PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

thegenerel
12-26-2012, 05:45 PM
as the draft is my favorite time of the year it will be interesting to pick in the upper half for the first time in a while. picking in the 20s and 30s means September-February is fun, picking in the teens is fun from January-April

with Mingo sliding a bit, thoughts on taking him if available?

kethnaab
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
as the draft is my favorite time of the year it will be interesting to pick in the upper half for the first time in a while. picking in the 20s and 30s means September-February is fun, picking in the teens is fun from January-April

with Mingo sliding a bit, thoughts on taking him if available?

said it elsewhere, I'll say it again.

Mingo scares me. Obviously he is talented, but when you have that much talent, and you have that much talent around you, and you STILL don't do squat, it tells me something.

I get the feeling he is complacent. He lives off his natural athleticism, and when he is faced with an NFL-caliber offensive line, such as with Texas A&M, he does nothing. Considering the lazy-ass, lacksadaisical, entitlement attitude our team has developed these last few seasons, I'm not sure we're the right team for a guy like Mingo.

thegenerel
12-28-2012, 08:43 AM
said it elsewhere, I'll say it again.

Mingo scares me. Obviously he is talented, but when you have that much talent, and you have that much talent around you, and you STILL don't do squat, it tells me something.

I get the feeling he is complacent. He lives off his natural athleticism, and when he is faced with an NFL-caliber offensive line, such as with Texas A&M, he does nothing. Considering the lazy-ass, lacksadaisical, entitlement attitude our team has developed these last few seasons, I'm not sure we're the right team for a guy like Mingo.

who are your targets for the draft then?

kethnaab
12-28-2012, 09:18 AM

well, LeBeau is back...yet again...so yet again our defense is forced into the 'same ol' same ol', so I dunno WTF we're going to do. If Lotulelei drops, we get him. I can only hope if he did fall, that he won't be forced into a squat and hold style like Snack, since he is a lot more explosive and athletic than Snack. Then again, that didn't stop Mitchell from trying to turn Ziggy into Aaron Smith, and they have even less in common stylistically than Snack and Lotulelei. Of course, I'm not worried much about this because I cannot possibly fathom him getting past Jacksonville, Oakland, and Philadelphia, all of whom would snatch him up given the opportunity.

right now we pick 14th. Worst case scenario is that we win, and Miami, New Orlenas, and St. Louis all lose, so we'll be down to 1.18. Best case scenario is that we lose, and Tampa, NYJ, and Carolina all win, which will put us at 1.11, close enough to jump into the top 10 with a fairly easy trade or 2.

I'd say that Damontre Moore is my primary target, but I don't think he will fall past Buffalo and Cleveland. Jarvis Jones is an explosive pass rusher, but his age, health issues, and lack of anchor concern me. that said, if he's there, I would probably put him in black and gold.

As odd as it might sound, best player available might well be yet another offensive lineman, either Chance Warmack or Taylor Lewan, although I'll be surprised if Philly, Arizona, and San Diego all pass on a franchise LT prospect. I'm also not against going for a WR. If Terrance Williams or Keenan Allen are available, I'd give them serious looks. I'm also partial to Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes. Both are physical CBs who tackle well and have ball skills, and I'd have zero issues trying to convert either of them (or Cortez allen) to free safety/strong safety and really bolster our defensive secondary.

I think overall, I'd probably be happiest with Chance Warmack for 3 reasons:

1. He's a monstrous beast who gets movement in the run game
2. He's a RG who would definitely force us to move DeCastro over to where he belongs, i.e. LG. That we had Willie Colon and Ramon Foster pulling, while lining up a pair of rookies side by side, 1 of whom was a UDFA, the other who was on IR all season, really makes me think Kugler, Haley, and/or Tomlin are fuking morons.
3. Most importantly, a pair of 1st round OGs means that Colon will finally be sent packing, albeit 3 seasons too late. of course, knowing this front office, we'll keep Willie Colon, the most penalized interior offensive lineman in the NFL, and jettison Max Starks, who has been our best offensive lineman, by far, for each of the last 2 seasons.

If we grab a guy like Lewan, that would allow us to keep Mike Adams at RT, and then that would allow Gilbert to compete at the LG spot against Colon, and hopefully Gilbert would win, again allowing us to kick that fat slovenly piece of $hit to the curb, although again, knowing us, we'll release Foster, who is cheaper and just as good while being far less penalized.

I also don't think we'll lose this last game. Tomlin will find some way to finally rally the troops, like he did in 2009, to avoid our first losing season since 2003. Damn shame we couldn't give enough of a $hit against a team like Cinci which was, essentially, a playoff game for us. So we'll end up winning a meaningless game that will do nothing except push us down to about 17th or 18th in the draft

some other possibilities include a guy like Manti Te'o who, although a bit overrated, brings size, coverage ability, and desperately-needed leaership and smarts to our LB corps.

Yes, I'm still grumpy and pissed off.

if it were me (and it's not, and this won't happen for reasons I mentioned above), I'd start this lineup on the defensive side of the ball:

Heyward - Ta'amu - McClendon
Worilds - Brandon Johnson/Marshall McFadden/Sylvester Stevenson - Adrian Robinson

and then in the secondary, I'd get Will Allen, Curtis Brown, and Robert Golden some substantial playing time.

i wouldn't let the vets onto th efield unless I had to. We need to find out, for once, exactly WTF we have on that defense. We aren't in desperate need of an OL, so let's find out what we have.

I will go absolutely fukcing crazy if we end up redshirting Heyward YET AGAIN...

jross2021
12-28-2012, 09:19 AM

He posted in another thread that he really likes Ramon Buchanan ... Mike James... Brandon McGee ... Vaughn Telemaque... and Seantrel Henderson

kethnaab
12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
He posted in another thread that he really likes Ramon Buchanan ... Mike James... Brandon McGee ... Vaughn Telemaque... and Seantrel Henderson

if Henderson declares, I'd consider him but I think we're getting away from heavy-footed oafs at OT. We already have Gilbert, who is a heavy-footed oaf, I'd really prefer we get away from that myself. If he's available late, then I'd consider grabbing him for practice squad/depth, but that's about it.

Mike James? GTFO. He'll be stocking shelves in a few months.

I do like McGhee as a mid round fellow or Telemaque, but I'm not sure we have need for them

Buchanan? WTF? Please.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Looks like 18 or 19 for us.

Time to figure out who the hell might be able to help us there.

kethnaab
12-30-2012, 04:07 PM
i think worst we can be is 17

I'm so glad that we proved that we can beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, at home, while playing against a 3rd string practice squad QB and a 4th string RB.

Yippee.

idiots.

Glad we still have Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich on the roster.
Glad we activated Alameda Ta'amu and Hebron Fangupo, only to inactivate them, because god fukcing forbid they get a chance to play on the field and show what we have at NT.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
i think worst we can be is 17

I'm so glad that we proved that we can beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, at home, while playing against a 3rd string practice squad QB and a 4th string RB.

Yippee.

idiots.

Glad we still have Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich on the roster.
Glad we activated Alameda Ta'amu and Hebron Fangupo, only to inactivate them, because god fukcing forbid they get a chance to play on the
field and show what we have at NT.

Yeah currently we are sitting at 17, the Cowboys are 8-7, and could finish 8-8 with a loss...not sure if they'd go ahead of us?

I agree with everything you posted. We've got to find a serviceable back-up...Batch and Leftwich are not the answer. However, I'm not completely opposed to keeping Batch as a clipboard holder.

Same with David Gilreath...but he may have fallen behind Plaxico simply because it's what Ben wants.

ramsgoldberg61
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
We toughed through it, could have been much worse. Pumped for next season, get everyone healthy, and pick up new players with a half-decent draft position (hopefully)

thegenerel
12-31-2012, 07:22 AM
keth, what was your reaction when you heard the fangupo news?

kethnaab
12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
keth, what was your reaction when you heard the fangupo news?

initially, I kinda chuckled, because the 2 NTs that I wanted the Steelers to look at in the later rounds of the 2012 draft are now on the team

then I found out they would get zero time, and were both inactive, made me realize that Casey Hampton is absolutely not going to be back with the Steelers.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-31-2012, 05:00 PM
initially, I kinda chuckled, because the 2 NTs that I wanted the Steelers to look at in the later rounds of the 2012 draft are now on the team

then I found out they would get zero time, and were both inactive, made me realize that Casey Hampton is absolutely not going to be back with the Steelers.

Keth,

In your opinion what do you think the Steelers BIGGEST need is currently?
Where do you think they should go with 1.17?
Which current Steelers are done (unless they restructure)?

kethnaab
12-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Keth,

In your opinion what do you think the Steelers BIGGEST need is currently?
Where do you think they should go with 1.17?
Which current Steelers are done (unless they restructure)?

well, can't answer the 1st one until we get answers to the 3rd one

IF the Steelers do what I would want them to do:

1. Resign Max Starks to a 3-year, $15(ish) contract with BIG incentives based on his bodyweight and fitness test results on the first day of camp, after week 8, and after week 16. Those types of incentives, if "not likely to be reached", wont' count against the cap.
2. jettison the 345-lb fat sloppy albatross and his $7 million from our team on June 1st. That'll save $5.5 million in cap space this year alone. That $$$ goes directly to Max
3. Fine Woodley $100,000 for every lb above 270 he shows up to camp. Fine Woodley $100,000 for every lb above 270 he is at week 8, then again in week 16.
4. Do the same to Timmons for 245
4a. Do the same for Jonathan Dwyer and 225
5. Sign Foster, sign Keenan Lewis. If we have to shuttle Ike Taylor, do it. $9.5m against the cap, with $6 of it in salary. Love you Ike, but you're the same thing as Keenan Lewis, with an extra decade of wear fresh off the IR
6. Offer Foote vet minimum.
7. Talk to Harrison about a possible reduction in pay. He's $10 MIL against the cap, but $6.5 of that is salary. That's an ENORMOUS savings to work with if he would reduce his pay. We simply cannot handle his contract
8. Send Beard packing. $4.5 against the cap, $2.8 is salary. Sorry Beard, love you, but I'm done redshirting our 1st round draft picks
9. Sign Bruce Gradkowski, Matt Moore (or someone of that ilk) to be backup QB along with Charlie.
10. Send Mendenhall packing. Wallace is gone, regardless. Casey is also gone. Thanks for your service, Snack. Enjoy your last 2 NFL seasons in Houston/Dallas.
11. Based on Heath's health, resign to a steelers-friendly C3.
12. Consider Peyton Hllis in FA, although he'll be too expensive
13. Consider Terrance Knighton in FA. Include bodyweight incentives in his contract, similar to Max.

If we keep Max, here's kethnaab's favorite offensive line:

Max - DDC - Pouncey - Foster - Adams
Gilbert is swing tackle, and can compete with Foster for the starting RG position

we won't, so I'd go:

Mike Adams - Foster - Pouncey - DDC - Gilbert

unfortunately, we're stuck with Colon, so our day 1 OL will probably be:

Mike Adams - Fat Albatross - Pouncey - DDC - Gilbert

on the defensive side of the ball, here's MY favorite DL:

Heyward - Ziggy - McClendon
or
Heyward - McClendon* - Ziggy

*let Ta'amu and Fangupo fight McClendon for NT

what our day 1 DL will be:

Ziggy - McClendon - Heyward

at LB, Woodley - Spence - Timmons - Worilds is probably what our day 1 lineup will look like, unless Harrison redoes his contract for less $$$. I'd be very amenable to giving Deebo a try at ILB next to Timmons.
our safeties are set.
our CBs are Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen. Unfortunately, the only CB with ball skills is too young for LeBeau to play without injury, so he'll sit in favor of Ike.

