you know how the rest of the NFL feels when they play the Steelers...

oh hey Blowsox!

hindes204
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Looks like the Steelers are gonna lock up the #2 seed.

Much needed bye week to rest and at least 1 home playoff game.

I am excite

hindes204
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
This week has been dragging on...looking forward to the battle with Baltimore on Sat.

Gotta pressure Flacco and try to contain Heap, he was out the last time we played them.

kethnaab
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
yeah, I gotta agree. Sick of all the trash talking, let's get this damn week over with.

Steelers need to

Offense:
1) Contain Ngata and Suggs, at least somewhat
2) Avoid stupid turnovers
3) Abuse their overmatched secondary

Defense:
1) Hit Flacco early and often, he is a puss. He crumples under pressure
2) Take away the short outlet and checkdown. He completed nearly 100 of his 306 completions to RBs this past season.
3) Cover Rice and Heap short, and keep their sorry, slowass receivers from getting behind us

Unfortunately, on offense we have possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL (Jonathan Scott) starting, and if Bryant McFadden is out, we have possibly the worst starting CB in the NFL (William Gay)

Ravens are always tough. Always. Ben hasn't lost to them since his concussion season. Hopefully we can still say that on Monday.

ellocolandfried
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
yeah, I gotta agree. Sick of all the trash talking, let's get this damn week over with.

Steelers need to

Offense:
1) Contain Ngata and Suggs, at least somewhat
2) Avoid stupid turnovers
3) Abuse their overmatched secondary

Defense:
1) Hit Flacco early and often, he is a puss. He crumples under pressure
2) Take away the short outlet and checkdown. He completed nearly 100 of his 306 completions to RBs this past season.
3) Cover Rice and Heap short, and keep their sorry, slowass receivers from getting behind us

Unfortunately, on offense we have possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL (Jonathan Scott) starting, and if Bryant McFadden is out, we have possibly the worst starting CB in the NFL (William Gay)

Ravens are always tough. Always. Ben hasn't lost to them since his concussion season. Hopefully we can still say that on Monday.
I was at the game, and wow. If we play in the AFC Championship like we did in the 2nd half, we're superbowl bound regardless of who we play.

Cinderblock
01-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Please beat the Jets, I might end up on suicide watch, jk but srsly.

Sean_A_Nitro
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
We are all blessed to be Steelers fans. Lets take a moment to be thankful for the greatest team in NFL history.

Ruger357
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
We are all blessed to be Steelers fans. Lets take a moment to be thankful for the greatest team in NFL history.

Monday mornings are always the best when you're a Steeler fan!!!

texanadian
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
lol congratz on the win steelers brahs, in case you didnt see this earlier

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1196/1799980sgif0.gif

lol'd so hard at mendenhall trolling national tv

thegenerel
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
jimwexell James C Wexell

Saw Pouncey on crutches. He told me it's a sprain. I asked if 2 weeks. He said, 'Three days.'

From Wex' Twitter account.

hindes204
01-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Pouncey is a tough dude, hopefully he's good to go in two weeks. That guys got pure talent, just another center in a long line of Steeler greats at that position

HERE WE GO....STEELERS, HERE WE GO.....PITTSBURGHS GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Jess40
01-24-2011, 05:56 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd217/mikefromtheburgh/steelersd.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/BettyJean611/2008_Steelers_Defense_web_101881.jpg

ChicagoCubz
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone, huge Steelers fan here.

Benchencurlen
01-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Bump.

*waves terrible towel*

bignpisst
02-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Hey everyone, huge Steelers fan here.

you mean a vagina hurt bears fan

thegenerel
02-01-2011, 07:11 AM
you mean a vagina hurt bears fan

responding to a week old post doesnt make you seem any better than that.

plus its an obvious joke.

Blasphemy
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
who should we be gettin in the draft and free agency?

cb

champ?

old champ + taylor + troy = field shut down

the other 3 corners ... been f*ckin up.

hindes204
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
who should we be gettin in the draft and free agency?

cb

champ?

old champ + taylor + troy = field shut down

the other 3 corners ... been f*ckin up.

Champ is getting up there in age. I would love to get Asomugha, but no way we drop the required money to get him. Two other young guys we should look at are Grimes (Falcons) and Marshall (Panthers)

Blasphemy
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
yeah... i didn't even mention Asomugha cause he too expensive.

kethnaab
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
champ?

Asomugha
Grimes (Falcons)
Marshall (Panthers)

Champ, no dice. Asomugha, obviously but unfortunately we won't.

Grimes and Marshall are 2 guys I like, but apparently Marshall wants #1 CB money and he's not worth that by any stretch. I also have a feeling Grimes will be looking for top CB money

I'd love to see the Steelers go for Oshi Atogwe, but that won't happen either. FA just isn't our style.

I am holding out hope that we pick up a guy like Justin Blalock from Atlanta though. Great player, fills a position of need, semi-unknown so he won't cost as much, Atlanta has an absolute $hit-ton of FAs including 3 FA OL with Blalock being lowest priority (I hope), and there are a ton of better known OGs in FA this coming season.

thegenerel
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
acquire James Neal.

hindes204
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
acquire James Neal.

Well, he's heading to Pittsburgh, do you think he will help the Steelers secondary, hes a young solid player

Lol....wat

kethnaab
02-21-2011, 07:39 PM
James Neal is a good shortstop.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Let's face it guys...I don't want to be the Debbie Downer, but we are not going to address anything via free agency. Most of us are 20-30 year olds, who have followed Steelers football for just as long...and name the last BIG name free agent we've brought in? Deuce Staley...LMFAO, Jerome Bettis is probably the only one I can think of.

Nmandi Asomguah - Way too much money...honestly doesn't fit our scheme very well. The obvious problem here is the $ aspect of it, and like always we won't give him nearly what other will.

Champ Bailey - This is the guy I'd LOVE to have, yes even more than Aso. Fits our scheme very well, and a lock down corner...that COULD come a little cheaper simply because of his age. He wants to play for a contender (we fit that portion), but he's probably going to Atlanta since he's from that area.

OJ Atogwe - Again I don't think he'd play well with us. He sort of reminds me of Ed Reed with his ball hawking abilities, but we've already got that in Troy P. We'd have potential to get pounded over top with TWO safety's that want the ball, and like to play close to the line. I'd almost rather keep Clark with his hitting abilities...

O-Line...probably isn't in as bad as shape as everyone makes it out to be. Remember we played without our 3 BEST OL in the Super Bowl, and played without 2 of them most of the year. Address this via the draft...

I did read a few interesting articles awhile ago concerning the Steelers and the draft. Wish I could remember where I read them...

