PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

percussion8903
01-15-2009, 07:20 AM
If this team wins a sixth superbowl I will **** myself. No doubt its probably decided by the AFC North division. Next game will probably be close.

drnyc
01-15-2009, 08:01 AM
I would have preferred Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants, a "marquee" matchup with Pittsburgh winning.

IMO, I've listed the NFL teams in terms of 'marquee" value = superlative, headlining, teams people want to see (no particular order):

1st tier:
New England Patriots
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys

2nd tier:
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets
San Diego Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears

Honorable mention: Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders

From a national perspective, most people don't care about the rest of the NFL teams.

kethnaab
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
as bizarre as this sounds, I think the Raiders are 1st tier. Uncle Al has destroyed the organization, but the Raiders, mostly through the marketing of their colors, is an extremely popular team with "non-NFL" fans

drnyc
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I thought about that - I agree with you. I also forgot about the Redskins. Here's the new list:

1st tier:
New England Patriots
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys
Oakland Raiders
Washington Redskins

2nd tier:
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets
San Diego Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears

Honorable mention: Miami Dolphins

httrdd007
01-18-2009, 01:41 AM
New to forum, but been a Steelers fan for a while! 2009 SB here we come!

kethnaab
01-18-2009, 02:51 AM
WELCOME fellow black and gold enthusiast!

snwdevl10
01-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Let's go BLACK and GOLD!

EC_Muscle
01-18-2009, 08:53 AM
should be a fierce game tonight.

2stoked
01-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Manhood football

FormulaLT1poweR
01-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Let's go BLACK and GOLD!

kethnaab
01-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Let's go BLACK and GOLD!

Misctify
01-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm a little nervous, somebody hold me!

Sobe188
01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Get some Steelers.

DAVEZILLA
01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
so far so good....

Misctify
01-18-2009, 06:15 PM
That P.I. call was bullsh*t.

saaltydog
01-18-2009, 06:16 PM
That P.I. call was bullsh*t.

Yeah it was a horrible call. First the Steelers get a TD taken away from them then the Refs pretty much give the Ravens a TD.

kethnaab
01-18-2009, 06:16 PM
so was the personal foul against Kemo

trek_6k
01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Pretty sketchy officiating thus far... I'd hate to see the outcome of this be determined by some BS calls.

snwdevl10
01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
so was the personal foul against Kemo

Ya that was bad.

Also I can't believe sweed dropped that pass :(

snwdevl10
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
What a hit by clark, hopefully Willis is OK though.

Misctify
01-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Super Bowl baby!!!!11111

trek_6k
01-18-2009, 08:24 PM
:).

TAWS6
01-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Good job boys. You got a bad ass team.

Ruger357
01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Ya that was bad.

Also I can't believe sweed dropped that pass :(

Sweed pisses me the fck off. That's 2 TD passes in 2 weeks that he dropped. Leftwich hit him right in the numbers last week and he dropped it. I know he's a rookie but c'mon, the pass was perfect.

Misctify
01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
brb, fapping on terrible towel...

ElMariachi
01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ad/fullj.dcf3388c3a4de46e736cd7f59dea2995/dcf3388c3a4de46e736cd7f59dea2995-getty-84226884rm024_nfc_champions.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090118/capt.575f5f27a86742f7a2f2ffb31db3fd9a.nfc_champion ship_football_nfc147.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/2d/fullj.061189a5f9fd9a9e59e6972490a0fe16/061189a5f9fd9a9e59e6972490a0fe16-getty-84226884mw049_nfc_champions.jpg

Its on like Donkey Kong!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113499371

Ruger357
01-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I never would have picked the Steelers to be in the Super Bowl this year. When I saw their schedule I figured they'd go about 9-7. Guess that's why I manage technology projects and don't coach football.

On a side note, my good friend at work, that I sit next to, is a HUGH Cards fans. I already called him and told him that we were going to fck the Cards up.

jayson86
01-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Superbowllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

BigVic5
01-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Superbowl baby!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the Cards!!!!!!!
Let's make space for throphy #6

Ruger357
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Superbowl baby!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the Cards!!!!!!!
Let's make space for throphy #6

That's the only advantage of being old...er, older. I've gotten to see all their super bowl wins. Here's hoping for number 6.

2stoked
01-18-2009, 09:13 PM
First team to six titles!

jayson86
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers - The First Sixth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

percussion8903
01-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Well I don't really know how to say this so I'll just say it here.

I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon, and certainly don't want any Cowboy fans leaving our fan base, but I'm calling and saying the Steelers WILL take home a 6th lombardi trophy. Three years ago I knew they would win as soon as they beat the Colts and this time when the Chargers got eliminated. Last night it came clear to me, losing only a few minutes of sleep that Dallas would be broken by the Steelers for the first time since the 70s, the 90s Dallas broke the Steelers, and I really hate to say it, but in two weeks I will know exactly how the Steelers fans felt 14 years ago, as I have been a Dallas fan for 19 years and waiting for them to break the lombardi record since 1995, the Steelers fans have waited since 1989 when 49ers tied it. It sucks for me and I just want to get the pain out of the way somehow. I cant disrespect any of these teams no matter their outcome every year. These two teams were franchise rivalries for countless years and I predict that they will probably stay franchise rivals for several years to come. The Steelers have sick tackling ability based on what I saw last night and their defense has been on for not just this year but decades.

Thats it. I really don't see the Cardinals beating the Steel Curtain so thats part of why I posted this here.

thegenerel
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
hey guys, im going to try and put together a rep bet for only steeler and cards fans.

here it is. kind of a different idea, hopefully it works.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=276152941#post276152941

jayson86
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
hey guys, im going to try and put together a rep bet for only steeler and cards fans.

Can you put me down for the Steelers?? Absolutely no bandwagoner here.

Ruger357
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM

Sounds good. I hit that other thread and put my name in.

trek_6k
01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
A treat for all of us...

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6374/n688009280gh1.jpg

DAVEZILLA
01-24-2009, 08:53 AM
for those of you who's not aware let's finish off the panthers....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112423141

percussion8903
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
A treat for all of us...

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6374/n688009280gh1.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek:

2stoked
01-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Good read on NFL Defensive MVP James Harrison.

It speaks about how the Steelers' last traing camp he attended was his path to the NFL or become a busdriver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3855349

Ruger357
01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
OK Steeler fans, time to put the favorite collective NFL team thread to rest. Panthers only have 3 left. Get your asses in there and put the Steelers on top, just like they'll be Sunday night.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112423141

hellabutt
01-27-2009, 08:04 PM
i finished it off

canuckathlete
01-27-2009, 09:12 PM
i finished it off

Nice!

What does everyone think of Hines?

Its pretty much guaranteed that he is playing, unless he can't drag himself onto the field sunday. But i doubt he will be close to 100%.

It will be interesting to see what Holmes does as the #1 wr option, and if Sweed can step up

DAVEZILLA
01-28-2009, 01:57 AM
here is the list of the people who posted in that thread who had at least 10 posts....good job guise:D

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,024
User Name Posts
Krunchy 97
kethnaab 64
CardsFan 62
Greg1983 60
cthebeast 57
jkeithc82 57
Misctify 50
Iraq Attaq 48
papi93 47
DAVEZILLA 43
quietstormx1 43
bigpoppaproppy 42
El Gilbro 39
wsuwarrior 37
Steelers39 34
wkanack33 33
cawagner01 30
PackerFan85 30
TarheelMak 30
FormulaLT1poweR 30
bgurltryall 29
B Con 29
Curl Master 28
robogain 28
bubba g 26
KingCanuck 26
bbacn123 25
Max~Power 22
agm22 22
thacalikid911 21
TxTreb88 21
GBA 21
strongsidebackr 20
n00bist 19
King of the Misc 18
neelb_24 18
percussion8903 18
kev_b81 18
Ralph Wiggum 17
jlick 16
cash459 16
Mr_O_2020 15
mrawdtsi 15
Mew2 15
NoS_oUtLaSt 15
tahm 15
finalyhereturns 14
44jeff44 14
thegenerel 14
Exist 2 Inspire 13
yankeekd25 13
K20A2 13
tnel00 12
deepthr0at 12
hellabutt 11
NorthernRaZ 11
Southern Cross 11
Aries21 11
bodybuilder127 11
B. Roth 11
fivas15 10

kethnaab
01-28-2009, 09:34 AM
i'm just pissed I couldn't be the one that finished it off for mah Stilerz

DAMMIT ! :p

kethnaab
01-28-2009, 09:35 AM
oh yeah

go to nfl.com and vote for Harrison as DPOY (through nfl.com, I know it's already official)

DAVEZILLA
02-01-2009, 06:02 PM
holy ****....unbelievable what a finish to the first half....

kethnaab
02-01-2009, 06:15 PM
oh damn, that was SOOOO needed.