What we need (assuming our walking wounded crew is healthy for day 1 next season):

DESPERATELY - RB, WR
SOON - FS, SS, TE
UNKNOWN - Buck, ROLB, LT, TE, NT

Mendenhall's gone. Redman is all effort, no talent. Dwyer is a fat, lazy pussy who taps out the moment his heart rate goes above 85 (Which is every 2nd run). We need a RB. More than that, we need to get our damn OL healthy so our RB can produce. DeCastro pulling behind Adams = win
Wallace is gone, Sanders is a pussy, and we DESPERATELY need a big WR who can fight for the ball. You will rarely hear me say this, but if we go 1st round WR this season, I'll probably be pretty happy, unless its for Tavon F'ing Austin

FS and SS are needs. I like Will Allen although he's damn expensive for a backup. Undecided on Golden, since we didn't see enough of him. I am a big fan of getting a bigger, physical CB with ball skills and smarts to play the safety positions, that way our big nickel (with an extra safety) and our normal nickel (with an extra CB) really aren't all that different in coverage ability.
TE - dunno about Paulson. Can't block to save his damn life and i'm not sure he's special as a receiving target.

we need to find out who our NT of the future is, assuming he's on our roster.
we need to find out if Spence can play football
we need to find out if Adrian Robinson can rush the QB
we need to find out if Mike Adams can play LT

with 1.17, based on how I think the board will fall, I'd be pretty happy with any of these guys (no real order):
Damontre Moore
Xavier Rhodes
Jonathan Banks
Manti Te'o
Jake Matthews
Eric Fisher
Chance Warmack
Bjoern Werner
Terrence Williams
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods
Cordarelle Patterson

Guys i really need to watch more of:
Ezekiel Ansah
Dion Jordan
Alex Okafor
the TEs

kethnaab
01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
why I love and at the same time, DESPISE Dick LeBeau:

from football insiders sortable snap counts (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts2012)

http://i.imgur.com/oLV9r.jpg

FormulaLT1poweR
01-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Watched the Georgia/Nebraska game...

Jarvis Jones is a beast...wonder if we'd take a look at him?
Alec Ogletree could be a nice MLB, not sure if 1.17 is too high though?

And ZOMG @ this guy. I've liked him for awhile, but this tops the list:
VG7EUDe1AjU

kethnaab
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Watched the Georgia/Nebraska game...

Jarvis Jones is a beast...wonder if we'd take a look at him?
Alec Ogletree could be a nice MLB, not sure if 1.17 is too high though?

Jones is a pass rushing beast, everyone knows this. Not sure if he can play the run, but more importantly we need to be worried about his health (spinal stenosis) and age (24)
Ogletree is another Timmons. We can't have a pair of Timmons' in the interior of our LB corps

And ZOMG @ this guy. I've liked him for awhile, but this tops the list:
VG7EUDe1AjU

yes, Jadaveon Clowney isn't human.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Jones is a pass rushing beast, everyone knows this. Not sure if he can play the run, but more importantly we need to be worried about his health (spinal stenosis) and age (24)
Ogletree is another Timmons. We can't have a pair of Timmons' in the interior of our LB corps

yes, Jadaveon Clowney isn't human.

Very solid points. I know Jones played at USC, then couldn't get medically cleared. Wasn't entirely 100% sure on what the issue was, but that would be a worry. He's a pass rushing beast, and now that you mention it...I didn't see him play the run "great". Seems like Georgia was simply using him to swing out wide of the tackle and destroy anything to the right side.

Ogletree played a decent game IMO. If it's 2 Timmons from last year...than no thanks. However 2 Timmons from this year?! Yes please!

Let's trade 1.17 for another 1.? next year. Then trade both 2014 #1s for Clowney :)

kethnaab
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Let's trade 1.17 for another 1.? next year. Then trade both 2014 #1s for Clowney :)

I am 100% in favor of this, and I say that with all seriousness.

all that would be left would be to force LeBeau into retirement, and then Tomlin would get the 4-3 he's wanted forever

thegenerel
01-02-2013, 07:30 AM
- Jarvis Jones will go Top 3/5, so no need to worry about his health as the Steelers wont sniff him
- I like Ogeltree, I see the resemblance to Timmons but I think Ogeltree is smarter than him, besides, 2 Timmons is better than Timmons and Foote
- Clowney is pretty much a lock to be the 1st pick in 2014, look at what it cost the Redskins to move up from 6 to 2 to get RG3, imagine what it would take to move up to get Clowney! Although...it would probably be worth the cost.

kethnaab
01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
- Jarvis Jones will go Top 3/5, so no need to worry about his health as the Steelers wont sniff him
- I like Ogeltree, I see the resemblance to Timmons but I think Ogeltree is smarter than him, besides, 2 Timmons is better than Timmons and Foote
- Clowney is pretty much a lock to be the 1st pick in 2014, look at what it cost the Redskins to move up from 6 to 2 to get RG3, imagine what it would take to move up to get Clowney! Although...it would probably be worth the cost.

Jones might not go that early. He's 24 next season, and spinal stenosis certainly wonked the Chargers' OL goals

I can agree that a pair of Timmons' is better than Timmons and Foote, but I'm not totally confident in Ogletree's ability to lead a somewhat complex defense

I'd trade my entire draft for Clowney

hindes204
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Jones might not go that early

I'd trade my entire draft for Clowney

I think jones goes to the Raiders at pick 3

Clowney is a freak of nature, sucks he can't declare until next year, the kid is only 19 and already an absolute beast

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Im very curious as to what direction the Steelers will go in the draft. seems like they are a few spots short of getting a good defensive player, and I dont know if Vaccaro is a good value at 17. I really like Lacy though....

maybe they could trade down and somehow get Vaccaro, Lacy, and Skov.

kethnaab
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Im very curious as to what direction the Steelers will go in the draft. seems like they are a few spots short of getting a good defensive player, and I dont know if Vaccaro is a good value at 17. I really like Lacy though....

maybe they could trade down and somehow get Vaccaro, Lacy, and Skov.

did Skov declare? I thought he had an extra season and was returning.

Lacy played himself into the bottom of the 1st/top 2nd I think

I, along with you, have no idea who to go with. Tons of holes for the first time in years

FormulaLT1poweR
01-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I sure as hell hope we don't get Lacy. Look what happened with our last 1st round RB...?

Warmack was a beast last night, doubt he lasts until 17 now.
After last night, I'm not so high on Te'o.

kethnaab
01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I sure as hell hope we don't get Lacy. Look what happened with our last 1st round RB...?

Warmack was a beast last night, doubt he lasts until 17 now.
After last night, I'm not so high on Te'o.

Mendenhall and Lacy are so similar in so many ways, except for one.

Lacy runs like a 230-lb beast. Mendenhall ran like a 195-lb change of pace back.

Lacy > Mendenhall. Neither are 1st rounders though

Warmack will probably last. Teams with OL troulbes other than Tennessee will go after Lewan, Eric Fisher, and/or Joeckl to play LT. Tennessee will pass on Warmack in the first and grab Barrett Jones in the 2nd to be the next Kevin Mawae

Te'o, Ogletree, and my fave Minter are still the top 3 ILBs this season. Te'o got owned by Warmack, just like any LB will by a stud OG. It's a mismatch, and if you let Carl Nicks get a free run at Ray Lewis in his prime, Lewis gets buried. That's how football works. That's why Lewis at his best was behind Goose and Adams. That's why Timmons' play in 2010 was great, as a direct result of Csaey playing great. This season, Snack sucked early on, just like Timmons. As Snack got healthy and in shape, Timmons' play noticeably improved.

Not a knock on him (or any other ILB), just basic physics. 320 lbs vs. 250 lbs. It's all about the OL's balance, and Warmack moves insanely well for a big dude.

jross2021
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
What do you phaggot think of te'o if he drops? He looked farking awful last might.

kethnaab
01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
What do you phaggot think of te'o if he drops? He looked farking awful last might.

he didn't 'drop' in the minds of people who matter. Only in the minds of draftniks.

Te'o was never going top 10, with the obvious caveat that teams that draft early tend to do so because they're stupid.

jross2021
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
he didn't 'drop' in the minds of people who matter. Only in the minds of draftniks.

Te'o was never going top 10, with the obvious caveat that teams that draft early tend to do so because they're stupid.

Yeah.. just wondering what you think if here's there at 17. All it takes is one or 2 teams to have second doubt.

kethnaab
01-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah.. just wondering what you think if here's there at 17. All it takes is one or 2 teams to have second doubt.

i wouldn't hate the pick. it would really depend on how the board falls. I'd take Warmack before Te'o, and not just becuse Warmack ate Te'o's lunch

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM

the entire defense looked like crap because Alabama's 2 deep oline will end up in the NFL. when an OL is that good the rest of the offense operates with ease.

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
i wouldn't hate the pick. it would really depend on how the board falls. I'd take Warmack before Te'o, and not just becuse Warmack ate Te'o's lunch

I wouldnt be upset with Warmack, but who knows, we didnt expect DeCastro to fall until pick #23 was made.

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I dont think he has the best mock drafts but he does a new one each week.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

46: Okafor
47: Eric Reid
48 (Steelers): Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers

wtf

jross2021
01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I dont think he has the best mock drafts but he does a new one each week.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

46: Okafor
47: Eric Reid
48 (Steelers): Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers

wtf

Lol . Someone aware him that the Steelers have 19 running backs.

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 01:39 PM

only Batch and Rainey are under contract for next year.

and wtf, Lacy went at 56. lmao. the day after Lacy runs all over Notre Dame he barely goes in R2?

kethnaab
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM

and 0 starting-caliber NFL RBs

we need a true RB, not a gutless, heartless terrorist sympathizer (mendenhall), a fat lazy doughboy (Dwyer), or a 30-year old short yardage back (Redman)

LiftLaughLust
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Hope you guys get your **** together this offseason and get back in the playoffs next year (srs) gl

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Hope you guys get your **** together this offseason and get back in the playoffs next year (srs) gl

thanks, we were fortunate to have so many good players stick together for such a long time...its sad to see these guys get old, just wait until Brady has a year or two left and he starts to slow down.

Backus21
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
This is definitely weird to go into the draft and the team has wholes everywhere, but Im excited for the changes that will be happening. I really like Warmack but doubt he will be there at Pitts pick. Im not sold on Teo, even if he falls to the 17th pick, I still wouldnt be sold on him. That goes for Lacy too. I love his tough running style, but I have never felt good about taking running backs in the first round. I am just hoping we can get some solid O-line, D-line, and Corner back help in this draft

jross2021
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM

we need a true RB, not a gutless, heartless terrorist sympathizer (mendenhall), a fat lazy doughboy (Dwyer), or a 30-year old short yardage back (Redman)

One of the James cousins plz . Javarris or Mike.

and Robby Ryan is free . time to make our move.

jross2021
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Strong rep beg

p.s. it worked

thegenerel
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
This is definitely weird to go into the draft and the team has wholes everywhere, but Im excited for the changes that will be happening. I really like Warmack but doubt he will be there at Pitts pick. Im not sold on Teo, even if he falls to the 17th pick, I still wouldnt be sold on him. That goes for Lacy too. I love his tough running style, but I have never felt good about taking running backs in the first round. I am just hoping we can get some solid O-line, D-line, and Corner back help in this draft

Lacy would be a R2 pick. Id put S > CB unless Lewis leaves.

In no order, RB/WR/OG/DL/LB/S are the biggest needs. that will fluctuate depending upon who stays/goes.

LiftLaughLust
01-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Strong rep beg

p.s. it worked
Wasn't my intention but thanks. Just saw this on the 1st page and thought to say something. I like the Steelers and I'd prefer to see Big Ben, Peyton and Brady deep in the playoffs every year.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jross2021 again.

Backus21
01-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Lacy would be a R2 pick. Id put S > CB unless Lewis leaves.

In no order, RB/WR/OG/DL/LB/S are the biggest needs. that will fluctuate depending upon who stays/goes.

