PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I am only saying I wouldnt trade up for an OL as there are several really good prospects and it might be best to sit and have one fall to the Steelers. I really like David, he isnt a typical 34 ILB but the position is changing a lot.

I went to school up the street from Kemoeautu's brother, and hung with him a couple times.. I wont feel the same connection if they draft too many guards and drop Chris :(

Guys, we got to think about a few things:

1. Ben's going into his 8th year? He ain't getting any younger, and we need to keep him upright as much as possible. We take Roethlisberger out of the equation, and have Leftwich, Batch, Smith take over...and you might as well end our season.

2. We've started a "youth" movement...we aren't getting younger in 1 year, but let's start trimming some of the fat. Let's get some of them damn scrubs off the OL (we all know). We've got a depth a lot of places except OL.

Maybe we don't move, but I'll be happy with another BPA pick, as long as it ain't something stupid...and hell maybe another gem will fall into our laps. As Steelers fans, getting DeCastro was just about as likely as getting Matt Kalil. ;)

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I went to school up the street from Kemoeautu's brother, and hung with him a couple times.. I wont feel the same connection if they draft too many guards and drop Chris :(

lol wut he was cut a long time ago

jross2021
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Guys, we got to think about a few things:

1. Ben's going into his 8th year? He ain't getting any younger, and we need to keep him upright as much as possible. We take Roethlisberger out of the equation, and have Leftwich, Batch, Smith take over...and you might as well end our season.

2. We've started a "youth" movement...we aren't getting younger in 1 year, but let's start trimming some of the fat. Let's get some of them damn scrubs off the OL (we all know). We've got a depth a lot of places except OL.

Maybe we don't move, but I'll be happy with another BPA pick, as long as it ain't something stupid...and hell maybe another gem will fall into our laps. As Steelers fans, getting DeCastro was just about as likely as getting Matt Kalil. ;)

Hey! Don't get me wrong. I'd be perfectly happy if we drafted 4 lineman that started this year and upgraded the line. Would save us about 100 posts of Keth complaining about the line ;)

jross2021
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
possible Steelers tonight:
RB: James - Oregon
OL: Massie - Ole Miss, Brooks - Miami (OH), Osemele - Iowa St
DL: Ta'amu - Washington, Thompson - Clemson, Martin - Michigan, Chapman - Alabama
LB: David - Nebraska, Curry - Marshall
DB: Robinson - Central Florida, Iloka - Boise St, Robinson - Mich St

Board getting beat already. Y u no add Lamar Miller?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Massie, Osemele, Worthy, Still or Iloka...please!

I really like Osemele though...

jross2021
04-27-2012, 05:18 PM

Still fits the 3-4

Edit: Pead gone in the 2nd? Got damn.. better draft Miller, right now!

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Still fits the 3-4?

Who knows, that's a keth question.

Damn, I kinda liked Pead...but didn't think we'd go with him anyway in Rd2.

jross2021
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM

THere goes Still

BPA: According to ESPN:

Mike Adams - No
LaVonte David
Rueben Randle
Peter Konz - NO
Bobby Massie
Trumaine Johnson

Mitch1313
04-27-2012, 05:50 PM
o hi guys, long time no talk.

Did the Steelers just dun goof'd with Mike Adams?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
o hi guys, long time no talk.

Did the Steelers just dun goof'd with Mike Adams?

I personally don't like him. Said in other thread, you have to be an idiot, not care, or have a problem you can't control to fail the combine drug test.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I personally don't like him. Said in other thread, you have to be an idiot, not care, or have a problem you can't control to fail the combine drug test.

He released a statement of sorts saying he was embarrassed by it, and is willing to play for next to nothing, and not sign a "signing bonus" for 1-2 years.

I wasn't high on the guy, but you can't deny his talent...?

Hnnnnnnng @ our possible O-Line next year!

Round 3 = WR aka Mike Wallace's replacement?

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Adams is a real talent but I am on board when I read that the Steelers took him off their board and Adams asked to meet with the Steelers and prove he was worth taking. I guess he did well enough to get back on.

If he displays that level of effort he will be a good football player.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Still fits the 3-4

Edit: Pead gone in the 2nd? Got damn.. better draft Miller, right now!

-no Miller b/c that list is of guys the Steelers showed interest in. from what I gathered they have not talked to him.
-Still wouldve been a DE
-Adams was easily the most talented OL in Day 2 but had question marks, he made sure the Steelers liked him so be excited
-I really wanted Lavonte David :(, gotta hope for JMJ from Nevada in R3/4
-I expect LB/DB/RB/WR in R3

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
James Michael Johnson...I'll take.

I still think we are going WR in R3.

Why is Massie falling so badly?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
James Michael Johnson...I'll take.

I still think we are going WR in R3.

Miller falling badly too. If we take a WR I want Nick Toon or Tommy Streeter :)

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Miller falling badly too. If we take a WR I want Nick Toon or Tommy Streeter :)

What about the Rutgers WR?

Lots of solid WR's left...

Is it just me (maybe I payed more attention this year)...but is this an overall deep draft?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
What about the Rutgers WR?

Lots of solid WR's left...

Is it just me (maybe I payed more attention this year)...but is this an overall deep draft?

Ah, yeah Sanu, forgot about him.

I feel the same way, but I was way more into this draft than ever before.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Ah, yeah Sanu, forgot about him.

I feel the same way, but I was way more into this draft than ever before.

As much as I like Sanu and Streeter...

I'd like James Michael-Johnson or Bobbie Massie at our 3rd pick. If both are gone...then I go WR preferrably Sanu or Streeter...

So that's my "wish-list", w/ James Michael Johnson as my favorite...Bobbie Massie simply for BPA and more OL help! :D WR to replace Wallace next year...

EDIT: I also like Ronnell Lewis, but not sure if he's Rd 3 or Rd 4?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Since when don't we have a R3?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Since when don't we have a R3?

We do? 3.23?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
We do? 3.23?

I hate ESPN.com. They put Pitt's picks all the way to he left and don't put them where the pick is actually located.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Sean Spence?

No JMJ, Massie, Streeter or CB?

Son I am disappoint.

sp33dk1lls
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Are they planning on playing Spence at ILB?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Sean Spence?

No JMJ, Massie, Streeter or CB?

Son I am disappoint.

I'm in Heaven! They never get anyone from the U.

hnnnnnnnnnggghhhh

bWzJi1y6uhY

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm in Heaven! They never get anyone from the U.

hnnnnnnnnnggghhhh

bWzJi1y6uhY

I won't jump on the bandwagon this early...BUT, looks like he has a good motor, good instincts, and a BIG hitter.

Can he play ILB? Or is he sort of like a OLB/DE hybrid? Possible Harrison replacement?

jross2021
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I won't jump on the bandwagon this early...BUT, looks like he has a good motor, good instincts, and a BIG hitter.

Can he play ILB? Or is he sort of like a OLB/DE hybrid? Possible Harrison replacement?

Honestly only ever seen him play outside linebacker. He's quick and Kiper said he's one of the best tackling linebacker's in the draft. He's a hard worker, as are most of the players out of Miami.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Honestly only ever seen him play outside linebacker. He's quick and Kiper said he's one of the best tackling linebacker's in the draft. He's a hard worker, as are most of the players out of Miami.

He seems undersized to me...but we shall see.

Not sold, especially with JMJ on the board...he could have easily fit in. We must like Sylvester...haha!

WHY IS MASSIE FALLING TO THE 4TH ROUND? Most had him in the 1st, the rest at the top of the 2nd.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Spence looks real small for a LB, he needs some coco puffs with whole milk.

Steelers selected Miami LB Sean Spence with the No. 86 overall pick in the 2012 draft.
A four-year starter for the Hurricanes, Spence will likely slot in as a WILL 'backer for the Steelers' elderly linebacker corps. He's under-sized at 5-foot-11, 231 pounds, but boasts excellent speed and is a big hitter. Spence's above-average athleticism helps him get off-the-ball quickly, and hold his own in coverage despite his size limitations. He could see big snaps as a rookie as Pittsburgh looks to keep its veterans fresh.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Spence is a 43 Will, at most he is backing up Timmons...puzzling.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 08:23 PM

Any idea on why they would have taken Spence over JMJ, when we need a ILB?

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Any idea on why they would have taken Spence over JMJ, when we need a ILB?

that is just who they liked more. if Spence wasnt so small he wouldve gone much higher. crazy instincts and tackling. I dont see how he figures in with Timmons ahead of him.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
that is just who they liked more. if Spence wasnt so small he wouldve gone much higher. crazy instincts and tackling. I dont see how he figures in with Timmons ahead of him.

Obvious answer is obvious...LOL

As Steelers fans we can't b!tch too much, Colbert and crew do a fantastic job. If Adams pans out...I like our 1 and 2 picks a lot...can really see some help coming from them.

A lot of teams having a solid draft...

hindes204
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
The first two picks are fantastic. Adams has some questionable character issues and was taken off the Steelers board after they learned of his positive drug test. Adams jumped in his car to drive to Pittsburgh and talk to the front office about his actions. He said he was a lifelong steelers fan and would do anything to play for them. He must've said something right.

Hope he pans out, we could have a damn solid line for years to come.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Adams told the Steelers that his signing bonus should be deferred his signing bonus for 18 months. He is going to work out.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Adams told the Steelers that his signing bonus should be deferred his signing bonus for 18 months. He is going to work out.

This. At this point he knows what he needs to do. Could be another steal...

Like hindes said above...our OL may be good for years to come. Anyone want to throw out what it could look like Week 1?

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Adams wont start right away, and it depends if Colon can kick inside

currently:
Gilbert-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Colon

ideal future:
Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert

hindes204
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
This is what I posted in another board I post on before the Adams pick:

LT Marcus Gilbert
LG David DeCastro
C Maurkice Pouncey
RG Ramon Foster
RT Willie Colon

kethnaab
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Decastro >>>>> Hightower
the Steelers just got Faneca 2.0
Hightower was a possibility but Decastro was a pipe dream and was the best value pick of the draft by far.

yup. Not quite to the level of Hutch or Faneca as run blockers, but he might be a good grade higher in pass pro

strong lack of kethnaab's elation ITT

he's still fapping.
^^^

Still fits the 3-4

he's solid 5-tech for the Steelers. shorter arms than I like there.

I have no frickin' clue whatsoever. Him and Brandon Washington both. The OL picks are just out of this world all draft. Mitchell Schwartz is a 5th round athlete with a bad back. Brandon Brooks is a pure power scheme OG that's going to a finese zone blocking system. I'm dumbfounded.

i'm more confident in Adams with the knowledge that he sought the steelers out and agreed to defer his first 18 months. I like that.

Spence is a pick I'm trying not to hate. I hope like heck he isn't Doug Legursky, i.e. "if only he were a few inches taller, he'd be a stud", but he's not, so he's a career backup.

Spence is an oversize free safety. His terrible combine was because he had a 'fake' bulk up to 231. He plays about 212-215 in game. he's a ferocious guy. Love his game. He's basically everything Timmons isn't....smart, fearless against the run, highly instinctive, insane read/react skills.

but he's a damn midget.

we need a fukcing NT like nobody's business now.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
we need a fukcing NT like nobody's business now.

The way the draft is panning out...I'm not too overly concerned with NT. Especially with the 2013 possible NT's coming out...I know it's a year away, but lets keep stock-piling good players.

There's that NT from Washington with a weird name now...and that's about it.

What do you see with Rounds 4-7? Obviously more projects, but anyone that stands out? I still want JMJ and Streeter, and hell give me Bobbie Massie in the 7th! LOL

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 09:36 PM
amazing how people can be such ****ty sports fans/people. that list of potential targets I posted above didnt have Adams (b/c everyone was certain the Steelers dropped him) and Spence (who thought they would draft a 5'11" 215lb 43 WLB?), so people give me **** on facebook for being wrong. these are the same people who bitch about everything and are nice when they want something.

so onto tomorrow, who are you all thinking? I want to nail a few selections (as the later picks get really obscure), I will post about Fangupo and Trenton Robinson for sure. getting both would be great but then I can remind those dicks that its tough to make a correct prediction without making a prediction in the first place.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
what if Spence is a potential SS? I dont know how his coverage skills are but his has great instincts. I will research this tonight.

hindes204
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
His name is Ta'amu (I think) and I figured that's who we'd grab in the third

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
His name is Ta'amu (I think) and I figured that's who we'd grab in the third

Im not a big fan of his, plus DeCastro's OL coach at Stanford went on local sports talk and said how DD make Ta'amu quit when they played

hindes204
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
what if Spence is a potential SS? I dont know how his coverage skills are but his has great instincts. I will research this tonight.

His coverage skills are supposed to be on point...his height is a disadvantage though

jross2021
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
amazing how people can be such ****ty sports fans/people. that list of potential targets I posted above didnt have Adams (b/c everyone was certain the Steelers dropped him) and Spence (who thought they would draft a 5'11" 215lb 43 WLB?), so people give me **** on facebook for being wrong. these are the same people who bitch about everything and are nice when they want something.

so onto tomorrow, who are you all thinking? I want to nail a few selections (as the later picks get really obscure), I will post about Fangupo and Trenton Robinson for sure. getting both would be great but then I can remind those dicks that its tough to make a correct prediction without making a prediction in the first place.

