PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Srs Thread
12-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Blah!

bassing68
12-11-2009, 07:44 AM
I have been compelled to call them ****sburg and Ben Worthlessburger.

Still luv my men of steel though.

Srs Thread
12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
brb going 6-10 and drafting a corner, backup safety, d-line, or FCKING OFFENSIVE LINE in a high draft pick

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
http://trueball.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/rolando2ag6.jpg

ElMariachi
12-11-2009, 09:09 AM
^ most fans know when their team plays..

lol!!!!!

KingCanuck
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Bruce Arians & Bob Ligahursky (sp?)

no one is to blame really. what can you expect when a team is missing two elite players?

if Ben played, the Steelers would have won

LMAO at this.

url of this thread:

thegenerelmakesexcuses.blogspot.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=389405331&postcount=474

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=389407651&postcount=476

Take your own advice and stop WHINING.

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 10:00 AM
LMAO at this.

wasnt really whining, just stating the obvious.

-coaching sucks
-expectations should be adjusted when a team has injuries
-if Roethlisberger played against Baltimore, the outcome would have likely been in the Steelers favor

and if i did sound like i was complaining, that is not the intention. Steeler fans have had it better than the fans of the other 31 teams

the Seahawks surprising have fans, considering that organization has done slightly more than exist for the last 30+ years. Arguably the most unaccomplished franchise in the NFL.

Srs Thread
12-11-2009, 10:01 AM

User Title: Seahawks 1-3

February 5, 2006: 21-10

u mad?

KingCanuck
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
User Title: Seahawks 1-3

February 5, 2006: 21-10

u mad?

Go Steelers, Texas A&M/Penn State, Astros, and Rockets!

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Take your own advice and don't throw rocks at the throne

http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent//2009/03/26/07/Six_SuperBowls_WEB__Trophys_104279.jpg

KingCanuck
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM

http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent//2009/03/26/07/Six_SuperBowls_WEB__Trophys_104279.jpg

Are you preparing your field for the rain?

Srs Thread
12-11-2009, 10:33 AM

Implying I am a bandwagon fan?

Clearly when A&M is always completely underachieving and mediocre at best (Was a student there).
Astros are always underachieving and mediocre at best (hometown team, never claimed to be a hardcore fan, but still attend roughly 15 games a year. not really a baseball fan)
Rockets are ALWAYS underachieving (hometown team, met Hakeem when I was little. He's my favorite player of all time. pittsburgh doesnt have a team and I won't root for a Philly team ever)
Steelers: fanclub member when I was around two.... havent missed a game in years. Born into Steelers Nation.
Penn State: favorite school growing up, still favorite. Didnt go because i couldnt afford out of state tuition.

If i was bandwagon, wouldn't you see a Pens line in my sig?

U mad?

Sean_A_Nitro
12-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Just think, we were this close to drafting Darrelle Revis

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Are you preparing your field for the rain?

I am, but the meaning is probably lost on you.

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM

that is a stupid game, Timmons is still a stud.

Just think, we passed on Dan Marino on 83.

Just think, we were this close to Ben not making a perfect through and Santonio making an insane catch.

JUST THINK, we were this close to Franco Harris never catching that deflection.

ras2514
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM
so, i got up this morning, turned my tv on and put espn and couldn't believe my eyes!! i didn't even know we were playing last night.. we lost to the browns also?? browns sacked Ben 8 times?? in the highlights on espn i saw 3 browns defenders vs the 5 idiots on the o-line and still Ben got sacked!! embarrasing... i stopped watching them since that lost to the Ravens because the season was pretty much over but then losing to the Raiders and Browns? im sorry but i am not used to see my team losing 5 games in a row; not to mention that Pittsburgh had the easiest schedule this season....oh well, we'll see next season!
great fan....gtfo

Sean_A_Nitro
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
that is a stupid game, Timmons is still a stud.

Just think, we passed on Dan Marino on 83.

Just think, we were this close to Ben not making a perfect through and Santonio making an insane catch.

JUST THINK, we were this close to Franco Harris never catching that deflection.

I dont understand why everyone is so high on Timmons. Stud is a strong word. Keyaron Fox outplayed him in many games.

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I dont understand why everyone is so high on Timmons. Stud is a strong word. Keyaron Fox outplayed him in many games.

he has his 'doh' moments, but that is part of learning the position. he is without a doubt strong attacking the ballcarrier, and he is very athletic of a LB.

he can run with pretty much any TE, but there are nuances to coverage.

the injuries and multiple position changes have slowed his progress, but look at where he is now for a 23-24 year old. it took Harrison a lot longer to become the player he is right now.

Timmons played WLB at FSU where he just chased and attacked, he came in as a ROLB, but now plays RILB (as we all know). He just needs more seasoning and better ankles!

as for Fox - he is strong in run support and thats it. He might be in Farrior's spot next year, that guy is shot

kethnaab
12-11-2009, 11:36 AM

oh, please, don't remind me....

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 11:50 AM
oh, please, don't remind me....

since im now in draft mode, i would like to hear your draft strategies

i have a rough idea so far

RD1:
OT - Okung (gone), Williams (Okla), and Davis (Rutgers), Buluaga (Iowa) might be a fit
OG - the guy from Idaho (goofy name, might be early for him)

NT - Dan Williams (Tenn), Cody concerns me
LB - McClain
CB - Haden, P Robinson (FSU), Dowling (Virginia)
S - Berry. Mays wont live up to the hype

RD2:
OG - Idaho guy

NT - Dan Williams (maybe there)
LB - Sean Lee - leader, could take Farriors spot

of the needs:
OT - Starks got paid, so he wont be replaced, Colon...they love him - Medium Need
C/OG - Kemo varies each week. Hartwig is soft. Essex (ugh). Urbik could be a solid player

NT - Hampton might be gone, Hoke is old. Need a new monster in the middle soon
DE - Might need another DE soon enough, who knows?
OLB - wouldnt hurt to have a good backup - later pick though
ILB - I hate Farrior
CB - Gay sucks, Ike is playing like crap. Deshea is too old. Burnett/Lewis have a shot to contribute. Hopefully they do
S - Clark might be gone, depth is HORRIBLE

Srs Thread
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
since im now in draft mode, i would like to hear your draft strategies

i have a rough idea so far

RD1:
OT - Okung (gone), Williams (Okla), and Davis (Rutgers), Buluaga (Iowa) might be a fit
OG - the guy from Idaho (goofy name, might be early for him)

NT - Dan Williams (Tenn), Cody concerns me
LB - McClain
CB - Haden, P Robinson (FSU), Dowling (Virginia)
S - Berry. Mays wont live up to the hype

RD2:
OG - Idaho guy

NT - Dan Williams (maybe there)
LB - Sean Lee - leader, could take Farriors spot

of the needs:
OT - Starks got paid, so he wont be replaced, Colon...they love him - Medium Need
C/OG - Kemo varies each week. Hartwig is soft. Essex (ugh). Urbik could be a solid player

NT - Hampton might be gone, Hoke is old. Need a new monster in the middle soon
DE - Might need another DE soon enough, who knows?
OLB - wouldnt hurt to have a good backup - later pick though
ILB - I hate Farrior
CB - Gay sucks, Ike is playing like crap. Deshea is too old. Burnett/Lewis have a shot to contribute. Hopefully they do
S - Clark might be gone, depth is HORRIBLE

Round 1: Terrance Cody
Round 2: Gotta go offensive line... specifically guard. Mike Iupati or Shawn Lauvao
Round 3. Sean Lee would be a great 3rd round pick if he is there... 2nd round would be too early IMO. If not, cornerback

Address safety thru free agency. We can easily pick up some depth in the secondary. Our corners have been exposed as non shalant all year.

Hopefull Ziggy steps up in the offseason and is a halfway decent DE. He played great in the preseason... so who knows. I expect Keyaron Fox to start next year....

goodnight sweet prince (farrior)

EDIT: Also i dont think Clark is gonna go anywhere. I dont like Burnett or Lewis... but neither have played TOO horribly in the very very limited times ive seen them. I dont think OLB is a position we need really any depth

Sean_A_Nitro
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
F*ck I wish I followed college fball more, im always kinda clueless during the draft

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Round 1: Terrance Cody
Round 2: Gotta go offensive line... specifically guard. Mike Iupati or Shawn Lauvao
Round 3. Sean Lee would be a great 3rd round pick if he is there... 2nd round would be too early IMO. If not, cornerback

Address safety thru free agency. We can easily pick up some depth in the secondary. Our corners have been exposed as non shalant all year.

Hopefull Ziggy steps up in the offseason and is a halfway decent DE. He played great in the preseason... so who knows. I expect Keyaron Fox to start next year....

goodnight sweet prince (farrior)

EDIT: Also i dont think Clark is gonna go anywhere. I dont like Burnett or Lewis... but neither have played TOO horribly in the very very limited times ive seen them. I dont think OLB is a position we need really any depth

Cody is risky as hell. The guy ENTERED college @ 405lbs

He might eat himself out of the league. McClain is no doubt the better prospect.

I believe in the best player available, if you reach, it kills value. With plenty of need positions, the Steelers should be able to find a top guy that will fill a role

bassing68
12-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Yep. When they win I call them Sixburg, but when they play like lately, I call them ****tsburg. But being a die hard fan since the Bradshaw, Swann, Green, Bliar days...I sorta figured I've earned the right to flip them some crap now and again..

Srs Thread
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I believe in the best player available, if you reach, it kills value. With plenty of need positions, the Steelers should be able to find a top guy that will fill a role

that same strategy that landed us Mendy also landed us.........

Sweed FFFFFUUUUUU

But i agree. I think there is a decent shot, assuming we lose out and have a top draft pick, of trading up and making a possible run at Suh (yes dreaming and delusional, but we have done it in the past to go after truly special players)

thegenerel
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
that same strategy that landed us Mendy also landed us.........

Sweed FFFFFUUUUUU

But i agree. I think there is a decent shot, assuming we lose out and have a top draft pick, of trading up and making a possible run at Suh (yes dreaming and delusional, but we have done it in the past to go after truly special players)

its silly to give up on Sweed. he cant get better if the Steelers only use 3 WRs

Srs Thread
12-14-2009, 02:14 PM
its silly to give up on Sweed. he cant get better if the Steelers only use 3 WRs

true... brb 3 tight end sets for no reason.

Or brb putting Mewelde Moore in the slot instead of a WR

canuckathlete
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM

This

he has caught 1 pass this year, although he has dropped a couple.

He is only in his 2nd year, give the guy a chance

thegenerel
12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
This

heck they signed rookie WR Tyler Grisham off the practice squad and played him against Cleveland!

hellabutt
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
there seems to be a few fake ass, wannabe, bandwagon, snoop dogg, so called steeler fans in this thread.

thegenerel
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM
there seems to be a few fake ass, wannabe, bandwagon, snoop dogg, so called steeler fans in this thread.

???

Big7Ben86
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
This

agreed, and i cant exactly say hines ward and heath miller havent dropped their fair ****loads of balls recently

thegenerel
12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
agreed, and i cant exactly say hines ward and heath miller havent dropped their fair ****loads of balls recently

i know right! Sweed is exiled and Ward keeps playing, even though he is limping around and dropping key balls

Pern
12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
1st round - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State (1. Would have to be 6-10, still hope for that. 2. It's been awhile since they traded up in the first. 3. The Steelers have to be tired of missing out on OL before their selections..)

*I would say trade back and pick up C.J. Spiller as a kick returner and a Chris Johnson immediate impact, but he won't be used on this team, so forget any creative ideas.