My bad I misread. To be completely honest if we drafted Warmack or some other lineman and then ended up getting Lacy or perhaps the LSU safety (whos name escapes me) I would be very excited. Idk much about that safety's draft stock but when I watch him play I am pretty impressed with his tackling and his constant action around the ball.

jross2021
01-09-2013, 07:49 AM

I feel you. I wish Dwyer would run hard 100% of the time... instead of falling to the ground upon first contact.

What's free agency look like for running backs? They actually made plays last year for Stewart and Tolbert but the Panthers back-blocked them.

thegenerel
01-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I feel you. I wish Dwyer would run hate 100% of the time... instead of falling to the ground upon first contact.

What's free agency look like for running backs? They actually made plays last year for Stewart and Tolbert but the Panthers back-blocked them.

Cedric Benson, Green Bay
Peyton Hillis, Kansas City
Felix Jones, Dallas
Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh
Danny Woodhead, New England
Chris Ivory, New Orleans (Restricted)
Reggie Bush, Miami
Bernard Scott, Cincinnati Bengals
Shonn Greene, New York Jets
Steven Jackson, St. Louis

kethnaab
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I have only a passing interest in Peyton Hillis, but he'll want to get paid and I doubt he'll be worth it

Cedric Benson, Green Bay
Peyton Hillis, Kansas City
Felix Jones, Dallas
Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh
Danny Woodhead, New England
Chris Ivory, New Orleans (Restricted)
Reggie Bush, Miami
Bernard Scott, Cincinnati Bengals
Shonn Greene, New York Jets
Steven Jackson, St. Louis

FormulaLT1poweR
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Knew this was a terrible pick when it happened:

The Tribune-Review calls Steelers DE Ziggy Hood "one of the NFL's least-productive players at his position."
According to Pro Football Focus, Hood was the league's worst-rated pass-rushing end. He played 833 snaps, but came up with just three sacks and three quarterback hurries. Scouts are questioning his down-to-down effort as he heads into 2013 -- the final year of the former first-round pick's rookie deal.

kethnaab
01-09-2013, 05:37 PM
effort?

no. No questioning his effort

ability? Yes. He's a pisspoor fit for a LeBeau 5-tech. He should be playing the same role that a guy like Geno Atkins plays. Horrible 5-tech in our system.

jross2021
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
goodnight sweet rainey

thegenerel
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
goodnight sweet rainey

omg nooooooooo what a moron.

jross2021
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
With Rainey gone I guess ill take Woodhead or Bush. **** man.. liked Rainey too.

kethnaab
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
With Rainey gone I guess ill take Woodhead or Bush. **** man.. liked Rainey too.

Bush will be too expensive.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we grabbed Woodhead

jross2021
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Bush will be too expensive.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we grabbed Woodhead

I know, I like woodhead though. I definitely see us drafting a rb now though. Think the Dolphins would take Dwyer for Miller?

thegenerel
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
I know, I like woodhead though. I definitely see us drafting a rb now though. Think the Dolphins would take Dwyer for Miller?

they dont want a guy who has 6 weeks left on his contract.

kethnaab
01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
they dont want a guy who is lazy, shows up to camp out of shape every season, and let his weight climb 40 lbs during the season.

^^^

jross2021
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Pouncey is only steeler on the all pro team and he was 2nd team. Was he that good or just name recognition / token steeler?

kethnaab
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Pouncey is only steeler on the all pro team and he was 2nd team. Was he that good or just name recognition / token steeler?

he's the 2nd best center in the AFC North

FormulaLT1poweR
01-13-2013, 07:20 AM
The Steelers are expected to shift Marcus Gilbert to left tackle full time in 2013.
We heard speculation about this last offseason, but it's going to happen in 2013. Mike Adams will play right tackle, with David DeCastro at right guard. Maurkice Pouncey will be the center, and the left guard will be Kelvin Beachum. The Steelers are expected to let free agents Max Starks and Ramon Foster walk. They prefer Adams at right tackle because he's an impact run blocker.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette expects the Steelers to release LG Willie Colon this offseason.
Although Colon blocked well when he wasn't being penalized in 2012, his season ended on injured reserve with recurring knee injuries and the Post-Gazette calls it Colon's "last straw" as a Steeler. The Steelers are expected to hand left guard to 2012 seventh-round pick Kelvin Beachum. Colon is owed a $5.5 million salary in 2013. His release would save $1.9 million under the cap.

LETS GET WARMACK!

kethnaab
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Warmack is a mobile Willie Colon. Huge beastly monster. I fear he'll get absorbed into the Steelers' lazy suckfest and become a fat, overweight slob like so many other of our players.

truth be told, Gilbert and Colon are the last remnants of a true, "fat-body" man blocking system. DeCastro, Adams, Pouncey, and Beachum are all guys who have the ideal athleticism for a true ZBS. I look to the Steelers getting a ZBS guy in here next as our OL. I welcome this because neither Colon nor Gilbert have the athleticism or ability to actually play in a ZBS. Gilbert at least has his youth and might be able to drop 20 lbs of blubber so he wasn't too fat to do anything but waist-bend in pass pro.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Please Pittsburgh...be interested and keep quiet this time.

LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is undergoing regular drug testing from an anonymous but certified drug testing company in an effort to show NFL teams he's clean before the 2013 Draft.
Mathieu also plans to attend the Senior Bowl to "mingle" with NFL people as he attempts to quell character concerns. Mathieu's representation promises that Tyrann will have had "32 tests" to show the NFL he's clean after alleged drug abuse at LSU. For now, Mathieu is training with former LSU teammate Patrick Peterson in Arizona. He's bulked up to 182 pounds after being listed at 175 at LSU. If Mathieu does enough to repair his image before the draft, he could be a value pick in the middle rounds.

jross2021
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM

LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is undergoing regular drug testing from an anonymous but certified drug testing company in an effort to show NFL teams he's clean before the 2013 Draft.
Mathieu also plans to attend the Senior Bowl to "mingle" with NFL people as he attempts to quell character concerns. Mathieu's representation promises that Tyrann will have had "32 tests" to show the NFL he's clean after alleged drug abuse at LSU. For now, Mathieu is training with former LSU teammate Patrick Peterson in Arizona. He's bulked up to 182 pounds after being listed at 175 at LSU. If Mathieu does enough to repair his image before the draft, he could be a value pick in the middle rounds.

Not a fan of honey badger

thegenerel
01-17-2013, 07:13 AM

Id take a chance in the middle rounds. Id rather take a pot head than a liar like Teo

Not a fan of honey badger

Backus21
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Id take a chance in the middle rounds. Id rather take a pot head than a liar like Teo

Would be completely fine with taking Honey Badger. Pittsburgh likes taking project players in middle rounds so I hope they take a chance on him because its low risk high reward. Plus with the whole Teo BS it means that the Steelers wont think about picking him at 17 (like Mel projected) thank Christ lol

jross2021
01-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Im.officially a fan of whoever plays the 9ers. 6 super bowls? I dont think so, San fran

Big7Ben86
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Im.officially a fan of whoever plays the 9ers. 6 super bowls? I dont think so, San fran

the Ravens?

Backus21
01-21-2013, 05:04 PM
the Ravens?

It really is a lose/lose situation for us Steeler fans

kethnaab
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM

It really is a lose/lose situation for us Steeler fans

oh hell no. This is win/win

Our damn team is lacksadaisical. They take their status as "Steelers" for granted. It means nothing to them.

Either way, the team that wins this Super Bowl will motivate the team, and lord knows they need it because Tomlin is too busy being buddies with them to get on their cases. They've become lazy and entitled. Time to get a little fire back.

EctohBroh
01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
oh hell no. This is win/win

Our damn team is lacksadaisical. They take their status as "Steelers" for granted. It means nothing to them.

Either way, the team that wins this Super Bowl will motivate the team, and lord knows they need it because Tomlin is too busy being buddies with them to get on their cases. They've become lazy and entitled. Time to get a little fire back.
Yeah kinda agree with this.

The way I see it, if the Ravens win... well that sucks they'll have the bragging rights and all, but they still only have 2 as a franchise, and plus they will have the target on their back next year and we can at least hope will have a nice Super Bowl hangover that the Steelers know all too well.

49ers win? Well they got 6... so that means the Steelers gotta get motivated to get out there and get 7.

JaxBrah
01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah kinda agree with this.

The way I see it, if the Ravens win... well that sucks they'll have the bragging rights and all, but they still only have 2 as a franchise, and plus they will have the target on their back next year and we can at least hope will have a nice Super Bowl hangover that the Steelers know all too well.

49ers win? Well they got 6... so that means the Steelers gotta get motivated to get out there and get 7.

2 rings as a franchise that has only existed for 16 years. Im pretty sure the steelers had 0 at that point in their history.

EctohBroh
01-21-2013, 07:04 PM
2 rings as a franchise that has only existed for 16 years. Im pretty sure the steelers had 0 at that point in their history.
Sure... I guess *technically* they are a new franchise with that whole Cleveland Browns relocation controversy, but they are basically the old Cleveland Browns... you know, since they got their roster and all back when they moved. Doesn't really rustle my jimmies.

thegenerel
01-21-2013, 07:56 PM

you cannot count, retard. the Ravens werent an expansion team. the Ogden/Lewis draft were the catalyst of the Ravens being a top flight team, I guess Mean Joe Greene was the same for the Steelers. So really, 70s Steelers > every other team in the history of the game.

Borla118
01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
the ravens will hold the title for a year, i can take a year
but the niners will have the tie for most titles and a stronger team for the foreseeable future, with a better chance to take the lead

I forget who showed me this, but...

01,02 = playoffs
03 = missed it
04, 05 = playoffs
06 = missed it
07, 08 = playoffs
09 = missed it
10, 11 = playoffs
12 = missed it
13, 14 = playoffs???

LiftLaughLust
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM

please tell me that wasn't you I just beat on Madden

jross2021
01-26-2013, 02:10 PM
please tell me that wasn't you I just beat on Madden

Lol what bruh? Ps3 or Xbox?? I use the Panthers on madden, so I doubt it and my name isnt even similar. If you have ps3 ill bust you up

LiftLaughLust
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Lol what bruh? Ps3 or Xbox?? I use the Panthers on madden, so I doubt it and my name isnt even similar. If you have ps3 ill bust you up
it was a jross using the steelers. I beat him with the jets. it was ugly as fuk. xbox tho

thegenerel
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
it was a jross using the steelers. I beat him with the jets. it was ugly as fuk. xbox tho

you have a list of athletes you wish to suffer major injuries? if so, reconsider your world view.

jross2021
01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
you have a list of athletes you wish to suffer major injuries? if so, reconsider your world view.

Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin? No complaints here.

Notsrs.. kindasrs

EctohBroh
02-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Well I guess that's that. Just something about the Ravens this year... knew after they beat Denver.

Yins ready for people trying to compare Flacco to Ben?

thegenerel
02-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Well I guess that's that. Just something about the Ravens this year... knew after they beat Denver.