I know i'm a homer but if Lamar Miller is there in the 4th, they have to pull the trigger. Same with Streeter in the 5th.
Then again, Ta'amu is still there. And Brandon Washington is a solid guard.

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
man, Spence could be a in the box SS

bWzJi1y6uhY

no way he is 230 in this video, keep him at 210, let him play ST and backup safety. the whole backup Mack could be a game. Id like JMJ from Nevada in R4

reverse79
04-27-2012, 10:03 PM
have faith in Spence

Canes are a linebacking institution.....gonna be hard rooting for him as a pats fan but im glad hes with a good defense

thegenerel
04-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I know i'm a homer but if Lamar Miller is there in the 4th, they have to pull the trigger. Same with Streeter in the 5th.
Then again, Ta'amu is still there. And Brandon Washington is a solid guard.

you dont even need to suggest drafting Miami players, we know who you want.

laser23
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Adams at OSU had literally no coaching or technique instruction(fukin Jim Bollman). The OL coach was a joke and didn't even have a blocking sled at the practice facility. Watch his game's agianst Kerrigan and Watt from a few years ago. He more than held his own against those guys. Nick Mangold was the same way at OSU.(no coaching, just playing on pure talent/athleticism). Steelers got a good one imo.

hindes204
04-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Good read on Adams:

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12119/1227887-150-0.stm

kethnaab
04-28-2012, 07:08 AM

stupid people tend to be stupid. that's why we call them "stupid people"

Adams at OSU had literally no coaching or technique instruction(fukin Jim Bollman). The OL coach was a joke and didn't even have a blocking sled at the practice facility. Watch his game's agianst Kerrigan and Watt from a few years ago. He more than held his own against those guys. Nick Mangold was the same way at OSU.(no coaching, just playing on pure talent/athleticism). Steelers got a good one imo.

agreed. if he has his act together, he'll be outstanding.

puzzled as to why Brandon Washington and Bobby Massie are still on the board.

Spence is James Farrior at 5'11, in his early 20s. he sees the play before it happens, but dude is a 215 lb LB. He's not a safety, although his body suggests he is.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/formulalt1power/lol.jpg

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 08:24 AM
look how thin Hoke is

https://p.twimg.com/ArkfTtpCMAA7_oc.jpg

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
still a ton of interesting prospects left!

RB: L Miller, Miami. R Turbin, Utah St.
WR: K Martin, Michigan St. G Childs, Arkansas. T Clemons, Colorado. M McNutt, Iowa. T Streeter, Miami. J Fuller, Texas A&M. M Smith, UCONN.
TE: L Green, LA-Lafayette. D Paulson, Oregon. A Robinson, Cincinnati. D Peterson, LSU. G Bryan, NC St. D Carrier, Beloit. C Harkey, UCLA
OL: B Massie, Ole Miss, K Beachum, SMU. Z Sanders, FSU. M Zusevics, Iowa. N Potter, Boise St. T Compton, S Dakota. A Datko, FSU. L Adcock, OK St. S Kelemete, Washington. L Nix, Pitt. J Troutman, PSU.

DL: A Ta'amu, Washington, J Chapman, Alabama. H Fangupo, BYU. N Jean-Baptists, Baylor. J Hughes, Cincinnati. D Paige-Moss, UNC. R Van Bergen, Michigan
LB: C Johnson, UVA, JM Johnson, Nevada. N Bradham, FSU. M Burris, San Diego St. J Harris, Alabama
CB: K Tandy, WVU. C Minnifield, UVA. M Pellerin, Hampton. J Jones, Wayne St.
S: T Robinson, Michigan St. A Henry, Wisconsin.
K: B Walsh, Georgia

revised. this is pretty much everyone the Steelers have shown interest in.

jross2021
04-28-2012, 08:46 AM

RB: L Miller, Miami.
WR: N Toon, Wisconsin. K Martin, Michigan St. G Childs, Arkansas. T Clemons, Colorado. T Streeter, Miami.
TE: L Green, LA-Lafayette. D Paulson, Oregon. A Robinson, Cincinnati
OL: B Massie, Ole Miss, K Beachum, SMU. B Washington, Miami..
DL: A Ta'amu, Washington, J Chapman, Alabama. H Fangupo, BYU. E Nduka, SportsMisc State.
LB: C Johnson, UVA, JM Johnson, Nevada
DB: K Tandy, WVU, T Robinson, Michigan St. G Iloka, Boise. M Martin, Oklahoma St.

Fixed!

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
What did we just give up to get Ta'amu?

Looks like we still have 4.24 too?!

hindes204
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Steelers just traded up and grabbed Ta'amu

hindes204
04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Swapped 4th and gave up a 6th

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Swapped 4th and gave up a 6th

Thanks I see that now. ESPN was still saying we kept 4.24, so I was like WTF.

Solid draft thus far...only question mark is Spence IMO. Two OL that can almost play right away (DeCastro for sure, Adams maybe). And a NT that we badly need...

hindes204
04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm excited, they are addressing all our needs with quality players. I'm actually a fan of Spence after spending last night doing some research.

I hope Pouncy and Decastro can keep Adams motivated and focused, if they can do that we will have one of the youngest most talented Olines in the league.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm excited, they are addressing all our needs with quality players. I'm actually a fan of Spence after spending last night doing some research.

I hope Pouncy and Decastro can keep Adams motivated and focused, if they can do that we will have one of the youngest most talented Olines in the league.

I think Spence is a "good player" but where are we going to put him? He's got the instincts, speed, etc...but he lacks the size, which might be the most important factor?

Agreed, our OL just got leaps and bounds better. McShay said he had Ta'amu graded as a 2nd round talent...he's a big guy with a decent motor. This should please all the people complaining about not getting Poe (which he wasn't go to fall to 1.24 anyway).

Damn good draft thus far for the Steelers.

hindes204
04-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I think Spence is a "good player" but where are we going to put him? He's got the instincts, speed, etc...but he lacks the size, which might be the most important factor?

Agreed, our OL just got leaps and bounds better. McShay said he had Ta'amu graded as a 2nd round talent...he's a big guy with a decent motor. This should please all the people complaining about not getting Poe (which he wasn't go to fall to 1.24 anyway).

Damn good draft thus far for the Steelers.

Damn good draft is an understatement. We pretty much landed Two first rounders and a second rounder in Decastro, Adams, and Ta'amu. Decastro being the biggest steal in the Draft IMO, he was arguably a top ten prospect that fell all the way to 24 right into our lap. You could tell that the FO was ecstatic too because it took them about 15 seconds to make the pick.

hindes204
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Chris Rainey...Aware me brahs

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Chris Rainey RB from Florida.

Hmmm?

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Rainey is a bit small but has fantastic speed. He was a RB/WR/Returner for Florida. certainly a complementary guy and will allow Brown to be a full time WR.

His 40 is 4.45 but will beat most guys in 10/20 yards and has great agility. Think Dexter McCluster but less polished, more speed.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Rainey is a bit small but has fantastic speed. He was a RB/WR/Returner for Florida. certainly a complementary guy and will allow Brown to be a full time WR.

His 40 is 4.45 but will beat most guys in 10/20 yards and has great agility. Think Dexter McCluster but less polished, more speed.

The PR/KR role was what I was thinking when they took Rainey over Polk. If they were looking at a true RB...it would have been Polk IMO. If they were looking for a playmaker, to get Brown off PR/KR, then it makes sense.

Wonder if McNutt or Streeter will be available in the 7th? Hell I think we got 3-4 7th Rounders...maybe we will move up.

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 12:25 PM
The PR/KR role was what I was thinking when they took Rainey over Polk. If they were looking at a true RB...it would have been Polk IMO. If they were looking for a playmaker, to get Brown off PR/KR, then it makes sense.

Wonder if McNutt or Streeter will be available in the 7th? Hell I think we got 3-4 7th Rounders...maybe we will move up.

cant. 3 of them are compensatory picks and cannot be traded.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
cant. 3 of them are compensatory picks and cannot be traded.

Always one step ahead!

Damn Cinnci is having a SOLID draft, IMO.

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 12:40 PM
interesting fact: Steelers 5th round pick Chris Rainey is the younger brother of Rod "He Hate Me" Smart

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
interesting fact: Steelers 5th round pick Chris Rainey is the younger brother of Rod "He Hate Me" Smart

http://www.simpalife.com/wp-content/uploads/Rod-Smart-He-Hate-Me.jpg

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Always one step ahead!

Damn Cinnci is having a SOLID draft, IMO.

Kirkpatrick might not be that good, and passing on Decastro for Zeitler will haunt them. even with those questions they got some really nice prospects. Love Still, Sanu, Thompson.

although keep in mind they had 5 picks in the Top 93 and all are really good. nothing insane like in the past. I wouldnt worry as the Brown family is full of morons. Mike Brown is a clown and his daughter is the Jay Paterno of NFL Executives. they just have a really good front office and staff in place, eventually those people will move on, talented employees wont work for morons very long.

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Targets, but I removed those who have been selected - as of Pick 198

RB: Chris Rainey, Florida
WR: T Clemons, Colorado. J Fuller, Texas A&M. M Smith, UCONN.
TE: D Paulson, Oregon. D Peterson, LSU. G Bryan, NC St. D Carrier, Beloit. C Harkey, UCLA
OL: K Beachum, SMU. M Zusevics, Iowa. N Potter, Boise St. A Datko, FSU. L Adcock, OK St. L Nix, Pitt.

DL: A Ta'amu, Washington. H Fangupo, BYU. N Jean-Baptists, Baylor. D Paige-Moss, UNC. R Van Bergen, Michigan
LB: C Johnson, UVA. J Harris, Alabama
CB: C Minnifield, UVA. M Pellerin, Hampton. J Jones, Wayne St.
S: A Henry, Wisconsin

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Damn McNutt to Philly, and a few picks later Streeter to Baltimore.

At this point...eh let's go DL or OL again. Camp bodies, maybe a little depth, no one I can see making much of a difference.

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Damn McNutt to Philly, and a few picks later Streeter to Baltimore.

At this point...eh let's go DL or OL again. Camp bodies, maybe a little depth, no one I can see making much of a difference.

not with all 4 picks. Id be really happy if they got 4 of Cam Johnson OLB, Minnifield, Henry, Van Bergen, Fangupo, or Clemons

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Patriots MAY have just gotten the steal of the draft w/ Alfonzo Dennard?

Huskers fan here...and although he got into trouble...I thought he was a pretty stout CB. If I recall right he was projected as a 1st-2nd round CB BEFORE the combine and his arrest. Just got him in the middle of the 7th...

ReppinDaBurghh
04-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Lol at how great this draft is going for the Steelers.

Notevenmad

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Let's go Burficit? Why the hell not in the 7th round...?

hindes204
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Clemons, WR, Colorado

I like it

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
not with all 4 picks. Id be really happy if they got 4 of Cam Johnson OLB, Minnifield, Henry, Van Bergen, Fangupo, or Clemons

Damn, nailed it.

hindes204
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Damn, nailed it.

I think he's a good fit with the steelers...another local kid

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Patriots MAY have just gotten the steal of the draft w/ Alfonzo Dennard?

Huskers fan here...and although he got into trouble...I thought he was a pretty stout CB. If I recall right he was projected as a 1st-2nd round CB BEFORE the combine and his arrest. Just got him in the middle of the 7th...

he was a 2nd/3rd but not many teams want to pick a guy that punched out a cop a few days before the draft.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I think he's a good fit with the steelers...another local kid

I'm still saying gamble on Burficit.

InB4 New England or Baltimore take him...

hindes204
04-28-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm still saying gamble on Burficit.

InB4 New England or Baltimore take him...

Hell. No.

That guy is a cancer waiting to destroy a locker room. Sucks too, because he has the talent to be dominant

He's lazy, unmotivated, and blames everyone else for his shortfalls...no thanks

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
he was a 2nd/3rd but not many teams want to pick a guy that punched out a cop a few days before the draft.

Still, he's a decent CB. Early in the year I seen mocks with him going to the Bengals with their first pick. After the Bowl game (punching Alshon Jeffery), then getting destroyed at the Senior Bowl, then his bad combine, he fell to the 2nd-3rd. His punching the cop thing obviously took him to the 7th.

Hell. No.

That guy is a cancer waiting to destroy a locker room. Sucks too, because he has the talent to be dominant

He's lazy, unmotivated, and blames everyone else for his shortfalls...no thanks

There's few organizations (Pittsburgh being one) that a troubled player typically turns it around.

Why not take the chance? Not like a guy we are drafting with these next 3 picks is going to have much of an impact...while Burficit has enormous upside at ILB. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out...and simply cut him.

EDIT: We won't do it, but I don't see the harm.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
David Paulson TE - Oregon

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 03:53 PM

RB: L Miller, Miami. R Turbin, Utah St.
WR: K Martin, Michigan St. G Childs, Arkansas. T Clemons, Colorado. M McNutt, Iowa. T Streeter, Miami. J Fuller, Texas A&M. M Smith, UCONN.
TE: L Green, LA-Lafayette. D Paulson, Oregon. A Robinson, Cincinnati. D Peterson, LSU. G Bryan, NC St. D Carrier, Beloit. C Harkey, UCLA
OL: B Massie, Ole Miss, K Beachum, SMU. Z Sanders, FSU. M Zusevics, Iowa. N Potter, Boise St. T Compton, S Dakota. A Datko, FSU. L Adcock, OK St. S Kelemete, Washington. L Nix, Pitt. J Troutman, PSU.