1.) 2004 Bill Cowher wanted NOTHING to do with Ben Roethlisberger. We were going into that draft trying to get Dunta Robinson...once he was taken, we were trying to trade out of the 11th pick, and take the 2nd best corner (Gamble) later on, but couldn't get the value for 1.11. Houston took Robinson at 1.10, and we got "stuck" with Roethlisberger at 1.11, thank god we have Kevin Colbert!

2.) 2007 Draft it was well known we were coveting Darrell Revis, and were pulling the trigger on him. The NYJ who were also high on him, knew we would be the first team to take him...and traded with Carolina for 1.14 and took him. We ended up with Timmons at 1.15. Revis liked the area, and obviously went to Pitt, so he had no problems with us taking him. Just to THINK we missed HIM by 1 pick irks me. No hate on Timmons, but with Revis we would have a remarkable secondary!

kethnaab
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Let's face it guys...I don't want to be the Debbie Downer, but we are not going to address anything via free agency. Most of us are 20-30 year olds, who have followed Steelers football for just as long...and name the last BIG name free agent we've brought in? Deuce Staley...LMFAO, Jerome Bettis is probably the only one I can think of.

James Farrior and Jeff Hartings are the best FAs we've picked up. Pretty sure that Bus was a trade

Nmandi Asomguah - Way too much money...honestly doesn't fit our scheme very well.

he fits every scheme well

Champ Bailey - This is the guy I'd LOVE to have, yes even more than Aso.

bah. you bumped your head.

OJ Atogwe - Again I don't think he'd play well with us. He sort of reminds me of Ed Reed with his ball hawking abilities, but we've already got that in Troy P. We'd have potential to get pounded over top with TWO safety's that want the ball, and like to play close to the line. I'd almost rather keep Clark with his hitting abilities...

nah, Troy can't do his thing now because Clark can't cover. Let Atogwe play FS and let Troy do his thing

1.) 2004 Bill Cowher wanted NOTHING to do with Ben Roethlisberger. We were going into that draft trying to get Dunta Robinson...once he was taken, we were trying to trade out of the 11th pick, and take the 2nd best corner (Gamble) later on, but couldn't get the value for 1.11. Houston took Robinson at 1.10, and we got "stuck" with Roethlisberger at 1.11, thank god we have Kevin Colbert!

this was a rumor going around, as was the rumor regarding Cowher wanting an OL. What ended up happening is that Dan said "you don't pass up a franchise QB, learn from our mistake" (1983 Marino)

it wasn't that they didn't want Marino, it's that they thought they could "get by" with our boy at the time.

2007 Draft it was well known we were coveting Darrell Revis, and were pulling the trigger on him. The NYJ who were also high on him, knew we would be the first team to take him...and traded with Carolina for 1.14 and took him. We ended up with Timmons at 1.15. Revis liked the area, and obviously went to Pitt, so he had no problems with us taking him. Just to THINK we missed HIM by 1 pick irks me. No hate on Timmons, but with Revis we would have a remarkable secondary!

I've heard that talk, and I've also heard the talk that Tomlin purposely "pimped" his like of Revis to try to convince other teams to move up and draft him, although he intended to grab Timmons all along.

unfortunately, you're probably right, it is doubtful we will do anything in FA other sign our own, which is good in some cases, not so good in others.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
James Farrior and Jeff Hartings are the best FAs we've picked up. Pretty sure that Bus was a trade

he fits every scheme well

bah. you bumped your head.

nah, Troy can't do his thing now because Clark can't cover. Let Atogwe play FS and let Troy do his thing

this was a rumor going around, as was the rumor regarding Cowher wanting an OL. What ended up happening is that Dan said "you don't pass up a franchise QB, learn from our mistake" (1983 Marino)

it wasn't that they didn't want Marino, it's that they thought they could "get by" with our boy at the time.

I've heard that talk, and I've also heard the talk that Tomlin purposely "pimped" his like of Revis to try to convince other teams to move up and draft him, although he intended to grab Timmons all along.

unfortunately, you're probably right, it is doubtful we will do anything in FA other sign our own, which is good in some cases, not so good in others.

I'd agree with Farrior, he's been a focal point of our D for a lot of years...didn't realize we got him as a FA. I thought it was a trade.

I'm meh w/ Hartings...

I'm not saying Aso can't fit our scheme...he's IMO an "elite CB". Granted no one throws his way...but think about it. We obviously have the Zone Blitz approach w/ our corners giving a cushion. Aso is usually man-up, and can lock down his guy. How well is he in run support? Ike Taylor is pretty damn solid in that category...

My wife is a Bronco fan...I've watched a lot of Champ. I'm a fan...and would love to have him in Black and Gold. I'm saying I'd rather have him because we could get him cheaper than Aso, and he's more likely to sign a shorter deal...thus leaving more money for other players. On talent alone Aso > Champ w/ no questions asked.

Troy was "exposed" as a SS in the Super Bowl. Moreso Green Bay abusing our 3&4 CB's and Troy trying to cover the entire field. I think I remember ONE play where Polamalu was crowding the line...every other time he was 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage...that's not his style. Our FS needs to be able to cover sideline to sideline, Clark isn't "bad" at it...he's not "great" at it either...haha. I dunno about Atogwe to be honest...I'm expecting a high price tag for him as well...

Rumors are just those...rumors...but still fun to read during the offseason. In the Roethlisberger scenario you are happy w/ the outcome. However w/ the Revis scenario you are screaming damn it 4 years later, with lots of LBs, and 1 CB. :(

kethnaab
02-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Aso is very good in run support. To be honest, he's basically Ike with better press and ball skills. Yeah, he's expensive but damn would he be a great addition

I don't think Champ is worth the $$ anymore by any stretch. If he could be had cheap, he'd be a great pickup

Troy was stuck 10+ yards off the ball like you mention. Atogwe is outstanding, but he probably will be too dern expensive.

as for Revis, remember, he'd be every bit as expensive as Nnamdi, and we'd be stuck with Larry Foote playing ILB

FormulaLT1poweR
02-22-2011, 08:18 PM
CB Champ Bailey has resigned w/ the Broncos 4 year $43 Million
CB Ronde Barber has resigned w/ the Bucs 1 year ~3 Million

T Willie Colon is not expected to be resigned by the Steelers.
CB Jonathon Joseph is not expected to be resigned by the Bengals.

Big7Ben86
02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
didnt the steelers pass on dan marino because of drug issues?

kethnaab
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM

T Willie Colon is not expected to be resigned by the Steelers.
CB Jonathon Joseph is not expected to be resigned by the Bengals.

I like those bottom 2 non-sign'ers

rumors of said drug use, yes.

Blasphemy
02-28-2011, 04:12 AM

.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

.Dont care.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Dont care.

