Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Big7Ben86
09-23-2013, 07:48 PM
whats wrong with going 13-3

kethnaab
09-24-2013, 01:17 AM
whats wrong with going 13-3

nothing, except reality will set in during the 1st quarter of the next game

i said this team was a 6-10 team unless they had some serious fixes in store. Unfortunately, Ben is regressing substantially, and Dwyer is now our best RB.

Problem is that the Steelers' issues begin and end with Tomlin. Our drafts have been royally f'ed up since Tomlin came on board and he has made ridiculously mind-numbing personnel decisions.

Not a coincidence last season was the first he's had a majority of starters as "his" guys vs. Cowher's. Now this year, the balance is even more toward 'Tomlin's guys' and the team sucks as a result.

Big7Ben86
09-26-2013, 07:45 PM
nothing, except reality will set in during the 1st quarter of the next game

i said this team was a 6-10 team unless they had some serious fixes in store. Unfortunately, Ben is regressing substantially, and Dwyer is now our best RB.

Problem is that the Steelers' issues begin and end with Tomlin. Our drafts have been royally f'ed up since Tomlin came on board and he has made ridiculously mind-numbing personnel decisions.

Not a coincidence last season was the first he's had a majority of starters as "his" guys vs. Cowher's. Now this year, the balance is even more toward 'Tomlin's guys' and the team sucks as a result.

the sad truth.

I believe Bell is playing Sunday at least

How is Timmons doing this year? Havent really paid any attention to him

hindes204
09-29-2013, 01:26 PM
About to be 0-4

This team is not good

StonerDreams
09-29-2013, 01:32 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1492396/stephen-colbert-dance-o.gif

martoch
09-29-2013, 01:40 PM
So who's going to create the "ITT, we are 0-4" thread?

Ugh.

martoch
09-29-2013, 01:58 PM
RIP, L.C. Greenwood.

Former Steeler L.C. Greenwood dies at 67
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/former-steeler-lc-greenwood-dies-at-67-705428/

Greenwood played for the Steelers from 1969-81 and earned four Super Bowl rings. He was six-time Pro Bowl selection and registered 73 1/2 sacks during his career, which ranks second in franchise history behind Jason Gildon. Greenwood's sacks are unofficial because the NFL did not officially begin keeping track of sacks until 1982.

tsbalr120
09-29-2013, 02:06 PM
At least bell looks like a guy we can go forward with.

But that defense, gah, don't know where to start. Troy is the only one who played pretty decent. He got in the backfield multiple times.

We just need to pull a chiefs and draft a **** ton of SEC studs on defense lol.

Mitch1313
09-29-2013, 02:30 PM
mother fukker...
I'm livid....

6 yard line about to tie the game and we fukking fumble.

Might as well go 0-16

hindes204
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Clowney FTW

kethnaab
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
How is Timmons doing this year? Havent really paid any attention to him

he's been ok. Very inconsistent. the fact that we trust the defense with a rookie more than we trust it with him really makes me think we wasted a top pick and a lot of money on him.

RIP, L.C. Greenwood.

Former Steeler L.C. Greenwood dies at 67
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/former-steeler-lc-greenwood-dies-at-67-705428/

Greenwood played for the Steelers from 1969-81 and earned four Super Bowl rings. He was six-time Pro Bowl selection and registered 73 1/2 sacks during his career, which ranks second in franchise history behind Jason Gildon. Greenwood's sacks are unofficial because the NFL did not officially begin keeping track of sacks until 1982.

all time great. Also holds the record for sacks in a single Super Bowl (unofficial)

Clowney FTW

not with LeBeau here.

hindes204
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
he's been ok. Very inconsistent. the fact that we trust the defense with a rookie more than we trust it with him really makes me think we wasted a top pick and a lot of money on him.

all time great. Also holds the record for sacks in a single Super Bowl (unofficial)

not with LeBeau here.

Basically said it more out of frustration. I'm not sure he would fit well, I'm just pissed off

jross2021
09-29-2013, 06:33 PM

not with LeBeau here.

feels bad man. If we have to suffer through this I at least want a thick, solid, tight DE out of the deal.

I'll play along though... say, lets just say (dont think it would ever happen) we get the #1 pick. What do we do with it? I'd assume trade it back? Not like we're going after Bridgewater and if Clowney isn't a fit then there's no point in having it right?

What about Jake Matthews? Or trading back a little bit and grabbing someone like Sammy Watkins (probably my favorite prospect)?

FormulaLT1poweR
10-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Why?

Steelers acquired LT Levi Brown from the Cardinals in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
The deal is now official after it was agreed upon earlier Wednesday morning. Brown will take over on Ben Roethlisberger's blind side, replacing Mike Adams. It's not a huge improvement. Brown played under OC Todd Haley while the two were together in Arizona, so he shouldn't have much trouble picking up the offense. Brown is terrible in pass protection but is a decent run blocker.

eljobber
10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
inb4 Steelers win 4 straight and are in the thick of the North title.

21Classic
10-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Enjoy that ****in guy

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130719/1000/gifs_provide_a_funny_animation_for_every_day_life_ events_13.gif

He aint all bad TBH. Just make sure nobody who can run fast ever lines up on him. Otherwise hes OK some of the time.

Big7Ben86
10-16-2013, 07:15 PM
so much for levi brown

on the plus side 2 straight weeks without a loss

SiriusThread
10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
In b4 jake Matthews.

Come to Pittsburgh future GOAT

eljobber
10-16-2013, 09:26 PM
This has to be the least anticipated Steelers/Ravens match up in awhile. Usually one of the teams is doing well if not both. Oh well its still a big deal to me.

thegenerel
11-05-2013, 06:55 AM
currently slated to pick 4th. sadly they gave the Browns their 2014 3rd :(

Backus21
11-05-2013, 07:07 AM
currently slated to pick 4th. sadly they gave the Browns their 2014 3rd :(

Haven't really checked any mock drafts yet. I'm assuming that a QB, Clowney, and a LT are the potential top 3 at the moment?

thegenerel
11-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Haven't really checked any mock drafts yet. I'm assuming that a QB, Clowney, and a LT are the potential top 3 at the moment?

Bridgewater, Clowney, Barr, Matthews, Lewan seem to be the Top 5ish guys thus far. Id put the #1 WR right behind them, with Nix. I am sure the #2 QB will rise up the boards.

Backus21
11-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Bridgewater, Clowney, Barr, Matthews, Lewan seem to be the Top 5ish guys thus far. Id put the #1 WR right behind them, with Nix. I am sure the #2 QB will rise up the boards.

Yep sounds about right. Of course another QB will "Gabbert" his way into the top ten. I just don't want the Steelers to take Lewan. God help us if we do. Mathews seems to be a solid guy but idk if he gets to us.

thegenerel
11-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Yep sounds about right. Of course another QB will "Gabbert" his way into the top ten. I just don't want the Steelers to take Lewan. God help us if we do. Mathews seems to be a solid guy but idk if he gets to us.

well Clowney/Bridgewater should go 1 & 2, odds are the Jags and Bucs will finish in that order. if the Vikings pick 3rd, they likely wont take Matthews as they have Kalil and need a lot more than a franchise RT. if the Giants pick before the Steelers they likely take Matthews to protect Eli.

I love Barr, unsure what to do with Jarvis Jones though. maybe take Mike Evans?

Backus21
11-05-2013, 08:43 AM
well Clowney/Bridgewater should go 1 & 2, odds are the Jags and Bucs will finish in that order. if the Vikings pick 3rd, they likely wont take Matthews as they have Kalil and need a lot more than a franchise RT. if the Giants pick before the Steelers they likely take Matthews to protect Eli.

I love Barr, unsure what to do with Jarvis Jones though. maybe take Mike Evans?

I would love to get Evans. Could even trade back a few picks if some teams fall in love with Barr or Lewan. But if Mathews is on the board right now I put him above Evans, but only slightly.

kethnaab
11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Jones isn't now, and never was a true 3-4 ROLB for us. He never will be either, unless he gets on the Vitamin S and Vitamin HGH.

Barr is the ideal 34 OLB for us. That said, I pray (and I know it won't happen) that LeBeau retires and that Tomlin finally gets to move on from the 3-4. We don't have a single guy in our front 7 who is a better fit for a 3-4 other than Heyward, and he absolutely fits in a 43 just as well. To be honest, I'd love to get a Carroll disciple to run our defense, because we are already a near-ideal fit for it.

Jarvis Jones is the prototype for a Carroll SLB.
Heyward is ideal as a 5-tech LDE.
McLendon is a 3-tech
Anthony Barr would be a perfect fit as the LEO
Lawrence Timmons is the prototype of a WLB.

That leaves NT and MLB, which could be filled by Fangupo and Vince Williams if they develop. If we could figure out a way to get Woodley to drop about 15-20 lbs, he could play the SLB position, Jones could play WLB, and Timmons could play MLB, if he wasn't so damned football stupid.

Of course, we know that won't happen. At best, LeBeau retires and Butler comes in and injects some new ideas. Of course, we will still have a total disconnect between Tomlin who is clueless about what to look for in a 3-4 front 7 guy, Colbert who has obviously lost his ability to think, and Butler.

that said, I do not want Lewan. I don't want Matthews either, as I think his ceiling is limited and more importantly, we do NOT need to spend yet ANOTHER damn 1st rounder on an offensive lineman. However, if we end up with Matthews, at least we'll have an expert technician who can walk in from day 1 and play. Our offensive linemen tend to regress once they get here (Pouncey, Gilbert, and Adams are all perfect examples), so a guy who comes in needing to "develop" will go downhill. Matthews already knows what he's doing and shouldn't have a tough time soliciting some "family assistance" with his game. I'd still rather have a playmaker though, we don't need 5 premium picks on the offensive line since our coaching staff knows fukkall about developing offensive linemen.

We desperately need playmakers. We wasted last year's 1st rounder on Jarvis Jones, I hope like hell we don't waste yet another 1st rounder this year, although Tomlin and Colbert have been fukbrained idiots with the draft for quite some time, so I don't have a lot of hope.

I would be rather pleased if we somehow managed to trade down, get some extra picks, then trade our 2nd to get into the 1st, and grab one of the big WRs along with Khalil Mack. That would be an ideal scenario, one which I don't think will come to fruition.

Backus21
11-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Just saw the Ben trade rumor thread. Not sure if credible or not but it does get me thinking. I love Ben but idk if we will be contending within the next few years where he will start to decline from his prime. I mean most great Qbs can get it done at 35+ but Ben has taken a lot more punishment. It's interesting to think about dealing him/keeping him. I could find reasoning for both sides

martoch
11-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Steelers brah checking in (born/raised in Pittsburgh)...I have to stream today's game. If anyone else needs streams, just PM me and I'll hook you up.

Not sure how to feel any more. I'm always excited to see our boys, but lately it's a lot more anxiety than usual.

thegenerel
11-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Just saw the Ben trade rumor thread. Not sure if credible or not but it does get me thinking. I love Ben but idk if we will be contending within the next few years where he will start to decline from his prime. I mean most great Qbs can get it done at 35+ but Ben has taken a lot more punishment. It's interesting to think about dealing him/keeping him. I could find reasoning for both sides

it was discredited but it would be something I'd consider if the price was right. Ben has what, 5 years left? Maybe with a few nice drafts they could be rebuilt in 2-3 years (the Ravens did it with an inferior QB too).

my hesitation is that the Franchise QB is the most important piece of a football team and the most difficult to acquire. We cannot point to Indy and say "they did it with Manning and Luck" as the Steelers wont be picking first and they wont be able to nab one of the best QB prospects in the last decade.

ramsgoldberg61
11-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Steelers brah checking in (born/raised in Pittsburgh)...I have to stream today's game. If anyone else needs streams, just PM me and I'll hook you up.

