PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop drinkin

PhillyB
10-26-2001, 12:34 AM
But iam worried about about my weight level. I am about 20 pounds over weight and a ragin alcohol any way i could lose weight and drink alcohol. forgot to mention I am a university student that parties everyday.

Lets be honest none of us will eva date a model

PhillyB
10-26-2001, 12:36 AM
I am drunk right now can u telllllllllllllllllllll.

thankx

Logo
10-26-2001, 09:08 AM
Sounds like you need to get yourself to an AA meeting before you even think about losing weight. The only way you could lose weight drinking like it sounds you are, is by eating next to nothing. This wouldn't be a good thing becuase it will keep you drunk longer, deprive you of nutrients, and give you hellacious hang-overs. You only healthy choice is to cut way back on the drinking. You'd be suprised how man calories are in a can of beer. Those can add up quickly too, I know. Try cutting your alcohol consumption in half and switch to a light beer. That's a start.

fitnessman
10-27-2001, 05:49 PM
Have a drink night, like friday.

You cant drink everyday. Its just not healthy. Alcohol reduces testosterone levels and is highly estrogenic, so if worried about it, cut back. If you have problems cutting back--you need meetings

Tim
10-27-2001, 06:02 PM
Drinking every day is way too much. If you only drink on weekends you can lose weight if you eat right and do enough cardio. I know because I've done it before. I actually lost more weight than I wanted to! I got all shredded but I lost like 10 lbs. of muscle too! I know it's hard to drink only on weekends when you're in college. When I was in college I would often drink three days a week, but once I graduated I cut it back to weekends only. Now I only go out drinking one night most weekends, and my gains in strenth and muscle have been better that they have been in a long time. I am convinced that alcohol holds you back in both building mass and losing fat.

devyn44
11-02-2001, 10:35 AM
the only way to quit drinking is to have a child. when you wake up in the middle of the night to a crying baby and you are still drunk. good luck. or try having a hangover when they wake up at 6am.

Tim
11-03-2001, 05:35 PM
All it really takes to stop drinking is discipline. It also helps if you have certain priorities which would not allow you to drink, like having a child or being a competitive bodybuilder. You should basically do what you think is right for you and what suits your needs. For instance, I thought the right thing for me was to simply cut back my partying to one night a weekend. That way my gains are a better (though not as good as they would be if I stopped drinking entirely), and I still can enjoy the nightlife, which is important to me as a single 24 year old man.

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 12:41 AM
GET a real life
if you cant function without alcohol you gotta problem
if you cant have fun " " " " "
Train like an animal and drop the booze down to no more than 3-4 times a month. It comes down to what you want more:
girls from a great body and healthy mind
or fat & hangovers from penny pitchers, tequila shots and boilermakers

bigkmedium
11-09-2001, 02:05 PM
hey i can relate, just get it out of your system in college,when your a little older youll have no problem deciding between the two(if your a true bodybuilder) my advice;drink beer for taste(BECKS)not for buzz.

Ringer
11-27-2001, 08:22 PM
drinkin is great, i drank every day for two years and still gained, just run your ass off, and if your hungover smoke some herb, it takes it right away. and yes im still a heavy drinker just not every day

Tim
11-28-2001, 08:40 AM
Drinking every day!? I thought that I was drinking a lot when I drank 3-4 nights a week when I was in college.

Dorian
11-28-2001, 08:48 AM
Years ago I drank heavily myself, I drank nightly and daily and anytime I could......... I put on alot of wieght..... but it was all fat...I got lucky and got really sick. the reason I say I got lucky is because it made me stop. Doc told me I would end up like my dad dead at 40, I was 30 at the time. Had to take along look at my life and what could be ahead for me. that made me decide right then and there to never drink a drop again... and I haven't. don't decide to do something about when it is too late!

Ringer
11-28-2001, 11:56 PM
dorian what kind of problems did you have, if you dont mind me askin you, cause im a heavy boozer myself. also how long were you a heavy boozer

Stu.
03-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Did you get it sorted in the end?

davidolson22
03-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I doubt the troll did.

elgatito71
03-22-2013, 09:04 AM
But iam worried about about my weight level. I am about 20 pounds over weight and a ragin alcohol any way i could lose weight and drink alcohol. forgot to mention I am a university student that parties everyday.

Lets be honest none of us will eva date a model uff this was a huge problem for me because of my friends like everyone here i have a social life and when i go out been the i'm dominican we have to drink while partying but since i started my cut haven't drink at all it's about the will power man....

matman1813
03-22-2013, 09:06 AM
10-25-2001, 11:34 pm

elgatito71
03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
@matman hahahahahahaha thanks for pointing that out... i didn't even check that... maybe this guy change he's life style... i don't think he still here only made 4 post...

matman1813
03-22-2013, 09:12 AM
@matman hahahahahahaha thanks for pointing that out... i didn't even check that... maybe this guy change he's life style... i don't think he still here only made 4 post...

Yeah. Hopefully he resolved his issues but we definitely aren't going to find out.

Ravock
03-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Must be a liberal arts major.

Clint18Robin
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
I heard he died of alcohol poisoning...