DAVEZILLA
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
oh damn, that was SOOOO needed.

hell yeah.....that was a 14 point turn-a-round

snwdevl10
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Number 6 baby!!

DAVEZILLA
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
sV-vVMbWQMA

DAVEZILLA
02-01-2009, 08:40 PM
ped4yd5mEa4

BigVic5
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!! six pack baby!!! that was an great throw by Big Ben but even greater catch by Santonio!!!
I got so mad when the Cards took the lead, i almost broke my tv and thought i was going to get a heart attack! by my wife slapped me and told me: "hey, we are the Steelers and we don't give up, we will win this game".... i'm so glad she was next to me because she was right!!!!
here we go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thy_Kingdom
02-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!! six pack baby!!! that was an great throw by Big Ben but even greater catch by Santonio!!!
I got so mad when the Cards took the lead, i almost broke my tv and thought i was going to get a heart attack! by my wife slapped me and told me: "hey, we are the Steelers and we don't give up, we will win this game".... i'm so glad she was next to me because she was right!!!!
here we go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL same.

Greg1983
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Congrats Steeler fans! Been rooting for you ever since the Pack were out of the running. See you in Miami next year!

Uncle Ben
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Jesus Christ I have no fingernails left..

The Steelers mounted their typical need-to-score drive. santonio was amazingon that drive.

snwdevl10
02-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I could seriously not sit down the entire last half of that fourth quarter, I was pacing all over my room haha. Santonio played amazing and def deserved the MVP.

Ruger357
02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
SB ended like most Steeler victories this year...down to the wire. What a fcking finish. I was at a SB party surrounded by Steeler fans and a few Cardinal fans. I knew the Cards wouldn't be a pushover. Great game by both teams.

HardcoreFitness
02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
How could I have not know about this thread!?!? lol, but def a great game! Soon as our offensive line coudn't protect Ben, and then our D coudln't get a hold on fitzgerald I started getting worried, but inspite of all the bad calls we pulled it off. Hell of a game right to the end!

Ruger357
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Question for fellow Steeler fans. I've watched most of the Steeler games this year. What the hell was up with Harrison and his personal foul? I've never seen him lose his cool like that. Any idea what set him off?

HardcoreFitness
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Question for fellow Steeler fans. I've watched most of the Steeler games this year. What the hell was up with Harrison and his personal foul? I've never seen him lose his cool like that. Any idea what set him off?
Wondering the same thing, I def lost some respect for him with that move.

jayson86
02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Ya that move by Harrison was terrible. I honestly think he should have been ejected from the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow...................................

SUPERBOWL WINNER - Pittsburgh Steeler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

STEELER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HardcoreFitness
02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
agreed

xJustin
02-01-2009, 10:13 PM
one for the OTHER thumb!

kethnaab
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
guys, holy ****!!! What ****ing game do the Steelers play?

do we play basketball?

do we play soccer?

do we play baseball?

WE PLAY ****ING FOOTBALL HERE!!

a good 3/4 of the game is based on physical intimidation. What Harrison did was intimidate the dude. Was it wise? No. Do I agree with what he did? No.

If you lost even a quarter ounce of respect for Harrison over this, then reach down between your legs, grab hold, and give it a squeeze. Please make sure you still have a pair. Lambert, Greene, and Mel Blount were PHYSICALLY INTIMIDATING.

Theyd ominated the opponent physically AND mentally AND emotionally. So did Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke, and Mike Singletary.

If you think otherwise, then you are simply fooling yourselves or you haven't been watching football long enough to have seen it progress from a nasty, challenging violent sport to the ballerina touch bull**** we are seeing today.

Polamalu wasn't kidding when he said the NFL is becoming sissified

for chrissakes, he gave him a few pushes and a shot to the side. WTF do you think Harrison goes through every play of every damn game?

Ironjon84
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM

do we play basketball?

do we play soccer?

do we play baseball?

a good 3/4 of the game is based on physical intimidation. What Harrison did was intimidate the dude. Was it wise? No. Do I agree with what he did? No.

If you lost even a quarter ounce of respect for Harrison over this, then reach down between your legs, grab hold, and give it a squeeze. Please make sure you still have a pair. Lambert, Greene, and Mel Blount were PHYSICALLY INTIMIDATING.

Theyd ominated the opponent physically AND mentally AND emotionally. So did Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke, and Mike Singletary.

If you think otherwise, then you are simply fooling yourselves or you haven't been watching football long enough to have seen it progress from a nasty, challenging violent sport to the ballerina touch bull**** we are seeing today.

for chrissakes, he gave him a few pushes and a shot to the side. WTF do you think Harrison goes through every play of every damn game?

this is a good post...

I laughed when Harrison did it...reminded me of Lambert both products of Kent State

canuckathlete
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM

do we play basketball?

do we play soccer?

do we play baseball?

exactly, im amazed at all the people calling out harrison. What he did was stupid (and he maybe should have been ejected) but it was his first time doing something like that.

If it was Ray Ray or Porter who did it people would be talking about how much of an awesome leader they are and how their intensity is amazing

Ruger357
02-01-2009, 10:27 PM
exactly, im amazed at all the people calling out harrison. What he did was stupid (and he maybe should have been ejected) but it was his first time doing something like that.

If it was Ray Ray or Porter who did it people would be talking about how much of an awesome leader they are and how their intensity is amazing

That's why I brought it up. It's out of character for him. Just wondering what set him off.

snwdevl10
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
That's why I brought it up. It's out of character for him. Just wondering what set him off.

Probably just didn't like Francisco diving at his knees, emotions got the best of him. Harrison showed him what was up for sure though.

jayson86
02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
My bad... I didn't see the entire play, but remembered that he was penalized 1/2 a yard for it....I based my comments on the gif that was posted.

I really don't know Harrison's side of the story.

My bad, but ya it does seem random for him to explode like that.

Misctify
02-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I know I'm late, but... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111

percussion8903
02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Well, I didnt **** myself, but it was a good game.

Ruger357
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I think fan reaction around the league is interesting. This year it seemed most non-Steeler/non-Card fans were pulling for Arizona. The hatred toward the Steelers was much more vocal than it has been. I mean look at the reaction here at bb.com. Reminds me of a lot of peoples feelings towards the Patriots. People really hate the Patriots, myself included, although I've been rethinking that attitude lately.

Is the reason behind the hatred just as simple as jealousy? Seriously, I don't really have a reason to hate the Patriots, except for the fact that every year, even this year without Brady, they field a team that has the potential of going all the way.

thegenerel
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
i went misc on a guy from rivals (on the penn st site)

Guy: Harrison is a thug (in response to someone saying Holmes is a criminal)
Me: "u mad?

he will get a hand written apology out to you asap. sorry that he was pissed a little DB dove at his knees.

thing is, he is out celebrating a SB win and has no idea who you are.

you are sitting here hating and will probably cry yourself to sleep after masturbating in a dark, cold room."
Him: are you an idiot or do you just play one here in the Lions Den?
Me: "Age: 55

dont worry, you have 10-15 good years left.

for now, zip it old man. go beat off to your trailer. (he has all these pics in his profile of a stupid RV he drives)"

cawagner01
02-03-2009, 09:59 AM

do we play basketball?

do we play soccer?

do we play baseball?

Good post! Reps.

SweetTouch
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Is the reason behind the hatred just as simple as jealousy?

I think it was more that people were appalled at the ridiculously biased officiating.

cawagner01
02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
One more thing.

"Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!!"

HardcoreFitness
02-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I think it was more that people were appalled at the ridiculously biased officiating.
agreed, but inspite of the horrible biased officiated we still pulled off the win ;)

Calhexas
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Harrison is a classless goon.

/thread.

Ruger357
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM

One second, let me turn the dumbfck filter off in my profile so I can see your post. Ahhh, that's better. You've already started enough "waaaaaah the Steelers won" threads throughout the Sports section. No need to trash up our thread also.

Dumbfck filter back on.