2nd round - Brandon Graham DE Michigan (best part of picking early, is those first 15 picks of the 2nd round still being 1st round talent, i.e. LaMarr Woodley)

3rd round - Myron Rolle S Florida State (he's re-entering the draft after taking the year off due to winning that scholarship award, not sure where he's going to be ranked, or if he'll even be allowed at the combine..)

Big7Ben86
12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
i know right! Sweed is exiled and Ward keeps playing, even though he is limping around and dropping key balls

agreed...not to mention i bought sweeds jersey right after we drafted him so it gets annoying wearin it around with everyone makin comments

Ruger357
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Alright guys, lets get this thread bumped. Yeah, we are pretty much out of it this year, but hopefully we can at least go out with some wins. Oh, and Mike Wallace was an incredible pickup this year. He outruns Big Bens arm.

papi93
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
The Steelers should go after Packers CB Jarrett Bush all day long.

Ruger357
12-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Once again, secondary stumbling. I miss last years defense. Losing Polamalu sucks.

And man I like the way Mendenhall just keeps hitting that line. Big guy, we haven't had that since Bettis left.

papi93
12-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Steelers caught a break from the refs on the review of Ben's fumble.

Senecan
12-20-2009, 02:19 PM
They can't possibly lose 6 in a row, Go Blitzburgh!

BeanieWells
12-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Hope you guys win and shut the phaggot Packers fans up.

papi93
12-20-2009, 02:25 PM

We could be 0-13 and that wouldn't happen.

Greg1983
12-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Someone's mad he's never seen his team win anything. Ever. Don't count on it starting this year either.

Ruger357
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn, what a game. I didn't even mind the onsides kick call. Was totally unexpected and we should have converted it. And what can you say about that last drive? Great game.

Ruger357
12-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Steelers caught a break from the refs on the review of Ben's fumble.

And yes, I tend to agree with you. Should have been called a fumble.

thegenerel
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Damn, what a game. I didn't even mind the onsides kick call. Was totally unexpected and we should have converted it. And what can you say about that last drive? Great game.

it was a huge risk. it would have worked if ike had some awareness on the field. if he let it go one more yard, it was steeler ball.

anyways, mike wallace=stud. the guy is going to be special. a less agile, more pure WR version of Desean jackson

BigVic5
01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
oh well, I was praying as hard as I could but it didn't happen...after the Steelers beat the Dolphins and couldn't believe that the Patriots let the Texans win, I started watching both games Chiefs-Broncos and Ravens-Raiders and the Chiefs took care of Denver but damn Ravens!! oh well, next season will be better....those losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Raiders and Browns really jacked us up (if we would've won only one of those 4 games we would be in right now)...I guess we can't win every year....see ya in september!!!!!!!

thegenerel
01-03-2010, 04:55 PM
oh well, I was praying as hard as I could but it didn't happen...after the Steelers beat the Dolphins and couldn't believe that the Patriots let the Texans win, I started watching both games Chiefs-Broncos and Ravens-Raiders and the Chiefs took care of Denver but damn Ravens!! oh well, next season will be better....those losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Raiders and Browns really jacked us up (if we would've won only one of those 4 games we would be in right now)...I guess we can't win every year....see ya in september!!!!!!!

i didnt even bother with those other games. how can i be disappointed with what other teams did today when the Steelers could have won the division if they didnt blow 3 easy games

jayson86
01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Yup, this season felt like a lost cause since we started loosing these easy games.

BTW... GAY needs to be replaced ASAP

NewYorkMets
06-28-2010, 10:16 PM
wow just heard about colon, i know the o-line for you guys hasn't been great and this doesn't help.

papi93
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Did Big Ben's six game suspension stick or did he get it down to four games?

Big7Ben86
07-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Did Big Ben's six game suspension stick or did he get it down to four games?

i believe it is still 6 games but if Ben stays out of trouble until the start of the season it will be reduced to 4

so as long as he doesnt **** up it will be 4 games

thegenerel
07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Ben will likely miss 4 games, but only if he doesnt rape anyone (in that case he will be out of a job)

mm55
07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I hope they get their sh*t together, Ben likely serves 4 games. Hopefully they can go 2-2 before ben's return. I think he'll have his head on straight after this last incident. I expect a good 12 games when he returns.

JolietKev
07-18-2010, 02:55 PM
With training camp coming up in the next few weeks, I am sure that we will hear something before it starts. Cannot see a 6 game susp standing, esp since he did nothing illegal.

El_El_Tres
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
About time this thread resurged.

thegenerel
With training camp coming up in the next few weeks, I am sure that we will hear something before it starts. Cannot see a 6 game susp standing, esp since he did nothing illegal.

i will be shortened just a few weeks before his possible return date. say it will be reduced to 4, then it wont be announced until the season starts, as they want to reduce the window for him to screw up again.

it would be like grounding a child for two weeks, and letting them out after a week as they might be good the final week. nope, it would be a last minute 'ungrounding'

FormulaLT1poweR
He's supposed to have "good behavior", to get it reduced to 4 games.

Getting busted for pissing on a golf course is not going to help his cause. Regardless if HE did it or not...

I can honestly say, in all 25 years...I have not been this disappointed BEFORE the season even starts. Giving away Holmes, Ben missing 4-6 games, Colon out for the season...

mm55
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
NCAA goin after Pouncey like they did Reggie Bush.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/19/ncaa-turns-its-attention-to-steelers-rookie/

thegenerel
07-19-2010, 12:45 PM
He's supposed to have "good behavior", to get it reduced to 4 games.

Getting busted for pissing on a golf course is not going to help his cause. Regardless if HE did it or not...

I can honestly say, in all 25 years...I have not been this disappointed BEFORE the season even starts. Giving away Holmes, Ben missing 4-6 games, Colon out for the season...

yea, this is depressing. if the NFL goes on strike, the Pens will probably bump the Steelers off in my favorite team.

the Holmes stuff...well it makes sense. they were not going to resign him, and at most wouldve received a 3rd rd pick in compensation. going by the "one year=one round" rule, a 2012 3rd rd pick = 2010 5th.

still, it sucks.

AB25
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Stillers fan checking in! Can't wait to see Emmanuel Sanders tear it up.

Big7Ben86
08-02-2010, 09:35 AM
just got tickets to the August 14th preseason game against the lions...cant ****in wait

cant wait for this season...definately gonna be a bounce back year

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 11:15 AM
the way I look at it:

1) Leftwich will be fine for 4 games. Folks are going to assume we are going to run like mad, and they forget that our WRs are possibly the fastest corps of WRs in the NFL and Leftwich, say what you want, has a CANNON. Wallace will have 3-4 long TDs in the first few weeks

2) Mendy is going to show that he is every bit as talented as Ray Rice. Cameron is a far better OC than Bruce Arians, however, so this part is caveated based on how the Walrus runs our offense

3) Our offensive line just got a BIG boost at RT. Colon was always limited, our new OL coach seems to actually teach rather than just watch, and Pouncey brings some youthful enthusiasm and talent to the OL.

I see it going

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-FloAD although I have a feeling Pouncey will start at RG for a few games, perhaps more.

4) Ziggy Hood will shock people. He will become a staple at RDE this season. With Aaron Smith and Troy back and healthy, I think our defense will be back to 2008 form with some enhanced pass rush capability

5) Special Teams will be better, simply because they can't get worse. we added a ton of solid special teams types in the draft, great athletes @ LB who can run and hit, so our special teams coverage will improve

I'm looking forward to this season. The OL has something to prove. The defense has something to prove. Lamarr Woodley will lead the NFL in sacks and Ben will put up just under 4000/28 despite missing 4 games.

Stairway to SEVEN!!!!

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
the way I look at it:

1) Leftwich will be fine for 4 games. Folks are going to assume we are going to run like mad, and they forget that our WRs are possibly the fastest corps of WRs in the NFL and Leftwich, say what you want, has a CANNON. Wallace will have 3-4 long TDs in the first few weeks

2) Mendy is going to show that he is every bit as talented as Ray Rice. Cameron is a far better OC than Bruce Arians, however, so this part is caveated based on how the Walrus runs our offense Mendy is limited in this offense

3) Our offensive line just got a BIG boost at RT. Colon was always limited, our new OL coach seems to actually teach rather than just watch, and Pouncey brings some youthful enthusiasm and talent to the OL.

I see it going

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-FloAD although I have a feeling Pouncey will start at RG for a few games, perhaps more. Hartwig will start, imo. I see Max-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Hotel

4) Ziggy Hood will shock people. He will become a staple at RDE this season. With Aaron Smith and Troy back and healthy, I think our defense will be back to 2008 form with some enhanced pass rush capability he is getting rave reviews. cant wait.

5) Special Teams will be better, simply because they can't get worse. we added a ton of solid special teams types in the draft, great athletes @ LB who can run and hit, so our special teams coverage will improve

I'm looking forward to this season. The OL has something to prove. The defense has something to prove. Lamarr Woodley will lead the NFL in sacks and Ben will put up just under 4000/28 despite missing 4 games.

Stairway to SEVEN!!!!

my thoughts

Pern
08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
The Defense will reclaim it's #1 overall ranking in the NFL, like they usually do when coming off a bad / injured season.

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
my thoughts

I hope you're wrong about the first 2 points

1) Mendy is the most talented player on offense, by far. Obviously not including Ben, but with Santonio gone, Mendy is the only true full offensive threat

2) Hartwig sucks. Legursky can do at least as well and is ages cheaper and younger.

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I hope you're wrong about the first 2 points

1) Mendy is the most talented player on offense, by far. Obviously not including Ben, but with Santonio gone, Mendy is the only true full offensive threat

2) Hartwig sucks. Legursky can do at least as well and is ages cheaper and younger.

Do you think that Arians can maximize his ability (or anyone for that matter)? I LOVE Mendy, but I am afraid that Arians will do whatever he can to slob on Ben's wang. Mendy has shown to be dynamic in really all facets of his side of the ball, yet when do they EVER get creative with him?

Hartwig does suck, but he is still top 5 OL with this team. I think Pouncey takes his job soon, once the team feels comfortable putting him in the middle.

Big7Ben86
08-02-2010, 01:59 PM
ill agree with the mendenhall statement. i do think he is very talented, but i am concerned about our lack of a proven #2 RB.

i dont think colon will hurt as bad as people think, i am excited to see pouncey in there

i hope reacquiring bryant mcfadden gives our CB's a boost, and mabye one of them will even catch a ball this year

and i feel like Ben is going to have a monster year, he has always responded well when his back is against the wall

i cant see our defense doing anything but drastically improving after being rather dissapointing last year

and hey, ill take ward, mike wallace, and randle el over ward, cedric wilson, and randle el that got us a superbowl in 05

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Do you think that Arians can maximize his ability (or anyone for that matter)? I LOVE Mendy, but I am afraid that Arians will do whatever he can to slob on Ben's wang. Mendy has shown to be dynamic in really all facets of his side of the ball, yet when do they EVER get creative with him?

Hartwig does suck, but he is still top 5 OL with this team. I think Pouncey takes his job soon, once the team feels comfortable putting him in the middle.