Not sure how to feel any more. I'm always excited to see our boys, but lately it's a lot more anxiety than usual.

Feeling the same, not sure sometimes which team is going to show up.

Having flashbacks to the super bowl parade "dahn-tahn" back in 2006..

Big7Ben86
11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Permanent no-huddle?

EricTheGreat
11-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I can't believe Pitt still has a shot at the playoffs. Today's win was huge. 1 game out of the playoff race. Cleveland on deck. Feelsgoodman.jpg

DirtyMac
11-18-2013, 04:27 AM

Being an Australian fan of the NFL, we don't get much coverage of it here, I get to watch 3 games a week, and I have no idea what is happening with any of the college teams.
Could I get a brief break down of who these players are and what positions they play? Thanks.

thegenerel
11-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Being an Australian fan of the NFL, we don't get much coverage of it here, I get to watch 3 games a week, and I have no idea what is happening with any of the college teams.
Could I get a brief break down of who these players are and what positions they play? Thanks.

sure, I can give you a little info

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville, is considered the Top QB prospect and will likely g o
Jadevon Clowney entered this year as the hands down #1 pick and potentially the best defensive prospect in a long long time. He had a lackluster start and has had a few minor injuries. He could be a potential monster but a Franchise QB wins more Super Bowls than elite defensive players. He should go 2nd overall.
Anthony Barr is a stand up DE/OLB. Used to be a RB and made the switch last year. Still very new to the position but just straight up dominates.
Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan are both Offensive Tackles.

Things will change a bit and there is a matter of opinion. Johnny Manziel, last years Heisman winner (top college player) is a Redshirt Sophomore QB. He has lots of off the field drama but is electric. Who knows where he will go if he enters the draft.

My favorite "scouting" site is ourlads. They are professional grade.

http://www.ourlads.com/
http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2014/2356481

Walter Football is a fun site for mock drafts (where they predict how the draft will play out). They update it weekly but are a bit lazy, the guy isnt really an expert but its fun to follow along.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

DirtyMac
11-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks, Last year I found a youtube channel that had a lot of college games on it mostly the Sooners playing other teams, So when the draft mentioned Landry Jones, I knew who he was, along with Geno smith, Mantai Teo, and Marcus Lattimore, But now with a 2nd child I hardly have time to keep up. Good to see the Steelers fighting back, I still see Wallace dropping passes even when he plays for Miami. I kinda wish we picked Eddie Lacy but.

flabs2abs1
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
any of you guys think the steelers are gonna fight back and make the 6th seed? I think its very possible and with our toughest game being at home against the bengals or packers, i can see us going 9-7 or 10-6.

edit: and i cant believe rapsh*t is still reporting that BS story about ben.

DirtyMac
11-19-2013, 04:42 AM
any of you guys think the steelers are gonna fight back and make the 6th seed? I think its very possible and with our toughest game being at home against the bengals or packers, i can see us going 9-7 or 10-6.

If Rodgers is still out I think we might beat the Packers. I am not so sure about the Bengals though.

thegenerel
11-19-2013, 06:40 AM

eh, its possible there is something there, but Im not sure what exactly. has it been tossed around that if the team needs a full rebuild is it best do it with a 30 something QB who is older than his age? yea, probably. how much? who knows.

EnglishRay
11-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Finally found the Steelers Thread!!

I have high hopes (srs) at the moment, anyone who saw the Browns game saw the Offensive Line actually stand up and protect Ben for once.

As for the defence, they performed well for a second week. I would never have predicted this current situation in the beginning. (I was there to watch the Vikings win at Wembley)

Lets hope we make it brahs! Good luck to Steelers.

kethnaab
11-25-2013, 07:19 PM
William Gay and especially Jason worilds came up huge in that game. You expect Troy to, and CAm Heyward has shown that he is a stud, but Worilds is really making me consider extending him, and Gay is having me eat some crow because he's playing well

EnglishRay
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
William Gay and especially Jason worilds came up huge in that game. You expect Troy to, and CAm Heyward has shown that he is a stud, but Worilds is really making me consider extending him, and Gay is having me eat some crow because he's playing well

Im just loving Brown on offense, reminds me of a less douchey and unpredictable San Holmes. As for D, I began to feel Troy was too unhealthy, however recently he has performed to his natural best. As for Gay, yes I agree, he has been phenominal. What I want to know is how long do you think Big Ben has left? Im going to guess at another good 5 years at least, in which case, a serious starter potential QB will not be drafted for hmmm 3 years at least? Im just guessing here, also I have no idea what the college scene is like. UK makes it harder for me to keep up!

hindes204
11-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Gay is having me eat some crow because he's playing well

Was wondering when that was coming...you absolutely hated that signing. I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of it either, but he's worked out quite well

kethnaab
11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Im just loving Brown on offense, reminds me of a less douchey and unpredictable San Holmes.

this is the exact comparison I use. Santonio had more long speed though

As for D, I began to feel Troy was too unhealthy, however recently he has performed to his natural best. As for Gay, yes I agree, he has been phenominal. What I want to know is how long do you think Big Ben has left? Im going to guess at another good 5 years at least, in which case, a serious starter potential QB will not be drafted for hmmm 3 years at least?

no idea about Ben. I'm hoping for another 5 years but he will really need to continue to change his style of play to keep himself healthy, and he'll need to continue to develop his film study as well

EnglishRay
11-26-2013, 09:05 AM
this is the exact comparison I use. Santonio had more long speed though

no idea about Ben. I'm hoping for another 5 years but he will really need to continue to change his style of play to keep himself healthy, and he'll need to continue to develop his film study as well

I did love Santonio, however, I feel like Brown is patching that hole in my heart! Ahaha

I can agree there with Ben, I think though that a rookie could pick up a lot of knowledge and tips from working under him, as long as they are willing themselves to adapt.

thegenerel
11-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I always felt that in the spot play he would received, Worilds was far far better at LOLB. its evident that is where he needs to play and that with regular time there he can play. Woodley has not been missed much. Now the question is if Woodley could play ROLB, and if not, what do you do with 2 LOLBs?

EnglishRay
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
If Woodley can switch to ROLB, then the line will be far superior to what it has been in the recent past. It would be nice, however, I have a feeling that it won't happen.

eljobber
11-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Sup bitches, Big Ben is baking right now.

Reps to my steelers brah.

flabs2abs1
11-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Cant wait to see us bash the ratbirds on turkeyday! Gonna be a good game.

EnglishRay
11-26-2013, 03:08 PM
What are your non bias opinions on who will win the big thanksgiving game?

I feel like Steelers could have it in the bag, however I keep getting these odd bad luck senses that Ravens will screw chit up for us this season. My good friend here supports the Ravens, so it would be beautiful to shame him again after another beat down on Baltimore, however they do have home field advantage.

WRXbrah
11-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Ravens swept you guys last year and this year you guys will sweep them. My money will be on Steelers and the under.

flabs2abs1
11-26-2013, 07:25 PM
What are your non bias opinions on who will win the big thanksgiving game?

I feel like Steelers could have it in the bag, however I keep getting these odd bad luck senses that Ravens will screw chit up for us this season. My good friend here supports the Ravens, so it would be beautiful to shame him again after another beat down on Baltimore, however they do have home field advantage.

I believe the steelers will win this game, the way our D is playing, plus flacco and the ravens chit run game can only be good for us. And our offense is looking solid enough to put up a good amount of points against the ravens.

Backus21
11-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I always felt that in the spot play he would received, Worilds was far far better at LOLB. its evident that is where he needs to play and that with regular time there he can play. Woodley has not been missed much. Now the question is if Woodley could play ROLB, and if not, what do you do with 2 LOLBs?

It would be ideal to have woodley on the right side with Worilds on the left. But the. Id think having Woodley pass rushing off the end in most plays would get him back to his great play from a few seasons ago. The question comes in with what to do with Jones... On another note it was nice seeing Williams get some more mins

thegenerel
11-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Ravens swept you guys last year and this year you guys will sweep them. My money will be on Steelers and the under.

last year the Steelers went into Baltimore with Charlie Batch and won.

jross2021
11-27-2013, 09:04 AM

This. Still remember keth posting that pic of ray rice with the terrible towel on his head that said "uses terrible towel as hat.... loses to charlie batch" or something like that. I think itll be a good game.

And Antonio Brown and Ryan clark may be surpassing Greg Lloyd and Willie Parker as my favorite steelers of all tine

kethnaab
11-27-2013, 09:32 AM
why would Ryan Clark be surpassing anybody this season? He's been trash.

jross2021
11-27-2013, 09:34 AM
why would Ryan Clark be surpassing anybody this season? He's been trash.

Dont judge cuz. Love listening to his interviews..

WRXbrah
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM

You're correct. I was thinking of 2 years ago. Either way I think you guys are starting to mesh more on offense and Im still laying money on Steelers and the under.

EnglishRay
11-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Either way, im calling it a close game. Wondering whats happened to Ray Rice! Jacoby Jones is a beast, so we are lucky that Joe Flacco is so terrible.

DirtyMac
11-28-2013, 02:42 AM
How much of a problem do you think Elvis Dummerville will be? Will Keisel be playing this game?
Hopefully Bell can get some yards under his belt. we did well Vs the Browns considering they had the best Defense rating in the league at the time.

flabs2abs1
11-28-2013, 06:32 AM
How much of a problem do you think Elvis Dummerville will be? Will Keisel be playing this game?
Hopefully Bell can get some yards under his belt. we did well Vs the Browns considering they had the best Defense rating in the league at the time.

I think the way our line has been playing if they can keep it up ben will stay pretty clean. Yeah keisel is playing, and us establishing a run game is going to be very important.

BeReRkER
11-28-2013, 08:43 AM
My boy Heath is going to have a big day today, such a solid player.

EnglishRay
11-28-2013, 06:41 PM
What a chits start to the game :/

flabs2abs1
11-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Damn, that was such a horribly called game. That hit on bell should have been called, plus the play is dead after the helmet comes off is also total bs. Plus a questionable non call for PI on sanders for the 2 point conversion.

jross2021
11-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Damn, that was such a horribly called game. That hit on bell should have been called, plus the play is dead after the helmet comes off is also total bs. Plus a questionable non call for PI on sanders for the 2 point conversion.

The call on bell really changed nothing in terms of the game imo, just resulted in a backup getting injured, no biggie (notsrs). That is one of the worst rules i've ever heard in the NFL. I can understand if you're standing because they dont want you to get slammed to the ground, but if you're in the act of going down already? How do you call a play dead?

martoch
11-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Tired Steelers fan checking in. Disgusted with last night's game and even more so with Tomlin.

EnglishRay
11-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Eugh what a pisstake, nothing innovative, unlike the Ravens who actually managed to switch things up.

However, i'll keep my hope for next season, Bell and Brown are keeping it real, NOT impressed with Sanders though. Bring back Ward!

flabs2abs1
11-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Eugh what a pisstake, nothing innovative, unlike the Ravens who actually managed to switch things up.

However, i'll keep my hope for next season, Bell and Brown are keeping it real, NOT impressed with Sanders though. Bring back Ward!

Dude had a bad game, it happens to everyone, hes just gotta move past it and get back into the grind.

