PDA

View Full Version : 1 LB of Chicken/Serving.. Too Much?

HeavenlyBent
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
So for lunch.. I've been eating approximately 1LB of Grilled Chicken Breast from the local grocery.

I weigh 205lbs.. So something like that isn't too difficult to munch down.

But, Is that too much too consume in one serving?.. Maybe too much protein in on serving?

Should I split it up between two meals?

What about like 1/2Lb of Roast Beef?... Would that be better?

Maxfits202
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
i would split it two since the body can only handle so much protein at once usually about 30-40 grams, the rest gets wasted. theres an argument to whether you just get rid of that extra protein by nature or if it can get stored as fat. either way it doesnt get used and youll also save some money

The Solution
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
So for lunch.. I've been eating approximately 1LB of Grilled Chicken Breast from the local grocery.

I weigh 205lbs.. So something like that isn't too difficult to munch down.

But, Is that too much too consume in one serving?.. Maybe too much protein in on serving?

Should I split it up between two meals?

What about like 1/2Lb of Roast Beef?... Would that be better?

i would split it up and get some good complex carbs + fats with this and even some fruit/veggie on the side.. its better to get more then just a lean protein source at a meal .. hit all the macros when possible

Sibrek
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Sounds fine to me

Basil08
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
i would split it two since the body can only handle so much protein at once usually about 30-40 grams, the rest gets wasted. theres an argument to whether you just get rid of that extra protein by nature or if it can get stored as fat. either way it doesnt get used and youll also save some money

Don't be so sure of that. Yes, this is coming from an IF dieter.

To the OP: a Lean protein source should be incorperated in each meal you have, look at the amount of Protein your consuming at the end of the day, then tweak the meals so that the protein sources are a bit more even for optimal results.