PDA

View Full Version : Where are you political beliefs based?

JT.
04-18-2005, 12:46 AM
well..?

Wussy
04-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Good question. I'm pretty much all over the place myself depending on the issue.

TranceNRG
04-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Good question. I'm pretty much all over the place myself depending on the issue.

ya... it's quite hard to pick one of those.

each issue must be taken individually.

JT.
04-18-2005, 02:07 AM

Well i'd say that your political beliefs aren't based in either camp so if i were you i'd choose the 'neither' option.

G T
04-18-2005, 02:55 AM
what is the obsession with this one dimensional BS? where is the "libertarian" option? there are more than just two sides.

ol_ matey
04-18-2005, 03:53 AM
You can't simplify politics down to simply left and right. I'm conservative on some issues, liberal on others. I'm capitalist but I believe in a fair go. Narrowing politics down to "liberals" and "conservatives" is what Fox News does to convince idiots that everything they say is right. I reckon a maximum of maybe 5% of the population fits totally into one category or another, and they are the ones who don't think for themselves, ie they either believe everything Michael Moore says or everything Fox News says.

JT.
04-18-2005, 03:54 AM
what is the obsession with this one dimensional BS? where is the "libertarian" option? there are more than just two sides.
I've said it once but i'll say it again:

Well i'd say that your political beliefs aren't based in either camp so if i were you i'd choose the 'neither' option.
sheesh am i going to have to hold everyone's hand through this process.

JB_89
04-18-2005, 03:59 AM
i dont no wat all that means, but all i no is gorge bush has my vote, we need to go overseas and kick some more ass!

JT.
04-18-2005, 04:00 AM
You can't simplify politics down to simply left and right. I'm conservative on some issues, liberal on others. I'm capitalist but I believe in a fair go. Narrowing politics down to "liberals" and "conservatives" is what Fox News does to convince idiots that everything they say is right. I reckon a maximum of maybe 5% of the population fits totally into one category or another, and they are the ones who don't think for themselves, ie they either believe everything Michael Moore says or everything Fox News says.
thats a great speech but as the question in my poll indicates, i'm asking where (generally speaking) your politcal beliefs are BASED. not what side of politics do you agree with on every single issue. I don't blindly follow one side of politics either but i would consider myself closer to one side than the other.

oh and everybody does simplify politics down to simply left and right, its called deciding who you will vote for.

ol_ matey
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
thats a great speech but as the question in my poll indicates, i'm asking where (generally speaking) your politcal beliefs are BASED. not what side of politics do you agree with on every single issue. I don't blindly follow one side of politics either but i would consider myself closer to one side than the other.

oh and everybody does simplify politics down to simply left and right, its called deciding who you will vote for.
How about noone because they're all a bunch of lying ****heads? Left and right means all sorts of different ****. Economically? Socially? Socio-economically? Furthermore, speeches are spoken. I typed my input. Stop trying to cover up for asking such an elementary question.

DLStar64
04-18-2005, 06:18 PM
My political beliefs are based on politics....

sticklegs
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
How about noone because they're all a bunch of lying ****heads? Left and right means all sorts of different ****. Economically? Socially? Socio-economically? Furthermore, speeches are spoken. I typed my input. Stop trying to cover up for asking such an elementary question.

what he said. I'm very fiscally conservative(far right) but very socially liberal(far left). This is why we need more than 2 parties

Aaron_01
04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Moderatly right on both fiscal and social aspects.

bbjeff86
04-18-2005, 06:46 PM

Libertarian is on the right wing.

Pump that iron!
04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
I think I'm darn close to the centre overall.

It really depends on the issue.

JT.
04-18-2005, 10:50 PM
i hope typing that message made you feel better. now go away

George Carlinian
04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
'left' and 'right' depends on perspective. To many Republicans, 'liberals' are left. Same to the opposite.

Personally, I think there is no 'left' or 'right' in American politics, but merely different extremes of the same values.

What republicans preach is what I believe, therefore I'm NOT a Republican but a libertarian. This is mainly because of their stance on financial responsibility (for individuals and for governments).

Other than that, I strongly oppose abortions.
I strongly oppose capital punishment, especially in the U.S. criminal system, with its history of sending people to death row, and later overturning their convictions (at times, after the death).
No redundant taxes. All taxation should be in imports and exports. No consumer taxes, except the sales tax to replace the UNCONSTITUTIONAL income tax (ALL forms of it...we have many forms of income tax, despite the fact that double taxation also being UNCONSTITUTIONAL).

Guns for all. Sell them in 7-11's, along with ammo. I'm sure criminals fear citizens with guns more than cops. We should have the right to walk around with ak47's in city streets like they do in the backwoods of african nations.

No government regulation of religious institutions! (marriage) Let gays baptise each other if they want, but leave the government out of it! The US government has become a protestant denomination it seems at times!

War is the apex of evil. Let us stop being so comfortable with our military. Let us do the decent thing and go back to the original name for the Dept. of Defense...go back to War Department. Let us hold politicians accountable for military acts. Let's attack those that help our enemies instead of those that threaten our enemies (saud family / saddam hussein family).

States rights over all! Let each state do their thing and let people who don't like it move away.

I like the Libertarian Party and Constitution Party as replacements for my conservative itch (which republicans abandoned since doobya took office). I'm a Christian so I like to have my Christian values represented politically, so I don't like pro-abortion like stances of the LP and I dont like protestantism politically so I don't trust the CP.

I'm a political orphan I guess :p

George Carlinian
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Libertarian is on the right wing.
Not really. As I said above, its all perspective. Libertarians are 'left' when it comes to abortion and other religious values. This is, as he said, dimensional to say the least. As I said above, its all on perspective. I wonder how many of the 'far right' are actually Republicans or Republican apologists.

George Carlinian
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM

You need the 'Syriankid' option for that poll :p

ol_ matey
04-19-2005, 05:00 AM
38? Act your age.

ol_ matey
04-19-2005, 05:03 AM
I hope neg repping a bloke who couldn't give a flying fornication about reps made you feel better. You're just pissed off a bloke half your age made you look a downright idiot. "Mah name's JT. People call me JT."

JT.
04-19-2005, 06:17 AM
I hope neg repping a bloke who couldn't give a flying fornication about reps made you feel better. You're just pissed off a bloke half your age made you look a downright idiot. "Mah name's JT. People call me JT."
I hope neg repping me with zero rep power made you feel better because it didn't do much else. lol
Now thats enough internet for one night son, off to bed you go.

Fluff
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Left wing you bitches!

ol_ matey
04-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope neg repping me with zero rep power made you feel better because it didn't do much else. lol
Now thats enough internet for one night son, off to bed you go.
Hahahahah you're 38 getting worked up over a 20 year old because he put you on show on the net. Ah yes, the internet, the last attempt at getting friends for a lonely 38-year-old with the political knowledge of a 10-year-old. "Duh... are you left wing or right wing? I got learned up real good from Fox News!"

Get a life old timer.

JT.
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM

38? Act your age.

Hahahahah you're 38 getting worked up over a 20 year old because he put you on show on the net. Ah yes, the internet, the last attempt at getting friends for a lonely 38-year-old with the political knowledge of a 10-year-old. "Duh... are you left wing or right wing? I got learned up real good from Fox News!"

Get a life old timer.
I'm the one getting worked up? lol
This is very boring and completely off topic, thanks for taking an interest in my thread now please troll somewhere else.

JT.
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Interesting poll results so far, pretty much what i expected from the posts i have read in religion/politics part of this forum.

Axiora
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Eh, this poll is BS. Just send everyone to do the political compass test and have them post their results instead.