Ruger357
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
OK, fellow Steeler fans, another take on Harrison:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/119049-wrongly-accused-james-harrison-plays-football-the-way-god-intended-it

quietstormx1
02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
buddy of mine took this in 2005/06...

http://i44.tinypic.com/mi17h0.jpg

BADDLEGG
02-04-2009, 10:39 AM
First: damn it feels good to be the king
Second: "here we go steeleres here we go"
Third: This is the same sh## all the babies said about the win against the seahawks. Wa the refs, Wa they cheated. If the cards should have won then they would have won. They were a good team but just could not get it done when it counted.
Forth: THis isn't patty cake or the NBA if some one gets in your face, punches or pushes you oh well stand up like a man and do it back or change your kotex because Harrison is the SH$$.
Finally this is a perfect example of how great Ben is. He is better than Bradshaw was. You must admit he may drag his feet for most of the game but come the fourth quarter and time is running out and you are behind there is no other quarter back that I would want in the back field. I think this is the 10nth time he has done it this season alone.
SOme one please call Tomlin and tell him to draft some o line players please.

cawagner01
02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
OK, fellow Steeler fans, another take on Harrison:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/119049-wrongly-accused-james-harrison-plays-football-the-way-god-intended-it

Hmm... Pretty interesting take. I don't think your average football fan realizes what goes on during a special teams play in the NFL. I guess that is why they call the special teams players the "suicide squad".

kethnaab
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
okay gents, time to relieve a little of this week's glory

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2009/02/02/0202-SUPERBOWL/26755368.JPG

1 on 1 coverage:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00Ip24J6WH9qk/610x.jpg

3 on 1 coverage didn't make it any better for Arizona:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04H32DNcdq4v3/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/071P0P7b67d1f/610x.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/nfl.super.bowl.XLIII/images/aa.opgr-97942-mid.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Ovf3Dctv2lh/610x.jpg

HardcoreFitness
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Awesome pics bro! I love how ward is ALWAYS smiling lol

I had legacy club seats at the first playoff game which are in the endzone on the field, and you could see him every play and even during warmups and he never stopped his trademark ear to ear smile.

Clide Whit
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Being born and raised as an Eagles fan does give me a bitter taste about the Steelers. But I do have to admit that they are the perfect example of why you don't have to go out and sign and scramble for big key free agents every off-season to be a championship team (Like Dallas) and instead building your team through the draft. I can't seem to recall the last time they went out and got a big-name free agent. I don't think it has ever happened.

kethnaab
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Being born and raised as an Eagles fan does give me a bitter taste about the Steelers. But I do have to admit that they are the perfect example of why you don't have to go out and sign and scramble for big key free agents every off-season to be a championship team (Like Dallas) and instead building your team through the draft. I can't seem to recall the last time they went out and got a big-name free agent. I don't think it has ever happened.

Kevin Greene and Jerome Bettis are the last "big name" free agents that I can think of.

snwdevl10
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Awesome picks keth!

Also I agree about the OL pick, I think we should go their first round if there is someone decent left still.

thegenerel
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
dont let the haters ruin this.

vote for the steelers.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113944761

edit: especially now that JRRbadboy (the guy w/o a team) is stalking this.

thegenerel
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Kevin Greene and Jerome Bettis are the last "big name" free agents that I can think of.

Kevin Greene and Duce Staley.

Jerome was a draft day trade

kethnaab
02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Kevin Greene and Duce Staley.

Jerome was a draft day trade

that's right, good catch. thanks.

forgot about Duce and his 7 game stint in 2004. :p

cawagner01
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Was James Farrior a free agent from the Jets? He was a good find.

kethnaab
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
a solid one, but not a big-name guy

cawagner01
02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
a solid one, but not a big-name guy

True

Ruger357
02-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Based upon 2008 win/loss records, the Steelers will have one of the weakest schedules for 2009. I hate that. Means that we will enter the playoffs without being battle tested, although we will be playing the Ravens twice.

Personally I liked this years hard schedule. At least I knew when we made the playoffs we'd be ready. Below is the 2009 strength of schedule:

1. Miami Dolphins 152 104 0 .594
2. Carolina Panthers 151 104 1 .592
3. New England Patriots 151 105 0 .590
4. Atlanta Falcons 150 105 1 .588
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 148 107 1 .580
6. Buffalo Bills 146 110 0 .570
7. New York Jets 145 110 1 .568
8. New Orleans Saints 142 113 1 .557
9. Philadelphia Eagles 137 119 0 .535
10. New York Giants 134 120 2 .527
11. Dallas Cowboys 131 123 2 .516
11. Jacksonville Jaguars 132 124 0 .516
13. Indianapolis Colts 131 125 0 .512
14. Tennessee Titans 130 126 0 .508
15. Houston Texans 129 126 1 .506
16. Washington Redskins 125 129 2 .492
17. Kansas City Chiefs 123 131 2 .484
17. San Diego Chargers 123 131 2 .484
19. Denver Broncos 122 132 2 .480
19. Oakland Raiders 122 132 2 .480
21. Detroit Lions 119 136 1 .467
22. Cincinnati Bengals 119 137 0 .465
22. St. Louis Rams 119 137 0 .465
24. Seattle Seahawks 117 139 0 .457
25. Cleveland Browns 114 140 2 .449
26. San Francisco 49ers 113 142 1 .443
27. Arizona Cardinals 113 143 0 .441
28. Baltimore Ravens 111 143 2 .438
29. Pittsburgh Steelers 110 144 2 .434
30. Green Bay Packers 109 146 1 .428
31. Minnesota Vikings 107 148 1 .420
32. Chicago Bears 105 149 2 .414
* Based on opponents' 2008 record

Ruger357
02-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh, and here is the schedule:

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

jayson86
02-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

That could be the easiest schedule in all of NFL.

Ruger357
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
That could be the easiest schedule in all of NFL.

29th out of 32. Damn close.

MissDara
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Holmes is gorgeous. Too bad he is 24 with 3 kids. Really...

PitbullJR
02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
The southside was crazy the night they won. My cousin play for Duquesne Univ so I was down there. It was wild

kethnaab
02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2drvq79.jpg

Misctify
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh hai.

http://i39.tinypic.com/5ckh9f.jpg

BigVic5
02-21-2009, 05:21 PM

let me say it now and not wait until the season starts....with that schedule we have for 2009, we'll finish at least with 14-2! (probably would lose one to the Ravens and with the Chargers, not sure yet)

can't wait until next season....is it september yet????

httrdd007
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
We are going to go back to back this year with the upcoming schedule!

BigVic5
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
yes, i really think so...

this video is really funny!!! i have watched it like 30 times LOL

http://www.hulu.com/watch/56634/saturday-night-live-update-james-harrison#s-p1-st-i2

kethnaab
05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Steelers draft - my take on things

1.32 - Ziggy Hood - alot is made of this pick, why didn't the Steelers take Eben Britton, why didn't we take Jarron Gilbert, etc

well, one of the main criticisms is that Hood was a 1-gap shooter rather than a 2-gap block-eater. That's not that big of a deal for the Steelers, as he probably will be used more in nickel packages where pass rush is paramount. I assume he's being groomed to take Keisel's place, whose contract is up soon. If that is the case, the Steelers' RDE really doesn't REQUIRE 2-gap as much as, say, Aaron Smith over on the left side. Our defense is more pressure-oriented from the right side, so his ability to shoot gaps and rush the QB is more than useful. Besides, the dude is a 6'3, 300-lb freak who timed about .06 less than Jarron Gilbert but is about 15 lbs heavier. No worries, the man can be taught!

Urbik is an oaf. I see him fighting Stapleton at RG. He isn't a pass pro guy, he's a "short yardage" guy. Eben Britton wasn't a Steelers kinda guy, nor was Oher. Both are too soft. We need nasty dudes, and that's what Urbik is. I'd like to see a LG with good footwork though, so we could get Kemo the hell outta there, because he is WAY miscast at RG.

Then the next 3 picks - our speedsters. IF we didn't pick up the 2nd coming of Dwight "Hands of" Stone, we should be good. We got 2 guys who can return kicks, 2 DBs who are solid and physical, and Wallace should replace Wahsington nicely. Little known fact - Wallace was about 0.01 slower than DHB in his 40. That ain't much. :D

Frank Summers is another dude we brought on hopefully to help our short yardage situation. Between Urbik, who has more ass than Stapleton, and Summers, who is 5'9, 245 lbs (with good hands and great aggressive attitude) we might be set. I just think Tomlin likes the incumbent a bit too much, so Summers has his work cut out for him.

The rest of the dudes look like practice squad fodder to me. The biggest question of this draft will be "where is Ziggy headed"?

