PDA

View Full Version : Obesity Plagued.

Pages : [1] 2

YMCA4ThisChick
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I was an athletic kid, but as a teenager I was diagnosed with a very common disorder and easily treatable, hypothyroidism, that happened to gradually take over my health which is not a common pattern for most and it almost killed me last year.

I am almost recovered now but before I got sick I was already phat, but while I was sick I gained more weight than I thought was humanly possible in only a two year period of time. H E L P !!!

I was introduced to supplementing by my gramma when my near death probably scared her, then was later influenced by Kevin Trudeaus books. So I am now taking only whole food vitamins and as much organic foods as I can afford ( which is most of my diet now ) and I also quit smoking over a yr ago.

I thought I may be ready to go back to work, but I have lost tons of muscle as well and feel I need to not only gain that back, but also lose weight as well and I feel a sense of urgency to get this going.

So two weeks ago I began working out at the YMCA. So far I have put in four days a week. I am so exhausted from the workouts that I find reasons to skip a day, but I go anyway and am always glad I did afterall.

I have no idea what I am suppose to be using at the YMCA for my workouts so I toured all of the equipment and made a mental note as to which ones I can use and went to town. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know!

So far I have been working out 2-3 hours a night and use the last 30-60 minutes swimming it off.

Thanks and God bless!

I only go to the gym from Tues-Thursdays ( but so far Mondays have worked out as well ) so I will only be updating on those days. I look forward to receiving feedback.

phoenixr2
09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
welcome to the site. Good luck on your journey. It wont be quick, or easy, but it will be worth it.

I speak with experience when I say that dealing with hypo/hyper thyroid problems is definitely not fun nor easy. I never realized just the amount of things it controls until I no longer had mine. Regulating my dosages has proven to be interesting but I am getting there and will get healthy again. Living overweight, is not fun for more reasons then I care to list.

It sounds like you already are on your way to a healthier life. keep up the good work and keep us updated.

chrischap01
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I look forward to following your progress!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Tomorrow is the first of my 4 day workout for this week, but I have an early morning appointment, then a movie to catch ( the new Holloween ) with my sister and then a dinner as my cousin from Colorado will be visiting.

I do NOT want to miss this day of exercising. I have been looking forward to the gym since Friday. I am wondering if I should just move my appointment up til Wednesday and hit the gym before the movie. My appointment is not a Dr's one, its a governmental one and they are only available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I am very frustrated. Maybe I will fit the gym in between the movie and dinner? Speaking of dinner...I need some suggestions on a supplemental diet. I have sugar crashes and I get very moody ( yikes, I even scare myself ) so what to do?

chrischap01
09-18-2007, 06:29 AM
not good to miss the first day of your program! try to fit it in if you you can. If not, just do Wed-Saturday to make it up.