Ronde Barber > Bryant McFadden, William Gay, Antony Madison, Joe Burnett, Crezdon Butler...

Thus why I care...

Blasphemy
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
ehhh ronde is one of my all time faves but father time has BEEN calling.

thegenerel
04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I need draft help, havent had much free time to read draft stuff, who have the Steelers looked at as R1 possibilities?

OT? What about Pouncey/Watkins? and CB/S?

jross2021
04-15-2011, 10:01 AM

jakes on Marino..

jross2021
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
who you guys think they're gonna pick?

Really hoping for a corner, but I don't know too much about any corners in the draft.

viperjes
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
who you guys think they're gonna pick?

Really hoping for a corner, but I don't know too much about any corners in the draft.

i wanted a corner too brah, guess we can get one tomorrow

thegenerel
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
BPA was Heyward, and I know the Steelers loved him.

he is a monster, but doesnt necessarily fill the biggest need. I guess they didnt like Williams/Harris/Sherrod.

it could also be due to good value at CB in R2/3

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 05:48 AM
BPA was Heyward, and I know the Steelers loved him.

he is a monster, but doesnt necessarily fill the biggest need. I guess they didnt like Williams/Harris/Sherrod.

it could also be due to good value at CB in R2/3

How was BPA Heyward...when Bowers was sitting on the board. Injury or not, you can't argue that fact. Heyward was no where near the BPA on Kiper or McShay's best available...

Pittsburgh did horrible...Amukamara and Jimmy Smith were on the board waiting for us to trade up...and of course we didn't.

Instead they drafted a guy who will not help instantly, and will sit the bench.

We lost the Super Bowl due to our secondary being torched...yet we do NOTHING about it. Hell right now it's worse off w/ no guarantee Ike Taylor will be back. Hopefully they resign Ike, and make a move toward Aso.

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
How was BPA Heyward...when Bowers was sitting on the board. Injury or not, you can't argue that fact. Heyward was no where near the BPA on Kiper or McShay's best available...

Pittsburgh did horrible...Amukamara and Jimmy Smith were on the board waiting for us to trade up...and of course we didn't.

We lost the Super Bowl due to our secondary being torched...yet we do NOTHING about it. Hell right now it's worse off w/ no guarantee Ike Taylor will be back. Hopefully they resign Ike, and make a move toward Aso.

Bowers is talented but is too much of a risk. there is a reason why he has not been picked.

Jimmy Smith wasnt getting picked by the Steelers.

Amukamara would have cost this years 1+2, I doubt the Steelers loved him that much.

Asomugha is not realistic

As for Heyward, he was the only real 3-4 DE prospect left in the first few rounds, there are plenty of CB/OL guys in R2/3. That is a big reason why they took him 1st. Imo it boiled down to Heyward, Williams, and Sherrod. Brandon Harris is reportedly slipping and could be available for the R2 pick.

Who knows what the Steelers board is and where they rank the CBs. If they feel the drop off from Williams to Dowling/Brown/etc is less than that of Heyward to the next guy, Heyward wouldve been the pick. The draft is 1/8th of the way through, who knows what can happen next.

Goby
04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Y U take all OSU players?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Bowers is talented but is too much of a risk. there is a reason why he has not been picked.

Amukamara would have cost this years 1+2, I doubt the Steelers loved him that much.

As for Heyward, he was the only real 3-4 DE prospect left in the first few rounds, there are plenty of CB/OL guys in R2/3. That is a big reason why they took him 1st. Imo it boiled down to Heyward, Williams, and Sherrod. Brandon Harris is reportedly slipping and could be available for the R2 pick.

Who knows what the Steelers board is and where they rank the CBs. If they feel the drop off from Williams to Dowling/Brown/etc is less than that of Heyward to the next guy, Heyward wouldve been the pick. The draft is 1/8th of the way through, who knows what can happen next.

Rumor has it the Steelers wanted to trade up (for who I dont know) but the cost was too great. Supposedly the price was too high...because it was the Steelers. The KC trade was a 1 and a 3. I would have easily done that for Amukamara.

Every year we ignore our biggest weakness...CB. We've won 2 Super Bowls with a horrid make shift OL. And greatly improved it with Pouncey. We lost the last Super Bowl because of our corners, not DE, OL or anything else!

I dont hate the pick...and he should be a good Steeler. However I strongly think we needed to move to get Amukamara after Mike Pouncey was taken at 15.

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Not sure how to think about it. Is a good fit as a 3-4 end, but even if Aaron Smith is never healthy again, we were still solid with Diesel and Ziggy for the next few years.

I'm fine with not taking an O-lineman, because IMO once you get past the top 20, there is significant risk on lineman, so I don't mind targeting high-upside mid round guys.

As far as CB, the guys that the experts and fans thought the Steelers were targeting were all there, so not sure why they didn't go that way. Fingers are crossed that they had those guys rated lower than the experts on their boards and have a few second round guys in mind that they see as equivalent talents.

7.5/10. Solid C. Could be like the Mendenhall pick where they took a position that they didn't need immediately, but picked up a solid starter for the future.

cbad, aware me on the character concerns. I'm a Buckeye fan and I'm pretty sure that they don't exist. From all accounts, it is quite the opposite - solid NFL family, no problems in school, skipped draft to keep promise to dad before he passed to finish school.

My thoughts for the draft grade thread.

Y U take all OSU players?

Dunno, the Santonio pick was obvious, last year I thought the Gibson pick was bad because he didn't fit the 3-4 He was more athletic than Gholston (as an OLB, not as a 4-3 end) but it was still a stretch for me seeing him play with his hand off the ground. Worthington, I thought was a good value pick as a 3-4 end. He didn't pan out, but that's not uncommon in the 7th round.

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 10:06 AM

1) Kiper and McShay are idiots, always have been.
2) Bowers is a DND. There's a reason he was still on the board. Trust the NFL's medical doctors. You don't mess with someone who requires microsurgery.

It's more than just "trade up". You can't trade up without a trading partner. Skins wanted Kerrigan, Pats wanted Solder, and the Bolts wanted Liuget. Gotta have someone who will trade with you. No one was going to trade with us without requiring ridiculous needs.

1) Ike will be back.
2) Smith is no better than what is available on the board still. If Dowling is healthy, he's better than Smith.

Rumor has it the Steelers wanted to trade up (for who I dont know) but the cost was too great. Supposedly the price was too high...because it was the Steelers. The KC trade was a 1 and a 3. I would have easily done that for Amukamara.

it would've been a lot more for us.