I don't think Hartwig offers much that Legursky doesn't offer, especially physically. Hartwig spends far too much time on the ground. Yes, he knows the calls better due to experience, but Legs has been here for 2 years and he's stronger and quicker.

as for Arians, a lot of it is Ben and his disdain for tossing to the RB, he'd rather hold the ball a bit longer and chuck it downfield. It usually works, but Ben has NEVER had a dude who was as dangerous out of the backfield as Mendy. Hopefully Lefty will set a precedent early and get Mendy the ball with much success, and Ben will follow suit

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Craig Wolfley on new OL coach Sean Kugler:

"Normally that period is a snoozer, and as a player it seemed more of a pain in the rump than anything. Rep after rep of basic fundamental football is done over and again. Proper stance, punch on pass pro, double team work. Sean works on it all and I have to tell you I love what I’m hearing. I’m in hog heaven listening to Sean instruct on technique, because he brings a throwback mentality to what has traditionally been home to some of the best lines in the NFL. One can really learn a lot about a coach if you pay attention to how and what he coaches. "

adamsteve14
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Essex, not Foster, will start at rg pending Pouncey taking over for Hartwig.

Also, I hold so much disdain for Bruce Arians and his dislike of Dixon. So far in camp, Dixon has been outperforming Lefty. I understand that Lefty has much more experience, but Dixon has proven so far to be the faster, more accurate quarterback. Sure, Dixon may lack Lefty's experience, but he is the better QB as of today.

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I think Essex, not Foster, will start at rg pending Pouncey taking over for Hartwig.

I hope like hell you're wrong. It would be a sad day if a guy like Essex is actually better than Foster now that Foster has a year of seasoning. Essex is absolutely horrible.

Also, I hold so much disdain for Bruce Arians and his dislike of Dixon. So far in camp, Dixon has been outperforming Lefty. .

feedback has been mixed regarding Dixon and Lefty. Dixon looked horrible in camp earlier apparently, but yesterday apparently Dixon looked pretty good

adamsteve14
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I hope like hell you're wrong. It would be a sad day if a guy like Essex is actually better than Foster now that Foster has a year of seasoning. Essex is absolutely horrible.

Last year I felt like Foster was lumbering and slow. Im not saying Essex is anywhere near good, I just cant watch Foster amble around like a fat cow.

feedback has been mixed regarding Dixon and Lefty. Dixon looked horrible in camp earlier apparently, but yesterday apparently Dixon looked pretty good

I have heard both days Dixon has been sharper and hasn't misthrown a ball yet. Bear in mind I am only hearing this from people watching at camp, but still. I respect Lefty and Im not worried about him being a statue because he actually gets the ball out of his hand (Like a windmill, but still), but I feel like Dixon adds another dimension to the offense. But he wont play because Arians thinks "...he will be broken in half"

Big7Ben86
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
id rather have dixon start to give him experience, hopefully he will become a reliable backup for years to come

btw who's our #2 back atm?

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
id rather have dixon start to give him experience, hopefully he will become a reliable backup for years to come

moore is #2, but i am big on dwyer. i think he will make the team and contribute.

adamsteve14
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM

Mewelde Moore, or Redman, or Dwyer, or Frank the Tank. We'll see after camp.

Big7Ben86
08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
moore is #2, but i am big on dwyer. i think he will make the team and contribute.

ah, i completely forgot about mewelde. nevermind on the #2 back issue then. and yes, i feel the same way about dwyer

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Mewelde Moore, or Redman, or Dwyer, or Frank the Tank. We'll see after camp.

Frank is supposed to be a FB now...who knows in Arians retard offense. he jizzes at the thought of RB/FB or FB/TE players...we have a QB/RB in Dixon

good chance he broke open his piggy bank to sign QB/WR Randle El

FormulaLT1poweR
08-02-2010, 03:32 PM
1) Leftwich has always done well as a backup IMO. We don't need to limit the playbook like we do with Dixon, however Dixon adds another dimension with his legs. I'll take Leftwich's cannon, and age over an inexperienced Dixon w/ legs. I also see Ben's suspension as a good thing. Let's face it...that guy gets BATTERED week in and week out. He's going to miss the first 5 weeks of the season, which shortens his "regular season" by that much, and saves him more for the late surge.

2) Mendenhall is no where near Ray Rice YET, and Cameron is strides ahead of Ariens. Mendenhall added that little spin move last year, and with a good year behind him, he's only going to get better. He looked much better last year after he knew he could take a hit (after breaking his shoulder the year prior). I see his numbers jumping dramatically when Ben gets back, and teams have to worry about our passing game a little more. I'd like to see Ben hit Miller and Mendenhall rather than forcing things down the field.

3) Let's not get too happy here...Flozell is definitelty an upgrade over what WE had, however he was waived for a reason, and sat out there for this long. Again, he's better than the garbage we had, but he's got a lot to prove. Pouncey will be a great addition, and already looks well in black n gold.

Starks-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Adams

Adams at RT due to his inability to hear out of his right ear. Hartwig gets the nod at Center for now, and Pouncey gets to play G.

4) Hood and Kiesel will switch off, hopefully SOMEONE from that side of the ball can get a push. I've been sick of Kiesel for years now, he's done absolutely nothing. What a lot of people don't realize, is we have depth on our Defense now. DL is pretty deep, our LBs are ridiculously loaded, the addition of McFadden only helps our CB's plus Gay moves to Nickel and we still have Burnett waiting, Safety is covered w/ Troy P and Clark but we also got Will Allen for a little depth. Depth will help with the monumental collapses in the 4th quarters last year.

5) We've addressed this slightly with depth at LB, Arnaz Battle, Randel El and a few other scrubs. However, one of our biggest problems is Jeff Reed can not pin them deep enough to allow the coverage time to get down there and off their blocks.

I think we go 2-2 the first 4 games while Ben get his suspension reduced. I think our LB's will be remarkable once again, and our D is a very strong spot. Playoffs...yes w/ a Wild Card. As a Steelers fan I'll throw the Super Bowl as the Steelers vs Cowboys

Anyone up for the idea of Brian Westbrook? That would be a FABULOUS signing for us...

kethnaab
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Westbrook would be phenominal for the 4-5 games he'd be healthy.

Hartwig will be shown the door

Mendy only was targeted more than twice in games 2 or 3 times last season. Rice averaged almost 8 targets/game in addition to the rushing attempts. Classic Cam Cameron offense. Switch Rice and Mendy and you wouldn't see much of a difference in production.

Flo was injured and was playing on the left side while deaf in his right ear, hence the penalties and problems. He will be a monstrous upgrade.

Pern
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Have last pick in a 10 team league. More than likely going with Mendenhall at #10. I can see him being ranked solidly at #5 in 2011 rankings.

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Have last pick in a 10 team league. More than likely going with Mendenhall at #10. I can see him being ranked solidly at #5 in 2011 rankings.

he would be a good pick at the turn, although you never know who could drop.

wildman536
08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Fan since '81.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Westbrook would be phenominal for the 4-5 games he'd be healthy.

Hartwig will be shown the door

Mendy only was targeted more than twice in games 2 or 3 times last season. Rice averaged almost 8 targets/game in addition to the rushing attempts. Classic Cam Cameron offense. Switch Rice and Mendy and you wouldn't see much of a difference in production.

Flo was injured and was playing on the left side while deaf in his right ear, hence the penalties and problems. He will be a monstrous upgrade.

4-5 games...really? He's been injury riddled, but 4-5 games is a ridiculous statement. He wouldn't be our fulltime starter (obviously), and would serve as an awesome 3rd down RB, and a decoy sometimes. Considering he'd come cheap, which he would/should.

Don't count Hartwig out quiet yet. IMO he's a decent Center, but really who do we have to replace him? Pouncey is going to be a G/C, but I'd say our current G's are garbage. Hell let Pouncey play C, and move Hartwig to G and he's still an upgrade at what we have at G.

We've never been a "target the RB" style of offense, and we aren't going to change even with Mendenhall. Mendenhall is the most versatile RB we've had since Barry Foster, but we won't use him as such. Ariens can't and won't figure out his strong points until 1 of the 2 are gone.

Flo is also 35 years old, but yes a monstrous upgrade, but he's got to get his penalties behind him.

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
4-5 games...really? He's been injury riddled, but 4-5 games is a ridiculous statement. He wouldn't be our fulltime starter (obviously), and would serve as an awesome 3rd down RB, and a decoy sometimes. Considering he'd come cheap, which he would/should.

i would like Westbrook, but no way it happens. they love Michelangelo too much

Don't count Hartwig out quiet yet. IMO he's a decent Center, but really who do we have to replace him? Pouncey is going to be a G/C, but I'd say our current G's are garbage. Hell let Pouncey play C, and move Hartwig to G and he's still an upgrade at what we have at G.

Pouncey will be at center soon enough, but i dont see Hartwig switching positions. the only reason he is came here is bc the Panthers wanted him at G, and refused. they released him and he came here.

We've never been a "target the RB" style of offense, and we aren't going to change even with Mendenhall. Mendenhall is the most versatile RB we've had since Barry Foster, but we won't use him as such. Ariens can't and won't figure out his strong points until 1 of the 2 are gone. lets hope its Arians...or that he figures out how to use Mendy, the team goes 19-0, and the Bungles hire Arians as their new HC after going 1-15.

Flo is also 35 years old, but yes a monstrous upgrade, but he's got to get his penalties behind him. too late for that. still, he is the most accomplished lineman on this team, hopefully he can rub off (thats what she said)

my thoughts

Big7Ben86
08-02-2010, 08:20 PM
i think acquiring westbrook would be great if dixon is named the starter. would help him out a ton.

adamsteve14
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
i think acquiring westbrook would be great if dixon is named the starter. would help him out a ton.

This would be great and creative, but since Arians is neither of those things, it won't happen. I wish we'd get rid of the bum: We kept Carey Davis around for how long, and he was garbage. He is enamored with the idea of a FB/RB instead of a true, Dan Kreider-esque fullback. We all know the impact that decision has had on our ground game.

thegenerel
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
This would be great and creative, but since Arians is neither of those things, it won't happen. I wish we'd get rid of the bum: We kept Carey Davis around for how long, and he was garbage. He is enamored with the idea of a FB/RB instead of a true, Dan Kreider-esque fullback. We all know the impact that decision has had on our ground game.

Kreider doesnt exactly fit in with the scheme though. last year I would insist on having Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Mendy, and Miller on the field.

kethnaab
08-03-2010, 09:49 AM

count me as a non-believer, and I don't think he'd come as cheap as you think

we'll agree to disagree. Hartwig is terrible. He was the 32nd-best starting C in the NFL last year. He also won't play OG, that's why the Panthers dumped hiim. I have no issue with Pouncey playing C and have Foster play RG

We've never been a "target the RB" style of offense, and we aren't going to change even with Mendenhall. Mendenhall is the most versatile RB we've had since Barry Foster, but we won't use him as such. Ariens can't and won't figure out his strong points until 1 of the 2 are gone.

yep, unfortunately I think you're right

Flo is also 35 years old, but yes a monstrous upgrade, but he's got to get his penalties behind him.

I'm hoping the switch to his "good ear" side helps

Kreider doesnt exactly fit in with the scheme though. last year I would insist on having Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Mendy, and Miller on the field.

exactly. How do you bring in a completely one-dimensional FB when that means you take a true playmaker off the field? We don't have the OL anymore to really enable a true "power rushing" attack. The FB gets hit before he builds up a good head of steam because the OL isn't good enough to get that push, then the RB is forced outside immediately. On a team like Atlanta, Carolina or Tennessee, a true classic FB is great. On a team like the Steelers, it wouldn't work.

