PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

jross2021
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
So Bell is out against the Ravens, frustrating.

So Bell is out against the Patriots, frustrating.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-23-2015, 04:13 PM
So Bell is out against the Patriots, frustrating.

And the 49ers and Rams.

Any word if he is going to appeal the suspension and possibly get it shortened a game or two?

Mitch1313
04-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Last time we had the toughest schedule we won the Super Bowl.

I'm happy with how we turned the season around last year, hopefully they can draft some good young defensive players.

The offense was really clicking, going to be a really interesting season.

And a very very very weird season for fantasy football with all the odd trades and things that have happened this offseason.

I'm excited.

Backus21
04-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Whelp it's that time-a-year-again. Draft time, and I'm hoping we pick a CB in the first.....and we'll probably pick another LB in the first lol. But seriously with Ike retiring I think we're locked into getting a CB high this year which is exciting

Mitch1313
04-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Whelp it's that time-a-year-again. Draft time, and I'm hoping we pick a CB in the first.....and we'll probably pick another LB in the first lol. But seriously with Ike retiring I think we're locked into getting a CB high this year which is exciting

Cant wait for the draft, and I wouldnt mind a LB after a CB or 2, we got Harrison another year and hopefully he can teach these phaggots how to wreak havoc on the field and put in that work off the field, with some good veteran leadership.

Always crazy to watch his facebook and all his lifting clips, dude lifts insane amounts of weight.

Kinda wanting to see what Keth has to say this year, always love reading his posts about the draft and players he thinks would fit good.

Keth brah where you at? lol

WannaGetYoked27
04-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Holy chit so in brahs, lifetime Steeler fan and never saw this thread before!

As for the draft, CB has to be the hands down pick in the 1st this year. It's been a problem and need for a very long time. Lake has done the best with what he had the past couple years but we need someone who is going to come in and make an impact right away. Gay really turned it around last year, hope he can keep it going.

Really excited for this season, the strength of schedule doesn't bother me much, just gonna make everyone have to step up that much more each week, no taking weeks off like last year.........Jets/Bucs

Backus21
04-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Cant wait for the draft, and I wouldnt mind a LB after a CB or 2, we got Harrison another year and hopefully he can teach these phaggots how to wreak havoc on the field and put in that work off the field, with some good veteran leadership.

Always crazy to watch his facebook and all his lifting clips, dude lifts insane amounts of weight.

Kinda wanting to see what Keth has to say this year, always love reading his posts about the draft and players he thinks would fit good.

Keth brah where you at? lol

Indeed. I look forward to this time of year anyway but Keth always comes in and talks about players that I don't know about and finds the diamonds in the later rounds. Even if Pittsburgh doesn't draft those players he talks about it's stil cool to keep tabs on them and they almost always turn into studs....(still pissed off we didn't draft Jamie Collins who was keths boy. He's an animal.)

EnglishRay
04-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Draft incoming, any young talent you want picked?

JimFromRaleigh1
04-29-2015, 12:18 PM

Steelers really have holes everywhere but QB/RB/WR. If I had to prioritize, it would be CB, LB, D-LINE, O-LINE

EnglishRay
04-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Steelers really have holes everywhere but QB/RB/WR. If I had to prioritize, it would be CB, LB, D-LINE, O-LINE

Thx, I am always awful at the draft, barely understand the concept still after like 8 years of watching NFL, being a Brit.

jross2021
04-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Thx, I am always awful at the draft, barely understand the concept still after like 8 years of watching NFL, being a Brit.

If you want actual breakdown of player by player, you have to go awaken keth from hibernation.

JimFromRaleigh1
04-29-2015, 12:43 PM

If Maurkice Pouncey is healthy, the line seems to be okay. When he gets hurt it falls to crap.

However defensive back has typically been a weakness for the Steelers. Drafting, and having those picks pan out will help out a ton.

Mitch1313
04-29-2015, 12:47 PM

I usually just wait to see what Keth has to say.

Hes like a walking draft board know it all, its awesome lol.

I just hope we draft what we need, and start off better this year than last year.

I wonder if Bell is going to appeal his suspension or just let it go.

Should only be 1-2 games but Roger Douchedell hate the Steelers.

EnglishRay
04-29-2015, 01:08 PM
If Maurkice Pouncey is healthy, the line seems to be okay. When he gets hurt it falls to crap.

However defensive back has typically been a weakness for the Steelers. Drafting, and having those picks pan out will help out a ton.

The way I see it we are usually decent at drafting fast RBs and WRs.

I feel our defense surely needs a step up.

Read that there are no plans to fill in for Troy, which makes sense as we have safeties already.

I do finally understand how the draft works now, which is a bonus.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2015, 07:06 PM

Trae Waynes
Kevin Johnson

However, if a player like Randy Gregory falls to 1.22 I believe we will select BPA based of "need". I still say OLB is a massive need as Harrison can't play forever.

jimowudi
04-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Go Steelers!

mjf10
04-30-2015, 12:57 PM
I highly doubt Peters is the pick at 22 as a lot of people have mocked him there. He considers Marshawn Lynch a mentor, which is about I all I need to say about that.

Maybe CB Kevin Johnson is in play at 22 if all the top tier pass rushers and high value guys are off their board. The steelers cannot afford to keep playing third day cornerback roulette and praying one of those guys pans out.

With that being said I don't think the tiers between the corners available are so rigid that the Steelers must address CB in round 1. Steelers should go value as they usually do in round 1 and hopefully a solid corner such as Byron Jones, PJ Williams, Jalen Collins, Rowe from Utah or Carter from Stanford is available in the second.

Mitch1313
04-30-2015, 05:53 PM
I highly doubt Peters is the pick at 22 as a lot of people have mocked him there. He considers Marshawn Lynch a mentor, which is about I all I need to say about that.