Every year we ignore our biggest weakness...CB. We've won 2 Super Bowls with a horrid make shift OL. And greatly improved it with Pouncey. We lost the last Super Bowl because of our corners, not DE, OL or anything else!

agreed on the reason we have lost. However, Heyward was the best player there. I'm more angry we didn't move up to grab Carimi, although there was no way others were going to allow that to happen considering who fell that deep

I dont hate the pick...and he should be a good Steeler. However I strongly think we needed to move to get Amukamara after Mike Pouncey was taken at 15.

to move from 31 to 15, it would take AT LEAST this year's 1st and 2nd. No way is Amukamara worth that much. I love the guy's game, but Dowling would've been right alongside Amukamara for #2 CB in the nation without the injuries. If the Steelers' medical docs clear him, we're in good shape.

Dunno, the Santonio pick was obvious, last year I thought the Gibson pick was bad because he didn't fit the 3-4 He was more athletic than Gholston (as an OLB, not as a 4-3 end) but it was still a stretch for me seeing him play with his hand off the ground. Worthington, I thought was a good value pick as a 3-4 end. He didn't pan out, but that's not uncommon in the 7th round.

Gibson was a great pick for as late as we got him. Annoyed we didn't keep him though.

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Granted I have no clue how the Steelers felt about the following, but my guess is that they were set on Sherrod, Heyward or Williams.

Imo, Williams filled the biggest need BUT that is if the Steelers felt he was a CB.

Heyward was the best of the 3 (imo) but DE was their 3rd biggest need. Keisel is 32/33 and is banged up. Hood is becoming the player the Steelers expected. Aaron Smith might be done.

The Steelers rarely reach to fill a need, and 95% of the time it pays off. Their 1st round picks are impeccable. Pouncey, Hood, Mendy, Timmons, Holmes, Miller, Ben, Troy

Lets be optimistic, they know what they are doing. Ignore the general public, they are morons. They cry "why not BPA" when they go for need, but scream for need when they go BPA.

Plus there is a ton of great players to nab tonight

“What a great pick,” Mike Mayock said of the Steelers adding Heyward. “He’s one of the toughest football players in the country. (Steelers GM) Kevin Colbert always pulls one out at the end of the first round.”

Added Pat Kirwan: “For the Packers and Steelers to get those guys without having to move picks is pretty impressive.”

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 10:18 AM
R2/3 Targets:

CB: Williams, Harris, Dowling, Patrick (lots of Steeler buzz), Brown
OL: Franklin, Ijalana (watch him), Cannon, Gilbert, Hudson

2011 Visits

Others*

Aaron Williams, CB, Texas (6-0, 204, 4.55, No. 4, R1-2)
Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego St. (5-11, 187, 4.68, No. 20, R5)
Weslye Saunders, TE, South Carolina (6-5, 267, 4.96, No. 11, R6-7)
Davon Morgan, SS, Virginia Tech (6-0, 194, 4.76, No. 23, R-FA)
Curtis Brown, CB, Texas (6-0,185, 4.51, No. 9, R2-3)
Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville (5-11, 191, 4.59, No. 13, R3-4)
Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State (6-1, 197, 4.42, No. 15, R3-4)
Buster Skrine, CB, Tennessee-Chattanooga (5-10, 186, 4.37, No. 17, R4)
Frank Kearse, DT, Alabama A&M (6-4, 315, 5.30, No. 37, R-FA)
Anthony Gray, DT, Southern Miss (5-11, 330, 5.18, No. 24, R7-FA)
Zach Clayton, DT, Auburn (6-2, 299, 4.85, No. 27, R7-FA)
Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall (5-11, 257, 4.46, No. 8, R5)
Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington (6-0, 196, 4.35, No. 11, R3-4)
Dwight Dasher, RB/WR/QB, Middle Tennessee (5-9, 208, 4.68, No. 53, R-FA)
Julius Thomas, TE, Portland State (6-5, 246, 4.64, No. 8, R5)
Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian (6-0, 192, 4.31, No. 9, R3)
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee (6-0, 194, 4.43, No. 11, R3-4)
Tyler Beiler, WR, Bridgewater (6-0, 190, 4.39, No. 128, R-FA)

* via Dale Lolley’s blog and Wex

4/19/11
Marcus Cannon*, G/T, Texas Christian (6-5, 358, 5.26, No. 6, R2)
Keith Williams, G, Nebraska (6-4, 318, 5.28, No. 9, R5)

* More on Cannon from Doug Farrar

4/12/11
- Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor (6-3, 334, 5.09, No. 4, R1-2)

4/7/11
- Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel (6-1, 197, 4.50, No. 19, R4-5)
- Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia (6-1, 198, 4.40, No. 6, R2)
- Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State (6-3, 209, 4.56, No. 17, R4-5)
- Da’rel Scott, RB, Maryland (5-11, 211, 4.40, No. 18, R5-6)

4/4/11
* As far as we know, the Steelers have yet to meet with either player, but will include them here since it was mentioned in this report. If neither shows up on the South Side prior to the draft, we’ll remove them from this list.

- Cameron Jordan, DE, California (6-4, 287, 4.74, No. 3, R1)
- Rodney Hudson, C/G, Florida St. (6-2, 299, 5.27, No. 1 center, R2)

4/1/11
- James Carpenter, T, Alabama (6-4, 321, 5.22, No. 7, R2)
- Marcus Gilbert, T, Florida (6-6, 330, 5.41, No. 10, R3-4)
- Jarriel King, T, South Carolina (6-5, 317, 5.03, No. 24, R7-FA)

3/22/11
- Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hampton (6-5, 346, 5.19, No. 9, R2-3)

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM

agreed on all points, except that there is no dropoff from Williams to Dowling in my opinion. The dropoff from Heyward to the next 3-4 DE is a cliff. There is a TON of talent left at CB and a good bit of talent left at OL. we could easily package some later picks and grab Iljana and Dowling still and fill our 3 biggest needs in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
agreed on all points, except that there is no dropoff from Williams to Dowling in my opinion. The dropoff from Heyward to the next 3-4 DE is a cliff. There is a TON of talent left at CB and a good bit of talent left at OL. we could easily package some later picks and grab Iljana and Dowling still and fill our 3 biggest needs in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft.

If we get Dowling...I will be more than happy.

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 10:31 AM

if they get Iljana and Dowling....hnnnnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhh

they will nab a very good OL/CB prospect in R2. Im not sure how many good OL guys will be around in R3, but even a guy like Chekwa would make me happy.

Do you not like Williams?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

they will nab a very good OL/CB prospect in R2. Im not sure how many good OL guys will be around in R3, but even a guy like Chekwa would make me happy.

Do you not like Williams?

Iljana and Dowling. I will end my rant...

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Granted I have no clue how the Steelers felt about the following, but my guess is that they were set on Sherrod, Heyward or Williams.

Imo, Williams filled the biggest need BUT that is if the Steelers felt he was a CB.