Steelers run best out of 3-wide sets anyway.

thegenerel
08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
I dont think Mendy is best served to run as an I-formation back anyways. right now he has to fill the role of a one back in essentially a spread offense but is not given the plays to succeed.

its all about Ben (which is probably wise) but i feel like the offense is a means for Ben to succeed, not one where Ben and Co can succeed (and win). The Steelers were a fantasy football offense last season.

adamsteve14
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
count me as a non-believer, and I don't think he'd come as cheap as you think

we'll agree to disagree. Hartwig is terrible. He was the 32nd-best starting C in the NFL last year. He also won't play OG, that's why the Panthers dumped hiim. I have no issue with Pouncey playing C and have Foster play RG

yep, unfortunately I think you're right

I'm hoping the switch to his "good ear" side helps

exactly. How do you bring in a completely one-dimensional FB when that means you take a true playmaker off the field? We don't have the OL anymore to really enable a true "power rushing" attack. The FB gets hit before he builds up a good head of steam because the OL isn't good enough to get that push, then the RB is forced outside immediately. On a team like Atlanta, Carolina or Tennessee, a true classic FB is great. On a team like the Steelers, it wouldn't work.

Steelers run best out of 3-wide sets anyway.

I think we struggle this most without a fullback in short yardage/goaline situations. Instead of wasting a roster spot on a true fb, we use an H-back like Sean McHugh, who isn't particularly good at anything. Which would be more useful, a true fb or an H-back buried behind 2 tight ends and isn't a very good blocker?

kethnaab
08-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I think we struggle this most without a fullback in short yardage/goaline situations. Instead of wasting a roster spot on a true fb, we use an H-back like Sean McHugh, who isn't particularly good at anything. Which would be more useful, a true fb or an H-back buried behind 2 tight ends and isn't a very good blocker?

agreed thoroughly, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

in order for a FB to work, he has to hit the line running. In our offense, he isn't able to hit the line because he gets hit behind it. That's all I'm saying.

Now, if the Steelers made a move to grab Logan Mankins and then we draft a solid OL next season, I'm with you. Until then, we need to keep the FB off the field and run out of 3-wide to spread the defense, kinda like what Mendy ran behind in college

adamsteve14
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
agreed thoroughly, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

in order for a FB to work, he has to hit the line running. In our offense, he isn't able to hit the line because he gets hit behind it. That's all I'm saying.

Now, if the Steelers made a move to grab Logan Mankins and then we draft a solid OL next season, I'm with you. Until then, we need to keep the FB off the field and run out of 3-wide to spread the defense, kinda like what Mendy ran behind in college

Theoretically, this year's O-line should be good enough to necessitate a true FB. Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Essex-Hotel. I mean, with Flozell playing RT and Kemo the Road Grader pulling, we should be able to get much more push this season than last. Sure, Essex sucks, but we won't ask him to do the things Kemo does so well, so he should be able to handle his limited role.

kethnaab
08-04-2010, 09:18 AM
possible, and we actually did bring in a free agent FB that was released from Buffalo

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
possible, and we actually did bring in a free agent FB that was released from Buffalo

Ya I saw that too, but I'm sure he is just camp fodder. I donno, every time we are in a short yardage situation and I see McHugh in there, I wanna throw up. He doesn't contribute anything offensively, so why have him on the roster when someone else could do what he is doing much better.

Arians seems to be obsessed with these hybrid/multi purpose guys like Carey Davis and Mchugh. Well, its great that they are versatile, but if they are below average in everything, then the versatility is pretty useless.

valentin123321
08-04-2010, 10:33 AM
With wallace moving up to the #2 spot, who are you guys gonna put in at 3? Limas sweed didn't work out too well from what i've seen

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 10:36 AM
With wallace moving up to the #2 spot, who are you guys gonna put in at 3? Limas sweed didn't work out too well from what i've seen

Most likely Randle El, unless someone else steps up, like Emmanuel Sanders.

If it is Randle El, Arians better swallow his pride and start using some gadget plays every now and then.

valentin123321
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM

If it is Randle El, Arians better swallow his pride and start using some gadget plays every now and then.

what do you guys think about the qb situation btw? been a while since i checked up on pittsburgh.

I kinda like Dennis Dixon over leftwich due to his mobility, and the fact that he played very well against us when ben was out.

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
what do you guys think about the qb situation btw? been a while since i checked up on pittsburgh.

I kinda like Dennis Dixon over leftwich due to his mobility, and the fact that he played very well against us when ben was out.

Dixon did show a lot of potential last year against Baltimore. The message from camp so far is that Dixon is a better passer than Leftwich. I guess he throws a nicer ball and is much more accurate, but we both know about Lefty's cannon.

I just hope preseason sorts the situation out and the Steelers start the best guy for the job.

valentin123321
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Dixon did show a lot of potential last year against Baltimore. The message from camp so far is that Dixon is a better passer than Leftwich. I guess he throws a nicer ball and is much more accurate, but we both know about Lefty's cannon.

I just hope preseason sorts the situation out and the Steelers start the best guy for the job.

If dixon throws better than it shouldnt even be a hard descision. with his mobility he's gonna really help the steelers. it'd be harder to bomb to wallace, but i think they can manage a game well enough with their defense that they'd only need to score 14-20pts to win anyways

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
If dixon throws better than it shouldnt even be a hard descision. with his mobility he's gonna really help the steelers. it'd be harder to bomb to wallace, but i think they can manage a game well enough with their defense that they'd only need to score 14-20pts to win anyways

It would be easy to lean on the D if the QB doesn't make many mistakes. Sure, Dixon can throw better but if he throw 2 or 3 picks that turn into say, 14 points, then theres a problem. Thats why I am on the fence with Dixon and Lefty, because I know lefty won't make the youthful mistakes that Dixon MAY make.

thegenerel
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM

ARE will be the #3.

As for Sweed, its sad he got hurt. Spring reports said he was improving, and he is a slow adapter. When he got to Texas (as a big recruit), he stunk for two years and blew up his Jr season. The potential is there, just be patient with the guy.

I think Sanders will be 4/5, depending upon Battle. I loved Antonio Brown as a pick, and he could be a good player in this league.

Entering the season, the depth chart will read: Ward, Wallace, ARE, Battle/Sanders, Sanders/Battle. Logan might be the odd man out.

Sanders has been impressive so far, and Brown was a stud at CMU.

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
ARE will be the #3.

As for Sweed, its sad he got hurt. Spring reports said he was improving, and he is a slow adapter. When he got to Texas (as a big recruit), he stunk for two years and blew up his Jr season. The potential is there, just be patient with the guy.

I think Sanders will be 4/5, depending upon Battle. I loved Antonio Brown as a pick, and he could be a good player in this league.

Entering the season, the depth chart will read: Ward, Wallace, ARE, Battle/Sanders, Sanders/Battle. Logan might be the odd man out.

Sanders has been impressive so far, and Brown was a stud at CMU.

I really don't see the point of having Logan on the roster unless theres absolutely nowhere else we need someone. He only returns like, 25% of punts in lieu of Moore being sure handed and on kickoff he was just slightly above average. Maybe ARE will move him out off his return duties and right off the roster.

thegenerel
08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
ARE is a crappy returner, but between him, Antonio Brown, and Moore....well Logan needs a crazy good preseason to keep his job.

of the Steelers picks, I am excited about most of them. I wont compare them to who else could have been had (Golden Tate over Worilds)

Pouncey - looks like he will be everything they expected
Worilds - impressive player, we shall see
Sanders - sleeper...a 'who?' player at the draft (same as Wallace though). seems to be doing well so far
Gibson - a specimen, lets hope he can figure out how to play 3-4 OLB
Chris Scott G Tennesse - not sure
Crezdon Butler CB Clemson - nothing negative yet
Stevenson Sylvester - ILB Utah - I guess he will move inside, could be a value pick
Dwyer - I peed a little when he was picked
Antonio Brown - A few less drops...
Worthington - long term project, but anyone from OSU obviously can play the game.

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
ARE is a crappy returner, but between him, Antonio Brown, and Moore....well Logan needs a crazy good preseason to keep his job.

of the Steelers picks, I am excited about most of them. I wont compare them to who else could have been had (Golden Tate over Worilds)

Pouncey - looks like he will be everything they expected
Worilds - impressive player, we shall see
Sanders - sleeper...a 'who?' player at the draft (same as Wallace though). seems to be doing well so far
Gibson - a specimen, lets hope he can figure out how to play 3-4 OLB
Chris Scott G Tennesse - not sure
Crezdon Butler CB Clemson - nothing negative yet
Stevenson Sylvester - ILB Utah - I guess he will move inside, could be a value pick
Dwyer - I peed a little when he was picked
Antonio Brown - A few less drops...
Worthington - long term project, but anyone from OSU obviously can play the game.

As an OSU alum, I can't help but be a homer about Gibson. I think he will be a replacement for Harrison or, god forbid, we don't resign Woodley. Now, Im sure we will negotiate with Wood after the season but he is a freak who can actually play the game (unlike Vernon Gholston)

Worlids seems like a freak a la Timmons.

I hope Pouncey can make an immediate impact.

Big7Ben86
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
im hoping limas sweed makes a return later this season/next season, i may be the only person with a sweed authentic jersey(serious)

dont ask why

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
im hoping limas sweed makes a return later this season/next season, i may be the only person with a sweed authentic jersey(serious)

dont ask why

Not true, I saw a guy at Kennywood the other day with one lol.

Big7Ben86
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Not true, I saw a guy at Kennywood the other day with one lol.

yeah, that was me

kidding, but i was at kennywood about a week ago

adamsteve14
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM
yeah, that was me

kidding, but i was at kennywood about a week ago

Lol I was gonna say, unless u are a big black guy lol

Pern
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I can vouch for Antonio Brown as I've seen him in action quite frequently. Him and LeFevour (who plays like Ben in my opinion), were the attraction here with UofM being down. I already have him pegged as the next Troy Brown (former Patriot), and it's scary how similar they are. Great returner, great hands. I thought this before the Steelers grabbed him.

I'm sure some of you have already seen some youtube footage on him after the draft, but I'll show it anyways. It's the double OT GMAC Bowl with CMU vs Troy last season. One of the best games I've seen, and obviously it doesn't show everything he did. But keep in mind this is a highlight of the game in general...he still happens to style on everyone.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4bXsxbWTIE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4bXsxbWTIE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It wasn't until this pick that I finally got over passing on Tate in the 2nd.

thegenerel
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I can vouch for Antonio Brown as I've seen him in action quite frequently. Him and LeFevour (who plays like Ben in my opinion), were the attraction here with UofM being down. I already have him pegged as the next Troy Brown (former Patriot), and it's scary how similar they are. Great returner, great hands. I thought this before the Steelers grabbed him.

I'm sure some of you have already seen some youtube footage on him after the draft, but I'll show it anyways. It's the double OT GMAC Bowl with CMU vs Troy last season. One of the best games I've seen, and obviously it doesn't show everything he did. But keep in mind this is a highlight of the game in general...he still happens to style on everyone.

R4bXsxbWTIE

here

thegenerel
08-06-2010, 06:43 AM
any camp updates? ive been out of the loop for a few days.

they have been raving about this book on sirius nfl radio the past week
http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye-Off-Ball/dp/1600783910/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281102176&sr=8-1

hopefully my copy arrives today.

Big7Ben86
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
anyone think ben's suspension will get reduced? as in <4 games? ive heard rumors on the radio today after work, and i wouldnt rule it out of the picture

thegenerel
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
anyone think ben's suspension will get reduced? as in <4 games? ive heard rumors on the radio today after work, and i wouldnt rule it out of the picture

yea, everything the commish said makes it sound like it will be 4.