Yins ready for people trying to compare Flacco to Ben?

meh, I care a lot less about the ravens winning than I expected. Ben is still better than Flacco, but I really dont care about what the idiots will want to think.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Wonder if this will have any effect on FA and/or the draft?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wonders if the Steelers are transitioning to a zone-blocking scheme in 2013.
OC Todd Haley and new OL coach Jack Bicknell Jr. have expressed their desire to get away from offensive linemen "who get huge and then they can't bend and move," while they intend to find players "who can move, run and have the quickness off the ball 'to get into people.'" Pittsburgh is expected to make little-to-no effort to re-sign impending free agents LT Max Starks and RG Ramon Foster, while they are also poised to cut LG Willie Colon. The move to a zone-blocking scheme would suit a guy like impending free agent Rashard Mendenhall, but it would be bad news for power runners like Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman.

kethnaab
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Wonder if this will have any effect on FA and/or the draft?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wonders if the Steelers are transitioning to a zone-blocking scheme in 2013.
OC Todd Haley and new OL coach Jack Bicknell Jr. have expressed their desire to get away from offensive linemen "who get huge and then they can't bend and move," while they intend to find players "who can move, run and have the quickness off the ball 'to get into people.'" Pittsburgh is expected to make little-to-no effort to re-sign impending free agents LT Max Starks and RG Ramon Foster, while they are also poised to cut LG Willie Colon. The move to a zone-blocking scheme would suit a guy like impending free agent Rashard Mendenhall, but it would be bad news for power runners like Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman.

the pattern:

2000-2006:

Marvel Smith - 325 lbs
Max Starks - 350 lbs
Trai Essex - 340 lbs
Willie Colon -325 lbs
Chris Kemoeatu - 345 lbs

2007-2012:
Maurkice Pouncey - 305 lbs
DDC - 305 lbs
Mike Adams - 320 lbs (at 6'7)
Kelvin Beachum - 305 lbs
Tony Hills - 305 lbs (converted TE)
AQ Shipley - 305 lbs
Doug Legursky - 300 lbs

the only ones that buck the trend toward quick, athletic, lighter OL are Marcus Gilbert and Kraig Urbik.

Willie Colon should be designated as a June cut (I'm fairly certain we get to designate 2 of these) and we'll drop his a$$ next week, saving the full $5.5m against the cap.

possible OL candidates:
1st - Lane Johnson
1st/2nd - Jonathan Cooper
2nd/3rd - Menelik Watson, Dallas Thomas, Kyle Long
3-5th - Alvin Bailey, Dave Quessenberry, Terron Armstead

apparently they like Kelvin Beachum, who is worthless in a power scheme, but might get the job done in a zone scheme

one thing is for certain, Willie Colon's biggest weakness is balance and lateral agility. Those are the 2 most critical traits of a successful ZBS OL. Goodbye, you fat fukking pathetic overpaid oxygen-thieving albatross!

hindes204
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
the pattern:

Goodbye, you fat fukking pathetic overpaid oxygen-thieving albatross!

hahahaha.....so youre a big fan of his, huh, lol

kethnaab
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
hahahaha.....so youre a big fan of his, huh, lol

yes, I also like cockroaches, leprosy, and Obama's gun control, economic, socialized medicine, and foreign policies

thegenerel
02-11-2013, 07:27 AM
apparently Ramon Foster was in my office on Friday. safe to say, dont expect him back.

kethnaab
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
apparently Ramon Foster was in my office on Friday. safe to say, dont expect him back.

eh?

thegenerel
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
eh?

without revealing the nature of my job, Im saying he isnt expecting to return.

KrayzieMiscer
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
without revealing the nature of my job, Im saying he isnt expecting to return.What are you in the CIA or something?

Backus21
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
What are you in the CIA or something?

He is a hitman

thegenerel
02-11-2013, 11:00 AM
What are you in the CIA or something?

something you probably have never heard of, actually. I joined this forum to keep tabs on keth, note how we joined at the same time?

kethnaab
02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
ha!

I never noticed that.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "many" in the Steelers' organization believe the division-rival Browns will sign free agent Mike Wallace.
New Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam is a former minority Steelers owner, and the new Browns coaching staff of Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner believes in a vertical-oriented passing attack. Wallace, of course, is a vertical receiver. Still just 26 years old, Wallace figures to seek a four- to five-year deal worth in excess of $10 million per season. Last offseason, Wallace lobbied the Steelers to pay him Vincent Jackson money (five years, $55.555 million).

thegenerel
02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
screw Mike Wallace. who is going to throw to him?

Backus21
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Just saw the Todd Mcshay draft thread. He has us selecting Big Hank from OSU. Im a big fan of Hank, but he has slipped down in the draft boards for his questionable motor. I think that is a sound argument but if he becomes more consistent I would like the pick to replace Hampton. Keth and general what are your thoughts?

kethnaab
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
we have Ta'amu and Fangupo for the base and Ziggy and McClendon for the nickel. We have spent 2 first round draft picks on DL in the last 4 seasons. If we draft a guy who is already notorious for being inconsistent with his effort, at a position of declining importance in the NFL, I really think I'm going to punch a baby.

we need playmakers. our defensive line does not allow our playmaking DL to be playmakers.

that said, i think it really might happen. we just love OSU it seems

thegenerel
02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
we have Ta'amu and Fangupo for the base and Ziggy and McClendon for the nickel. We have spent 2 first round draft picks on DL in the last 4 seasons. If we draft a guy who is already notorious for being inconsistent with his effort, at a position of declining importance in the NFL, I really think I'm going to punch a baby.

we need playmakers. our defensive line does not allow our playmaking DL to be playmakers.

that said, i think it really might happen. we just love OSU it seems

Id rather see Keenan Allen than a NT at 17.

Backus21
02-13-2013, 11:26 AM
I hear ya. Hank was projected early on to be a sure fire Top 10 pick, but he slid after some questionable performances this year. Im not in love with the pick, but if he is the best player available I will be happy. If there isnt a solid O-linemen (god I hope its Warmack) or a playmaking DB sitting there, we probably take him.

Edit: God damnit I forgot about OLB!!

thegenerel
02-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I hear ya. Hank was projected early on to be a sure fire Top 10 pick, but he slid after some questionable performances this year. Im not in love with the pick, but if he is the best player available I will be happy. If there isnt a solid O-linemen (god I hope its Warmack) or a playmaking DB sitting there, we probably take him.

you forgot OLB!

thegenerel
02-13-2013, 11:45 AM
I saw a mock draft where they projected

1) Jarvis Jones
2) Mangus Hunt
3) Stefan Taylor
4) Kenny Stills

as PROSPECTS I love all of them. Jones has a few ?, Hunt is a boom/bust guy, I love Taylor, and Stills is a pretty great WR.

thing about Stills is his laid back Cali attitude, I feel like if anything they need a no nonsense WR.

thegenerel
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Leopard2A4 is one of the most annoying people I have ever encountered on the web. 9000+ posts of copy+paste material.

kethnaab
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Leopard2A4 is one of the most annoying people I have ever encountered on the web. 9000+ posts of copy+paste material.

*SNICKER*

I think he's seriously nuts. Literally. As in, true screw loose.

thegenerel
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
*SNICKER*

I think he's seriously nuts. Literally. As in, true screw loose.

he is one of those types that is so delusional that even when being told off that person believes the issue is with everyone else.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-26-2013, 08:23 PM
NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the Steelers have cleared $5 million in cap space by restructuring ILB Lawrence Timmons' contract.
Timmons was due "just" $5.375 million in 2013, so it would appear his salary has been chopped down to the veteran's minimum, with the rest of the money being converted to a bonus that will be pro-rated over the final four years of his deal. Per Breer, Ben Roethlisberger is next in line to restructure.

What's our cap situation look like?

Backus21
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
^^^ If that is true then I am happy. If Timmons, Big Ben, and Troy can all restructure their deals then we are in better shape cap wise. Hope Pittsburgh can try to sign some free agents in the many wholes we need filled. Its never been their style to spend a lot of money on them but I hope we can get a few supportive players in FA.

kethnaab
02-26-2013, 10:48 PM
I can see us grabbing Breaston, resigning our own guys (Harrison, Foote, Keisel, maybe even Starks), but not really going after any FAs, perhaps a TE.

YourBoyT
02-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Go Steelers.

Breaston makes a good fit if we can get him in my opinion. Target ILB or OLB in the draft and we're ready to roll again. The team is fine. Excited to win the North this year as it should be.

**** the Ravens.

FormulaLT1poweR
02-27-2013, 05:39 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers "will" restructure OLB LaMarr Woodley's contract.
It was an expected move. Woodley's $9 million base salary is one of the highest on the Steelers. A large chunk of it — perhaps all the way down to the minimum — should be converted to a signing bonus. The Steelers are running wild restructuring deals, creating even more severe cap issues down the line.

So far...Timmons and Woodley restructured. Next is Ben. I wonder if they are right about severe cap issues in a few years...I don't like the way things have been going for the past year. Our team is in shambles, and apparently cap space is going to continue to be a problem...

Aussiebrah66
02-27-2013, 06:16 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers "will" restructure OLB LaMarr Woodley's contract.
It was an expected move. Woodley's $9 million base salary is one of the highest on the Steelers. A large chunk of it perhaps all the way down to the minimum should be converted to a signing bonus. The Steelers are running wild restructuring deals, creating even more severe cap issues down the line.

So far...Timmons and Woodley restructured. Next is Ben. I wonder if they are right about severe cap issues in a few years...I don't like the way things have been going for the past year. Our team is in shambles, and apparently cap space is going to continue to be a problem...

whats the deal with james harrison? he re-signing or wut?

thegenerel
02-28-2013, 07:24 AM
It was an expected move. Woodley's $9 million base salary is one of the highest on the Steelers. A large chunk of it — perhaps all the way down to the minimum — should be converted to a signing bonus. The Steelers are running wild restructuring deals, creating even more severe cap issues down the line.

they just push money back, so guys will have huge cap hits in the future. its really just to keep this group together for the time being then they will purge a lot of vets. Harrison, Troy, Miller, etc all have huge cap numbers that will come off the books soon. Expect a youth movement eventually.

the Steelers go all in every year and deal with it later.

whats the deal with james harrison? he re-signing or wut?

he is currently signed, they arent sure if he will redo his deal (almost certainly wont take a pay cut) or if he will be cut.

kethnaab
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
if you look at how the steelers structure the deals, they start off very heavy in bonus and low in salary, then in following seasons, the salaries jump very high. This does 2 things

1) Reduces the total amount of guaranteed money, meaning players can get kicked to the curb without as much of a cap hit
2) Allows for restructuring later down the line

that's exactly why they do what they do. #2 is the key

thegenerel
03-01-2013, 07:15 AM
if you look at how the steelers structure the deals, they start off very heavy in bonus and low in salary, then in following seasons, the salaries jump very high. This does 2 things

1) Reduces the total amount of guaranteed money, meaning players can get kicked to the curb without as much of a cap hit
2) Allows for restructuring later down the line

that's exactly why they do what they do. #2 is the key

yup, I am not worried as long as Khan is around.

dang, he was hired in 2001 to be the capologist, when he was 23/24!

hindes204
03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Rumors are that Flacco will become the highest paid NFL player in history

Da fuk??! Lol...good luck with that

thegenerel
03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Rumors are that Flacco will become the highest paid NFL player in history

Da fuk??! Lol...good luck with that

bwahahahahaaa

thegenerel
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
keth, I dont often want to punch people I see online Leopard and JoelBushbaum are two of the most aggravating people I have encountered. there is nothing worse than an arrogant and ignorant person. how can people be so confident yet so, so dumb?

thegenerel
03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
and I really enjoy reading IanWhetstone, he is one of the guys that actually has a grasp of reality. I cant take that board too much as its full of idiots (much like here)

FormulaLT1poweR
03-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but aren't we now under the cap WITH room?

Ben, Timmons, and Brown restructuring. The cap being raised $3M.

Aren't we now below the cap with almost $3M in room?

Answer: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_2013_salary_cap_update_three_restructures _down_one_to_go/13018498

Anyone else going to restructure. What about when we start cutting people (Hampton, Colon...after June 1st, etc).

hindes204
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but aren't we now under the cap WITH room?

Ben, Timmons, and Brown restructuring. The cap being raised $3M.

Aren't we now below the cap with almost $3M in room?

Answer: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_2013_salary_cap_update_three_restructures _down_one_to_go/13018498

Anyone else going to restructure. What about when we start cutting people (Hampton, Colon...after June 1st, etc).

