PDA

View Full Version : jason's time

jason573
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I have come to a point in my life where losing all my excese weight and becoming a healthier person. A little background into who I am: I am a 27 y/o male living in the midwest. Dropped out of high school so I could use more drugs and party my life away. Turns out that got pretty old at about 25. Got my GED and am now attending college. Everything sounds great so far but here comes the fun stuff. I currently weigh about 275, smoke about 2 packs of cigs a day, and after a recent trip to the treadmill couldnt run at a moderate pace for more than 2 minutes. Yes this does sound pretty bad but here is the clincher. TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY HEALTHY LIFE. it has been 2 days since i drank a heavy amount of soda and am pulling away from drinking it at all. SMoking is going to be leaving my life for good soon. (set monday as my official quit date). So why come here and blabber about my life? I feel a group who has most likley been down my path will be a great way to support and motivate myself. Hopefully as time progresses and I become a healthier person this journal can also inspire someoen who is in the situation i am. Although at this moment i am in the preliminary stages of diet and exercise, I feel stronger for taking the first step. My college offers a membership to their gym and access to a personal trainer for 20 dollars a semester, so i figure I would be stupid not to utilize this. Obviously, Smoking and soda must leave my body in order for me to succeed. At the least i will be giving weekly updates to my weight, the way i feel, and how this transformation is going. I welcome all of you to my jouirney and would love any feedback or suggestions. P.S. sorry for my grammer and typographical errors, as you can see i am deffinatly not an english major!