PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

snwdevl10
03-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Thought I'd bump this and say that Myron Cope will be missed and that we paid big ben alot of money. haha

Agreed on both.

What do you guys think we need to look for in the draft this year??

Trbovich12
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Agreed on both.

What do you guys think we need to look for in the draft this year??

I feel we should at least go after a taller WR in the later rounds but first round or 2 we need to pick up some O-Lineman.. Our line played pretty ****ty last year with Faneca so I expect it to be alot worse without him, so I say we pick up some more lineman

TheBigEasy007
03-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I feel we should at least go after a taller WR in the later rounds but first round or 2 we need to pick up some O-Lineman.. Our line played pretty ****ty last year with Faneca so I expect it to be alot worse without him, so I say we pick up some more lineman

Just dont take Ryan Clady.. panthers have him

FormulaLT1poweR
03-20-2008, 08:09 PM

As a Steelers fan...what is a taller WR going to do for us? A later round tall WR will ride the bench behind Nate Washington and contribute nothing. Hell Matt Spaeth our 2nd string TE is like 6'10...lets just use 2 TE, 2 (or 3) WR formations. Our main focus needs to be OL, DL and possibly CB.

No way a "later round taller WR" starts ahead of Nate Washington...let alone Holmes or Ward. I'd rather not waste the pick on another "project" and end up cutting him like we always do. See Dallas Baker last year...

Trbovich12
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
ya its just we dont get cedric anymore and we basically only have 3 wr's, but I agree we do need some OL,DL, and CB

snwdevl10
04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Well guys...almost our pick..

JJP11
04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
http://nbcsports.nbcunifiles.com/spts/files/nbcsports/cfb/Week%206%20Top%2025/RashardMendenhall_Illinois_.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41013000/jpg/_41013292_football.jpg

snwdevl10
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
http://nbcsports.nbcunifiles.com/spts/files/nbcsports/cfb/Week%206%20Top%2025/RashardMendenhall_Illinois_.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41013000/jpg/_41013292_football.jpg

The rashard pick surprised me a little but I like it considering the circumstances. Also happy with Sweed w/ our second pick.

Trbovich12
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM
The rashard pick surprised me a little but I like it considering the circumstances. Also happy with Sweed w/ our second pick.

AH This is a very good draft this year.

kethnaab
04-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Steelers Day 1 grade

Value - A+++
Needs filled - B-

No way do you pass up on Limas Sweed and Mendy at the draft positions they were picked. However, our most pressing need (DL) was left unaddressed

It should be interesting to see how much better Mendy fits into the offense than FWP, who never quite seemed to fit in.

As for Sweed, when Ben talks, the Steelers apparently answer. He asked for a big dude, he got the best WR in the entire draft who also happens to be as tall as Randy Moss.

Cant' complain about that. Should be a good year for Ben and Mendy. Apparently Tomlin thinks that there are a lot of draft prospects that are worthy through UFA drafting. Of course, the Steelers play a 3-4 with a defensive line emphasis on hole-clogging rather than playmaking, so there's no real reason they can't meet their needs without breaking the bank (see Aaron Smith). They DO need to address this issue, as their d-line is old, and we saw what happened when Smith went down. ZERO depth.

Not sure I like the Oregon Kordell part 2 experiment, I suppose it depends on how he is used.

snwdevl10
04-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Steelers Day 1 grade

Value - A+++
Needs filled - B-

No way do you pass up on Limas Sweed and Mendy at the draft positions they were picked. However, our most pressing need (DL) was left unaddressed

It should be interesting to see how much better Mendy fits into the offense than FWP, who never quite seemed to fit in.

As for Sweed, when Ben talks, the Steelers apparently answer. He asked for a big dude, he got the best WR in the entire draft who also happens to be as tall as Randy Moss.

Cant' complain about that. Should be a good year for Ben and Mendy. Apparently Tomlin thinks that there are a lot of draft prospects that are worthy through UFA drafting. Of course, the Steelers play a 3-4 with a defensive line emphasis on hole-clogging rather than playmaking, so there's no real reason they can't meet their needs without breaking the bank (see Aaron Smith). They DO need to address this issue, as their d-line is old, and we saw what happened when Smith went down. ZERO depth.

Not sure I like the Oregon Kordell part 2 experiment, I suppose it depends on how he is used.

I'm thinking maybe Randle El v2? I could see him as a wide out/gadget play type of guy..

Prezidential
04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice job landing Mendenhall guys; can't believe he slipped that far.

JJP11
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Steelers Day 1 grade

Value - A+++
Needs filled - B-

i think they are still counting on bringing in booger mcfarland once he can pass his physical. tomlin knows him from tampa bay and the two have probably talked about it.

kethnaab
06-27-2008, 10:21 PM
As a Steelers fan...what is a taller WR going to do for us? A later round tall WR will ride the bench behind Nate Washington and contribute nothing. Hell Matt Spaeth our 2nd string TE is like 6'10...lets just use 2 TE, 2 (or 3) WR formations. Our main focus needs to be OL, DL and possibly CB.

No way a "later round taller WR" starts ahead of Nate Washington...let alone Holmes or Ward. I'd rather not waste the pick on another "project" and end up cutting him like we always do. See Dallas Baker last year...

so Formula, you changed your mind on this one? Sweed doesn't look like a project, he looks like a ready-for-prime-time player!

Big7Ben86
06-27-2008, 10:24 PM
so Formula, you changed your mind on this one? Sweed doesn't look like a project, he looks like a ready-for-prime-time player!

sweed and holmes are gonna emerge into a great receiving duo, and i hope hines has a couple good years left in him

kethnaab
06-27-2008, 10:38 PM
we have the deep threat, the slot/possession receiver, and the big guy with athletic ability, and to top it off, we got the best RB in the draft.

the future's so bright I just gotta wear shades

BigVic5
06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
i'm still confused with the steelers focusing more on getting new WRs when clearly last year's biggest problem was the O-line. i haven't heard much on the team changes for now (been too busy) but last thing i heard was getting new WRs or something like new Linebackers?? our defense last year was good and so was the offense, not as good as the Patriots' but good enough to win the AFC North title.....my thing is, did we fix the O-line problem?? can someone give me good news on this???

Johnny Rotten
06-28-2008, 11:25 AM
i'm still confused with the steelers focusing more on getting new WRs when clearly last year's biggest problem was the O-line. i haven't heard much on the team changes for now (been too busy) but last thing i heard was getting new WRs or something like new Linebackers?? our defense last year was good and so was the offense, not as good as the Patriots' but good enough to win the AFC North title.....my thing is, did we fix the O-line problem?? can someone give me good news on this???

I think they're counting on a better running game and more quick options at receiver to make up for their poor pass protection.

kethnaab
06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
a lot of last year's O-line problems were caused by 2 issues

1) Sean Mahan failed at center (and I should say PHPHPHPHPHAAAAILED)
2) Injuries caused us to shuffle a lot of peeps around

I'd also say a 3rd factor caused our O-line to go downhill - Alan Faneca and his attitude. When the leader of a team decides he doesn't want to play on the team, that has an affect on everyone. Faneca sure as hell didn't play like a Pro Bowl'er who deserved a pissload of $$$, and he was one of the only guys who REFUSED to even consider trying another position to try to help out when we had injuries and had to shuffle.

Also note, Willie was leading the NFL in rushing, and it sure as heck wasn't beause he was breaking long runs. Our O-line was not as problematic as it seemed. People think our O-line and the Rams' O-line were both terrible, but injuries make a WORLD of difference.

I'm more concerned with the d-line to be honest. MVP of the defense? Aaron Smith, and it's not even close. Need proof? Steelers led the NFL in rushing defense up until Aaron Smith tears a biceps. He goes down, and all of a sudden, the Steelers give up 148YPG rushing after that.

We need our oafs back. I also think our young LB corps is going to help a lot.

Remember, we have a 3-4, so our d-line doesn't do....stuff. They just eat up blockers. Our LBs do all the work, and with a few of our new rookies floating around, learning the system, I think we'll be okay.