Woodley is up next. That should free up some room. Then the questions about Troy and Harrison begin. Harrison should be back to 100% next season and I think he's worth keeping. Troy, I'm not so sure anymore...when he's on the field he's still got it, only problem is he's never on the field.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Woodley is up next. That should free up some room. Then the questions about Troy and Harrison begin. Harrison should be back to 100% next season and I think he's worth keeping. Troy, I'm not so sure anymore...when he's on the field he's still got it, only problem is he's never on the field.

Hmmm I tend to disagree.

I like Harrison, but he isn't worth the $ anymore, and isn't a team player. I'd much rather get a guy like Paul Kruger to replace him! (Wishful thinking huh?).
Polamalu gets 1 more year IMO. If he can't stay healthy...then it's his last season. IMO he'd be willing to restructure, etc as well (unlike Harrison).

hindes204
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Hmmm I tend to disagree.

I like Harrison, but he isn't worth the $ anymore, and isn't a team player. I'd much rather get a guy like Paul Kruger to replace him! (Wishful thinking huh?).
Polamalu gets 1 more year IMO. If he can't stay healthy...then it's his last season. IMO he'd be willing to restructure, etc as well (unlike Harrison).

In the past 7 seasons, Troy has managed to start all 16 games only twice, and was banged up for one of those two. I love the guy, always have, but he can't help from the bench. Lebeau loves the guy so I don't think he's going anywhere. Harrison came on strong the second half of the season as he got healthier, he's got some game left in him. Honestly, I would be fine with keeping both of them.

jross2021
03-03-2013, 08:48 AM
In the past 7 seasons, Troy has managed to start all 16 games only twice, and was banged up for one of those two. I love the guy, always have, but he can't help from the bench. Lebeau loves the guy so I don't think he's going anywhere. Harrison came on strong the second half of the season as he got healthier, he's got some game left in him. Honestly, I would be fine with keeping both of them.

I think its time to let him go. I love him, but at the end of the day, its about winning.

kethnaab
03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I like Harrison, but he isn't worth the $ anymore, and isn't a team player.

explain please?

FormulaLT1poweR
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
explain please?

Not wanting to take a pay cut, not wanting to restructure, etc.

How the hell is that being a team player? Look at guys like Ben, Brady, etc...

Most of the time it's about WINNING games...seems like he'd rather get paid than anything else.

thegenerel
03-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Most of the time it's about WINNING games...seems like he'd rather get paid than anything else.

he will restructure. plus its not being a team player, those guys get their money with a restructure, no loss on their part.

kethnaab
03-04-2013, 08:21 AM

wat?

Deebo has restructured his contract twice already and is offering to do so a 3rd time. Of course he isn't going to take a pay cut. NOBODY takes a pay cut. Ben has never once taken a pay cut, he's merely gotten contract extensions which gives him MORE guaranteed money. Same with Brady. For all the talk aobut how he took a pay "cut", he increased his guaranteed cash and will still be getting guaranteed green at the age of 40.

besides, Brady has already earned $150m+ in his football career and has a wife worth about 2-3x as much. I don't get where you're coming from on this one Formula. Steelers have zero leverage to try to force a "pay cut" on him. You can point and say "look at your reduced output" but he can point and say "who's better? Do you have anyone who's even close?" and the answer will be a resounding "no".

His salary is $6 million this season, which is very reasonable. It's up to the Steelers to offer him a restructure but at his age it's tough because a restructure typically requires an extension in order to really work well. This is the danger of doing business as we've done it, pushing cap costs back by constantly restructuring (as we've done with deebo twice already). Remember, Deebo has led or tied for the team lead in sacks every season since 2007, 6 consecutive years, and he's 2nd all-time for the Steelers in sacks. He's been the best run stopping LB we've had since Lambert and Ham. If anyone needs to take a pay cut, it should be Lamarr Woodley and Willie Colon.

kethnaab
03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
a$$hole jagoff d!ckbrains in the steelers front office just signed William Gay for 3 years, $4.5m

we're going to let Keenan Lewis walk because, y'know, he got good now.
we're going to ignore Curtis Brown because LeBeau has a fuking hardon for physically inept veterans and is incapable of allowing younger players to develop.

christ almighty I just want to punch everybody in the steelers' front office right now

Backus21
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I saw that and wanted to vomit srs. Didnt they learn from reacquiring Mcfadden? If the bastard got cut by the damn Cardinals then that is a sign.

kethnaab
03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I saw that and wanted to vomit srs. Didnt they learn from reacquiring Mcfadden? If the bastard got cut by the damn Cardinals then that is a sign.

now we're going to let Max Starks go, Keenan Lewis go, and we're going to go into the season with Marcus Gilbert as our LT, Willie Colon as our LG (who I'm sure will get yet another contract extension), and William Gay

we have fuking idiots running this team, I swear. thank God Jonathan Scott is signed by Chicago already

thegenerel
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I am not this upset about William Gay, he is a solid inside corner, nothing more.

Backus21
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
now we're going to let Max Starks go, Keenan Lewis go, and we're going to go into the season with Marcus Gilbert as our LT, Willie Colon as our LG (who I'm sure will get yet another contract extension), and William Gay

we have fuking idiots running this team, I swear. thank God Jonathan Scott is signed by Chicago already

No this cant be true.

No no no

no!

NO GOD DAMNIT. WHY?! Why do you forsaken me God?

kethnaab
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I am not this upset about William Gay, he is a solid inside corner, nothing more.

he sucks. He got beat constantly and needed constant help even on the inside. Now that we have no pass rush, heaven fukcing help us if he ends up starting.

You know who is overjoyed about this? The rest of the AFC North. I wouldn't be surprised if Anquan Boldin signs with the Ravens for cheap now as a result of his favorite whipping boy coming back.

21Classic
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Eat a dick. Cards D was ranked 5th.

and to be fair, Gay wasnt as bad as expected when we first signed him. Hes pretty ****ing atrocious, but ive seen worse.

kethnaab
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Hes pretty ****ing atrocious

which is why we got rid of him in the first place.

it's fuking incomprehensible to me how our front office can be so dickbrain fukhead stupid like this. jesus christ almighty.

hindes204
03-05-2013, 05:17 AM
which is why we got rid of him in the first place.

it's fuking incomprehensible to me how our front office can be so dickbrain fukhead stupid like this. jesus christ almighty.

I think there is a method to thier madness. Gay is not starter material, but if you really look into it he's a decent nickel corner and can be plugged in when needed. I think they paid too much for him but he provides depth other than Victorian, who is terrible. I think Lewis stays, Allen starts, and Ike probably goes elsewhere. I would love to keep everyone we have now but we can't afford it. Lewis has the same talent as Ike and is much younger, so they need to do everything they can to keep him.

Srs Thread
03-05-2013, 09:05 AM
In my life i literally have never hated a Steeler anywhere near as much as I hate William Gay. Son, I am disappoint.

thegenerel
03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
inb4 Bill Gay says "move over Rod and Mel, Im the GOAT Steelers CB!"

Srs Thread
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
inb4 Bill Gay says "move over Rod and Mel, Im the GOAT Steelers CB!"

William Gay is the Blaine Gabbert at his position... with literally no upside.

The dude is a decent tackler (you know, when he isnt playing 20 yards off of his receiver), but has the ball skills as a DE. Honestly, I think Vince Wilfork has more interceptions recently.

Backus21
03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I will only remember William Gay for this play and this play only. Remember watching it live

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt143/hhchamber/38734389.gif

thegenerel
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
William Gay is the Blaine Gabbert at his position... with literally no upside.

The dude is a decent tackler (you know, when he isnt playing 20 yards off of his receiver), but has the ball skills as a DE. Honestly, I think Vince Wilfork has more interceptions recently.

sadly he lead the team with INTs in 2011. T-1 @ 2 with Troy and Ike

I will only remember William Gay for this play and this play only. Remember watching it live

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt143/hhchamber/38734389.gif

I was there, it was an amazing game. AP wrecked him.

Backus21
03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Keth and general. What are your thoughts on Xavier Rhodes? dirtdickens I believe made a mock today and I saw him going to the Steelers in his analysis. I have been living under a rock when it comes to DBs in this draft so idk anything about him or where he is projected to go. What say you?

jross2021
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM

I don't mind the addition of Gay, it is what it is. I'm upset about losing Lewis. He improved drastically last season.

thegenerel
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't mind the addition of Gay, it is what it is. I'm upset about losing Lewis. He improved drastically last season.

Im not ruling him out

re: Rhodes - I havent considered him much as he seemed like a guy who would land between the Steelers 1st and 2nd picks (too late for one, two early for the other)

jross2021
03-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Im not ruling him out

re: Rhodes - I havent considered him much as he seemed like a guy who would land between the Steelers 1st and 2nd picks (too late for one, two early for the other)

meh, noone thought we would get DeCastro either.

Yes WE.. #SteelerNation

kethnaab
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
In my life i literally have never hated a Steeler anywhere near as much as I hate William Gay. Son, I am disappoint.

Neil O'Donnell
Chris Kemoeatu
Willie Colon

William Gay is the Blaine Gabbert at his position... with literally no upside..

Gabbert's just as good if not better

Keth and general. What are your thoughts on Xavier Rhodes?

best press CB in the draft. Big, physical, very athletic. Hope like hell we don't try to force him to play that sorry-ass vaginal pathetic soft zone BS, because he's no good at that.

this is based on a mock draft I participated in on another board

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB/S - crucial, especially since it seems we're looking to move on without Keenan Lewis because we have imbeciles in the front office

2. Jamie Collins, OLB - started off as a defensive back, then moved to LB, then to DE, then to "Bandit", is an absolute tackling machine and a physical freak on a woefully inept defense

3. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice - 6'7, looooong arms and very athletic, lined up as a wideout frequently. Stretches the field and far more athletic than Heath and is a very willing blocker, just needs to learn technique

4. Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA - in a class laden with "2-4th rounder" type RBs, Franklin is substantially better than any of them, but somehow flies under the radar. Great hands, pass pro, speed. A 3rd down back who can block and handle a full workload

5. Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas - big, strong, mobile OG who can pull from either side, and who has never missed a game, starting every game since he redshirted his freshman season

6. Vince Williams, ILB, FSU - thumper extraordinaire, can bring back some toughness to this team

7. Joe Kruger, DE, Utah - the brother of Paul Kruger, he is in the Aaron Smith mold physically. Tall, vines for arms, this is the guy who could start for the Steelers at LDE for a decade (if we hadn't drafted Heyward in the 1st)

FormulaLT1poweR
03-09-2013, 06:33 AM

This x100000000000000000000000

I'm not even excited for the season, and the William Gay signing is 75% of the reason why. We are going the wrong direction, and I won't be surprised to see us battling Cleveland for the 4th seed in the AFCN.

jross2021
03-09-2013, 07:21 AM
This x100000000000000000000000

I'm not even excited for the season, and the William Gay signing is 75% of the reason why. We are going the wrong direction, and I won't be surprised to see us battling Cleveland for the 4th seed in the AFCN.

Go down for Clown

hindes204
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Negotiations with Harrison seem to be going nowhere, hope we can hang on to him. Yes, he's older, but he can still play that position better than anyone else on the team.

jross2021
03-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Goodnight sweet James. Inb4 Sean Spence era.

hindes204
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
damn.....even as old as he is, hes still got more game than Woodley, I was hoping they could hang on to Harrison for at least one or two more years. Worilds was atrocious when he subbed for him. Nobody behind him can play that position better...

hindes204
03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Wonder if this means they'll make a run at Jarvis in the draft....his injury history makes me nervous

kethnaab
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Wonder if this means they'll make a run at Jarvis in the draft....his injury history makes me nervous

hope not, for that very reason

what nauseates me is how ****ing stupid our front office is sometimes.