Big7Ben86
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
yea, everything the commish said makes it sound like it will be 4.

yeah it will definitely be 4, but ive heard rumors that he may go lower despite stating 4 will be the minimum

thegenerel
08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
yeah it will definitely be 4, but ive heard rumors that he may go lower despite stating 4 will be the minimum

i think Ben is a big time fantasy fb sleeper this year. people will discount him greatly, with his issues, losing holmes, and the suspension. nab him as a QB2, and he could pay off big time in the end.

thegenerel
08-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Steelers get another Hall of Famer

"oh, they mad"
http://media.mlive.com/lions_impact/photo/dick-lebeau-06jpg-97e0975ffa98078d_medium.jpg

kethnaab
08-08-2010, 05:37 PM
i think Ben is a big time fantasy fb sleeper this year. people will discount him greatly, with his issues, losing holmes, and the suspension. nab him as a QB2, and he could pay off big time in the end.

agreed

camp notes that I've seen thus far

1) Dwyer got his ass handed to him for showing up fat
2) Ziggy Hood has been a 1-man wrecking crew
3) Isaac Redman might make the 53 as the short yardage back, especially if #1 continues
4) Sanders is impressing
5) So are both Dixon and Lefty
6) Mendy has had a few fumbles AGAIN but has been looking very good otherwise
7) New OL coach maybe the difference maker, OL looking strong
8) Thad Gibson will be Harrison's replacement and may end up being the steal of the draft
9) Legursky and Pouncey each are looking good @ both C and G, Hartwig's days are numbered
10) Ryan Clark is playing like a man possessed

thegenerel
08-08-2010, 07:50 PM
agreed

3) Isaac Redman might make the 53 as the short yardage back, especially if #1 continues
4) Sanders is impressing
8) Thad Gibson will be Harrison's replacement and may end up being the steal of the draft
9) Legursky and Pouncey each are looking good @ both C and G, Hartwig's days are numbered

1) I know...but Wexell said he has done really well otherwise
2) Awesome, but we kind of knew this
3) Hope Dwyer gets it in gear
4) Heard this, great
5) Thought DD was iffy, and Leftwich was good..?
6) Mendy is a talent, i peed a little when they Steelers nabbed him. I was talking him up from day one, and until 1/4 of the way into last season, people just stared at me. Now I am sure to remind them.
7) Heard this, awesome
8) Harrison's replacement? a bit soon...?
9) Knew about Pouncey, glad to hear about Legursky
10) Troy not only elevates him, but completes him.

kethnaab
08-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Dixon was very iffy during prelims, but since camp started, he has been on fire

Harrison's replacement possibly next season when Harrison gets expensive, but we'll see how much he has in the tank. Remember Joey Porter....

DAVEZILLA
08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
its almost time gentlemen...Imma gettin football fever big time...

kethnaab
08-08-2010, 08:19 PM
yup, bigtime, about damn time too. sick of baseball and basketball crap. blah.

Big7Ben86
08-08-2010, 08:45 PM
agreed

4) Sanders is impressing

love #10

i dont think people realized how much of a difference it made the year he got hurt, one of the more underrated steelers. hopefully he really steps up this year

Pern
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Sepulveda got a chance to kick off, and he showed himself to be quite accomplished at it. On four kickoffs, Sepulveda’s hang-times were 4.07, 3.93, 3.87 and 3.70. The 4.07 kick also carried 2 yards deep in the end zone, and earlier in the evening, one of his mis-hits went 8 yards deep in the end zone.

“I liked it,” said Tomlin. “Daniel Sepulveda might provide us with a legitimate options there. I liked his placement of the ball, I liked his hang time. He’s worked a lot at it. He didn’t have any exposure in that area prior to getting here. That just speaks to what he is – he’s always willing to do whatever for us.”

Sepulveda has done some kickoff work in each of his training camps with the Steelers, but now with his experience and the fact there is only one kicker and one punter in camp, he got a chance to do it in a live drill. And the way he performed in that live drill should ensure even more opportunities.

So not only can he kick it into the endzone, but he would be laying out KR's like a Linebacker, and not letting anyone get by him.

kethnaab
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Yep, been calling for Sep to do kickoffs since last season. Bigass leg, bigass dude.

adamsteve14
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I love how little credit the Steelers are getting. People on here keep acting like its a lock that the Bungals and Ravens will be 1 and 2 in the division, which makes me laugh.

Regardless, the Steelers always play better as an underdog and with a chip on their shoulder. Everything in camp leads me to believe that the Steel Curtain is returning and BB is looking sharper than ever.

kethnaab
08-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Steelers will win the division. Ravens will finish .500 or worse

adamsteve14
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Steelers will win the division. Ravens will finish .500 or worse

I don't think they will finish under .500 but their secondary sure looks like shyt right now, on top of Ray the knife being a geriatric.

Big7Ben86
08-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I love how little credit the Steelers are getting. People on here keep acting like its a lock that the Bungals and Ravens will be 1 and 2 in the division, which makes me laugh.

Regardless, the Steelers always play better as an underdog and with a chip on their shoulder. Everything in camp leads me to believe that the Steel Curtain is returning and BB is looking sharper than ever.

this, were only 1 year removed from defending champs, our defense should be similar to that year, offense looked pretty solid last year, if the line goes right, and ben will have tons of motivation

special teams cant get any worse

we still finished 9-7 when we shouldve easily had 2-3 more wins

im wearing my sepulveda jersey saturday.

Pern
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
- Ben getting 4 weeks of rest, 4 weeks of not getting pounded into the ground, 4 weeks for the OL to gel together before he comes back, 4 weeks of him licking his chops, 4 weeks of him getting back to being humble (which he is already headed in that direction), 4 weeks of him waiting to prove everyone wrong. In other words, the suspension is a blessing in disguise.

- Probably the #1 locker room team chemistry in the entire league by bringing back Randle El, Foote, McFadden to Farrior, Ward, Smith, Keisel, and Clark.

- "Experts" picking the Bengals and Ravens to finish higher.

Green Bay vs Pittsburgh down in Dallas 2011, is my opinion.

thegenerel
08-12-2010, 08:29 AM
- Ben getting 4 weeks of rest, 4 weeks of not getting pounded into the ground, 4 weeks for the OL to gel together before he comes back, 4 weeks of him licking his chops, 4 weeks of him getting back to being humble (which he is already headed in that direction), 4 weeks of him waiting to prove everyone wrong. In other words, the suspension is a blessing in disguise.

- Probably the #1 locker room team chemistry in the entire league by bringing back Randle El, Foote, McFadden to Farrior, Ward, Smith, Keisel, and Clark.

- "Experts" picking the Bengals and Ravens to finish higher.

Green Bay vs Pittsburgh down in Dallas 2011, is my opinion.

4 weeks of raping.

but wow...imagine if they got to the Super Bowl...wow.

eastcoastmost
08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
in.

Big7Ben86
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
game time roughly 3 1/2 hours, cant wait, im gettin down there early

p.s. RIP banned fellow Stiller fans

FormulaLT1poweR
08-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Is the game on T.V.?

I've got DirecTV

feardafronfz3
08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Is the game on T.V.?

I've got DirecTV

I dont think so brah. However, the NFL Network is replaying the game at 10/9 central on Sunday morning. GO LIONS!!!!! There should be plenty of streams though

FormulaLT1poweR
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I dont think so brah. However, the NFL Network is replaying the game at 10/9 central on Sunday morning. GO LIONS!!!!! There should be plenty of streams though

Alright, I got NFL Network...I'll DVR it just to be safe.

Lions can win all they want in preseason...I could careless...HAHA

Pern
08-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Off to a good start.

Big7Ben86
08-14-2010, 09:38 PM
damn, hell of a game, sucked there was an hour an 15 minute rain delay right before halftime(luckily my seats were under cover, big ballin)

Dennis Dixon, Redman, Antonio Brown(great call on that one Pern) Keyran Fox, and Battle all impressed me alot.

Our line didn't look all that good, Leftwich struggled somewhat due to pressure, I would really like Dixon to be our week 1 starter

damn, parking around the stadium is $45 :yikes: luckily we found a meter on the side street and paid 25 cents for it

i went to the Bettis Grille for the first time, nice place

GO STEELERS

Srs Thread
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=535102833&posted=1#post535102833

ITT I showed why Rod Woodson was just as good (but probably much better) than Deion. If you guys want to 5* it and add any comments, feel free.

Here we go steelers, here we go!

sgtrobo
08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
added my $0.02 worth

Big7Ben86
08-20-2010, 11:15 AM
i saw james farrior down southside last night in a 7/11...i didnt wanna blow up his spot and i was kinda messed up so i didnt say anything to him

****er pulls his range rover right in front of the door sideways

hindes204
08-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Sup brahs....born and raised in da burgh, moved away for military, lifelong fan.

Good game tonight, Dixon looks good, that kid has potential. Special teams is stil struggling, but that's nothin new

sgtrobo
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Pouncey is dominant. That guy is going to be a fixture in the Pro Bowl in a few years

Big7Ben86
08-21-2010, 10:05 PM
one thing that i can say that no one ever wants to hear is

"that punter made a hell of a tackle"

sepulveda should be doing every kickoff as well, absolute freak

and i feel pretty comfortable with our QB situation, i blew my load on that wallace TD.

not saying anything, but the steelers usually do well flying under the radar. and with everyone so hopped up on the chargers/ravens/bengals, we can turn some heads again. if we sharpen up before the regular season starts, we kinda look just like that team 2 years ago that did pretty well.

2 more weeks

Pern
09-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Brief thoughts and notes going into Week 1:

-Frank Summers was cut. Which means, Mendy, Moore, Redman and Dwyer made the 53-man roster. I like it. http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/agent-steelers-release-frank-summers/29168/

-Blessing in disguise with Leftwich going down, due to the fact that I think we'll see more creative packages with Batch starting and Dixon coming in sparingly (wildcat?). Get ready for Chuck to connect with Wallace and Sanders on stride.

-Maurkice Pouncey is the first Rookie Offensive Lineman to start (I think we can assume this is the case) since Marvel Smith at Right Tackle in 2000. 20 years old, and probably already our best Lineman. This pick is right there with getting Ben and Heath.

The Steelers released 10 players from their preseason roster today in an effort to get down to the NFLís 53-man limit for the regular season.

The following players were released by the Steelers: TE Eugene Bright, OG Dorian Brooks, OT Kyle Jolly, WR Brandon London, TE Sean McHugh, DT Scott Paxson, LS Matt Stewart, S Justin Thornton, RB Justin Vincent and LB Renauld Williams.

The Steelers must release 11 additional players by 6 p.m. on Saturday (Sept. 4).

Which brings us to 10 out of these 64 (Summers is cut): First off, does anyone know why Arnaz Battle isn't on this list? I didn't see anything stating he was cut. Straight baller as a gunner on Special teams and can bring more than Madison during 11-on-11. I'd like to see him around this year.