Maybe CB Kevin Johnson is in play at 22 if all the top tier pass rushers and high value guys are off their board. The steelers cannot afford to keep playing third day cornerback roulette and praying one of those guys pans out.

With that being said I don't think the tiers between the corners available are so rigid that the Steelers must address CB in round 1. Steelers should go value as they usually do in round 1 and hopefully a solid corner such as Byron Jones, PJ Williams, Jalen Collins, Rowe from Utah or Carter from Stanford is available in the second.

Whats wrong with Lynch?

He does a lot of charity work and you dont hear about it because the media only wants to portray him poorly, dude goes all out for Oakland and his foundation.

Lynch is an outstanding person off the field actually, just doesnt want to talk to the media because they always twist peoples words. Fukk the media.

That aside, I agree with you and hope we get what we need in the draft.
I've seen a lot of people saying we will pick a Safety first, who knows guess we will find out soon.

jross2021
05-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Is Keth okay?

mjf10
05-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Whats wrong with Lynch?

A lot, actually. He would be on a short list of players in which I would not want potential draft picks to list as their "mentors".

And I'm not speaking just in regards to his dealings with the media, although that type of relationship with the media would not be considered ideal by most franchises, lol. Saying "fukk the media" is laughable as the media is the driving force of the pro football culture.

Lynch has been arrested various times. He once got caught for DUI hours before one of his football camps. He's been caught with loaded handguns in backpacks, he's been involved with a hit and run during his time in Buffalo. This is just the stuff he's been charged with, not to mention the various assaults he has been investigated in.

This is also not to mention his attitude on the field is not the type of attitude a franchise would like to see emulated from their first round pick. Glad Peters and others got drafted where they did so the board shook out in a way the Steelers could get Dupree. I didn't think Jones or Collins were worth the pick at 22. Hopefully tonight they grab Rowe or Carter.

Backus21
05-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Since we went with a pass rusher in round one I'm really hoping we get a CB in round 2. I doubt this happens but I would be so happy if Jalen Collins falls a bit in the 2nd and we trade up and get him. We would fill our 2 biggest needs with the OLB/CB selections in the first two rounds.

And also, I miss keth...that is all

JimFromRaleigh1
05-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Adam Schefter reporting Steelers in talks with Titans to grab the no. 33 pick.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Well we got our CB and OLB...however I'm unsure as to who the hell this CB is we got. He seems small?

JimFromRaleigh1
05-01-2015, 08:02 PM
God damn the Steelers WR corp is loaded

Coates is a beast. He is athletic as hell.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-01-2015, 08:03 PM
God damn the Steelers WR corp is loaded

Coates is a beast. He is athletic as hell.

Not exactly what we needed...a guy to play 4th WR...with a 3rd round pick?

JimFromRaleigh1
05-01-2015, 08:05 PM

Sometimes you have to pick the best available player. I know it is not a need pick, but this guy really has potential to be a strong #2 WR.

Still need some defensive line help.

ko5567
05-01-2015, 08:46 PM

If Coates can fix his drops, he's going to be an incredible player. He has a ridiculous upside.

jross2021
05-01-2015, 09:26 PM

Steelers have always gone with what they consider BPA. I don't watch much college ball but I know Sammie Coates is a monster. From what I remember, he's a deep threat.

Edit: LMAO at his NFL.com overview.

WEAKNESSES Won't be on quarterback's Christmas card list.

Also, lmao at his NFL Comparison: Martavis Bryant.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-02-2015, 06:28 AM
Sometimes you have to pick the best available player. I know it is not a need pick, but this guy really has potential to be a strong #2 WR.

Still need some defensive line help.

I don't see Coates as being the BPA there. I agree, the Steelers tend to go BPA, but lets go BPA of a position of need. With Brown, Wheaton and Bryant we are set for a few years at WR.

If Coates can fix his drops, he's going to be an incredible player. He has a ridiculous upside.

We probably won't find out because there's no way he leapfrogs Brown or Bryant IMO. Again a 3rd round pick that probably won't play much.

IF Coates doesn't fix his drops we've really wasted a 3rd round pick where there could have been someone we can use.

Steelers have always gone with what they consider BPA. I don't watch much college ball but I know Sammie Coates is a monster. From what I remember, he's a deep threat.

Edit: LMAO at his NFL.com overview.

WEAKNESSES Won't be on quarterback's Christmas card list.

Also, lmao at his NFL Comparison: Martavis Bryant.

Exactly he "compares" to Martavis Bryant...like I've said numerous times now...we already know he isn't leapfroging Brown. Bryant...I doubt because of what he did last year and his "upside". Possibly Wheaton, but I think Wheaton is better suited as a WR3 in the slot.

This whole draft needed to be DEFENSE.

Mitch1313
05-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Looking solid so far.

Cant complain with the WR pick, never know if someone gets injured or anything happens.

Got a back up TE for Heath, we've been needing that. 6 foot 7 260 lbs, could be a beast if he learns and studies from well from Heath.

2 CB and a OLB.

Heard more good than bad for all 3 of the defensive picks.

Still got 3 more picks, I'm already excited for this year.

WannaGetYoked27
09-10-2015, 08:25 AM
BUMP this chit!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

WannaGetYoked27
09-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Bruhs this is GAME DAY! Let's hear the love!

Sikhveins
09-10-2015, 11:37 AM
How do you guys feel?

got $100 riding on you foo's

I like Pitt's chances tonight. Strictly offense would be winning this game for ya'll doe.

CockeyJamel
09-10-2015, 11:43 AM
How do you guys feel?

got $100 riding on you foo's

I like Pitt's chances tonight. Strictly offense would be winning this game for ya'll doe.

i agree. would have to be the offense. Roethlisberger has played well against the pats in recent years. but Brady always ****ing plays well against. and those linebackers they have are pretty good.