DL: A Ta'amu, Washington, J Chapman, Alabama. H Fangupo, BYU. N Jean-Baptists, Baylor. J Hughes, Cincinnati. D Paige-Moss, UNC. R Van Bergen, Michigan
LB: C Johnson, UVA, JM Johnson, Nevada. N Bradham, FSU. M Burris, San Diego St. J Harris, Alabama
CB: K Tandy, WVU. C Minnifield, UVA. M Pellerin, Hampton. J Jones, Wayne St.
S: T Robinson, Michigan St. A Henry, Wisconsin.
K: B Walsh, Georgia

revised. this is pretty much everyone the Steelers have shown interest in.

3 of the 4 picks were on my list!

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 03:55 PM
3 of the 4 picks were on my list!

2 more to go.

No hate...but did that "list" have visits with the Steelers?

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Terrence Frederick - CB Texas A&M
5'10" 187LBS

Kelvin Beachum - OG SMU
6'2" 302LBS

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 04:27 PM
2 more to go.

No hate...but did that "list" have visits with the Steelers?

I based it all of guys who were linked to the Steelers. not all those guys can take visits. I have to base it off something, correct?

jross2021
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I kind of wish the Steelers took more chances on guys. Would have been nice to have gotten a Vontaze or a Dennard later on. I know they know what they're doing though, so I ain't even mad.

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I kind of wish the Steelers took more chances on guys. Would have been nice to have gotten a Vontaze or a Dennard later on. I know they know what they're doing though, so I ain't even mad.

the hype on Burfict is way overblown. He was a big time HS recruit, had a fantastic freshman year, good soph year, and so-so junior year. as if his on field play wasnt enough to stay away, he is a bad teammate, zero discipline on or off the field, garbage attitude, on and on. nothing redeeming about him.

Dennard can play but anyone that punches a cop the week of the draft is a flat out moron. he just cost himself several millions dollars. what kind of decision making is that?

thegenerel
04-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I only know Connor a little bit but his dad and my dad have been friends for a long time, and Connor's uncle has worked for our company for about 20 years. Im really pumped the Steelers signed him

dWwj31rsXUg

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Surprise surprise!

The Cincinnati Bengals reached an agreement with undrafted Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict, a source told ESPN's John Clayton. Off-the-field issues affected his draft status.

During Burfict's pro day, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis had a long conversation with him and the two remained in contact. The Bengals didn't use any of their 10 draft picks on a linebacker this week, and they remain thin at that position.

Burfict would compete with Dan Skuta to be the top backup to middle linebacker Rey Maualuga. He recorded 228 tackles (22.5 for loss), seven sacks and four forced fumbles in three seasons at Arizona State.

FormulaLT1poweR
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Our list of Undrafted F/A

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04/steelers-2012-undrafted-free-agent-signing-tracker/

kethnaab
04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
briefly:

1. Chris Polk has a degenerative hip disorder. That's why he wasn't drafted

2. Alfonzo Dennard was drastically overrated. When Prince Amukamara was covering the other team's #1, Dennard looked ok. Once he was "the man", he got torn to shreds. Alshon Jeffrey made him look like a high schooler, and when you're a 5'10 205 CB, and you're slow, that's not a good combo. Punch a cop, and there you go. I wouldn't have touched him before round 4 even if he hadn't slugged the police officer

3. Vontaze Burfict pointed at Matt Barkley and took a bunch of personal fouls. Other than that, he hasn't done anything. it's easy to be a "hard hitter" after the whistle blew. He's dumb as a stump, nowhere near as athletic as people make him out to be. He belongs in cinci.

i'll be doing a draft grade thing, for what it's worth, once i get the motivation to do so. too damn tired now.

Backus21
04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Just saw the list of undrafted free agent signings for each team. I didnt know anyone outside of the WR Maze. I thought he would have been drafted considering every time I saw him play he was great. I think he will be a good 6th receiver to step in if a few of our receivers get injured. I loved the drafting by the way. Im ecstatic about getting Decastro and Adams to help our piss poor oline.

thegenerel
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
amazing in a draft where 3 of the 4 first round picks are "in the dirt" guys Im still really excited. OL in R1 and 2 isnt really thrilling but I think this line could be stacked for years.

In a year or two it could be:

Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Guard-Gilbert

Hood-Ta'amu-Heyward/Keisel

then this time next year there is a really good chance its a lot of fun picks, taking DB/RB/WR/LB high in the draft.

thegenerel
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Our list of Undrafted F/A

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04/steelers-2012-undrafted-free-agent-signing-tracker/

Just saw the list of undrafted free agent signings for each team. I didnt know anyone outside of the WR Maze. I thought he would have been drafted considering every time I saw him play he was great. I think he will be a good 6th receiver to step in if a few of our receivers get injured. I loved the drafting by the way. Im ecstatic about getting Decastro and Adams to help our piss poor oline.

Desmond Stapleton G Rutgers is the younger brother of Darnell Stapleton who played guard for the Steelers during the SB43 season.

they got the "trick shot quarterback"

SxDJb03a0yo

jross2021
04-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm really excited to see how Labeau uses Spence.

also, heres a full clip of the steelers picks..

CwITZOPYW6s

FormulaLT1poweR
04-29-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm really excited to see how Labeau uses Spence.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert confirmed that third-round pick Sean Spence will be an inside linebacker in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense.
Spencer is 5-foot-11, 231, but the Steelers don't worry much about size at inside 'backer. "We are going to teach him the inside linebacker position, both positions, and see where that leads us," said Colbert. "You watch his tape, the guy's read-and-react is exceptional. That helps him compensate for some of the deficiencies he has in size and length. He is aggressive and he’s tough."

I figured that was the case, but I still think James Michael Johnson would have been a better pick for ILB

fuarkimripped
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
All brahs in Pittsburgh Area in This Thread, someone create a huge thread where we Pittsburgh brahs can get yucky nd ****. Almost like this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140824821&page=30 I like the idea and we could use that blueprint.

kethnaab
05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
so it looks like the picture at starting offensive line is becoming clearer:

Colon has made the transition to LG

Adams - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert

I can deal with this.

thegenerel
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
so it looks like the picture at starting offensive line is becoming clearer:

Colon has made the transition to LG

Starks/Adams - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert

I can deal with this.

I read that Max might be back?

either way this unit could be really really impressive. I think Pouncey will get some "protection" now that DL cant roll him anymore with DeCastro and Colon/Foster beside him.

kethnaab
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I read that Max might be back?

either way this unit could be really really impressive. I think Pouncey will get some "protection" now that DL cant roll him anymore with DeCastro and Colon/Foster beside him.

Max? Haven't heard, but dude just annihilated his knee. I have 0 intentions of even pretending like we can count on him for anything.

I do think it's funny that, if he did, our starting offensive line at many points last year and the year previous will all be backups this year

Max - Essex - Legursky - Foster - Jon Scott

jross2021
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
eww no, bring back Kemoateau

kethnaab
05-16-2012, 04:57 PM
eww no, bring back Kemoateau

you shut your whore mouth.

thegenerel
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Max? Haven't heard, but dude just annihilated his knee. I have 0 intentions of even pretending like we can count on him for anything.

Im not saying that we can plug him in Week 1 and expect 16 starts but he would at least provide depth and Id prefer him over Jon Scott.

kethnaab
05-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Im not saying that we can plug him in Week 1 and expect 16 starts but he would at least provide depth and Id prefer him over Jon Scott.

if he's healthy, he's a LT-capable guy. Scott isn't LT-capable. I'm 100% for it

hindes204
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
If Adams pans out (and I think he will), this line could be one of the best in the league for quite a few years.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
If Adams pans out (and I think he will), this line could be one of the best in the league for quite a few years.

I'd love to agree with you, but we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves.

Adams @ LT - Like you stated, he has to pan out, but he's also got to PROTECT Ben's blind side...and stay out of trouble.
Colon @ LG - New position...we'd like to THINK it would be easier than T?
Pouncey @ C - Can the guy ever stay healthy? How many ankle sprains during key games (Super Bowl, AFCC)?
DeCastro @ RG - A "surefire" studly OG. Not to be a debbie downer, but he's played ZERO NFL snaps, and there have been draft busts.
Gilbert @ RT - Again injuries play a key part. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't great either. DE's have killed Ben the last 2 seasons...

However, if everything goes well...I'd agree with you. But our notorious horrible OL over the last decade doesn't have me too optimistic...

kethnaab
05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
yeah, it all seems too good to be true, basically.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-17-2012, 06:58 PM
yeah, it all seems too good to be true, basically.

Exactly...as BAD as we want a good OL, I can't remember the last one we've had. Sure we had some good OL players (Dawson, Faneca, etc)...but a true solid OL?

New scheme might help, and hell these 2 rookies might as well. We won't know until the season starts.

hindes204
05-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Exactly...as BAD as we want a good OL, I can't remember the last one we've had. Sure we had some good OL players (Dawson, Faneca, etc)...but a true solid OL?

New scheme might help, and hell these 2 rookies might as well. We won't know until the season starts.

I'm no "everything is great now" kind of guy, just saying that I'm optimistic about the future. I think colon will shine at G because of his pulling skills and ability to play in space, I've been advocating moving him to guard forever (like a lot of wannabe coaches, lol). Adams is the biggest question mark, De Castro is the most compatible to the NFL. Even if only one of these two picks work out, our line will be very much improved...that was my point.

thegenerel
05-17-2012, 07:59 PM

like 5 years ago during during the 5th SB year. Smith-Faneca-Hartings-Simmons-Starks

kethnaab
05-17-2012, 08:02 PM
like 5 years ago during during the 5th SB year. Smith-Faneca-Hartings on the left side

yep.

of course, we had KenDoll on the right side, along with the Max!

hindes204
05-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Great read on new offensive scheme possibilities:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/05/elements-of-todd-haley-rosseta-stone-offense-coming-into-better-focus/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook

GodMadeDirt
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Guys, I just read this and am having a hard time not drinking this kool-aid. Great site I'm sure you guys are aware of already too.

"The fun part is that there is a belief building within Steeler Nation that something special is going on, very much like the feeling in the early 70s when folks knew that something was building but they couldn't put a finger on it since it hadn't reached concrete fruition yet. What's fun about it is that we're likely to be the only ones who are clued into what's unfolding in plain sight. And even then many of us in Steeler Nation are somewhat misguided as to what is actually going on."

"........like many others will not know what is about to happen until after it does. Many with big reputations are gone and it will take some time before (Surprise) they recognize the Phoenix that has arisen from the ashes."

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/6/4/3061926/the-early-case-for-the-steelers-success-in-2012

Enjoy

hindes204
07-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Scott is out, Starks is in. I'm guessing will add depth and help develop Adams. I'm excited about the line this year.

thegenerel
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Scott is out, Starks is in. I'm guessing will add depth and help develop Adams. I'm excited about the line this year.

I came to post this!

keth is probably firing off a few rounds in celebration of Scott's departure.

hindes204
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Rumor has it that Wallace just agreed to a 5 year deal worth $42M....$20M guaranteed

hindes204
07-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Or not, lol. Damn twitter and it's false reports

mjf10
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Tomlin and Decastro signed, now just get Wallace locked up.

mjf10
07-27-2012, 07:07 PM
The Steelers just stuck one to Wallace by locking up Antonio Brown for 5 years, im not familiar enough with the Steelers cap situation to say what type of deal can get done with Wallace if any. Do you think he'll come to Latrobe and play the year out for 2.7?

FormulaLT1poweR
07-28-2012, 09:12 AM
The Steelers just stuck one to Wallace by locking up Antonio Brown for 5 years, im not familiar enough with the Steelers cap situation to say what type of deal can get done with Wallace if any. Do you think he'll come to Latrobe and play the year out for 2.7?

Reports now are saying we don't have the cap room to sign him, and he's as good as gone. They will try to trade him for a 2nd round pick (we will get a 3rd rounder if he walks via FA). I think the Steelers have made it more than clear to him...and he didn't want to listen. IMO we signed the better all around player and got a great price.

EctohBroh
07-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Reports now are saying we don't have the cap room to sign him, and he's as good as gone. They will try to trade him for a 2nd round pick (we will get a 3rd rounder if he walks via FA). I think the Steelers have made it more than clear to him...and he didn't want to listen. IMO we signed the better all around player and got a great price.
Sheesh, what a shame. I think it's pretty obvious Wallace doesn't deserve Fitzgerald type money though, so I guess it's the move that may need to be made... reallly hoping Sanders can stay healthy and have a big year, losing Wallace would really hurt the depth.

Big7Ben86
08-08-2012, 09:39 PM
It's crazy how the Pirates success translates into excitement for the NFL season. Usually Im drooling for football season to start, but baseball season has my full attention atm.

neverfeltthisbefore/10

thegenerel
08-09-2012, 06:34 AM
It's crazy how the Pirates success translates into excitement for the NFL season. Usually Im drooling for football season to start, but baseball season has my full attention atm.

neverfeltthisbefore/10

I am half sick of the NFL because of all the drama. pro ball is not nearly as entertaining as college football, and the players are just such egomaniacs. I have no interest in hearing about Mike Wallace pouting.

hindes204
08-09-2012, 09:33 AM

neverfeltthisbefore/10

I remember feeling that way back in the early 90s (damn I'm old). It's good to see the pirates doing well again

I am half sick of the NFL because of all the drama. pro ball is not nearly as entertaining as college football, and the players are just such egomaniacs. I have no interest in hearing about Mike Wallace pouting.