Casey isn't getting any younger, nor any slighter of foot (he's looking like he needs to get pushed back into the water). He's coming up on C3 soon, and I don't know if the Steelers should venture an extension/C3 on him. Unfortunately, I don't see a replacement for him on the roster. We need to find another 335-lb space eater or we're going to be in trouble. Casey (and Troy's health) are my only real worries on defense.

i WOULD like to know whta is going on with Foote though. Unless Timmons has added some beef, he's still not quite a 3-down player with his run stopping game leaving a bit to be desired. Timmons is more suited to OLB in my opinion, but provides great quickness, coverage ability and a great interior pass rush when needed.

Yee-haw, can't wait for 2009 NFL season to start

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

BigVic5
07-21-2009, 07:01 PM
we got our 6th superbowl ring, we celebrated, got thru the draft, training camp and we are getting ready for the pre season already....but there are always scandals around the league, but Big Ben?? i am still having a hard time believing this crap... what you guys think about this lawsuit thing?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8116680b&template=without-video&confirm=true

DAVEZILLA
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
it's almost football season bishes...I'm gettin' psyched...

kethnaab
08-10-2009, 04:12 AM
oih yes

lots of positive word out of camp about our rookie DE Ziggy Hood. He's been outstanding and has demonstrated a great attitude and a great work ethic. By all accounts, he's going to make an excellent Pittsburgh Steeler.

Tough call at the "power running back" position. Our drafted dude., Frank Summers, still has a lot to learn but has shown promise. However, we have an undrafted dude, Isaac Redman, who has shown a good bit of energy and we also have a TE/H-back/Fullback kinda guy, Dave Johnson, who is a 6'2, 270-lb beast that loves to hit, has great hands, and has shown the willingness (and the ability - has stood up both Woodley and Harrison on bull rushes) to be extremely physical and block like his life depended on it

also, KR/PR seems to be pretty well covered now as Stefan Logan, Mike Wallace and Joe Burnett have all flashed great speed and ability in camp.

of course...that's camp. Let's hope it carries over to regular season.

Pern
08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
The talent and depth of this team compared to the team post 2006 Super Bowl is on whole another level. After the first SB run, we had guys retiring, players too young, and a Head Coach on his way out mentally.

Now it's all coming together, right now.

And that's AFTER winning 2 Super Bowls.

Hang on for this ride, I know I will.

kethnaab
08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
yup. the future is looking good

DAVEZILLA
08-10-2009, 08:07 AM
The talent and depth of this team compared to the team post 2006 Super Bowl is on whole another level. After the first SB run, we had guys retiring, players too young, and a Head Coach on his way out mentally.

Now it's all coming together, right now.

And that's AFTER winning 2 Super Bowls.

Hang on for this ride, I know I will.

agreed...coupled with the fact the schedule is not as brutal as it was a year ago...it could be a very prosperous season...:D

99oc
08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Has anyone been reading what they've been saying about Right Tackle Willie Colon? Bruce Arians called him one of the best at his position in the league. Though Arians has been known to say stupid things, I seem to recall reading that he was having a pretty good camp so far...

BigVic5
09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
This is it!!! Football season is just 3 days away and I can't just wait!!! Already got my Steelers flags hanging on my cars, got new jerseys and got wife new Steelers t-shirt, got the burgers ready, bought the TV last year but now I got the complete surround system installed...it's going to be great and can't wait!!!
Pittsburgh has one of the easiest schedules this season and can easily go 13-3....is it me or do I smell #7?? We need to win this year to be a dynasty....
lastly...what do you think the final score will be this Thursday Steelers-Titans game?? my prediction is:
Titans 17
Steelers 34

here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

ShayThor1989
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Holy ****, how did I miss this thread. Steelers nation ftw.

kethnaab
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
well, our starting lineup is looking set. I am NOT in favor of us allowing Ra'shon Harris to hit waivers as he ended up getting snatched by Carolina Panthers

snwdevl10
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Rashard gets worked into the offense and how much Sweed can contribute. I haven't been able to catch much preseason, how are these guys lookin?

ShayThor1989
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Lookin solid in the preseason but I just can't ****ing wait until Thursday.

kethnaab
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Mendy is still a big question mark. He shows flashes of potential, but he's still learning how to be an NFL running back. The frustrating part is that he's 225 of rock solid muscle but he runs like Willie parker. He does have extremely good hands, so once he develops his blocking and his toughness, he'll be good.

Sweed has been playing great. He has an incredible ability to get open and get separation and he makes the really tough catches seem easy. it's just that he still sometimes has lapses in concentration and makes the easy catches look tough. Between him and Mike Wallace, the Steelers have a pair of burner deep threats that make running out of a 4-wide a really serious possibility because that type of spread offense is what Mendenhall is used to running.

Misctify
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh hai guise.

Srs Thread
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
im real excited to have a punter, long snapper, and a burner returning the ball.

i am also interested in seeing how mendy and wallace contribute.

ziggy is gonna blow up in the next few years...

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO (bringing my terrible towel to work)

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
yes, I am stoked beyond belief.

chargerfn909
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
yes, I am stoked beyond belief.

You ready Keth... This is my first year around these forums for football season. I remember the FIRST little debate I got into with you in regards to your linebacking corps vs ours. The time is almost here brother!! haha I can't wait.

Stillers-- Good luck tomorrow night, hope to see a good smash mouth, INJURY FREE game!!!!

FormulaLT1poweR
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
here we go

Misctify
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
here we go

My hat > your hat.

thegenerel
09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
not only do the offense and defense looked BETTER but our special teams will be huge in field position. tack on 10+ yards for each punt and Logan getting 10+ on each KO return and a few yards on each PR.

those yards will add up like crazy.

plus i just finished my main ffb league draft and i did quite well! i never reach for steelers and Ben fell into my lap, so im excited. i took a flyer on Mendy with my 15th rd pick so lets hope he brings the team (and me) value!

btw, i ended up with:
std scoring, 12 team, keep two, 8th pick
Ben, Garrard
Turner, Forte, D Ward, L Washington, Mendy
Wayne, Colston, Avery, Josh Morgan, Schilens (put on IR)
Gates, Zach Miller (he kept falling, so i took him)
Kaeding
Packers

with Schilens on IR i put in a claim for James Davis, and I doubt anyone wants him considering ESPN projects him to get ZERO points

thegenerel
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
You ready Keth... This is my first year around these forums for football season. I remember the FIRST little debate I got into with you in regards to your linebacking corps vs ours. The time is almost here brother!! haha I can't wait.

Stillers-- Good luck tomorrow night, hope to see a good smash mouth, INJURY FREE game!!!!

too bad there is no debate.

chargerfn909
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM

Nobody invited your ass into the convo. By the year end we can talk.

FormulaLT1poweR
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM

There isn't a discussion.

In B4 Tila gets beat up again.

thegenerel
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM

too bad this is a Steeler fan thread, joke.

chargerfn909
09-09-2009, 09:41 PM

Merriman/Phillips/English/Cooper/Burnett vs Harrison/Woodley/Timmons/Farrior.. Its def not a LAND slide.. Burnett is going to do us well and I think Larry will do JUST fine for a rookie.

chargerfn909
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
too bad this is a Steeler fan thread, joke.

And I was being cool by saying hope to see a good INJURY free game tomorrow (that was directed to all you guys).. The other thing was directed to Keth, hence the reason I said Keth, .......

Pern
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Merriman/Phillips/English/Cooper/Burnett vs Harrison/Woodley/Timmons/Farrior.. Its def not a LAND slide.. Burnett is going to do us well and I think Larry will do JUST fine for a rookie.

Honestly, it's not even close, and that's with not taking anything away from the Chargers corps.

You can add Keyaron Fox to the Steelers list. You'll hear his name soon enough. With him and Timmons coming onto the scene, I'm sure we'll see comments from around the league about how many more LB's can Pittsburgh have with Woodley and Harrison already there (i.e. not fair).

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 09:57 PM

amen to all of that. 34-13 Steelers over the Tennessee Tits!

here we go

My hat > your hat.

I gotta take a picture with my hat.

(my hat) > (Formula1 + Misctify)

http://members.airsoftcanada.com/digital_assasin/Forum%20Stuff/Misc/oh_snap.gif

not only do the offense and defense looked BETTER but our special teams will be huge in field position. tack on 10+ yards for each punt and Logan getting 10+ on each KO return and a few yards on each PR.

so we got a healthy Sep back, who si BOOMING **** like the ball has helium in it, and we have the TurboBuggy (my personal nickname for Stefan Logan)

holeeee ****.