As for diet suggestions, there are a lot of different ways to do this. A lot depends on what foods you like, your needs/health, the pace you want to lose at, etc. I'd suggest starting wiht some of the sticky threads on here and on the nutrition forum and coming up with questions from there. If you are looking for a book/program, I like the nutrition guidlelines in both Body for Life and The Abs Diet.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-18-2007, 10:33 AM
~~~> Chris: Nope, it's not the first day of my program, it's just the first day of this weeks workout. I started working out 3 weeks ago. So, this would actually be missing one day of those three weeks. So I am doing okay.

I had a talk with my sister and she says we are going to fit the gym in between the movie and dinner! Yayayay. She is on a HCG weight loss regimen, recommended by Kevin Trudeau. HCG is a pregnancy hormone and is all natural. She is half way done with it now. This is her second round of two "have to" rounds. She has lost a substantial amount of weight in a short time and has kept her muscle. I will let you know the results when she is completely finished and update on her total weight loss.

I have to stay on a Tues-Thurs schedule, unless an extra day is freed up for me to do more. I have just felt so good after exercising for the short time that I have at the gym, that I was looking forward to todays workout now that I have it down pat the pattern I like to take off in at the gym. I am finally comfortable with the different equipment. I was so shy and embarrassed at first, but for some reason I just don't care if I think someone is "looking" at me.

Gotta run, and thanks for getting back to me Chris! YOU are great.

God bless,
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-18-2007, 03:10 PM
you sound like you are on top of things!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
This is sooo funny to me. My gramma kept calling and changin the dinner plans tonight- like 5 times! So my sister and I were like, this is craziness, cause we didnt know what to do or how to plan our quickie at the gym, lol. So we visited at grammas house with my cousin, and moved dinner to tomorrow night.

But get this! My gramma called my mama and told her to call us girls and tell us that NOBODY that weighs more than 200 pounds are aloud to sit in my chairs tonight because I have had to replace two chairs already. Haha.

Well, okay...I guess gramma thinks us gals weigh less than the guys because we are shorter and wider, lol, but litttle did she know that my son and my cousin and his "tall" wife all weigh over 200 pounds by a long shot.

But anyway, it as funny as it was, it was NOT funny that she had to call us and tell us that and I am sure that she was NOT likely to be comfy making this call.

So- No gym today, but tomorrow yes and we will make this day up before the weekend.

God bless!
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Subscribed

YMCA4ThisChick
09-19-2007, 12:26 AM
BTW- those chairs were the swirly kitchen ones.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I am going to get some pix taken hopefully today. I hope I dont scare anyone off!

God bless,
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Cant scare me, I look at myself everyday...lol

YMCA4ThisChick
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
That was tooooo cool TooBigFred! Thank you for showing some efforts to get to know me or by reading my materials. I am still not sure how I want to go about all of this, but I am P O S I T I V E I have found a decent place to help each other.

So I finally got to the gym today before the big "family Reunion", if you will. I am still learning what the names of all of the equipments are, so I will leave that out, lol. BTW, what the heck are DOMS?

OK OK OK ...

So I spent about 2 hours working out. I noticed last week that 5 minutes on the treadmill seemed much easier and I entertained the thought of increasing my time on it, but decided to just finish that day off at my reg. speed and increase this week, which I did. I doubled my time on the tread and doubled my time plus 2 minutes on the bike with the "sled handles" , lol because I was talking and didnt notice the time had passed which was really coolio....I dont know what its called but its among my only favorite machine, lol. Oh I think its called a NUSTEP. I set it to a 10 work load. I didnt have time to swim it off today as I had to shower and go to the restaurant rather speedily, when I received the "call" that it was time to split.

This guy came up to me at the raquetball court and started looking me up and down and talking and started asking me questions such as my name and what have you. Then my son went to the balcony thing to watch me play raquetball and whispered to me that some guy was watching me thru that skinny slot in the door, so I knew who it was and watched my back.I dont understand people like that cause I was thinking....Here I am drenched in sweat and fat ( not a delicious combo if ya know what I mean ) and I am being looked over and flirted with. Y U K. I will be avoiding him. But it did make me more into losing weight in a sick sense, lol. and realized there are psychos even in a gym, hehe.

The overall workout was great! and I look forward to tomorrows for sure and I have decided that my goal will not be accomplished until I am eligible to at least enter one single competition.

I have lost exactly 5 pounds.

Please give me time to get better organized and I will keep up with your blogs in return. Good luck and God bless!

Juliet.

Freddie Beef
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
DOMS= delayed onset muscle soreness, muscle soreness that occurs later in the day or next day after a workout.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-20-2007, 01:04 AM
DOMS, Thank you sooo much!

chrischap01
09-20-2007, 05:05 AM
The overall workout was great! and I look forward to tomorrows for sure and I have decided that my goal will not be accomplished until I am eligible to at least enter one single competition.

I have lost exactly 5 pounds.

good job on the 5 pounds! keep it up!!

oh, and watch out for those creeps at the gym...

YMCA4ThisChick
09-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Oh, I gained it back. I actually waited this time to see if i would have gained it back and didnt, so as soon as I posted it, bam, there it was.

I will be watchin, lol.

chrischap01
09-20-2007, 11:04 AM
it is just water weight if you are fluctuating like that from day to day. I would recommend weighing only once per week or less, and always weighing at the same time of day and wearing the same thing.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Chris, yes I know its water weight which is why I waited for the weight to stabalize before I announced the loss, but I am okay with it making a small jump because it actually did stay steady for two weeks and that hasnt happened once since I first got sick. Oh and I weigh in upon waking up and in my birthday suit.

The water retension was alarming months ago as it was so bad that I was retaining it in my face, even my eyelids so I always looked stoned or hungover and the trip of it was brushing my hair, because as the bristles moved across my scalp I felt the water shifting under my scalp. So I have been using the dry sauna to help sweat the last of that out of my body.

I went to bed last night after taking an overdose of pure Vit C pwdr and an extrea serving of the rest of my vitamins because I suddenly caught a head cold, yuk. Today I feel worse, perhaps because its overcast right now (pressure ). I will still workout tonight and update later.

GB,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Good early mornin!

I did my workouts tonight. I carried a paper and pen with me this time so that I could share with you what my routine is and in order as well. If you see a glitch let me know so I can edit my routine okay? Ok. Here we go:

~5 min leg press 75 lbs
~5 min (didnt document the name, sorry )
~5 min seated chest 145 lbs
~5 min shoulder press 40 lbs
~5 min triceps ext. 30 lbs
~10 min nustep @ a 10 workload
~10 min treadmill
~1 hour raquetball

* I usually give my daughter the choice to play raquetball or swim, so tonight she chose to play raquetball.

I also sat in the dry sauna for 30 minutes. Sheesh, and its too hot in there too, lol.

Now I have a new arising issue. I broke my right foot in grade school and broke it again several yrs ago and it is now giving me probs now that I am being more active on it. Any helpful hints?

God bless,
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
09-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Hints for a used to be broken foot? Caution, wrap it up when working out and ice the hell out of it when done. I have a question, I noticed instead of sets and reps, you have time and weight. Is that working well for you? Or did I misunderstand sumthin?

fates_child03
09-21-2007, 02:55 AM
I was curious about the time on each lift as well. I wasn't sure exactly what was meant by that.
I would like to say congrats on making this step YMCA. Keep after it everyday and watch the results come on!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
" I have a question, I noticed instead of sets and reps, you have time and weight. Is that working well for you? Or did I misunderstand sumthin? "

Okay, lol. As I said before I have no clue what I am suppose to be doing , so I replicated the Curves for Women strategy. Curves for Women is a private weight loss center for women and they have 6 workout tools. The plan is to spend 5 minutes using each one resulting in a 30 minute workout. Its encouraged that the women spend at least 3 days a week doing that routine.

However, when I toured the place ( last year ) I recall that I didnt like their choice of workout machines, so I was immediately bored by the thought of working with limited sources and never went back, although I did like the "idea" of it.

So that explains my 5 minute notations but as far as noting the weights, I thought that if I payed attn. to how much I am able to comfortably lift now as a beginner that it will help me to track my improvements as the weights increase. I lost all of my strength when I was sick, so I feel like I am obsessed with fixing that part of me. Not sure why.

But no, I dont actually count sets, but I just take it easy and do what I can and then rest a minute and do it again and rest for a moent and just follow that type of pattern throughout everything I do. When I feel my muscles have done enough I move on to the next one, which usually happens as my 5 minutes is up anyway.

Yes it is working out for me. But its more important for me to do it right, so if you see I need to fix stuff, please tell me.

I am still sick but I got thru the workout days for this week and am proud of that. Now I can rest and feed on vitamins. My daughter grabbed my bottle of water yesterday and took a drink while I was not paying attn. and I heard her cough and gag, then she spit it out the window. When I saw the bottle in her hand I just cracked up laughing. I had 2 grams of Vit C powder mixed in it, lol. So that made for a potent drink, especially for a kid that isnt use to the taste of it.

Have a blessed day,
Juliet

chrischap01
09-21-2007, 09:04 AM
how long have you been on this workout program?

i think what you are doing is probably good for getting used to the routine of lifting, learning the machines, learning good form, etc. Once you feel comfortable with all that I think you may want to get on a more specific program designed for a particular goal, be it strength, fat loss, muscle building, or some combination thereof.

Freddie Beef
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Okay, lol. As I said before I have no clue what I am suppose to be doing , so I replicated the Curves for Women strategy.

Oh okay, if it works, then keep doin it!!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-21-2007, 10:11 AM
how long have you been on this workout program?

i think what you are doing is probably good for getting used to the routine of lifting, learning the machines, learning good form, etc. Once you feel comfortable with all that I think you may want to get on a more specific program designed for a particular goal, be it strength, fat loss, muscle building, or some combination thereof.

Good morning Chris,

I have just finished my third week.

I just found out last night that I was approved to have a free personal trainer for two weeks, prob is I am not available during his work hours.

I definately need to take great strides in accompishing choice C, Chris, A combination of strength, losing fat and muscle building, which is why I have incorporated several different machines to work with. So are you saying that I should do one at a time, such as, lose weight first, then work on strength next, then work on muscle building? Not necessarily in that order, but was that what you meant?

Get back to me and God bless.
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-22-2007, 08:11 PM
no, I was not necessarily saying to do one at a time. I was just saying that I recommend you decide what your goal(s) is/are, and then use the considerable resources on this site (check out the stickie threads on the boards and the exercise database on the main site) to choose a plan designed to do what it is you are seeking to do. The free trainer might also be able to help you design a program if you can work out the timing issues.

I spent most of my time the last year doing a program called escalating density training. The variation I did was designed to increase strength and endurance, while burning fat. I also gained almost 20 pounds of muscle. So, it is possible to do something that achieves multiple goals, especially if you are arelative beginner to weight training.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-22-2007, 10:15 PM
" no, I was not necessarily saying to do one at a time. I was just saying that I recommend you decide what your goal(s) is/are, and then use the considerable resources on this site (check out the stickie threads on the boards and the exercise database on the main site) to choose a plan designed to do what it is you are seeking to do. The free trainer might also be able to help you design a program if you can work out the timing issues.

I spent most of my time the last year doing a program called escalating density training. The variation I did was designed to increase strength and endurance, while burning fat. I also gained almost 20 pounds of muscle. So, it is possible to do something that achieves multiple goals, especially if you are arelative beginner to weight training.

Thank you Chris, I will definately read those sticky threads ( what a strange name ) and I will follow up also on the " exercise database on the main site".

I saw one page that this guy had calculated his weight loss and muscle gain and total weight loss and it made no sense to me. How can you know that what you are gaining isnt fat, but muscle, or visa versa? I am not asking for a response to this question, I am sure I will find it on this site sometime, but I just wanted to let ya know I think its weird, lol.

Have a great day, Chris!

chrischap01
09-22-2007, 11:12 PM
you can get a good estimate of how much of your body is muscle or fat by tracking your body fat percentage.

Saint Mike
09-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Subscribed

YMCA4ThisChick
09-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I have read the Recommended Daily Allowances and have decided that my diet should consist of this plan, although I am looking for a way to replace the meat with something else. Of course I also recommend it all be organic when possible:

~6 ounces Whole Grains

~2.5 cups Vegetables

~1.5 cups Fruits

~ 3 cups Milk

~5 ounces Meats and Beans

chrischap01
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM
how are things going with you?

YMCA4ThisChick
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
how are things going with you?

Hi Chris,
I am good, yet frustrated. I began my 4th week at the gym tonight ( I missed yesterday, but made up for it today ) and I am frustrated because the only results that show on the scale is a 4 pound difference, but the question is , Is it still water loss or not? So I am hangin in there and anxious to do a weight re-check on Thursday.

Chris, I believe it was you that recommended that I dont weigh in everyday, so I have been weighing in only on Tuesdays now, maybe and occassional Thurday too.

Good news is that I can feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting me, such as an overall looser fit and definate strength improvement in my legs and lower back.

I kind of felt that swimming too much was robbing me of better exercise, so I have (for the most part ) replaced swimming with raquetball. Would anybody care to comment on my switch? I know swimming is good as well, but I am too motivated to stay on the floor and really get dirty.

I seem to have developed a weird tingling and sometimes sore sensation in my wrists last week and noticed that it interfered with some of my routine tonight. Thinking I should wrap them up. Not sure whats happening there.

Again I doubled my time on cardio.

Will be at the gym again tomorrow night and will update when I get home.

God bless,
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Chris, I believe it was you that recommended that I dont weigh in everyday, so I have been weighing in only on Tuesdays now, maybe and occassional Thurday too.

Good news is that I can feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting me, such as an overall looser fit and definate strength improvement in my legs and lower back.