I'm sick and tired of Wallace, he is accomplishing nothing by sitting out.

hindes204
08-26-2012, 12:34 PM
So much for being optimistic about the Oline...Adams looks like sh!t and Decastro is now out for the season

thegenerel
08-26-2012, 12:41 PM
So much for being optimistic about the Oline...Adams looks like sh!t and Decastro is now out for the season

Adams has played in THREE preseason games. give him time. Decastro might be back. Adams seems to be on the right track and we knew that he would have some rough spots.

keep in mind...

2011: Scott-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
2012: Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro/Foster-Gilbert and Adams/Legursky on the bench

they added the 2 rookies, Starks, and Colon from the start of last year, the line w/o DeCastro is still far better than last year.

EctohBroh
08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Fingers crossed about the O-line. On a more optimistic note, Antonio Brown sure is looking like a stud thus far. Honestly, one of my biggest worries for this season is the aging defense... we'll see though.

thegenerel
08-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Fingers crossed about the O-line. On a more optimistic note, Antonio Brown sure is looking like a stud thus far. Honestly, one of my biggest worries for this season is the aging defense... we'll see though.

Hood, Heyward, Ta'amu, McLendon, Carter, Allen is not a bad youth movement. next year get ILB and a S prospect and hnnnnggghhh

WRXbrah
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
How do you guys think Redman will do this year? I grabbed him on both my draft teams because I feel like he could have a big year but tbh I have no idea how your O line looks like especially after the recent injury to Decastro. Hope I didnt goof!

thegenerel
08-27-2012, 03:54 PM
How do you guys think Redman will do this year? I grabbed him on both my draft teams because I feel like he could have a big year but tbh I have no idea how your O line looks like especially after the recent injury to Decastro. Hope I didnt goof!

I think he will be a solid RB2 for the first few weeks but Mendenhall will return sooner than expected.

WRXbrah
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
I think he will be a solid RB2 for the first few weeks but Mendenhall will return sooner than expected.

Guess I need to pick up another backup RB or even Mendenhall. Didnt think he would get too many carries this year coming back from a big injury.

ADozenFuries
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Whose ready for Sunday?! Time to shut down the Broncos

EctohBroh
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Whose ready for Sunday?! Time to shut down the Broncos
Not much of a "shut down" performance, unfortunately... pretty discouraging start to the season. Not as discouraging as last year's start, but still, the D got picked apart pretty good, and Ben was a bit shaky. Hopefully they'll bounce back next week at home... surely Mark Sanchez can't do what Peyton did... right...?

ElMariachi
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Not much of a "shut down" performance, unfortunately... pretty discouraging start to the season. Not as discouraging as last year's start, but still, the D got picked apart pretty good, and Ben was a bit shaky. Hopefully they'll bounce back next week at home... surely Mark Sanchez can't do what Peyton did... right...?

Dat dere Stephen Hill..........Dude looks like he's going to be a heck of a receiver for the Jets.

wheynweed
09-09-2012, 09:10 PM
What a miserable team.

Big7Ben86
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Dat dere Stephen Hill..........Dude looks like he's going to be a heck of a receiver for the Jets.

just realized i have stephen hill on my bench, had no idea i even drafted him.

phuckyes.jpg

and tonight, eh. at least we get harrison, clark, and mendenhall back in the near future.

EctohBroh
09-09-2012, 09:19 PM
He's no Demaryius "I don't always score on 70+ yd catch and run passes... but when I do, it's against the Steelers" Thomas

Also, not shocked by the Steelers hate on this board lol got my first neg tonight just by posting my thoughts in the game thread

mjf10
09-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Steelers got pumped a lot harder in last years season opener than tonights... And they still won 12 games. The defense prides themselves on not giving up big plays but gave up two huge plays to DT, Ziggy Hood looked like he was getting swallowed up as the Broncos line played good as a whole. Dwyer was a bright spot, kid looks better than he did in OTAs haha. Also the play calling with Haley obviously hasn't started to flow yet... I wasn't a fan of all the draw plays, seems we need more I-formation.

thegenerel
09-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Im not sweating that game, the Steelers were without Harrison, Clark, and 2 starting OL.

kethnaab
09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
going to do an all-22 of our OL and DL, possibly tonight if it's up.

Lawrence Timmons is a fat, overpaid sack of $hit, BTW.

hindes204
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Im not sweating that game, the Steelers were without Harrison, Clark, and 2 starting OL.

...and Mendenhall. It was obvious that Redman is not starter material. Dwyer ran hard though, I like him

kethnaab
09-13-2012, 10:16 PM
All-22 Analysis, Week 1, Ziggy Hood vs. Denver

To say that I've been critical of this pick would be an understatement. Always liked the player. Never liked the fit in our scheme, it's a waste of an explosive guys' talents to force him into a read/react "standup titfight" style

So I watched him exclusively for the entire game with the All-22 Coaches' film. A few brief points

1. When he's allowed to attack, he is impressive
2. He absorbed quite a few double teams (at least 18 of 44 plays, including penalties and 2-pt conversion attempts)
3. Bore strong responsibility for Foote's sack of Manning, as he abused Walton and Beadles, and drove them straight into backfield
4. Played as a 1-gap attacking NT on multiple occasions and had good success, including the Foote sack
5. Had 6 negative plays, 4 plays I graded @ -0.5, 2 plays @ -1.0

negative plays:
--1st QTR, 14:23, attacked around edge, pushed past QB by Franklin (-0.5)
--1st QTR, 8:16, caught in pile when Ramirez held him up and Walton chopped him, McGahee ran around right end (-0.5)

++2nd QTR, 6:57, nickel D, Ziggy penetrated from 3T but was caught in trap block by Beadles (-0.5)

##4th QTR, 8:18, zone stretch to right, taken out of play (-1.0)
##4th QTR, 7:01, down blocked by Franklin while engaged with Ramirez, RB cutback through his gap (-1.0)
##4th QTR, 5:50, took on Ramirez 1v1, generated no pressure (-0.5)

Positive plays: (16, 9@ +0.5, 6@+1.0, 1@+2.0)
--1st QTR, 13:09, lined up at 3, drove RG back and got hand up to force pass pressure (+0.5)
--1st QTR, 12:20, read/react, stood up RT and drove him into A gap, clogged lane. Play where Troy run-blitzed from left side, got chopped, hopped up and made play. Ziggy would've had tackle except Troy grabbed Moreno and pulled him backward (+1.0)
--1st QTR, 11:30, lined up hat on hat vs. Ramirez (RG), stunted at Walton (C) and Beadles (RG), drove both of them straight back into Peypey's lap, kept Manning from stepping up, Foote got sack. Purely dominating on this play (+2.0)
--1st QTR, 7:21, lined up at 3T, held up at line by down block by Franklin, ragdolled Franklin and pursued play (Woodley fumble recovery) (+0.5)
--1st QTR, 2:58, ball on Donkey 2 yard line, read/react, walked Franklin into the middle, stuffed pile (+0.5)
--1st QTR, 2:17, read/react, extended Franklin, fought him off, ragdolled him, made tackle after 2 yard gain (+1.0)
--1st QTR, 1:32, lined up at 3, put Ramirez on skates and drove him 6 yards back into the end zone, Walton had to help double team (+1.0)

++2nd QTR, 8:53, beat RG with inside swim, took on double team from Walton and Ramirez, got hands up in passing lane, ball out in <2.5s (+0.5)
++2nd QTR, 5:48, quick hitter up middle, Ziggy fought off Franklin and helped trip McGahee up (+0.5)
++2nd QTR, 5:22, blew past Ramirez into backfield, forced Moreno left, Moreno scored when Timmons alligator arm'd him (+0.5)

##4th QTR, 12:42, 2-point stance, fought off Ramirez, pursued down line to where Keisel should've been, made tackle after 2-yard gain (+1.0)
##4th QTR, 10:45, swam inside, chipped by RB, pressured Manning in his face (+0.5)
##4th QTR, 7:52, lined up as only DL (1T NT), stuffed Walton + Beadles and clogged entire running lane, very Casey-like (+1.0)
##4th QTR, 6:27, absorbed and stood up double team by Walton and Ramirez, forced run play to bounce to other side (+1.0)
##4th QTR, 3:12, nickel, absorbed double team, Woodley on delayed blitz despite being 1v1 with TE (terrible time for a delayed blitz, should've rushed immediately) (+0.5)
##4th QTR, 3:07, stunted and took on double team (Beadles + Walton), again no one else did...anything (+0.5)

for chrissakes' Dick. Take the damn reigns off this dude and let him attack!

More to follow. Hoping to do a few more of these

Ziggy is a lot better at extending, titfighting, and then getting off the blocks when he's forced into a read/react. When he lined up at the nose (shaded to a shoulder) or the 1T and was allowed to penetrate, he caused havoc every single time and broke into the backfield. Unfortunately, Keisel wasn't generating jack squat, Woodley was stuck dropping into coverage half the night, and Timmons was just horrid.

Also, Al Woods looked like a$$ in Ziggy's place, and McClendon didn't look much better. Casey got driven around on a few occasions, but really stood his ground on a few others. Keisel was...quiet.

kethnaab
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM
All-22 Analysis, Week 1, Willie Colon vs. Denver

So here we are with the Colon.

Inconsistency is probably the best word to describe his play. On some plays he looked great.
On some occasions, he showed outstanding awareness and others he just got so hosed. Dude is terrible in space and generates very little pop pulling into the strongside a-gap. Spends WAAAAYYY too much time on the ground

anyway, yeah, here we go. overall grade, -4.5. 4 penalties (2 blatant holding penalties uncalled), 1 sack allowed, 4 pressures allowed, 1 positive run blocking play.

20 negative plays:
9 @ -0.5:

--1st QTR, 10:49, pulls right, runs right past Von Miller, turns and gets away with a blatant hold
--1st QTR, 6:36, tries to cut block Vickerson, misses as Vickerson steps over him and pursues play
--1st QTR, 5:49, left uncovered, Ben in SG, fails to pick up blitz through his gap PRESSURE ALLOWED
--1st QTR, 5:06, Vickerson beats Colon playside across his face, nearly makes tackle all the way across the field

++2nd QTR, 2:02, gets out in front of draw, dives at Woodyard's feet and misses (side note-Woodyard OWNED Colon this game)

##3rd QTR, 14:56, pulled between RG/RT, laid good hit on Wesley Woodyard (+0.5), but fell flat on his face and tripped Dwyer as Dwyer was about to hit the hole (-1.0). Net -0.5
##3rd QTR, quick RB screen to Rainey, Vickerson fought off block from Colon and made TFL

**4th QTR, 9:23, dove at Unrein's feet and missed
**4th QTR, 8:42, left uncovered, tried to help Pouncey and Legs on a triple team (??), ended up blocking no one as Max got beat by an inside move by Dumervil who nearly got to Ben while Colon had his back to him

10 @-1.0:

--1st QTR, 3:35, Unrein beat Colon inside, Colon lunged at Unrein and knocked him into Pouncey, knocked Pouncey over, Wolfe immediately stunted into Colon's completely vacated gap and sacked Ben for a 9-yard loss. SACK ALLOWED

++2nd QTR, 15:00, Unrein ragdolls Colon immediately off the snap and disrupts play
++2nd QTR, 13:00, Justin Bannan ragdolls Colon and makes tackle after 2-yard gain
++2nd QTR, 10:18, allows serious pressure right up gut, Ben forced to throw early, Colon's guy nearly deflects pass, PRESSURE ALLOWED
++2nd QTR, 5:11, pulls right, gets no push on Woodyard, ends up falling flat on face, and Woodyard (Colon's guy) makes tackle after 2 yards
++2nd QTR, 1:44, lunges at Woodyard, ends up faceplanting himself when Woodyard sheds block, Woodyard makes the tackle after 2 yards (Again)

##3rd QTR, 14:13, false start
##3rd QTR, 9:33, false start
##3rd QTR, 5:24, pass pro shifted right, Bannan drove Colon back into Ben's face, Bannan got hand up and nearly batted Ben's pass, PRESSURE ALLOWED
##3rd QTR, 5:17, Colon attempted to double Vikcerson w/Max, Dumervil stunted into Colon's abandoned gap and Colon tackled him (literally tackled him - Colon could teach Timmons a thing or 2)

and 1 horrible play (-1.5)
##3rd QTR, 15:00, tried to help Pouncey double Unrein immediately off the snap, yet Joe Mays and Elvis Dumervil were shooting his gap immediately off the whistle. Nearly got Ben killed.

now the positives:
1@+1.5:
##3rd QTR, 8:31, did great job picking up Mays' inside blitz, passed him to Pouncey, then picked up Bannan stunting around

6@+1.0:
--1st QTR, 10:05, down block and drove Unrien to hashmarks opposite playside
--1st QTR, 9:38, pass pro vs. Unrien, copmletely shut him down
--1st QTR, 4:19, drove Dumervil completely away from the play, very nicely done

++2nd QTR, 14:20, doubled RDE with Max, passed him off and got to 2nd level to make effective block on LB
++2nd QTR, 4:37, stoned initial bull rush, passed off to Pouncey, picked up stunt, very good play
++2nd QTR, 0:32, completely stoned Vickerson in pass pro

8@+0.5:
1st QTR, 9:38, got downfield and blocked Von Miller away from play
2nd QTR, good down block on Bannan as Bannan is moving left
2nd QTR, good job in pass pro vs. Unrien
3rd QTR, down block for Ben's sneak
3rd QTR, 8:08, Colon resisted urge to follow Bannan's move toward Pouncey, picked up delayed LB blitz from Woodyard
3rd QTR, 7:34, good pass pro vs. Bannan
3rd QTR, 6:52, pulled between RG/RT, got stood up completely by Mays, but Colon held his block for good gain through his gap
4th QTR, 1:58, good job picking up stunt

anyway, here's some screen caps

http://i.imgur.com/44u8j.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xDI5D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yEpaM.jpg

hindes204
09-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Great analysis keth

You have entirely too much free time on your hands, lol

thegenerel
09-18-2012, 06:28 AM
this defense is looking ollllllllllllllllllld

we have been spoiled to have half the defense be Pro Bowl caliber players. the lack of pass rush is concerning.