WRXbrah
11-29-2013, 11:26 AM
What is that 3 games this year that Suisham could be blamed for the loss this year?

Also the PI calls were pretty weak yesterday. Throw the ball up and hope the refs flag a PI. Flacco gon' Flacco.

Mitch1313
11-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Cant blame the kicker for the losses... Cant make them all I guess.

Whole team and coaching staff is to blame, everyone could have done better, or made a better play or better calls from the coaches.

Its a team game.

Just a bad season, at least with split the series with them. Ravens wont go anywhere they are trash this year as well.

Big7Ben86
11-29-2013, 04:49 PM
anyone think the NFL dodged a bullet on that whole Leveon Bell situation because of the Tomlin incident?

eljobber
11-29-2013, 05:14 PM
anyone think the NFL dodged a bullet on that whole Leveon Bell situation because of the Tomlin incident?

First time I really felt bad for a football player. Its not the NFL's fault, its just a violent game and you understand the risk before you play it. I hope he is healthy going forward.

DirtyMac
11-30-2013, 05:51 AM
What is that 3 games this year that Suisham could be blamed for the loss this year?

Also the PI calls were pretty weak yesterday. Throw the ball up and hope the refs flag a PI. Flacco gon' Flacco.

I think that if winning or losing comes down to whether Suisham makes the kick or not, is just proof that the whole team needs to step up.
I mean, it's not like he gets to pick where he tries to kick FG's from is it?

jross2021
11-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I think that if winning or losing comes down to whether Suisham makes the kick or not, is just proof that the whole team needs to step up.
I mean, it's not like he gets to pick where he tries to kick FG's from is it?

I agree. For as much heat as kickers get, they don't deserve any of it. Sure they should be almost automatic, but there are other factors.. And if a game is close enough that a missed field goal is the difference, then the offense and defense didn't do their job.

flabs2abs1
12-01-2013, 10:28 AM
HO LEE ****!! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000290187/article/mike-tomlin-incident-might-cost-steelers-a-draft-pick

Such ****ing bull****! A fine i agree with, hell maybe even a suspension, but losing a pick?!? Is the nfl ****ing serious??

eljobber
12-01-2013, 10:31 AM
HO LEE ****!! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000290187/article/mike-tomlin-incident-might-cost-steelers-a-draft-pick

Such ****ing bull****! A fine i agree with, hell maybe even a suspension, but losing a pick?!? Is the nfl ****ing serious??

brb steelers about to get worse penalties than the Patriots did for spygate

EnglishRay
12-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I always lol at how much the league over punishes the steelers. Brb Harrison getting 10000000 dollars worth of fines last season.
Such a joke. Talk about bias.

thegenerel
12-18-2013, 10:47 AM
so is Woodley done? If they wait till June 1st then they can save about $8 million in cap space.

Id rather have him around next year instead of such a huge deap money cap hit but Id take Worilds over Woodley for sure.

kethnaab
12-18-2013, 12:03 PM
so is Woodley done? If they wait till June 1st then they can save about $8 million in cap space.

Id rather have him around next year instead of such a huge deap money cap hit but Id take Worilds over Woodley for sure.

no idea what is up with Woodley, but I think he is done in the NFL. He simply cannot stay healthy and gives no indications that he'll ever be truly healthy

hindes204
12-18-2013, 02:06 PM
no idea what is up with Woodley, but I think he is done in the NFL. He simply cannot stay healthy and gives no indications that he'll ever be truly healthy

That contract he has will royally **** us

hindes204
12-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Still alive. However, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Dontari Poe, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali....all inactive for KC

kethnaab
12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Did anybody else pay close attention to him? This is the best I've seen him play.

On his sack, he put Thomas onto skates, walked him back into the QB's lap, drew a holding penalty and STILL made the sack.

On Keisel's strip sack and Carter's fumble recovery, Heyward lined up at the 0-tech and threw Mack right back into cAmpbell's lap 5 yards behind the LoS and kept him from stepping up away from Keisel's rush.

He did that all game long. He beat double teams left and right, and they weren't just "crappy player" double teams, they were double teams that involved Joe Thomas or Alex Mack

He has shown the potential to be possibly even better, overall, than one of my favorite all-time Steelers, Demolition Man Aaron Smith.

hindes204
12-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Did anybody else pay close attention to him? This is the best I've seen him play.

On his sack, he put Thomas onto skates, walked him back into the QB's lap, drew a holding penalty and STILL made the sack.

On Keisel's strip sack and Carter's fumble recovery, Heyward lined up at the 0-tech and threw Mack right back into cAmpbell's lap 5 yards behind the LoS and kept him from stepping up away from Keisel's rush.

He did that all game long. He beat double teams left and right, and they weren't just "crappy player" double teams, they were double teams that involved Joe Thomas or Alex Mack

He has shown the potential to be possibly even better, overall, than one of my favorite all-time Steelers, Demolition Man Aaron Smith.

Yea, he's having a hell of a season, though no one ever brings him up. It's the intangibles he has that can't be taught, he keeps getting better and better. Dick Lebeau said this about him I'm an interview:
Its mostly just overall experience. Hes had the size, the strength and the speed, and hes one of the hardest practice players we have. He just works hard every down and hes going to continue to get better when you work like that. I think the next couple of years youre going to see him continue to stay on the rise.

flabs2abs1
12-29-2013, 03:44 PM
21-14 chiefs at halftime...

kethnaab
12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Yea, he's having a hell of a season, though no one ever brings him up. It's the intangibles he has that can't be taught, he keeps getting better and better. Dick Lebeau said this about him I'm an interview:
Its mostly just overall experience. Hes had the size, the strength and the speed, and hes one of the hardest practice players we have. He just works hard every down and hes going to continue to get better when you work like that. I think the next couple of years youre going to see him continue to stay on the rise.

and yet LeBeau had him stuck on the bench rotting for nearly 2.5 seasons behind his favorite vets, Brett Keisel and Ziggy Hood.

LeBeau is as much to blame as anyone for Heyward's "slow development", which is pure BS. Dude was a monster last season but LeBeau stuck him back on the bench.

hindes204
12-29-2013, 04:05 PM
That's the steelers MO, develop them slowly. I know everyone wants to see players that have potential out there immediately, but I think their philosophy works pretty damn good

EnglishRay
12-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Anyone else watching the Chargers game and praying that they lose?

Would never have believed that this opportunity would have come at the beginning of the season.

hindes204
12-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Well.......****

flabs2abs1
12-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Well.......****

That fake punt was bs

Gmoney25
12-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Devastated. That Chargers game made me a sad panda.

EctohBroh
12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah that was too much. People can say "oh, the Steelers weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway" and yeah, probably. However, I want the anticipation and excitement to keep coming. I'm pretty thankful it kept going as long as it did though I guess, lol. Plus the NFL is crazy this year, who even know what's gonna happen in the playoffs.

I'm still kinda frustrated by that fake punt though... like what a ballsy call by the Chargers. And I don't even know if that was even the right call by the refs... but whatever, not gonna complain too much. You can point back to previous games this year, previous plays, previous bad calls, w/e. Every team can do the same thing, it is what it is.

Backus21
12-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm really disappointed. I know the steelers can only blame themselves though for not taking care of their business earlier but damn. We were riding high at the end of the year and could have made some noise.

hindes204
12-29-2013, 07:40 PM
So time to move on, looks like we will get the 15th pick. Thoughts?

FGCHENG
12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
you guys are still the greatest franchise in NFL

kethnaab
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
That's the steelers MO, develop them slowly. I know everyone wants to see players that have potential out there immediately, but I think their philosophy works pretty damn good

back before the flat cap and our franchise QB, yes.

that can't be done anymore. You MUST have contributions from your guys on their first contracts. You cannot afford to pay a team full of veterans and still win football games if you have a franchise QB

thegenerel
12-30-2013, 08:01 AM
I freaking knew they would make a damn run, just barely miss the playoffs, and give themselves the worst draft pick possible.

kethnaab
12-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I freaking knew they would make a damn run, just barely miss the playoffs, and give themselves the worst draft pick possible.

well, if we go 7-9, we pick 10th

we went 8-8, so now we pick 15th.

that's not really a big deal.

We picked 15th in 2007, and ended up with Lawrence Timmons. Had we picked 10th, we could've had Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch or Darrelle Revis. So no big deal.
We picked 18th in 2010, and we ended up with Marukice Pouncey. Had we picked 13th, we could've had Earl Thomas or Mike Iupati. So no big deal.
We picked 17th in 2012, and we ended up with Jarvis Jones. Had we picked 12th, we could've had Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, or Kenny Vaccaro. So no big deal.

http://i.imgur.com/H4quil.png

EnglishRay
12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
On to the next one!

Next year we will get it!

thegenerel
12-30-2013, 10:07 AM
well, if we go 7-9, we pick 10th

we went 8-8, so now we pick 15th.

that's not really a big deal.

We picked 15th in 2007, and ended up with Lawrence Timmons. Had we picked 10th, we could've had Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch or Darrelle Revis. So no big deal.
We picked 18th in 2010, and we ended up with Marukice Pouncey. Had we picked 13th, we could've had Earl Thomas or Mike Iupati. So no big deal.
We picked 17th in 2012, and we ended up with Jarvis Jones. Had we picked 12th, we could've had Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, or Kenny Vaccaro. So no big deal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/H4quil.png[/ig]

very frustrating. although in 07 Willis would be the guy Id want by far. Lynch was a headcase and needed to mature in a 2nd location and Revis has been such a pain in the ass. I am at the point where I have no tolerance for dickheads, sadly 80% of the NFL is comprised of morons. I would have let Sanders go solely bc he is such an arrogant douche.

I very much want Nix or HaHa in R1, Matthews or Robinson as a big target WR in R2.

on the bright side by winning the 3rd rounder the Browns get is worth less :)

DefensiveEnd896
12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Chiefs fan from PA here.

Sorry we couldn't get that win for u guys yest. I was really pulling for u guys to make the playoffs. My Dad is a Steelers fan

hindes204
01-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Outside zone blocking scheme with Leveon Bells attributes and Munchak at the helm.......YES PLEASE

jross2021
02-24-2014, 05:24 PM
so kethbrah, who do we want in the draft?

inb4 clowney falls to us like decastro ;)

kethnaab
02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
so kethbrah, who do we want in the draft?

inb4 clowney falls to us like decastro ;)

well, there's a lot of options, but none I'm 100% comfortable with.

I love Khalil Mack and like Anthony Barr at 1.15, but don't think either will fall to us. Of course, I thnk Jervis Jones is a fuking waste of flesh, but hopefully he gets on a good steroids cycle, puts on 20 lbs of muscle, and with some help from Joey Porter, Jervis' balls will drop.

I like the big WRs. Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin. Sammy Watkins obviously but he isn't dropping. I am kinda meh on the CBs and I like several TEs but this is a ridiculously deep draft class.

I have a bad feeling we will end up reaching for Louis Nix rather than just holding off and grabbing an NT later or, better yet, getting one of several NTs in free agency (Linval Joseph and Paul Soliai are 2 of my top targets).

If we actually put forth a few $$$, we might be able to nab Tyson Jackson or Red Bryant to play 5-tech and we can remove that need entirely. If not, I have a sneaking suspicion we could reach for Tuitt or Hageman.
Lots of ILBs, none for the first round. I think Tomlin will fall in love with CJ Mosley unfortunately (or Nix too possibly)

early in the draft process though. I have much college football to focus on.

jross2021
02-24-2014, 05:49 PM
well, there's a lot of options, but none I'm 100% comfortable with.