Yes, Harrison had an insane year, one of the most underrated LB seasons last year and one of the best from a Steeler's LB in a LOOOOOOOOONG time (we're talking Greg Lloyd here) but I don't suspect he'll repeat and I really think that we need to get some gorillas up front on our defense to eat up those blockers.

As for the WR, we drafted 1, and it was because the guy many considered to be the best WR dropped to us in the 2nd round. Tomlin and Co. didn't reach, they took the best talent available. That is how you build through the draft, and I like it. Instead of thinking "what do we need RIGHT NOW", you think "what benefits the franchise the most over the next 5-10 years"

The OL glut went early and hard. Peeps that were 2nd-rounders, at best, were going in the first half of the first round. Hell, guards were being drafted to be franchise LTs and are going to make franchise LT money with 95% of their experience as a guard.

why take a 3rd or 4th-round talent in the 1st or 2nd round, when we can take early 1st round talent late in the 1st and late 1st round talent late in the 2nd?

I think the B-n-G is in better shape than people realize. I also think that with the release of Dookie Davenport and the pickups of Mewelede Moore and especially Mendy, we have, potentially, one of the best and most explosive offenses in the NFL.

JESUSUSUWPEQREMKASJFD;LSAJFD;S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOTBALL SEASON NEEDS TO START ALREADY!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! *STOMP STOMP*

GOT BLING? WE DO!!

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/22/09/5_SB_Trophys_80335.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9854/lyngotringstz2.gif

NorthernRaZ
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
What is Steelers nation's take on the division standings this year?

Big7Ben86
06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Steelers 11-5
Browns 9-7
Ravens 7-9
Bengals 5-11

NorthernRaZ
06-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Steelers 11-5
Browns 9-7
Ravens 7-9
Bengals 5-11

Sounds reasonable.

kethnaab
06-28-2008, 05:15 PM
something similar, although I think the Browns will be a bit closer simply because they have an easier schedule.

I can honestly see it coming down to both the Browns and Steelers being 10-6, but the Steelers making it because, year in, year out, we wipe our asses with the Brownies. :D

That being stated, the Browns have made some huge strides and I'm not as confident in my smack talk this year as I have in years' past

I think Rogers won't do as much as you think, I think Corey Williams will do a good bit but Leigh Bodden will be missed, and I would be surprised if either Braylon or DA did as well as they did last year.

But that's why we play the game, right? :D

rymedved
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Just another Steeler fan jumping into the thread...

GO STEELERS!!!

DAVEZILLA
06-29-2008, 01:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/mudlover/STEELERSFANSONLY.jpg

DAVEZILLA
06-29-2008, 07:18 AM
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule
PRESEASON

Friday, Aug. 8 vs. Eagles 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Thursday, Aug. 14 @ Bills (Toronto) 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Saturday, Aug. 23 @ Vikings 8 p.m. CBS
Thursday, Aug. 28 vs Panthers 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
REGULAR SEASON

Sunday, Sept. 7 vs. Texans 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept 14 @ Browns 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 21 @ Eagles 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Sept. 29 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 5 @ Jaguars 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 12 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys * 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens * 1 p.m .(CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns * 1 p.m. (CBS)

kethnaab
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
it only looks like a tough schedule because we haven't gone 16-0 through that schedule yet.

:)

look at it this way, by the time we get to the playoffs, we'll be very-well battle tested. We just need to stay healthy, and I think we'll be fine.

Oct 5 against the Jax is HUGELY important. If we lose, my troops are going to harass the hell out of me (my supply SGT is a big Jax fan)

Johnny Rotten
06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Oct 5 against the Jax is HUGELY important. If we lose, my troops are going to harass the hell out of me (my supply SGT is a big Jax fan)

No Jax fan is that big of a fan...I mean the only bar in walking distance to their stadium is a Steelers bar come gameday. Good times, good times. :)

Sean_A_Nitro
06-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Steelers watched Kevin Jones workout today, guess it makes sense since we dumped Davenport.

kethnaab
06-29-2008, 05:21 PM
shame Kevin Jones couldn't keep himself healthy

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. He's fragile, and we don't need him.

JJP11
06-29-2008, 11:59 PM
shame Kevin Jones couldn't keep himself healthy

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. He's fragile, and we don't need him.

we have such a promising young backfield, it's absolutely ridiculous. parker - 27/mendenhall - 21/moore - 25/russell - 21.

kethnaab
06-30-2008, 02:05 AM
ayup. and then with santonio, health and limas being taught by hines, the old master, i just can't see how we don't succeed

BigVic5
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Oct 5 against the Jax is HUGELY important. If we lose, my troops are going to harass the hell out of me (my supply SGT is a big Jax fan)[/QUOTE]

what about me? i was living in jax beach last year and got everyone harrasing me when the jaguars beat the steelers twice!! i was so pissed i couldn't even watch the news anymore!! lol...
now there are only 3 games i am looking forward this season, against the jags, against the giants and against the cowboys!! we must win these 3 games or i will probably hurt someone big time!!

Greg1983
06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
We'll trade you Scott Downs for Pujols. He's gone 27 innings without allowing a run!

Edit: WTF how did this get in this thread? Goddamn it's too early.

Srs Thread
07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
deserves a bump

season is gonna start soon!

kethnaab
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
O3uM3d42b6M

Greg1983
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
O3uM3d42b6M

Hines Ward is a straight up pimp.

kethnaab
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
yup. always has been. :)

heidt410
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Browns fan here, I want to see what you guys think your O line will be like this year? I think we will be right there with yinz till the end. Dont count on 2 easy wins from the Browns this year... we should split at the least, maybe meet in the WC again. There is nothing better than a Browns v Steelers playoff game...

You gotta admit, its better with the Browns back... I just dont respect the Ravens and Bungles like I do the Steelers.

O3uM3d42b6M

that was awsome, love to see wide out get some headhunter revenge. At the time, though I thought Reed was dead :eek:

Pern
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Get use to seeing this.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/manniefresco/PIC-0335.jpg

BigVic5
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I think we did pretty good yesterday....won the game but lost C.Batch for a least 4-6 weeks :(

Sean_A_Nitro
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I think we're supposed to workout Leftwich soon.

DoubtErased
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule
PRESEASON

Friday, Aug. 8 vs. Eagles 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Thursday, Aug. 14 @ Bills (Toronto) 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
Saturday, Aug. 23 @ Vikings 8 p.m. CBS
Thursday, Aug. 28 vs Panthers 7:30 p.m. KDKA/FSN Pittsburgh
REGULAR SEASON

Sunday, Sept. 7 vs. Texans 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept 14 @ Browns 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 21 @ Eagles 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Sept. 29 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 5 @ Jaguars 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 12 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys * 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens * 1 p.m .(CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns * 1 p.m. (CBS)

I will be at that game dressed in the black and gold. Anybody else going to that game down with me?

BigVic5
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I will be at that game dressed in the black and gold. Anybody else going to that game down with me?

I live about 40 minutes from the jag's stadium, but not sure if i will be able to go, think i'd be out o town during that time...
but yes, i will be watching the game and hoping we can destroy the jags badly....hopefully with a score of:
Pit 35
Jax 10

DoubtErased
08-11-2008, 05:30 AM
I live about 40 minutes from the jag's stadium, but not sure if i will be able to go, think i'd be out o town during that time...
but yes, i will be watching the game and hoping we can destroy the jags badly....hopefully with a score of:
Pit 35
Jax 10

I actually live in Orlando now but I am originally from Jacksonville. My parents live about 10 mins away from the stadium

BigVic5
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Here we go Steelers here we go!!!
Finally the season is here! first game against the Texans, should not be hard to beat them....
I started looking our team and I think they will do better than last season for sure!!! they looked sharp!!
two things are only my concern so far:
1-the O-line...it looked ok in the preseason (not that good against Minnesota) but what it counts it's after tomorrow so i am a little bit scare of how they will be protecting big Ben...
2-B.Leftwitch!! i am hoping big Ben stays as healthy as hell so Leftwitch doesn't get to play!! Still don't know why would someone pick Leftwich over Culpepper but Leftwich cannot play!!
but it ok, the season has just begun and i cannot wait until tomorrow's game!! i already have my two flags on my car, two Terrible Towels near my tv and my jersey is good to go!!
by the way, i think we will win with score of
Hou 10
Pit 34

FormulaLT1poweR
09-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Ah, it's that time again!