WannaGetYoked27
09-10-2015, 12:12 PM
i agree. would have to be the offense. Roethlisberger has played well against the pats in recent years. but Brady always ****ing plays well against. and those linebackers they have are pretty good.

Agreed, with Bell I'd have the utmost confidence. But without a run game it's on Ben and no Pouncey so the blitz will be on. Gonna be a high scoring game but we can pull it off. They have no one for Antonio

EnglishRay
09-11-2015, 10:07 AM
So early in the season, so I am not really that concerned with last nights performance.

Issues seem for me to simply lie with Pouncey being out making a hole in the center whichj less talented guys are failing to fill, questionable play calling and overall terrible performance by the Defense highlighted by the lack of coverage of Gronk.

Overall, average performance, can do far better, just need to warm into it, defence needs to work harder in practice and Bell and Bryant coming back would be nice despite Williams killing it last night in RB.

WannaGetYoked27
09-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Williams filled in more than admirably, really ran well. O line looked pretty good despite Pouncey being out, only gave up the 1 sack I believe and no negative run plays aside from the potato trick play in the 1st qtr which killed the drive. The O was legit out there even without 2 weapons and that moron botching 2 fgs badly. The D is clearly the problem and they better correct that chit right quick

FormulaLT1poweR
09-11-2015, 02:05 PM
The defense is awful...aside from Shazier playing half way decent...I can't name one player who had a "good game" on that side of the ball.

The entire offense looked good IMO. Imagine what Bell would have done?!

Bring on San Fran so we can get a win!

DAVEZILLA
11-24-2015, 06:54 PM
wtf happen to this thread??...

thegenerel
01-05-2016, 09:21 AM
wtf happen to this thread??...

I rarely post anymore, I havent seen kethnaab around either :/

BishsBMirin
01-05-2016, 10:00 AM
No structural damage in Deangelo Williams' ankle thank god. They desperately need him this weekend. Even with the best receiver trio in the league we still need balance.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Nice bump! Been to 3 Steelers games (@STL, @KC, vs DEN). Hope we can pull it off this weekend, DWill would help tremendously.

BishsBMirin
01-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Nice bump! Been to 3 Steelers games (@STL, @KC, vs DEN). Hope we can pull it off this weekend, DWill would help tremendously.

Only went to the STL game. Living in Illinois sucks :(

FormulaLT1poweR
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Only went to the STL game. Living in Illinois sucks :(

I live in Iowa...so it's even worse for me.

On that note, my Steelers @ Bengals Wild Card tickets are on their way, and will be delivered tomorrow!!!

Misctify
01-06-2016, 05:38 PM
What's the latest on D Will as far as playing? Heard they're looking at Ray Rice. Wouldnt mind as long as he doesn't ****ing around like Jones did.

Mitch1313
01-09-2016, 09:58 PM
lol @ the classless, disgrace of a team and fan base the Bengals are.

Glad we sent them home crying.

Hope that dirty POS Burfict gets fined and suspended, same with phagman Jones

JimFromRaleigh1
01-09-2016, 10:51 PM
What's the latest on D Will as far as playing? Heard they're looking at Ray Rice. Wouldnt mind as long as he doesn't ****ing around like Jones did.

I do not think the Steelers need Ray Rice. Touisant (spelling?) looked good.

Steelers are fcuked without Ben and AB84.

Mitch1313
01-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Keth brah, where have you been lol?

Thanks for the reps, but ****, havent seen you in here all season :( always love your input.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-11-2016, 11:35 AM
lol @ the classless, disgrace of a team and fan base the Bengals are.

Glad we sent them home crying.

Hope that dirty POS Burfict gets fined and suspended, same with phagman Jones

I was in Paul Brown Stadium for that epic game...and the Bengals fans are absolutely the worst bunch I've been around thus far.

They wanted flags every play, cheered when our guys got hurt (AB and Ben), threw garbage on the field, started fights in the bathrooms/concourse/outside the stadium. It was my Dad's first NFL game experience and he couldn't believe how these people were acting.

I get the 26 years of disappointment, constant playoff failures etc, but there is no reason to act the way they did. TV didn't even show half of what went on there. For 3 quarters they were absolutely disgusting...once they got the lead in the 4th, they wanted to be cool. When we won; they had no fight left in them...and were completely deflated!

BishsBMirin
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
I was in Paul Brown Stadium for that epic game...and the Bengals fans are absolutely the worst bunch I've been around thus far.

They wanted flags every play, cheered when our guys got hurt (AB and Ben), threw garbage on the field, started fights in the bathrooms/concourse/outside the stadium. It was my Dad's first NFL game experience and he couldn't believe how these people were acting.

I get the 26 years of disappointment, constant playoff failures etc, but there is no reason to act the way they did. TV didn't even show half of what went on there. For 3 quarters they were absolutely disgusting...once they got the lead in the 4th, they wanted to be cool. When we won; they had no fight left in them...and were completely deflated!

I'm sorry you had to deal with those worthless piece of chit fans. But i'm also glad you got to witness that epic finish in person. Crazy ending to a crazy game.

Batdan9
01-11-2016, 12:48 PM

classless as can be. they deserved that. poetic justice. and lmao just lmao @joey porter trolling them into another flag. classic

FormulaLT1poweR
01-12-2016, 08:02 AM
I'm sorry you had to deal with those worthless piece of chit fans. But i'm also glad you got to witness that epic finish in person. Crazy ending to a crazy game.

It's all good...I was so glad I didn't take my 7 year old son. Instead took my Dad who obviously understood what these idiots were doing, etc. This was by far the best game I've ever been to. Now trying to find my way into Denver! :)

classless as can be. they deserved that. poetic justice. and lmao just lmao @joey porter trolling them into another flag. classic

Yes, they absolutely HATE Joey Porter (coach & player), but I think their most hated Steeler is Ben Roethlisberger.