We ask James Harrison to take a pay cut after we

1) Bring William Gay back and pay him $4.5 million
2) Say outright we are not negotiating a pay cut for big, fat, slovenly, pathetic Willie Colon

I can't blame Deebo for not taking the pay cut. Our FO is full of asswipes

FormulaLT1poweR
03-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Guys...I too was a little upset when we let Harrison go. HOWEVER, let's remember one thing...the Steelers Front Office has done this time and time and time again (letting a popular player, specifically a LB go) and it's worked out everytime. Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell, Joey Porter, Chad Brown, just to name a few. We've got to trust them with their track record. The ONLY player I can remember us letting go, and doing well was Rod Woodson.

I can see Deebo going to a team like Denver or New England fairly quickly. He won't last long.

I do think this makes LB a glaring need in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually traded down from 1.17 if our "guy" isn't there. I don't like a lot of the mocks for 1.17...it's too early to stretch for a player.

SteelersBrah
03-09-2013, 09:45 PM
a player that i'd like to see the steelers take either in the 7th or as a FA. PSU LB Mike Mauti. Injuries are a worry. Currently has a torn acl, but will be ready for the season and has shown that he can comeback from injuries. Good instincts and the dudes a warrior. With the success of recent psu linebacker grads, he has huge upside imo if he can stay healthy

Backus21
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM
a player that i'd like to see the steelers take either in the 7th or as a FA. PSU LB Mike Mauti. Injuries are a worry. Currently has a torn acl, but will be ready for the season and has shown that he can comeback from injuries. Good instincts and the dudes a warrior. With the success of recent psu linebacker grads, he has huge upside imo if he can stay healthy

I could get behind that. Dude was a great player for PSU and a real leader. As far as the Harrison business I am fine with it. Its always a tough decision to release a fan favorite type of player but it has to happen sometimes. This move also helps our cap which is always great. Best of luck to Harrison.

The only downside to this is now Pittsburgh might take another look at taking an OLB with our first pick and I do not want any part of that.

kethnaab
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
The ONLY player I can remember us letting go, and doing well was Rod Woodson.

Chad Brown had 7 sacks and 2 TDs the year after he went to Seattle then put up 149 tackles and 7.5 sacks (All Pro) the year after as an ILB. He was outstanding with Seattle
Kevin Greene led the NFL in sacks the season after we released him, and put up 4 consecutive double-digit sack seasons (52 sacks in his final 4 years) after he left
Joey Porter put up 17.5 sacks with Miami in 2008 (of course, we didn't care because of....Mr. Deebo)

Deebo is the best Steelers' LB since the days of Jack Ham and Jack Lambert. too bad the geniuses at the front office brought Willie Gay back for $4.5 million, and THEN asked Deebo to take a pay cut, without asking Colon to do the same

ridiculous. Harrison's time was upon us, but the way the Steelers' front office is handling this is ridiculous.

Aussiebrah66
03-10-2013, 04:19 AM
goodnight sweet james, youll be missed :*(

FormulaLT1poweR
03-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Chad Brown had 7 sacks and 2 TDs the year after he went to Seattle then put up 149 tackles and 7.5 sacks (All Pro) the year after as an ILB. He was outstanding with Seattle
Kevin Greene led the NFL in sacks the season after we released him, and put up 4 consecutive double-digit sack seasons (52 sacks in his final 4 years) after he left
Joey Porter put up 17.5 sacks with Miami in 2008 (of course, we didn't care because of....Mr. Deebo)

Deebo is the best Steelers' LB since the days of Jack Ham and Jack Lambert. too bad the geniuses at the front office brought Willie Gay back for $4.5 million, and THEN asked Deebo to take a pay cut, without asking Colon to do the same

ridiculous. Harrison's time was upon us, but the way the Steelers' front office is handling this is ridiculous.

Compared to the season(S) they had in Pittsburgh...one or two good years is not a big deal to me. Rod Woodson done it on a consistent level. Every one of the players I mentioned, it was their time to go, etc. I know we were all FURIOUS when we let Kendrell Bell go at his young age, simply because we wouldn't pay him.

But I do agree with you, after giving William Gay 3/4.5 and keeping Colons atrocious salary on the books, Harrison just laughed at us.

Rumors are swirling about him going to NE, Cleveland or Baltimore.

Looks like Mike Wallace AND Mendenhall might end up in Miami.

Anyone know if Bruce Gradkowski is signed? I'd really love to have him as a back-up. I think it was public knowledge when he got drafted, his Mom or him stated he wanted to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'd rather sign him for a year or two than grab a back-up QB in this draft.

kethnaab
03-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Compared to the season(S) they had in Pittsburgh...one or two good years is not a big deal to me. Rod Woodson done it on a consistent level. Every one of the players I mentioned, it was their time to go, etc. I know we were all FURIOUS when we let Kendrell Bell go at his young age, simply because we wouldn't pay him.

But I do agree with you, after giving William Gay 3/4.5 and keeping Colons atrocious salary on the books, Harrison just laughed at us.

Rumors are swirling about him going to NE, Cleveland or Baltimore.

Looks like Mike Wallace AND Mendenhall might end up in Miami.

Anyone know if Bruce Gradkowski is signed? I'd really love to have him as a back-up. I think it was public knowledge when he got drafted, his Mom or him stated he wanted to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'd rather sign him for a year or two than grab a back-up QB in this draft.

I like Gradkowski, I want him around.

I gotta disagree with you, Porter had a few good seasons left, Greene and Chad Brown were dominant for years afterward. Lloyd and Kirkland were done though, as was Kendrell Bell.

Backus21
03-10-2013, 03:43 PM
If Harrison signed with Baltimore that would be a serious shot to the testicles. And Miami can have fun with those two phaggots Mendenhall and Wallace. Good riddance to both of them

kethnaab
03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
If Harrison signed with Baltimore that would be a serious shot to the testicles. And Miami can have fun with those two phaggots Mendenhall and Wallace. Good riddance to both of them

Cleveland has a ton of cap room

I bet he goes there. He is from the area and went to Kent State. I guarantee you that Ray Horton will do what he can to bring Harrison in to lead the locker room and get them a change of attitude.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
The player rep for free agent James Harrison says his client is interested in playing for the Ravens.
The agent is just planting seeds -- he did so with the Browns and Patriots as well -- but returning to Baltimore as Paul Kruger's replacement would make sense for Harrison. The Ravens could give him another opportunity at a Super Bowl ring. Harrison was originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent in '03.

The player rep for free agent OLB James Harrison says his client "would love" to play for the Browns.
Harrison played college ball at Kent State and is an Akron native. The Browns also have several coaching-staff ties to Harrison, beginning with DC Ray Horton, a former longtime Steelers assistant. The Browns seem more keen on free agent Paul Kruger, but could revisit Harrison if they're outbid by a team like the Colts. Mar 9 - 11:39 PM

Free agent OLB James Harrison said he would be interested in playing for the Patriots.
"Of course it would be nice to play with Tom Brady," Harrison said. "I mean, who wouldn't want to?" Harrison has played exclusively as a stand-up pass-rusher in Pittsburgh, and the Patriots run more of a 4-3, but they'd find a way to use him. Mar 9 - 4:28 PM

jross2021
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Cut mendenhall and wallace, sign Steven Jackson and Tommy Streeter (Mike Wallace Jr.)

Why am I not an owner?

thegenerel
03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Cut mendenhall and wallace, sign Steven Jackson and Tommy Streeter (Mike Wallace Jr.)

Why am I not an owner?

because you do not know what a contract is?

thegenerel
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
RIP Willie Colon

jross2021
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
because you do not know what a contract is?

The problem is you're focusing on the things in my post that dont really matter

hindes204
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Mike Wallace...5 years, $65M...$30M garaunteed

Good luck with that Miami

kethnaab
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
RIP Willie Colon

RIP?

you mean GTFO

hindes204
03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Mendenhall off to Arizona, aka PGH West.

Colon cut this afternoon

FormulaLT1poweR
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Welcome Gradkowski!

Bring in DHB, Beanie Wells and we might have a team! Karlos Dansby or Dan Connor, and I'll like it even more. Keep Keenan and I will be ecstatic!

Backus21
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Welcome Gradkowski!

Bring in DHB, Beanie Wells and we might have a team! Karlos Dansby or Dan Connor, and I'll like it even more. Keep Keenan and I will be ecstatic!

That was my thinking. I would love it if they signed DHB and Beanie along with a linebacker. Then draft a DB, DT, and an O-lineman

kethnaab
03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Welcome Gradkowski!

out of DHB, Wells, and Dansby, there is one good player, and he's Dansby who will have something like a $6 million salary to demand

Connor might be a decent younger Larry Foote if he can stay healthy.

kethnaab
03-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I would love it if they signed DHB and Beanie

why?

DHB is a less-talented version of Mike Wallace with worse route running skills and more inconsistent hands

Beanie Wells has a vagina and she menstruates weekly, typically on Sundays.

Backus21
03-13-2013, 09:06 PM
why?

DHB is a less-talented version of Mike Wallace with worse route running skills and more inconsistent hands

Beanie Wells has a vagina and she menstruates weekly, typically on Sundays.

Lmao damnit Im trying to be serious but that Beanie line was gold.

Personally I like DHB and he was really raw when Oakland drafted him but he showed promise and growth. Plus you cant count on Oakland to actually use a player correctly. And with Beanie...well I am desperate for a damn RB and I have good memories of watching him on Saturdays. I would really like Steven Jackson but thats probably out of the question. I also like Hillis but you never know if he will actually try.

kethnaab
03-13-2013, 11:37 PM
DHB is a lesser version of Wallace

Wells is Rashard Mendenhall as a transgendered football player

seriously, we can get better than either of them in the 3rd round this year

edit - ah....OSU Buckeye...

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
DHB is a lesser version of Wallace

Wells is Rashard Mendenhall as a transgendered football player

seriously, we can get better than either of them in the 3rd round this year

edit - ah....OSU Buckeye...

Correct, DHB is a lesser Mike Wallace. However, with our current WR situation, I'll take him over damn near anyone on our team not named Antonio Brown. Emmanuel Sanders is being baited by the Pats...if he's gone, our WR's are LOL worthy. BRB Plaxico Burress/Jericho Cotchery is our #2 WR.

Beanie was hopeful, but obviously he has major knee injuries...so I'll pass on him. Michael Turner might be worth some consideration, or Peyton Hillis?

Victor Butler appears to be a nice OLB, but I doubt that happens.

Can we even field a competitive team next year? Really... William Gay at CB2, Plaxico/Cotchery at WR3 (probably WR2), some no-name at TE1, Redman/Dwyer as a RB1, Antonio Brown as a WR1 (he's not a WR1).

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Jets signed OG Willie Colon to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
Pro Football Focus graded Colon as a top-15 run-blocking guard and top-25 pass-blocking guard in 2012, but charted him with the most penalties in the league at the position. Turning 30 in April, Colon figures to replace Brandon Moore as the Jets' starting right guard. New York now has four starting offensive linemen in place: LT Brick Ferguson, C Nick Mangold, RG Colon, and RT Austin Howard.

thegenerel
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Correct, DHB is a lesser Mike Wallace. However, with our current WR situation, I'll take him over damn near anyone on our team not named Antonio Brown. Emmanuel Sanders is being baited by the Pats...if he's gone, our WR's are LOL worthy. BRB Plaxico Burress/Jericho Cotchery is our #2 WR.

Beanie was hopeful, but obviously he has major knee injuries...so I'll pass on him. Michael Turner might be worth some consideration, or Peyton Hillis?

Victor Butler appears to be a nice OLB, but I doubt that happens.

Can we even field a competitive team next year? Really... William Gay at CB2, Plaxico/Cotchery at WR3 (probably WR2), some no-name at TE1, Redman/Dwyer as a RB1, Antonio Brown as a WR1 (he's not a WR1).