I see us winning this game...but not by much. I've got a feeling our offense will be unstoppable, and Roethlisberger will have a BIG day. However our Defense needs some time to mesh, etc...and I see Owen Daniels hurting us as well.

I'll go 27-21 Steelers.

BigVic5
09-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Ah, it's that time again!

I see us winning this game...but not by much. I've got a feeling our offense will be unstoppable, and Roethlisberger will have a BIG day. However our Defense needs some time to mesh, etc...and I see Owen Daniels hurting us as well.

I'll go 27-21 Steelers.

hell no, i don't think we will be winning that close, even a win is a win....
but at least 10 points or more!!!

FormulaLT1poweR
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
hell no, i don't think we will be winning that close, even a win is a win....
but at least 10 points or more!!!

You will see ;)

Our Defense has stunk against the TE for a long time now. Owen Daniels isn't that bad either. Their defense is one of the best at putting pressure on the QB...so watch for us to struggle at stopping that early.

kethnaab
09-06-2008, 09:21 PM
what I like about his matchup ofensively is that past Mario an DeMeco, there just isn't that much to their defense.

kethnaab
09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
now THIS is defense:

http://www.racerxill.com/images/articles/large/0000006634.jpeg

BigVic5
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
You will see ;)

Our Defense has stunk against the TE for a long time now. Owen Daniels isn't that bad either. Their defense is one of the best at putting pressure on the QB...so watch for us to struggle at stopping that early.

Houston 17 Pittsburgh 38!!! I told you my man!!!!
we did great, big ben got couple of TDs, W. Parker 3 rushing TDs....it was all great!!!!
can't wait to take on the brownies next sunday!!!

snwdevl10
09-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Solid game today

kethnaab
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
not sure what I liked more....seeing Ben go 13 for 14 or seeing FWP look like 2006 FWP WITHOUT Ben looking like 2006 Ben.

Very happy with our effort, although I would've liked to have seen us keep the 35-3 lead instead of letting up near the end

RavenStorm
09-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Steelers raped Houston.

Srs Thread
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
here we go steelers, here we go....

DAVEZILLA
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
all i can say is wow, what a performance hopefully it is a sign of things to come:D

Jussst_Blaze
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Predictions for the Cleveland game anyone?

Line is Steelers -6....

I think we cover 35-24

trek_6k
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Huge week this week. 55-55 alltime series with the Brownies.

BigVic5
09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Predictions for the Cleveland game anyone?

Line is Steelers -6....

I think we cover 35-24

it's going to be a close game but i believe we'll get away at the end, my prediction is:
Pit 34
Cle 24

BigVic5
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
game was closer than i thought but still we got the win...
weather was not helping and big ben had his shoulder still sore but he did got some passes going...specially that 19 yard pass to H.Miller on the 4th quarter, that was sweet!!!
final score was 10-6 but the win is the most important thing!!!
next on schedule is Philly.....

snwdevl10
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
WTF we cannot do anything against the blitzz :(

trek_6k
09-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I can't say I'm entirely surprised with the outcome. It could/should have been worse. The o-line has been a problem spot for at least 3 years now.

jayson86
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Good thing my sig. is still valid, sadly has been for the last 3-4 seasons.

BigVic5
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
i can't take it anymore!! that was horrible!!! big ben got sacked 8 times!!??
this O-line is killing me.....i'm very mad right now....
i'm going to have to call Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Dennis Wolf, Tony Freeman, Dexter Jackson and Jay Cutler to replace the O-line with them....

snwdevl10
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't know if I have ever been more frustrated, our offense is horrible right now.

GPx
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Looks like the Steelers has done a compete 180 in the last two weeks.

The_Source
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
who was Tomlin winking at during the challenge? Looks like hes mackin on someone in the crowd. :D

Reps n Sets
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
They are throwing the kitchen sink at Flacco.

Like the Dolphins did to Matt Cassel.

jayson86
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Flacco played pretty good. He was good the entire game other than in the middle, but that was because our defense began playing like they were possessed.

BTW, McFadden >>>> Townsend. Amazing game by Woodley and our MNF superstarr Harrison.

Misctify
09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Wooooooo!

snwdevl10
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm glad we pulled it out tonight, defense came up big getting pressure on Flacco.

Soundmankc
09-30-2008, 04:34 PM
<----Die hard Steelers fan here

I grew up in the 'Burgh area and just found this thread...Awesome!
All I have to say about last nights game is I thought for sure we were gonna lose the game. The O line was looking real bad again and it looks like Simmons is gonna be out for the season. Mendenhall is out for the season. Its a shame this was the year to take back the top spot of the AFC. After the first 2 games I thought the O line was gonna hold up. Gonna be a rough season fellas.

BigVic5
10-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Great game last monday!!
Now it's time to think ahead....we'll play Jacksonville this sunday and it is going to be hard....we signed N.Davenport, which is a good Rb, but i was kinda hoping we could get S.Alexander dressed in black and gold (i guess too much to ask)...
anyway, on the other side, the Jags have couple of key players injured also that will give us a chance to win it....
and yes, i think big ben should use the no-huddle offense, so far it has worked pretty well....
my predictions for sunday:
Pit 24
Jax 21

BigVic5
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Great game tonight!!!! I was so scared but we pulled it off...
Big Ben 309 yards, 3TD and 1 INT...not bad at all....and believe it or not, even he got sacked a couple of times, the O-Line did a good job...Big Ben had time to throw, finally!!!
we improve to 4-1 heading to the bye week....

BigVic5
10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Great game last monday!!
Now it's time to think ahead....we'll play Jacksonville this sunday and it is going to be hard....we signed N.Davenport, which is a good Rb, but i was kinda hoping we could get S.Alexander dressed in black and gold (i guess too much to ask)...
anyway, on the other side, the Jags have couple of key players injured also that will give us a chance to win it....
and yes, i think big ben should use the no-huddle offense, so far it has worked pretty well....
my predictions for sunday:
Pit 24
Jax 21

in case you didn't notice that, look my prediction from last week....
final score was Pit 26 Jax 21.....i was off by 2 points!!! LOL

jayson86
10-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Great game and coaching.

MVP: James Harrison and Moore (the HB)

But great game by everyone.

snwdevl10
10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Great game and coaching.

MVP: James Harrison and Moore (the HB)

But great game by everyone.

Harrison was everywhere, that late hit call he got was BS. And Moore did a great job also.

Awesome game.

kethnaab
10-05-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah, that "late hit" was pure BS.

Shame such a great game had to be marred by idiotic referees

Sean_A_Nitro
10-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Is it just me or does Hines always torch the Jags? Enjoy the bye week guys, youve earned it.

Cinderblock
10-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Thinking about becoming a Steelers fan, thinkin about it.

kethnaab
10-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Thinking about becoming a Steelers fan, thinkin about it.

snwdevl10
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Ownage today. Even Leftwitch getting in on the action.

BigVic5
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM

oh Yeah!!! that's right!!!

BigVic5
10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
38-10 easy win....
we dey!!!!

Sean_A_Nitro
10-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Limas Sweed first catch ever

BigVic5
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
no comments about the game last night????
well, let me start first....GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!
our defense really showed everyone that you cannot run against us...is not going to happen!!
the bad news, Big Ben got hurt...today they did a MRI and they are waiting on the results to find out if he will be able to play against teh Colts this sunday...
but Leftwich played like i never seen him playing!! excellent!! hope if Ben can't play sunday, hopefully Leftwitch can play just like he did last night....
Indy is not doing good this year and we are playing at home....
i would say we will win by score of :
Colts 14
Steelers 24

Sean_A_Nitro
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Ive been followin this team since I was 6. This is the best defense I've seen yet, theyre incredible. Woodley and Harrison are insane, Polamalu and the Dline are always good and Farrior is Farrior. Unfortunately the Oline is the worst Ive seen

BigVic5
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Very dissapointed today.... I don't understand why Big Ben is throwing that many INTs and no TDs?? this is his second game with no TDs and multiple INTs!
another thing, why on 1st and goal at the 5 line yard they played 3 RUN plays??
it was very irritaring seeing that and no score a TD...specially in the 4th qt!
Now we play San Diego, who just won today also...and we got the Ravens right at their @sses tied with us at 6-3...
the Defense did not do jackcrap either, allowing manning those 3 EASY TDs, even though we stopped the run....and by the way, even though Moore had 2 TDs, we did horrible running the ball (24 carries for 57 yards)
I hope we can do better next week, i want to win the AFC North very bad!!

kethnaab
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Bruce Arians and the entire offensive line need to have their legs embedded in cement, and then they need to be dropped off of a tall bridge into a nice deep river

FormulaLT1poweR
11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Bruce Arians is our entire problem...guy puts together an awesome 1st drive...and we don't ever see it again.