JimFromRaleigh1
01-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Landry better be getting extra reps this week.

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 10:24 AM
It's all good...I was so glad I didn't take my 7 year old son. Instead took my Dad who obviously understood what these idiots were doing, etc. This was by far the best game I've ever been to. Now trying to find my way into Denver! :)

Yes, they absolutely HATE Joey Porter (coach & player), but I think their most hated Steeler is Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm so jealous. Take me with you bro lol. I wore my white authentic Joey Porter jersey while I was watching this game too. It was perfect.

WannaGetYoked27
01-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Here we go STEELERS!!! Banged up as hell, but playing with house money from here on out. Sneak one out in Denver and watch out!

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LHEOSgd.jpg

I was Joey Porter for Halloween in 2014 lol

WannaGetYoked27
01-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Arms look like James Harrison! Fuark brah mirin.........no bish

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Arms look like James Harrison! Fuark brah mirin.........no bish

Thanks brutha

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7H8pdzS.jpg

#1 Steelers fan

Batdan9
01-12-2016, 12:35 PM

Yeah, caz Ben is what? Like 21-2 all-time against the Bungals?

JimFromRaleigh1
01-12-2016, 12:55 PM

lol at you looking ripped and your brah looking poverty

Batdan9
01-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Bungals fans SOOOO fuking mad ..."Steelers have been dirty for years..." fuk that...Steelers have always hit mother fukers hard and pounded teams even when they had all those years of losing seasons. Most fans just mad their organizations could never bring the wood as consistently as the Steelers.

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 01:04 PM
lol at you looking ripped and your brah looking poverty

Lol that's my chithead little cousin. I think he was 15 here. But I always give him chit about this picture haha

BishsBMirin
01-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Bungals fans SOOOO fuking mad ..."Steelers have been dirty for years..." fuk that...Steelers have always hit mother fukers hard and pounded teams even when they had all those years of losing seasons. Most fans just mad their organizations could never bring the wood as consistently as the Steelers.

This is true. Bengals fans are the worst. That's not even a biased opinion coming from a die hard Steelers fan. It's pretty bad when I hear Ravens fans defending the Steelers. The Bengals are trash. They try to compare Joey Porter and James Harrison coming off the edge and ripping peoples heads off to punk ass hits on defenseless receivers. And they have so much to say about Joey Porter's trash talking yet have a short memory when it comes to their trashy fans throwing cans at Big Ben when he is being carted off the field.

Batdan9
01-12-2016, 01:29 PM
This is true. Bengals fans are the worst. That's not even a biased opinion coming from a die hard Steelers fan. It's pretty bad when I hear Ravens fans defending the Steelers. The Bengals are trash. They try to compare Joey Porter and James Harrison coming off the edge and ripping peoples heads off to punk ass hits on defenseless receivers. And they have so much to say about Joey Porter's trash talking yet have a short memory when it comes to their trashy fans throwing cans at Big Ben when he is being carted off the field.

This 100%. Jack Lambert, Greg LLoyd...man all of the crew thru the years smashed Bengals teams. And exactly. hard fuking hits arent the fuking same as Burfict making a "legal" tackle but OBVIOUSLY coming down hard on players to PURPOSELY injure them. Fuk outta here.

BishsBMirin
01-13-2016, 08:48 AM
This 100%. Jack Lambert, Greg LLoyd...man all of the crew thru the years smashed Bengals teams. And exactly. hard fuking hits arent the fuking same as Burfict making a "legal" tackle but OBVIOUSLY coming down hard on players to PURPOSELY injure them. Fuk outta here.

It makes my blood boil that there are still reports and articles coming out on Wednesday about how dirty the Steelers are. Vontaze Burfict's sack on Ben was not illegal but it was more than obvious he was coming down as hard as he could. Yet you don't hear Steeler's fan bitching about it. Our fukin quarterback may not even be able to throw the damn ball this weekend and you don't hear us crying about it. It's all about how Shazier's hit on GB was illegal and how Vontaze's hit on Antonio Brown wasn't illegal. By definition in this league's soft ass definition of rules, you could justify Shazier's hit as leading with his helmet. But making a football move AFTER YOU HAVE THE BALL SECURED and turning straight into a bang bang tackle is far from what should be illegal and VERY far from hitting a defenseless receiver. What would happen if Shazier went low and blew GB's knee out? What the fuk are you supposed to do in that situation sidestep and hope you can wrap his legs up softly? GTFO. I never thought I would despise an organization more than the Ravens but at least when we play them its hard nose football for 60 minutes with none of this bullchit following. Fuk the Bengals and their trash fan base.

Batdan9
01-14-2016, 01:58 PM
It makes my blood boil that there are still reports and articles coming out on Wednesday about how dirty the Steelers are. Vontaze Burfict's sack on Ben was not illegal but it was more than obvious he was coming down as hard as he could. Yet you don't hear Steeler's fan bitching about it. Our fukin quarterback may not even be able to throw the damn ball this weekend and you don't hear us crying about it. It's all about how Shazier's hit on GB was illegal and how Vontaze's hit on Antonio Brown wasn't illegal. By definition in this league's soft ass definition of rules, you could justify Shazier's hit as leading with his helmet. But making a football move AFTER YOU HAVE THE BALL SECURED and turning straight into a bang bang tackle is far from what should be illegal and VERY far from hitting a defenseless receiver. What would happen if Shazier went low and blew GB's knee out? What the fuk are you supposed to do in that situation sidestep and hope you can wrap his legs up softly? GTFO. I never thought I would despise an organization more than the Ravens but at least when we play them its hard nose football for 60 minutes with none of this bullchit following. Fuk the Bengals and their trash fan base.

lmao agree 100% on everything you said.....Ravens-Steelers rivalry had RESPECT....some of the hardest hitting games ever, but the Bengals are the re-incarnation of the '70s scumbag Raiders

BishsBMirin
09-14-2016, 12:21 PM
2016 thoughts so far anyone?