@keth - if you could fill one hole in R1 of the 2013 draft, what would it be?

kethnaab
09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Great analysis keth

You have entirely too much free time on your hands, lol

no, i just don't sleep. :p

this defense is looking ollllllllllllllllllld

we have been spoiled to have half the defense be Pro Bowl caliber players. the lack of pass rush is concerning.

LeBeau's neutering of our defensive linemen and forcing Woodely into coverage 50% of the time is what is concerning. Our pass rush would be fine if LeBeau would stop playing scared

@keth - if you could fill one hole in R1 of the 2013 draft, what would it be?

viagra for Dick, so he won't play our defense so soft all the time.

ok, seriously, we need a ROLB. If you have 2 ROLBs, you have 0.

We desperately need a weakside pass rusher opposite Woodley. We also need an ILB who is a younger, athletic version of Larry Foote, so our ILB corps will have at least 1 guy with a set of balls under the age of 30 (although I like Brandon johnson to be honest)

i'll be all-22'ing again as soon as it is up

thegenerel
09-18-2012, 09:45 AM
no, i just don't sleep. :p

LeBeau's neutering of our defensive linemen and forcing Woodely into coverage 50% of the time is what is concerning. Our pass rush would be fine if LeBeau would stop playing scared

viagra for Dick, so he won't play our defense so soft all the time.

ok, seriously, we need a ROLB. If you have 2 ROLBs, you have 0.

We desperately need a weakside pass rusher opposite Woodley. We also need an ILB who is a younger, athletic version of Larry Foote, so our ILB corps will have at least 1 guy with a set of balls under the age of 30 (although I like Brandon johnson to be honest)

i'll be all-22'ing again as soon as it is up

anyone in particular you like in the 2013 draft class? I know Teo and McDonald are slated as late 1st guys

and I think this team sorely needs Harrison back. sadly this might be his last year in Pittsburgh and with his health he will probably disappear faster than Joey Porter.

thegenerel
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM
can we go back to 2010 and draft Sean Lee instead of Worilds?

I cant even blame the DBs, this defense is built upon QB pressure and they filled the roster with aim of doing so. there is one playmaker (Woodley) and half the time he is in coverage.

FreshStart12
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
The Steel Curtain is more like the Steel Tissue.

It's getting hard to watch. Something is clearly more wrong with Harrison then they are saying.

Our secondary is mediocre at best and everyone praises them. Our O-Line is fukking hilarious.

I HATE WILLY COLON.

kethnaab
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
anyone in particular you like in the 2013 draft class? I know Teo and McDonald are slated as late 1st guys

and I think this team sorely needs Harrison back. sadly this might be his last year in Pittsburgh and with his health he will probably disappear faster than Joey Porter.

Teo yes, not so sure about McDonald. We need a pass rusher.

More than anything we need to get rid of LeBeau, because 2 of our most talented players are on the defensive line and they're being wasted.

can we go back to 2010 and draft Sean Lee instead of Worilds?

I cant even blame the DBs, this defense is built upon QB pressure and they filled the roster with aim of doing so. there is one playmaker (Woodley) and half the time he is in coverage.

yep.

thegenerel
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Teo yes, not so sure about McDonald. We need a pass rusher.

More than anything we need to get rid of LeBeau, because 2 of our most talented players are on the defensive line and they're being wasted.

yep.

Cam Heyward has SEVEN snaps yesterday. SEVEN

kethnaab
09-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Cam Heyward has SEVEN snaps yesterday. SEVEN

that's because LeBeau loves his veterans. Doesn't matter that Keisel sucks ass this year

thegenerel
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
loooooool

Baron Batch ********@baron_batch
Why do people tweet me about fantasy football? Let me explain this. I don't care about your fantasy football team. Not one dadgum bit.

Mr. Ross ********@JJRoss20
@baron_batch Dude, I drafted you and now you're just telling me that you don't care about my team? Whatever.

thegenerel
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
that's because LeBeau loves his veterans. Doesn't matter that everyone sucks ass this year

fixed.

Backus21
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
loooooool

Why do people tweet me about fantasy football? Let me explain this. I don't care about your fantasy football team. Not one dadgum bit.

@baron_batch Dude, I drafted you and now you're just telling me that you don't care about my team? Whatever.

He mad lmao

kethnaab
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
My all-22 notes from yesterday (finished 1st quarter, started on 2nd quarter)

10:44 -

1. LOLB - Woodley - contained outside zone stretch
2. LDE - Ziggy - contained outside zone stretch
3. LILB - Foote - read zone stretch, pursued, filled outside gap
4. NT - Snack - punked 1v1 by Wisniewski, put on skates and ran completely out of play, cutback lane created by his vacated gap (-2.0)
5. RILB - Timmons - cutback was right down his alley, misread zone stretch and attempted to pursue from backside, got caught behind Keisel, completely out of position (-1.0)
6. RDE - Keisel - owned 1v1 by Cooper Carlisle (-1.0)
7. ROLB - Carter - stuck behind Veldheer and Timmons' corpse

see the below pictures

PICTURE 1:
http://s15.postimage.org/9mraj647v/DMac_64_yard_1.jpg

picture 1 is just after the snap. Obvious zone stretch. Timmons has already, somehow, been fooled by some nonexistent misdirection. That's Timmons BEHIND Keisel. See that big fat gap there between #1 (Timmons/Keisel) and #2 (Casey Hampton)? that is supposed to be filled by the ILB.

#2 is Snack. He is going 1v1 vs. Stefan Wisniewski, and a 400-lb oaf on skates is an ugly thing indeed. Wisniewski absolutely owns him.

#3 is another enormous gap. Notice that 3 gap is wide open? Ziggy is about to take on Brisiel and Woodley has to contain. You NEVER EVER EVER allow fast RBs to get outside. You MUST fill that gap, especially since there is an offensive guard that is ready to open it further. Yet another reason why zone blocking is so tough for a 2-gap team. The gaps cannot really be controlled because the gaps are mobile due to the stretch that the zone forces

PICTURE 2:
http://s17.postimage.org/gdzdqe1u7/DMac_64_yard_2.jpg

Ok, so here's #2 picture, about 1 second later. Notice that Woodley and Foote are 1v1 on their guys and are standing them up fairly well. Foote has closed that gap down nicely, and Ziggy is doing exactly what he's supposed to do, get past the RG (Brisiel and help fill that gap.

Now, notice the trainwreck on the other side.

#2 is Casey Hampton, getting owned 1v1 vs. Wisniewski
#1 is Timmons, who is BEHIND KEISEL...please note, there is a LG and a LT there. Their normal responsibilities are to take out the RDE (Keisel) and the ROLB (Carter). That SHOULD leave a 3rd guy open on defense...the RILB....Timmons.
Note that 2 guys (LT, LG) are "blocking" 3 guys (RDE, ROLB, and RILB). Carter has backside contain, and kinda does what he's supposed to do.

ok, now the 3rd pic:

PICTURE 3:

http://s15.postimage.org/haisf7s9n/DMac_64_yard_3.jpg

Huge gap, McFadden busts through it. Of note:

1. Lawrence Timmons and Chris Carter are being blocked by Veldheer. Timmons should be meeting DMac at the 40. Instead, he went the long way around and is toast.

2. Casey Hampton is watching Darren McFadden run up his inside gap because Stefan Wisniewski owned him 1v1

3. Note how there is ZERO gap on the right side? The stretch was contained. Woodley, Ziggy, and Foote took on their 3 blockers and completely shut that gap.

1. Again, back to #1. Note how 2 guys (LG, LT) are blocking 3 guys (RDE, ROLB, and RILB)?

Not that I am worth anything more than anybody else, but this play rests on 3 huge issues

1. Snack got owned 1v1. He provides no pass rush. He's a space eater who is supposed to absorb 2 blockers. He got OWNED 1v1. He will continue to get owned 1v1 vs. a smart ZBS.
2. Timmons was inexplicably so far out of position. The gap that McFadden ran through was SUPPOSED to be filled by the RILB, aka Timmons.
3. Keisel getting sealed so effectively. That's Cooper Carlisle erasing Keisel. Cooper. Carlisle.

thegenerel
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
what the hell happened to Timmons?

this just shows how this base defense is shot w/o a good DL.

kethnaab
09-26-2012, 03:14 PM
what the hell happened to Timmons?

he is stupid, and he got paid.

Backus21
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
My all-22 notes from yesterday (finished 1st quarter, started on 2nd quarter)

Wow man, you need to be on that ESPN show with Jaws deciphering plays, even though Im selfish and dont want you leaving this forum lol (no homo)

jross2021
09-30-2012, 06:55 AM
loooooool

that dude is a ****ing idiot for drafting Batch.

Big7Ben86
10-07-2012, 07:55 PM
but who was #94?

hindes204
10-08-2012, 05:33 AM
So how many games do you think Polomalu has left in him? 10 years in, looks like his body is starting to give up on him.

mchoodie
10-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Gotta admit Timmons looked good yesterday. They still need an every down run stuffer beside him for next year though.

thegenerel
10-08-2012, 06:58 AM
So how many games do you think Polomalu has left in him? 10 years in, looks like his body is starting to give up on him.

want to know how they can afford to sign Wallace? #92 + #43

Harrison is almost certainly done. Troy is pretty close.

jalamb86
10-08-2012, 07:00 AM
In on dis, inb4 location

mchoodie
10-08-2012, 07:04 AM

Yeah I don't see how you could possibly bring Deebo back next year at the salary he is due.

thegenerel
10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah I don't see how you could possibly bring Deebo back next year at the salary he is due.

sad to see those guys getting old...at least there would be money for Wallace+Mendy

I kind of shook my head when people expected #34 to magically fix the run game, but the line isnt that bad, Redman/Dwyer are.

jross2021
10-08-2012, 07:24 AM

Fuk Wallace. Use his rep to acquire Demarius Thomas.

thegenerel
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Fuk Wallace. Use his rep to acquire Demarius Thomas.

lets get Earl Thomas and NaVorro Bowman too

thegenerel
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM
semi-homer, but Id love for the Steelers to take Gerald Hodges next spring. The guy is a stud, fast, plays the run well, good in coverage. He is always around the ball. In this new NFL he would look nice playing in the middle. We were on the David/Kendricks bandwagon in this last draft, so Im not too worried about a guy who is a tad small for the prototypical pounding MLB (he is about 6'2" 235). I see him being a R2 guy

mchoodie
10-08-2012, 09:38 AM
semi-homer, but Id love for the Steelers to take Gerald Hodges next spring. The guy is a stud, fast, plays the run well, good in coverage. He is always around the ball. In this new NFL he would look nice playing in the middle. We were on the David/Kendricks bandwagon in this last draft, so Im not too worried about a guy who is a tad small for the prototypical pounding MLB (he is about 6'2" 235). I see him being a R2 guy

I too was really on the Kendricks bandwagon. Wouldn't mind getting Hodges, he's a player. Solid tackler and he's got speed, in todays NFL you need quick linebackers.

kethnaab
10-11-2012, 12:06 PM
so Lawrence Timmons looked pretty darn good, eh? I agree. Best I've seen him look since 2010. For as much as I've criticized LeBeau for being a flaccid old man running a flaccid old defense, homeboy took a double dose of Viagra and pounded a few Jagerbombs before this game. Best (and most aggressive) blitz packages I've seen since 2008. Also used a ton of nickel packages with Ziggy lined up as a 3, 1, or 0T inside, and Ziggy had from what I could tell, his best game as a professional football player.

Anyway, here's my play-by-play of 94.

Cliff's -
14 positively graded plays, including 7 QB pressures, a strip sack, and 3 tackles for loss. 2 were "horree sheet!!!" plays, 2 more were "damn, beastmode" plays
6 negative graded plays, including 7 overpursuits/missed tackles. No "WTF???" plays, which is good.