Funny how 1st drive people gave Roeth props...as the game progressed...he was still "hurt".

friendlywoman
11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Very dissapointed today.... I don't understand why Big Ben is throwing that many INTs and no TDs?? this is his second game with no TDs and multiple INTs!
another thing, why on 1st and goal at the 5 line yard they played 3 RUN plays??
it was very irritaring seeing that and no score a TD...specially in the 4th qt!
Now we play San Diego, who just won today also...and we got the Ravens right at their @sses tied with us at 6-3...
the Defense did not do jackcrap either, allowing manning those 3 EASY TDs, even though we stopped the run....and by the way, even though Moore had 2 TDs, we did horrible running the ball (24 carries for 57 yards)
I hope we can do better next week, i want to win the AFC North very bad!!

i honestly feel that roethlisberger is a very average qb, ur offense seems quite poor if im honest, ur 3 minutes at the end were embarrassing, it was so slow, if that was t brady or manning they probs get to the others 20 yard line before the 2 minute warning. your defense is very good but dont big ben is too prone to mistakes, i dont see this as a chmapionship winning team, i dont see pitt in the afc championship game to be honest, i think the colts r gunna be hot and titans already have homefield pretty much locked up. I think ull still win the division because the ravens still have the entire nfc east to play.

jhh166
11-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Born and raised in PGH (brookline), live for the Steelers. Todays game against the Colts hurts, i think we are tied with the Ravens now? All is good I guess because Cleavland still blows... as long as the Browns are hurting its a good year.

DAVEZILLA
11-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Born and raised in PGH (brookline), live for the Steelers. Todays game against the Colts hurts, i think we are tied with the Ravens now? All is good I guess because Cleavland still blows... as long as the Browns are hurting its a good year.

let's not forget about the hapless Bengals:D

Big7Ben86
11-13-2008, 02:38 PM

wow...we live in the exact same place serious

BigVic5
11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah!!! we really needed that win...very hard game, Big Ben played good even though he had no TDs, no INTs either...
now we move to 7-3 and have the Bengals next on schedule....
one thing i didn't understand....Polamalu scored the TD at the end of the game, it went under review and the referee said it was a TD, however the game score was showing 11-10 final score??? either way it's a win and i take it but come on, don't take that TDs from Troy!!!
can't wait for Thursday night to play Cincy!!

FormulaLT1poweR
11-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Taking that TD from Troy cost me my parlay...I bet on the Under 41, Steelers -5.

Thankfully I was smart to put more money on another bet for the Under 41 :)

hellabutt
11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah!!! we really needed that win...very hard game, Big Ben played good even though he had no TDs, no INTs either...
now we move to 7-3 and have the Bengals next on schedule....
one thing i didn't understand....Polamalu scored the TD at the end of the game, it went under review and the referee said it was a TD, however the game score was showing 11-10 final score??? either way it's a win and i take it but come on, don't take that TDs from Troy!!!
can't wait for Thursday night to play Cincy!!

they took back the touchdown because they called an illegal forward pass on the chargers. first game in nfl history to end with a final score of 11-10

FormulaLT1poweR
11-16-2008, 05:39 PM
they took back the touchdown because they called an illegal forward pass on the chargers. first game in nfl history to end with a final score of 11-10

The point was there was no Illegal Forward Pass...therefore the TD should have been good.

BigVic5
11-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Taking that TD from Troy cost me my parlay...I bet on the Under 41, Steelers -5.

Thankfully I was smart to put more money on another bet for the Under 41 :)

i know!!
but can someone explain to me why after the referee said it was a TD, they changed it?? that made me mad!!

Misctify
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
What a crappy game.. oh well, a win is a win.

BTW, there was NO forward pass..

hellabutt
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
The point was there was no Illegal Forward Pass...therefore the TD should have been good.

thats what i thought too, during the replay they only showed the final lateral, ii think there was one before it because the last one was definetly going backwards. i found it funny that our only touchdown of the game occured like that, oh well a w is a w.

graphyxx
11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
what a close game eh?

BigVic5
11-16-2008, 05:45 PM

oh ok, they should've let it be a TD anyway!!

it doesn't matter if we win 2-0, it still a win!!!

now, what's up with all those penalties??? that just made my blood pressure get all jacked up! lol

DAVEZILLA
11-16-2008, 05:47 PM

haha...yeah I thought I've never seen a 11-10 final score before..I definitely didn't think I would see that today.

hellabutt
11-16-2008, 05:48 PM
oh ok, they should've let it be a TD anyway!!

it doesn't matter if we win 2-0, it still a win!!!

now, what's up with all those penalties??? that just made my blood pressure get all jacked up! lol

the penalties were fukin ridiculous, although the chargers only touchdown came from a questionable interference call. still, steelers were really fukkin up bad today

zar17
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
doesn't make a lick of sense to me why the ref would review that last TD by troy...it had no effect on the game at all...the only thing that it changed was that it gave the spread to SD screwing over alot of gamblers lol (i didn't bet on this one). Oh well atleast we won..Here we go Steelers!

BigVic5
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/o3steelers3o/1109071245.jpg

i'm already pumped up for thursday!!

jayson86
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
TP is a freak of nature. Amazing interception.

fivas15
11-17-2008, 01:16 AM
TP should've been awarded that TD.

BigVic5
11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

here is what i found on espn.com....
and this is referee Green's comments right after the game:

"Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant -- even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.

"We should have let the play go through in the end, yes," Green said. "It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through."

I'm still happy with the win, but not happy on how retarded the referees have been lately, specially against us! (yes, I couldn't sleep thinking that it was a TD!!) Lol

BigVic5
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
oh and by the way, that call cost America $66 million bucks for the gamblers! I'm so glad i do not bet....LOL

jayson86
11-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Screw that call, its complete BS.

Anyway, here is a very nicely done video of Steelers Linebackers to get you guys pumped up for tonight's slaughter.

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=A4CEB2712C460916&ctx=date&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=4D1CE7E870F3B631&ctx=rate&type=image

snwdevl10
11-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I lost my fantasy football matchup by two points...yes I had the Steelers D and yes that TD would have won it for me :mad:, but I'm still :) with the win, tough game.

Can't wait for tonight's game either!

jayson86
11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Great INT by TP, no garbage points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kethnaab
11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
SOLID.

damn solid.

but hey, it's the Bungles.

BigVic5
11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Screw that call, its complete BS.

Anyway, here is a very nicely done video of Steelers Linebackers to get you guys pumped up for tonight's slaughter.

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=A4CEB2712C460916&ctx=date&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=4D1CE7E870F3B631&ctx=rate&type=image

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! i love those videos, but i like the Sack City better!!
that got me pumped up for next game!!! lol....
#92 is a beast!!! he must win the Defensive player of the year for sure!!!

hellabutt
11-30-2008, 06:44 PM
patriots pwned

BigVic5
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
wow how 'bout them Steelers!!?? 33-10 solid victory against the very well hated Pats!! i really enjoyed the game, we only got one turnover but we forced 5 turnover and sacked Cassel 5 times!!
it was an excellent game, we scored 30 unanswered points and the defense really did their job!
now we sit very good at 9-3, and even though the Ravens are right behind us, we will knock them off out of the AFC North title race when we play them again on december 14th....
for now, let's get some rest because we got the Cowboys next week...superbowl 30 rematch....