FormulaLT1poweR
09-14-2016, 03:49 PM
2016 thoughts so far anyone?

Offense looks amazing...could only imagine what it would be with Ladarius Green, Bryant and Bell. OL seems to be very underrated, they are finally getting it together and some consistency. Ben and Brown...if they both stay healthy, the record books could be re-written.

Defense seems to be bending, but not breaking. We played a ton of zone Monday Night, which worries me...as I feel like any decent QB could pick us apart pretty easily. I was shocked they didn't run more quick things to Desean or send him deep more frequently. Shazier needs to stay healthy to really make an impact.

I really liked the offseason moves, Green, Gilbert and Mettenberger could be some key pieces. I even like they went out and got David Cobb as well. Health will play a big part to our success!

BishsBMirin
09-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Offense looks amazing...could only imagine what it would be with Ladarius Green, Bryant and Bell. OL seems to be very underrated, they are finally getting it together and some consistency. Ben and Brown...if they both stay healthy, the record books could be re-written.

Defense seems to be bending, but not breaking. We played a ton of zone Monday Night, which worries me...as I feel like any decent QB could pick us apart pretty easily. I was shocked they didn't run more quick things to Desean or send him deep more frequently. Shazier needs to stay healthy to really make an impact.

I really liked the offseason moves, Green, Gilbert and Mettenberger could be some key pieces. I even like they went out and got David Cobb as well. Health will play a big part to our success!

I agree on all of this. I hate the thought of what the offense would be with Bryant there all season. I like Jesse James. I grew up watching Heath Miller so it is definitely weird. Shazier has to stay healthy being the best athlete on the defense. Secondary is suspect and I feel like a Tom Brady or even a healthy Flacco/Dalton could slowly pick apart the defense. Pass rush needs to pick it up as well. Ben and Antonio are unstoppable and once Bell comes back they will have a consistent run game for the entire game because once Bell takes a Break, in comes D-Will. One of a kind offense that's for sure. On a side not, I posted this in another thread. I will be using my wizardry this year.

http://i64.tinypic.com/9j18na.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/125gsk6.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
09-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Awesome wizardry!!!

I'm actually looking for tickets to a few games in Pittsburgh. Last year I went to 4 Steelers games (@St Louis, @Kansas City, vsDenver, vsCinncinatti (Wild Card Game).

Trying to go vs Dallas, and @Indy this year...we shall see!

EnglishRay
01-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Superbowl 51 is number 7. We got this

FormulaLT1poweR
01-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

EnglishRay
01-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Pretty impressed with that game against Miami to be honest! Thought it would be more of a struggle, as I know Moore is a good back up.

What are we thinking about the game against KC? I haven't seen much of them this season for some reason. Are they looking decent?

Hardcore_D00d
01-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Pretty impressed with that game against Miami to be honest! Thought it would be more of a struggle, as I know Moore is a good back up.

What are we thinking about the game against KC? I haven't seen much of them this season for some reason. Are they looking decent?

KC is a legit contender

FormulaLT1poweR
01-09-2017, 04:24 PM

KC is a legit contender

KC is a good team, and even better at Arrowhead. Recent history...we don't play well there at all.

I think we got the better team, but home field advantage could be huge for them.

DAVEZILLA
01-10-2017, 11:48 AM
looks like Big Ben is going to play...going to need him this week...

FormulaLT1poweR
01-10-2017, 04:27 PM
looks like Big Ben is going to play...going to need him this week...

There was never a doubt...he absolutely has to play; and play well. We don't win without him.

I'd absolutely love it if Houston can find a way to knock of New England!!

WannaGetYoked27
01-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Ben is a warrior he'll play but dumb as fuk for Tomlin to keep him in there in a chippy game that long.

Either way KC is no joke, couple friends of mine blowing them off because how bad we beat them week 4 and they're not even close to the same. Hill on special teams scares me and our mid zone D has be AWFUL for a couple weeks now so Kelce might feast. IMO spy Smith, use Shazier and Davis to shadow Kelce and punt everything OOB and we can get it done.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

FormulaLT1poweR
01-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Well familiar area...AFCC in Foxboro.

Goodness I hope we can pull it off. Beating Brady in NE is no easy task!

BishsBMirin
01-18-2017, 04:57 PM
Well familiar area...AFCC in Foxboro.

Goodness I hope we can pull it off. Beating Brady in NE is no easy task!

I went to the game in KC and it was amazing. Definitely need to put the ball in the end zone this weekend!!

EnglishRay
03-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Shame that Brady pulled it out in the end.

What are people's thoughts about the current situation with not signing some big defensive names?

I was a little dissappointed with the Hightower situation I must admit. Signed Hunter which is a low risk, good business decision. However, we do need some defensive power. Assume we are just waiting till the draft and will do as standard and attempt to raise talent ourselves.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Shame that Brady pulled it out in the end.

What are people's thoughts about the current situation with not signing some big defensive names?

I was a little dissappointed with the Hightower situation I must admit. Signed Hunter which is a low risk, good business decision. However, we do need some defensive power. Assume we are just waiting till the draft and will do as standard and attempt to raise talent ourselves.

We were extremely quiet this offseason which kind of disappointed me. We had the most cap space available in a long time, and a very deep CB free agent market.

We got Hunter, Knile Davis, Coty Sensabaugh and now Alualu...none of which are going to make an immediate impact.

I'm actually glad they didn't sign Hightower, they just gave Vince Williams an extension last offseason, so time to see if that was a good move or not. I would have rather them gotten a better CB than another overpriced MLB.

Draft will absolutely be on the defense again, probably BPA like usual.

SeanFxxx
03-23-2017, 09:07 AM
What's the delay with Bryant's reinstatement? Is there more to the Justin Hunter signing than meets the eye?