Total score +7.0

the disparity is a result of 2 plays where I gave him both a +0.5 for generating a pressure but a -0.5 for missing a wide open run at Vick

QTR 1, Drive 1:

14:56, 1st and 10, Eagles 16 - overpursued Shady on run off left guard, Shady cut back into his lane (-0.5)

14:29 and 13:51, passes away from Timmons, no impact

13:42, 2nd and 10, Eagles 28 - had backside pursuit, Herremens cut him off

13:02 (Eagles false start)

12:44, 3rd and 10, Eagles 28 - rushed from wide LOLB, Herremens ran him wide/behind

12:19, 1st and 10, Eagles 40 - dropped into shallow coverage, swing pass to Shady in left flats, Timmons did helluva job getting to Shady to prevent 1st down (+0.5)

11:42, 2nd and 1, Eagles 49 - run pursuit, got caught in pile, play went outside him to left

11:20, 1st and 10, Steelers 43, Timmons filled interior run lane, forced Shady to bounce outside

10:41, 2nd and 10, Steelers 43, Timmons moved outside of Woodley, stunted inside as Woodley drew Herremens wide and Ziggy drew RG Watkins and C Reynolds inside. Wide open run lane, Gildong would've been proud, but he missed. Gave him +0.5 for really exploding into the hole and disrupting the play, but had to subtract -0.5 for missing a damn free run.

9:59, 3rd and 10, Steelers 43, fire-X pressure, Shady had a nice chip but Timmons still forced an early throw (+0.5)

++++++
QTR 1, Drive 2:

7:47, 1st and 10, Eagles 39, straight up beastmode, steamrolled Shady on blitz, flushed Vick to Vick's right, chased him down and forced early throw, gave 0.5 for the pressure, 0.5 for the pursuit, and had to give him 0.5 for putting Shady on his ass (+1.5)

7:29, 2nd and 10, Eagles 39, pursued run around left tackle, Harrison and Beard got downblocked and prevented pursuit

7:06, 1st and 10, Eagles 49, had coverage on Havili coming out of backfield, got punked on a 'block' by havili, recovered Vick's "fumble" that got called back

6:52, 2nd and 1, Steelers 42, Shady around left end, Timmons read the play immediately, beat the blocks to the edge, then beat Shady to the edge and forced TFL. +1.0 and 0.5 for the TFL (+1.5)

6:22, 3rd and 3, Steelers 44, DPI on Ike, nothing relevant

6:16, 1st and 10, Steelers 13, inside blitz, C Dallas Reynolds (66) Took him out of play

5:42, 1st and 3, Steelers 3, outside run blitz from LOLB, run was inside, quick push from Celek kept him out of play

QTR 1, Drive 3

1:05, 1st and 10 Eagles 25, looks like Timmons got cut during pursuit

0:30, 2nd and 4, false start

0:10, 2nd and 9, Eagles 26, lined up outside ROLB, Harrison drew Bell wide, Timmons spun inside Evan Mathis and forced Vick fumble, great scheme, solid play (+1.0)

QTR 2, Drive 1

14:37, 1st and 10, Eagles 34, pass away from him, coverage on Shady

14:20, 2nd and 1, Eagles 43, blocked by Clay Harbor (82) out of play way too easily (-0.5)

13:36, 1st and 10, Eagles 47, deep pass, in short coverage, no real impact

13:28, 2nd and 10, Eagles 47, flashback to Timmons vs. Titties 2010, Timmons blowing through gap and making TFL, great play, almost forced fumble, got TFL (+1.0)

12:45, 3rd and 12, Eagles 45, missed Gildong sack when Ziggy lined up over C and drew Reynolds wide, opening huge gap for Timmons to attack in. +0.5 for the pressure and exploding in on the blitz, again, -0.5 for missing ANOTHER damn gildong

QTR 2, Drive 2
5:01, 1st and 10, Eagles 20, Foote blitzed and left wide open gap for Timmons who overpursued and missed a 3-yard TFL on Shady (-0.5)

4:27, 2nd and 6, Eagles 24, inside blitz, blocked by Dallas Reynolds (66) Center

3:53, 1st and 10, Eagles 47, coverage on shady, Worilds broke up play, no impact

3:17, 2nd and 12, Eagles 45, Foote blitzed, drew Reynolds, Snack drew Mathis wide, gaping hole, Timmons did good job beating block by Bryce Brown and pressuring Vick (+0.5)

3:09, 3rd and 12, Eagles 45, great blitz package, overloaded weak side, from left to right Clar, Worilds (Wide), Heyward on outside shoulder of RG (2-pt), Timmons in A gap inside RG, Foote and Keisel 2-points on either side of Mathis, Timmons drew double team of Reynolds and Watkins, helped give Worilds unblocked sack (+0.5)

QTR 3, Drive 1

10:22, 1st and 10, Eagles 20, coverage in shallow zone, laid hit on Celek before Ryan Clark got bull**** penalty

10:03, 1st and 10, Eagles 40, misdirection Vick rolled to his left, Timmons took very good angle and forced Vick out of bounds (+0.5)

9:37, 2nd and 5, Eagles 45, filled gap, pursued through hole but Watkins looked lke he got away with a hold

8:56, 3rd and 2, Eagles 48, run to other side, no impact
8:16, 1st and 10, Steelers 49, faked blitz, dropped into coverage, McClendon forced fumble

7:40, 2nd and 12, Eagles 49, had coverage on Celek, no impact

7:12, 1st and 10, Steelers 25, some pressure on a-gap blitz vs. Watkins, got hand up to try to bat pass

6:40, 1st and 10, Steelers 15, inside blitz vs. Watkins, no pressure, ball out quickly

QTR 3, Drive 2

5:21, 1st and 10, Eagles 13, overpursuit on quick swing pass out to Shady in left flats, 3 Steelers between him and sideline, (-0.5)

4:41, 4:36, incomplete passes to DJax, no real impact

QTR 4, Drive 1

14:41, 1st and 10, Eagles 21, blitzed A gap, run went outside RT

14:13, 13:34, no real impact, pair of 2-yard passes

13:11, 4th and 1, Eagles 30, filled gap but missed McCoy in backfield (-0.5)

12:30, 1st and 10, Eagles 32, short zone vs. Avant, no chance, made tackle

11:57, 1st and 10, Eagles 44, good backside pursuit, looks like Mathis got away with a hold, Timmons still made tackle after 2 yards (0.5)

11:28, 2nd and 8, Eagles 46, blitzed, quick pass, no pressure

10:45, 3rd and 4, 50 yard line, Ziggy lined up over C, Timmons was to his right in a gap, got caught in pile, Ziggy pursued and made tackle

10:02, 4th and 1, Steelers 47, big pile up of bodies

9:23, 1st and 10, Steelers 45, Ziggy lined up over Watkins RG and drew double team with Herremens, opened nice gap for Timmons, laid hit on Vick (+0.5)

8:50, 2nd and 5, Steelers 40, interior run blitz, downblocked out of play by Celek

8:11, 1st and 10, Steelers 34, Looks like Timmons' coverage on Shady in right flats caused Vick to throw ball away due to pressure (+0.5)

8:05, 2nd and 10, Steelers 34, lined up at LOLB, Woods and Worilds in 2-point next to him, Worilds dropped into coverage, Woods drew Herremens, blocked by Shady but generated some pressure

8:00, 3rd and 10, Steelers 34, inside blitz, picked up by C after he passed Foote to Watkins

7:26, 1st and 10, Steelers 10, solid job getting around bodies to cover Shady in flats, even if Shady catches it, he gets nowhere (0.5)

7:21, 2nd and 10, Steelers 10, gotta pass some blame to Timmons on this one for missing tackle on Harbor on little TE screen (-0.5)

6:38, 3rd and 2, Steelers 2, pressured Vick from ROLB position (0.5)

Ecnewyx
10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
What happened to your weekly column using All-22, Bro?

In for analysis and increasing football knowledge.

Srs Thread
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't know what to think about this year's team. I can totally see us breaking off a 6-1(ish) stretch or bombing against crappy teams like the titans (see Raiders, Oakland)

kethnaab
10-11-2012, 02:06 PM
What happened to your weekly column using All-22, Bro?

In for analysis and increasing football knowledge.

to do a quickie, it takes no time at all.

to do a full-blown one, like I did with Timmons above, takes a good 5-6 hours to do it right.

I have 3 more classes to go to get my Bachelor's before I retire from the Army. As a result, that allows me enough time to finish off a single guy each week, and that guy will always be a Steelers player, so I keep it in this thread

I don't know what to think about this year's team. I can totally see us breaking off a 6-1(ish) stretch or bombing against crappy teams like the titans (see Raiders, Oakland)

yeah. same. Not sure if we'll see more aggressive defense like we saw vs. the Eagles or vs. the NYJ after that 2nd drive, or if we'l see more soft, pussyfoot, risk-averse defense, like we saw against Denver, first 3 drives vs. NYJ, and Oakland.

that's going to determine things more than anything else.

Srs Thread
10-11-2012, 03:42 PM
One thing i don't get from Lebeau is that when he is aggressive, our pass defense is down right dominant... yet he consistently at the end of halves backs off and lets them throw easy, short routes until we get beat.

Play agressive and all will prevail.

kethnaab
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
One thing i don't get from Lebeau is that when he is aggressive, our pass defense is down right dominant... yet he consistently at the end of halves backs off and lets them throw easy, short routes until we get beat.

Play agressive and all will prevail.

His tendency toward being risk averse drives me nuts

Ecnewyx
10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
to do a quickie, it takes no time at all.

to do a full-blown one, like I did with Timmons above, takes a good 5-6 hours to do it right.

I have 3 more classes to go to get my Bachelor's before I retire from the Army. As a result, that allows me enough time to finish off a single guy each week, and that guy will always be a Steelers player, so I keep it in this thread

I see, I see.

Perhaps I could sweeten the pot here with 10 rep points?

kethnaab
10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I see, I see.

Perhaps I could sweeten the pot here with 10 rep points?

hahaa....thanks for the offer. I can only do what I can do.

HumptyBrah
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
lets get Earl Thomas and NaVorro Bowman too
I think not

hindes204
10-12-2012, 03:35 AM
This is going to be a long, long, long season...

jross2021
10-12-2012, 05:16 AM
This is going to be a long, long, long season...

It's hard to even get excited for a game when half the team is injured :(. What is Pittsburgh putting in their water?

thegenerel
10-12-2012, 06:31 AM
I think not

u mad I was a Bowman fan when he was still in HS?

thegenerel
10-12-2012, 06:36 AM
and on the bright side, we should be in line to get some stud defensive player in the draft. not to use this as an excuse, but picking late in each round every year makes it tough to maintain high talent levels

also with the rise of the 34, there are more teams chasing guys who would fall to the Steelers in the past.

mchoodie
10-12-2012, 07:27 AM
We need a changing of the guard on D for sure. Hampton is done. Harrison is close. Troy can't stay on the field, and Ike just looks old.

Can't believe I'm jealous of team defenses like the Cardinals and Seahawks. I love that Seahawks D, they use a four man front but with three big run stuffers that eat up blocks (Mebane, Bryant, Branch) and then use Clemons on the other end like a blitzing outside linebackers. Their MLB Wagner is young, athletic and covers sideline to sideline. Their corners are huge, and their safeties are playmakers.

If LeBeau calls it quits and we decide to use any hybrid next year that's what a 4-3 should look like.

thegenerel
10-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I just read that Troy might be out for the rest of the month+

2012: Year of the IR

mchoodie
10-12-2012, 07:41 AM
I just read that Troy might be out for the rest of the month+

2012: Year of the IR

Honestly with Troy's playing style, I've considered it a bonus if he has actually suited up for a game the last couple years.

Any word on Pouncey and Gilbert?

thegenerel
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Honestly with Troy's playing style, I've considered it a bonus if he has actually suited up for a game the last couple years.

I think both will be fine. Im not sure it matters, this team is not going to do much.

kethnaab
10-12-2012, 05:40 PM
and on the bright side, we should be in line to get some stud defensive player in the draft. not to use this as an excuse, but picking late in each round every year makes it tough to maintain high talent levels

also with the rise of the 34, there are more teams chasing guys who would fall to the Steelers in the past.

we have talent. We do a $hitty job of getting it on the field in the correct position to do damage.

Can't believe I'm jealous of team defenses like the Cardinals and Seahawks. I love that Seahawks D, they use a four man front but with three big run stuffers that eat up blocks (Mebane, Bryant, Branch) and then use Clemons on the other end like a blitzing outside linebackers. Their MLB Wagner is young, athletic and covers sideline to sideline. Their corners are huge, and their safeties are playmakers.

If LeBeau calls it quits and we decide to use any hybrid next year that's what a 4-3 should look like.

Carroll runs a hybrid 4-3 that is as close to a 3-4 as it is a 4-3
Arizona runs a 3-4

Pouncey has a sprained MCL.

Gilbert has a slightly bruised labia.

jross2021
10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I can't believe how much power Suisham has. Amazes me how he isn't setting records for longest kicks and ****.

In all seriousness, is he the weakest kicker ever in the NFL? They should sign Ochocinco to kick for them.

LRdP6HdtTd8

kethnaab
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
there have been several issues brought up recently. I'd like to address them.

re: "Injuries/mash units" - when Troy went out in 2009, our season was sunk. When Troy was gimpy in 2011, we generated no turnovers. When Harrison is suspended or not at 100%, we generated very little pass rush. Last year, Casey Hampton "had a bad season" and is "on his way out the door".