I will say this. Starks and Kemo LOOK LIKE ABSOLUTE ****. Essex and Colon are definitely showing some solid game to them, which makes me smile. I like us picking up the Big Legursky, who, with the extension of Hartwig, is obviously being groomed to take over for Kemo, because Kemo sucks horribly. Too slow and too fat and too stupid. He's the one that got abused last season by the Tits.

plus i just finished my main ffb league draft and i did quite well! i never reach for steelers and Ben fell into my lap, so im excited. i took a flyer on Mendy with my 15th rd pick so lets hope he brings the team (and me) value!

btw, i ended up with:
std scoring, 12 team, keep two, 8th pick
Ben, Garrard
Turner, Forte, D Ward, L Washington, Mendy
Wayne, Colston, Avery, Josh Morgan, Schilens (put on IR)
Gates, Zach Miller (he kept falling, so i took him)
Kaeding
Packers

with Schilens on IR i put in a claim for James Davis, and I doubt anyone wants him considering ESPN projects him to get ZERO points

I avoid Steelers in fantasy football because it's too painful if they don't do well. Besides, we're not a big "fantasy" style team. The winners of the Super Bowl rarely are.

that being said, I FRICKIN' LOVE your RBs. Wow. How the hell did you get Turner AND Forte? I also love Wayne and Colston, and then Gates and Miller? Christ. How the hell is that a 12-team league?

There isn't a discussion.

In B4 Tila gets beat up again.

I laughed. chargersfan, welcome to the Steelers thread. Understand that "out there", I am a reasonable, well-mannered, open-minded fellow. In here? I'm a total homer. :D

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM

well, I'll entertain this for a moment.

Merriman, when healthy and unsuspended, is as good of a pass rusher as Harrison. He's nowhere near the run stopper though, as evidenced by Harrison's 2 consecutive seasons > 100 tackles, whereas Merriman has yet to break 70.

Cooper <<<< Farrior. I like Cooper. A lot. Farrior is simply the smarter, more experienced version of Cooper.

Phillips is an OLB who will hold English out of the lineup for awhile. Burnett + Dobbins = very average

now, where you get completely steamrolled is in the Woodley vs. English category. Woodley is ALREADY one of the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/Woodley-Campbell.gif

OUCH!

It's a landslide. Merriman is one of the 4 best pass rushing OLB. Problem is, Steelers have 2 of the other 3. :)

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Honestly, it's not even close, and that's with not taking anything away from the Chargers corps.

You can add Keyaron Fox to the Steelers list. You'll hear his name soon enough. With him and Timmons coming onto the scene, I'm sure we'll see comments from around the league about how many more LB's can Pittsburgh have with Woodley and Harrison already there (i.e. not fair).

Keyaron Fox's presence allows us to slide Timmons into the OLB position if either Woodley or Deebo get hurt

Fox's problem is that he is NOT a coverage LB, he's a thumper, whereas Timmons is an absolute beast in coverage.

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/media1at.gif

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/steelers-8.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers_Hess_1024.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/steel-1.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/thpittsburgh-steelers_mean.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/buttheadsteelers.png

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/homer12.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/steelers-10.jpg

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Ladies??

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/other%20Stilerz/STEELERS-9.gif

Why yes, funny you should ask, I do believe I AM ready for some football!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/other%20Stilerz/2697722970_f315177df1.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/other%20Stilerz/steelers_girl1.jpg

indeed?

and how about you, ma'am?

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/other%20Stilerz/steelerboobs.gif

INDEED! IT IS TIME FOR STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!!

TAKE THAT!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/himesslamsrivers.gif

AND THAT!!!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/SteelerSlams.gif

AND SOME OF THIS!!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/Woodley-Campbell.gif

AND A WHOLE LOTTA THIS!!!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/harrison2.gif

OH HELL YEAH, STAIRWAY TO SEVEN IN 2009!!!!!

chargerfn909
09-09-2009, 10:15 PM
well, I'll entertain this for a moment.

Merriman, when healthy and unsuspended, is as good of a pass rusher as Harrison. He's nowhere near the run stopper though, as evidenced by Harrison's 2 consecutive seasons > 100 tackles, whereas Merriman has yet to break 70.

Cooper <<<< Farrior. I like Cooper. A lot. Farrior is simply the smarter, more experienced version of Cooper.

Phillips is an OLB who will hold English out of the lineup for awhile. Burnett + Dobbins = very average

now, where you get completely steamrolled is in the Woodley vs. English category. Woodley is ALREADY one of the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

OUCH!

It's a landslide. Merriman is one of the 4 best pass rushing OLB. Problem is, Steelers have 2 of the other 3. :)

lol I started to comment and realized you edited it... I was gonna say Timmons is an ILB, Phillips is outside and dunno how he's bigger or stronger when Timmons is 6'1'' 230 and Shaun Phillips is 6'3'' 262... Also Burnett is starting with Cooper inside. Burnett is a SLEEPER man, mark my words. He's 6'3'' 240 and FAST. He will make his mark... However, like the lsat time we discussed this I ended it with "Lets see what happens this year". For me to even COMPARE our LB corps to the Steelers is huge. Now its time we take it to the next level :)

OH and Woodley IS established. But you can't count Larry out, especially with 95 AND 56 on the field. Time will tell my brother :)

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
time will tell.

I am not convinced that the Bolts grabbed English to replace Phillips either. I have a feeling he may end up replacing Merriman next season.

Something to keep in mind regarding English...not only does he have to compare to the Woodley beast's regular season production, Lamarr Woodley has NEVER had a postseason game in which he had LESS than 2 sacks.

Look it up my man. 2 sacks, EVERY POSTSEASON GAME, including the Super Bowl. I did an extrapolation, and if his regular season production could match his 2 seasons of postseason production, he'd have almost 100 tackles and over 30 sacks.

sick.

Merriman in 2006 was one of the most impressive 3-4 OLBs I've ever seen, but Harrison is the best all-around OLB since THE LT.

it's going to be a long, glorious, beautiful season.

at least YOU have the benefit of 6 games against doormats. You get 6 bye-week victories, we only get 4.

good luck this season (but not too much luck)

and oh yeah, tell Rivers to watch his blindside. 92 has a wicked strip-swat. ;)

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
outstanding website for Steelers videos. This dude does a nice job

http://www.steelersal.com/steelervideos.htm

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
MwYgezkkIoc

trek_6k
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Loving the posts, kethnaab. How you watching the games from Iraq?

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
internet streams that i download.

theACEofSPADES
09-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Merriman in 2006 was one of the most impressive 3-4 OLBs I've ever seen, but Harrison is the best all-around OLB since THE LT.

Harrison has only had one spectacular year. I dont think we should be comparing him to LT

kethnaab
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Harrison has only had one spectacular year. I dont think we should be comparing him to LT

1 excellent season, 1 outstanding season in 2 years as a starter.

not comparing him to LT overall, just making reference to how dominant he was over the past 2 seasons

Is he LT? Oh hell no. But it's rare to find a 3-4 pass rushing OLB who is as good at stopping the run as Harrison is. Guys like Kevin Greene and Derrick Thomas were fantastic pass rushers, but they were decidedly less interested to stopping the run.

thegenerel
09-10-2009, 05:54 AM
I will say this. Starks and Kemo LOOK LIKE ABSOLUTE ****. Essex and Colon are definitely showing some solid game to them, which makes me smile. I like us picking up the Big Legursky, who, with the extension of Hartwig, is obviously being groomed to take over for Kemo, because Kemo sucks horribly. Too slow and too fat and too stupid. He's the one that got abused last season by the Tits.

I avoid Steelers in fantasy football because it's too painful if they don't do well. Besides, we're not a big "fantasy" style team. The winners of the Super Bowl rarely are.

that being said, I FRICKIN' LOVE your RBs. Wow. How the hell did you get Turner AND Forte? I also love Wayne and Colston, and then Gates and Miller? Christ. How the hell is that a 12-team league?

1) the line. oh man. Colon has been killing me though. he keeps trying to line up in the backfield!

2) i had Turner and Forte as keepers from last year. that is the only way i was able to pull that one off. Mind you my actual 1 and 2 were the RBs, but those rds didnt 'occur'. I got Wayne/Colston with my 1 and 2. Gates three, D Ward 4, and I was the last without a QB and I had been so for about 1.5 rds so far, Ben was there and I grabbed him. I didnt feel like running the chance of people starting with backups already.

mm55
09-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Good luck to the stillerz tonight (my AFC team). Have won 6 straight openers, not good odds for tennessee. Plus I have Big Ben and stillerz D on my fantasy team :D

chargerfn909
09-10-2009, 07:47 AM
time will tell.