FormulaLT1poweR
03-28-2017, 04:17 PM
What's the delay with Bryant's reinstatement? Is there more to the Justin Hunter signing than meets the eye?

The NFL can take its time with Bryant's reinstatement. It's literally in their hands now, and I don't believe they have a deadline to answer to.

Justin Hunter will be nothing more than a WR3 for our team. He's a taller guy, with some speed...but has never had a QB. I see him more of a DHB type of WR for the Steelers.

FormulaLT1poweR
06-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Thoughts on the draft?!?

BishsBMirin
06-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Thoughts on the draft?!?

I was ok with it. We still need another middle linebacker but Watt was a decent pick. I highly doubt Dobbs will take over Big Bens throne when he is done, and JuJu will make our receiver cycle endless. We just need these young defensive backs to develop. I miss the polamalu, young Ike taylor, deshea Townsend, Ryan Clark days.

SeanFxxx
06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
I was ok with it. We still need another middle linebacker but Watt was a decent pick. I highly doubt Dobbs will take over Big Bens throne when he is done, and JuJu will make our receiver cycle endless. We just need these young defensive backs to develop. I miss the polamalu, young Ike taylor, deshea Townsend, Ryan Clark days.

I just don't get why so many people are down on our secondary. For the first time in a while we have young talent, let's just give them time to develop. This isn't the 8 year period of Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott Imagine if we get ANYTHING from Senquez Golson?

FormulaLT1poweR
06-19-2017, 07:23 PM

I just don't get why so many people are down on our secondary. For the first time in a while we have young talent, let's just give them time to develop. This isn't the 8 year period of Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott Imagine if we get ANYTHING from Senquez Golson?

Gotta agree, our secondary actually has some very young talent. Artie Burns and Sean Davis really made some strides last season. If Gholson can even play, that would be great!

Our DBs look like trash due to the soft cover-2 zone that gets shredded by any decent QB.

BishsBMirin
08-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Also agree. Our receivers are VERY valuable to our defense. Lining up against those receivers day in and day out is great for those young DBs. Man I'm excited for tomorrow night.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Also agree. Our receivers are VERY valuable to our defense. Lining up against those receivers day in and day out is great for those young DBs. Man I'm excited for tomorrow night.

I didn't get to see much of the game, seen we won...not that it means a lot.

Sounded like Watt was pretty impressive in his debut. Dobbs, I'd actually like to watch the game and see what happened with his INTs.

We say it every year...we've got a good team, but we HAVE to beat the Patriots.

BOAJUICY
08-13-2017, 04:04 PM
BAD team no playmake defense watt brother not good football kid no football iq

BOZZ
08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
BAD team no playmake defense watt brother not good football kid no football iq

English???

BishsBMirin
08-13-2017, 07:52 PM
I didn't get to see much of the game, seen we won...not that it means a lot.

Sounded like Watt was pretty impressive in his debut. Dobbs, I'd actually like to watch the game and see what happened with his INTs.

We say it every year...we've got a good team, but we HAVE to beat the Patriots.

We need a pass rush to beat the Patriots. Need to play solid man to man coverage and if we can't get to Brady we are good as dead again. I swear if we play soft zone against Brady again I'll have an aneurysm.

BishsBMirin
08-13-2017, 07:55 PM
English???

Mod presence in our boring thread. We finally made it Steelers brahs.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-15-2017, 04:29 PM
We need a pass rush to beat the Patriots. Need to play solid man to man coverage and if we can't get to Brady we are good as dead again. I swear if we play soft zone against Brady again I'll have an aneurysm.

Pass Rush may be there, seems like we are getting a lot younger up front.

Cover 2 Soft Zone will still be the death of the Steelers...again. I have heard good things about Artie Burns, but I want to see it. Even with that, we need more than just him back there. Brady will easily move around their WRs, and avoid Burns if he is our lock down guy.

I can't wait for the season to start, but I'm fully expected to be disappointed again at the end of the year. I can see us winning the AFCN and falling just short of the Super Bowl again.

WannaGetYoked27
08-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Need someone to take out the Pats unfortunately! I think our D might surprise some but will still be middle of the pack at best against the pass. The offense however looks to be sizzling hot with Marty back and some of the younger receivers coming along. Line was solid last year just keep that going and we will outscore about anyone. Ratbirds hurting, bungs are the bungs and Cle is usual trash we should cruise to the AFCN title as long as Tomlin keeps them up for crappy teams (which he normally fails at)

FormulaLT1poweR
08-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Need someone to take out the Pats unfortunately! I think our D might surprise some but will still be middle of the pack at best against the pass. The offense however looks to be sizzling hot with Marty back and some of the younger receivers coming along. Line was solid last year just keep that going and we will outscore about anyone. Ratbirds hurting, bungs are the bungs and Cle is usual trash we should cruise to the AFCN title as long as Tomlin keeps them up for crappy teams (which he normally fails at)

Tomlin seems to lets us down during those "easy" games.

I seen somewhere the Steelers were the 2nd most likely in the AFC to win the Super Bowl according to Las Vegas bettors.

SeanFxxx
08-22-2017, 12:37 PM

Just to clarify, I said 'IMAGINE.' All the Mike Mitchell haters have gone quiet this preseason as well, he's a huge part of this secondary. It's not really our nature, but I'm curious if we make a move for a corner before the season, Cockrell is terrible.

BishsBMirin
08-22-2017, 03:05 PM

We need someone to at least beat them up before they get to us. Unfortunately, they will more than likely get a bye so unless the Texans can rough them up en route to a loss or the Raiders/Chiefs can take them out, we will be stuck with those bastards again.

Just to clarify, I said 'IMAGINE.' All the Mike Mitchell haters have gone quiet this preseason as well, he's a huge part of this secondary. It's not really our nature, but I'm curious if we make a move for a corner before the season, Cockrell is terrible.