I love Khalil Mack and like Anthony Barr at 1.15, but don't think either will fall to us. Of course, I thnk Jervis Jones is a fuking waste of flesh, but hopefully he gets on a good steroids cycle, puts on 20 lbs of muscle, and with some help from Joey Porter, Jervis' balls will drop.

I like the big WRs. Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin. Sammy Watkins obviously but he isn't dropping. I am kinda meh on the CBs and I like several TEs but this is a ridiculously deep draft class.

I have a bad feeling we will end up reaching for Louis Nix rather than just holding off and grabbing an NT later or, better yet, getting one of several NTs in free agency (Linval Joseph and Paul Soliai are 2 of my top targets).

If we actually put forth a few $$$, we might be able to nab Tyson Jackson or Red Bryant to play 5-tech and we can remove that need entirely. If not, I have a sneaking suspicion we could reach for Tuitt or Hageman.
Lots of ILBs, none for the first round. I think Tomlin will fall in love with CJ Mosley unfortunately (or Nix too possibly)

early in the draft process though. I have much college football to focus on.

thanks brah, gives me some players to start looking at. Keep us updated on your continued draft scouting. I've wanted Watkins since he was a freshman.

jacklambert58
02-24-2014, 06:03 PM
If Pitt can't grab one of the stud tackles, would love to see a trade down then grabbing Darqueze Denard. We haven't gotten a good corner in ages and drafting projects is back firing as they hit free agency just when we have them coached up and ready to contribute. The CBA is making it harder to draft unpolished gems to coach up, as they leave too soon - gotta go after guys that are more deveoped, regardless of raw talent. Feel like the same thing is gonna happen with Shark...right when he's good to start, he's gonna chase the $ in free agency.

hindes204
02-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Mike Evans had a great combine. Numbers at this point don't mean much though (see Tony Mandarich), but it makes me like him even more. This draft is deeeeep with wr talent though, not sure I like taking one as the first pick

Backus21
02-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Would love if we went with Evans. I haven't thoroughly looked at FSUs receiver outside of a game here/there so I'm undecided on him. But Keth if you say he's good then that's definitely reassuring. Dennard looks like a beast so I wouldn't mind him either. I haven't been getting into the draft yet. I'll probably change my opinion 2-3 times over the next few weeks but as of right now I'd be ecstatic with a big WR or a CB

kethnaab
02-25-2014, 08:00 AM
someone to look at a round or 2 later is Watkins' teammate. Dude is big and fast as hell. He doesn't look real comfortable or natural as a catcher and he is soft as pigsh!t. We might end up doubling down this year on WRs with a big guy and another smurf.

Cyrus Kouandjio is out, thankfully. I don't see any reason to go after an OL early or even 2nd/3C. Give Munchak some time to do what he does.

I really think we look hard at the big WRs and the TEs. This is absolutely the year to do it. I could see us going WR/TE in the first round, and then DB doubling up in the 2nd and another one later. I'm pretty big on what little I've seen of Pierre Desir and Stanley Jean-Baptiste, but I think those guys will fly up the board once athleticism and size gets noticed. I like SJB more as a potential FS though. The first rounders like Darqueze Dennard and Justin Gilbert are kinda a reach in my eyes but I have more games to watch of them. I do like Kyle Fuller a good bit and he seems to fit what we do between press, bail, and off coverage.

Only FSs I'm big on is Calvin Pryor and HaHa C-D.

If I had to gamble, I'd put $$$ that one of the following is our pick in the 1st:

WR - Evans or Benjamin. I like Benjamin overall better, but Evans is probably better suited for Ben.

TE - Ebron - only chance we go TE in the 1st, but I like Troy Niklas later on (and think we'll lean toward him because he's such an aggressive blocker). Amaro and ASJ in the 2nd are also plays, as is CJ Federowixzcxzvcoixu later on. I like Ebron, but not enough to go for him that early.

OT - don't think so. Not at all. If so, someone needs to be beaten. Greg Robinson won't fall to us and is the only one with a high enough ceiling to justify taking. I don't think he's a true LT though, and Jake Matthews is an All Pro OG, and a good OT but not a true "Orlando Pace" type of LT. A possibliity is a guy from Nevada, Joel Bitonio. Good feet, good athlete, and I think he'll fit what Munchak wants. My biggest fear is that w'ell go with Taylor Lewan because he IS EXACTLY what Munchak looks for, but I don't want an OT that early. Hopefully his combine pushes him up above us. If Jake Matthews is available, the Rams snatch him up with their 2nd early pick. If not, they go for Lewan.

DL - in order, I think we could go Nix, Hageman, or Tuitt. I'm so torn on Nix as a player. I was all aboard the Star lotulelei train last season and I just don't see anywhere near that from Nix. Tuitt and Hageman fit what we do, and they have the size and length. I think we can get good value and production later on though. I like DeAndre Coleman as a developmental DE and Justin Ellis as a developmental true 0-Technique NT. I've heard rumblings that Kony Ealy is a guy they like. If these rumblings continue, I'm buying a ticket to Pittsburgh, because I will beat Colbert in the shin with a wiffle ball bat

OLB - Anthony Barr MIGHT fall to us, and I'm going to beat Colbert with that bat if he doesn't pull the trigger. Khalil Mack is the class of this class, and he'll be gone in the top 10, possibly as early as #2 overall to the Rams. Problem with both Barr and Mack is that both are well suited as a 4-3 or a 3-4, so they should go quickly. If Chris Smith from Arkansas is available later, I'd like to see us snatch him up.

ILB - I hope like heck CJ Mosley goes early, or his medical comes back borked and we skip him, but I REALLY FEAR this guy being yet another wasted pick. ILBs who aren't Patrick Willis simply are not worth a 1.15 when we have so many other holes. Unfortunately, I don't think we learned our lesson after 2007 with our idiotic pick of Timmons. 7 years later, we're still looking for a defensive captain and signal caller. godo thing we wasted a 1.15 and $40M on a guy who is available in the 2nd round every fukcing season. I like Chris Borland, but he's short and white, so Tomlin won't like him. I like Jordan Zumwalt, but he's tall and white, so Tomlin won't like him. Telvin Smith is exactly what Tomlin wants right now, yet another FSU LB, and just like Sean Spence, he's too damn small to play the position in the NFL. If we could take Telvin Smith, combine him with Lawrence Timmons and Vince Williams, we'd have a damn good LB, and he still wouldn't be worth a 1st round pick. Kyle Van Noy is a smart guy who can blitz and is really good in coverage. He's probably my guy in the 2nd, which means we will pass on him. Ryan Shazier is another Lawrence Timmons clone, a heat seeking missile who is stupid and doesn't know how to play football.

FS - Calvin Pryor and HaHa Clinton-Dix are in play at 1.15. I think Clinton Dix is overrated and is a borderline 2nd rounder. I hope like heck we don't grab him there.

CB - Darqueze Dennard, Kule Fuller, and Justin Gilbert - I'm ok if one of these guys will be the pick. We don't draft 1st round CBs but I'm hoping we do. What I fear is that we will instead skip these guys and draft future bust Bradley Roby. He's the ideal Steelers wasted defensive draft pick. he's big, he tackles the catch, he plays in off coverage, he gets burned constantly, and most importantly, I hate him, so if we go defense, he'll be the guy. I also fear we'll reach for any of the damn Florida DBs but we won't go there.

So yeah. Basically, if we go defense, I'll probably end up angry. Our defense has been on a steady decline and every damn season I think I go through a meltdown when I see who Fukbrain1 and Fukbrain2 draft on the defensive side of the ball. If we go offense, I'll probably be ok with the pick. The only thing we know is that the 1st guy will be a big-school guy, he won't be from a smaller school, so we'd probably pass on Khalil Mack even if he were to be available (which he won't)

I probably need to simply not look at the TV or the internet for the entirety of May. I'm still angry about us wasting a pick on Jervis fuking Jones last year. Ugh.

kethnaab
02-25-2014, 08:10 AM
If Pitt can't grab one of the stud tackles, would love to see a trade down then grabbing Darqueze Denard. We haven't gotten a good corner in ages and drafting projects is back firing as they hit free agency just when we have them coached up and ready to contribute. The CBA is making it harder to draft unpolished gems to coach up, as they leave too soon - gotta go after guys that are more deveoped, regardless of raw talent. Feel like the same thing is gonna happen with Shark...right when he's good to start, he's gonna chase the $ in free agency.

Dennard just blazed through his 40 but he's more of a press guy. Fuller played more cushions but is damn good. I like both quite a bit. Gilbert is a raw guy with athleticism and potential but I dunno, I'm tentative. As long as it's not Roby. christ...

Mike Evans had a great combine. Numbers at this point don't mean much though (see Tony Mandarich), but it makes me like him even more. This draft is deeeeep with wr talent though, not sure I like taking one as the first pick

Would love if we went with Evans. I haven't thoroughly looked at FSUs receiver outside of a game here/there so I'm undecided on him. But Keth if you say he's good then that's definitely reassuring. Dennard looks like a beast so I wouldn't mind him either. I haven't been getting into the draft yet. I'll probably change my opinion 2-3 times over the next few weeks but as of right now I'd be ecstatic with a big WR or a CB

Evans and Benjamin are BEASTS. Evans is Brandon Marshall. Benjamin is Alshon Jeffery with TE size. I'm ok with either. Evans' hands are more consistent and he adjusts to a scrambling fool at QB quite well but he is SO damn stiff and crappy with his route running. He might end up as a guy who will catch 50 passes but 12 will be TDs. He also does screens well and his hands make me smile. I think Ben will be extremely happy (and effective) with either. I also think we could hold off and go with Jordan Matthews or Allen Robinson later. Big guys who do some screens pretty well.

I'm afraid we'd go after Marquise Lee instead, yet another smurf who is a china doll. My one bit of confidence though is that we go for smurfs later

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we do a double-double (i.e. a pair of DBs and a pair of WRs) this draft and I probably wouldn't mind, as long as Bradley Roby isn't in there anywhere

I've gone back and forth on Benjamin and Evans. I think Benjamin has a higher potential ceiling but that Evans fits what we do better (screens, adjusts to QB).

thegenerel
02-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Benjamin strikes me as needing more polish. I dont think Evans makes it to 15 though. You are right on Robinson, I never thought about how he'd be perfect for the Steelers as they'd run 25 screens each game between him and Brown. PSU fed him the ball that way.

b85KOLpm-7g

kethnaab
02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
oh yes, Evans and Benjamin both need a ton of polish. Rare for a WR to be anything close to a finished product. In college, the WRs typically only run a small handful of routes, their route tree is rarely more than a small bush, so to speak

I'm cool with Kyle Fuller in the 1st (preferably after trade down) and Robinson in the 2nd.

jross2021
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Retire in peace to one of my all time favorite Steelers. Lawd. Mendenhall retired, Clark probably leaving Pitt.. Is it unmanly to cry right now?

Backus21
03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Respect to RM, dude helped us those few years he was here. Not the best back but he did what we needed from him. Is it confirmed that Clark is gone? That's a shame he really was a great leader. As for the draft I'd be fine with what you said keth, going doubles on WR or DB wouldn't be bad. Or going with one of each would be great IMO. I don't want lee and I certainly do not want Roby. That guy was lazy as hell. Evans, Benjamin, Denard, and Robinson are my guys so far. Robinson was an animal last season and I think he will be a steal in round 2

IawI
03-10-2014, 12:09 PM
RIP Lamar Woodley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/report-steelers-to-cut-lamarr-woodley-on-tuesday/

jross2021
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM
So, what's our linebacker situation looking like now?