Active
# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
71 Adams, Flozell T 6-7 338 35 13 Michigan State
26 Allen, Will S 6-1 200 28 7 Ohio State
55 Bailey, Patrick LB 6-4 235 24 3 Duke
16 Batch, Charlie QB 6-2 216 35 13 Eastern Michigan
84 Brown, Antonio WR 5-10 186 22 R Central Michigan
27 Burnett, Joe CB 5-10 192 23 2 Central Florida
40 Butler, Crezdon CB 6-1 191 23 R Clemson
25 Clark, Ryan FS 5-11 205 30 9 Louisiana State
42 Cromartie-Smith, Da'Mon S 6-2 210 23 R UTEP
10 Dixon, Dennis QB 6-3 209 25 3 Oregon
41 Dwyer, Jonathan RB 5-11 229 21 R Georgia Tech
93 Eason, Nick DE 6-3 305 30 8 Clemson
79 Essex, Trai G 6-5 324 27 6 Northwestern
51 Farrior, James ILB 6-2 243 35 14 Virginia
50 Foote, Larry LB 6-1 239 30 9 Michigan
73 Foster, Ramon T 6-6 325 24 2 Tennessee
57 Fox, Keyaron ILB 6-3 235 28 7 Georgia Tech
22 Gay, William CB 5-10 190 25 4 Louisville
90 Gibson, Thaddeus OLB 6-2 243 22 R Ohio State
19 Grisham, Tyler WR 5-11 180 23 1 Clemson
98 Hampton, Casey NT 6-1 325 33 10 Texas
92 Harrison, James OLB 6-0 242 32 7 Kent State
77 Harris, Ra'Shon DE 6-5 300 24 2 Oregon
62 Hartwig, Justin C 6-5 312 31 9 Kansas
66 Hills, Tony T 6-5 304 25 3 Texas
76 Hoke, Chris NT 6-2 305 34 9 Brigham Young
96 Hood, Ziggy DE 6-3 300 23 2 Missouri
85 Johnson, David TE 6-2 260 23 2 Arkansas State
99 Keisel, Brett DE 6-5 285 31 9 Brigham Young
68 Kemoeatu, Chris G 6-3 344 27 6 Utah
4 Leftwich, Byron QB 6-5 250 30 8 Marshall
64 Legursky, Doug C 6-1 315 24 2 Marshall
23 Lewis, Keenan CB 6-0 208 24 2 Oregon State
11 Logan, Stefan RB 5-6 180 29 2 South Dakota
37 Madison, Anthony DB 5-9 180 28 5 Alabama
20 McFadden, Bryant CB 6-0 190 28 6 Florida State
69 McLendon, Steve DT 6-4 280 24 1 Troy
34 Mendenhall, Rashard RB 5-10 225 23 3 Illinois
83 Miller, Heath TE 6-5 256 27 6 Virginia
21 Moore, Mewelde RB 5-11 209 28 7 Tulane
29 Mundy, Ryan FS 6-1 209 25 2 West Virginia
43 Polamalu, Troy SS 5-10 207 29 8 USC
53 Pouncey, Maurkice C/G 6-4 304 21 R Florida
82 Randle El, Antwaan WR 5-10 185 31 9 Indiana
33 Redman, Isaac RB 6-0 230 25 1 Bowie State
3 Reed, Jeff K 5-11 225 31 9 North Carolina
7 Roethlisberger, Ben QB 6-5 241 28 7 Miami (Ohio)
88 Sanders, Emmanuel WR 5-11 180 23 R SMU
72 Scott, Jonathan T 6-6 318 27 4 Texas
9 Sepulveda, Dan P 6-3 230 26 4 Baylor
91 Smith, Aaron DE 6-5 298 34 12 Northern Colorado
89 Spaeth, Matt TE 6-7 270 26 4 Minnesota
78 Starks, Max T 6-8 345 28 7 Florida
44 Summers, Frank RB 5-10 240 24 1 Nevada-Las Vegas
47 Sylvester, Stevenson ILB 6-2 231 22 R Utah
24 Taylor, Ike CB 6-2 195 30 8 Louisiana-Lafayette
94 Timmons, Lawrence LB 6-1 234 24 4 Florida State
65 Urbik, Kraig G 6-5 323 24 2 Wisconsin
17 Wallace, Mike WR 6-0 199 24 2 Mississippi
86 Ward, Hines WR 6-0 205 34 13 Georgia
60 Warren, Greg LS 6-3 252 28 6 North Carolina
56 Woodley, LaMarr OLB 6-2 265 25 4 Michigan
97 Worilds, Jason OLB 6-2 262 22 R Virginia Tech
95 Worthington, Doug DT 6-5 292 23 R Ohio State

Injured Reserve
74 Colon, Willie T 6-3 315 27 5 Hofstra
37 Harris, Tuff DB 6-0 198 27 4 Montana
80 Sweed, Limas WR 6-4 220 25 3 Texas

Physically Unable to Perform
61 Scott, Chris OT 6-4 319 23 R Tennessee

hindes204
09-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I think hartwig is gone...with the outstanding play of pouncey, I don't think there will be room for Hartwig. I'm hearing trade rumors already

adamsteve14
09-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I think Hartwig is gone. I hope my OSU boys make it. I know Gibson will, hope Worthington does too.

Pern
09-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Final 53:

QB Batch, Dixon, Leftwich, Roethlisberger
RB Dwyer, Mendenhall, Moore, Redman
TE Johnson, Miller, Spaeth
WR Battle, Brown, Randle El, Sanders, Wallace, Ward
OL Adams, Essex, Foster, Hills, Kemoeatu, Legursky, Pouncey, Scott, Starks

DL Eason, Hampton, Hoke, Hood, Keisel, Smith
LB Farrior, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Harrison, Sylvester, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds
DB Allen, Butler, Clark, Gay, Lewis, Madison, McFadden, Mundy, Polamalu, Taylor

LS Warren
PK Reed
P Sepulveda

54 -- Ben has a roster exemption during suspension

Can't remember the last time this many late draft picks made the team (Butler, Brown, Dwyer, Sylvester) i am appoint. I hope Worthington gets picked up by the PS.

Joe Burnett got cut, but did not expect Crezdon Butler to look this good.

Waiver wire pickup of interest: Buffalo cut James Hardy who was a legit possibility for the Steelers in the draft two years ago. Typical WR that would look good paired with Ben (ala Burress in ability to come back for the ball). It's hard for a young WR to transition into the league, not too mention the lack of a QB in Buffalo to assist.

adamsteve14
09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Final 53:

QB Batch, Dixon, Leftwich, Roethlisberger
RB Dwyer, Mendenhall, Moore, Redman
TE Johnson, Miller, Spaeth
WR Battle, Brown, Randle El, Sanders, Wallace, Ward
OL Adams, Essex, Foster, Hills, Kemoeatu, Legursky, Pouncey, Scott, Starks

DL Eason, Hampton, Hoke, Hood, Keisel, Smith
LB Farrior, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Harrison, Sylvester, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds
DB Allen, Butler, Clark, Gay, Lewis, Madison, McFadden, Mundy, Polamalu, Taylor

LS Warren
PK Reed
P Sepulveda

54 -- Ben has a roster exemption during suspension

Can't remember the last time this many late draft picks made the team (Butler, Brown, Dwyer, Sylvester) i am appoint. I hope Worthington gets picked up by the PS.

Joe Burnett got cut, but did not expect Crezdon Butler to look this good.

Waiver wire pickup: Buffalo cut James Hardy who was a legit possibility for the Steelers in the draft two years ago. Typical WR that would look good paired with Ben (ala Burress in ability to come back for the ball). It's hard for a young WR to transition into the league, not too mention the lack of a QB in Buffalo to assist.

We could use a big, fast receiver who can come back to the ball. I don't know why, but Ben has the tendency to underthrow Wallace. I don't know if it is because he is his 2nd or 3rd look but he is always late on his release and Wallace is a burner. I just hope that we can hinge on our D/running game and go 2-2 the first four games.

sgtrobo
09-05-2010, 08:44 AM
it's a timing thing with Wallace. He needs to release the ball earlier. He had great "deep ball threat" going with Santonio, but Wallace is a good 2 steps faster than 'Tone was.

I'm hoping they look to pick up Worthington and Harris for the PS. Another year or two of development and we'll have Keisel's replacement.

adamsteve14
09-05-2010, 08:47 AM
it's a timing thing with Wallace. He needs to release the ball earlier. He had great "deep ball threat" going with Santonio, but Wallace is a good 2 steps faster than 'Tone was.

I'm hoping they look to pick up Worthington and Harris for the PS. Another year or two of development and we'll have Keisel's replacement.

I know it is more of an issue of timing than arm strength, I just wish they would get on the same page. You can't blame Wallace for using his speed to get seperation. Ben has to know his matchups, know if there is coverage over the top, etc. I mean, if there is no safety deep, he should know where he is going unless the corner has incredibly soft coverage. Then he should know how to audible out to take advantage of the soft coverage. Then again, I am an armchair speculator, but Arians isn't much better.

Pern
09-05-2010, 08:54 AM
The way Ben moves around in the pocket and creates plays, he's better paired with the likes of Burress (it's a shame we only saw one season of that), oppose to a Mike Wallace who would fit better with a pocket passer like Manning. Obviously nice to have both, and he can still hit Wallace, but overall, if you watch Ben, you'll know what I mean.

sgtrobo
09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
yeah pern, i hear ya, but that's something Ben has to learn to do.

Don't wait until Wallace gets a step on his coverage to throw it.

Throw it when Wallace is a step BEHIND his coverage and let Wallace run underneath it.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Guys, your overreacting already with this whole Wallace/Ben thing.

Last year Wallace was a 3rd option, who Ben hit plenty. He was "late" because he was his 3rd or 4th read, behind Holmes, Ward, then maybe Miller. No one expected Wallace to do what he did last year, and thankfully for us we seen that talent.

Now this PRESEASON...we have been working with Leftwich and Dixon with the first team offense. Ben hasn't had much time to get his groove w/ Wallace as a WR2. Ben is going to have ~17 days to practice before he can take a snap against Cleveland. He's going to be fine...it took him awhile to get used to Holmes speed as well. When he hit Wallace in Denver, he put the ball in just about the only spot he could for Wallace to make a play. If he threw it any further, the S could have made a play...I'll take a 60 yard catch instead of an incomplete pass...

Big7Ben86
09-05-2010, 09:21 AM
got wallace and steelers D/ST on my FF team...hopin for the best

adamsteve14
09-05-2010, 09:28 AM
got wallace and steelers D/ST on my FF team...hopin for the best

Got Steelers D/ST, Mendenhall and MeMo.

Big7Ben86
09-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Got Steelers D/ST, Mendenhall and MeMo.

yes, got MeMo as well. i was gonna pick up big ben a little later in the draft in hopes of trading rivers for an elite player and sticking ben as my starter week 6 but he got snagged right before it got to me.

Pern
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Jeff Reed is going to be one of the top FF Kickers in the league the first 4 weeks.

adamsteve14
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Jeff Reed is going to be one of the top FF Kickers in the league the first 4 weeks.

Hope this isn't the case.

Pern
09-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Steelers Practice Squad:

TE Eugene Bright, OG Dorian Brooks, S DaíMon Cromartie-Smith, WR Tyler Grisham, OT Kyle Jolly, DT Steve McLendon, FB Frank Summers and DE Doug Worthington.

Pern
09-06-2010, 07:39 AM
6 days, Men.

IkZl6A3Tg0Q

hindes204
09-06-2010, 08:00 AM
6 days, Men.

IkZl6A3Tg0Q

Im pumped.......greatest time of the year

sgtrobo
09-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Steelers Practice Squad:

TE Eugene Bright, OG Dorian Brooks, S DaíMon Cromartie-Smith, WR Tyler Grisham, OT Kyle Jolly, DT Steve McLendon, FB Frank Summers and DE Doug Worthington.

like that we got DCS, Grisham and Worthington back to our practice squad. Grisham is one of those guys that is the "odd man out" in a WR corps that is far too talented.

Not real knowledgeable about Jolly or Brooks but we need OL to develop.