for me, the clothes and the mirror were the best measures. I am impatient, so seeing a pound or two difference here and there was never all that satisfying. but the pants getting looser, moving up a belt notch, etc. were great motivation.

I kind of felt that swimming too much was robbing me of better exercise, so I have (for the most part ) replaced swimming with raquetball. Would anybody care to comment on my switch? I know swimming is good as well, but I am too motivated to stay on the floor and really get dirty.

i say whatever keeps you interested and active is what you should do. both are good exercise, but if you dig racquetball then go with it.

I seem to have developed a weird tingling and sometimes sore sensation in my wrists last week and noticed that it interfered with some of my routine tonight. Thinking I should wrap them up. Not sure whats happening there.

could be something with your form, maybe you could ask somebody at the gym to watch you on a few upper body exercises and see if you are doing anything wrong.

overall, it sounds like you are doing great, working hard, and sticking with it. keep it up!!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM
i see what you are saying on the walks, but why not start off walking at a slower pace and work your way up to "brisk" walking? you could start today if you did that ;)

Chris, Good afternoon!

Yes, I do walk I just wanted to get some strength built up in my back ( as I have been doing ) before I start speedily walking. The whole swinging the arms thing and larger steps and a pace I can be happy with. Since tonight is my last workout night at the gym for this week, I will have three days left to just play my DDR games and rest before I start my brisk walks. I have definately gained enough muscle to make me feel comfy walking faster and longer too. Its just me...have to have everything on a schedule to stay on track.

CHRIS!!!!! your recent picture looks great! Your face has thinned out and I just think you look great. You are doing a good job and am glad that I have had a chance to witness your progress.

Oh and as far as the trainers at that gym, they are always pumpin their muscles with the other guys or flirting with the women ( like checking outt heir booties or just in our way ) so I dont ask them advise about anything. Too bad soo sad.

God bless,
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-27-2007, 01:17 PM
what's DDR?

Thanks for the kind words re: my pic. I am making a stupid face in that pic though, but it does make me look thinner! I hope to keep making progress for you to watch, and hope to watch you make good progress too!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
" what's DDR? "

Okay, Chris...

I will pretend you didnt ask that question, lol.

A DDR is the all famous Dance Dance Revolution. Its a game you play in a Play Station and it plays music and the tv screen scrolls the musical notes dwnwards ( different speeds are available ) and you have a floor mat that has a North South West and East arrows on it, and wherever the notes land on the tv screen is where you land your feet on the mat.

I dont know how to really describe it, but I am sure you knew what it was, didnt you? Great exercise and ADDICTING too. I have played hours on it and didnt even know it. You can also dwnload your own music, I prefer 80s hard rock like ACDC, Black Sabbath...

As far as your picture goes, I noticed you had your lips pulled into a kiss like figure, but I still agree that your face is thinner, regardless... :) .

Blessings,
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
okay, I have played DDR. It's fun!

It's not a "kiss" it is Blue Steel! My kind of people will get the reference...

YMCA4ThisChick
09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
It's not a "kiss" it is Blue Steel! My kind of people will get the reference...

Umm okay...

I will take, Derek Zoolander, for One Million Dollars!

cornwallus
09-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Well done for getting started, I would be on that DDR game for an hour a day, I can only imagine it be very effective cardio, (Haven't played it myself)

Keep it up.

chrischap01
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Umm okay...

I will take, Derek Zoolander, for One Million Dollars!
nice! you are good people in my book...

YMCA4ThisChick
09-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Hurrah! I just returned home from my last night at the gym for this week. All went well, except for my wrists, so instead of grasping to a bar to push or lift I put my hand into a fist and did it with my knuckles instead, worked out best that way.

I still have no update on my weight, I am sure that area will move right along smoothly as soon as my finances for my grocery bill get under way, as for now all I can afford are potatoes. Hehe.

B;essings,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-27-2007, 11:25 PM
BTW is there any way I can change my name, YMCA4ThisChick to something else? I cant seem to find a edit tab anywhere to do it...????

Freddie Beef
09-27-2007, 11:28 PM
BTW is there any way I can change my name, YMCA4ThisChick to something else? I cant seem to find a edit tab anywhere to do it...????

I dunno, probly not

YMCA4ThisChick
09-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Thank you TooBigFred.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-28-2007, 03:02 PM
FINALLY, I have some BEFORE pictures posted. Please practice caution as you view them!

Juliet.

chrischap01
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
you will be glad you did that. it will be that much more satisfying when you reach your goals and can look at those pics and see all that you have accomplished!

YMCA4ThisChick
09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
THANK YOU FROST

Cardio does two things: first, you burn calories by actually doing the exercise. Second, if you are doing intense cardio (interval training, like sprint/walk/sprint/walk/etc.) you continue to burn calories for the rest of the day thanks to an increased metabolism caused by this strenuous activity.

Lifting doesn't turn fat into muscle - it's a figure of speech, mostly. It is physically impossible to turn fat into muslce. Basically, lifting weights increases your strength. Increased strength results in increased muscle size. In turn, this new muscle needs calories to build and maintain it, and thus burns fat. That's it, in a nutshell.

If you had to choose just one, you would go with weightlifting. If you went on a diet and did cardio, you would lose weight, but lose a ton of muscle at the same time, so the second you go off the diet you'll be heavier than ever. If you went on a diet and did weights, you would lose weight, but most of it would be fat. Ideally you want to do both, but err on the side of too little cardio rather than too much cardio.

THANK YOU AGAIN CHRIS
the only thing I would add is that lifting also burns a lot of calories. if you are moving around and working hard, you are burning calories. that is why I think weight lifting is superior to cardio if you can only do one for fat loss - it does what cardio can do and it does a lot more, as you described.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I begin taking speedy walks tonight at midnight. This is going to be s step up for me from regular walking.

I need to definately do some good calf stretches since my calves have a history to tense up so much they hurt and slow me down, but I feel I may have done enough leg and back exercise now to get rollin easier.

Since my goal is to lose 12 pounds by Oct. 31st I need to crack the whip. I am hopeful that after walking every night, that I will be ready to begin jogging by Oct.15th.

Good news is my mama has decided to start going to the gym too! This is great because she has been a butterball since the day she was born and her weight has snowballed in her adult years. She is now 54 and gets winded just walking across the living room. I feel for her because I dont know what its like to have been fat all of my life. I didnt start gaining weight until I had my first baby. She never knew what it was like to be thin, ever!

God bless all of you reading this and keep marching and moving into the new you,
Juliet.

chrischap01
09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
good for you, and good for your mom! i have seen my mother, grandmother, and mother in law all have great weight loss success in their 50's or 60's, so it can definitely be done. it will be great for you to accomplish this together, and having a partner, especially one in your home, helps a great deal.

are you sure you are getting enough water? My calves cramp up bad when I get dehydrated.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
" are you sure you are getting enough water? My calves cramp up bad when I get dehydrated. "

Chris, good day to you!

Yep, I could be dehydrated.

If you notice in my pictures, my calves are actually free of clumps of fat and cellulite. My calves are hard for some reason and when I get to walking fast they just get solid, and it kills me...freaky.

SO I am going to chug a bottle of water before my walks, just because you may be onto some connection between water and cramps. Maybe I require more water than I think I need.

I have read that we should drink one half of our body weight, in ounces of water.

Tonight is my first brisk walk night and its raining, hehe. So I bought some big black garbage bags to wear as a poncho.

chrischap01
09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
be careful with the trashbags, that's another way to get dehydrated - if it is warm/humid you will sweat a lot more than you do in non-plastic clothes ;)

I have heard a lot of different things about how much water you should drink, I am not sure what the magic number is or if there even is one. I drink a gallon per day on a normal day, and even drink an extra half galon or so on top of that on harder workout days.

YMCA4ThisChick
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
"be careful with the trashbags, that's another way to get dehydrated - if it is warm/humid you will sweat a lot more than you do in non-plastic clothes "

Hi Chris,

Thank you for that tip. I should be safe then, since its freezing here lately.

Freddie Beef
09-30-2007, 06:56 PM
"be careful with the trashbags, that's another way to get dehydrated - if it is warm/humid you will sweat a lot more than you do in non-plastic clothes "

Hi Chris,

Thank you for that tip. I should be safe then, since its freezing here lately.

Freezing? in floridaa, what did it do, get down to 65 degress..lol

YMCA4ThisChick
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
" Freezing? in floridaa, what did it do, get down to 65 degress..lol "

TooBigFred,

I know what freezing is since I moved to Florida from the mountains of Colorado. I enjoyed all 12 "freezing" winters there. Although, I have only been in Florida 3 yrs. I have adapted to the weather, and the kind of cold here is a different kind of cold there, so when its 65 degres it seems cold to me, especially when its been slightly windy from the "wannabe" hurricanes out there and perhaps its because I am still fighting my head cold that took me by suprise a week ago and the ear infection and rain hasnt helped...Its time for my walk now, bye.

Freddie Beef
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
It will be COLD soon enough here in Indiana, so consider me jealous....lol

chrischap01
09-30-2007, 11:01 PM
i have been getting out and walking early in the mornings the last few days and i have actually been cold. It is too early in the fall for that! Makes me miss Texas...

YMCA4ThisChick
09-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Yep. My walk was a success. One hour was all I could do, but it felt great! Praise God. I need to do a strengthening exercise for between my shoulders though, cause they were having a fit on that walk.

Chris and TooBifFred:

Fall is my favoured month. So it will be a uplifting season season for me. I plan to have the hardest part of this goal behind me by November 1st.

Gotta run now...was that another pun?
God bless,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Has anybody experimented with the weighted vests? I have been looking into them and the advertisements look moving. I dont have the $$ for them today, but I am gonna run to Walmart and buy a dumbell weight to carry while walking. In the mean time I need feedback on the vests, please.

chrischap01
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
if you want to add a little resistance to a walk, just use a back pack with some rocks, weights, sand, bottled water, etc in it.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Thank you Chris!

That was a great idea. I can find a backpack around here somewhere. It would be more comfy than carrying dumbells and cheaper than a vest.

I decided NOT to try that concoction of yours Chris, yuk, lol. That is as bad as ketchup and eggs, or peanut butter and eggs. . . Actually ketchup and eggs arent that bad, lol, I have done it.

I am going crazy still waiting for the stupid scale to show a decline in numbers, instead of just hovering in one area. UrRrRrR. I have been working my S.S.A off !@#*

God bless,
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Throw out the scale, if your clothes are looser than you are losing!!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM
" Throw out the scale, if your clothes are looser than you are losing!! "

TooBigFred,

Hehe. I can't do it yet. I have been waiting to see a number and I will see it!!!!! I promise that as soon as I do see that number drop and stay steady for two weeks, its goes into the trash.

Goodness,
Juliet...lol.

MissThing
10-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Don't throw away the scales. Just try not to fixate on the figures anweigth yourself 2-4 weeks. Inch loss is a better motivator

YMCA4ThisChick
10-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Hi Miss Thing, thank you!

I saw this tip while reading an article. Maybe you have been looking for something that will help, if so this is for you to experiment with:

Save some calories for potassium and protein for after you work out, this will help reduce soreness.

(A banana and an egg does the trick.)

Cheers,
Juliet.

MissThing
10-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi Miss Thing, thank you!

I saw this tip while reading an article. Maybe you have been looking for something that will help, if so this is for you to experiment with:

Save some calories for potassium and protein for after you work out, this will help reduce soreness.

(A banana and an egg does the trick.)

Cheers,
Juliet.

sounds good. I'm on a keto diet, though so banana are out, during the week. However, I take potassium on occasion because the diuretic effects of keto. Of course, I also take whey post-workout. :)

YMCA4ThisChick
10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I have seen this Keto diet mentioned a lot. Hopefully the clip from the article will help someone else that needs it that isnt on a keto diet.

I accomplished my walk last night. Which was strange because I did the same walk the night before that took me an hour, but last night that same walk took me 34 minutes. Between my shoulders didnt give me grief either.

My car is no longer a working unit. Tonight thru Thursday are my gym nights, so I dont know what will become of this issue. Times like this would be nice to have an income. I do have a DDR and a weight lifting bench in my garage, so I may need to retreat to those and walking.

Will update later,
Juliet

MissThing
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I have seen this Keto diet mentioned a lot. Hopefully the clip from the article will help someone else that needs it that isnt on a keto diet.

I accomplished my walk last night. Which was strange because I did the same walk the night before that took me an hour, but last night that same walk took me 34 minutes. Between my shoulders didnt give me grief either.

My car is no longer a working unit. Tonight thru Thursday are my gym nights, so I dont know what will become of this issue. Times like this would be nice to have an income. I do have a DDR and a weight lifting bench in my garage, so I may need to retreat to those and walking.

Will update later,
Juliet

before I got a gym membership in February, I walked thought the winter. my walk to work was about 3.4 miles, so that was almost 7 miles, without counting all the walking throughout the day. it took me about an hour 10 minutes if I was speed walking and I'd get quite sweaty. It saved me travel and gym membership, lol!

I tried the same walk again suring summer and it took me the same time yet, I didn't feel a thing. I wasn't the least bit sweaty.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Miss Thging, that is great. Thank you for sharing.

Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I wasnt able to get to the gym tonight due to car issues, but I did walk my hour. Feels so good to exercise. My ankles are killin me this time, so I have applied DMSO. Great stuff.

For all of us organic health freaks...
DMSO is a great relief to injuries such as rotator cuff displacement, herniated discs, muscle soreness and you get the idea.

http://www.hypermed.com.au/Updates/DMSO%20-%20Information.htm

Many blessings,
Juliet

YMCA4ThisChick
10-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I researched hiking trails in my area and I can say that we suck. Dont come here to go hiking, lol. I found only one place and I am gonna go view it tomorrow, hopefully it will be good enough for me since its the only one available. Its 2 bux to get in.