Turner is shot
Gay will be CB3/4
Cotchery will be WR3
Miller is TE1
RBBC again

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Turner is shot
Gay will be CB3/4
Cotchery will be WR3
Miller is TE1
RBBC again

Tuner is shot...but still better than Redman/Dwyer.
Gay was brought in to battle Cortez Allen for CB2. We got him for a reason...and he's been a CB2 before...
If Emmanuel Sanders leaves to N.E., Cotchery becomes a laughable WR2.
We HOPE Miller is a TE1, remember he's not Adrian Peterson.
More like SRBBC (s, standing for $hitty).

Who's ready for a 4th place AFCN finish?

thegenerel
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Tuner is shot...but still better than Redman/Dwyer.
Gay was brought in to battle Cortez Allen for CB2. We got him for a reason...and he's been a CB2 before...
If Emmanuel Sanders leaves to N.E., Cotchery becomes a laughable WR2.
We HOPE Miller is a TE1, remember he's not Adrian Peterson.
More like SRBBC (s, standing for $hitty).

Who's ready for a 4th place AFCN finish?

they think Allen is ready to start. I dont see Sanders leaving at this point as the Pats signed a similar WR this morning, plus they have very few picks and would have to overpay Sanders for the Steelers not to match. plus an extra 3rd might result in a pretty nice player with the depth this year.

as for the division, Im not worried about this year, they need to remodel. even if the Browns/Bengals got slightly better or did nothing at all have you seen the Ravens? they are going to be in far worse shape than the Steelers.

jross2021
03-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Do want that little white rb outta ne

thegenerel
03-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Do want that little white rb in me

Woodhead?

jross2021
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Woodhead?

Yes brah.

Srs Thread
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
in b4 worst record..... then clowney.

Would take a injury to roethlisberger though, so i'm not in for that.

jross2021
03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
in b4 worst record..... then clowney.

Would take a injury to roethlisberger though, so i'm not in for that.

Hes always injured anyway. :/.

hindes204
03-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Rumor is that victor Butler is asking 5-5.5M

The Steelers won't pay that

I watched him play in Dallas all last year, the kids got potential

kethnaab
03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Correct, DHB is a lesser Mike Wallace. However, with our current WR situation, I'll take him over damn near anyone on our team not named Antonio Brown. .

yeah, can't argue that part.

if we get a 3rd rounder for Emmanuel Sanders, that would be glorious

our front office is getting really fukking stupid

horry sheet. BRB, asking for almost as much as Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril

thegenerel
03-15-2013, 06:18 PM

The Steelers won't pay that

I watched him play in Dallas all last year, the kids got potential

lol wut, he has barely any suitors or interest!!?!?

hindes204
03-15-2013, 07:55 PM
lol wut, he has barely any suitors or interest!!?!?

Jets, eagles, and steelers....I guess he thinks he can get that out of one of those teams

It ain't gonna be da Stillers

thegenerel
03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Jets, eagles, and steelers....I guess he thinks he can get that out of one of those teams

It ain't gonna be da Stillers

pretty sure the Eagles are out after Barwin.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Victor Butler left Pittsburgh without a contract.

Pittsburgh signed Matt Speath.

Seriously WTF is going on.

Where is Chris Ivory...I'd take him too.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reported that Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.
The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if Pittsburgh didn't match the offer and allowed Sanders to walk.

Restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet with the Patriots.
The terms are not yet known, but the Steelers now have five days to match or let Sanders walk. Although "poison pill" offer sheets were outlawed in the new CBA, the Patriots have an abundance of 2013 cap room while the Steelers have next to none. It's quite possible the Pats have structured their offer in a way that would be difficult or impossible for the Steelers to match. If that's the case, Pittsburgh would receive New England's third-round pick as compensation since Sanders was tendered at the original-round level. It's an aggressive move by a Patriots team clearly intent on remaking its receiver corps, and an ominous development for a Pittsburgh club that's been shedding talent. Were Sanders to end up in New England, it would almost certainly signal an end to Brandon Lloyd's time with the team.

FormulaLT1poweR
03-17-2013, 06:40 PM
OH LAWD...PLEASE LET THESE TWO THINGS HAPPEN:

The Baltimore Sun reports the Steelers are interested in free agent DE Elvis Dumervil.
Reporter Aaron Wilson considers the Steelers a team to "keep an eye on." Dumervil has now been connected to the Steelers and Ravens since Friday's contract fiasco, and expressed interest in playing for the Dolphins. If the price is right, he'd restore the pass-rushing heat Pittsburgh lost when it cut James Harrison.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers and Packers have expressed interest in free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.
They're the first teams Bradshaw has been linked to since being released by the Giants last month. Bradshaw (foot surgeries) was cleared to begin visiting teams two weeks ago. Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh could use a jolt of talent in the running game, and Bradshaw — despite his injury history — is easily the top remaining free-agent back. He could soon start lining up visits.

Backus21
03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
I didnt know where else to post this because the sports misc nfl mock draft thread is cluttered with everyone posting. So general and keth, we are on the clock. Who are we taking? The trolling angle is gone because someone picked Honey Badger was taken 12 lmao. What are your thoughts gentlemen?

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
just saw the PM...let me see who is there.

Backus21
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I heard some other teams wanna move up so there is an angle we can use. We might be able to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder if there is no one we are "in love" with this pick. Trading back could get us that corner from Florida State whos name escapes me, Big Hank the NT, or Lacy. Or we can keep the pick and go with somebody you guys are interested in.

Doober4
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Just pick another rapist and get it over with.

Backus21
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Just pick another rapist and get it over with.

Dont tell us our business devil woman lol

Doober4
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Lmao

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
here is a sample list to work from

3 Bjoern Werner RDE
Florida State
Damontre Moore RDE
Texas A&M

Matt Barkley QB
USC

Jarvis Jones OB
Georgia
Alex Okafor RDE
Texas
Johnathan Hankins DT
Ohio State

Johnthan Banks DC
Mississippi State

Keenan Allen WR
California

DeAndre Hopkins WR
Clemson

Sam Montgomery DE
LSU

Xavier Rhodes DC
Florida State
Kenny Vaccaro FS
Texas

Manti Te'o IB
Notre Dame

Zach Ertz TE
Stanford

Jordan Poyer DC
Oregon State

Alec Ogletree IB
Georgia

Tyler Eifert TE
Notre Dame

DJ Fluker OT
Alabama

Barrett Jones OC
Alabama

Terrence Williams WR
Baylor

Matt Elam SS
Florida

Sylvester Williams DT
North Carolina

Desmond Trufant DC
Washington

Cornellius Carradine DE
Florida State

Eric Reid FS
LSU

Blidi Wreh-Wilson DC
Connecticut

Kwann Short DT
Purdue

Giovani Bernard RB
North Carolina

Justin Hunter WR
Tennessee

Kevin Minter IB
LSU

Datone Jones DE
UCLA

Brennan Williams OT
North Carolina

Markus Wheaton WR
Oregon State

Jesse Williams DT
Alabama

Mike Glennon QB
NC State

Robert Woods WR
USC

Khaled Holmes OC
USC

Eddie Lacy RB
Alabama

Jonathan Cyprien SS
Florida International

John Jenkins DT
Georgia

Travis Frederick OC
Wisconsin

Tyler Wilson QB
Arkansas

Arthur Brown IB
Kansas State

Da'Rick Rogers WR
Tennessee

Kevin Reddick IB
North Carolina

Bennie Logan DT
LSU
Tony Jefferson SS
Oklahoma

Larry Warford OG
Kentucky

David Amerson DC
NC State

Akeem Spence DT
Illinois

Justin Pugh OT
Syracuse

Stepfan Taylor RB
Stanford

Chris Faulk OT
LSU

Ricky Wagner OT
Wisconsin

Logan Ryan DC
Rutgers

Phillip Thomas FS
Fresno State

William Gholston DE
Michigan State

Travis Kelce TE
Cincinnati

Khaseem Greene OB
Rutgers

Corey Lemonier DE
Auburn

Lavar Edwards DE
LSU

EJ Manuel QB
Florida State

Dallas Thomas OG
Tennessee

David Bakhtiari OT
Colorado

Robert Alford DE
Southeastern Louisiana

TJ McDonald FS
USC

Ryan Nassib QB
Syracuse

Menelik Watson OT
Florida State

Quinton Patton WR
Louisiana Tech

Bacarri Rambo FS
Georgia

Stedman Bailey WR
West Virginia

Jamar Taylor DC
Boise State

Landry Jones QB
Oklahoma

Brian Winters OG
Kent State

Brandon Jenkins OB/DE
Florida State

Terron Armstead OT
Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Johnathan Franklin RB
UCLA

Joseph Fauria TE
UCLA
Le'Veon Bell RB
Michigan State

Sio Moore OLB
Connecticut

Montee Ball RB
Wisconsin

Gavin Escobar TE
San Diego State

Kyle Long OG
Oregon

Andre Ellington RB
Clemson

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I vote Vaccaro or trade back

Backus21
03-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah I like Rhodes, Hankins, and Lacy but picking either of them would be way to high at 17. My vote is to trade back. Try to get into that 24-29 range to snag one of those guys. And for the record, I am not a fan of Jarvis Jones. Too risky

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Id only consider Rhodes at 17.

Backus21
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Kinda sucks that keth is not online. I don't wanna make a big decision like this without him but I also do t wanna keep the whole draft held up for the others.

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Kinda sucks that keth is not online. I don't wanna make a big decision like this without him but I also do t wanna keep the whole draft held up for the others.

ha, keth hates Jones, I know that. I forgot about this, we shouldve been prepared.

and I dont care if they have to wait, Id rather make a good pick than just take a scrub.

Backus21
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
ha, keth hates Jones, I know that. I forgot about this, we shouldve been prepared.

and I dont care if they have to wait, Id rather make a good pick than just take a scrub.

Lmao troll keth by taking Teo with this pick and then trade back into the first to take Jones

Yank11
03-24-2013, 09:26 PM
i'm NYG pick at 19 and I say you guys wait for keth, no rush we're almost through the 1st rd alone in less than 12 hours...

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Lmao troll keth by taking Teo with this pick and then trade back into the first to take Jones

trade Ben for a first and take Jones + 3-4 DE

JmanTheJuiceman
03-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Vikings trying to move up, just so you know we got :

3rd
4th
4th

Not really trying to mess around w/ negotiations lol, let me know your guys' absolute low for #17 and maybe we can make some lemonade?

thegenerel
03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
17 = 950 points
23 = 760
83 = 180
swap your high 4th for our 4th?

JmanTheJuiceman
03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
17 = 950 points
23 = 760
83 = 180
swap your high 4th for our 4th?

Oh snap, I probably would have done that lol.. Oh well

kethnaab
03-24-2013, 10:38 PM

trade Ben for a first and take Jones + 3-4 DE

OMFG, the neg cannon would've been on full auto...

Xavier Rhodes was the (extremely easy) pick

Backus21
03-24-2013, 10:42 PM
OMFG, the neg cannon would've been on full auto...

Xavier Rhodes was the (extremely easy) pick

Lmao theres not enough pepper in the world for a 78k cannon. But yeah Rhodes is great. Better to pick him at 17 than trading back few spots and him not be there.

kethnaab
03-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Lmao theres not enough pepper in the world for a 78k cannon. But yeah Rhodes is great. Better to pick him at 17 than trading back few spots and him not be there.

Ike's in his mid-30s coming off injury. We've moved to a more physical press style with our CBs. Xavier Rhodes is basically Cortez Allen, but 25 lbs heavier and a lot more straight line speed. Cortez Allen has looser hips and can play in the slot much better than I see Rhodes doing, but Rhodes is a pure bump and run CB like Antonio Cromartie, but with VERY good tackling skills. Cromartie could put a run for the money to any CB in the NFL if he wasn't such a vagina.