2stoked
11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Steelers have only allowed 9 points in any 3rd Quarter they've played the entire year.

kethnaab
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!?!?!??!!?

hellabutt
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
HELL YEAH MOTHER****ER

trek_6k
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Enjoyable win, but still sloppy if you look at the overall picture. Their offensive still needs to be more productive.

2stoked
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Enjoyable win, but still sloppy if you look at the overall picture. Their offensive still needs to be more productive.

It was pretty good considering out O-Line is still all guys who would be 2nd or 3rd stringers on any other team.

trek_6k
11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
It was pretty good considering out O-Line is still all guys who would be 2nd or 3rd stringers on any other team.

But the Patriot defense is hardly anything to brag about. Add to that the turnovers that placed the Steelers offense in Patriot territory without them having to do anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY happy with the win, but there were a lot of mistakes and miscues that could cost them with better teams. We'll see how they fare after the next several weeks.

kethnaab
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
valid points, Trek. I'm happy, but I remain underwhelmed. What happens when we go up against Dallas and DeMarcus Ware? Is Ware going to do to Ben what Harrison did to Cassel? What about Tennessee? What if Haynesworth comes to the field ready to play that day? Will Ben be stuck sniffing his nuts all day?

jayson86
12-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Dallas!!!!!!

This should be a more accurate barometer for our status in the league.

hellabutt
12-02-2008, 04:09 PM
im saying we finish the season at no worse than 12-4. possibly even 13-3. thats right i said it.

BigVic5
12-02-2008, 05:53 PM
im saying we finish the season at no worse than 12-4. possibly even 13-3. thats right i said it.

that's the most accurate thing i have heard so far!!!! AMEN!
we will lose one more game (Maybe) but pretty much we will end the season locked at #2 seed with 12-4, if we don't lose and end with 13-3 we WILL be #1 seed because we will play the Titans in week 16 i believe....
can't wait for this sunday....bought my 42 inches LCD Tv, got Dish Network (will be installed saturday morning) and invited all my Steelers friends to watch it....and by the way, Sunday is my birthday, so ALL i want as a present is a win against Dallas!!!!! lol

Srs Thread
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
this is the best ive seen our lbs this decade... harrison is looking like greg lloyd out there

Misctify
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Bump this ****... GO STEELERS!!!111

kethnaab
12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

now someone go and buy us an offensive line, please?

Misctify
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

now someone go and buy us an offensive line, please?

Rep me, whoooo!!!! ;)

jayson86
12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Defense!!! Defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ossumday1
12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow I damn near had a heart attack during that one...Lots of **** talking going around on my floor during the game but as always I said, "Wait until it's over." Well, IT'S OVER NOW!

hellabutt
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
man where the fuk would we be without our d

ossumday1
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
that's the most accurate thing i have heard so far!!!! AMEN!
we will lose one more game (Maybe) but pretty much we will end the season locked at #2 seed with 12-4, if we don't lose and end with 13-3 we WILL be #1 seed because we will play the Titans in week 16 i believe....
can't wait for this sunday....bought my 42 inches LCD Tv, got Dish Network (will be installed saturday morning) and invited all my Steelers friends to watch it....and by the way, Sunday is my birthday, so ALL i want as a present is a win against Dallas!!!!! lol

Happy birthday!

Oh, and reps all around!

DAVEZILLA
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!!

Misctify
12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Can't wait to get back to work and talk sh*t to all the haters....

DoubtErased
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Damn them for making me throw stuff around the house

kethnaab
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
so now the question is, Troy Polomalu or James Harrison for Steelers DPOY?

Polomalu leads the NFL in picks, for those who are wondering.

ossumday1
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM

Man that is such a toss up to be honest I think Harrison deserves it. What he is doing is insane. 7 FORCED FUMBLES?!?! And he's doing it consistently despite what blocking scheme is thrown at him!

Misctify
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd go for Harrison

2stoked
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Man that is such a toss up to be honest I think Harrison deserves it. What he is doing is insane. 7 FORCED FUMBLES?!?! And he's doing it consistently despite what blocking scheme is thrown at him!

If these stats don't earn him DPY in the entire NFL then there's something wrong with the system.

Polamalu is the man, but he's taken a backseat as #1 playmaker on the Steelers which is funny because on every other team in the NFL he'd be their #1.

snwdevl10
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
What a game :eek:!! Go Steelerss!

Misctify
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
What a game :eek:!! Go Steelerss!

Whoooo!!!!

trek_6k
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Honestly, either would be deserving, but I'd give the slight edge to Harrison. If you're into all around athleticism and hard nosed football, you HAVE to love these guys whether you're a Steelers fan or not. They're consistently all over the field flying around making plays.

With that being said, I can't wait for the Ravens game. I think despite the lack of a really potent offense, the Steelers can pull it off so long as they keep the turnovers to a minimum. This is the second straight week the Steelers have won largely due to capitalizing on turnovers. Big Ben and the offense haven't been spectacular, but they've been doing enough to win ball games when needed.

For me, the big test this week and next was whether Big Ben could stay protected and if the offense could be productive. They got the "W" today, hopefully they can do the same against Baltimore.

jayson86
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
My selection: James Harrison. Very low profile guy comes over and completely dominates the position. He is pure hard work and determination (not saying that Polamalu is any less, Polamalu is still the man).

Regardless, both are very very close and equally deserving. My pick of Harrison is because I like his story better as an unknown guy dominating his position.

Regardless, T - R - O - Y is still my favorite Steeler of all time.

hellabutt
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
My selection: James Harrison. Very low profile guy comes over and completely dominates the position. He is pure hard work and determination (not saying that Polamalu is any less, Polamalu is still the man).

Regardless, both are very very close and equally deserving. My pick of Harrison is because I like his story better as an unknown guy dominating his position.

Regardless, T - R - O - Y is still my favorite Steeler of all time.

troy is great but i'd say harrison cuz of how far hes come. i remember loving that dude when he wasnt even a starter, cuz when he played he was great, and now he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. troy has been a star for years now and rightfully so, but harrison is a beast and deserves some glory too.

Sean_A_Nitro
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Hopefully Polamalu and Harrison dont steal votes from each other, which may give it to Ware or Porter or something. I'd go with harrison, i think he has 7 forced fumbles which is insane. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

kethnaab
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
if Porter gets it, that would be ridiculous

dude has like 30 tackles. Yeah, he has 2 sacks more than Harrison, but like 60 tackles less

G-mane12
12-07-2008, 09:19 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Ray-Lewis-Super-Bowl-XXXV-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10053159.jpeg

deadlift_405
12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
god bless the steelers they INT'd romo and it covered the spread for me got me a massive win!!! steelers baby

jayson86
12-08-2008, 12:56 PM
god bless the steelers they INT'd romo and it covered the spread for me got me a massive win!!! steelers baby

Good to hear you won something too. lol.

Ya looks like the a unanimous decision by miscers for DPOY of the steelers is Harrison.

Any disagreement?

Big7Ben86
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Harrison..

polamalu is playing great but harrison is definately making a bigger impact right now

camaleom
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
u guys f.... up his Birthday!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/camaleon76/untitled1-2.jpg

BigVic5
12-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Happy birthday!