I bought some jogging shorts tonight, 2 pairs, for getting ready for my first jog on the 15th.

I dont feel good at all. I have been sick for a while now and now I feel worse. I might skip my walk tonight and walk twice tomorrow to make it up. I am just gonna cuddle up on the couch and watch tonights movies. Its family tradition in this house to rent scary movies every night of October.

Blessings,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
so what did you watch? I used to do that every October!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-04-2007, 12:53 AM
" so what did you watch? I used to do that every October! "

Chris, hello...

Yep, my sister and I always do the scary movie month, not only for us but for the kids too. We light up the fireplace with candles and plug in the halloween stuff that lights up. Its really fun.

We always try to make sure we never rent the same movies twice, lol, unless its SCREAM! My sister and I love that movie. Last week we went and saw the new Halloween movie thats out in the theaters, I thought it was a good movie, but my sister was disappointed. It was a good movie.

Tonight was Deep Water. I like movies that move right into action or at least tell a story good enough to get me past the first 15 minutes, which this one did not do, so I went to bed until it was over.

We also rented, Family Portraits and Population 436. I havent watched those yet. . . But now that I have returned from that walk I said I wasnt going to take, lol and showered up at 2:30 am, I am ready to watch another one. I probably wont though. I have an overnight Christian Chat Room that I open about right now, on nights that I can, so I need to get this update done and tend to that.

BUT I did do that walk, and not only did I do that walk but it also consisted of a walk, jog, walk, jog pattern, in hopes that , that will help prepare me to start jogging on the 15th. I also doubled my distance tonight. Yay!

Its weird that I never had a history of sweating and always thought it was gross when others did. But after my second week of working out at the YMCA, I suddenly started sweating. Strange thing is that I actually appreciate it now because my body gets that warmed up feeling and losens up and I feel like I can exercise forever.

Blessings,
Juiet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I have slept about 4 hours since my last post and I jumped outta bed not knowing that my ankles were out of order. I am in pain. All I can say is that they better be healed up good enough for tonights walk, or I will be drinking some whisky to get me thru it. ( no I am not a drinker or an alcoholic ) I do however use it as a medicine.

God bless,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Another walk accomplished tonight. My goal is still to walk/jog until the 15th and then jog the rest of October. We will see. My ankles straightened up thru the day and were well enough to do tonights walk, but I have a feeling tomorrow night will be iffy. What a challenge these past 5 weeks have been for me.

Blessings,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
keep at it, you are doing well.

I am dealing with some weird hip issue right now. Not sure what I did, but I am just going to keep going. I may switch back to something lower impact than running for a bit, though.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I read ones profile who did Stax and Carbcycling. So I researched the Carbcycling and thought I could do that myself. So I surfed the web and put together a list of foods that will enhance the Carbcycling program and I am gonna go for it.

I will be out taking my daughter to a audition, so after that, I will do my grocery shopping. I am going to just incorporate the diet into the entire household, without hint. I had to take my 18 yr old daughter to get a new pair of work pants today...she was so upset to know that she has went up 2 sizes, yet I know its not all fat, she is simply getting curvy in all the right spots is all, but perhaps she will shed more weight on this program than what I would expect.

If you are doing the carbcycling program and want a list of the foods, send me a message with your email and I will get it to ya...

Cheers,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Accomplished tonights walk, plus some for missing last nights walk. My cars battery fuse was blown, now it starts, but at will, so its still faulty, but it will get me back to the gym again. Missed a whole week of the gym. I miss it, lol. I have been walking every night though. So I have NOT been lazy. I am so happy that my legs have been strengthening. Yayayay.

God bless,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
I purchased all of the tupperware I will need for the carbcycling, to help me keep it all measured. I cooked and prepared two days worth of meals. So I am ready to begin at breakfast time. Yay.

I did not take my full walk tonight, only about 30 minutes, as I have huge blisters on the bottoms of my feet. I tried to wear shoes, boy am I sorry. Should I pop them to relieve the pressure? I dunno. I walked for almost two hours last night. I will not do it again, lol. At least not til I lose more weight, my feet are in bad shape.

Blessings,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
good idea on the tupperware. I eat so much better when I cook large meals and keep several leftover dishes I can easily reheat.

i always pop blisters, but when it comes to medical issues what I do is always generally the opposite of what people should do, so that probably means you should not pop them. ;)

YMCA4ThisChick
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Good day to you Chris,

The blisters have to go, so I will pop them at bed time so I wont be walking on them all day, lol. Ouchie.

The Tupperware was very cheap, since I got it all at Big Lots, formerly known as Mac Frugals? It was all Ziplock brand too and they work really well.

Today is my first Carbcylce Diet day and it's working out well too. I do have a hint, to those of you that are doing this diet . . .

HINT 1:
:) For about 8 bux you can buy BUTTERBALL TURKEY meat, with only the white meat and dark meat ( no bones or any other meat ) and it will last for two days worth of meals or 12 meals if you are doing the 6 meals a day program. It has proven to not only be juicy and tasty, but it saves preperation time and easier to separate the dark from light meat, since all you have to do it slice the turkey in half AND I hear it is less fat than chicken.

HINT 2:
:) Today I warmed up my veggies in olive oil instead of water, which was much RICHER IN FLAVOR.

HINT 3:
:) Fugi apples do not start to turn brown when you cut them open and are sweeter and crisper to the bite.

With all that said, Blessings thru out your day,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-08-2007, 02:50 PM
It's a M I R A C L E !!!!

I have lost another pound, that is two pounds in 5 weeks? G'zzz.

Freddie Beef
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
It's a M I R A C L E !!!!

I have lost another pound, that is two pounds in 5 weeks? G'zzz.

Congrats

YMCA4ThisChick
10-09-2007, 12:25 PM
My walk last night was interesting. My feet felt better, so I wasnt whining about that issue, although I had to listen to my son whine,lol. I took him on the walk with me ( first time - he is 16 ) and 1/2 way thru it he was yelling at me to go home, he was tired. I was like no way Paul. If I am doing good I know you are. ( he could stand to lose about 40 pounds at least, but is strong and stocky by nature ). So we were bickering about his wanting to go home for about 30 minutes, lol. Made the walk seem fast to me, so that was cool. Haha.

I have a praise report! I lost another pound! Yay! I am loving watching the BB.com weight graph drop. Its about time the number start dropping on that stupid scale. As soon as it says I have lost 10-15 pounds and steady, I am gonna get rid of it.

I am scared of my measurements hiking UP though. I sware everything has been getting bigger again after everything got smaller.

ALSO:
With more and more studies showing that organically grown fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds have lower levels of pesticide residue and higher levels of vitamins and minerals, it only makes sense to choose as many organic foods as possible, especially when adding more raw foods to your diet. Wild Oats has the best selection of organic produce and bulk items— perfect for enjoying a raw food diet.

I took my car into the neighborhood I have been walking and clocked the distance at 1 and 1/5 mile. I think I am ready to double that, so I will give it a try tonight and update later.

Good day to ya,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
congrats on the progress, and keep up the walking!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No, I didn't make doubling the walk distance this time. My shinns are too sore tonight, I will try again tomorrow night. BUt....walk accomplished.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
HeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw........... Another pound lost!!!

The carbcycling plan is going great too.

Blessings,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
HIGH PROTEIN LIST
Description Weight
Grams Weight
Ounces Protein
Grams
Chicken, stewing, meat only, cooked, stewed 140 1 cup 42.59
Fish, halibut, Atlantic and Pacific, cooked, dry heat 159 1/2 fillet 42.44
Fish, salmon, sockeye, cooked, dry heat 155 1/2 fillet 42.33
Turkey, meat only, cooked, roasted 140 1 cup 41.05
Turkey, neck, meat only, cooked, simmered 152 1 neck 40.80
Chicken, broilers or fryers, giblets, cooked, simmered 145 1 cup 39.37
Fish, haddock, cooked, dry heat 150 1 fillet 36.36
Fish, rockfish, Pacific, mixed species, cooked, dry heat 149 1 fillet 35.82
Chicken, broilers, fryers, breast, meat and skin 140 1/2 breast 34.78
Fast foods, hamburger, large, double patty 226 1 sandwich 34.28
Fish, tuna salad 205 1 cup 32.88
Cheeseburger, large, single meat patty, with bacon 195 1 sandwich 32.00
Fast foods, hamburger, regular, double patty 215 1 sandwich 31.82
Fast foods, taco 263 1 large 31.77
Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat and skin 98 1/2 breast 31.20
Cheese, cottage, lowfat, 2% milkfat 226 1 cup 31.05
Chicken, canned, meat only, with broth 142 5 oz 30.91
Veal, leg (top round), separable lean and fat 85 3 oz 30.74
Fish, flatfish (flounder and sole species) 127 1 fillet 30.68
Turkey, all classes, giblets, cooked, simmered 145 1 cup 30.29
Lamb, domestic, shoulder, arm, separable lean only 85 3 oz 30.21
Fast foods, submarine sandwich, with tuna salad 256 1sandwich,6"roll 29.70
Fast foods, submarine sandwich, with roast beef 216 1sandwich,6"roll 28.64
Soybeans, mature cooked, boiled, without salt 172 1 cup 28.62
Fast foods, cheeseburger, large, single patty 219 1 sandwich 28.19
Cheese, ricotta, part skim milk 246 1 cup 28.02
Cheese, cottage, lowfat, 1% milkfat 226 1 cup 28.00
Crustaceans, crab, blue, canned 135 1 cup 27.70
Cheese, ricotta, whole milk 246 1 cup 27.70
Fast foods, cheeseburger, regular, double patty, plain 155 1 sandwich 27.67
Chicken, broilers or fryers, light meat, meat only 84 3 oz 27.57
Pork, fresh, shoulder, arm picnic, separable lean only 85 3 oz 27.42
Pork, fresh, loin, center loin, bone-in, separable lean 85 3 oz 27.35
Fish, swordfish, cooked, dry heat 106 1 piece 26.91
Beef, round, bottom round, separable lean only 85 3 oz 26.85
Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only 86 1/2 breast 26.68
Beef, chuck, blade roast, separable lean only 85 3 oz 26.40
Cheese, cottage, creamed, large or small curd 210 1 cup 26.23
Sandwiches and hamburger, large, single meat patty 218 1 sandwich 25.83
Lamb, shoulder, arm, separable lean and fat, 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, braised 85 3 oz 25.83
Beef, top sirloin, separable lean only, 1/4" fat, all grades,cooked, broiled 85 85 25.81
Pork, fresh, loin, center loin (chops), bone-in, separable lean only, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 25.66
Lamb, domestic, loin, separable lean only, 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz
Fish, tuna, yellowfin, fresh, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 25.47
Pork, fresh, loin, center loin (chops), bone-in, separable lean and fat, cooked, pan-fried 85 3 oz 25.42
Turkey, all classes, light meat, cooked, roasted 84 3 oz 25.12
Cheese sauce, prepared from recipe 243 1 cup 25.10
Cheese, cottage, nonfat, un creamed, dry, large or small curd 145 1 cup 25.04
Pork, fresh, leg (ham), whole, separable lean only, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 25.00
Fish, tuna, light, canned in oil, drained solids 85.05 3 oz 24.78
Beef, round, eye of round, separable lean only, 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 24.64
Fast foods, chili con carne 253 1 cup 24.62
Pork, fresh, loin, center rib (roasts), bone-in, separable lean only, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 24.41
Pork, fresh, loin, center loin (chops), bone-in, separable lean and fat, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 24.40
Chicken, broilers or fryers, dark meat, meat only, cooked, fried 84 24.35
Milk, canned, condensed, sweetened 306 1 cup 24.20
Cheese, cottage, creamed, with fruit 226 1 cup 24.16
Fast foods, chicken fillet sandwich, plain 182 1 sandwich 24.12
Lamb, domestic, leg, whole (shank and sirloin), separable lean only, 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 24.06
Turkey, all classes, dark meat, cooked, roasted 84 3 oz 24.00
Pork, fresh, shoulder, arm picnic, separable lean and fat, cooked, braised 85 3 oz 23.79
Beef, top sirloin, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 23.64
Pork, fresh, loin, center rib (roasts), bone-in, separable lean and fat, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 23.32
Fish, salmon, sockeye, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 23.21
Beef, rib, whole (ribs 6-12), separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 23.16
Beef, cured, corned beef, canned 85.05 3 oz 23.05
Pork, fresh, leg (ham), whole, separable lean and fat, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 22.81
Beef, round, eye of round, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 22.77
Fish, halibut, Atlantic and Pacific, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 22.69
Beef, chuck, blade roast, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, braised 85 3 oz 22.58
Beef, variety meats and byproducts, liver, cooked, pan-fried 85 3 oz 22.54
Poultry food products, ground turkey, cooked 82 1 patty 22.44
Lamb, domestic, rib, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 22.24
Soybeans, green, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt 180 1 cup 22.23
WORTHINGTON FOODS, MORNINGSTAR FARMS "Burger"Crumbles 110 1 cup 22.15
Fast foods, cheeseburger, regular, double patty and bun, plain 160 1 sandwich 22.13
Couscous, dry 173 1 cup 22.07
Beef, ground, 85% lean meat / 15% fat, patty, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 22.04
Beef, ground, 80% lean meat / 20% fat, patty, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 21.89
Fast foods, submarine sandwich, with cold cuts 228 1sandwich-6" roll 21.84
Beef, ground, 75% lean meat / 25% fat, patty, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 21.73
Mollusks, clam, mixed species, canned, drained solids 85 3 oz 21.72
Lamb, domestic, leg, whole (shank and sirloin), separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 21.72
Fish, tuna, light, canned in water, drained solids 85 3 oz 21.68
Fast foods, roast beef sandwich, plain 139 1 sandwich 21.50
Lamb, domestic, loin, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, choice, cooked, broiled 85 3 oz 21.39
Pork, cured, ham, whole, separable lean only, roasted 85 3 oz 21.29
Fast foods, cheeseburger, regular, double patty, with condiments and vegetables 166 1 sandwich 21.25
Fish, sardine, Atlantic, canned in oil, drained solids with bone 85.05 3 oz 20.94
Snacks, trail mix, regular, with chocolate chips, salted nuts and seeds 146 1 cup 20.73
Fast foods, taco 171 1 small 20.66
Fish, trout, rainbow, farmed, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 20.63
Pork, fresh, back ribs, separable lean and fat, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 20.62
Fast foods, fish sandwich, with tartar sauce and cheese 183 1 sandwich 20.61
Fish, haddock, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 20.60
Fish, flatfish (flounder and sole species), cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 20.54
Fish, rockfish, Pacific, mixed species, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 20.43
Veal, rib, separable lean and fat, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 20.37
Fish, ocean perch, Atlantic, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 20.30
Pork, fresh, loin, country-style ribs, separable lean and fat, cooked, braised 85 3 oz 20.29
Chili con carne with beans, canned entree 222 1 cup 20.18
Fish, tuna, white, canned in water, drained solids 85 3 oz 20.08
Fish, pollock, walleye, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 19.98
Barley, pearled, raw 200 1 cup 19.82
Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, canned 85.05 3 oz 19.63
Fast foods, chimichanga, with beef 174 1 chimichanga 19.61
Fish, cod, Pacific, cooked, dry heat 85 3 oz 19.51
Fish, cod, Atlantic, canned, solids and liquid 85 3 oz 19.35
Milk, canned, evaporated, nonfat 256 1 cup 19.33
Breakfast items, biscuit with egg and sausage 180 1 biscuit 19.15
Beef, rib, whole (ribs 6-12), separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, cooked, roasted 85 3 oz 19.13
Beans, white, mature seeds, canned 262 1 cup 19.02
Fast foods, shrimp, breaded and fried 164 6-8 shrimp 18.88