I am not convinced that the Bolts grabbed English to replace Phillips either. I have a feeling he may end up replacing Merriman next season.

Something to keep in mind regarding English...not only does he have to compare to the Woodley beast's regular season production, Lamarr Woodley has NEVER had a postseason game in which he had LESS than 2 sacks.

Look it up my man. 2 sacks, EVERY POSTSEASON GAME, including the Super Bowl. I did an extrapolation, and if his regular season production could match his 2 seasons of postseason production, he'd have almost 100 tackles and over 30 sacks.

sick.

it's going to be a long, glorious, beautiful season.

at least YOU have the benefit of 6 games against doormats. You get 6 bye-week victories, we only get 4.

good luck this season (but not too much luck)

and oh yeah, tell Rivers to watch his blindside. 92 has a wicked strip-swat. ;)

Haha fair enough!! Though our schedule (outside our division) is pretty rugid. We have NFC East and your guys' division, which is half-decent (literally, 2 of the 4 teams are really good, other 2 are mediocre at best)..We have to travel to You guys, To the Giants, To the Cowboys, To the Titans... Thats no easy road schedule.. Plus host the Fins/Ravens/Eagles/SKins

DAVEZILLA
09-10-2009, 10:08 AM
so are the hater's going to hate again this season??...lol

thegenerel
09-10-2009, 10:44 AM
so are the hater's going to hate again this season??...lol

well Patriot fans still think they are the most envied franchise in NFL history haha

FormulaLT1poweR
09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
VD4Yi7r8xDE

Almost game time boys...get the blood flowing!!

thegenerel
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
NFL Network has Rod Woodson, my first "favorite" Steeler, doing pregame.

I was devastated when he left

Srs Thread
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
just bought a rocky blier jersey.....

brb being 1-0

thegenerel
09-11-2009, 06:06 AM
just bought a rocky blier jersey.....

brb being 1-0

where?

Misctify
09-11-2009, 06:46 AM
What's the word on Polamalu?

DoubtErased
09-11-2009, 06:52 AM
What's the word on Polamalu?

3-6 weeks I believe

thegenerel
09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
3-6 weeks I believe

3-6

so 21-42 days

and the steelers have 10 days until Deebo kickstarts Cutler's insulin production.

Pern
09-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Well with Troy out, this is where Timmons is more valuable than Keyaron Fox, with his ability to cover the field. Hopefully he's back next week.

thegenerel
09-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Well with Troy out, this is where Timmons is more valuable than Keyaron Fox, with his ability to cover the field. Hopefully he's back next week.

brb knocking off Cutler's secondary chin

Srs Thread
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
where?

from the steelers bar we always go to in north houston.

face value is $385....

(got it for an insanely good price)

DoubtErased
09-11-2009, 08:45 AM
from the steelers bar we always go to in north houston.

face value is $385....

(got it for an insanely good price)

Nice!

I have an throwback Greenwood Jersey that is signed.

DAVEZILLA
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
3-6 weeks I believe

damn...well I guess it could've been worse...

snwdevl10
09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Fkin Jeff Reed :(

BigVic5
09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I still can't believe Reed missed two field goals...so freaking easy for any kicker!! I understand that the field was wet because of the rain, but it wasn't like a 50 yrd attempts, it wasn't windy at all, etc...still can't believe it! I guess I can't be that mad at Reed since he helped us win our first game...so I guess we are even!
Another thing, I really learned how important Polamalu is on the field....there were a couple of plays that I know for sure they would've been stopped if Polamalu was there....oh well, get ready for the Bengals next week!

Srs Thread
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
i dont blame reed. he made a mistake (a big one, yes). i dont remember him ever LOSING a game for us, but i remember him winning many. he will bounce back and glad he got this out of his system.

i felt really bad for him.

side note my rocky bleier jersey i just bought got a lot of love from the steelers locals in houston.

thegenerel
09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
no way was this jeff reeds fault. the bears couldve scored and won 21-20

tyrone carter takes more blame, santonio with his drops (too bad tillman held and faceguarded him), the defense for going soft...

snwdevl10
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
i dont blame reed. he made a mistake (a big one, yes). i dont remember him ever LOSING a game for us, but i remember him winning many. he will bounce back and glad he got this out of his system.

i felt really bad for him.

side note my rocky bleier jersey i just bought got a lot of love from the steelers locals in houston.

Yea he has came through wayyy more times than I can count...just sucks he had a couple chances to put us up and couldn't do it.

& yea general I was disappoint with our D for the most part, couldn't really get any pressure on Cutler.

Sean_A_Nitro
09-22-2009, 04:43 PM
So hard to get mad at Reed, hes ALWAYS clutch. This team isnt the same without Troy. Even the Bengals wont be easy.

HardcoreFitness
09-22-2009, 06:35 PM
So hard to get mad at Reed, hes ALWAYS clutch. This team isnt the same without Troy. Even the Bengals wont be easy.
sad but true

Misctify
09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
The 49ers have a better record than us. Da **** man.

BigVic5
09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't believe my freakin' eyes!!!! wtf is going on?? someone please explain!!!! we were winning 20-9 in the last quarter and all the sudden, they let them scored 14 pts!!???? this type of things make my blood pressure to get jacked up!!! I need a break from football....

Misctify
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Da ****

quietstormx1
09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
how many of you are like this right now

http://i34.tinypic.com/zmfqed.jpg

ossumday1
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
They are making me sick right now this is ridiculous

Misctify
09-27-2009, 05:16 PM

I feel like this.

http://i34.tinypic.com/10gmo7t.gif

BigVic5
09-27-2009, 05:17 PM

I am!!!!!!!

quietstormx1
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I feel like this.

http://i34.tinypic.com/10gmo7t.gif

lawl u mad brah?

Misctify
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
lawl u mad brah?

Didn't actually neg you.

But to answer your question, yes. But it's cool cause I'm buzzing pretty good right now. :)

Ruger357
09-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, pissed this one the fck away. Don't know if I'm more pissed at the Ben int. or the Sweed dropped ball. I guess it would be Sweed at this point. Although I would like to know why Mendenhall wasn't played. Parker did great in the 1st half but the Bengals pretty much shut him down the second half.

Damn I hate Limas Sweed.

thegenerel
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
i cant take it. i knew i shouldve ignored the forums but my anger would not deny my eyes. i must neg everyone.

limas sweed does its so well 99% of the way then screws up the last 1%

BigVic5
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I am not happy with our defense....that's what pisses me off the most....two times the Bengals were facing 4th down on their last drive and they converted!!!! I am extremely dissapointed at our defense!!....last year, if Pittsburgh would get a 10 pts lead, that game pretty much was won by us...our defense stopped every team! this year, the Bears came from behind and won and so did the Bengals....we could easily be 0-3 if it was not for that OT win at season opener (which thanks to H.Ward, almost lost)....
sorry but the Steelers have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year and I had pictured them 8-0 the first games but I guess I was dead wrong!!

BigVic5
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
two things i never thought i would say: i'm very proud of the way our offensive line played and i am ashamed at the steelers defense!! the line protected big ben most of the game and gave him time (the times he was sacked, i blamed ben for holding the ball for too long), also the line gave some good holes to that rookie RB, which he did great tonight!
back to the defense... 21 pts in the 4th qt??? leading 28-0 and let the game to be 35-28?? that only happens playing madden!!!! this defense needs to get it together...

trek_6k
10-15-2009, 05:38 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUU another blow to the defense with Aaron Smith gone for the season. I love that goofy looking bastard.. just wish that he could stay healthy.

thegenerel
10-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, pissed this one the fck away. Don't know if I'm more pissed at the Ben int. or the Sweed dropped ball. I guess it would be Sweed at this point. Although I would like to know why Mendenhall wasn't played. Parker did great in the 1st half but the Bengals pretty much shut him down the second half.

Damn I hate Limas Sweed.

if willie was smart, he would have taken himself out of the game. he could barely run due to turf toe :(

thegenerel
10-15-2009, 07:51 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUU another blow to the defense with Aaron Smith gone for the season. I love that goofy looking bastard.. just wish that he could stay healthy.

i know, its a huge loss.

you know what that means?

watch out.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zJI-zH4BGVs/SRxa0Ig9z2I/AAAAAAAAAFc/0zwqrH8h7sU/s400/ziggyblog.JPG

thegenerel
10-15-2009, 07:58 AM
another thing to consider is Sonny Harris. he just missed making the team (they didnt want 2 rookies and 1 vet as backups) and the Panthers were paying him just below league minimum to be on the practice squad.

he could be a future contributer!