Oh, and reps all around!

thanks man, that was the only gift i wanted....a steelers victory over the cowboys!! lol
even though it's a win, our offense has to do better than that if we want to win the superbowl!!! i'm going to repeat this one more time....being stopped at the 1 yd line on 4th and goal is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! that kills me EVERY time i see it....it has happened like 4 or 5 times this season...those were automatic TDs when we had the Bus with us...that **** got to stop man!!
anyways, we play the Ravens this week....we must win this one to put the Ravens out of the race for good! is not going to be easy but i think we will be on top at the end.....probably the final score will be 17-10
i don't know about you all, but i think Pittsburgh will end with 13-3

2stoked
12-08-2008, 04:48 PM
u guys f.... up his Birthday!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/camaleon76/untitled1-2.jpg

Why people give him a shot is just beyond me. He will cast a dark cloud over every team he goes to. Yes Wade Phillips has been able to control him better than any other coach but his bitching and whinning is going to catch up to the Boys later.

snwdevl10
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
thanks man, that was the only gift i wanted....a steelers victory over the cowboys!! lol
even though it's a win, our offense has to do better than that if we want to win the superbowl!!! i'm going to repeat this one more time....being stopped at the 1 yd line on 4th and goal is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! that kills me EVERY time i see it....it has happened like 4 or 5 times this season...those were automatic TDs when we had the Bus with us...that **** got to stop man!!
anyways, we play the Ravens this week....we must win this one to put the Ravens out of the race for good! is not going to be easy but i think we will be on top at the end.....probably the final score will be 17-10
i don't know about you all, but i think Pittsburgh will end with 13-3

I might have to bust out my BUS jersey for old times sake, it is a little small on me now though I got it when I was like 12 lol.

Ravens game is going to be awesome.

jayson86
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
How amazing is this?

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/481/67358711am9.jpg

DRob27
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
thats how we roll

jayson86
12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
DAMN! We got the NFL Films game of the week highlights for the last week.

Check it out :
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d3401e

snwdevl10
12-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Holy **** watching the game on ESPN Gamecast is frustrating, I'm seriously about to throw my computer across the room.

2stoked
12-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Ben has been ****ty all season, I'm so glad we have this D to rely on. Win or lose this game, it's going to be hard in the postseason with Ben at the helm.

Misctify
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Omg Wtf!!

EDIT: Whoooooo!! ;)

ElMariachi
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
LOL at Baltimore. That was a weird looking touchdown though. Was it a TD because his feet were in, even if the ball never crossed the plane/

Misctify
12-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Lets go D!

ElMariachi
12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
INT. GAME OVER.

Baltimore
negged
beaten
raped
robbed
LOST.

canuckathlete
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
wow crazy game, and huge win!!!

DRob27
feels good :)

snwdevl10
WOWW awesome game :D

Misctify
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/stanley2.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3103)

B_New_Lifter
12-14-2008, 05:32 PM
LOL at Baltimore. That was a weird looking touchdown though. Was it a TD because his feet were in, even if the ball never crossed the plane/

yeah just like if he were to catch it on the side of the endzone, as long as the feet are in the ball doesnt have to cross plane. Or like when LT runs in the corner and kind of holds ball out over sidelines.

Trbovich12
12-14-2008, 05:33 PM
how bout dem stillers!

Kevie Kev
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
dat dere stillers pwn

BigVic5
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM
the harder the conflict, the sweeter the victory!!!!
even though Big Ben has played like crap in the last few games, if he keeps playing like that in every 4th quarter, then we will the superbowl!!! now i feel more confident of being losing teh whole game and come from behind to win it!!!
guess what guys? i don't know if you already know, but next week we are taking the #1 spot in the AFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will beat the titans and wrap it up ( we are 9-1 vs afc; titans are 8-2) and that's what's up!!!!

2stoked
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Ben scared us all tonight. Nice pass protection though, what we lacked in sacks we made up for in pressure. The D made Flacco look horrible.

MOST LIKELY we will get to see what Byron Leftwich has in the 2nd half of the Titans game and the game against the Browns, I don't think the #1 seed is as important as keeping everyone healthy.

Ruger357
12-14-2008, 06:01 PM
From his first year in the league, you can never count Ben out. Yeah, I actually wanted Leftwich in the 2nd half against the Cowboys, but I forgot that Ben won't quit. He seems to thrive on coming back from behind. Great defensive game by both teams. Says a lot that we can go into Baltimore and win.

jayson86
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
We finally SWEPT them. I fuking hate that team.

BigVic5
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
From his first year in the league, you can never count Ben out. Yeah, I actually wanted Leftwich in the 2nd half against the Cowboys, but I forgot that Ben won't quit. He seems to thrive on coming back from behind. Great defensive game by both teams. Says a lot that we can go into Baltimore and win.

i agree!!
there is one thing that keeps bothering me for a while....what the crap is going on with our running game???? we ARE a running team, that is why Ben has to throw too much!

BigVic5
12-14-2008, 06:14 PM
wow, i am watching the pregame show of Dallas-Giants game and they were analyzing the S.Holmes catch and they were all saying it was not a TD??? WTF is wrong with them?? the guy had possesion of the ball with BOTH feet down!! you know what, i don't care what everyone say, we still got the win!! LOL

kethnaab
12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
INT. GAME OVER.

Baltimore
negged
beaten
raped
robbed
LOST.

PWN3D!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hellabutt
12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
here we go stillers

cawagner01
12-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah! Hats off to the Steelers!!! Once again, the defense kept them in the game until the offensive put together a good drive to end it.

Sean_A_Nitro
12-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Homefield advantage anyone???? Next week Tennessee

BigVic5
12-21-2008, 08:41 PM
what a horrible game today!! i can't even look at them now...4 fumbles and 2 INTs???? and not to mention they allowed 5 sacks?? just horrible.... i just had a bad day....i mean, i really thought we would be #1 seed and if we would lose, it wouldn't be that bad.....but hey..i'm just fustrated....just had a bad day!!!

kethnaab
12-21-2008, 11:16 PM
can we please get an offensive line?

for chrissakes, just pull 4 guys outta the stands and put them at the 2 G and 2 T positions

pitiful. I am so ashamed that our offensive line is full of quivering vaginas instead of men.

shameful.

snwdevl10
12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
What a horrible performance yesterday :(, big ben struggled holding onto the ball and our OL couldn't stop their second string pass rush.

jayson86
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Number 1 Defense for the year 2008-2009 - The Pittsburgh Steelers.

Hope Big Ben is alright.

Lets get the first 6th.

BigVic5
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I was soooo scared yesterday that i couldn't sleep!!! I kinda didn't want Big Ben to play but at the same time didn't want him to stay away from the game too long either!! I just checked espn and they said he should be able to play, that nothing serious happened to him....

and yes, the Steelers have the best defense this year, let's just finish this celebration with another superbowl ring!!!! Lol

this is how i am projecting the scenarios
Colts 35
Chargers 29

Ravens 17
Dolphins 20 (yes, i just don't trust a rookie QB and coach to win now)

2nd round

Dolphins 14
Steelers 28

Colts 28
Titans 21 (yes, just like week 17, the Titans will fall short)

AFC championship

Colts 20
Steelers 24

Superbowl:
Steelers 27
Panthers 17 (yes, the Giants will not make it this year)

and that's how i see it (samsung commercial) lol

BADDLEGG
01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Welcome fellow steelers. I am from Texas and am so glad we swept texas this year. I have been waiting since 95 for them to be the f'n cowgirls.

Seriously we need a freakin offensive line its not even funny. These guys suck a$$. Ben has been possibly ruined like david car. I have heard for years as soon as they get another qb the texans are going to be good. NO. Their offensive line is the problem just like ours. Ben is the best qb we have had in a long long long time.

FIrst and foremost F Neil O'dumba$$ how the f do you throw two interceptions were there is not even any body of your own team even close. I hope he got alot of money from the cowgirls. I swear if I ever meet him I will slap him down like the biatch he is.

Real quick what are your opions on Willie Parker? First he has a ****ty offensive line that cant open a hole to save their lives. BUt besides that he is just not consistant.

That sucks about Mendenhal I think he is ruined. A power back with a broken shoulder. I think he is done before he even gets started.

Offensive line and running back in draft 09

cawagner01
01-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Welcome fellow steelers. I am from Texas and am so glad we swept texas this year. I have been waiting since 95 for them to be the f'n cowgirls.

Seriously we need a freakin offensive line its not even funny. These guys suck a$$. Ben has been possibly ruined like david car. I have heard for years as soon as they get another qb the texans are going to be good. NO. Their offensive line is the problem just like ours. Ben is the best qb we have had in a long long long time.

FIrst and foremost F Neil O'dumba$$ how the f do you throw two interceptions were there is not even any body of your own team even close. I hope he got alot of money from the cowgirls. I swear if I ever meet him I will slap him down like the biatch he is.