Chicken, broilers or fryers, thigh, meat and skin, cooked, fried, batter 86 1 thigh 18.58
Pork, cured, ham, whole, separable lean and fat, roasted 85 3 oz 18.33
Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, cooked, breaded and fried 85 3 oz 18.18
Turkey roast, boneless, frozen, seasoned, light and dark meat, roasted 85.05 3 oz 18.13
Fast foods, chicken, breaded and fried, boneless

YMCA4ThisChick
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
LOW PROTEIN LIST

1 ounce Chicken- dark meat, skin removed
1 ounce Turkey- dark meat, skin removed
1 ounce Salmon, Swordfish, herring
1 ounce Lean beef (flank steak, London broil, tenderloin, roast beef)*
1 ounce Veal, roast or lean chop*
1 ounce Lamb, roast or lean chop*
1 ounce Pork, tenderloin or fresh ham*
1 ounce Low fat cheese (3 grams or less of fat per ounce)
1 ounce Low fat luncheon meats (with 3 grams or less of fat per ounce)
1/4 cup 4.5% cottage cheese
2 medium Sardines
1 ounce Turkey breast or chicken breast, skin removed
1 ounce Fish fillet (flounder, sole, scrod, cod, etc.)
1 ounce Canned tuna in water
1 ounce Shellfish (clams, lobster, scallop, shrimp)
3/4 cup Cottage cheese, non fat or low fat
2 each Egg whites
1/4 cup Egg substitute
1 ounce Fat-free cheese
1/2 cup Beans- cooked (black beans, kidney, chick peas or lentils): count as 1 starch/bread and 1 very lean protein

YMCA4ThisChick
10-10-2007, 05:05 PM
LOW CALORIE FRUITS

1 small Apple, orange, nectarine
1 medium Fresh peach
1/2 Grapefruit
1 cup Fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries)
4 ounces Unsweetened Juice
4 teaspoons Jelly or Jam

LOW CALORIE VEGGIES
__________________________________________________ ____

1/2 cup Cooked vegetables (carrots, broc****, zucchini, cabbage, etc.)
1 cup Raw vegetables or salad greens
1/2 cup Vegetable juice
If you're hungry, eat more fresh or steamed vegetables.

chrischap01
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
HeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw........... Another pound lost!!!

The carbcycling plan is going great too.

congrats! just goes to show that if you stick to doing what you need ot do it will pay off. everyone hits walls now and then, good for you that you stuck with it and made it to the other side!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I did my walk tonight and what I did was walked to the store and bought two gallons of water and took them home, smile. . . How much weight is that? Diet is still working out and all is good.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-13-2007, 10:48 PM
For starters, I found that two gallons of water are over 16 pounds.

The carb cycling is going great still, however I was starving tonight and ate a bit of cottage cheese and grapes with a french bread pizza ( bad, bad ), but its the only hungry day I have had since I started the diet, so I am not discouraged too badly. I am sure that my lack of sleep the past couple of days called for some extra energy.

Instead of walking / jogging tonight, I did a walking / cycling pattern. Does anybody know of a soft seat that I could benefit from, because I will not be able to keep up the bike riding with the pain it causes my rump. Tonights exercise was a hit!

I havent lost anymore weight yet, been a few days since the scale has moved. I havent lost any inches either, only gained them. I am not sure why, as my diet has not changed and I havent cheated until tonight. Can anybody recommend an exercise that will help move the plateau out of my way within a couple of days time?

H E L P !!!!!
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Did my walk, but skipped out on the bike. When I got on it I was just too bruised from last nights ride.

Can anyone tell me if its okay to eat an extra meal, when your sleep schedule requires you to be awake an additional 4 hours a day? My carbcycling was going really good as far as keeping me satisfied, until the extra time was added to my day. Now I am hungry.

ILIFT!
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
All I can say is I'm the most impressed when I see someone less fit, at the gym, working as hard as they can, staying consistant and determained, towards their goal. Keep givn'r.

chrischap01
10-15-2007, 05:25 AM
Did my walk, but skipped out on the bike. When I got on it I was just too bruised from last nights ride.

Can anyone tell me if its okay to eat an extra meal, when your sleep schedule requires you to be awake an additional 4 hours a day? My carbcycling was going really good as far as keeping me satisfied, until the extra time was added to my day. Now I am hungry.
i'd stick to your calorie requirements, but maybe divide it up further to create an extra meal.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-15-2007, 10:11 AM
' i'd stick to your calorie requirements, but maybe divide it up further to create an extra meal. "

Afternoon to you, Chris...
I really cant divide it up anymore than I do, since I make six meals out of barely anything as it is, lol. But you are right, I need to stick to my numbers. Thank you, Chris.

chrischap01
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
maybe try something wil little or no calories as a snack - celery, broc****, etc.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Thank you Chris,

I totally forgot that the carb cycling diet said if I was still hungry to eat more veggies. I am so stressed out I cant even think straight. Thanks again.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I just got home from te gym and I worked it hard. I saw a machine tonight that I dont recall ever seeing before, so when I get a lil more fit, I will want to use it. I am still going for my walk too, so I am good to go for the night.

The carb cycling has been fabulous again, since I have started adding more veggies to my meals.

My goal was to lose 12 pounds by Oct 31st, but I have what...13 days left 'til then? I only need t o lose 4 more pounds to make that goal, but I dont "feel" like it's gonna happen for me. I want to see some numbers in my favor.

2 Corinthians 5:7 *FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT :)

Freddie Beef
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I just got home from te gym and I worked it hard. I saw a machine tonight that I dont recall ever seeing before, so when I get a lil more fit, I will want to use it. I am still going for my walk too, so I am good to go for the night.

The carb cycling has been fabulous again, since I have started adding more veggies to my meals.

My goal was to lose 12 pounds by Oct 31st, but I have what...13 days left 'til then? I only need t o lose 4 more pounds to make that goal, but I dont "feel" like it's gonna happen for me. I want to see some numbers in my favor.

2 Corinthians 5:7 *FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT :)

So you got 4 pounds to lose in 13 days...YOU GOT THIS!!!!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Be safe when you go walking/biking/jogging.

YOU COULD GET ATTACKED BY A COUPLE OF BOXER/PIT BULL DOGS!

Yes I am okay, thank GOD but please take something with you for added protection. It could happen to you.

chrischap01
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
alright, you need to add more detail to this story. glad you are ok...

YMCA4ThisChick
10-20-2007, 12:56 AM
On my walk last night, my sister and I were approached from behind by two dogs. Turned out they left us alone. But I did call the police and , well...lets just say I had to call back. But My sister and I walked home and drove back over there and found those dogs sniffing around one paticular house, so again I called the police and finally with police cooperation the dogs were returned to the owners.

I was not a happy camper about the lack of police cooperation. As nice as those pups were at the moment, one can turn in a heart beat and kill someone. When I was walking my son home from kindergaten one afternoon ( 11 yrs ago ), we were both jumped by a dobermen and I almost smothered my son to death trying to save his life, so I do not take a liking to any dog that isnt mine. It didnt take long for a man to come out of his house and saved us. He shot the dog with his shot gun. My hero.

Now, with that all said...
I had to make a U Turn at a neighborhood church tonight and their billboard thing said that they have a guest coming Sunday. He is a weightlifter by the name of Paul Wrenn. I tried to get more info on him online with no luck. Does anybody know who he is or if he is worth going to see?

Please get back to me,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-20-2007, 06:28 AM
well that first post was a little overly dramatic it seems ;)

according to google, paul wrenn was a powerlifter and was the "world's strongest man" back in the early 80's.

Freddie Beef
10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
I dont trust dogs...........

YMCA4ThisChick
10-20-2007, 09:35 AM
" well that first post was a little overly dramatic it seems "

So sorry it seemed that way. I actually tried to make the "take protection" part the safety reminder and tried to stay brief and to the point with the rest oof the story.

Anyway...From the 80s? Interesting. He must be old and wrinkly now. I wonder what he is doing here, LOL. Just kidding. Ahem, cough...cough.

Juliet.

chrischap01
10-23-2007, 10:34 PM
how's it going?

YMCA4ThisChick
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Good evening Chris,
It's going. My refrigerator broke. Yay.

chrischap01
10-24-2007, 05:37 AM
bummer

YMCA4ThisChick
10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey Chris,
I am sorry for the miniature post last night as I was very busy and not in a good mood, lol. I am better today. Sears is here as we speak replacing the refrigerator motor. It took them three days to get here :( and all of my food was spoiled. I had to toss about 75.00 dollars worth of food and will not be able to financially afford more until mid next month, since I just bought all that stuff recently. I hope my gramma can help with that part. Since I did not have food.... myself, mama and my sister went out to eat at Teds restaurant, have you heard of it? They have natural foods on the menu. I hope one day they will offer organic food too, but in the mean time it was what I needed. I ate a salad and a baked potato. I picked off all the bacon, YUK!

How is work, diet, exercise and so forth going for you, Chris?

I have not been on a walk, probably since the fridge issue. Along with the fridge my feet and ankles went out of order. The swelling is terrible. Makes it hard to walk as it causes too much pressure. I am calling today to make an appointment with my doctor, again, for this problem. It could very well be that my Synthroid medication needs to be increased.

I am sure I can whip out some exercise stuff here at home. My sister has some weights I can work with off of my feet.

SO HOW DID I GO FROM GETTING 4 GREEN REPS TO GETTING 6 RED ONES IN ONLY ONE NIGHT? I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON IT, BUT I AM CONFUSED. SINCE I AM A NEW USER, WERE THE GREEN ONES JUST FOR NOTHING? DO THE RED ONES MEAN I AM INITIALLY NOT A NEW USER? AND I NEVER SAW ANY OF THE GREY DOTS ON MY REPS IT MENTIONED OR DOES SOMEONE JUST HATE MY GUTTS AND RUINE MY REUTATION?

Haha, sheesh. This is sooo funny. ROFLMBO! Memories of school!
Blessings to all, and to all a great day!
Juliet.

Blessings your way,
Juliet.

chrischap01
10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
everything is going great for me. well, there is not much in the way of employment right now, but diet adn exercise and life in general are fan-freaking-tastic!

sorry about the food and the fridge and the feet, hope you can back on track soon!

Freddie Beef
10-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Well, me sons pinkie toe is doing much better now. My left hand is probably going to need some time to heal. My only concerns with it are my Upright Rows, and Barbell curls, I dunno if I can do them. Yeah I did get your idea bout the turkey breast. And here is the link for the lose fat like you are on crack routine.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/marc_mcdougal/lose_fat

chrischap01
10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
thanks for the link fred!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
" And here is the link for the lose fat like you are on crack routine. " Thank you for that link TooBigFred! Nice to hear from you for a change, lol. Talk soon?

Have a fabulouso day, whatever that may mean to you,
Juliet.

I am having my turkey, veggies and Odwalla SuperFood as we speak, for breakfast. So nice to grab cold food from the fridge again, Whew! I am also glad I can say that I have missed my diet food, and am happy to have it back in the house. The swelling in my feet/ankles has mysteriously diappeared during the night, so I am going to STILL workout at home today and then walk tonight. I was looking at my bike today and I wish I could ride it, but I just can't handle the pain in my butt, lol.

Have a good one all y'all,
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
but I just can't handle the pain in my butt

HAHA...yeah, I havnet had much post time here lately. I will try to stop by more often. Glad to hear that your feet are not swollen anymore. KEEP IT UP!!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Hello. I have not posted for a few days, simply because I am not falling thru with my diet and exercise. I have increased both of my serving sizes for veggies and then turkey...now I am overeating both of those parts of my meals. I can not tolerate the feel of hunger. I know I need to sacrifice my hunger for health, I just haven't mastered how to do that yet. I have always been a veggie eater, but now I have consumed more veggies than ever, and I have never been much of a meat eater, but I eat more turkey now than I have in my whole life. I will NOT eat any other kind of meat, which is why I only mentioned the turkey.

I took the week off walking. In part due to laziness and also because that laziness was provoked from my bout of swollen feet and ankles. This all just really sux. I also never did use my sisters weights like I said I was going to do either.

I can't stand myself right now.

Freddie Beef
10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello. I have not posted for a few days, simply because I am not falling thru with my diet and exercise. I have increased both of my serving sizes for veggies and then turkey...now I am overeating both of those parts of my meals. I can not tolerate the feel of hunger. I know I need to sacrifice my hunger for health, I just haven't mastered how to do that yet. I have always been a veggie eater, but now I have consumed more veggies than ever, and I have never been much of a meat eater, but I eat more turkey now than I have in my whole life. I will NOT eat any other kind of meat, which is why I only mentioned the turkey.

I took the week off walking. In part due to laziness and also because that laziness was provoked from my bout of swollen feet and ankles. This all just really sux. I also never did use my sisters weights like I said I was going to do either.

One very important thing I must point out dear.....you have stepped up and admitted defeat. You admitted you fell on your ass. Know, all you gotta do is get back up, dust yourself off, and get moving again. ITs not about how many times we fall down, it is about how fast we get up!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

chrischap01
10-28-2007, 12:35 PM

don't sweat it, you know what to do you just gotta get yourself to do it. it is hard to make big changes like this, so just do it the best you can. If you need to change one bad habit every week and that is the best way for you to stick this out over the long haul, then do that.

It took me years to learn to do it. I would always try to go all out and work out every day and eat healthy all the time, and it would not take long for me to quit. what ended up working was deciding to take it in steps. Improve a little in terms of diet and exercise every week or two. Then it was not so daunting and it has stuck now for over a year. I am still working to improve little things all the time, and never dreamed I could be as disciplined as I am now (and I still have a long way to go to be the best I can be!).

One thing that helped me get over the hunger was several smaller meals. eating every 2-3 hours instead of 2-3 larger meals every 5-6 hours made a huge difference in terms of my hunger and ability to force myself to make the right choices at mealtime!

Adina
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Well....I can stand you enough for both of us! I have not looked back through your posts or at your profile. I just stumbled across this message.

I have lost 121 pounds. I had a LOT of days where I felt like what you described. You will have a lot more.

Hang in there. I'm proud of you...and I'm pulling for you!

You can do it!!

Adina

YMCA4ThisChick
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
TooBigFred: One very important thing I must point out dear.....you have stepped up and admitted defeat. You admitted you fell on your ass. Know, all you gotta do is get back up, dust yourself off, and get moving again. ITs not about how many times we fall down, it is about how fast we get up!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

:) THANK YPU TOOBIGFRED FOR YOUR SUPPORT. ALL OF THE FEED BACK I GET FROM YOU GUYS ARE VERY HELPFUL TO ME. THANK YOU AGAIN.

ChrisChap01: don't sweat it, you know what to do you just gotta get yourself to do it. it is hard to make big changes like this, so just do it the best you can. If you need to change one bad habit every week and that is the best way for you to stick this out over the long haul, then do that.