I hope he's not the guy

Heyward was the best of the 3 (imo) but DE was their 3rd biggest need. Keisel is 32/33 and is banged up. Hood is becoming the player the Steelers expected. Aaron Smith might be done.

I love the Demolition Man, but he's been injured and missed substantial time 3 out of 4 seasons. This was a need pick as much as a BPA pick, make no mistake.

R2/3 Targets:

CB: Williams, Harris, Dowling, Patrick (lots of Steeler buzz), Brown
OL: Franklin, Ijalana (watch him), Cannon, Gilbert, Hudson

CB - they'll need to teach Brown how to tackle. If Dowling grades out medically, he's the pick. Not confident in Patrick, he takes too many chances, but we'll see. Carmichael and Marsh might get some attention as well at CB later in the draft, which might cause us to "ease up" a bit in the R2/3 vicinity.

OL - Hell no to all except Ijlana. Cannon has lymphoma. Gilbert and Hudson are fat lazy slobs, a la Kemo.

watch for Bruce Carter, Akeem Ayers (if he drops), Rahim Moore, and Jordan Cameron

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
CB - they'll need to teach Brown how to tackle. If Dowling grades out medically, he's the pick. Not confident in Patrick, he takes too many chances, but we'll see. Carmichael and Marsh might get some attention as well at CB later in the draft, which might cause us to "ease up" a bit in the R2/3 vicinity.

OL - Hell no to all except Ijlana. Cannon has lymphoma. Gilbert and Hudson are fat lazy slobs, a la Kemo.

watch for Bruce Carter, Akeem Ayers (if he drops), Rahim Moore, and Jordan Cameron

what do you dislike about Williams? Thoughts on Harris? (I havent had much free time this Spring to follow the draft)

As for the guys I posted, it was all the guys with R2/3 grades, not necessarily ones that I want or think they will take.

Cannon is interesting, he could drop far enough where its worth the risk.

Patrick sounds like more of a Nickel CB

Interesting that you mention Carter, no on Ayers (not a fan), Moore sounds like a great guy and would be a good R2 pick.

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 12:20 PM
q-5lV7DAOv0

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
If we get Dowling...I will be more than happy.

Iljana and Dowling. I will end my rant...

exactly. Gents, there is a lot of talent on the board. We're still looking good, and we can still package some picks to move up. We don't have a lot of room to move, but there is still some good talent out there.

what do you dislike about Williams? Thoughts on Harris? (I havent had much free time this Spring to follow the draft)

I don't dislike Williams so much as think he's not a 1st rounder. I think he'd be better served as a FS and I'm not entirely sure that his teammate isn't better back there, at least in pure coverage (can't tackle though)

He just doesn't look like a good cover CB for zone or press, just a bit clumsy. He's big and strong though. I like him, but he's Ike Taylor without the speed, and that spells "not this $hit again" to me. We already have a guy like Ike, but without the speed, and we sent him packing to Arizona, who sent him packing right back to us.

Cannon is interesting, he could drop far enough where its worth the risk.

Patrick sounds like more of a Nickel CB

agreed on both points, which is why I wouldn't want to grab Williams, because I don't think he's really that much better. I think that the dropoff from Amu to the group we have now is fairly large, but the group we're in now is comprised of about 6-8 CBs, with Dowling the best of the bunch (caveat empor).

Interesting that you mention Carter, no on Ayers (not a fan), Moore sounds like a great guy and would be a good R2 pick.

only thing about Moore is that he's slow, but unlike Clark, he demonstrates great awareness and ball skills, and apparently he was a VERY big fan of Carnell (who was also a fan of his)

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
so its unlikely that both Dowling and Ijlana end up Steelers, so if you had the choice of one, who would it be?

(hopefully one is there)

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Lol there goes Dowling and Williams at 33 and 34. So much for us fixing a glairing need...

I guess go OL at this point.

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Lol there goes Dowling and Williams at 33 and 34. So much for us fixing a glairing need...

I still think there is alot of DB talent on the board.

GD, I'm missing it because wifey is watching the stupid Royal Wedding.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I still think there is alot of DB talent on the board.

GD, I'm missing it because wifey is watching the stupid Royal Wedding.

I dunno, Dowling would have been nice to have...but again we needed to move for him.

Brandon Harris?! CB out of Miami (FL)...

I'm missing it cuz the kiddo is watching Tom and Jerry...tracking it on my phone though, LOL.

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM

$%^$%!!!!1

FUUUUUUU

grrr...

still talent on the board but I really was hoping RID was going to fall. DAMMIT.

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 04:43 PM
I dunno, Dowling would have been nice to have...but again we needed to move for him.

Brandon Harris?! CB out of Miami (FL)...

I'm missing it cuz the kiddo is watching Tom and Jerry...tracking it on my phone though, LOL.

I've liked Harris since HS, I would like him if he fell to us out of the 2nd round guys left.

Third round guys have potential too.

Like always we will not address a need until round 3 at the earliest. Be it OL or CB.

And I'm sure like always we will have a solid team with few holes, so I'll be ok with it.

kethnaab
04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
well, 4 dudes i really thought might fall to us are gone.

grr....

don't be surprised if the 2nd round pick pisses off a lot of folks (TE or WR)

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
well, 4 dudes i really thought might fall to us are gone.

grr....

don't be surprised if the 2nd round pick pisses off a lot of folks (TE or WR)

Would be Steeler FO being Steeler FO for sure.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Iljana is a goner...

LULZ...

In b4 a TE, LB or QB is taken.

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Best pick from what was left, IMO. I'm not as familiar with him as I am with other guys, but he's a inconsistent, high-ceiling guy, right?

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Best pick from what was left, IMO. I'm not as familiar with him as I am with other guys, but he's a inconsistent, high-ceiling guy, right?

for who was available, Gilbert is a solid pick. there are about 4-5 CBs that will be around in R3.

once I saw Houston trade up to 60, I knew it was for Harris. ugh!

Gilbert played 1 year at each Tackle spot. pretty athletic, certainly has size. Seems like his biggest weakness is that he isnt necessarily soft, but he could get much nastier and more physical. Ourlads put him as a R3 talent. In fact, they predicted the Steelers would take him at 63.

ryan36_1
04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Run on corners. I thought Wright had potential as a good RD3 pickup.

thegenerel
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Run on corners. I thought Wright had potential as a good RD3 pickup.

I was happy about Brown, still a bunch of intriguing prospects.

R4 guys to look into: Taiwan Jones RB E. Washington, Marcus Cannon (how serious is his lymphoma), and Burton CB Utah, Carmichael VTech CB, and Chekwa OSU CB

sp33dk1lls
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
**** I was hoping the Steelers would get Henery.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 11:16 AM
**** I was hoping the Steelers would get Henery.