Real quick what are your opions on Willie Parker? First he has a ****ty offensive line that cant open a hole to save their lives. BUt besides that he is just not consistant.

That sucks about Mendenhal I think he is ruined. A power back with a broken shoulder. I think he is done before he even gets started.

Offensive line and running back in draft 09

Steeler fan here. I would say Parker is for real. The Steelers need to have Parker run behind a fullback like he use to. Ever since they got rid of Krieder (sp) (a really good blocking back), and their offensive line has been crumbling, Parker has had no real chance. I would give Mendenhal a second chance next year. Although I have a strange feeling that he is a bust and that his success at Illinois was due to the type of offense they ran. Time will tell.

Hopefully the Steelers will draft a guard or a center in the first round. With all the offense this year in college football there should be some good offensive linemen. Also, perhaps they could get a lineman through free agency. Perhaps Max Starks, who signed a 6.9 million dollar contract with the Steelers to sit on the bench, will be cut next year. This will give the Steelers some wiggle room with the salary cap.

BADDLEGG
01-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I cant tell you how happy I was to see them finally let Staley go and for the Bus to retire. I mean shoot how many seasons did BOTH of them play one or two games get hurt and chill on the side line the entire year.

I would like for them to pick up Jevoursky Lane from Texas A&M I bet we could make him a hall of fame back if he would lose the attitude and drop about 30 lbs. Yes I am an aggie fan (not bragging). I just really like having a power back and got so excited when they picked up mendenhal. I really was hoping they would have got lindell white. Not any more though.
MARK MY WORDS TEN. FANS THEY WILL PAY FOR DISRESPECTING THE TOWEL REMEMBER "WHO DEY" WE DEY

jayson86
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Chargers are coming to town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kethnaab
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
not a surprise. That defense is looking stronger than ever.

Devian
01-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Chargers are coming to town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Chargers bring the same pass rush they brought against Manning, it's going to be a long game for Big Ben.

2stoked
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
If the Chargers bring the same pass rush they brought against Manning, it's going to be a long game for Big Ben.

I wouldn't worry about that as much as Ben's idiocy when it comes to not knowing when to get rid of the ball and take the sack instead. He defies logic sometimes, but hopefully he'll march through the postseason like we did on the Superbowl run.

Big7Ben86
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't worry about that as much as Ben's idiocy when it comes to not knowing when to get rid of the ball and take the sack instead. He defies logic sometimes, but hopefully he'll march through the postseason like we did on the Superbowl run.

Ben is alot like Terry Bradshaw was. I was not around for that era, but they seem like similar players. With that bein said, i think well be fine

kethnaab
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
difference being that Ben has a far inferior OL, whereas Bradshaw had a solid OL

BigVic5
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
well, San Diego depends on the running game a lot and that is our speciality: cant run the ball against Pittsburgh! LT is still injured and probably won't be playing and i don't care about the midget sproles and his awesome game against the colts, he won't be doing it against us!!
my main concern is how Ben will play...and coach tomlin has to know that he has to pull ben out and put leftwich in if ben does not play good or if he makes too many mistakes.....this is the playoffs and mistakes are not acceptable now!!
i would say the final score next week will be Chargers 14 Steelers 24

BADDLEGG
01-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Hopefully the defense show up. They will have to win the game once again. The only thing I worry about maybe its just me. But have ya'll noticed how the steelers always lose to teams they have beaten in the regualr season? I hope the o line will help us out. I think its going to be close. chargers 10 steelers 13. Our offense is a joke and we have some of the best talent in the leauge. I think ben is f'ed up after his concusion I think he will be like car and make stupid mistakes because he feels like he is always under pressure and will force everything... even more than usuall. Thats funny on the steelers web site how they talk about how they got the run game going right before the playoffs. Maye its because they played such a sh$$$y team. The only chance we have is that our team shows that they can some how win the game last minute. I dont know how much longer they can do it.

BADDLEGG
01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
This is the one senario I did not want. I hate to do it but pittsburgh will lose. F F F. This is the scenario that has haunted my steelers playoff's throught my steelers fan history. Every time I can remeber. The steeleres always lose in the playoffs when they are 1) predicted the favorates (look what happened when they were not, they beat the best teams on thier home field super bowl XL) 2) at home 3) against an opponent that they have beat'n in the reagular season. I hope that I am wrong becuase we have a score to settle with the Tenn tampons.

cawagner01
01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
This is the one senario I did not want. I hate to do it but pittsburgh will lose. F F F. This is the scenario that has haunted my steelers playoff's throught my steelers fan history. Every time I can remeber. The steeleres always lose in the playoffs when they are 1) predicted the favorates (look what happened when they were not, they beat the best teams on thier home field super bowl XL) 2) at home 3) against an opponent that they have beat'n in the reagular season. I hope that I am wrong becuase we have a score to settle with the Tenn tampons.

I think the one factor that may be different (hopefully) is that under Cowers, if Pittsburgh did not need to win the last game of the regular season, he would rest his starters. However, Tomlin played his starters the first half and some of the second half of the Cleveland game. I am hoping they are not too rusty because of this.

BADDLEGG
01-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I know dick is calling the defense but who is calling the offense? who used to call the offense (ken w?)? Does Tomlin call offense? I hate the change in offense. Why dont they use Miller like they used to? Why diid they stop with the trick plays? That turned the momentum in our favor many times. Do you think ben will be 100% and not always hear footsteps?

cawagner01
01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I know dick is calling the defense but who is calling the offense? who used to call the offense (ken w?)? Does Tomlin call offense? I hate the change in offense. Why dont they use Miller like they used to? Why diid they stop with the trick plays? That turned the momentum in our favor many times. Do you think ben will be 100% and not always hear footsteps?

Bruce Arians is currently the offensive coordinator for the Steelers and your are right, he isn't that good. He took over for Ken Whisenhunt who took over the head coaching position for the Arizona Cardinals.

Hopefully Ben will be OK. Two years ago, when he received a mild concussion from the Atlanta Falcons, he was very jittery the following week against the Raiders. Pittsburgh ended up losing that game. I hope this is not a repeat of that whole scenario.

PUDfumes
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
What do you call a pretty girl in Pittsburgh? A tourist! ZING

BADDLEGG
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Can some one throw down on the Qb's we have had from present to past:
1) Rothlesburger
2)Batch
3)Tommy Maddox
4) MIke Tomzac
5) Slash Kordell Stewart
6) Neil "If I ever meet you will kick you in the face " O donnel
5)This is where I draw a blank I am sure I could look it up just trying to converse with my steeler bretheren.

Basically I am trying to figure out if Ben is the best qb we have had since bradshaw.

Sean_A_Nitro
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Dont forget Jim Miller

hellabutt
01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
if the steelers lose this game i bet it will be because of some retarded ass **** ben does in the game. i wouldnt let him play if he screws up even one time after getting that concussion.

Ethan Carr
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
if the steelers lose this game i bet it will be because of some retarded ass **** ben does in the game. i wouldnt let him play if he screws up even one time after getting that concussion.

I would actually feel better with Ben not playing in this game. He has been making too many mistakes. Anyways.. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Can't wait until Sunday.

BADDLEGG
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
If the line would actually do something maybe he would be okay. I like ben he has stood up at the end when it counted. I mean serously you really want to put in Leftwich? I say start ben until he f's up
D-fense
D-fense
like the other guy said "Here we go steelers here we go"

kethnaab
01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Basically I am trying to figure out if Ben is the best qb we have had since bradshaw.

by a country mile

in fact, by 2 country miles

you forgot Brister, Malone and Cliff Stoudt

BADDLEGG
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Why the hell would you not play ben for a quarter, then Leftwich for a quarter just to keep them fresh. Then you could put in Dixion and let him get his feet wet. It was a meaningless game. I dont know about this head coach. Is he just riding Cowher's coat tails?

jayson86
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Guys believe in Ben. He can get it done and is our best chance for winning the game. And above all, he is our QB. (no T.O.)

Here is a video about Steelers Nation. Must watch for steelers fan.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4328974

jayson86
01-10-2009, 10:37 PM
This defense is really has become one unit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/multimedia/?videoid=101373

2stoked
01-11-2009, 10:09 AM
This game is all on Ben.