It took me years to learn to do it. I would always try to go all out and work out every day and eat healthy all the time, and it would not take long for me to quit. what ended up working was deciding to take it in steps. Improve a little in terms of diet and exercise every week or two. Then it was not so daunting and it has stuck now for over a year. I am still working to improve little things all the time, and never dreamed I could be as disciplined as I am now (and I still have a long way to go to be the best I can be!).

One thing that helped me get over the hunger was several smaller meals. eating every 2-3 hours instead of 2-3 larger meals every 5-6 hours made a huge difference in terms of my hunger and ability to force myself to make the right choices at mealtime!

:) HI CHRIS, I AM MOVED BY YOUR SELF DISIPLINE. YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP TO ME. I DO NEED TO MAKE SURE I GET BACK UP AND EXERCISE. I MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PULL OFF MY END OF OCTOBER GOAL IF I HAD NOT TAKEN A WEEK OFF OF EXERCISING. I HAVE BEEN EATING SIX TIMES A DAY, EVER SINCE I STARTED THE CARB CYCLING, PROBLEM IS, I HAVE ADDED TOO MUCH TO EACH SITTING, BECAUSE I CAN'T GET SATISFIED LATELY. URRR. I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING DICIPLINED LIKE YOU ARE.

Adina: Well....I can stand you enough for both of us! I have not looked back through your posts or at your profile. I just stumbled across this message.

I have lost 121 pounds. I had a LOT of days where I felt like what you described. You will have a lot more.

Hang in there. I'm proud of you...and I'm pulling for you!

You can do it!!

Adina

:) HEHE, HELLO ADINA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ADDING YOUR POST TO ME. I HAVE READ YOUR PROFILE AND YOU ARE AWESOME! THE BLOG YOU WROTE ABOUT YOUR PANTIES WAS WORTH A MILLION BUX! PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME. JULIET.

bigpopa71
10-28-2007, 11:51 PM

Love yourself right now. For years I tried to go on diets with little effort and poor results. I told myself its to hard and I love food too much. More than my life I guess because nothing could change my bad eating habits. plain and simple food brought me comfort. At least until I was done eating and then came the depression of being fat right after a bad meal. 18 years of that bull****. Until April 30th 2005, that was the day I changed for good. I wanted my body to match my personality. We big people tend to be some of the best people on the planet,kind, caring and full of love and support for people we care about. Im not a fat guy anymore but my heart is as fat as it ever was. I will never change who I am but this shell that i live in is gonna be the best I can make it. I want you to experience this side of life because the world over here is a much better place.Its not so much about how people see you after weight loss, Its how you see yourself. Imagine your outside matching that inside. Wouldnt that be great, all thats stopping you is you. If your not injured you need to be working out. Drink more water to satisfy your appetite. Everything thats holding you back is all mental.You didnt fall on your ass you just had a set back. You havent failed until you quit. Get up and get this thing done.

chrischap01
10-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Love yourself right now. For years I tried to go on diets with little effort and poor results. I told myself its to hard and I love food too much. More than my life I guess because nothing could change my bad eating habits. plain and simple food brought me comfort. At least until I was done eating and then came the depression of being fat right after a bad meal. 18 years of that bull****. Until April 30th 2005, that was the day I changed for good. I wanted my body to match my personality. We big people tend to be some of the best people on the planet,kind, caring and full of love and support for people we care about. Im not a fat guy anymore but my heart is as fat as it ever was. I will never change who I am but this shell that i live in is gonna be the best I can make it. I want you to experience this side of life because the world over here is a much better place.Its not so much about how people see you after weight loss, Its how you see yourself. Imagine your outside matching that inside. Wouldnt that be great, all thats stopping you is you. If your not injured you need to be working out. Drink more water to satisfy your appetite. Everything thats holding you back is all mental.You didnt fall on your ass you just had a set back. You havent failed until you quit. Get up and get this thing done.
great post! reps owed...

YMCA4ThisChick
10-29-2007, 08:35 AM
So when y'all's ( lol ) talking about squats, do you mean simply stand squat stand squat pattern? If that's right, I did ten when I woke up and almost passed out, lol! Those are hard to do at my size, hehe. I just kept thinking of what TBF said " GET BACK UP FAST, GET BACK UP FAST, GET BACK UP FAST " Man o Man. Anyway- I think I will keep doing those thru the day today and see how it goes.

chrischap01
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
barbell squat:
http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Quadriceps/BBFullSquat.gif

for body weight squats, do the above with no barbell on your back!

YMCA4ThisChick
10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks Chris, that couldn't be more visually clearer than that! Haha. I still don't know how to put images on like that. I tried with Zoolander, but oh well.

Doing squats now. . . .

Juliet.

Freddie Beef
10-29-2007, 09:52 PM
So when y'all's ( lol ) talking about squats, do you mean simply stand squat stand squat pattern? If that's right, I did ten when I woke up and almost passed out, lol! Those are hard to do at my size, hehe. I just kept thinking of what TBF said " GET BACK UP FAST, GET BACK UP FAST, GET BACK UP FAST " Man o Man. Anyway- I think I will keep doing those thru the day today and see how it goes.

I just started doin squats again. My goal is to squat 375. I am at 165 right now. I do bodyweight lunges too. Sumthin you might want to think about.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
TBF,

Are you saying that you squat 165 times? or squat with 165 pound weights? Cause I did only ten squats yesterday and my legs will barely move today, haha! And that was without weights! Goodness. And I will look up lunges on that link below on that image Chris posted about squats, thank you TBF!

Freddie Beef
10-30-2007, 09:02 AM
TBF,

Are you saying that you squat 165 times? or squat with 165 pound weights? Cause I did only ten squats yesterday and my legs will barely move today, haha! And that was without weights! Goodness. And I will look up lunges on that link below on that image Chris posted about squats, thank you TBF!

OH!!! 165 pounds, but yeah. longes will really work those legs. At first you might not be able to do them in a full range of motion(cuz I cant right now...lol) But they work the whole leg/butt area.

chrischap01
10-30-2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Quadriceps/DBLunge.gif

YMCA4ThisChick
10-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Okay, ty Chris. I saw that exrx.net on the first image you posted me, so I knew I could look it up there. Thank you for doing the work for me though. Hehe. I saved that web site too. It has a lotta stuff on their I have been wanting to know about. I read about several exercises so far. I saw some images on there that were what I have used at the gym, so it was helpful as far as how I am suppose to use the equipment properly. I was just confused is all, as far as TBF was concerned, cause I wasn't sure if he did his squats 165 times or if he meant he was doing squats with 165 pound weights.

I did one set of ten squats today and will do one more set of ten before the day is over. Tomorrow I will do three sets of ten. My legs are killin me from yesterday though, Gz.

I got a good workout in the garage today though. I organized it and swept it and mopped it twice . . . Nice sweaty workout there. Took me 2 1/2 hours to do that. Then I washed the washer and dryer. Today is a big house cleaning day again.

Have a nice day.
Juliet.

I think I want to recommend y'all watch Mr Brooks. I think it's a new release. It was a good movie.

chrischap01
10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
this site, bodybuilding.com, has an excellent exercise guide section with videos as well.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Chris, my computer doesn't like to open the videos. So its all luck when I can view them.

YMCA4ThisChick
10-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I did my three sets of ten squats today . . . Tomorrow I will pick up four sets. My legs and buns have been sore, but always feel better after a set, temporarily better. :)

I was going to go to the gym, but for some reason, this Halloween has been very busy with Trick or Treaters, so I stayed home to avoid, runnin over some kids or into a drunk drivers path. Hehe. Maybe tomorrow night is best.

Blessings,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Did my four sets today, will do five tomorrow. No gym tonight, I am going to the Casba, a belly dancing cafe, with my sister who is bringing an interesting old man christian. Oh and my ex husband has also arrived from Colorado, so I did get much exercise in today as I showed him how to get around Jacksonville. Been fun, but he needs to hurry up and get out, lol. Blessings. Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-02-2007, 02:45 PM
did my belly dancing today, oops, I mean squatting, haha... I am not sure what to think of this squatting, because at first it was making my legs sore, so I knew it was doing something, but now it doesn't do that. I need to increase how many I do and go from there.

I will be going to the gym in a few hours. Now that Paul Sr. is here, I can pass some of my responsibilities with the kids over to him now, yay! Which will free up some time for me to leave and work out.

Blessings,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I went to the gym tonight, yay. I have gained 13 pounds, not so yay. I did that carbcycling diet for at least 3 or 4 weeks, plus different kinds of exercises. I am not happy. Did my 50 squats today, and will do 60 tomorrow.

chrischap01
11-03-2007, 06:07 AM
your post made me think, so this is not just directed at you:

i think when you are starting out, the best diet is just a normal healthy one. get used to eating the correct amount of food for you, get used to making healthy choices. once you learn how to do those things and your body adapts to it, then you can tweak it by trying something like carb cycling or keto or intermittent fasting, etc. i think it is important to have that solid, healthy foundation to build on. most of us got fat in the first place because of the way we eat, so we have to chage that if we want to ha ve long term success and avoid returning to our old bad habits. my two cents...

YMCA4ThisChick
11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you Chris,

Yes, I agree with you that the diet should remain normal and healthy, which is why I did what I did with this carb cycling. . I changed my way of eating over a year ago, as far as cutting out junk foods and switching to all organic and balanced meals. I learned how to pay attention to the packages . . . When Malt-o- Meal says three tablespoons is one serving, thats what I use not 4 , or a serving of milk is 8 ounces not 9 and so forth, on top of making sure that I was incorporating all food groups with each meal. I hate to admit this as a fact for me, but I am believing that my thyroid is just shot and with that being such a big influence on my metabolism and such, am am stuck. I can however, be thankful that even if I don't ever lose the weight, I at least have gained muscle and have also at least established a steady healthy diet in my life.

Blessings-
Juliet.

chrischap01
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
have you been to the doctor about the thyroid? that is usually treatable!

more important than food groups, organics, and "balance" is calories and ratios of protein, fat, and carbs. focus on those things. I was shocked when I sat down and actually counted how many calories i was taking in, and how much of it was empty in the form of fat and simple carbs. i try to eat organic foods, but keep in mind that organic food is not diet food. organic fat is no better than processed fat in terms of impact on the waistline!

i don't mean to pick on you, and you may already do a great job of all the things i am suggesting, i just see some things that remind me of mistakes i've made, so i thought i would chime in!

YMCA4ThisChick
11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Chris,

I was sure you had read my profile by now . . . yes, of course I have been to a doctor, hehe. I know the organic foods arent for losing weight, but because I almost died, I changed to organic foods, which are healthier in a whole food sense, but the calories are still there, yes. You are a great help to me Chris, thank you!

Juliet.

Goalie_Girl
11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Just did a read through of this. I wish you good luck. It's definately gonna be long and tough but if you stick with it I'm sure good things will happen. As another girl on a fat loss mission I'm rooting for you!

chrischap01
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
of course i read it, but it has been a while. sorry!

YMCA4ThisChick
11-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Chris,

Goodness, lol. Hehe, I forgive ya! I still like ya, I don't care what they say about ya, lol.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I am still doing squats, YMCA and have yet to decide what to do about the dieting.
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-07-2007, 07:44 AM
I did squats all day yesterday, went hiking, did squats all day, did a neighborhood walk, and did I mention I did squats all day? The 13 pounds I gained, I have now lost. Hmmm. Diet is still undecided, but I have just been takin it easy with liquids. Have a nice day!
Juliet.

chrischap01
11-07-2007, 08:31 AM
nice job on the 13 pounds, keep it up!!

Freddie Beef
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
I did squats all day yesterday, went hiking, did squats all day, did a neighborhood walk, and did I mention I did squats all day? The 13 pounds I gained, I have now lost. Hmmm. Diet is still undecided, but I have just been takin it easy with liquids. Have a nice day!
Juliet.

Sorry I havent checked in for a while, been busy, wifey in the hospital. But congrats on the 13 pounds!! Proud of ya!!

YMCA4ThisChick
11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
ty both Chris and TBF, and TBF, is the wife well, now?

Freddie Beef
11-08-2007, 07:41 AM
ty both Chris and TBF, and TBF, is the wife well, now?

Not yet, she will be hospitalized till at least friday. She had her appendix taken out, but she also has a bowel infection and diverticulitus(spelling?) So she is on the mend, but not well.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
" Not yet, she will be hospitalized till at least friday. She had her appendix taken out, but she also has a bowel infection and diverticulitus(spelling?) So she is on the mend, but not well. "

Appendix, yikes. The bowel and diverticulitis are obviously both colon issues. I have diverticulitis myself. I did a colon cleanse and have not had one single flare up for a year now. She may want to consider that and request one from her doctor or elsewhere. Very painful. I feel for her on all three problems.

Will keep her tucked into my prayers. Blessings to you and yours,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
OKay, so I did some research on various diet meals such as Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, etc.

.... and found that the only one that isn't bragging about their "popularity" and "profits" and who they "compete" against, is Healthy Choice because of the reasoning behind creating healthy meals for us.

I think this may be better for me ( even if it's not organic ) for the time being, until I reach a better understanding of healthy measurements of calorie intake and portion sizes and such.

So wish me much luck!

PS,
and I also found out that Stouffer's and Healthy Choice are the same people, which I respect for Stouffer's efforts to delete added ingredients that are harmful to our health, such as preservatives.

OK ok ok , Blessings!
Juliet.

Goalie_Girl
11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Sounds good. It's an ok option till you research on calories and portion sizes. If you want a straight forward book with good advice and easy to grasp ideas on nutrition read "YOU On A Diet". It's a great book for the person who wants to eat healthy but not necessarily worry bout carbs, and grams and fat types, and all that. Its basic and thourough. Thats what I use. Good luck!

chrischap01
11-11-2007, 08:00 AM
another very good resource is "The Abs Diet." They also have "The Abs Diet for Women" but I don't know what is different about it or how good it is.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Where is everybody? Hehe. I am doing okay. I am still hungry, but using Healthy Choice has been a good way to get familiar with my food portions, as I had hoped it would. With the carb cycling I was way outta control trying to use more and more veggies to fill up my hunger, but this way I am not in control of serving myself what I want, and if I do add an extra...I can eyeball how overboard I am going. I added in a couple of snacks, Healthy Choice Fudge Bars and Organic Granola Bars to help fill me up. That's pretty much it for now, other than the 10.6 % change in my hips, which is 7 inches for me.