Cockrell is absolutely terrible. Only thing going for us in regards to the secondary is the fact that our corners are going against the best, day in and day out in practice. Agreed on Mitchell too.

BishsBMirin
08-22-2017, 03:10 PM

We need someone to at least beat them up before they get to us. Unfortunately, they will more than likely get a bye so unless the Texans can rough them up en route to a loss, or the Raiders/Chiefs can take them out, we will be stuck with those bastards again.

Agreed. Cockrell is horrible. Only thing going for our secondary is going against the best of the best, day in and day out in practice. I just wish we would bring in someone worthy every few years. Love that we stick to our roots, but there comes a time where a big free agent signing could make all the difference for us.

SeanFxxx
08-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Cockrell is absolutely terrible. Only thing going for us in regards to the secondary is the fact that our corners are going against the best, day in and day out in practice. Agreed on Mitchell too.

I've thought about this, do you think it reaches a point where you get burned time after time and your confidence is just shot?

BishsBMirin
08-24-2017, 11:21 AM
I've thought about this, do you think it reaches a point where you get burned time after time and your confidence is just shot?

That is a great point. I guess I have just tried to be as optimistic as possible and didn't look at it that way. I would assume it depends on the fight in the individual player as well as how AB and the other receivers pick them up. If AB throws the ball at them and says "you suck bitch" after every play then I would assume they would shut down. I would like to think they just know how talented these receivers are and are picked up and mentored by the guys on how to stop them. Then again, getting your ass kicked day in and day out is not for the weak. I guess we will see brother. Great point nonetheless.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
That is a great point. I guess I have just tried to be as optimistic as possible and didn't look at it that way. I would assume it depends on the fight in the individual player as well as how AB and the other receivers pick them up. If AB throws the ball at them and says "you suck bitch" after every play then I would assume they would shut down. I would like to think they just know how talented these receivers are and are picked up and mentored by the guys on how to stop them. Then again, getting your ass kicked day in and day out is not for the weak. I guess we will see brother. Great point nonetheless.

I read an article saying AB loves going against Artie Burns. Basically its 50/50 on who "wins" the matchup.

When Burns went out with an injury, AB said "where's Artie, this is too easy". Here's to hoping they are both making each other better?!

BishsBMirin
08-26-2017, 07:33 PM
I read an article saying AB loves going against Artie Burns. Basically its 50/50 on who "wins" the matchup.

When Burns went out with an injury, AB said "where's Artie, this is too easy". Here's to hoping they are both making each other better?!

Amen to that. Hoping for the best. Now let's get through the pre-season healthy!

BishsBMirin
08-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Steelers are finally about to sign someone big. I swear if they don't pull the trigger on this I will lose my chit. Fingers crossed boyos

iamgenus
08-30-2017, 10:53 AM
I think you guys will be pretty happy with McDonald. His hands have been inconsistent but he can definitely move and block.

WannaGetYoked27
08-30-2017, 01:55 PM
SO stoked on Haden. If he stays healthy and Artie keeps progressing I like our DB situation a lot better. Really shocked to see the Steelers do such a thing but extremely happy!

FormulaLT1poweR
08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
SO stoked on Haden. If he stays healthy and Artie keeps progressing I like our DB situation a lot better. Really shocked to see the Steelers do such a thing but extremely happy!

I'm very happy with the Haden move.

Seems like our front office realizes now is the time and started making some moves. Last 2 days we've been aggressive and smart.

Time to get #7!!

Doober4
08-30-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm very happy with the Haden move.

Seems like our front office realizes now is the time and started making some moves. Last 2 days we've been aggressive and smart.

Time to get #7!!

Haden won't be the move to put you in super bowl contention.

FormulaLT1poweR
08-30-2017, 03:25 PM

We were in Super Bowl contention without Haden...?

Misctify
08-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Lol, yeah. Addressing a huge weakness on the team surely won't help us be in super bowl contention when they were already in super bowl contention. Thanks for your player brah.

Doober4
08-30-2017, 04:34 PM
This is why steelers fans are bandwagon retards^^

kethnaab
08-30-2017, 10:43 PM

says a Browns fan whose team is, as usual, bleeding talent.

we were in the AFC Championship game last season. We were already in Super Bowl contention. Enjoy another 4-12 season, now run along.

Backus21
08-31-2017, 09:03 AM
says a Browns fan whose team is, as usual, bleeding talent.

we were in the AFC Championship game last season. We were already in Super Bowl contention. Enjoy another 4-12 season, now run along.

The king still lives..

turk75
08-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Being a Browns fan I've watched Joe his entire career & met him personally a couple times at training camp, and at a few clubs downtown - Totally a great guy, willing to chit chat and embraces the fans like I've never seen a player do before. I really hope he can become the player he was a few years ago, and stay healthy for y'all.

kethnaab
08-31-2017, 03:54 PM
The king still lives..

hehe....yeah, out of the military, retired, teaching myself a new career so been a bit busy. :P

Backus21
08-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Yeah I haven't posted much the last couple years because the section as a whole isn't a fun as it used to be. I've always kept up with it though especially this thread along with a few other official threads/old classic posters

Upshall18
08-31-2017, 04:06 PM
hehe....yeah, out of the military, retired, teaching myself a new career so been a bit busy. :P

Dang you been gone a while. Start with the last Superbowl during the 2010 season to catch up

kethnaab
09-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Dang you been gone a while. Start with the last Superbowl during the 2010 season to catch up

hehe...not quite that long, but yeah. Got out Jan 2016, so late 2014 I pretty much began focusing entirely on getting new career skills and prepping to GTFO. It worked. I transitioned smoothly, started a new career while I was still on terminal leave in the military, so I had some time where I was drawing double paychecks.

side note - let's all say a prayer for Joe Haden's health this season.

kethnaab
09-10-2017, 08:47 PM
so, in TJ Watt's first game in the NFL, he generated more impact plays than that pathetic sack of gutter$hit Jarvis Jones did in his entire NFL career.