Worilds, Timmons, Jarvis, Spence?

After all his injuries, the steelers must really like Spence to keep him around.

thegenerel
03-10-2014, 01:04 PM
So, what's our linebacker situation looking like now?

Worilds, Timmons, Jarvis, Spence?

After all his injuries, the steelers must really like Spence to keep him around.

well they have had him on IR so it doesnt cost a spot, but at this point its worth letting rehab to see if what they saw in his collegiate tape translates to the NFL. of the 6 players taken after Spence, one is Nick Foles and the other was TY Hilton.........

jross2021
03-10-2014, 01:32 PM
well they have had him on IR so it doesnt cost a spot, but at this point its worth letting rehab to see if what they saw in his collegiate tape translates to the NFL. of the 6 players taken after Spence, one is Nick Foles and the other was TY Hilton.........

damn, starting to regret that letter I wrote to Rooney about drafting a Hurricane. But, at the time, we really didn't need a receiver or a QB.

flabs2abs1
03-12-2014, 03:39 AM
What did you guys think of the first day of fa? Specifically the mike mitchell signing.

thegenerel
03-12-2014, 08:38 AM
What did you guys think of the first day of fa? Specifically the mike mitchell signing.

meh, Mitchell doesnt have an established resume, so we shall see, but when I think of him I remember the draft when neither network was prepared for him to be picked. They just sat there asking "who?"

kethnaab
03-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Mitchell seems like a younger, far more athletic version of Ryan Clark to me. I'm cool with the signing.

thegenerel
03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Mitchell seems like a younger, far more athletic version of Ryan Clark to me. I'm cool with the signing.

I thought the same thing but was hesitant to say so as it seemed a bit too easy of a comparison to make.

tsbalr120
03-12-2014, 10:55 AM

This. And it kills any crazy thought of drafting that bama safety with the funny name in the first.

jross2021
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
This. And it kills any crazy thought of drafting that bama safety with the funny name in the first.

HaHa, I agree. I was actually surprised to see Pittsburgh make a signing, and I hope it pans out

thegenerel
03-12-2014, 12:54 PM

HaHa, I agree. I was actually surprised to see Pittsburgh make a signing, and I hope it pans out

I wasnt totally against drafting him, but itll be interesting to see what happens now. My gosh I hope its not Nix, not that I dont think he is talented, but I am unsure he will be out there 3 downs....

they should have just kept sucking at got Sammy Watkins.

jross2021
03-21-2014, 02:25 PM
So, Brown - Wheaten - Moore

breakout year for Heath Miller?

TBH I always have kind of liked Moore, I don't think he gets much of a chance considering how much Brees loves to spread the ball around.

7qSWOPJ3WEk

thegenerel
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
So, Brown - Wheaton - Moore - Evans

breakout year for Heath Miller?

TBH I always have kind of liked Moore, I don't think he gets much of a chance considering how much Brees loves to spread the ball around.

[youtube]7qSWOPJ3WEk[/yoube]

fixed

hindes204
03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
I've also always liked Moore. We are still hurting at WR though, basically Moore is sanders' replacement, now we need a replacement for cotch

jross2021
03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I've also always liked Moore. We are still hurting at WR though, basically Moore is sanders' replacement, now we need a replacement for cotch

I would expect that we draft one.. but Moore kind of makes it so they don't have to reach for anyone they don't like early on. But if that turns out to be Mike Evans like General apparently wants.. hhhhhhhhhnnnnnnghhhhhhhhh

Big7Ben86
04-14-2014, 06:57 PM
looks like evans might be too early for us

Do you think we'd draft Beckham Jr?

kethnaab
04-14-2014, 11:25 PM
looks like evans might be too early for us

Do you think we'd draft Beckham Jr?

very distinct possibility. He is basically Antonio Brown in fast-forward with better hands. I'd take him at 1.15 without hesitation, although I'm still a fan of Kelvin Benjamin (among WRs) and my ideal scenario is that we trade down in the 1st and use whatever pick we get to move up in the 2nd and grab Jordan Matthews at WR.

Mitch1313
04-15-2014, 10:38 AM
So are we drafting a WR or a CB first, keep getting all these mixed reports like every few days how they are going for a CB and now WR and then a safety lol.

jross2021
04-15-2014, 10:44 AM
So are we drafting a WR or a CB first, keep getting all these mixed reports like every few days how they are going for a CB and now WR and then a safety lol.

I'm sure they're just taking a look and they'll draft whichever one of the 3 they like most that's available

kethnaab
04-15-2014, 11:12 AM
i have no idea which direction will go. I have this sneaking suspicion we'll end up drafting Nix, Shazier, or Mosley in the 1st

jross2021
04-24-2014, 10:12 AM
The deadness of this thread depresses me :(.

vs. Browns
@ Ravens
@ Panthers
vs. Buccaneers
@ Jaguars
@ Browns
vs. Texans
vs. Colts
vs. Ravens
@ Jets
@ Titans
BYE
vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Falcons
vs. Chiefs
vs. Bengals

hindes204
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM

vs. Browns
@ Ravens
@ Panthers
vs. Buccaneers
@ Jaguars
@ Browns
vs. Texans
vs. Colts
vs. Ravens
@ Jets
@ Titans
BYE
vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Falcons
vs. Chiefs
vs. Bengals

The activity in this thread is not surprising, we are right in between free agency and the draft. Most people have dissected the draft as much as they possibly can and now are just waiting until the day comes. On another note, I will be driving the five hours to Nashville to catch the Titans game on Monday night this year

EnglishRay
04-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Opinions?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2044881-pittsburgh-steelers-draft-countdown-making-the-case-for-deanthony-thomas

thegenerel
04-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Opinions?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2044881-pittsburgh-steelers-draft-countdown-making-the-case-for-deanthony-thomas

yea if he is there for 5th or in the 6th as the article proposed, Id be all about taking him.

Mitch1313
04-29-2014, 01:19 PM

vs. Browns
@ Ravens
@ Panthers
vs. Buccaneers
@ Jaguars
@ Browns
vs. Texans
vs. Colts
vs. Ravens
@ Jets
@ Titans
BYE
vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Falcons
vs. Chiefs
vs. Bengals

I like the schedule this year, we have no excuses to not do way better then 8-8 this year.
Pretty easy schedule tbh...I can see 11-5 or 12-4 if the OL is really clicking and defense produces some turnovers this year...

Opinions?

I always enjoyed watching him, watched a lot of Oregon games because they are fun to watch with all the speed and scoring.

He could fit in nicely for random big bursts plays that the Steelers sometimes do, but obviously Steeler football is all about the run game, and we got Bell and Blount now which im excited for this year.

Besides for fantasy football :(
Bell is going to get goal line vultured all year by Blount lol

thegenerel
04-29-2014, 01:41 PM
I like the schedule this year, we have no excuses to not do way better then 8-8 this year.
Pretty easy schedule tbh...I can see 11-5 or 12-4 if the OL is really clicking and defense produces some turnovers this year...

I always enjoyed watching him, watched a lot of Oregon games because they are fun to watch with all the speed and scoring.

He could fit in nicely for random big bursts plays that the Steelers sometimes do, but obviously Steeler football is all about the run game, and we got Bell and Blount now which im excited for this year.

Besides for fantasy football :(
Bell is going to get goal line vultured all year by Blount lol

http://www.passfire.com/dotnetnuke/Portals/1/Users/217/85/985/Aw%20Jeez,%20Not%20Again%20Clean!.png

Mitch1313
04-29-2014, 02:21 PM
http://www.passfire.com/dotnetnuke/Portals/1/Users/217/85/985/Aw%20Jeez,%20Not%20Again%20Clean!.png

Lol you know it is.

Ben doesnt throw for anywhere near as many yards as most other QBs. His average of the past 5 years is like 3800 yards...
Todd Haleys 5 yard screen pass bullchit doesnt work.

They've always been a run heavy team.

EnglishRay
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Lol you know it is.

Ben doesnt throw for anywhere near as many yards as most other QBs. His average of the past 5 years is like 3800 yards...

This, hopefully Blount can be a decent power back, similar to the bus.

hindes204
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Lol you know it is.

I hate stats...BUT...huh? He's ranked in the top ten 3 times in the past 5 years in passing yards, the two times he was outside of the top ten he missed 3 games one season and 4 games the other. Soooo, in other words, da fuk are you talkin about

Mitch1313
04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
I hate stats...BUT...huh? He's ranked in the top ten 3 times in the past 5 years in passing yards, the two times he was outside of the top ten he missed 3 games one season and 4 games the other. Soooo, in other words, da fuk are you talkin about

Lol i'm just saying all the other "top" Qbs are well over 4000 and even 5000... Ben doesnt pass THAT much.
Because Todd Haley is an idiot and does a 3-6 yard pass that doesnt work every play.

Big7Ben86
05-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Such a steeler pick

jross2021
05-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Such a steeler pick

Never exciting, always useful.

Wonder if the jags thread says "such a jags pick"

thegenerel
05-13-2014, 12:13 PM
well the draft went much better than expected. I was pissed over Shazier but I am warming up to him, I didnt think he was all that special at OSU, but I didnt watch as much college ball this last year. Love Tuitt and Bryant.

thegenerel
05-13-2014, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U2qc9w6.gif

dat speed.

jross2021
05-13-2014, 12:16 PM
well the draft went much better than expected. I was pissed over Shazier but I am warming up to him, I didnt think he was all that special at OSU, but I didnt watch as much college ball this last year. Love Tuitt and Bryant.

Went full raiders in my opinion. Pretty sure they just did their draft board by 40 time.

thegenerel
05-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Went full raiders in my opinion. Pretty sure they just did their draft board by 40 time.

in terms of the entire draft? the raiders draft ****ty players who were primarily fast.

jross2021
05-13-2014, 12:18 PM
in terms of the entire draft? the raiders draft ****ty players who were primarily fast.

true. At least the Steelers went with decent actual players that were very fast.

LikeAMachine
05-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Shazier was listed as OLB but he played a lot of MLB as well this season. He was more of a sideline to sideline type linebacker, he did have 7 sacks, so he has some pass rush skill. He has good instincts and he was the buckeyes best player. I love my buckeyes but man, we were really bad on defense this year, one of the worst units I can remember.

His combine numbers were sick, but he disappeared for long stretches in games and when bigger guards got their hands on him he struggled mightily. I was surprised when I saw him projected as a first rounder to be honest.

kethnaab
05-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Shazier is Lawrence Timmons but faster and not as stupid.

mjf10
05-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Shazier is Lawrence Timmons but faster and not as stupid.

I feel like Timmons is stronger in the run game. From what I've seen of Shazier he can have a hard time fighting off blocks. But the speed is incredible

DAVEZILLA
05-15-2014, 08:20 AM
damn that was a good draft...we needed speed and we got a lot of it...I cant wait for the season to begin, I always get football fever right after the draft...

Evolutionary1
05-15-2014, 08:44 AM
steelers probably had one of the best drafts(coming from a vikes fan).brb shazier, archer, that 6`7 dlineman.

thegenerel
05-15-2014, 09:00 AM
steelers probably had one of the best drafts(coming from a vikes fan).brb shazier, archer, that 6`7 dlineman.

I was away at a bachelor party with 8-9 Tennessee grads this weekend, we were sitting by the pool when McCullers was picked. They said he eats up space but has zero motor.