Blessings,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Finally, one holiday gone... I did good enough. I am proud to announce I did NOT eat too much and made sure I stopped when I wasn't hungry anymore. My favorites for the holidays are: my home made egg nog, sweet potato crunch, and stuffing and of the three mentioned I didn't touch the stuffing, heehaw!

chrischap01
11-23-2007, 07:17 AM
good job!

are you still doing squats all day? i have only gotten in a handful of workouts the last few weeks and I am really feeling it. i can't wait to get back on my normal schedule!

YMCA4ThisChick
11-23-2007, 10:32 AM
No I havent been doing squats for over a week, as I had the flu. Goodness, I was wiped out. I just started feeling better yesterday, thank goodness. My car is still out of order too, but I was thinking about my families schedules. Perhaps I can ask mom to drop me off at the YMCA and my sister can pick me up from the YMCA at 11 pm. She gets off work at that time. Hopefully they will understand I NEED to be there! I went to bed last night dedicated to waking up this morning ( Lord willing ) with a new, refreshed mindset. I think I am feeling the after effects of no exercise myself. I was laying on my sisters bed last night ( messing with Limewire, lol ) and man o man, did I ever get a huge cramp in my foot and calf! PAIN~

Nice to hear from you again, Chris...

YMCA4ThisChick
11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I made it to the gym tonight and guess what? It was closed by four minutes. Hehe. Will do more squats, maybe take a walk, if my sister is home on time. Buddy system is safer.

chrischap01
11-26-2007, 11:01 PM
my gym time has been very limited, so i have gotten in some great cardio using jumping jacks, jumping rope, and climbing stairs. i highly recommend all of the above

YMCA4ThisChick
11-29-2007, 06:07 AM
I am looking forward to spending the next several days fitting a trip to the gym in at least a few times. I can't seem to stick to a controlled diet. I am not going to worry about it for now, as it seems that I am just up in the air about what will work for me best, hehe. It's not that I am over eating, it's just that I get bored and keep changing types of ways to eat or diet. The exercise I WILL worry about, since I do not get enough of it. I do struggle with that area. My mind is lazy when it comes to keeping focused. I love going to the gym, but since it has been a hardship for me to get there lately, I haven't had a upbeat mentality to get in a good exercise with what I can be doing at home. This is how I feel, haha:

This is the song that never ends.....
It just goes on and on my friends...
Some people, started singing it, not knowing what it meant
And I'll continue singin it forever just because
This is the song that never ends...

Can anyone remember who sang this song on a kids flick?

Freddie Beef
11-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Diet is 90% of the weightloss equation. Portion control is the key to success!!

YMCA4ThisChick
11-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Diet is 90% of the weightloss equation. Portion control is the key to success!!

Yes, It's not that I am NOT dieting, I am doing that 90%, it's just that I keep changing my preferences. However, I have not been as dedicated to exercising. I am afraid of losing weight from a successful change in eating habits and ending up a big ball of lose skin from lack of bodybuilding. So I really need and must get the exercise habits under submission.

bigpopa71
11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
The real truth of the matter is no matter how you lose weight you will have lose skin because of your size. Exercising will be a great help but some skin will be there. Its time to get this thing going. You should be more concerned with losing right now than thinking about lose skin. If you lost 20 pounds that would give you more motivation to get in that gym. Every success you have will increase your drive. We all know without a weight training program we will lose some muscle. But truthfully at your current weight you will not see much muscle loss with a hardcore diet. I know because I started this thing on a whole different level. Bodybuilding was not a major concern for me when I started I was more concerned with getting some fat off my body. With well over 200 pounds of fat just stting there it is very easy. We dont need the ultimate diet plan to do it. Kill the sugar, bread, pasta and any drinks other than water for three months. Limit your calories to 1800 to 2000 per day that includes beverages and watch the fat disapear. Like Fred said spread it out over 5 to 6 meals every 2 hours. Fat burning should be your main goal for two or three months with light lifting at high reps. I didnt even do any leg training for my first year. Why? Legs are your strongest muscle group, you have been supporting 300+ pounds on them for a while if you used the eliptical and or cross ramp and set raised the resistance up to a slight struggle while fat burning you a getting a great leg work out. Your main concentration should be Fat burning. We are close to the same age and Im telling you now is the time to dig in and do this, Its very easy but you have to lose that first 20 to 30 pounds. Then its off to the races. Your plan will become more detailed as you move forward and your goals will change, your habits will improve and your motivation will become as strong as steel but you need to get on the ball. Pronto!!!!!!!!

Freddie Beef
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with bigpopa, loose skin shouldnt even be a concern right now. Lose 100 pounds or more, and see what ya look like. In my case, I know I will have loose skin. I dont care, I lived the thin life, I enjoyed the beaches and the shirtless days. I have a son and a wife, I would rather have loose skin and enjoy my son growing up then be dead. Besides, it wont be as bad as you think. Just remember what you want. Loose skin or dead. Sorry to be so harsh, but we are not machines, we will breakdown and die sooner heavy. I have made my decision. You make yours.

YMCA4ThisChick
11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
The real truth of the matter is no matter how you lose weight you will have lose skin because of your size. Exercising will be a great help but some skin will be there. Its time to get this thing going. You should be more concerned with losing right now than thinking about lose skin. If you lost 20 pounds that would give you more motivation to get in that gym. Every success you have will increase your drive. We all know without a weight training program we will lose some muscle. But truthfully at your current weight you will not see much muscle loss with a hardcore diet. I know because I started this thing on a whole different level. Bodybuilding was not a major concern for me when I started I was more concerned with getting some fat off my body. With well over 200 pounds of fat just stting there it is very easy. We dont need the ultimate diet plan to do it. Kill the sugar, bread, pasta and any drinks other than water for three months. Limit your calories to 1800 to 2000 per day that includes beverages and watch the fat disapear. Like Fred said spread it out over 5 to 6 meals every 2 hours. Fat burning should be your main goal for two or three months with light lifting at high reps. I didnt even do any leg training for my first year. Why? Legs are your strongest muscle group, you have been supporting 300+ pounds on them for a while if you used the eliptical and or cross ramp and set raised the resistance up to a slight struggle while fat burning you a getting a great leg work out. Your main concentration should be Fat burning. We are close to the same age and Im telling you now is the time to dig in and do this, Its very easy but you have to lose that first 20 to 30 pounds. Then its off to the races. Your plan will become more detailed as you move forward and your goals will change, your habits will improve and your motivation will become as strong as steel but you need to get on the ball. Pronto!!!!!!!!

About the lose skin...I had lost 80 pounds once before and did not have the lose skin problem, but because I grew again, I am afraid that may trigger the lose skin this time around. I am hopeful that it wont happen, since it didnt the first time.

I am definately more concerned with losing weight right now, more than lose skin, the prob is that I am not mentally motivated to exercise at home, just at the gym for some reason. Please note, that I would be in the gym if I could get there, which is why I arranged to have family take me while my car is out of order. I made this arrangement last week, because my car has been broken for a few weeks now and it was keeping me from the gym. Please chill out on my lose skin comment- it was not my biggest issue as the exercise part is.So since its not losing 20 pounds that will motivate me to get to the gym, its my ride.

I agree with cutting out the bread, sugar, pasta and sodas...I cant remember the last time I ate like that. I am more of a soup and veggie eater and thankfully have never had an attraction to breads and pastas or meats. Also, my main drinks are filtered water, sodium free sparkling water an occassional tea and superfood by odwalla. So I am glad that its not those types of foods that keep me heavy.

My calorie intake is anissue. I do need to correct that.

I would love to use the epliptical, but my gym doesnt have one. They look really easy and fun. Yes, I do need to lose my first 20 pounds. This has all been very hard for me. I know a lot of people use this as an excuse, but in my case its true...IF I had a thyroid, my doctor said all of my efforts would have long since payed off by now.

BigPopa, stay in touch with me, your advise was great, though I felt you misunderstood some. I needed a shove forward like yopu did to me today!

Blessings to you, BP.

And WOW, thank you too TBF!

MarvelComicGirl
11-30-2007, 01:57 AM
OKay, so I did some research on various diet meals such as Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, etc.

.... and found that the only one that isn't bragging about their "popularity" and "profits" and who they "compete" against, is Healthy Choice because of the reasoning behind creating healthy meals for us.

I think this may be better for me ( even if it's not organic ) for the time being, until I reach a better understanding of healthy measurements of calorie intake and portion sizes and such.

So wish me much luck!

PS,
and I also found out that Stouffer's and Healthy Choice are the same people, which I respect for Stouffer's efforts to delete added ingredients that are harmful to our health, such as preservatives.

OK ok ok , Blessings!
Juliet.

*goes into non lurker mode* lol jk
I always seem to buy Healthy Choice when I go out and buy something at the store for a quick meal :D that or smart ones but mostly Healthy choice.

Also about the loose skin. Its just something we have to work with when the time comes. Just keep up the weight lifting and cardio, you should be fine. Just you'll be a lot happier at a lower weight and looking back at all the effort you did will make you feel good :)

chrischap01
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
i "fourth" what poppa, fred, and Marvel girl said! Do the work and the rest wll take care of itself. If loose skin is an issue, deal with it then! It may never be a problem, so you certainly don't want to waste time now worrying about it when you could be looking and feeling better already!

I really suggest you find a specific program that is laid out in terms of diet and exercise, one that is proven to work, and follow it to the letter. Once you get the hang of it, then maybe you can start modifying to meet your tastes/needs a little better. To begin with, the structure will help you be consistent and consistency is the most important thing as you try to lose weight and keep it off, in my opinion!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-01-2007, 12:06 AM
*goes into non lurker mode* lol jk
I always seem to buy Healthy Choice when I go out and buy something at the store for a quick meal :D that or smart ones but mostly Healthy choice.

Also about the loose skin. Its just something we have to work with when the time comes. Just keep up the weight lifting and cardio, you should be fine. Just you'll be a lot happier at a lower weight and looking back at all the effort you did will make you feel good :)

Haha, I am glad that "Lurker Mode" became defective, hehe. I like your sense of humor. Yes, I hope I do not get the whole loose skin thing, but I am not dwelling on that. I just wanna get back into exercising at the gym. I really feel at home there.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
:( Forget I Ever Said Anything About The Loose Skin People! :( It Was Only A Thought I Had, Not My Focus.

But I Love Each Of You For Paying Attention To My Details, Hehe.

:) Bless You All. :)

YMCA4ThisChick
12-02-2007, 12:11 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryZA68xoly8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryZA68xoly8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I love this belly Dancer!

Of the many, many dances I have seen, BRICE is the only one I have seen yet, that is not all about shaking the hips. She is gifted in using her belly, as a belly dancer should~ and is able to control every muscle she has, moving herself flawlessly as she wills her body to move and can also make her body appear to be controlling the music as well, in other videos. BRICE is a one of a kind and most belly dancers should practice her techniques, since it's not likely that too many are naturally talented as BRICE is.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-02-2007, 01:48 AM
I would like to see who can increase the most on their weight lifting and decrease the most on their body weight by Christmas, starting today...Anyone in on the holiday competition with me? Ready, Set and Go!

MarvelComicGirl
12-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I would like to see who can increase the most on their weight lifting and decrease the most on their body weight by Christmas, starting today...Anyone in on the holiday competition with me? Ready, Set and Go!

Oooh a competition eh? :D I'll try for it

chrischap01
12-02-2007, 06:20 AM
i plan to hit it really hard between now and Christmas, but the program I am doing probably will not help me gain much strength. I am definitely hoping to shed some pounds, though.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
You guys are great! I tried to go to the gym last night and it was closed already AGAIN! RRrrr.

phoenixr2
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
glad to see you are still here and in the spirit!
Do you guys have a 24 hour fitness (or similar gym in FL)? Thats what I love about my gym is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I cant give myself excuses. that and the fact I am very random and sometimes I want to go work out at 11pm or I wake up at 3am and cant sleep so I can go work out.
anyhow, keep up the good work, and continue to progress to start off the new year healthier!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
glad to see you are still here and in the spirit!
Do you guys have a 24 hour fitness (or similar gym in FL)? Thats what I love about my gym is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I cant give myself excuses. that and the fact I am very random and sometimes I want to go work out at 11pm or I wake up at 3am and cant sleep so I can go work out.
anyhow, keep up the good work, and continue to progress to start off the new year healthier!

Wowzerz, Phoenixr2! Long time since I have seen you. Hello and thank you! Yes, Jax does have a 24 hour fitness, however, I have a FREE membership at the YMCA. Now, if I can just find out whats up with the hours there, hehe. I know what you mean, I too have had plent of midnight spurts to run off to the gym, that would be nice. Perhaps when I can afford a 24/7 place to go I will. Pleased to communicate all this with you, stay in touch!

Blessings to you and yours,
Juliet.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I put in 45 minutes at the gym tonight. It was rather irritating thou. There were so many people there tonight, that I had to wait on two of the machines I like to use, :( . I will have to plan to arrive at a later time, perhaps 8 or 9 pm will be better.

I am looking to start walking for health. Does anybody have any good links to help get me going in the right direction?

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I was reading some posts and came across this grocery list for clean eating. Perhaps someone can use it, as I didn't know what clean eating was myself. Of course, I recommend all of it be purchased organically to make it even " cleaner ":

The Grocery List (that out whatever u woulnd't eat)

Lean Protein:
Chicken
Eggs/Egg Whites
Tuna
Turkey
Salmon
Tilapia
Lean Beef
Lean Meat
Turkey Burgers
Turkey Sausage

Complex Carbs:
Oatmeal - Quaker Oats or Steel Cut
Whole Grain Cerael - Bran Flakes, Fiber One, Kashi Go Lean
Whole Grain Bread - or other varieties ex. Ezekiel bread (frozen organic is healthiest)
Sweet Potaotes
Yams
Brown Rice / White rice(if u have to)

Fibrous Carbs:
Iceberg Lettauce
Roamine Lettauce
Spinach
Broc****
Califlour
Green Beans
Asaparagus

Other Veggies(in moderation)
Carrots
Corn
Peas

Fruits:
Apples
Bananas
Oranges
Blueberries
Strawberries
Pineapple
Mango

Dairy:
Milk (skim - Whole) Preference Based
Cottage Cheese
Cheese (moderation)