Big7Ben86
10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
in all honesty, if Polamalu comes back and we play as good as last year, we are still the best D even without Smith. I wouldnt ride us out because of him. Especially with the way Ben is playing

Pern
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
i know, its a huge loss.

you know what that means?

watch out.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zJI-zH4BGVs/SRxa0Ig9z2I/AAAAAAAAAFc/0zwqrH8h7sU/s400/ziggyblog.JPG

Yeah but Steelers hate playing rookies for the most part. Woodley could of been a pro bowler his first year, but they chose to "honor" Clark Haggans.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tommy Maddox played for 2 more seasons (if he didn't get injured week 2) before Ben even got on the field. Insert 0 Super Bowls.

Something about respecting their veterans. It took Willie Parker going down last year, and Mendenhall, for them to figure out why they paid Mewelde Moore.

Steelers never have been good at "gameday" decisions.

Let's see what they do with Hood. I'm sure it'll take Kirschke and Eason going down before he gets the majority of the reps.

BigVic5
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Welcome to Pittsburgh Brett!!! I just knew we would win that game, I just knew it.... Offensively we didn't play as well but defensively we were unstoppable!!! The Vikings had a 1st and goal at the one yard and they had to settle for a field goal!! Awesome game and next we got the broncos to beat next game in two weeks!! Go Steelers!

Srs Thread
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
this was such a long weekend with the bye.

too bad those filthy birds out of baltimore stomped the broncos... oh well, we get a change to smoke them next week

kethnaab
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
traveling to Denver worries me. We always have a helluva time there.

snwdevl10
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Here we go guys...took off from work early tonight to catch this

TAWS6
11-09-2009, 06:40 PM
steelers its time to expose the broncos.

DoubtErased
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Hells Yes! Maybe Jaws will STFU about Orton for awhile now

chargerfn909
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Hells Yes! Maybe Jaws will STFU about Orton for awhile now

lmao amen!! needed that one, they were driving almost at free wil. That should slow down throatbeard and co.

DoubtErased
11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
lmao amen!! needed that one, they were driving almost at free wil. That should slow down throatbeard and co.

Loving to see all that black and gold at the broncos stadium

Man Troy P has come awesome closing speed

chargerfn909
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Loving to see all that black and gold at the broncos stadium

Man Troy P has come awesome closing speed

Just pointed that out to my wife...God damn Troy is sooo good, to think we passed up on him for Sammy Davis makes me sick.

DoubtErased
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
in b4 KC bitches about that call

man I was about to get pissed if that holding wasnt called

chargerfn909
11-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Incredible how legit the Denver D is this year..last year it was p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c

DoubtErased
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Incredible how legit the Denver D is this year..last year it was p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c

I am trying to figure out how Ravens put up so many points on them. Our offense needs to get going

snwdevl10
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Fck yea guys we dominated the second half!

Mendenhall looked awesome tonight

TAWS6
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
good win guys.

lookin scary.

chargerfn909
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
GJDM Steelers. Appreciate dat' :)

The_Source
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
GJDM Steelers. Appreciate dat' :)

haha agreed. Heres tribute to you damn Steelers :D
mk1OrZoAsA8

BigVic5
11-10-2009, 07:10 AM
awesome win!!! loved the way they played....i don't know if you guys noticed this but the broncos were held to 1 rushing yard in the second half!!! even though Big Ben got sacked twice i think, i believe he was very well protected by the o-line....he had lots of time in the pocket to throw and he made them pay!!
next week we will get control of the afc north by beating the bengals!

DAVEZILLA
11-10-2009, 07:21 AM
traveling to Denver worries me. We always have a helluva time there.

yeah...we had a helluva good time...:D

TheJuggernaut85
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Ever noticed that the Steelers are definitely a 2nd Half team? I remember last it was like biting nails first half of all the playoffs and then like bam and we would kick some ass. They need to stop that, I cant take it, just win the whole time lol.

Srs Thread
11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
denvers man-to-man is a lot scarier than i thought... just sayin

DanTheManB
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Ever noticed that the Steelers are definitely a 2nd Half team? I remember last it was like biting nails first half of all the playoffs and then like bam and we would kick some ass. They need to stop that, I cant take it, just win the whole time lol.

seriosuly haha. last year's D was so f'ing dominant though it was just the offense who was making games close...they're more balanced this year but last year's D was the most fun I've ever had watching a defense play for sure. (I'm not old enough to have seen the steel curtain though i do have a ton of full games on dvd and vhs from back then)

thegenerel
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
zpY4k0yT0qo

Pern
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM

Yeah people have been complaining about that for years, with Arians not opening up until they are forced to do so, proving that they can do it early on, but for some reason don't.

This has been changing recently though. And definitely not a consistent approach like it use to be.

The Steelers are now becoming a less predictable Offense.

TheJuggernaut85
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah people have been complaining about that for years, with Arians not opening up until they are forced to do so, proving that they can do it early on, but for some reason don't.

This has been changing recently though. And definitely not a consistent approach like it use to be.

The Steelers are now becoming a less predictable Offense.

Yeah, and their main weakness seems to be their O line like last year, it is getting better thought. But it seems like once a team dials on in on the line they can beat them everytime and Rothlisberger gets hurried.

YolkedBrah
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
In on Steelers thread . . . again.

xJustin
11-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Smashing some good teams recently, lookin good Steelers!!

thegenerel
11-16-2009, 08:51 AM
well this sucked...

i think of it like this - the bengals are like a caged monkey in someone's home, and eventually that monkey will get out and rip a few faces off but that doesnt change the fact that the monkey plays with poop...and that it will eventually go back in the cage for good or be euthanized.

Srs Thread
11-16-2009, 09:56 AM
the bengals are looking much better than i thought they were.

this was the worst game we played all season. dispite being down only 6 points, it felt likew e lost by about 20. this was one of the only games i wasnt confident in big ben leading us down field to win. our offensive line was atrocious (and their Dline was great)

BigVic5
11-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I don't have words to describe yesterday's game...horrible!! I think our special team has hurt our hopes to get a back-to-back SB...our defense is pretty bad (not even close to last year's defense) running game is not consistant and do I have to say something about the offensive line? now with Big Ben joining Polamalu in the injury list, our playoffs chances are very slim....playing the Ravens next week, not looking good for us

kethnaab
11-23-2009, 06:50 AM
hopefully Bruce Arians will be unemployed or at least out of Pittsburgh's hair by next season

thegenerel
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
hopefully Bruce Arians will be unemployed or at least out of Pittsburgh's hair by next season

Arians is getting to the point where there is no debate if he should be on the staff next season. The only good thing he has done is implement 3 Wides with Hines, Tone, and Wallace

other than that he sucks

worst coach on the staff:

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/02/01/12/07_Ligashesky_Bob_80x111_73608.jpg

Srs Thread
11-23-2009, 08:25 AM

this

this

and THESE

DoubtErased
11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
This **** sucks

First we lose to the Bengals and a childhood friend of mine runs that kickoff return back for the TD Ouch

Then we lose to the Chiefs, Ben gets hurt then Batch is out now. WTF

thegenerel
11-23-2009, 10:58 AM
This **** sucks

First we lose to the Bengals and a childhood friend of mine runs that kickoff return back for the TD Ouch

Then we lose to the Chiefs, Ben gets hurt then Batch is out now. WTF

might be time to shank a friend

*DH*
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Still not over yet. Yeah, we've got a ton of injuries, but I still have faith that we're going to make the playoffs. If not, then make a good pick up in the draft.

thegenerel
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Still not over yet. Yeah, we've got a ton of injuries, but I still have faith that we're going to make the playoffs. If not, then make a good pick up in the draft.

wtf?!?!

you are also a Bears, Jets, and Saints fan

gtfo!

BigVic5
11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
the Steelers will need more than your faith....I just learned about C. Batch being done for the season with a wrist injury...I know Ben is not going this Sunday and that will leave a no name QB to take on this struggling team...against the Ravens!
I believe that Pittsburgh can only lose ONE more game out the remaining games in order to get a wild card spot (unless C.Palmer gets injured and the Bengals lose 3 or more games, that way we would have a chance to get the division title)...our schedule is not that bad but since we lost to the Bengals twice, the Bears and the Chiefs then we never know what the outcome will be....

thegenerel
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
the Steelers will need more than your faith....I just learned about C. Batch being done for the season with a wrist injury...I know Ben is not going this Sunday and that will leave a no name QB to take on this struggling team...against the Ravens!
I believe that Pittsburgh can only lose ONE more game out the remaining games in order to get a wild card spot (unless C.Palmer gets injured and the Bengals lose 3 or more games, that way we would have a chance to get the division title)...our schedule is not that bad but since we lost to the Bengals twice, the Bears and the Chiefs then we never know what the outcome will be....

nothing is known about Ben today. he was at the team facility and seemed fine though (according to reports)

BigVic5
11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
nothing is known about Ben today. he was at the team facility and seemed fine though (according to reports)

NFL.com just posted that Ben is ok and he is expected to play Sunday....so let's see...