1. Casey is in his mid-30s. Harrison is in his mid-30s. Troy has had injury problems for several seasons. Where are there replacements? We've drafted over half a dozen OLB prospects since 2007. Yes, Woodley has been great, but for every Woodley, there have been half a dozen Bruce Davis types. Perhaps Worilds ends up being decent. He obviously looks better on the left side, but the All-22 has yet to show him beating a single block.

2. Every team has injuries. Every team. Last year vs. the Broncos, we were "in trouble" and had to stack 10 in the box because Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel were injured and we had issues stoppng the run. Wait a minute...there are 5 "interior" players on the front 7. LDE, RDE, NT, RILB, LILB. Out of those 5 positions, 4 of them were being filled by first rounders Ziggy Hood, Cam Heyward, Lawrence Timmons, and James Farrior. How is that not enough talent to make up for the "horrible injuries" we had then? Every other team deals with injuries. Why can't we?

3. Who have we drafted in the last 5 years to take over for Troy or Ryan Clark? For all the dismay about our "rash of injuries", what in heaven's name would happen if we lost our entire starting defensive secondary like the NYG did last year? We've already seen what happens when we lose Troy OR Ryan Clark. They're both on the wrong side of 30. Let's take a moment and picture our secondary with Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. Why are we in this situation?

4. No other defensive coordinator in the NFL has Troy Polamalu. How do other defensive coordinators manage, since LeBeau can't live without Troy?

5. Troy and Harrison both are easily the 2 best players on that defense. They are also both very well known for freelancing, especially Troy. Perhaps LeBeau now is far more dependent upon them and seriously doesn't know WTF to do with himself when they're out? Dating back to the beginning of 2011, we have generated the least amount of turnovers and by far the smallest # of interceptions dating back to 2009. Troy played 5 games in 2009 and STILL led the team in interceptions that season. In 2010, Troy had as many interceptions himself as the ENTIRE REST OF OUR SECONDARY. Troy had 7 interceptions. 6 other Steelers had 2 apiece. 3 of those players were LBs, 3 were in the secondary.

quick trivia question...how many Pittsburgh Steelers' players have had 4 or more interceptions in a season in the 2000's OTHER than Troy?

answer - 2. Chad Scott and dewayne Washington

When was the last time a Steelers defensive back...ANY Steelers defensive back other than Troy, managed the unthinkable...4 interceptions in a SINGLE SEASON?!?!?!

ANSWER - 2004. DeShea Townsend.

re: Harrison in coverage - Our defense is predicated on pressure creating turnovers. We don't draft secondary players with ball skills, other than Troy. We draft "solid tacklers" who will "tackle the catch" and "keep plays in front of them". We depend on a pass rush to generate turnovers and make defensive stops. So my questions:

1. Who on the team is allowed to rush the QB if Deebo isn't?
2. Why were we constantly dropping Woodley into coverage when Deebo was out, despite the fact that we were generating zero pressure?
3. How in the name of Chuck Noll does a 5'11, 250-lb OLB who runs about a 5.0 cover the 2nd fastest TE in the NFL (based on his 4.49 combine) who also happens to be over 6" taller than Harrison? Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Harrison is JUST COMING OFF KNEE SURGERY.
4. Credit Hasselbeck for seeing that? Same as we need to credit Manning and Carson Palmer for reading our defensive scheme so easily and picking it apart?
5. For all the bull$hit talk about how complex LeBeau's defense is, how it takes our defensive players half a decade before they know how to run the system, when are we going to hire some of these QBs to teach our defensive players the defense, because they damn sure seem to have figured it out?
6. Ziggy was benched for the first part of 2011 after he finished the last 7 games of 2010 on a pace to get something like 50 tackles and 12 sacks over a 16-game season. Heyward was benched after closing out the NYJ game with a sack to end any chance the Jets had of recovering and winning. Alameda Ta'amu got chewed out for getting a sack during training camp. So, my question is, when we drop our OLBs into coverage, who rushes the QB? Our defensive linemen aren't allowed to do that anymore.

We have constant issues with our CBs not being good in coverage, our defensive backs (other than Troy) having no ball skills, and we see a boatload of missed tackles from our LB corps. yet we place a massive emphasis on coverage skills for our LBs and tackling skills for our defensive backs.

how about we do something radical? Let's draft LBs who can tackle and rush the QB, and then LET THEM DO THAT? Meanwhile, let's draft some guys for the secondary who can actually....*drumroll please* COVER AND CATCH A FOOTBALL??

HOLEEEEEE SHEEEETTTT? I know. Crazy. I'm just a wiiiiiild and cuh-rAAAAAAAAAZEEEE GUY!!!!!!!!!

http://thewhimsiad.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/snl-the-best-of-dan-ackroyd-20051019003351836.jpg

I am not a "sky is falling" guy. I'm not a hater. I'm a realist who has been watching football for 3 decades. I've seen a lot of "come and go". I saw Noll create a dynasty, then lose it.

right now, this team, the coaching staff, the mindset and attitude, scares the living hell out of me. I've seen this before. It's a franchise resting on its laurels, expecting victory. It's a franchise that is "doing what it does", when the rest of the NFL is changing before their very eyes. It's a franchise that keeps saying, "but this has worked for years now, why change now?" when it obviously isn't working anymore.

It's a franchise that expects to win based on the name of the franchise, rather than the coaching staff being smart and staying ahead of the opposition, and the players outworking the opposition.

I'm sorry, but seeing unmotivated fat sobs like Kemoeatu and now Willie Colon get handed jobs with ZERO competition is sickening. We continue to reward veterans whose play has obviously dropped far below the line, guys like Colon, Keisel, Hampton, and Ike. We allow ourselves to be desperate for a guy like Max Starks to "save us", then we allow him to balloon up to 400 lbs each season.

Complacency kills. The Steelers are complacent. That starts at the top. We have a saying in the Army, "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way". Tomlin isn't leading, so he either needs to sack up and lead this team, or get the hell out of the way.

jross2021
10-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Keth, I like you and all.. but we're running the 4-6 next year and Sean Spence will be the star of the defense.

kethnaab
10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Keth, I like you and all.. but we're running the 4-6 next year and Sean Spence will be the star of the defense.

tee hee

so Spence would play Gary Fencik's role as free safety?

only problem is that Fencik in 1984 was a bigger free safety than Spence is now as a linebacker

jross2021
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
tee hee

so Spence would play Gary Fencik's role as free safety?

only problem is that Fencik in 1984 was a bigger free safety than Spence is now as a linebacker

trololol

6'1 200 vs 5'11 230, even though Spence is more efficient at 215ish.. I don't see the problem.

kethnaab
10-13-2012, 02:54 AM
trololol

6'1 200 vs 5'11 230, even though Spence is more efficient at 215ish.. I don't see the problem.

Spence played at 215. His combine sucked due in no small part to him weighing 230 which is far too heavy for him

hindes204
10-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Bye bye Ta'amu

thegenerel
10-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Bye bye Ta'amu

was he cut yet?

hindes204
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM
was he cut yet?

Not yet, but it will come sooner or later...the guy is facing some pretty significant charges

kethnaab
10-14-2012, 12:05 PM
wow. unbelieveable

hindes204
10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
15 total charges...5 are felonies

EctohBroh
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
On a brighter note, as pessimistic as I am (and I'm sure a lot of you are) about this team, the AFC is pretty wide open, no real amazing teams. Of course, those 3 AFC losses already will kill the Steelers... but you never know (and I say this in terms of sneaking in as a wild card) the game next Sunday is a biggie.

hindes204
10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
On a brighter note, as pessimistic as I am (and I'm sure a lot of you are) about this team, the AFC is pretty wide open, no real amazing teams. Of course, those 3 AFC losses already will kill the Steelers... but you never know (and I say this in terms of sneaking in as a wild card) the game next Sunday is a biggie.

Exactly! There are only 3 teams in the AFC with winning records right now, and if SD loses tonight there will only be two. We dug ourselves a hole, but with the way the AFC is going this year, we are still sitting in a decent position.

hindes204
10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Of course, with that being said, if we can't beat terrible teams like the Raiders or Titans than its not going to matter how terrible the AFC is

thegenerel
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Of course, with that being said, if we can't beat terrible teams like the Raiders or Titans than its not going to matter how terrible the AFC is

I would hate this to be a season where the limp along only to barely miss the playoffs. either sack up and starting crushing teams or accept that a lot of guys are finished and need to sit.

jross2021
10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Ta'Amu got charged? I remember saying to draft Tommy Streeter in the 4th.. he's not in prison.

Running backs injured everywhere? Lamar Miller is healthy.

DeCastro injured? Brandon Washington is healthy.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

I told you so.

kethnaab
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Ta'Amu got charged? I remember saying to draft Tommy Streeter in the 4th.. he's not in prison.

he's not in prison, nor is he in the NFL. He's on IR

4 touches/game will keep a brother healthy

so is Chris Kemoeatu. Coincidentally, neither of them are in the NFL, and both got cut before training camp was over.

thegenerel
10-15-2012, 04:45 PM

I hate to say I told you so, but...

I told you so.

they would have all been nice 6th-7th round picks, or UDFA pickups

Im healthy and havent been arrested, sign me!

kethnaab
10-24-2012, 10:48 PM
by the numbers (plays graded from -1 to 1):

1. 42 pass protection snaps, 10 positive graded, 4 negative graded, 1/2 sack allowed, 3 pressures allowed, +2.5 grade

2. 29 run blocking snaps, 11 positively graded (including 5 grades of 1.0), 1 tackle for loss allowed, 8 times got to "2nd level" effectively, +6.5 grade

3. Total score = 9.0

Pass pro:

30 1v1 situations, 9 positively graded, 4 negative graded, 17 zeros.

Criteria for a positive grade =
1. 1v1. No combo/chips
2. Do not allow a pressure at all
3. The play had to last at least 3 seconds before the ball is released. So on plays where the ball is out in under 3 seconds, only a negative can be assigned. If the ball is held for 3+ seconds, then he has to stay with the guy the whole time, even past the 3 seconds.

note 1 - To get the positive, the defender must have ZERO IMPACT on the play. Zero. If he gets a hand up in the face of the QB and blocks his target, then no positive will be given.

note 2 - +1.0 is tough to get, borderline impossible on a pass play. Only way is to land a 1v1 pancake and in pass pro on the outside, that's really tough since "pancakes" are usually "push the dude until he trips over someone else's feet". I almost gave Adams a +1 for his pass pro on Sanders' 31 yard reception because he ran Dunlap 12 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

So without further ado (adieu?), the pass pro grades for 1v1:

Atkins - 5 (4 positive grades, no negative grades, 1 no impact)
Dunlap - 16 (4 positive grades, 3 negative grades, 9 no impact)
Geathers - 8 (1 positive grade, 1 negative grade, 6 no impact)
Peko - 1 (no impact)

vs. Atkins:
1st QTR, 12:09 - 3rd and 9, 1v1 vs. Atkins, contained ~4s (+0.5)
1st QTR, 10:44 - 2nd and 9, Atkins lined up inside - 1v1 contained Atkins completely, just engulfed him (~4s) (+0.5)

2nd QTR, 1:23 - 1st and 10, rode Atkins wide and took him completely out of play 1v1, threw Atkins as he tried to get hand up in passing lane (+0.5)

4th QTR, 3:14 - 2nd and 10, Atkins inside, velcroed Atkins while Ben rolled right, Atkins did inside spin, Adams perfectly reset feet and re-engaged his hands, textbook (+0.5)

vs. Dunlap:
1st QTR, 10:37 - 3rd and 9, Dunlap lined up wide 9, bullrushed Adams and landed his initial strike before Adams got his feet set as he kicked outside, pressure allowed (-1.0)

2nd QTR, 15:00 - 2nd and 2, rode Dunlap inside as he tried to get across Adams' face, kept Ben clean for 3.5s+, Dunlap broke away as Ben released but had no impact on the play (+0.5)
2nd QTR, 11:04 - 3rd and 2, completely erased Dunlap from play 1v1, rode him out wide behind Ben, never sniffed within 4 yards of Ben, MW 8 yard reception and 1st down (+0.5)
2nd QTR, 1:10 - 2nd and 1, Dunlap wide, rode Dunlap so far out of play that he almost knocked Dwyer over as he was going out in the flats (+0.5)
2nd QTR, 0:29 - hard bullrush by Dunlap, gave up his numbers, tripped over Atkins' feet as he abused Foster badly (-0.5)

3rd QTR, 0:24 - 3rd and 6, ran Dunlap 12 yards behind LoS, considered giving a +1.0, but sticking with grading criteria (+0.5)

4th QTR, 9:39 - 2nd and 6, Dunlap got upfield too fast, Adams got his right hand on Dunlap's chest, beat Adams in under 3 seconds but didn't register a pressure because Foster doubled with Legs and missed the 2 blitzers right up his gap (very Kemo-like, truth be told) (-0.5)

vs. Geathers:
2nd QTR, 8:42 - 1st and 10, held Geathers off for just under 3.5s, but didn't set his feet properly (Almost seemed to forget he was on right side) and gave up his inside. Ben had Wallace open 17 yards downfield and should've fired but Adams got beat (-0.5, time)