I'd take both of Philly's picks...

Mathews and Henery.

jross2021
04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
strong practice squad draft

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 11:41 AM
strong practice squad draft

Cortez Allen - CB
The Citadel

STRONG LULZ, our starting CB's...McFadden and Allen/Brown

Those coveted 3rd and 4th Rounders....take our 1st, and give up those ****ty picks for Amukamara...:rolleyes:

thegenerel
04-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Cortez Allen - CB
The Citadel

STRONG LULZ, our starting CB's...McFadden and Allen/Brown

Those coveted 3rd and 4th Rounders....take our 1st, and give up those ****ty picks for Amukamara...:rolleyes:

the Steelers 1, 3, and 4 was equal value to 22/23 overall.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 12:41 PM
the Steelers 1, 3, and 4 was equal value to 22/23 overall.

Considering who we took in Round 2...Id be more than happy to give that pick away as well.

thegenerel
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
R2/3 Targets:
2011 Visits

Others*

Aaron Williams, CB, Texas (6-0, 204, 4.55, No. 4, R1-2)
Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego St. (5-11, 187, 4.68, No. 20, R5)
Weslye Saunders, TE, South Carolina (6-5, 267, 4.96, No. 11, R6-7)
Davon Morgan, SS, Virginia Tech (6-0, 194, 4.76, No. 23, R-FA)
Curtis Brown, CB, Texas (6-0,185, 4.51, No. 9, R2-3)
Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville (5-11, 191, 4.59, No. 13, R3-4)
Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State (6-1, 197, 4.42, No. 15, R3-4)
Buster Skrine, CB, Tennessee-Chattanooga (5-10, 186, 4.37, No. 17, R4)
Frank Kearse, DT, Alabama A&M (6-4, 315, 5.30, No. 37, R-FA)
Anthony Gray, DT, Southern Miss (5-11, 330, 5.18, No. 24, R7-FA)
Zach Clayton, DT, Auburn (6-2, 299, 4.85, No. 27, R7-FA)
Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall (5-11, 257, 4.46, No. 8, R5)
Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington (6-0, 196, 4.35, No. 11, R3-4)
Dwight Dasher, RB/WR/QB, Middle Tennessee (5-9, 208, 4.68, No. 53, R-FA)
Julius Thomas, TE, Portland State (6-5, 246, 4.64, No. 8, R5)
Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian (6-0, 192, 4.31, No. 9, R3)
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee (6-0, 194, 4.43, No. 11, R3-4)
Tyler Beiler, WR, Bridgewater (6-0, 190, 4.39, No. 128, R-FA)

* via Dale Lolley’s blog and Wex

4/19/11
Marcus Cannon*, G/T, Texas Christian (6-5, 358, 5.26, No. 6, R2)
Keith Williams, G, Nebraska (6-4, 318, 5.28, No. 9, R5)

* More on Cannon from Doug Farrar

4/12/11
- Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor (6-3, 334, 5.09, No. 4, R1-2)

4/7/11
- Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel (6-1, 197, 4.50, No. 19, R4-5)
- Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia (6-1, 198, 4.40, No. 6, R2)
- Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State (6-3, 209, 4.56, No. 17, R4-5)
- Da’rel Scott, RB, Maryland (5-11, 211, 4.40, No. 18, R5-6)

4/4/11

- Cameron Jordan, DE, California (6-4, 287, 4.74, No. 3, R1)
- Rodney Hudson, C/G, Florida St. (6-2, 299, 5.27, No. 1 center, R2)

4/1/11
- James Carpenter, T, Alabama (6-4, 321, 5.22, No. 7, R2)
- Marcus Gilbert, T, Florida (6-6, 330, 5.41, No. 10, R3-4)
- Jarriel King, T, South Carolina (6-5, 317, 5.03, No. 24, R7-FA)

3/22/11
- Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hampton (6-5, 346, 5.19, No. 9, R2-3)

Steelers are taking guys they have targeted.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Steelers are taking guys they have targeted.

Another OLB Chris Carter - Fresno State

At least he was BPA. Probably a special teamer...

I'm not overly upset w/ the draft, just think we could have addressed a BIG need at CB.

Then again our draft style (and franchise) is 2nd to none so I've got to have faith in these guys....

NorthernRaZ
04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Why are Steelers fans questioning who their team takes in the draft? As a Browns fan, I sit here every year and scratch my head along with the rest of the NFL when I hear their picks. Then two years later, their picks are off to play in the Pro Bowl.

This team drafts better than anyone else in the league.

thegenerel
04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Another OLB Chris Carter - Fresno State

At least he was BPA. Probably a special teamer...

I'm not overly upset w/ the draft, just think we could have addressed a BIG need at CB.

Then again our draft style (and franchise) is 2nd to none so I've got to have faith in these guys....

read up on him, guy is a great pick. He was one of the top few players left at the time. I saw him as a R3 talent.

Im quite surprised he lasted this long, everything that I have read about him was impressive. he is just under 6'2" 250#, runs a 4.58-4.62 range. 27 Reps, 36" vertical.

Ourlads is really high on him, Kiper's bio says that he is exactly what you look for in a 3-4 OLB. He produced in college (double digit sacks). WAC Defensive POY.

Im still behind in the draft (DVR) and I dont know much about this guard from Nebraska.

he fell a bit due to being a bit raw, but is a fantastic

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 04:38 PM
read up on him, guy is a great pick. He was one of the top few players left at the time. I saw him as a R3 talent.

Im quite surprised he lasted this long, everything that I have read about him was impressive. he is just under 6'2" 250#, runs a 4.58-4.62 range. 27 Reps, 36" vertical.

Ourlads is really high on him, Kiper's bio says that he is exactly what you look for in a 3-4 OLB. He produced in college (double digit sacks). WAC Defensive POY.

Im still behind in the draft (DVR) and I dont know much about this guard from Nebraska.

he fell a bit due to being a bit raw, but is a fantastic

As a Nebraska fan...he's not bad, but there's a reason he lasted this long.

Nothing fantastic, nothing too bad.

Like you mentioned...raw, and needs coaching. Hopefully both OL will at least compete, and push some of these fill-ins off the roster.

thegenerel
04-30-2011, 05:01 PM
I have never heard of this Batch guy.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I have never heard of this Batch guy.

He won't make the team...MAYBE practice squad.

However this pick makes me rage: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player?id=27285&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft%2fplayer%3fid%3d27285

Why didn't we take him! :D

thegenerel
04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I am rooting hard for this Batch kid to stick. damn, what a story.

http://lubbockonline.com/sports/2011-04-15/batch-my-story-batch-looks-back-tough-youth-shaped-his-hopeful-future?v=1302829742

FormulaLT1poweR
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM

http://lubbockonline.com/sports/2011-04-15/batch-my-story-batch-looks-back-tough-youth-shaped-his-hopeful-future?v=1302829742

Damn good read. I hope he makes the team...sounds like a real legit kid.