WTF is Eugene Bright doing on our PS? Why do we need yet another TE?

FormulaLT1poweR
09-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Bump.

I'll take this win.

Our Defense looked amazing for the most part.
OLine played well.

snwdevl10
09-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Bump.

I'll take this win.

Our Defense looked amazing for the most part.
OLine played well.

Definitely happy w the win..how did Dixon look? I had to Gamecast it

FormulaLT1poweR
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Definitely happy w the win..how did Dixon look? I had to Gamecast it

He looked "okay".

When he moved outside of the pocket, he looked good.

He threw 1 INT, and should have had another one. I still think they were trying to run the ball a little too much, but it's week 1.

He certainly didn't cost us the game, but he really didn't win it for us either.

If Roethlisberger was playing, this game would have never even been close...

Sean_A_Nitro
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Dixon had a few throws that mad ur heart skip a beat but he managed the game pretty well.

Takeaway points from this game:

Hines Ward is still the f*ckin man
Troy wouldve been the hero if Reed made that kick
Harrison and Woodley looked great, each had a sack, even Timmons looked nice
The O-line was pretty good except for the last drive where Dixon was sacked twice, Mendenhall had room for most of the day.

Pern
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
More concerned about how long Max Starks and Casey Hampton are going to be out (mainly Starks).

FormulaLT1poweR
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
More concerned about how long Max Starks and Casey Hampton are going to be out (mainly Starks).

Starks looked more serious than Hamptons.

Hampton was in street clothes walking around, etc. They never showed Starks again, and he couldn't put any weight on that leg...

Even w/out him, they still had some good blocks on that left side.

snwdevl10
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM
He looked "okay".

When he moved outside of the pocket, he looked good.

He threw 1 INT, and should have had another one. I still think they were trying to run the ball a little too much, but it's week 1.

He certainly didn't cost us the game, but he really didn't win it for us either.

If Roethlisberger was playing, this game would have never even been close...

Yea his #'s looked decent (cept for the pick), it's hard to tell without watching though. Glad to see the D play well..it looks like they may have to carry us the first few games

FormulaLT1poweR
09-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Yea his #'s looked decent (cept for the pick), it's hard to tell without watching though. Glad to see the D play well..it looks like they may have to carry us the first few games

Troy's INT was amazing. He read Ryan and made a great break on the ball, and found a way to drag both feet in-bounds.

He's such a difference maker...

thegenerel
09-12-2010, 03:24 PM
is kethnaab back yet?

FormulaLT1poweR
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
is kethnaab back yet?

Well he isn't banned anymore...

kethnaab
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
is kethnaab back yet?

who?

kethnaab
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
observations from today's game

1) Timmons is now "the man". Christ almighty was he disruptive. He has solidified his run stopping and his tackling, he is shedding blocks, he looks strong and he hasn't lost an ounce of quickness

2) James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley are going to kill somebody. In a game. On the field. This season.

3) Troy looked terrible early on with his missed tackles, and then it's like he got his game legs. Almost deflected that pitch and then made Matt Ryan his bithch on that pick.

4) Jeff Reed wants a new contract? Great way to start the season.

5) Pouncey is the best OLman on our team, but Flo looked damn good aside from that one sack that Biermann had on him, and he ate Biermann for lunch all game long in the run game.

6) Lost Colon, dumped Hartwig, lost Starks. I think losing Starks is trouble, but it will force the FO's hand this coming draft. I can see us moving some picks around and perhaps some players and grabbing 2 OL in the first 2 rounds

7) McFadden looked damn good in both run and pass. Yes, Roddy White caught 13 passes. For about 110 yards. Do the math, that's like 8 yards / catch. If you keep an elite WR like Roddy White to 8 yards/catch, you are doing a kickass job.

8) Ziggy is looking alive! I'm liking his play now, he was really kinda invisible during preseason games but he was a force out there today, disruptive and strong.

9) How many times did the announcers give Matt Ryan head? I really thought the one dude was in love with Ryan. Damn shame Ryan averaged about 5.5 yards/attempt and couldn't put a TD on the board.

10) Amazing that we managed to keep their running game in check with Snack down and out. That reminds us that we need a NT. Start watching some UW Huskies games. Alameda Ta'amu might make for a solid later round pick if he comes out next season. 6'3, 348 lbs and surprisingly agile. I lke what I've seen so far of him

11) Hines just gets the job done. When we need it. He is the man.

12) Please for the love of God get ARE and Mewelde Moore the fukk of the field. I'm faster than them. My 15-year old daughter is faster than them, and that one I'm being serious about. Moore does nothing well

13) Sepulveda earned his paycheck today. He flipped the field so many times today. I don't know if we win this game without Sep's 50+ yard booms.

ok, gotta take a dump. *salute*

Big7Ben86
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
a wins a win guys, its gonna feel like christmas time when ben stepped onto the field again in 4 weeks.

hell yes defense!

hindes204
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
1 down, 3 to go...if we can sneak out of this first 4 weeks 3-1, we have a real shot. I think the Bucs should be an easy win, and hopefully we can rack up a win against either Balt. or Tenn. Our defense was brutal as usual, our offensive line was suspect, as usual. I think we have a real player in Pouncey, he looked good all game. Losing Starks is gonna hurt though, we need some help up front badly. Flozell didnt do too bad, I figured hed have at least 3 or 4 holding calls. Looking forward to Tenn next week, that Terrible Towel incident still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!

Big7Ben86
09-13-2010, 09:26 PM
1 down, 3 to go...if we can sneak out of this first 4 weeks 3-1, we have a real shot. I think the Bucs should be an easy win, and hopefully we can rack up a win against either Balt. or Tenn. Our defense was brutal as usual, our offensive line was suspect, as usual. I think we have a real player in Pouncey, he looked good all game. Losing Starks is gonna hurt though, we need some help up front badly. Flozell didnt do too bad, I figured hed have at least 3 or 4 holding calls. Looking forward to Tenn next week, that Terrible Towel incident still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!

agreed.

so far, the almighty bengals and ravens =/= impressive

kethnaab
09-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Flacco sucks, but Sanchez sucks more, or we'd be in sole possession of 1st place

Misctify
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Alright, so who's the next victim?

kethnaab
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Titans

gotta contain Chris Johnson and Vince Young. I'm really worried about their interior defensive line

Srs Thread
09-14-2010, 06:53 AM
What's Hampton's status? I am really liking the way Ziggy played last game, a whole lot of potential.

Losing Starks isn't good, we are down to zero depth. I was surprised how well Flozell did at times for being so old, and Pouncey is going to be an absolute monster for years to come.

Defense is going to be amazing... but am i the only person who thinks Farrior looks like he is 80 years old at times?

kethnaab
09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Farrior is slowly becoming the weak link on that defense. He is slow now.

Flo is a solid run blocker, damn solid. He is vulnerable to speed rushers off the edge though.

Big7Ben86
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
i think alot of vince young's success depends on chris johnson. if we can keep johnson in check and not let vince get away with anything big early we should be ok.

TheRagingboxer
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
i think alot of vince young's success depends on chris johnson. if we can keep johnson in check and not let vince get away with anything big early we should be ok.

It's not even going to be an issue, Johnson may break 1 or 2 decent runs, but for the most part we gonna keep there running in check, both Young and Johnson, and force them to do some passing. Not even worried about it. Plus Dixon will step it up big time in this game.

WeLustPapes
09-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I hope the steelers knock CJ the **** out.

adamsteve14
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_699456.html

Starks and Hampton have not been ruled out for sunday.

hindes204
09-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Game day bishes....time to break out the terrible towel and head to the bar. I miss livin in da burgh where I could just watch the game at my house

FormulaLT1poweR
09-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Tough game today though.

No Roethlisberger
No Hampton
No Starks

Playing a tough Titans team on their turf. I hope we can pull this one out, slowing CJ2K will be the key.

hindes204
09-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Tough game today though.

No Roethlisberger
No Hampton
No Starks

Playing a tough Titans team on their turf. I hope we can pull this one out, slowing CJ2K will be the key.

Yea, not having Starks or Hampton is going to hurt. I think CJ is gonna have a hard time running against us, I don't think he'll even reach 100 yards. Mendy is gonna have a rough time running against the titans too, I expect a low scoring defensive battle. Hopefully they show lots of coverage of the Terrible Towel incident so it fires our players up

FormulaLT1poweR
09-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Yea, not having Starks or Hampton is going to hurt. I think CJ is gonna have a hard time running against us, I don't think he'll even reach 100 yards. Mendy is gonna have a rough time running against the titans too, I expect a low scoring defensive battle. Hopefully they show lots of coverage of the Terrible Towel incident so it fires our players up

Both players who had the "Terrible Towel Incident" are both gone.

Salty LenDale White, might as well cry himself to sleep since his NFL career is over.
Keith Bullocks is just about done as well.

Slowing CJ down, and controlling Vince Young will be the key to victory today.

hindes204
09-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Both players who had the "Terrible Towel Incident" are both gone.

Salty LenDale White, might as well cry himself to sleep since his NFL career is over.
Keith Bullocks is just about done as well.

Slowing CJ down, and controlling Vince Young will be the key to victory today.

I think there was three players, and they are all gone. But this is the first time we've played them at home since. Not that I think we need motivation to beat them, I was just bringing it up as a reminder of the disrespect the titans showed the team in 08.

Young is overrated, and we have a staunch run defense that should be able to contain CJ. We won't be able to stop him completely, the guy is too talented, but we can at least slow him down enough to force young to throw it more than he wants to. We gotta force them into a lot of 3rd and long situations, this is a part of the game they struggle with

FormulaLT1poweR
09-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I think there was three players, and they are all gone. But this is the first time we've played them at home since. Not that I think we need motivation to beat them, I was just bringing it up as a reminder of the disrespect the titans showed the team in 08.

Young is overrated, and we have a staunch run defense that should be able to contain CJ. We won't be able to stop him completely, the guy is too talented, but we can at least slow him down enough to force young to throw it more than he wants to. We gotta force them into a lot of 3rd and long situations, this is a part of the game they struggle with

Could have been, but I know Bullocks and White were the culprits. Motivation should be being an underdog w/out your star QB...

Vince Young is far from overrated, if anything he's underrated. You never hear about him being a "star", or a great QB. He turned the team around last year, and gives defenses another dimension to worry about. He's not a top 10 QB, but he's a game changer.

You are correct no one will STOP CJ2K, but very few can contain him. I think we will do a good job (we did last year), but that's going to be key. We can not let them get ahead of us, and continue to run the ball. Our defense getting off the field, and our offense moving the ball is very important. Dixon can not turn the ball over today either...

Pern
09-19-2010, 08:22 AM
90 degree weather. Wearing black uni's. Hopefully we have a lead going into the 4th quarter. If this game is like Atlanta, I don't see the Defense holding up.

Giving the Titans the edge due to: Vince Young > Dixon, and Tomlin being outcoached.

DJ_Balogh
09-19-2010, 08:31 AM
I think it'll be a close game, just like last season.

But I'll take the Titans in a nail biter. Due to Dixon's inexperience and home field advantage.

Oh and...

Here's to CJ going over the 100yd mark for 13 straight games.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4885/cjyeaumad.jpg

BOZZ
09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
LOL Titans exposed. Getting schooled at home by a Steelers team missing their starting QB, several lineman, and nose tackle . Scary to think how good we're going to be when healthy.

canuckathlete
09-19-2010, 01:00 PM
You are correct no one will STOP CJ2K, but very few can contain him. I think we will do a good job (we did last year), but that's going to be key.