I still want to smack Colbert and Tomlin in the f'ing teeth for drafting that lazy $hitbag (yas still angery)

dupaloop3611
09-11-2017, 04:27 AM
TJ Watt is a fukkin beast

BishsBMirin
09-11-2017, 04:47 AM
so, in TJ Watt's first game in the NFL, he generated more impact plays than that pathetic sack of gutter$hit Jarvis Jones did in his entire NFL career.

I still want to smack Colbert and Tomlin in the f'ing teeth for drafting that lazy $hitbag (yas still angery)

I agree. Just thinking about other players we could have had pisses me off. Chick is looking like a beast too. A steady pass rush is exactly what we need to beat the Pats. Over 100 yards in penalties though...that's a death wish

kethnaab
09-12-2017, 08:35 AM
I agree. Just thinking about other players we could have had pisses me off. Chick is looking like a beast too. A steady pass rush is exactly what we need to beat the Pats. Over 100 yards in penalties though...that's a death wish

Chick's a good pass rusher and ST guy but his coverage and run D kinda make me wince (still better than Jervis ever was). TJ looks like the complete package. So happy we grabbed him. Now, we just gotta get Bell and the OL back in sync and get Bryant to remember how to catch a football, and we should be golden.

Tuitt might've torn a biceps and be out for the season though. Glad we picked up Alualu, who can at least hold down the fort

WannaGetYoked27
09-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Chick's a good pass rusher and ST guy but his coverage and run D kinda make me wince (still better than Jervis ever was). TJ looks like the complete package. So happy we grabbed him. Now, we just gotta get Bell and the OL back in sync and get Bryant to remember how to catch a football, and we should be golden.

Tuitt might've torn a biceps and be out for the season though. Glad we picked up Alualu, who can at least hold down the fort

Good news on Tuitt, he's week to week so at least not season ending. He was blowing chit up before he got hurt. I have such high hopes for this season but that first offensive series was so prototypical ReTodd Haley it made me sick. No/muddle huddle with Ben calling the plays is the only way we reach the promised land.

Stiff test this week, Minn looked good last night but home opener we got this. HERE WE GO!

kethnaab
09-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Good news on Tuitt, he's week to week so at least not season ending. He was blowing chit up before he got hurt. I have such high hopes for this season but that first offensive series was so prototypical ReTodd Haley it made me sick. No/muddle huddle with Ben calling the plays is the only way we reach the promised land.

Stiff test this week, Minn looked good last night but home opener we got this. HERE WE GO!

that horizontal bull**** offense won't cut the mustard. Haley's gotta cut that **** out, although Bell looks so out of sorts that our offense will struggle as long as we rely o him for anything until he gets his game legs and his game eyes back. RBs, probably moreso than any other position, suffer the most from camp holdouts

i sincerely hope Tuitt can come back healthy. Our front 7, when healthy, is starting to really round into shape and look good

EnglishRay
02-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Who felt pretty sore about that loss to Jacksonville in the end?
I had to turn off to be honest half way through.
I won’t be watching the Super Bowl this year for the first time, fed up with the Pats.

kethnaab
02-03-2018, 01:52 PM
i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the way the calls have gone New England's way this year, what with the multiple overturned end zone catches, the pick-6 from Jax that was whistled dead for ZERO reason (except to prevent Jax from scoring a TD)

truthfully, I've seriously lost interest in the NFL.

hindes204
02-03-2018, 02:04 PM
i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the way the calls have gone New England's way this year, what with the multiple overturned end zone catches, the pick-6 from Jax that was whistled dead for ZERO reason (except to prevent Jax from scoring a TD)

Yup. This year was it for me. I got less and less interested as time went on. I think I’m done, I’ll just be a casual fan that catches a game when I can.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Yup. This year was it for me. I got less and less interested as time went on. I think I’m done, I’ll just be a casual fan that catches a game when I can.

I'll just leave this right here:

jc1_Gt0bOX4

EnglishRay
02-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Don’t blame you lads. It killed me seeing what I felt was obvious rigging of games.
I feel the same way but hope my love will return next year.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-06-2018, 04:04 PM
Don’t blame you lads. It killed me seeing what I felt was obvious rigging of games.
I feel the same way but hope my love will return next year.

I used to be able to watch any NFL game that was on TV. Didn't matter who played MNF, Thursday Night, etc.

After the protests this year, the refs determining the outcomes, no one knows what a catch is, helmet to helmet called too frequently...it's tough to watch. I still watched every Steelers game, but no where near the number of other games from previous years.

I'll still be watching and supporting the Steelers, really hope the NFL changes somethings this offseason.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Well its been awhile for us, thoughts on the draft?

This is where we miss Keithnaab!

AlBHappy
05-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Until they get rid of their moron coach, it doesn't matter. All the talent in the world, and they won't beat New England. Not a winning culture.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Until they get rid of their moron coach, it doesn't matter. All the talent in the world, and they won't beat New England. Not a winning culture.

That may be the case, but losing a guys like James Harrison and Martavis Bryant may also help. Their attitudes surely didn't help things?

New England will always be tough to beat with Brady. I wish Bell would just sign a contract so that drama could be eliminated.

Big7Ben86
11-18-2018, 03:23 PM
here we go

Brandon556211
11-20-2018, 11:29 AM
Interesting tidbits: Steelers only team with top 5 offense AND top 10 defense at this point in the season

BishsBMirin
11-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Interesting tidbits: Steelers only team with top 5 offense AND top 10 defense at this point in the season

Interdasting. Just have to keep this train moving. Need KC to drop a few more games and obviously need the heads up against the Pats.