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 08:15 AM
I went from feeling that the Steelers were just outside one tier of prospects, then to they could nab someone I really like, and now back to eh....

Srs Thread
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Liking the mocks that have Rhodes or the stud WR from Tennessee.

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Liking the mocks that have Rhodes or the stud WR from Tennessee.

NO TO PATTERSON!

that dude is a legitimate moron, Ike Taylor would mentally dissect him!

Srs Thread
03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
NO TO PATTERSON!

In b4 Cotchery is our #2.

kethnaab
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
NO TO PATTERSON!

In b4 Cotchery is our #2.

there's at least a dozen WRs in this draft that I'll be happy with. Patterson is boom/bust all the way. He might explode, he might never get it, another physically gifted WR without the mental ability to play in the NFL.

Srs Thread
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
there's at least a dozen WRs in this draft that I'll be happy with. Patterson is boom/bust all the way. He might explode, he might never get it, another physically gifted WR without the mental ability to play in the NFL.

there's a lot of talent out there, but not many big bodies on the outside that can contrinute right away.

kethnaab
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
there's a lot of talent out there, but not many big bodies on the outside that can contrinute right away.

Patterson wouldn't start right away. He would be a guy who runs the 9 and the slant and sits the rest of the time. His route running is terrible. That tends to be guys who get on the field early, the ones with better route running. It's to be expected, he just doesn't have that type of experience. A guy like Deandre Hopkins runs precise routes, has great hands, and is a big-bodied guy who goes up and fights for the ball.

Srs Thread
03-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Patterson wouldn't start right away. He would be a guy who runs the 9 and the slant and sits the rest of the time. His route running is terrible. That tends to be guys who get on the field early, the ones with better route running. It's to be expected, he just doesn't have that type of experience. A guy like Deandre Hopkins runs precise routes, has great hands, and is a big-bodied guy who goes up and fights for the ball.

i wouldnt be too disappointed with Hopkins... its tough to look at a guy in the first or second who wasnt even the best WR on his team.

I would love swope, but i have a feeling he'll be gone in the 2nd.

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM

its so deep at WR this year, Hopkins is a guy I really like, I might have him 2nd to Austin. I fear his is a guy whose value lies between the Steelers 1st and 2nd round picks. This would be a good year to trade back and get 2nds and 3rds.

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
i wouldnt be too disappointed with Hopkins... its tough to look at a guy in the first or second who wasnt even the best WR on his team.

I would love swope, but i have a feeling he'll be gone in the 2nd.

Swope will likely be there in R3

Backus21
03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
No need to draft a WR high this year. With the track record we have Im sure the Steelers will find another gem in the 3rd-5th round that will develop nicely. Wallace was a 3rd I think, Brown was a 4th rounder.

^^^ And I would really like it if Pitt drafted Swope, but idk where he is projected to go. If hes there in the 3rd I would be completely behind taking him.

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
No need to draft a WR high this year. With the track record we have Im sure the Steelers will find another gem in the 3rd-5th round that will develop nicely. Wallace was a 3rd I think, Brown was a 4th rounder.

^^^ And I would really like it if Pitt drafted Swope, but idk where he is projected to go. If hes there in the 3rd I would be completely behind taking him.

Brown was a 6.

and what is high? if Hopkins is there in R2 they should take him

thegenerel
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
brb fapping to the Pens. they only had a few needs; vet leader, Top 9 wing, off/def net front presence, grit, and PK help

Murray is slow but he will crack skulls.

kethnaab
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM

wait, are you saying that Hopkins wasn't Clemson's best WR?

Srs Thread
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
wait, are you saying that Hopkins wasn't Clemson's best WR?

A non-suspended/healthy Sammy Watkins has a lot more potential IMHO. The guy had flashes of brilliance his freshman year, could be said that he was already a top WR in the ACC. He wasn't the same player this past year.... With that said, health and character are huge factors.

kethnaab
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
A non-suspended/healthy Sammy Watkins has a lot more potential IMHO. The guy had flashes of brilliance his freshman year, could be said that he was already a top WR in the ACC. He wasn't the same player this past year.... With that said, health and character are huge factors.

well, tons of "potentially" good/great WRs crash and burn. I'd be more than a bit concerned that, with the diva rate of WRs, Watkins has a ton of it in him. Standard storyline:

1) WR has a successful season
2) Gets ton of accolades/attention
3) It goes to his head
4) He becomes a douchebag (if he wasn't already)
5) Begins doing stupid things way too often

it's just something that would worry me. Whatever ceiling Watkins has is matched by Hopkins due to his much better consistency, hands, and route running. Plus no stupid stuff. After the attitudes we've seen with our WRs, I'd like a businessman like Larry Fitzgerald over a potential Brandon Marshall/Terrell Owens type

Backus21
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
well, tons of "potentially" good/great WRs crash and burn. I'd be more than a bit concerned that, with the diva rate of WRs, Watkins has a ton of it in him. Standard storyline:

1) WR has a successful season
2) Gets ton of accolades/attention
3) It goes to his head
4) He becomes a douchebag (if he wasn't already)
5) Begins doing stupid things way too often

it's just something that would worry me. Whatever ceiling Watkins has is matched by Hopkins due to his much better consistency, hands, and route running. Plus no stupid stuff. After the attitudes we've seen with our WRs, I'd like a businessman like Larry Fitzgerald over a potential Brandon Marshall/Terrell Owens type

Alright time to plan for dat der 2nd pick. We filled a huge whole with Rhodes which is great. Obviously there are still a lot of picks to go until we are on the clock but what do you two think? What are your order of importance position wise? RB, WR, LB, O-line, NT are big needs in no order

kethnaab
03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Alright time to plan for dat der 2nd pick. We filled a huge whole with Rhodes which is great. Obviously there are still a lot of picks to go until we are on the clock but what do you two think? What are your order of importance position wise? RB, WR, LB, O-line, NT are big needs in no order

too early, but I am hoping a certain somebody falls to me. I did a full-on 7 round draft elsewhere, and it was an absolutely resounding success. I think I would literally spooge if the steelers ended up with that type of haul.

Backus21
03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
too early, but I am hoping a certain somebody falls to me. I did a full-on 7 round draft elsewhere, and it was an absolutely resounding success. I think I would literally spooge if the steelers ended up with that type of haul.

Prime Minister me the results you got. Now I am curious lol

Backus21
03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
I liked the pick Keth. I was in bed when it was made because Im old lol. That makes the loss of Harrison not as noticable if this guy can play. I havent seen much of him but I trust your judgement.

Now we've filled 2 big wholes with CB and OLB. Still have some problems at NT, WR, RB, OL, and possibly TE. Still have some picks to go and Im still seeing some 4th and 5th round gems. And ps I liked that mock you PM'd me. Can only hope the real deal is as smooth as that lol

thegenerel
03-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Nice, Jamie Collins! Rhodes+Collins would be great

brb losing my mind over the Pens

kethnaab
03-28-2013, 07:38 AM
brb losing my mind over the Pens

we need to hire Mario ****ing Lemieux to run the Steelers. He gets $hit done for the Pens

I love how when the Steelers bring in an "old man", it's William "I suck so badly I am embarrassing" Gay

when the Pens bring in old men, they're guys like Jarome Iginla, or Ronnie Francis

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN $HIT!!!

kethnaab
03-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I liked the pick Keth. I was in bed when it was made because Im old lol. That makes the loss of Harrison not as noticable if this guy can play. I havent seen much of him but I trust your judgement.

Now we've filled 2 big wholes with CB and OLB. Still have some problems at NT, WR, RB, OL, and possibly TE. Still have some picks to go and Im still seeing some 4th and 5th round gems. And ps I liked that mock you PM'd me. Can only hope the real deal is as smooth as that lol

SILENCE!!! WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS!!!

and yes, you'll notice that the mock I PMd you fills every "real" hole

Collins isn't perfect, but the dude has way too damn much of Cam Wake in his game for me to not like the pick. Physically, he's like a larger version of Joey Porter. Only thing the guy has to do is build his upper body strength. He actually played defensive back as a true freshman and was a QB coming out of high school.

EDIT - backus, please send the mock to general

thegenerel
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
we need to hire Mario ****ing Lemieux to run the Steelers. He gets $hit done for the Pens

I love how when the Steelers bring in an "old man", it's William "I suck so badly I am embarrassing" Gay

when the Pens bring in old men, they're guys like Jarome Iginla, or Ronnie Francis

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN $HIT!!!

even the Pirates did it right.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1301795/stfd.gif

kethnaab
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
even the Pirates did it right.

don't even go there man, I can't trust the pirates

thegenerel
03-28-2013, 07:44 AM
don't even go there man, I can't trust the pirates

with little effort one could find 500 old guys who failed.

thegenerel
03-28-2013, 07:47 AM
and this is how you send a message of "we are going to go balls deep this year" unlike the Pirates pissing off the locker room at last year's deadline.

Backus21
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
PM is sent.

thegenerel
04-01-2013, 07:49 AM
nice, Franklin!

would you have thought about Barner if he was there?

Srs Thread
04-01-2013, 08:04 AM
nice, Franklin!

I think Barner is properly rated, just surprised some people don't have him higher.

kethnaab
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
nice, Franklin!

over Franklin? Not a chance. Franklin is a full-scale RB. Barner is a weapon, but is not a 3-down RB.

Backus21
04-01-2013, 09:51 AM
over Franklin? Not a chance. Franklin is a full-scale RB. Barner is a weapon, but is not a 3-down RB.

Agreed. But I do like Barner as a back up RB. With the right team that has a group Rb style he could be a serious weapon. If the real draft goes this well in real life Im gonna faint lol

thegenerel
04-01-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/2013-steelers-mock-draft-version-3-0-post-pro-days/

how about this mock draft? he is usually quite reasonable and hits on a lot of Steelers picks.

Backus21
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/2013-steelers-mock-draft-version-3-0-post-pro-days/

how about this mock draft? he is usually quite reasonable and hits on a lot of Steelers picks.

That is actually not a bad draft. Idk much about Cooper but that addresses a need. Woods was a beast last year. Barner is good but I think Franklin is the better pick. Im not so sure how Simon will do in the NFL but what the hell lol.I also like the late pick of MM. Dude has toughness and is a serious leader just like Simon.

I dont like that CB isnt addressed in that mock however. I mean you cant fill every whole with 7 picks but that is a whole I think we need to fill more so than others.

thegenerel
04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
That is actually not a bad draft. Idk much about Cooper but that addresses a need. Woods was a beast last year. Barner is good but I think Franklin is the better pick. Im not so sure how Simon will do in the NFL but what the hell lol.I also like the late pick of MM. Dude has toughness and is a serious leader just like Simon.

I dont like that CB isnt addressed in that mock however. I mean you cant fill every whole with 7 picks but that is a whole I think we need to fill more so than others.

but that is Barner in R5, not R3.

I dont know how the CBs fell in this draft but with the amount of needs they could take just about any position and fill a need.

Backus21
04-01-2013, 11:03 AM
but that is Barner in R5, not R3.

I dont know how the CBs fell in this draft but with the amount of needs they could take just about any position and fill a need.

Oh I know and thats great. Franklin in the 3rd or 4th would be good, but hell if we could still get Barner in round 5 I would be completely fine with that. Im still hoping Pittsburgh tries to go after a cheap back in FA to help out.

Like I said I hope they fill the CB role but if they dont.....I guess Ill be doing a lot of cursing at my tv about William Gay lol. At least a lot of needs are filled with this mock, along with our sports misc mock. Either one Id be happy with.

kethnaab
04-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Well probably end up needing a 2nd rounder on Franklin

kethnaab
04-01-2013, 11:07 AM

I dont like all the picks but that is a damn good haul