I would say we stopped him dead in his tracks.

This defense looks like its back to its 08 form, Poly and Harrison are in beast mode already. Hopefully they can stay healthy

FormulaLT1poweR
09-19-2010, 01:19 PM
LOL Titans exposed. Getting schooled at home by a Steelers team missing their starting QB, several lineman, and nose tackle . Scary to think how good we're going to be when healthy.

Your a Steelers fan too BOZZ?

I have a new respect for you! Welcome to the Steelers thread.

Indeed, our D is absolutely deadly...wait until our offense gets their leader back!

Pern
09-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Antonio Brown set the tempo for this game. Looks like the Steelers found their return man. Too bad they don't trust him on Punt Returns.

adamsteve14
09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Best D in the NFL, end of story. They took the game over.

snwdevl10
09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
C. Johnson 16 car, 34 yds

feelsgoodman

I'll take the 7 TO's forced too

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 01:28 PM
16 carries, 34 yards

you mad?

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4885/cjyeaumad.jpg

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Scary to think how good we're going to be when healthy.

WTF? You're a Steelers fan, eh?

thegenerel
09-19-2010, 01:38 PM

put me down as a third!

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
here's a link to the Polamalu flying leap

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81aa71f6/Polamalu-flying-tackle

Pern
09-19-2010, 01:46 PM
here's a link to the Polamalu flying leap

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81aa71f6/Polamalu-flying-tackle

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/snuka.jpg

BOZZ
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Your a Steelers fan too BOZZ?

I have a new respect for you! Welcome to the Steelers thread.

Indeed, our D is absolutely deadly...wait until our offense gets their leader back!

put me down as a third!

LOLs try not to post too much to avoid being labelled as a homer when I close threads.

Misctify
09-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Kind of a crappy game.. but it win is a win.

thegenerel
09-19-2010, 01:51 PM
LOLs try not to post too much to avoid being labelled as a homer when I close threads.

i could see that being a problem, as youd eventually be called big bozz rapelisberger

Pern
09-19-2010, 02:00 PM

7 turnovers, shutting down one of the top RB's in the game, and benching Vince Young is as good as it gets. What else do you expect without Ben?

Big7Ben86
09-19-2010, 02:23 PM
is the nfl even gonna be fair when big ben returns?

zar17
09-19-2010, 02:28 PM
goes to show how much we missed troy and mcfadden last year...carter and gay were absolute ****

Misctify
09-19-2010, 02:30 PM
7 turnovers, shutting down one of the top RB's in the game, and benching Vince Young is as good as it gets. What else do you expect without Ben?

I didn't get to watch the entire game since I'm in Cali. They switched over to it every now and then on RedZone. Guess it was better than I thought. :)

Big7Ben86
09-19-2010, 02:30 PM
imagine if we had polamalu, mcfadden, and aaron smith last year

thegenerel
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM

if #7 played today, it wouldve been a 30 pt blowout

TheRagingboxer
09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
is the nfl even gonna be fair when big ben returns?

Doesn't look like it! Winning a game with Batch at the helm!

No denying Steeler D is #1, people gonna hate though

Misctify
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Damn all you people from Pen.. get to watch all their games. I'm stuck with 9'ers and Raiders. FML.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Damn all you people from Pen.. get to watch all their games. I'm stuck with 9'ers and Raiders. FML.

NFL Sunday Ticket = Problem Solved.

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 03:13 PM
i could see that being a problem, as youd eventually be called big bozz rapelisberger

haha....that's actually kinda cool sounding

Big BOZZ Rapelisberger....

I'm stuck in the Seattle area. No whining!

NFL Sunday Ticket = Problem Solved.

yeah, this. I'm sick of missing games. I'm on the same damn continent as the NFL for the first time in awhile, I need to watch me some STEELERS!!!

hindes204
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM

yep...I had to head out to the bar at 1000 this morning

yeah, this. I'm sick of missing games. I'm on the same damn continent as the NFL for the first time in awhile, I need to watch me some STEELERS!!!

Yep, at least Im in the same country this year, hard to watch the games in Iraq

Defense was ****ing brutal today, they looked amazing. The offense is still struggling with a weak offensive line and no starting QB. Even when Ben is back, the offensive line is still gonna be suspect. They really need to address this issue again in next years draft. It wasnt pretty but starting 2-0 without Ben is great!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Yep, at least Im in the same country this year, hard to watch the games in Iraq

same here. I had to stay up at all hours and go to the DFAC in the middle of the night to catch several of the games.

hindes204
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM
same here. I had to stay up at all hours and go to the DFAC in the middle of the night to catch several of the games.

I was in Iraq for the 2005 playoff run, missed almost all of the games, I was on the plane ride home when we beat Denver that year, and I was home for the Super Bowl. Last year I was in Kuwait, but we had a tv in our hooch so I got to see most of the games there

kethnaab
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah, I was in Iraq for Ben's rookie season, then stuck in "E6" school during the 2005 playoffs.

2008 I got to watch the games at home though. YEAH!! :D

TheRagingboxer
09-20-2010, 07:18 AM
2-0. It's looking good. Dixon well who knows at this point, all I know is that Batch cannot be our starting QB next week or its a def 2-1!

Steelers D? Did u expect anything less! I will homer any thread I can talking that their teams D is #1, because after watching this game, its undeniable that our D is #1!

Srs Thread
09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
if we can patch up our oline, i think we might be the favorites this year. i'm excited

Pern
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Looks like we cut McClendon to bring back Leftwich. Hopefully no one picks him up, considering he's no longer a secret to the NFL.

Although Hoke is one of the more underrated players in the league, I wonder if Hampton will be active this Sunday, due to the same possible heat and musical chairs.

thegenerel
09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
i took me a few reads to understand what was said but...

RT @LaMarrWoodley: @chrisjohnson28 @ryanclark25 @tpolamalu @mundy_steelers @mvp86hinesward i dont remember the TITANS because we clashed the TITANS lol[yall aint dat good mark my word

Woodley said "i dont remember the TITANS because we clashed the TITANS"

CJ34 said "lol yall aint dat good mark my word"

CJ34 exposed as a sore loser.

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Chris Johnson said that? Absolutely ridiculous.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Dennis Dixon has a torn meniscus...and may be put on I.R. he is seeking a 2nd opinion...

thegenerel
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Chris Johnson said that? Absolutely ridiculous.

address him by his real name, CJ34

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
why CJ34?

i mean, what is the "34" there for? his # is 28 isn't it?

thegenerel
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
why CJ34?

i mean, what is the "34" there for? his # is 28 isn't it?

2k = 2000 yards
34 = 34 yards

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
2k = 2000 yards
34 = 34 yards

*cackles*

ah....gotcha....

FormulaLT1poweR
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=182779&id=4729

Being reported by ProFootballTalk, who HATES the Steelers...so take it with a grain of salt as of now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5597117

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Florio doesn't actually hate the Steelers, but he loves to post inflammatory $hit because that causes the multitude of Steelers fans to flock to his site

Shefter is quality reporting. I can't say I'm upset, especially since we picked up Leftwich (again)

FormulaLT1poweR
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Florio doesn't actually hate the Steelers, but he loves to post inflammatory $hit because that causes the multitude of Steelers fans to flock to his site

Shefter is quality reporting. I can't say I'm upset, especially since we picked up Leftwich (again)

Florio is a complete idiot...I've read a lot of things he wrote...and he's clearly a Bengals homer. I can also see your point about getting more fans to his website by his posting style.

Shefter is good, but I'm wondering what his sources are. I'm not doubting the injury, but I'd like to know if it's true, and if so how long. Obviously if it's 2-3 weeks, it won't matter anyway. I'm not so stoked about Leftwich or Batch behind that line right now...especially w/ Tampa's secondary...

Pern
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Mendenhall needs a bounce back game this weekend.

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
mendenhall was outstanding against the Titans

he was asked to run, face-first, into a 10-man wall with nothing resembling a talented from 5 blocking for him.

he did a great job. Kid earns my respect more and more each week.

thegenerel
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
WTFreddy is mad. he thought a pre-emptive neg would deter me. ha

kethnaab
09-20-2010, 05:01 PM
WTFreddy is mad. he thought a pre-emptive neg would deter me. ha

eh? link?

Pern
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
mendenhall was outstanding against the Titans

he was asked to run, face-first, into a 10-man wall with nothing resembling a talented from 5 blocking for him.

he did a great job. Kid earns my respect more and more each week.

Yeah, I know he can only do so much with the predictable playcalling, but I would like to see him carry the Offense from time to time, no matter what OL or QB is back there.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I know he can only do so much with the predictable playcalling, but I would like to see him carry the Offense from time to time, no matter what OL or QB is back there.

I'd say he carried the offense in Week 1?

Let's face it, we've got a "hybrid" RB now. He's got power, and a bit of speed, and the ability to catch.

Running set's up the pass...and vice versa. Right now, we can NOT throw the ball...which is allowing teams to focus on him. Not to mention the OL isn't the greatest...

I agree w/ kethnabb, I'm impressed with him thus far and have no complaints. If he goes down, we are in big trouble at RB...

thegenerel
09-20-2010, 05:12 PM
eh? link?

he is in the spider sense thread. made some stupid comment and i mocked him.

(no neg train)

Pern
09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd say he carried the offense in Week 1?

Let's face it, we've got a "hybrid" RB now. He's got power, and a bit of speed, and the ability to catch.

Running set's up the pass...and vice versa. Right now, we can NOT throw the ball...which is allowing teams to focus on him. Not to mention the OL isn't the greatest...

I agree w/ kethnabb, I'm impressed with him thus far and have no complaints. If he goes down, we are in big trouble at RB...

For sure, that's what I meant by bounce back game. Get back to 100+ and prevent the Defense from being drained out and injured by Week 7.

adamsteve14
09-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I certainly hope leftwich can start sunday. He practiced a little last week and at least he will be able to complete some passes. Batch couldn't even make a 5 step drop before getting swarmed, hence why they ran the ball 95% of the time.

TheRagingboxer
09-21-2010, 07:35 AM
I certainly hope leftwich can start sunday. He practiced a little last week and at least he will be able to complete some passes. Batch couldn't even make a 5 step drop before getting swarmed, hence why they ran the ball 95% of the time.

Hate to say it by I agree with this. Batch's facial expression looked like he was scared sh!tless. Not saying he isn't good, but he is not a game winning type of QB. We cannot run the ball the entire game and expect to profit. Is Leftwich any better? I don't know probably but not by much. Dixon better get that knee together or he will never become a starting QB.

Free Big Ben

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 09:41 AM
not to throw the worry flag, but if leftwich cant go, batch is old and injury prone, if something happens the game vs tampa bay might turn into superbowl 40 with randle el throwing the ball.

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
not to throw the worry flag, but if leftwich cant go, batch is old and injury prone, if something happens the game vs tampa bay might turn into superbowl 40 with randle el throwing the ball.

maybe its time to take a break from football man....

Big7Ben86
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
maybe its time to take a break from football man....

all im saying is randle el was 3rd qb on our depth chart, and there's a possibility of him playing if leftwich and batch are our qb's

especially with how our qb situation has gone in terms of injury thus far

wats ur deal?

thegenerel
09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
all im saying is randle el was 3rd qb on our depth chart, and there's a possibility of him playing if leftwich and batch are our qb's

especially with how our qb situation has gone in terms of injury thus far

wats ur deal?

its quite preposterous to even suggest that ARE is going to play QB AND that you are always in the center of any steeler related flame war.