RudeKong
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6521398

Alan Faneca retires. One of the best guards for the Steelers.

hindes204
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6521398

Alan Faneca retires. One of the best guards for the Steelers.

He was awesome.....helluva career

jross2021
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM

he has a whole blog, seems like a real smart kid, and after reading some of his blog, it seems like he's been working real hard when it comes to football.

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 08:12 AM
so does anyone have ACCURATE info regarding the Steelers and the cap?

last week it was 10M over, now Im reading they are at 116M an the cap is 120M. that does not include Woodley.

cut ARE and Foote to start.

Srs Thread
07-25-2011, 09:47 AM
i thought it was slightly over 10mill.

ARE is for sure gone. Probably need to restructure Flozell and Aaron Smith... need to sign Woodley to a long term goal too.

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Woodley's tag is for 10M. if they sign a long term deal, that will certainly bring the number down.

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
so the Steelers plan to be competitive with their offer for Ike. slight chance he signs before free agency, but I think his agent is pushing him to go for the most money.

usually the Steelers keep the guys they give fair offers to. Im afraid the CB market is going to pay big money and some crappy team will give Ike a ton, where he will play for a losing team and not fit the system well.

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I know this was talked about at the top of the page (fast moving thread!)

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/

what a trip he had to Pittsburgh. I hope he makes the team, sounds like a flat out good human being. Finally something good to read about. No DUI, no calling the commish a ***, no rape, no wife beating

hindes204
07-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I know this was talked about at the top of the page (fast moving thread!)

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/

what a trip he had to Pittsburgh. I hope he makes the team, sounds like a flat out good human being. Finally something good to read about. No DUI, no calling the commish a ***, no rape, no wife beating

I like the kid, Ive been reading about him since we drafted him. The steelers site I post in actually did an interview with him, you can read it here

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/7898-Steelers-Universe-Exclusive-Interview-with-Baron-Batch-May-11-2011

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
so here is the Steelers cap info w/ all salaries

http://burgh.us/2tq

it says they are about 9.8M over

Woodley is @ 10M

ARE is 2.3M, Foote is 3M

kethnaab
07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
so the Steelers plan to be competitive with their offer for Ike. slight chance he signs before free agency, but I think his agent is pushing him to go for the most money.

usually the Steelers keep the guys they give fair offers to. Im afraid the CB market is going to pay big money and some crappy team will give Ike a ton, where he will play for a losing team and not fit the system well.

if he goes, I'm fine with it, as long as we bring in Grimes, Joseph, or Marshall (in order of preference)

I would love it if we restructure Adams and Aaron Smith, possibly Max Starks, get Woodley a new contract, and use the remaining $$$ to get one of the following

Davin Joseph, Marshall Yanda, Justin Blalock (OL)
the aforementioned Grimes or Joseph

thegenerel
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
what piques my interest is that if the cap goes down, why did they not roll back salaries? The NHL did it (24%) when they implemented a cap.

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Steelers
Weslye Saunders (TE, South Carolina)
Anthony Gray (DL, Southern Miss)
****n Miller (OC, Central Michigan)
Terrence McCrae (WR, Ohio)
John Clay (RB, Wisconsin)
Miguel Chavis (DL, Clemson)
Trevis Turner (OL, Abilene Christian)

excited they signed Clay, but he isnt the most fit guy. we shall see.

kethnaab
07-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Anthony Gray ran a 5.19 @ 5'11 330 lbs on his pro day

motherofgod.jpg

Sounds like the Steelers are looking at him to be Snack's future replacement

Srs Thread
07-26-2011, 07:58 AM
so here is the Steelers cap info w/ all salaries

http://burgh.us/2tq

it says they are about 9.8M over

Woodley is @ 10M

ARE is 2.3M, Foote is 3M

Jesus. I didnt know Foote was getting paid 3m...

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 08:01 AM

motherofgod.jpg

I think I remember hearing about him before the draft as a late round pick...maybe not.

says he did 39 reps at his Pro Day. that is pretty damn strong

Blasphemy
07-26-2011, 09:47 AM

motherofgod.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OrUrX.gif

Pern
07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I think I remember hearing about him before the draft as a late round pick...maybe not.

says he did 39 reps at his Pro Day. that is pretty damn strong

Yeah, A. Gray was amongst the consensus Steelers mock drafts in the 7th round. Pretty sure he was a part of the unofficial/rumored visit list. Same goes for Saunders. Which I think is a great pickup.

With Clay, and now Mario Harvey, this should be a fun training camp to watch unfold.

kethnaab
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
watched Mario Harvey video of Marshall vs. Ohio State.

THOROUGHLY underwhelmed. He looks like he was signed to be a gunner, because he looked ****ty during everything except special teams.

For a 5'11 255 lb guy, he damn sure got pushed around by their FB.

Pern
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
My main three right now. Don't want to get too into it until I see the releases around the league;

#1 - Sign Cornerback Johnathan Joseph, and let Ike Taylor walk. To me this a Ray Shero esque type of move to prevent complacency (Gonchar to Paul Martin / Michalek). Just keeps things fresh. Especially our track record of not making the playoffs after a Super Bowl appearance.

*Not sure why people have Joseph ranked higher than Taylor. I'll go on record and say that Taylor gets a bigger contract than Joseph.

#2 - Take care of LaMarr.

#3 - Probably in the minority here, but sign Willie Colon. He's no longer going to attract an exaggerated offer, so his talent will match his price tag, maybe even a bargain.

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
My main three right now. Don't want to get too into it until I see the releases around the league;

#1 - Sign Cornerback Johnathan Joseph, and let Ike Taylor walk. To me this a Ray Shero esque type of move to prevent complacency (Gonchar to Paul Martin / Michalek). Just keeps things fresh. Especially our track record of not making the playoffs after a Super Bowl appearance.

*Not sure why people have Joseph ranked higher than Taylor. I'll go on record and say that Taylor gets a bigger contract than Joseph.

#2 - Take care of LaMarr.

#3 - Probably in the minority here, but sign Willie Colon. He's no longer going to attract an exaggerated offer, so his talent will match his price tag, maybe even a bargain.

1) I think Joseph is the 2nd highest paid CB. remember, he is much younger than Ike.

2) Woodley will get done soon (my guess). They need the cap space, he wants to stay

3) Colon is interesting...its him or Flozell. I read if Flozell returns, it will be much less than 5M

kethnaab
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
1) I think Joseph is the 2nd highest paid CB. remember, he is much younger than Ike.