Look at the Titans-Ravens game last night, the Ravens won because Flacco didn't make mistake, if he had thrown one or two INTs it would have been completely different.

Ben needs to manage this game with some good numbers, the defense will put up points for us.

kethnaab
01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

:D :D

time to add #6!

jayson86
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
The race for the first Sixth.

Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn that was a good game.

BigVic5
01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
yeah baby!!! Ravens are coming for round 3!!

Ruger357
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Steelers were firing on all cylinders today. Probably the best I've seen the offense look all year. Excellent game plan. Big game next week though. Ravens play ball a lot like us. Out of the four teams left this year, three of them are the top 3 defenses in the league: Steelers, Ravens, and Eagles.

kethnaab
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
yet another failure at the goaline has me worried though. We won't get too many long plays against the Ravens, if at all.

Ruger357
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
yet another failure at the goaline has me worried though. We won't get too many long plays against the Ravens, if at all.

I don't know what the hell we are doing there. This is an ongoing problem this year and can be a big momentum shifter. Well, not in this game but definately against the Ravens.

ApatoJay
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
i will be very happy when ray lewis takes out hines like he took out mendenhall.

http://www.talkingnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hines1.jpg

cocky mother ****er. the dudes asking for it with his cheap shot hits and his cocky ass attitude. smilin like hes got down syndrome after every catch he makes.

Ruger357
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
i will be very happy when ray lewis takes out hines like he took out mendenhall.

cocky mother ****er. the dudes asking for it with his cheap shot hits and his cocky ass attitude. smilin like hes got down syndrome after every catch he makes.

U mad?

ApatoJay
01-11-2009, 07:11 PM
U mad?
he is the most hated player in the nfl (by the other players) for a reason. he can deliver cheap shot hits and smile like that after every catch he makes, but he always crumples to the ground so he wont have to get hit. I just cant wait for the day when he gets his **** rocked.

canuckathlete
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
he is the most hated player in the nfl (by the other players) for a reason.

and the reason is that they are scared of him. Most top defenders admit that what he does is perfectly legal and they do not like to play against him.

Ruger357
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
he is the most hated player in the nfl (by the other players) for a reason.

Yeah, because he's a playmaker. Whether receiving or blocking. And yeah when he gets leveled, which happens a lot, he still gets up with a smile on his face.

jayson86
01-11-2009, 07:18 PM
he is the most hated player in the nfl (by the other players) for a reason. he can deliver cheap shot hits and smile like that after every catch he makes, but he always crumples to the ground so he wont have to get hit. I just cant wait for the day when he gets his **** rocked.

Hey look at it this way...Chargers are still leading in the playoff record against the Steelers.

BTW, We all know you and your team want Hines Ward...hes sexaayyyy

kethnaab
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM

cry?

U mad?

wish you had him on your team?

Answer to all of the above - YES

quit whining, or suck it and GTFO

Greg1983
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
How the hell can anyone not like Hines? He's possibly my favorite player of all time who's never worn the green and gold.

Misctify
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM

AHahahahahahahaaa!! Somebody mad!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2823)

jayson86
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
That was hell of a game guys. Next on the list: RATBIRDS or the purple superstars.

What do you think of Ray-Ray's comment after the last game?

"THE NEXT TIME WE PLAY THEM WE WILL NOT LEAVE IT IN THE REF'S HANDS. "

Riceboi
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Let's go Ravens! lol

Misctify
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Let's go Ravens! lol

N-n-n-n-negged, lol.

kethnaab
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
How the hell can anyone not like Hines? He's possibly my favorite player of all time who's never worn the green and gold.

Ratbird fans hate him
Bungles fans hate him
Brownstains fans hate him

why?

because he's been pounding the **** out of them for years

see: Ed Reed
see: Keith Rivers
see: Bart Scott

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/cancunbarbie/Steelers/hines_ward14.jpg

Seahawks fans hate him because...well...

http://www.talkingnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hines7.jpg

Hausen
01-11-2009, 07:50 PM
AHahahahahahahaaa!! Somebody mad!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2823)

LAWL thats a bomb clip brah

Any AZ brahs in here hit up Harolds Bar in Cave Creek? HOOOOOOGe Steelers bar.. AZ will be torn in half for the superbowl. Cards vs Steelers

jayson86
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Ratbird fans hate him
Bungles fans hate him
Brownstains fans hate him

why?

because he's been pounding the **** out of them for years

Amen, he has been doing that for so many years.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/555/07balward84122ny5.jpg

2stoked
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Glad it turned out this way. We beat the Ravens twice this year and lost kind of badly to the Titans once. Why would we have wanted to play the Titans?

Steelers are going to the Superbowl, they'll sweep the Ratbirds

BADDLEGG
01-12-2009, 05:51 AM
who the f was playing for our offense? Holy Sh$$ what happened to our lousey running game and ben running around like a scared little boy? Kudos to the offense (maybe because of a sh$$ charges defense) but still a great job. I hate the fact we have to host the Ravens. I hate when the steelers are favored at home against a team they have beat'n in the regular season.
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO (REPEAT)

ACH1LLES
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM
this year will be better cause ill get to be downtown at school for the superbowl parade rather than in the suburbs watching it on tv. lets see the pennsylvania bowl happen

quietstormx1
01-12-2009, 07:42 AM
i cant wait to see Ben hoist that trophy for a second time.

im a giants fan, but i have a place for the steelers.

snwdevl10
01-12-2009, 08:28 AM
LAWL thats a bomb clip brah

Any AZ brahs in here hit up Harolds Bar in Cave Creek? HOOOOOOGe Steelers bar.. AZ will be torn in half for the superbowl. Cards vs Steelers

AZ here, not of bar age yet though :o lol. I know I will be sporting the black and gold if that is the case!

kethnaab
01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
i cant wait to see Ben hoist that trophy for a second time.

im a giants fan, but i have a place for the steelers.

welcome!

KrayzieMiscer
01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Ive been a Die Hard Steelers fan since birth. Seriously my family are die hard steeler fans. You should see my house... full of steelers stuff... For christmas I got a authentic Joe Greene jersey that im wearing right now. I really hope we win superbowl this year.. first team with 6 rings.. plus its on my dads birthday.. WHOOO HOOO GO STEELERS!!

KrayzieMiscer
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM

I know seriously. but I think you mean black and gold.. lol

kethnaab
01-13-2009, 05:59 AM
nope, he's a Packers fan

quietstormx1
01-13-2009, 07:39 AM
welcome!

lol thanks.

my girlfriend is from pa outside of pittsburgh. her entire family is steelers fans.

i was pullin for a Giants/Steelers superbowl...Mara vs Rooney....but eh whatcha gunna do.

goodluck to the steelers. hope the stomp out the ravens.

quietstormx1
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3832512

PITTSBURGH -- What's in a name?

If you're the mayor of Pittsburgh and your beloved Pittsburgh Steelers are playing one of their archrivals for the right to go to the Super Bowl, certainly not "Raven."

So goodbye, Luke Ravenstahl; hello, Luke Steelerstahl.

Ravenstahl -- er, Steelerstahl -- says he decided to remove "Raven" from his name just as he predicts the Steelers will remove the hated Baltimore Ravens from contention in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

On Wednesday morning, the mayor began, but did not complete, an official name change petition, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Civil court staff gave the petition a docket number but said they did not expect to file it, in part because they did not receive the required check for $108 to process the change, the newspaper reported.

Ravenstahl said he did not come up with the idea for the name change, according to the report. That honor, he said, belonged to callers to a local radio station's morning show, who "called in and thought it would be a good idea to change from Ravenstahl, given we are playing the hated Baltimore Ravens this weekend, to Steelerstahl.

"As soon as I heard it, I thought it was a great idea."

Ravenstahl will keep the name at least through Sunday.

Coincidentally, "stahl" is German for steel.

TAWS6
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Steelers were my pick to win the superbowl since Brady went down, but can they beat the Ravens three times? Gunna be a defensive war.

2stoked
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
This whole 'can they beat them 3 times' is rediculous. The Ravens lost twice because they were not the better team. Nothing has changed