Fat Sources:
Natural Peanut Butter
Olive Oil
Fish Oil
Flax Oil
Fish Caps
Sunflower Oil
Peanuts
Almonds
Walnuts
Cashews

Supplements:
Whey Protein
Creatine (if u want to use)
Multivitamin

MarvelComicGirl
12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Nice list :D Kashi Go Lean cereal is the best! The orignal flavor one has a nice amount of fiber and protein

cawiau
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey great thread!!!

I believe that you can accomplish your goals if you really want to. You have come a long way, so keep on going!

*Subscribed*

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I made it to the gym tonight, yay again! I borrowed my mamas car. I increased my weights by one notch, to wear I could barely push it, hehe. I was just having myself a good time as I always do there. The main floor man that supervises, his name is Tyree. He always stops to check on me about every 15 minutes, and I noticed he doesn't do that with anyone else. Makes me wonder whats up, do I look funny? Hehe. I will be there again tomorrow night, God willing.

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:04 PM
He loves you as much as I do!!

cawiau
12-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I made it to the gym tonight, yay again! I borrowed my mamas car. I increased my weights by one notch, to wear I could barely push it, hehe. I was just having myself a good time as I always do there. The main floor man that supervises, his name is Tyree. He always stops to check on me about every 15 minutes, and I noticed he doesn't do that with anyone else. Makes me wonder whats up, do I look funny? Hehe. I will be there again tomorrow night, God willing.

Good! As long as you made it!
And don't question it...just appreciate it ;)

He loves you as much as I do!!

Hey..you are married! ;)

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey..you are married! ;)

Oh yeah.........................

chrischap01
12-04-2007, 10:14 PM
thanks for posting that list, that is a good reference!

also, good job on getting back in the gym! keep it up!

edit - i just looked over your list again. the only thing i eat with any regularity that is not on that list is yogurt, so i guess i am eating pretty clean!

chrischap01
12-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah.........................
watch it fred, or you will end up getting unmarried like me ;)

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
watch it fred, or you will end up getting unmarried like me ;)

Almost there anyway, so blah.................

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
OMG you guys, I am fallin off my chair over here! Toooo funny.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
And, did any of you see my video I finally learned how to put on here? Thanks Chris for the instructions. Flip a few pages back to see it.

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:29 PM
You had a white box?

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Almost there anyway, so blah.................

Things were lookin "up" for you all last week TBF, what happened?

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I really told my wife I wouldnt talk about it, but if you really want to know, and keep a secret, then Pm me

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh crap...I didn't do it right?

Okay- just go to youtube and look up Rachel Brice and watch her video that shows the candles in the picture. I think it's the second or third one down her list.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
What Is A Pm?

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Oh, A Private Message.

Freddie Beef
private message

MarvelComicGirl
What Is A Pm?

Private message

The guy is probably just checking to see if you are ok and to see if you need help. That or hes hitting on you ;) lol

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
No, he isnt hitting on me, but I wish someone would, lol. He just smiles really big at me and waves at me or walks by and , well...smiles. Okay- freaky.

cawiau
12-04-2007, 10:45 PM
No, he isnt hitting on me, but I wish someone would, lol. He just smiles really big at me and waves at me or walks by and , well...smiles. Okay- freaky.

Girl...if I wasn't engaged I would definitely hit on you ;)
Hey, toobigfred got nothing on me!

Keep at it, we all have your back!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
OKay, here is the link to the video. Y'all watch it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ryZA68xoly8

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Girl...if I wasn't engaged I would definitely hit on you ;)
Hey, toobigfred got nothing on me!

Keep at it, we all have your back!

HAHAHA

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
okay, way too much testosterone in here tonight, lol. Maybe you should watch that video another day- it might be too much for you boys, lol.

cawiau
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
OKay, here is the link to the video. Y'all watch it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ryZA68xoly8

HOT :D

if you really like delly bancy, why don't you try to take some classes?

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah Buddy!!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
What the heck is a " delly bancy "?

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 10:51 PM

WHAT....HAHA

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 10:55 PM
The closest I get to belly dancing is when I go to the Casbah. Its a arabian restaraunt and they have hookas pipes and live belly dancers. so cool. I will consider a class when I am fit to, but right now I wouldn't know which belly to use, so I better wait til my options are "reduced" to one. hehe.

cawiau
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM

my bad....belly dancy :(

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Well , it was nice chatting with you guys. I really needed the sense of humor tonight. TBF, I will pass on that Private Message, because I am all for "woman power" , so I will let you whine to your boys instead, hehe.

I am going to go grab some Cajun style Boiled Peanuts from the gas station and put on my movie. I am watching, The Hit, tonight. I hope it's a good one. I have seen so many movies, I can't find one I haven't seen anymore, or even one thats any good anymore either.

Blessings-
Juliet.

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Well , it was nice chatting with you guys. I really needed the sense of humor tonight. TBF, I will pass on that Private Message, because I am all for "woman power" , so I will let you whine to your boys instead, hehe.

I am going to go grab some Cajun style Boiled Peanuts from the gas station and put on my movie. I am watching, The Hit, tonight. I hope it's a good one. I have seen so many movies, I can't find one I haven't seen anymore, or even one thats any good anymore either.

Blessings-
Juliet.

you would probably beat my wife if you knew, but hey, I really didnt want to talk about it anyway honestly. I am off to bed(shes on couch!!)

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Okay, I am sending you PM. stay up !

cawiau
12-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay, I am sending you PM. stay up !

Now you got me curious too :D

Good night and enjoy that movie!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Cawiau, what does that screen name mean?

MarvelComicGirl
12-04-2007, 11:14 PM

Blessings-
Juliet.

Have a good night :D

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
You make me stay up to send you my problem and you logg off and dont reply. hmf.....oh wells, My wife and I have handled our problems well and this will not be any worse.

Freddie Beef
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
You make me stay up to send you my problem and you logg off and dont reply. hmf.....oh wells, My wife and I have handled our problems well and this will not be any worse.

NEVERMIND>>>>LOLOLOL

cawiau
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Cawiau, what does that screen name mean?

My name

Carl-Williams Augustin

take the two letters of each and you get

cawiau

It is my screen name on every website I am a member and all my e-mails are cawiau@....com
It is never taken and easy to remember!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I made it to the gym again tonight!!!!!!!!!!! My lower back gave out on me this morning. I couldnt get from a bending over position to a standing one, so I hobbled to my bed right in front of me and layed on my side for a bit. It was painful. I need to do lower back workouts for sure. I am an old woman now I guess, lol. I upped all of my weights, so I am feeling it really good in my muscles. Those hurt too.

MarvelComicGirl
12-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I made it to the gym again tonight!!!!!!!!!!! My lower back gave out on me this morning. I couldnt get from a bending over position to a standing one, so I hobbled to my bed right in front of me and layed on my side for a bit. It was painful. I need to do lower back workouts for sure. I am an old woman now I guess, lol. I upped all of my weights, so I am feeling it really good in my muscles. Those hurt too.

Oh man becareful with your back. When I was younger I had a really bad back injury like the one you described. So no its not because of aging! You're still young in my books

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Awww, thank you, Marvel! I am/was a CNA. I put in about 7 years all together as a CNA, and I KNOW its from that. I can remember one resident in paticular in 1995, that really messed me up and I was hospitalized. Ahhh, the joys of loving mean people who need me. Hehe.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 01:29 AM
By the waY, mARVEL...How many pounds can you lift on the Tricep Extention? How many also on the shoulder press? Both of those being done in a seated position... I ask because I would like an idea of where I am at on weights.

MarvelComicGirl
12-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Awww, thank you, Marvel! I am/was a CNA. I put in about 7 years all together as a CNA, and I KNOW its from that. I can remember one resident in paticular in 1995, that really messed me up and I was hospitalized. Ahhh, the joys of loving mean people who need me. Hehe.

Aaaah! That explains your back problems then. My one friend is going to college to become a CNA and is currently a RN I think. She works at an oldfolks home at the moment and there are times she comes in the gym in major pain :(

By the waY, mARVEL...How many pounds can you lift on the Tricep Extention? How many also on the shoulder press? Both of those being done in a seated position... I ask because I would like an idea of where I am at on weights.

I don't normally do seated

Standing Tricep Press= 40lbs
Shoulder Press= 100lbs (hard)

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Aaaah! That explains your back problems then. My one friend is going to college to become a CNA and is currently a RN I think. She works at an oldfolks home at the moment and there are times she comes in the gym in major pain :(

I don't normally do seated

Standing Tricep Press= 40lbs
Shoulder Press= 100lbs (hard)

Okay- Maybe you should do seated tricep , because you can lift more that way- I am doing seated tricep at 50 pounds and seated shoulder press at 100 pounds and I am only a beginner.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Okay- Maybe you should do seated tricep , because you can lift more that way- I am doing seated tricep at 50 pounds and seated shoulder press at 100 pounds and I am only a beginner.

No no no. She is probably a CNA ( which is dirty work ) and in college to become an RN. That would be the proper chain of command. NA to CNA to MA To LPN to RN.

cawiau
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Good to hear that you made it to the gym!
That is always good news ;)

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey CA, how are you? I am taking it one day at a time, but I am at the gym whenever I can, I love it there.

cawiau
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey CA, how are you? I am taking it one day at a time, but I am at the gym whenever I can, I love it there.

Same here, taking it one day at a time. Can't do it any other way!
Me too, i lvoe the gym, just can;t seem to find the time to be there.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 11:41 AM

I DON'T WANNA HERE NO "I DON'T HAVE TIME" EXCUSES WHY YOU CAN'T GET TO THE GYM! WOMEN WORKING FULL TIME AND PREGNANT CAN STILL FIT IN A WORKOUT AT THE GYM AFTER TRANSFERING THEIR OTHER THREE KIDS FROM SCHOOL TO DAY CARE AND A ONE HOUR LAMAZ CLASS!!!

Hehe, did that help?

cawiau
12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I DON'T WANNA HERE NO "I DON'T HAVE TIME" EXCUSES WHY YOU CAN'T GET TO THE GYM! WOMEN WORKING FULL TIME AND PREGNANT CAN STILL FIT IN A WORKOUT AT THE GYM AFTER TRANSFERING THEIR OTHER THREE KIDS FROM SCHOOL TO DAY CARE AND A ONE HOUR LAMAZ CLASS!!!

Hehe, did that help?

LOL!!!

It is just what I needed! Leaving work early today to make it to the gym!

Thanks!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 11:49 AM
LOL!!!

It is just what I needed! Leaving work early today to make it to the gym!

Thanks!

Have a good workout!

chrischap01
12-06-2007, 11:52 AM
read my signature ;)

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Thats RIGHT! You go Chris!

cawiau
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Have a good workout!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 11:55 AM
No prob.

cawiau
12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
What fits your busy schedule better: exercising 1 hour per day, or being dead 24 hours per day?

WOW...so true:eek:

cawiau
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
MfTQergr29M

CHRISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it right, yayayayayay!

WTF??? LOL :D

Hotmoltenlava
12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
i lvoe the gym, just can;t seem to find the time to be there.

Man, it hurts me to hear you say that. I thought you had this game figured out....:D We all have the same number of hours and all have time constraints. We can compare who's day is worse all day, be we all have crazy schedules. Just tell yourself this:

We make time for the things in our lives that are important to us. If you don't make time, it isn't important to you.

If it isn't important to you, that's cool. A year ago, it wasn't important to me, but don't say you love the gym and then say you can't find the time. I don't buy it.

I like you and respect you and am only looking out for you, so don't take offense. I am trying to help. Think about what I said.

Have a good one.

cawiau
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Man, it hurts me to hear you say that. I thought you had this game figured out....:D We all have the same number of hours and all have time constraints. We can compare who's day is worse all day, be we all have crazy schedules. Just tell yourself this:

We make time for the things in our lives that are important to us. If you don't make time, it isn't important to you.

If it isn't important to you, that's cool. A year ago, it wasn't important to me, but don't say you love the gym and then say you can't find the time. I don't buy it.

I like you and respect you and am only looking out for you, so don't take offense. I am trying to help. Think about what I said.

Have a good one.

Thanks, I needed that :D

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
WTF??? LOL :D

Don't be laughin at my video, it's cool!

May the Organics be with you . . . LOL.

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Time for me to take a nap, blessings, and oh...CA, I will be on again tonight after 10pm EST to hear your update on the gym after you got off work!

cawiau
12-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Don't be laughin at my video, it's cool!

May the Organics be with you . . . LOL.

LOL :D

cawiau
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Time for me to take a nap, blessings, and oh...CA, I will be on again tonight after 10pm EST to hear your update on the gym after you got off work!

Enjoy the nap and I will keep you posted!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Now, CWA...You still on? You have been on BB.com all day, lol. Get to that gym, BOY!

cawiau
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Now, CWA...You still on? You have been on BB.com all day, lol. Get to that gym, BOY!

I am still at work!

Trying to leave soon!

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh okay- you are on the puter at work? Gz. :)

MarvelComicGirl
12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Only a beginner? That is quite strong for some people :P

No no no. She is probably a CNA ( which is dirty work ) and in college to become an RN. That would be the proper chain of command. NA to CNA to MA To LPN to RN.

Ah I never knew the order correctly lol

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, no. I was not saying I was strong, I was just pointing out that you may get a better workout ( heavier weight lift ) sitting down, like I do. Maybe that way you will find it easy to lift more than you thought you could.

MarvelComicGirl
12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Haha ok I'll try it when its arm day again

YMCA4ThisChick
12-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I dont know about your gym of course, but the seated chest at my gym has both the arms and a leg press. Which is cool because I can do both arms and legs, or just arms or just legs. I totally love it.