2) Woodley will get done soon (my guess). They need the cap space, he wants to stay

3) Colon is interesting...its him or Flozell. I read if Flozell returns, it will be much less than 5M

I don't think Joseph is paid that high. He's high, about as much as Ike wants, but I'll take Joseph over Ike. He's younger and has ball skills, something Ike never has nor ever will have.

Woodley is a franchise OLB. He'll retire a Steeler

Flozell will return at least than $5 million, or he'll retire.

oh yeah, how's this for opening cap space

Cut:
Kemo ($3.173 million)
Foote ($2.4 million)
ARE ($2 mil)
Will Allen ($1.265 million)
Battle ($1.037 million)

so those 5 stiffs, $10 million saved.

Hellyeahmotherfukcer.jpg

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
not sure on Kemo. who do they have to replace him?

I bet Aaron Smith restructures. I have 1st hand info that he is deeply invested in residing here.

Allen/Battle are very good on ST. Battle is probably the more expendable of the two.

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 04:42 PM
just saw a tweet that Smith and Farrior are having dinner with Omar Kahn as the Steelers facility

FormulaLT1poweR
07-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I've got a bad feeling about losing Ike, and not replacing him.

thegenerel
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM

dont spread that bad mojo!!

Big7Ben86
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
anyone making it out to training camp this year?

FormulaLT1poweR
07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
dont spread that bad mojo!!

I know I know...but for whatever reason, I don't think the Steelers management see it as a "problem".

McFadden isn't a #1, Gay shouldn't even be a #3 let alone a #2.

Steelers fashion is to NEVER fill the void via Free Agency. With a shortened offseason, etc...I simply see us stumbling into camp and have "position battles". Not to mention they are 10.3M over the cap (I know it can be cleared easily), but that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for Ike, Joseph or anyone for that matter.

I guess we shall see. I could only dream of having CB1 = Ike Taylor, CB2 = Jonathon Joseph, CB3 = Bryant McFadden, CB4 = Joe Burnett

Ben6485
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
don't get me wrong....I hate the Steelers
BUT...I really hope Batch does well there...he's got a hell of a character and a lot of drive to do well in whatever he does...y'all got a great kid
Coming from a Texas Tech guy

jross2021
07-26-2011, 07:55 PM
don't get me wrong....I hate the Steelers
BUT...I really hope Batch does well there...he's got a hell of a character and a lot of drive to do well in whatever he does...y'all got a great kid
Coming from a Texas Tech guy

strong everything

Ben6485
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM

strong everything
look at sig
from Dallas, Tx...moved up to Pittsburgh in March of 2010
I'm a Dallas Sports fan all around

FormulaLT1poweR
07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Steelers resign Ike Taylor a 4 year deal! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Johnny Rotten
07-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Thank you sweet jesus!

On a side note: will this mean no Colon? Or the cutting of Aaron Smith? hmmmm

jross2021
07-27-2011, 08:16 AM
lol damn, my ESPN alerts usually aren't this far behind :/.. was hoping I could make the announcement.

hindes204
07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
lol damn, my ESPN alerts usually aren't this far behind :/.. was hoping I could make the announcement.

Hahaha....I was just thinking the same thing

kethnaab
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
not sure on Kemo. who do they have to replace him?

because he's the worst starting lineman on the team, and he gets paid $4 million?

if he disappeared and we had Legursky and Foster as our starting OGs, we wouldn't notice a difference, aside from less penalties.

WRONG!!! :D

I could only dream of having CB1 = Ike Taylor, CB2 = Jonathon Joseph, CB3 = Bryant McFadden, CB4 = Joe Burnett

WRONG!!!

CB1 = Johnathan Joseph
CB2 = Ike
CB3 (nickle) = Curtis Brown

McFadden needs to peddle his wares some other place.

On a side note: will this mean no Colon? Or the cutting of Aaron Smith? hmmmm

Aaron Smith will retire a Pittsburgh Steeler. He will restructure. Colon will shift inside to OG and accept a contract that hits about $2.5 million-$3 million, tops.

Or he will peddle his wares some other place as well.

thegenerel
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
lots of peddling wares ITT

FormulaLT1poweR
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports free agent Plaxico Burress is expected to decide between the Giants and Steelers.
One report from a month ago suggested Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' coaches were more interested in Plax than the front office and ownership were. Burress will meet with Giants coach Tom Coughlin Friday night, then fly to Pittsburgh to visit coach Mike Tomlin. The Giants have reportedly discussed a two-year, $10.5 million contract with 60 percent in salary and bonuses and the remainder in incentives.

thegenerel
07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
#PlexWatch

thegenerel
07-27-2011, 09:48 PM
so Max Starks will be released (apparently)

kethnaab
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM

eh? source?

thegenerel
07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
eh? source?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/

jross2021
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Plaxico brings swag to a team, and that swag is what teams need

-Cris Carter

****, I knew there was a reason Pittsburgh lost the superbowl.. not enough swag.

hindes204
07-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Yep...Starks and ARE were cut this morning

jross2021
07-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Apparently Tomlin said on ESPN Radio that Plaxico only said he was in talks with the Steelers so the Giants would offer him more..

thegenerel
07-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Apparently Tomlin said on ESPN Radio that Plaxico only said he was in talks with the Steelers so the Giants would offer him more..

lol that would be hilarious. doesnt sound like a move any coach/front office guy would make though

as for Max, sounds like he isnt 100% healthy and is now pushing 400 lbs. certainly not worth that tremendous cap hit and the cost difference between him and his replacement (Scott?). there is a chance that Max returns at a lower price, or they find a replacement.

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Read the same thing...but he does have a meetng with the Steelers on Friday. Id take him for the right price. His demands are an established running game, a good QB, and a winning team...sounds like we got what hes looking for. However, he probably needs some money since hes been in jail, and thats something we are smart with.

I read the same thing about Starks. Theres a bunch of OL out there to replace him with if need be.

hindes204
07-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Read the same thing...but he does have a meetng with the Steelers on Friday. Id take him for the right price. His demands are an established running game, a good QB, and a winning team...sounds like we got what hes looking for. However, he probably needs some money since hes been in jail, and thats something we are smart with.

I read the same thing about Starks. Theres a bunch of OL out there to replace him with if need be.

I am conflicted when it comes to Plax. He left Pittsburgh with some ****ty parting words, called the city racist, and generally just complained about the city. Plus, he's an ex-con, who's ego is too big for the Steelers. On the other hand, I think he would be a hell of a weopon to add to the team. Even 20 months in prison can't take away the natural skill this guy posseses. Ultimately, I will trust the staff in Pittsburgh, they have a long record of making the right decisions.