DAVEZILLA
05-15-2014, 09:14 AM

I also liked Martavis Bryant, a good replacement for Wallace as a deep threat, which the steelers didnt have last year...

jross2021
05-15-2014, 09:19 AM
I also liked Martavis Bryant, a good replacement for Wallace as a deep threat, which the steelers didnt have last year...

How am I just now realizing the Steelers have Heyward-Bey? Strong 40 times out there.. Ben might have to upgrade his cannon arm for a rocket.

Antonio Brown: 4.47
Heyward-Bey: 4.25
Martavis Bryant: 4.42
Markus Wheaton: 4.34

Heath Miller: 4.87

DAVEZILLA
05-15-2014, 09:25 AM
How am I just now realizing the Steelers have Heyward-Bey? Strong 40 times out there.. Ben might have to upgrade his cannon arm for a rocket.

Antonio Brown: 4.47
Heyward-Bey: 4.25
Martavis Bryant: 4.42
Markus Wheaton: 4.34

Heath Miller: 4.87

damn I didnt know Heyward-Bey was that fast...its going to be a fun season to watch...

jross2021
05-15-2014, 09:31 AM
damn I didnt know Heyward-Bey was that fast...its going to be a fun season to watch...

Don't forget speedy lance and his 4.52 :)

kethnaab
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I feel like Timmons is stronger in the run game. From what I've seen of Shazier he can have a hard time fighting off blocks. But the speed is incredible

Timmons still has problems getting off blocks 7 years later. He never has learned how to do that.

and the best pick we made, by far, Stephon Tuitt

thegenerel
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I need some kethnaab analysis

hindes204
08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
I want to hold off judgement to see a little more plaing time, but damn, Shazier is off to one hell of a start

hindes204
08-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Our running game is officially fukked

jacklambert58
08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
here come the blunt jokes

jross2021
08-20-2014, 07:22 PM
**** it, just start Archer. Lets see what hes got.

kethnaab
08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
I need some kethnaab analysis

* Keisel will be handed the starting job the moment he is in good enough shape, and Tuitt will ride the bench like Heyward, further crippling our already problematic run defense
* We just paid Marcus Gilbert way too damn much money for an average RT
* Idiot athletes and their obsession with pot never cease to amaze me
* If Tomlin is stupid enough to bring back Will Allen and play him while Shamarko Thomas and Robert Golden continue to rot on the bench, I swear I'll fly to Pittsburgh and punch that dumb motherfukker in his goddamned head

Big7Ben86
08-21-2014, 07:12 AM
**** it, just start Archer. Lets see what hes got.

In b4 he gets caught and smokin blunts returnin punts is a thing

EctohBroh
08-21-2014, 07:33 AM
* Keisel will be handed the starting job the moment he is in good enough shape, and Tuitt will ride the bench like Heyward, further crippling our already problematic run defense
* If Tomlin is stupid enough to bring back Will Allen and play him while Shamarko Thomas and Robert Golden continue to rot on the bench, I swear I'll fly to Pittsburgh and punch that dumb motherfukker in his goddamned head
Damn, was hoping there would at least be some positivity. I don't even know what to think of these season... even though it seems improved, the defense remains my main concern, that Miami game last year was a travesty.

jross2021
08-21-2014, 07:52 AM
I was so excited for the Bell/Blount combo man. I don't even know anymore. Would be dope to have a Shazier/Archer combo.

Big7Ben86
08-21-2014, 01:12 PM
I was so excited for the Bell/Blount combo man. I don't even know anymore. Would be dope to have a Shazier/Archer combo.

I just bought a bell jersey a couple days ago.

For every josh Gordon/blackmon out there, there's 100 players smoking on the regular. As long as they take a break and don't get caught again I don't see this being a problem. McKnight road is a very bad place to be with weed

jross2021
08-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Tank for Winston crew

kethnaab
08-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Tank for Winston crew

why?

next season, our starting OLBs will be Arthur Moats and Chris Carter or Howard Jones.

Worilds is gone, and Jervis is complete and utter horsetrash.

DirtyD79
08-22-2014, 04:39 PM
* If Tomlin is stupid enough to bring back Will Allen and play him while Shamarko Thomas and Robert Golden continue to rot on the bench, I swear I'll fly to Pittsburgh and punch that dumb motherfukker in his goddamned head At this point they might as well bring back James Harrison too. The Steelers seem to love playing guys so old they fart mummy dust as starters.

BishsBMirin
08-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I just bought a bell jersey a couple days ago.

Can't wait to bring the Joey Porter jersey back out this year since he is a part of the team again. Haven't worn it since the 2005 season/Super Bowl run.

DirtyD79
08-30-2014, 11:03 PM
Can't wait to bring the Joey Porter jersey back out this year since he is a part of the team again. Haven't worn it since the 2005 season/Super Bowl run. I still got an old Rod Woodson jersey and an old Erric Pegram jersey I've been wearing for years. Nostalgia for the `90s steelers even though they didn't win the big one crew checkin' in.

jross2021
09-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Am I the only one that feels like they lost? That second half was ****ing embarrassing.

EnglishRay
09-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Am I the only one that feels like they lost? That second half was ****ing embarrassing.

I'll agree, although watching the ball fly over the post with 0 seconds to go was satisfying.

Feels good watching Bell perform so well, knowing he is only going to improve in the next few years and Dri Archer is right behind him.

kethnaab
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
The problems we had are a repeat of last season.

Disorganized defensive communications - Timmons is still learning how to call the position. That's a bit frightening since he's in his 8th season, but we saw it (and read about it) last season, the exact same thing, people having issues getting lined up properly, executing the proper assignment, knowing what the defensive playcall is, and adapting to the offensive changes.

Getting gashed while in nickel - Just because Thomas is fat and slow doesn't mean he's a good size for a defensive tackle, and Heyward is NOT meant to be a DT. When we move our DEs inside to play as DTs, and we bring our undersized OLBs in to play essentially DE, we are running a woefully undersized 4-2-5 that cannot generate a pass rush since Heyward is the only guy who can consistently beat his guy. Thomas is easily blocked by 1 guy, even a TE at times, and Jones was frequently lined up against TEs and got beat in both the run game and the passing game.

CBs being forced to play against their nature due to no pass rush - the thing people forget about our glorious game vs. New England in 2011 when we actually won...everyone says "our CBs played tight man coverage!" Well yes, and Lamarr Woodley and Brett Keisel were beasts that game and kept Brady from having any time. Playing the CBs tight only works when we generate a pass rush. When we don't, our guys get beat deep, as we saw all last season with the big play (after big play after big play).

To defend the no-huddle, we need to

1. Be prepared for the no-huddle. Our guys need to know what the hell to do so they aren't standing up at the snap, looking around, wondering 'wtf do we do now?'

2. Get real players out there who belong at their positions. If we're going to try to run a 4-2-5, then we damn sure need more size out there. Heyward and Keisel can be the DEs. Worilds and Jarvis Jones CANNOT. Hey, here's a crazy thought...let's get the 305-lb rookie DL out there who played both DT and DE in college, and is bull strong? Sure he'll make some mistakes, but is he REALLY going to be worse than Cam frickin' Thomas?

3. We have spoken at length about forcing those 3rd and longs rather than 3rd and short. We've spoken at length about getting into 2nd and 9 rather than 2nd and 4. We need to be serious about the NT position. I like McLendon, and I don't think he's to blame, but he's simply not a 2-gap NT. When you have 2 guys in Timmons and Shazier who are faster than they are strong, you MUST have a space eater inside to eat up the OC and one of the OGs. We are once again trying to shoehorn a round peg into a square hole. We did it with Ziggy (penetrating DT forced into a read/react 5-tech position), we're doing it with Steve McLendon (penetrating DT forced into a 2-gap NT position) and we're doing it with Cam Thomas (UFA-talent backup forced into a starting-talent role)

We could do this successfully when we had Woodley and Harrison because, well, Woodley was 275 lbs and Harrison was one of the strongest guys in the NFL. Worilds isn't strong, and Jarvis Jones is downright small and weak. We legitimately cannot expect them to be able to play the role of a 4-3 DE.

pourman, what you say has a lot of truth, but it's scary that we weren't prepared for the no-huddle. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL RUNS IT to a certain extent. Zero reason why we shouldn't expect it, especially since over the last few years it has been so consistently effective against us.

Honestly, the best thing that could've happened to us would've been to lose one of the games at the end of 2012 so we could pick up Lotulelei (although I'm quite positive we would've foolishly gone after Jones anyway). Lotulelei is one of those rare guys who could play NT as a 0-technique on run downs and still generate pressure up the middle on passing downs without huffing and puffing.

to make matters worse, we keep Ike as a starter 2 years past when he should be a backup/part time guy, we let the only good CB go for a song, pay Marcus Gilbert more money than Keenan Lewis got so that he could get his ass handed to him in both the run and passing game (Again), we continue to trot Kelvin Beachum out there as a starter when he has no business being anything more than the "oh $hit" injury-replacement guy, we keep Heath Miller, his 20-inch vertical, and his 5.3x40 yard dash as our only real TE, and we pull Bell and throw the ball on a deep fade/wheel end zone route to LeGarrette Blount, who has only broken that magical "6-reception" mark once in his career.

Honestly, we need to just get the ball in Bell's hands as often as possible. Ben will find AB and AB will find Ben. We got ourselves a real player in Markus Wheaton who showed more in 60 minutes of football last week than Emmanuel Sanders showed in 3 years. Troy needs to stop trying to do everything, but it's tough since he's about the only one on defense who can do ANYTHING.

ugh.

This team will score 400 but will give up 400. This is not your Daddy's Pittsburgh Steelers. We need to either go all-in and surround Ben with weapons or we need to get Tomlin the hell out of the draft room and remove all defensive decisions from him regarding personnel. He either fukks it up and drafts incompetent dolts like Jarvis Jones or he drafts a good dude like Tuitt and sits him on the bench behind a guy who lost his job to Sean Lissemore in San Diego.

Mitch1313
09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Always love reading your giant in depth steelers analysis posts keth

in for a petition to get you as a steelers coach. lol

Hoping we can get the W tonight against the Ravens, they looked pretty sloppy week 1.

EctohBroh
09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Worried about tonight's game because our games with the Ravens are always close, it's on the road, and I just don't see them losing their first 2 games at home to division rivals. Hope I'm wrong.

Mitch1313
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Not watching another Steelers game till Haley is fired or we have someone else. This guys a joke to football.

Most useless coach ever.

brb 3rd and 15 lets throw a 2 yard pass that goes no where.

brb 3 yard screen pass play every other play.

brb not letting ben do no huddle where he and the offense is best at doing.

brb another 8-8 season and missing playoffs. if that.

EDIT: Dont even care if they come back and win. So sick of watching this horrible football. When the fukk will it end?

BishsBMirin
09-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Not watching another Steelers game till Haley is fired or we have someone else. This guys a joke to football.

Most useless coach ever.

brb 3rd and 15 lets throw a 2 yard pass that goes no where.

brb 3 yard screen pass play every other play.

brb not letting ben do no huddle where he and the offense is best at doing.

brb another 8-8 season and missing playoffs. if that.