*DH*
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
wtf?!?!

you are also a Bears, Jets, and Saints fan

gtfo!

No I'm not. I've supported the Bears because I lived in Chicago for 5 years. I just recently got into the NFL and the Jets and Saints were two teams I was considering, but the Steelers were actually the very first team I ever liked. So think what you want, I honestly don't care. Just informing you the truth.

thegenerel
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
No I'm not. I've supported the Bears because I lived in Chicago for 5 years. I just recently got into the NFL and the Jets and Saints were two teams I was considering, but the Steelers were actually the very first team I ever liked. So think what you want, I honestly don't care. Just informing you the truth.

two weeks ago you were talking up the Saints

Srs Thread
11-24-2009, 07:46 AM

GTFO of this thread plz.

*DH*
11-24-2009, 01:14 PM
two weeks ago you were talking up the Saints

I was considering the Saints. Did you not read the post?

GTFO of this thread plz.

Only if you keep your mouth away from my dick.

Srs Thread
11-24-2009, 01:32 PM
I was considering the Saints. Did you not read the post?

Only if you keep your mouth away from my dick.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=413820021&postcount=1

Sean_A_Nitro
11-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Ben should be good to go this weekend, otherwise I've heard names like

http://lloydvance.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/garcia.jpg

http://www.projo.com/photos/20071222/sp1222_lemon_new_bw_12-22-07_IT8C050.jpg

But if not its gonna be...................

http://steelersmill.com/files/2009/06/dennis-dixon.jpg

O Lawd

*DH*
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=413820021&postcount=1

...and your point is?

No matter what people on the internet say, I'm a Steelers fan..been one since elementary school, but I stopped watching football all together, and recently got into it. Like it or not, it won't change lol. So you're wasting your time, son.

thegenerel
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
...and your point is?

No matter what people on the internet say, I'm a Steelers fan..been one since elementary school, but I stopped watching football all together, and recently got into it. Like it or not, it won't change lol. So you're wasting your time, son.

for you being such a diehard, you really fell off the wagon as of late

Big7Ben86
11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
wildcat formation dennis dixon willie parker mike wallace?

damn just need randle el

Srs Thread
11-24-2009, 03:16 PM
i didnt even know they had electricity in north dakota

snwdevl10
11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I was a huge Dixon fan when he was at Oregon, but I heard today Ben is preparing to play and should unless he starts feeling worse.

Games vs the Ravens are tough as is and with both teams fighting for their playoff lives at this point it's gonna crazy

BigVic5
11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
this doesn't make sense to me...Big Ben DID suffer a concussion last sunday! that's his 4th (motorcycle accident, vs the Falcons in 06 and last year vs the Browns)... I don't know about you but the Ravens are as physical as we are (hard hitting) and I have the feeling this sunday Big Ben will go down again (hopefully not)... I know the season is on jeopardy now on but I think they should rest him for this sunday game...

thegenerel
11-25-2009, 08:22 AM
wildcat formation dennis dixon willie parker mike wallace?

damn just need randle el

FWP is shot. Mendenhall should only be getting more carries, not less.

I was a huge Dixon fan when he was at Oregon, but I heard today Ben is preparing to play and should unless he starts feeling worse.

Games vs the Ravens are tough as is and with both teams fighting for their playoff lives at this point it's gonna crazy

Ben is good to go

this doesn't make sense to me...Big Ben DID suffer a concussion last sunday! that's his 4th (motorcycle accident, vs the Falcons in 06 and last year vs the Browns)... I don't know about you but the Ravens are as physical as we are (hard hitting) and I have the feeling this sunday Big Ben will go down again (hopefully not)... I know the season is on jeopardy now on but I think they should rest him for this sunday game...

apparently its was quite mild, and Ben was fine the next day

BigVic5
11-28-2009, 11:43 AM
FWP is shot. Mendenhall should only be getting more carries, not less.

Ben is good to go

apparently its was quite mild, and Ben was fine the next day

well, apparently is not that mild...just found out Ben will sit out and Dixon will start this Sunday... copied and pasted from nfl.com below:

Roethlisberger out vs. Ravens

Posted: November 28th, 2009 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers, Week 12 injuries

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will not play Sunday vs. the Ravens after suffering a concussion last week, according to a league source.

League sources told me on Friday that Roethlisberger was considering sitting out this week, out of fear of taking additional blows to the head. Roethlisberger experienced some slight headaches recently and though he wanted to play all week, he will not given the severity of head injuries.

There is a small chance Roethlisberger could serve as an emergency quarterback, according to a source, although that looks remote at this point. A final decision on that will come 90 minutes before kickoff, but at this point all parties involved are planning on Roethlisberger not suiting up in any capacity.

The Steelers have followed all league measures regarding clearance for concussions and the Pro Bowler was cleared to practice all week.

thegenerel
11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
well, apparently is not that mild...just found out Ben will sit out and Dixon will start this Sunday... copied and pasted from nfl.com below:

Roethlisberger out vs. Ravens

Posted: November 28th, 2009 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers, Week 12 injuries

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will not play Sunday vs. the Ravens after suffering a concussion last week, according to a league source.

League sources told me on Friday that Roethlisberger was considering sitting out this week, out of fear of taking additional blows to the head. Roethlisberger experienced some slight headaches recently and though he wanted to play all week, he will not given the severity of head injuries.

There is a small chance Roethlisberger could serve as an emergency quarterback, according to a source, although that looks remote at this point. A final decision on that will come 90 minutes before kickoff, but at this point all parties involved are planning on Roethlisberger not suiting up in any capacity.

The Steelers have followed all league measures regarding clearance for concussions and the Pro Bowler was cleared to practice all week.

getting hit in the head again has nothing to do with the severity of the concussion. this is more a precautionary move than him being able to play. it would be a different story if this was the playoffs

Sean_A_Nitro
11-29-2009, 05:25 PM
C'mooooooon Dennis!

Ruger357
11-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm looking forward to Dixon starting. Like to see how he does in a real game, as opposed to preseason. **** looks bad for the Steelers right now anyway, 2 losses to the bungles and a loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl (Chiefs). Still in the hunt but they better get their **** together quick. All the weapons are there, plus an offensive line that's playing better than it has in years. Kind of points to a coaching issue.

thegenerel
11-30-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm looking forward to Dixon starting. Like to see how he does in a real game, as opposed to preseason. **** looks bad for the Steelers right now anyway, 2 losses to the bungles and a loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl (Chiefs). Still in the hunt but they better get their **** together quick. All the weapons are there, plus an offensive line that's playing better than it has in years. Kind of points to a coaching issue.

Bruce Arians & Bob Ligahursky (sp?)

no one is to blame really. what can you expect when a team is missing two elite players?

if Ben played, the Steelers would have won

BigVic5
12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
so, i got up this morning, turned my tv on and put espn and couldn't believe my eyes!! i didn't even know we were playing last night.. we lost to the browns also?? browns sacked Ben 8 times?? in the highlights on espn i saw 3 browns defenders vs the 5 idiots on the o-line and still Ben got sacked!! embarrasing... i stopped watching them since that lost to the Ravens because the season was pretty much over but then losing to the Raiders and Browns? im sorry but i am not used to see my team losing 5 games in a row; not to mention that Pittsburgh had the easiest schedule this season....oh well, we'll see next season!

xxtotuxx
12-11-2009, 06:44 AM
^ Most fans know when their team plays..

thegenerel
12-11-2009, 07:30 AM
so, i got up this morning, turned my tv on and put espn and couldn't believe my eyes!! i didn't even know we were playing last night.. we lost to the browns also?? browns sacked Ben 8 times?? in the highlights on espn i saw 3 browns defenders vs the 5 idiots on the o-line and still Ben got sacked!! embarrasing... i stopped watching them since that lost to the Ravens because the season was pretty much over but then losing to the Raiders and Browns? im sorry but i am not used to see my team losing 5 games in a row; not to mention that Pittsburgh had the easiest schedule this season....oh well, we'll see next season!

apparently you arent used to seeing them play at all