4th QTR, 6:10 - 1st and 10, drove Geathers from the near hash to the numbers (+0.5)

Run blocking:

Criteria for a positive grade =
1. Must root defender out of gap or wall him out completely
2. Does not give up ground
3. Effective block =0.5, get to second level = +0.5, Pancake = +1

1st QTR, 13:33 - 1st and 10, Mike Wallace end around, Adams had his eyes downfield on the 2nd level, but Burfict made a nice play and blew through his gap to make the TFL (-1.0)
1st QTR, 12:54 - 2nd and 16 (very next play), downblocked Peko, removed him from the hole, and paid back Burfict (Dwyer 7 yard run, +1.0)

2nd QTR, 14:19 - 3rd and 1, Adams walled Dunlap off entirely for a 3rd down conversion run right down his gap (+0.5)
2nd QTR, 7:02 - 2nd and 6, velcroed to Dunlap for 6 seconds, completely owned him, Dunlap got feisty and almost got embarrassed (+1.0)
2nd QTR, 6:25 - 3rd and 2, Got out and hit Burfict and pinned him against Peko's back, Dwyer ran for 21 yards on 3rd down conversion (+0.5)

3rd QTR, 10:22 - 1st and 10, drove Geathers inside, got out in front for Wallace on end around for 13 yards and hit a pair of DBs (+0.5)

4th QTR, 14:22 - 2nd and 7, Rainey's TD run, downblocked Peko and knocked him clear out of the hole, then got to 2nd level and rode Maualuga from the inside to a good 5 yards outside (+1.0)
4th QTR, 12:24 - 1st and 10, completely punked Geathers who looked like he got frustrated and should've been called for hands to face (+0.5)
4th QTR, 11:07 - 3rd and 4, downblocked Geathers, took out Maualuga to spring hole and 15-yard run on 3rd down conversion (+1.0)
4th QTR, 10:23 - 1st and 10, took out Maualuga to spring hole, ran Maualuga a good 5-6 yards wide of play, could've gotten ahnds to face call (+0.5)
4th QTR, 2:29 - 1st and 10, drove Geathers 4 yards off ball, unfortunately Dwyer only got to the line of scrimmage, about 4 yards directly behind where Adams eventually deposited Geathers (+1.0)
4th QTR, 1:20 - 3rd and 7, downblocked Atkins, actually turned him outside away from hole, Dwyer ran 32 yards on 3rd and 7, game over bye bye (+0.5)

Notes:

1. For those of you keeping track at home, that's 4 runs on 3rd down in Adams' direction. 4 runs, 4 converted first downs, 71 total rushing yards on those 4 plays

2. Adams first, last, and only negative running grade came at 13:33 of the first quarter, on the Steelers' 3rd play from scrimmage.

3. Completely abused Dunlap, Atkins, Geathers, and even Peko in the running game but was mostly lined up against Geathers and Dunlap. Had both of them pissed off and getting feisty after the play.

4. His ability to turn Atkins on that final run play, and his ability to get to the 2nd level is impressive as hell

5. On multiple occasions, was able to downblock/drive his man out of the way, then just before the RB hit the hole, Adams would peel off and take out Maua or Burfict. Frickin' impressive.

6. In pass pro, his feet and arm length enabled him to dominate Atkins, and his overall strength and lateral movement kept him winning against Dunlap

7. Only issue I saw was him giving up his numbers a few times and it seemed he sometimes "forgot" he was on the right side with the way he was trying to set his feet. Could've been just my cross-eyed viewpoint though.

8. Dunlap's length enabled him to bullrush effectively on occasion. Adams MUST MUST MUST get his hands out there first against long guys like Dunlap (good practice against everybody of course). I imagine Adams isn't used to facing a guy with arms down to his knees, so he has to get land his punch and get his hands and feet set and protect his numbers.

For all the discussion of who should be at RG and who should be at LG, keeping DeCastro at RG makes sense if the plan is to move Adams to LT eventually. Running behind Adams is definitely the way to go.

Useful implementation of the Colon seemed to be to have Adams downblock, the TE (if there) downblock, and then have Colon come over and kick out the DE or LB trying to fill the gap, although on severla occasions, Adams got the LB himself. Colon doesn't generate much snap on contact when he pulls, but he can wall the dude off. Worked on several occasions, especially in the 4th quarter.

EctohBroh
10-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Isn't it funny that the Steelers are 2nd in total defense (YPG) in the whole league? Yes, and 2nd in passing defense (again by YPG) the run defense is a little worse, but still not horrible... 8th in the league, giving up 91.6 YPG. Man, for as much as I and probably a lot of other Steelers fans have bitched about the defense being old and slow, too many injuries, Lebeau being past his prime, etc. look where they stand...

Also, Ben has only been sacked 13 times this year... Aaron Rodgers has been sacked the most, 28 times. So I guess the O-line isn't as bad as a lot of us Steelers fans think as well?

jross2021
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Isn't it funny that the Steelers are 2nd in total defense (YPG) in the whole league? Yes, and 2nd in passing defense (again by YPG) the run defense is a little worse, but still not horrible... 8th in the league, giving up 91.6 YPG. Man, for as much as I and probably a lot of other Steelers fans have bitched about the defense being old and slow, too many injuries, Lebeau being past his prime, etc. look where they stand...

Also, Ben has only been sacked 13 times this year... Aaron Rodgers has been sacked the most, 28 times. So I guess the O-line isn't as bad as a lot of us Steelers fans think as well?

you can thank the offense for those defensive stats

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-time-of-possession-net-of-ot

dat dere TOP

Impurityz
10-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Dwyer better get the start.....

I picked him up two weeks ago and I have started him each week in fantasy
trade mendenhall

he has been a decent flex and rb2 for bye weeks

kethnaab
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM

oline has improved.

Haley's offense keeps Ben afloat and gets people open, 2 things that the idiot Arians couldn't do

jross2021
11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Fuarrrk! I am super hyped after yesterdays game. Defense actually looked frickin' thick, tight, and solid. The running game looking like the old days, hnnnggghh! Finally utilizing the speed on offense. Finally, been waiting to be excited for this season!

ramsgoldberg61
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
'Mirin the Steeler's throwback jerseys???

hindes204
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks like Plax may be coming back to the Burgh

kethnaab
11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Cam Heyward generated more impact plays in his 3 quarters of football yesterday than Ziggy Hood has generated in the last 2 years combined.

GodMadeDirt
11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Looks like Plax may be coming back to the Burgh

Can he play QB?

trek_6k
11-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm tired of Mike Wallace. He's a one trick pony who isn't aggressive, gives up on plays, doesn't ever come back for the ball, and has a ****ty attitude. He's fast, but hasn't progressed at all since his time here in Pittsburgh. Game after game, I rage while watching his potential go swirling down the toilet.

In other news, it looks like Plax is back.

GodMadeDirt
11-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Wallace is a head case. Not sure his hands will improve. I don't think he'll get a Mega contract and should be offered less than what Brown just extended for.

That said his speed can and will tie up one side of the field and benefit Brown and Heath.

Also, anyone know if randle el is still around? Sounds desperate but he can QB and add another dynamic that teams won't be able to game plan for in a short time; thus buying time for Ben to return.

Bottom line - Steelers need wins at this point bad. Especially division wins.

Backus21
11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Wallace is a head case. Not sure his hands will improve. I don't think he'll get a Mega contract and should be offered less than what Brown just extended for.

That said his speed can and will tie up one side of the field and benefit Brown and Heath.

Also, anyone know if randle el is still around? Sounds desperate but he can QB and add another dynamic that teams won't be able to game plan for in a short time; thus buying time for Ben to return.

Bottom line - Steelers need wins at this point bad. Especially division wins.

No worries man we have Brian Hoyer if anything else goes wrong.....

jross2021
11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
No worries man we have Brian Hoyer if anything else goes wrong.....

I'm okay with him. not much experience but if nothing else he can at least throw the ball.... right? I was getting worked up on leftwich and his short passes. didn't know he fractured his ribs though

Backus21
11-21-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm okay with him. not much experience but if nothing else he can at least throw the ball.... right? I was getting worked up on leftwich and his short passes. didn't know he fractured his ribs though

Would have preferred Vince Young strictly for the laughs. I wonder what he would have referred the Steelers to in his opening press conference. We are obviously not the dream team like the Eagles but it probably would have been funny lol

thegenerel
11-21-2012, 07:46 AM
no way to ARE coming back, Hoyer is actually half decent, Im still surprised he got cut.

Big7Ben86
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Can Ben Roethlisberger Jr. throw a football yet?

hindes204
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
That game was an embarrassment

kethnaab
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
very much so

on a good side, Worilds and Ziggy looked good. Ziggy played at DT and was in a penetrating, rather than contain role however. Imagine that.

i also think Wallace and Mendenhall need to move on with their careers elsewhere.

EngRWW33
11-26-2012, 05:47 AM
i also think Wallace and Mendenhall need to move on with their careers elsewhere. Couldn't agree more.

GodMadeDirt
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
This is a really good article:

There is a resilience to Pittsburgh that is unique. In a league where wins often come because of sheer willpower, the Steelers manufacture victories when they seem most unlikely. Old stars have gone. Current ones like Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu are worn down by years of the fight. On Sunday, the Steelers not only didn't have Roethlisberger, they maneuvered wide receivers around and juggled running backs hoping to find some dream formula. Somehow they found one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--charlie-batch-tears-up-after-showing-steeler-grit-in-comeback-victory-against-rival-ravens-034252889.html

The bold sentence hit home for some reason. I feel grateful for this rivalry as it's some of the best football on earth; just happy I don't have to put my body through it.

FormulaLT1poweR
12-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Fellow Steelers fans...help me out?
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150072733

jross2021
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM

voted brah. good luck.

kethnaab
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM

voted, good luck h0m0!! :)

thegenerel
12-07-2012, 06:38 AM
alright voted, too lazy to screen cap though.

ramsgoldberg61
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
We're 7 and 6, we've still got a pulse for sure. Looking forward to the game Sunday!

kethnaab
12-07-2012, 09:50 AM
let's hope we keep it going....I'm loving this and feeling pretty good about our chances.

LeBeau has made some massive adjustments in our secondary which serves to further enhance the legend of Carnell Lake. With a healthy Ben, I'm really liking our chances, and I hope like hell we meet the Ratbirds in the playoffs so we can kick them to the curb a 3rd time

jross2021
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
We're 7 and 6, we've still got a pulse for sure. Looking forward to the game Sunday!

Ben back, defense has been looking good. Excited for the first time in a couple of weeks.

EctohBroh
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Voted, not just for the reps, but also to help out a fellow Steeler fan.

and aren't they 7-5? The key game is against the Bungles, feel okay about that though since they've owned them, and will probably have Ben, and it'll be at home... I fully expect revenge on the Stains too. Cowboys game worries me a bit... also the Chargers have lost 4 straight, so they're due for a win, right? Well... not at Heinz.

I think they're in for the 6th seed... so, assuming this is the case, where would you all want them to play? @ NE, @ DEN, or @BAL? I'm leaning towards Baltimore... definitely not Denver again. And we all know about the past against NE in the playoffs...

StonerDreams
12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
https://lolthreads.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/kanye-moving-gif-lol.gif

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/5069c268eab8eaed6a000015/gangnam-style-bengals-dance.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxasgm5Cfa1r9ucs1o1_250.gif

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

thegenerel
12-17-2012, 07:38 AM
http://c10566323.r23.cf2.rackcdn.com/03-28-56_no-7-we-dey_original.jpg

TTexasTT
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
What did you guys think about Ikponmwosa Igbinosun? Dallas signed him to PS.

thegenerel
12-18-2012, 07:35 PM
What did you guys think about Ikponmwosa Igbinosun? Dallas signed him to PS.

not much, he was a big time project in camp and never really had a shot at making the team. I would be surprised if he ever played much in the NFL

FormulaLT1poweR
12-23-2012, 02:02 PM
So at least with these horrible losses...we are now guaranteed a Top 20 draft pick!

Here's to losing next week, because it means absolutely nothing!

jross2021
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
So at least with these horrible losses...we are now guaranteed a Top 20 draft pick!

**Let Brown Play QB Crew

GodMadeDirt
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM

Normally I would say win no matter what the outcome, but I'm so tired of seeing everyone on the trainers table, I would be cool of they started nobody next week.

I know everyone probably feels this way about their team but man, I swear it seems like Steelers are the most injured team in the league the last 6-7 years.

I'm just venting right now. This was a frusterating season. I felt like our average field position was inside their own 10; every receiver (other than HEATH) dropped the ball at the worst time; the backs all got fumbleitis; they overlooked teams like Titans, Chiefs, Raiders.

Big7Ben86
12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Steelers could've used Bane today.

StonerDreams
12-23-2012, 03:29 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/665040_10151315612438416_1979780441_o.jpg

O3id-Fb8ooY

M1UWPagjNaA

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/4300493/20121202_jrc_ah2_249.0_standard_352.0.jpg

GodMadeDirt
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
The Bengals have zero Super Bowl Championships. Every couple years we win 9 or 10 games and are a first round out in the playoffs. Essentially we're a joke

Don't be so hard on yourself little fella