Just said this 10 minutes ago brother. I'm with you

EctohBroh
09-11-2014, 09:12 PM
So bad...

kethnaab
09-11-2014, 09:30 PM
that was vomit

wendel34
09-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I am from and live in the Pittsburgh Area and hate the Steelers, love the Pens and Pirates. Why do i hate the Steelers? THE FANS. I hate going to games cause most fans act like A$$hats. They are always making excuses for the losses and boo the players if they are losing. They talk trash and the coaches have lost control of the players. back in the day if a player was arrested or caused problems they were gone. Now players are arrested and the team and fans make excuses. There are players on the team I like but teh fans kill it for me. But i am sure everry NFL team is the same.....

EnglishRay
09-12-2014, 03:16 AM
I am from and live in the Pittsburgh Area and hate the Steelers, love the Pens and Pirates. Why do i hate the Steelers? THE FANS. I hate going to games cause most fans act like A$$hats. They are always making excuses for the losses and boo the players if they are losing. They talk trash and the coaches have lost control of the players. back in the day if a player was arrested or caused problems they were gone. Now players are arrested and the team and fans make excuses. There are players on the team I like but teh fans kill it for me. But i am sure everry NFL team is the same.....

Think NFL fans are bad, you come to England and see what it's like here with football(soccer).
People will not stop making ****ty excuses for anything that happens and I mean anything! A team could lose 10-0 it is all the referees fault!! the players are ridiculously dumb and sleep with each others' wives and can't even score.

WRXbrah
09-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Can't imagine how you guys must have felt as I'm not even a Steeler fan but the 2 bs helmet to helmet calls really rustled my jimmies. Also whats the deal with your lack of pass rush?

jross2021
09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Tank for 1st pick then trade back and use all picks next year on lineman?

Holy crap Gilbert is bad. I only watched until halftime because I couldn't stand the way they were playing, but Gilbert got beat for an easy sack, had an offsides moving them out of FG range, then got ran the **** over to let up a sack. Disgusting.

kethnaab
09-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Can't imagine how you guys must have felt as I'm not even a Steeler fan but the 2 bs helmet to helmet calls really rustled my jimmies. Also whats the deal with your lack of pass rush?

Tomlin is confirmed potato and cannot draft pass rushers to save his life.

Tank for 1st pick then trade back and use all picks next year on lineman?

we will have Cortez Allen and Willie Gay starting at CB
we will have Arthur Moats and Jarvis Jones starting at OLB

you sure you want to do that?

that's the problem. Tomlin and Colbert have been wretched with personnel management since they've been here. Tomlin is taking this team and running it into the gutter. He won in 2008 with Cowher's players, and guess what season was the first season we had a majority of Tomlin starters? 2012. Not a coincidence we stopped winning once our team was composed primarily of Tomlin starters.

want ot get sick to your stomach?

Linval Joseph got 5 years, $31.5M
Paul Soliai got 5 years, $33M

guess how much we paid Marcus Gilbert? 5 years, $30M. Guess who has given up more sacks in 2013 and 2014? NOBODY.

Mitch1313
09-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I feel like the Steelers arent going to fire Tomlin or Haley...

They've just been going full potato the past few years... seems its just getting worse and worse lol 8-8... 8-8... this year probably 8-8 but seeing the schedule it doesnt even look to be 8-8 this year with how the defense was horrible first two games.

Last half the last year they picked it up and did great. WHY? Because Ben took over and did no huddle and called the plays and did what works best for him and the offense.
I dont understand Haleys obsession with this dumb play calling

brb screen play every other play.
brb 3rd and 15 throw the ball 2 yards and get no where
brb never lets Big Ben do no huddle
brb brb brb WHAT THE FUKK.

Still raging from last night.

Also mad how that fat fukk 340 lbs Ngata got an interception but our defense cant do that and didnt give the effort that he did to dive for that INT.
Polamalu is like the only one who knows what hes doing so hes being a try hard and trying to do it all. Feelsbadman.

The first drive I was happy then whoever the **** that random ass Justin Brown WR is that ive never heard of all off season or training camp fumbles when were about to score.
Turned it off after that... and saw the end of the 4th when fatass ngata got the INT

kethnaab
09-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I feel like the Steelers arent going to fire Tomlin or Haley... they won't. The standard is the standard. Haley is a hometown boy and Tomlin is their cool guy coach with pithy quotes and no fukking clue how to evaluate football talent that isn't at the WR position

They've just been going full potato the past few years... seems its just getting worse and worse lol 8-8... 8-8... this year probably 8-8 but seeing the schedule it doesnt even look to be 8-8 this year with how the defense was horrible first two games. the best thing that could've happened to us in 2012 and 2013 would've been to finish 7-9.

We finish 7-9 in 2012 and we have a choice of Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei or Kenny Vaccaro.
We finish 7-9 in 2013 and we have a choice of Taylor Lewan, Aaron Donald, or Kyle Fuller

problem is, Tomlin is such a fukkbrained idiot he would've still gone with Jervis and Shazier. At least Shazier doesn't suck

Last half the last year they picked it up and did great. WHY? Because Ben took over and did no huddle and called the plays and did what works best for him and the offense.
I dont understand Haleys obsession with this dumb play calling
it's not his obsession, it's his nature

brb screen play every other play.
brb 3rd and 15 throw the ball 2 yards and get no where
brb never lets Big Ben do no huddle
brb brb brb WHAT THE FUKK.

Still raging from last night.

Also mad how that fat fukk 340 lbs Ngata got an interception but our defense cant do that and didnt give the effort that he did to dive for that INT.
Polamalu is like the only one who knows what hes doing so hes being a try hard and trying to do it all. Feelsbadman.
yeah, and he's lost a step so those 'fly around' tacklse he normally makes, he's missing. Timmons is sucking SO HARD right now it's painful., it's just ridiculous. We have zero pass rush, and we bring in a piece of trash like Cam Thomas and we pay a fat tub of $hit like Marcus Gilbert all this money...

want to know something sick?

Paul Soliai got a 5 year, $33M contract
Linval Joseph got 5 years, $31.5M

guess how much we paid Marcus Gilbert's pathetic ass to lead the NFL in sacks over the last 2 seasons?

5 years, $30M

unreal

The first drive I was happy then whoever the **** that random ass Justin Brown WR is that ive never heard of all off season or training camp fumbles when were about to score.
Turned it off after that... and saw the end of the 4th when fatass ngata got the INT

grumble.

Mitch1313
09-13-2014, 07:04 PM
grumble.

feelsbadman.jpeg.

and we still have no back up QB if Ben gets hurt again...

EnglishRay
09-14-2014, 08:59 AM
feelsbadman.jpeg.

and we still have no back up QB if Ben gets hurt again...

Always thought that without all the injuries Dixon had some top potential for a backup QB. Shame he couldn't stay healthy throughout his career.

BishsBMirin
09-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Flags and screen passes already. Fml and Todd Haley

Mitch1313
09-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Flags and screen passes already. Fml and Todd Haley

Should we even be surprised? lol

brb 3rd & 13 screen pass.
brb screen pass
brb screen pass
brb throw the ball 2 yards
brb I'm a fukking potato my name is Todd Haley

EDIT: Holy chit, what did I just watch? Not sure if dreaming.
See what happens when Ben runs the offense... about fukking time.
Glad to see we ran the ball great finally, 265 rushing yards.
Hope we can keep this up.

BishsBMirin
09-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Should we even be surprised? lol

brb 3rd & 13 screen pass.
brb screen pass
brb screen pass
brb throw the ball 2 yards
brb I'm a fukking potato my name is Todd Haley

EDIT: Holy chit, what did I just watch? Not sure if dreaming.
See what happens when Ben runs the offense... about fukking time.
Glad to see we ran the ball great finally, 265 rushing yards.
Hope we can keep this up.

There is no way Todd Haley can justify his chit play calling after the 2nd half of this game. Run the ball, let Ben run the offense. Period.

KrayzieMiscer
09-21-2014, 10:13 PM
****en aye O looked good tonight. Nice job to Bell for breaking Fuquas record!

kethnaab
09-21-2014, 10:18 PM
*scratches head*

da'fuq???

just...I mean...I don't even...

DA'FUQ?!?!?!

EctohBroh
09-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Funny, after all the doom and gloom from the Baltimore game, (knock on wood) with this upcoming schedule, things could be looking up.

Just wish they brought this effort to Baltimore... I really don't think they're that good, they were lucky to beat the Browns yesterday.

jross2021
09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
*scratches head*

da'fuq???

just...I mean...I don't even...

DA'FUQ?!?!?!

I'm so confused man. They looked really good, but they didn't and I was bitching at first about the play calling. I don't know man. I can't stand how Haley ****ing babies Ben though. Acting like he's not a 2x Super Bowl champ and constantly running screens to fb's on 3rd and long. I don't get it. But, as long as we have Bell, Brown and Ben this team is always capable of putting up big numbers.

Big7Ben86
09-22-2014, 04:57 PM
James Harrison hinting a return?

BishsBMirin
09-22-2014, 04:58 PM
James Harrison hinting a return?

Source?

dirtdickens
09-22-2014, 06:34 PM
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?attachments/image-jpg.27167/

Mitch1313
09-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Source?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11571718/james-harrison-expected-cut-retirement-short-return-pittsburgh-steelers

Patiently waiting to see what Keth has to say lol.

Dis gon be good.

BishsBMirin
09-22-2014, 10:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11571718/james-harrison-expected-cut-retirement-short-return-pittsburgh-steelers

Patiently waiting to see what Keth has to say lol.

Dis gon be good.

Oh. Fukkin. Lawd.

Backus21
09-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Seems like a long time since I can look back and not have a laundry list of bad things to say about the play/coaching/execution of the previous game. Feels good. Offense was explosive and we were able to run like crazy as well as utilize the passing game. You can tell when the team goes uptempo, Ben is calling the plays and I love it. Matter as well run no huddle the whole game with potato Hayley as OC. Defense was getting after cam and the LB's were all over the place which was great to see. Big Cam is such an animal and I still love The Beard.

But despite all the great things the injuries really bummed me out. Ike is out for weeks with that arm. Shaz is missing at least the next game (was happy the injury wasn't more serious). And JJ is gonna miss a long time which will hurt his progression. Dude needs all the snaps he can get. I've been hard on him (deservedly so) but he's shown a little growth since last year thank god. Really sucks to get injuries at the LBs/CB because were thin there. Looks like we will be seeing more of your boy William Gay out there keth lol

Hope we sign Harrison just for sheer depth and lockerroom presence. Will never be upset to see #92 out there

Mitch1313
09-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Hope we sign Harrison just for sheer depth and lockerroom presence. Will never be upset to see #92 out there

Cant wait to see how much Goodell fines him for coming out of retirement.

Should be on the NFL page any time now....

Mitch1313
09-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Ready for this trap game today... lol

EDIT: lol... saw this coming last week, already knew we would lose this game.

Pathetic... absolutely 100% pathetic. Sick of this horrible defense 3 years in a row and losing to bad teams. Cannot watch this **** anymore.

EctohBroh
10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I don't even know what to say anymore. I guess this: not gonna go blaming just one person in particular... but multiple people. This is getting bad, and has been bad since the Tebow game.

joedirt87
10-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Will Le'Veon Bell ever score another touchdown? It shouldn't be that hard to run an offense with one of the best WR and best RB in the game right now. Please right this ship Steelers.

jross2021
10-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Will Le'Veon Bell ever score another touchdown? It shouldn't be that hard to run an offense with one of the best WR and best RB in the game right now. Please right this ship Steelers.

It seemed like they were scared to go at Haden early on and weren't trying to get the ball to Brown. They kind of had to later on because Wheaton is straight booty.

It really pissed me off when it was first and goal and they were like run, run, run, fg.

joedirt87
10-12-2014, 08:13 PM
It seemed like they were scared to go at Haden early on and weren't trying to get the ball to Brown. They kind of had to later on because Wheaton is straight booty.

It really pissed me off when it was first and girl and they were like run, run, run, fg.

weird that they would be afraid of Haden given A. Brown's track record against him.

kethnaab
10-12-2014, 09:13 PM

It really pissed me off when it was first and girl and they were like run, run, run, fg.

weird that they would be afraid of Haden given A. Brown's track record against him.

and the fact that Haden was injured and Brown was beating him all over the field

Tomlin and Haley are incompetent, and LeBeau has gone senile. This team is a clusterfukk of incompetency. Ben should ask for $120M so that when the Steelers refuse, he can go somewhere where he has a chance to win.

Mitch1313
10-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Was hoping to wake up today and see that everyone was fired.

Probably asking for to much though.

kethnaab
10-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Was hoping to wake up today and see that everyone was fired.

Probably asking for to much though.

we won't fire anybody until the offseason, and even then, it won't be anybody important.

some little irrelevant $hitstain will get canned, that's it.

Big7Ben86
10-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Seems like a lot of local yinzers have this picture of our offense from the Bruce Arians days comparable to the greatest show on turf or the 2007 patriots. My has time fogged memories

But running on 21/28 plays to start the game is awful. Especially when you have one of the most favorable qb matchups ever (18-2 now)?

BishsBMirin
10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I had more faith in making the playoffs last year after starting 0-4 than I do this season. This is awful.

Mitch1313
10-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I had more faith in making the playoffs last year after starting 0-4 than I do this season. This is awful.

we should be 5-1...

Shouldnt have lost to Tampa or the Browns.

jross2021
10-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Todd Haley while watching TY Hilton destroy Houston with speed and route running.

"If we run a bunch of screens to Brown and dumpoffs to Bell, maybe can can score once or twice this game!"

Mitch1313
10-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Lol another surprise start.... not.

Expected as usual, turned it back to USA womens soccer cause they actually score a lot, and win games unlike the Steelers.

Not even watching or turning on another game the rest of the year.

Keth is probably right, nobody will get fired and we will go no where in the offseason again.

This has been a wonderful few years of being a steelers fan lmao... getting straight up pathetic.

ygbodybuilder10
10-20-2014, 07:54 PM
my pickle just got hard steelers coming for there ass

Mitch1313
10-20-2014, 07:56 PM
LOL, talk **** and they score 24 points out of know where... probably cause I turned off the game, oh well.

Friends blowing up my phone now...

jross2021
10-20-2014, 07:59 PM
This happened.

Brb waking up in 3 hours and it's monday morning.

YG in this bitch.

Have gotten at least 3 texts about Brown being the best qb in the league.

Mitch1313
10-20-2014, 08:39 PM
This happened.

Brb waking up in 3 hours and it's monday morning.

YG in this bitch.

Have gotten at least 3 texts about Brown being the best qb in the league.

lol right?

edit: and back to a whole quarter of nothing and crap lol.
maybe I should change the channel again, hopefully they score another 24 if i do

hindes204
10-20-2014, 08:47 PM
This team is straight schizophrenic

BishsBMirin
11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Brought out the old Joey P jersey for Halloween

http://i.imgur.com/zXOYRTv.jpg

Backus21
11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
^^ nice. Love seeing old man joey on the sidelines.

But I've been begging for this type of coaching the last few weeks. Let ben (a two time super bowl winning qb) the keys to the offense. Let him run the hurry up the majority of the game because he thrives in it. And I love some of the trick plays we are using now. And on defense I am really liking that lebeau is using that 1-5-5 formation again to confuse the opponent of whos blitzing and who's not. seems like I haven't seen offensive trick plays of the 1-5-5 in years now lol.

On another note, it sucks that Shaz got hurt again. Really want him on that field. And on offense, bell is getting better weekly. Plus I'm loving Bryant even more. Knew he was an awesome pick when we grabbed him. Especially after I watched him have his way with OSU's secondary last bowl season. Our trio of WRs and the bell/Blount combo are awesome to watch.

Borla118
11-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Going to my first nfl/steelers game

saints at steelers 11/30

so pumped, any advice? places around the stadium to see, food to get, etc.

steelers reps all around

kethnaab
11-05-2014, 03:42 PM
LeBeau goes hogwild aggressive on defense and brings the name "Blitzburgh" back to town
Haley and Tomlin remove their heads from their asses and refocus the offense around the best player on the team

incredible what happens. we generate turnovers, Ben plays like the beast he is, and all of a sudden, we're 6-3

I would pinch myself, but I'm afraid I'd wake up from this wonderful dream

hindes204
11-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I was apprehensive about Deebo coming back, didn't expect much, thought he was finished. Dude is still a beast, great to have him back

Mitch1313
11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Still HATE Todd Haley, and hope he gets a cactus shoved up his ass because the first few games of the season.

We should easily be 7-2 if not 8-1 even, shouldnt have lost to the browns or bucs.

Admos
11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Sup Steelers Brahs. We recorded a podcast today spotlighting the Pittsburgh Steelers. With a Steelers fan as our guest to represent the fanbase.

40 minutes of Steelers talk! Contains a recap of the year to date, and predictions of what might be to come. Check it out if you have the time, I appreciate any feedback.

TBP27 - Spotlight on the Pittsburgh Steelers: Check it out HERE (http://twobrotherspodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-11-08T22_16_36-08_00)

Mitch1313
11-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Wow not surprised at all.

Haley fukking has the worst game play against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

congrats you are the biggest joke ever

hindes204
11-09-2014, 03:11 PM

Haley fukking has the worst game play against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

congrats you are the biggest joke ever

Most decimated secondary in the league....let's start the game with nothing but runs and bubble screens, seems like a great plan!!!!

EctohBroh
11-11-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm not even surprised they lost... funny how the Steelers can beat good teams then lose to chit ones.

kethnaab
11-11-2014, 08:42 AM

I'm not even surprised they lost... funny how the Steelers can beat good teams then lose to chit ones.

we're not surprised, because this has been how the team consistently performs against bottom-feeders during the Mike Tomlin era.

There are 5 teams in the NFL with 2 or less wins, the Jaguars, the Raiders, the Jets, and the Bucs

The Bucs got their only win against us.
The NYJ got one of their 2 wins against us.
The Jags were 1 point down until the 4th quarter

Most decimated secondary in the league....let's start the game with nothing but runs and bubble screens

yep, it's called "turtleball", aka Tomlinball. It's what Tomlin does. He turtles. He coaches like he's afraid. It's why we went into the games against the Jags, the Bucs, and the Browns doing nothing but handing off and throwing very short, conservative passes and dump offs. yes, it's part Haley, but this has been a hallmark of Tomlinball.

Mitch1313
11-13-2014, 09:12 PM
we're not surprised, because this has been how the team consistently performs against bottom-feeders during the Mike Tomlin era.

There are 5 teams in the NFL with 2 or less wins, the Jaguars, the Raiders, the Jets, and the Bucs

The Bucs got their only win against us.
The NYJ got one of their 2 wins against us.
The Jags were 1 point down until the 4th quarter

yep, it's called "turtleball", aka Tomlinball. It's what Tomlin does. He turtles. He coaches like he's afraid. It's why we went into the games against the Jags, the Bucs, and the Browns doing nothing but handing off and throwing very short, conservative passes and dump offs. yes, it's part Haley, but this has been a hallmark of Tomlinball.

Its like the suffering for us fans is never going to end...

nobody is getting canned and no changes are being made.

Driving me insane

BishsBMirin
12-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Win and in...you guys ready?

thegenerel
12-29-2014, 08:26 AM
its funny to read the last few pages. this team surprised us all. I guess we just had to be a little patient and let things unfold.

that being said, I dont expect much for the playoffs, but Id rather be looking at facing Denver than the Patriots (not saying I assume the Ravens game is a lock)

jross2021
12-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Ben should ask for $120M so that when the Steelers refuse, he can go somewhere where he has a chance to win.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/antonio-brown-td-celebration.gif?w=1000

EnglishRay
01-03-2015, 04:36 AM
So Bell is out against the Ravens, frustrating.

EctohBroh
01-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Rooting for Lord Belichick next week crew. Honestly, if it would've been Denver eliminating us, I would have felt a whole lot better. Didn't think this potato defense with Bell banged up was gonna go far anyway.

Of course, I just started dating a girl who's a Ravens fan so....

jross2021
01-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Of course, I just started dating a girl who's a Ravens fan so....

Negged.

EctohBroh
01-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Negged.
It's rough man.

Big7Ben86
01-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Has anyone paid a lot of attention to Shamarko Thomas this year? Was really big on him, but not sure if he's still developing or he's stuck in lebeau hell

I know he had that special teams penalty, but that's all I can recall from him recently

I haven't felt this awful about our safety situation since that Anthony smith game against New England in 2007

kethnaab
01-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Has anyone paid a lot of attention to Shamarko Thomas this year? Was really big on him, but not sure if he's still developing or he's stuck in lebeau hell

I know he had that special teams penalty, but that's all I can recall from him recently

I haven't felt this awful about our safety situation since that Anthony smith game against New England in 2007

no clue who was responsible for Shark sitting all season. He played great on teams, but wasn't allowed on the field for regular snaps. Was it LeBeau? Was it Tomlin? Not sure. One way or another, we're going to learn alot about Mike Tomlin's view of defense and how much control he has over the hiring and firing on this team.

I can see John Mitchell leaving the Steelers, as well as Troy, Beard, and Ike retiring now.

jross2021
01-12-2015, 07:32 AM
no clue who was responsible for Shark sitting all season. He played great on teams, but wasn't allowed on the field for regular snaps. Was it LeBeau? Was it Tomlin? Not sure. One way or another, we're going to learn alot about Mike Tomlin's view of defense and how much control he has over the hiring and firing on this team.

I can see John Mitchell leaving the Steelers, as well as Troy, Beard, and Ike retiring now.

Yikes! Though Troy leaving doesn't really affect the team much since he doesn't play anyway. Ike retiring might be a boost at this point. I know I'm going to go into the draft, praying they draft a corner early on, and they'll take 3 lineman and a fast running back before grabbing a corner in the 5th.

kethnaab
01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Ike's been downright bad the last 2 seasons. Troy was very mediocre this year.

if we hold off until the 5th to grab a CB, I'd fire Tomlin and Colbert almost immediately.

I say "almost" because the firing would have to wait until I throat punched both of those motherfukkers

mjf10
03-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Crazy how much headlines the NFL grabs even in its offseason months. Football season truly is year round.

Interesting offseason for the Steelers, I expect the defence to be drastically different come September. Worilds, Troy, Harrison, Ike, Keisel all likely have played their last games in black and gold. Going to be interesting to see how Colbert and co. address the secondary. The process of drafting middle round CBs has not yielded much returns in the past few drafts. Mitchell and Shamarko likely to play greater roles and hopefully Mitchell can get healthy and have a redemption season. Top of my wish list for 2015 would be to see Jarvis Jones and Shazier take steps forward and embrace the opportunity to play linebacker for the Steelers. There is good young talent on this defence... I loved Tuitt's play down the stretch. I think the next half decade of watching Cam and Tutt anchor the 34 front will be fun.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and go steelers.

Big7Ben86
03-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Crazy Worilds retired

However nice to see Ngata go

Steelers have made a big splash thus far, locking up Matt Spaeth